6.5

9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
The only other thing she [Dr. Timmereck] has done repeatedly is bring up my age. I’m 43, and it’s mentioned at EVERY SINGLE appointment I have with her. I know my age! That’s one of the reasons we are there, I don’t need constant reminders!! But overall, since that one phone call, everything has been great. Just don’t expect any unscheduled discussions with her!...don’t expect to feel like you’re her only patients. She is very kind and understanding and was supportive after our miscarriage, but Dr. Timmreck does not make it a secret that she’s extremely busy.
SGF in general is like a factory. The staff, including doctors are very kind, but the sheer volume of patients and wait times can be overwhelming...The first nurse they assigned me was horribly inexperienced, but Natalie has been wonderful. She is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and I never feel rushed or that I am bothering her. She always responds to me in a timely manner and does exactly what she says she’ll do.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Overall, she’s been really nice, but at the beginning of our first cycle, they assigned us to a very inexperienced nurse who couldn’t even answer questions on the phone without checking with a colleague. When I called Dr. Timmreck to discuss, she tried to rush me off the phone saying, “I have patients waiting for me” as if I wasn’t a patient myself! But she did reassign us to another experienced nurse. The only other thing she has done repeatedly is bring up my age. I’m 43, and it’s mentioned at EVERY SINGLE appointment I have with her. I know my age! That’s one of the reasons we are there, I don’t need constant reminders!! But overall, since that one phone call, everything has been great. Just don’t expect any unscheduled discussions with her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Just don’t expect to feel like you’re her only patients. She is very kind and understanding and was supportive after our miscarriage, but Dr. Timmreck does not make it a secret that she’s extremely busy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Lorna Timmreck used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
First cycle: I don’t remember the dosages, but we did BCP for 2.5 weeks, then Gonal-f and Menopur injections for 14 days, at some point, they added in cetrotide injections, but I don’t remember exactly when. I did a Lupron trigger shot, then egg retrieval and 5 day transfer Second cycle: we had the Gonal-f and Menopur injections with the added cetrotide again, I don’t remember the dosages, but I do remember that this time it went on for 16 days. Lupron trigger and then egg retrieval. No eggs fertilized in this cycle, so no transfer occurred :( Third cycle in progress: we are on day 7 of Gonal-f and Menopur injections. They increased the Gonal dosage so we hopefully can trigger earlier this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Eaton)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
This clinic is like a factory. The plus side: they have the system down pat, so you know exactly what to expect and can learn how to work the system to your advantage. The down side: it is EXTREMELY busy ALL THE TIME. They only have 2 blood draw chairs and 3 ultrasound rooms, so you could make an appointment for monitoring at 7:30am and not be seen until 9:00 or later. They do have several other locations in the area, so you can go to any of those locations to be seen if more convenient. But they are all just as busy!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility.
They have a multi-cycle discount of $18,500 for 2 cycles. This not include the medications which can be another $5,000-7,000 per cycle.
Describe Lorna Timmreck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
They did tell me that they would only transfer 2 embryos at a time. We only had 2 that were mature enough to transfer anyway, so it was fine.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
It was only the first inexperienced nurse we had that provided incorrect information about my husband’s fertility issue. She almost caused us to give up entirely until we requested a new nurse and a second opinion.

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Timmreck] was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging...Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. ..Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them...
[Shady Grove Columbia] Very organized and good hours for working women. They have everything organized and written so you don't have to try and remember. Easy to reach nurses via email...[The nurses] They were thorough and compassionate. Never made me feel bad no matter how many questions I had. Always got an answer quickly...She [Dr. Timmreck] outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging.
Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them.
Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. We got pregnant and now have a healthy baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Casey McNeely)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Do not recall