Louis R. Manara, D.O.

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolPhiladelphia Col
ResidencyUMDNJ
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
200 New Jersey 73
Voorhees, NJ 08043
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Louis Manara to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Louis R. Manara, D.O. to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 72%Don't recommend: 28%7
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Third round [with Dr. Manara] we started naturally, primed with estrogen and androgen. We did same drugs but much lower protocol, we only got 3 eggs, but two were good and we got two embryos. Transferred both at 3 days and pregnant with a singleton... took CoQ10, DHEA and Vitamin D to help egg quality...He cared, was invested and didn’t give up hope. He allowed us to make the decision versus telling us what to do. He also changed protocols, and didn’t keep trying the same thing.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Dr. Manara was incredible. He cared and went above and beyond to answer our questions and ensure we knew what was going on. He allowed us to make the choice to go to retrieval even with so few eggs and we got our miracle because of that!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Trust him. Ask questions, be informed and make suggestions, but ultimately trust him. He knows what he’s doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Describe the protocols Louis Manara used in your cycles at Louis R. Manara, D.O. and their degree of success.
First was high injections, gonal f, menopur and cetrotide. Responded poor. Got 4 eggs, 1 poor quality embryo that we transferred and it didn’t work. Waited 3 months and took CoQ10, DHEA and Vitamin D to help egg quality. Second was again high with pills added, and I didn’t respond, we canceled. Birth control pill to time cycle suppressed me. Third round we started naturally, primed with estrogen and androgen. We did same drugs but much lower protocol, we only got 3 eggs, but two were good and we got two embryos. Transferred both at 3 days and pregnant with a singleton.
Jen and Lindsey were amazing. Everyone at the office was. They were generous, caring, empathetic and invested in your story. They were also a part of the retrieval and transfer.
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
This clinic is awesome because it’s so personalized and you work with the same doctor and nurses all the time. Hours are a little limited due to that, but it’s worth it. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
It was always early am which worked best. The techs were great and there were only a couple so you got to know them as well. Again very personalized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
It’s hard to say bc I have good insurance. What I paid was nowhere near what he billed my insurance. For 3 rounds all the visits, labs, imaging and treatments not including meds because they were purchased there was probably around 7k. I paid an additional 4-5k for meds.
Describe Louis Manara's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He handles your care from start to finish...Dr. Manara is a one man show and does every single procedure himself...We have done 6 cycles total. One timed intercourse cycle - no IUI and 5 IUI's medicated with Clomid. I have PCOS and was not ovulating regularly so with the help of Clomid I have been regularly ovulating each month. I think Dr. Manara's diagnosis and treatment were spot on.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
I feel Dr. Manara TRULY cares about each patient. I have a few girls in my local support group that go to him as well and everyone says the same thing: he is compassionate and dedicated to helping us get pregnant. I would like to know our numbers without asking (sometimes he forgets to tell us) but when we ask a question he is ALWAYS willing to answer them honestly. I really trust him that he will get us to the results that we want. We appreciate everything he has done for us thus far.
GO SEE HIM! haha He handles your care from start to finish. We switched clinics because the previous one we saw a different doctor every time. Dr. Manara is a one man show and does every single procedure himself.
Dr. Manara handles your care from consult to conception. He has been extremely upfront with us about our journey and has in detail explained every little thing needed. When our insurance gave us an issue, Dr. Manara donated a shot of Ovidrel to us so we could still move forward with the procedure. HE cares!
AMAZING! These girls are so loving and remember you by name. We truly couldnt ask for a better clinic.
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Honestly, everything is amazing. I dont think they have any weaknesses. The front desk staff is incredible, they respond to questions timely and Dr. Manara sees you every visit. What more could you ask for?
Costly - but only because we did not have the fertility benefit in our health coverage. The doctors office DID help us whenever we needed it, and we appreciated that greatly.
Voorhees
Dr. Manara does see you at each appointment but he does not do the ultrasounds...He called me himself, two times over a span of more than a year...He never told me to take supplements or showed me ways that I could improve my fertility on my own... Each Ivf cycle be used the same drugs and they were never adjusted during stims. I was also diagnosed with a thyroid issue and that was not tested unless I asked for it to be.
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Having had been treated with clomid, two ius, and three ivf egg retrievals I should have walked out of his office with a baby. I had been pregnant on my own so I knew it was possible. He never told me to take supplements or showed me ways that I could improve my fertility on my own. My first retrieval the drug he gave me for trigger had a negative effect on me and none of my eggs were good. It was a complete waste. I should have left then, but was naive and knew my insurance would cover me for three more rounds. Second time, I got more eggs but due to a potential snow storm he had me do a fresh transfer and I was able to freeze one. Both of the transfers ended in BNF. Third retrieval was the best for me, I was able to freeze four. All three transfers were BNF and I had to beg him to allow me to transfer two embryos for the final transfer. I was totally aware of the risk of carrying twins and he finally gave me the okay. Every transfer he used the same exact protocol. Something should have changed at some point but it never did.
If you don’t get results, start asking questions and if you feel like you are getting lip service find a new doctor.
Dr. Manara does see you at each appointment but he does not do the ultrasounds. Meeting with him after an ultra sound just adds to the time I was missing work for appointments. He called me himself, two times over a span of more than a year. There were often times the person at the front desk would call with bad news instead of one of the IVF nurses or Dr. Manara.
He monitored me every other day for IVF. Each Ivf cycle be used the same drugs and they were never adjusted during stims. I was also diagnosed with a thyroid issue and that was not tested unless I asked for it to be. After each retrieval he has me take medication Incase I had to do a fresh transfer. When I did the frozen transfer each time again, same protocol, estrogen and that was it until the progesterone shots.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Louis R. Manara, D.O.. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey )
Not very kind, but did her job well. Nothing like going into an egg retrieval hearing her talk about her current pregnancy. I also delt with Jen who was super sweet and caring.
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Hours were not good. They open at 7:30 where other offices open earlier. No weekend hours either. Not always accommodating with appointments even though I had been a patient for over a year. I never knew until the last minute when a retrieval or transfer was going to be. The clinic was always clean and for the most part most people were somewhat friendly.
I am very fortunate, I only had to pay my $10 co-pay for appointments and most medication. I had to pay $400 for anesthia for retrievals. There was also a fee for freezing and storage but it was prorated if the embryos weren’t frozen for a year and I received money back.
Based on my age he felt I should only ever transfer one, however after none of the transfers working, on my last transfer I wanted to do two because I could not take the heartbreak anymore.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
I see him [Dr. Louis Manara] at every visit and he takes the time to answer all your questions...after my failed transfer he spoke to me on the phone for 10 mins discussing options...We should have had a semen analysis earlier in the process... I do sometimes feel like he's ready to walk out when I still have questions because he's very busy.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
He is warm and compassionate. I see him at every visit and he takes the time to answer all your questions. I do sometimes feel like he's ready to walk out when I still have questions because he's very busy. However, after my failed transfer he spoke to me on the phone for 10 mins discussing options. I also wish I knew all the steps to retrieval ahead of time, like when I'd be taking each medicine and what they all do. Some meds were delivered to me and I had no idea what they were.
Make sure your male partner gets a semen analysis right away.
His staff seems to know everyone by name. I see Dr. Manara at every visit.
Follistim & Menopur, followed by ganirelix. Since my estrogen was high, we triggered with Lupron to avoid OHSS. Use estrace to prepare lining for FET, then PIO Injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Louis R. Manara, D.O.. (Assigned nurse: Jen & Lindsey )
Jen is the best, very warm and answers all your questions. Lindsey is a bit more short with information.
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Kelly at the front desk is the best. She always makes you feel welcome. It's a smaller practice so the staff knows everyone by name. You see all the same people at every visit.
$30 Co-pay
He believes is transferring one at a time. I agree with that for the first couple tries, but would then move to 2.
Voorhees
Not at all a personal experience. Very hands off, uninvolved and unconcerned. Very rushed appointments - doctor [Manara] did not perform ultrasounds himself but met with you for 2 minutes after before he rushed off...Impersonal. Convincing during the consult but my experience turned out to be very different. Did not perform baselines before starting a new cycle which landed me in the ER for a night with a large ovarian cyst. I had called him with concerns about my pain a week prior and many hours later a nurse returned my call and said he wasn't concerned and that was all - blew me off entirely.
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
If you have not been through fertility treatments and don't know the processes and what to expect, be cautious. Ask questions. There are better places in the area. Consider that there is only one doctor in the entire practice with however many patients - that affects quality of care.
Not at all a personal experience. Very hands off, uninvolved and unconcerned. Very rushed appointments - doctor did not perform ultrasounds himself but met with you for 2 minutes after before he rushed off.
I felt like the nurses were not allowed to answer any questions as I was regularly told they would need to ask the doctor on very basic questions. I was given an injectable that hit a nerve in my back and was told it was unavoidable. They had issues drawing my blood.
2011 - 2014
I couldn't be more happy. Extremely friendly and professional staff. Dr Manera made me feel comfortable and was gentle and compassionate in his demeanor. Wait times were pretty short. Procedures were explained well. I hope to go back again soon!...I never had any bad experiences, they were great. clean office. professional staff. competent doctor.
2011 - 2014
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
He is a wise man, take his advice for procedures. Have hope and dont give up!
The staff was extremely friendly, I felt like I got to know them
Hmm....maybe 10k? we were lucky enough to have insurance coverage
2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Manara truly cared about my results and he told me over and over we would be successful even though it was hard to believe after so many failed attempts at another practice. Dr. Manara is one of a kind in his field and I can't say enough positive things about my time see his care...Everyone at the office knew me by name and I truly felt like a part of their family. It's the only doctor's office that ever made me feel like I was important.
2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Trust Dr. Manara! He knows his stuff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
All of the nurses knew my name and were so friendly.
Co-pay