6.5

Rockville
9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188

[Dr. Lorna Timmreck] didn't seem to care about us as patients and was always very rushed. Her responses were passive at every meeting, which was only two or three times during my 3 attempts at Timed Intercourse...Dr. Timmerick was very passive and seemed more like she was going through a routine and reading off cue cards than actually listening, providing answers, and caring about me as a person.
My nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility] was a mess; she was my main contact at Shady Grove and never had any clue who I was, my history, or what treatment I was doing...they were to schedule weekend testing for me at Rockville but Rockville had no information on me having been scheduled when I arrived...The clinic staff in Columbia never had any clue who I was, my history, or what treatment I was doing. They actually sent me lab results from another patient with a similar name and were moving forward with treatment based on those results until I noticed it and had it corrected. I had a few experiences for testing at Rockville and Towson locations and they seemed better but would be too far a distance for me to go there regularly.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Timmerick didn't seem to care about us as patients and was always very rushed. Her responses were passive at every meeting, which was only two or three times during my 3 attempts at Timed Intercourse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
My nurse was a mess; she was my main contact at Shady Grove and never had any clue who I was, my history, or what treatment I was doing.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Again, they tried to schedule treatments for me based on lab results they uploaded for me, which I noticed were for another patient and were just erroneously uploaded to my chart. There were two instances where my medications weren't called in; they claimed it was the pharmacy's error but I work with the same pharmacy with a different clinic now and have no issues so am inclined to believe it was their problem. There was also an instance where they were to schedule weekend testing for me at Rockville but Rockville had no information on me having been scheduled when I arrived.

2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
While I was pregnant, she [Dr Lorna Timmreck] ordered me to stop taking endometrin, because she did not think my Beta's were high enough and could not see the sack in my uterus. I begged her to give me more medication, but she refused. Shortly afterwards, I started bleding and lost the baby. Afterwards, I showed my Betas to two other fertility clinics - both were shocked at Timmreck's decision to stop a potentially viable pregnancy.
The good [at Shady Grove fertility of Columbia] : Lots of locations and (almost) convenient hours. Many doctors to choose from with pretty brochures in nice offices. The support groups are great. The bad: patients are just numbers - no individual treatment plans. Patients are mostly seen by nurses and rushed staff members.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
While I was pregnant, she ordered me to stop taking endometrin, because she did not think my Beta's were high enough and could not see the sack in my uterus. I begged her to give me more medication, but she refused. Shortly afterwards, I started bleding and lost the baby. Afterwards, I showed my Betas to two other fertility clinics - both were shocked at Timmreck's decision to stop a potentially viable pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Get a new doctor - I did and was treated MUCH better by someone else. Plus, I now have a baby!
Despite being her patient for years, she did not even remember my husband's name and seemed to care more about my shoes than us, as human beings.
Describe the protocols Lorna Timmreck used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Started with a natural iui, then progressed to three standard iui's, then to two ivf's with ganeralix, gonal f and menopur. Second ivf resulted in a pregnancy, but Timmreck had me stop the endometrin due to low Betas, so I lost the baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
She was kind, but nervous. The staff was ok and there was one phlembotomist who was great. The other one I tried to avoid.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The good: Lots of locations and (almost) convenient hours. Many doctors to choose from with pretty brochures in nice offices. The support groups are great. The bad: patients are just numbers - no individual treatment plans. Patients are mostly seen by nurses and rushed staff members.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility.
I was mostly covered by insurance and had to only pay for medications, which ended up to be a few thousand dollars in total.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I believe I lost a baby due to my doctor's decision.