Good

Louis Manara works at

Strongly recommend: 82%Don't recommend: 18%8

200 New Jersey 73
Voorhees, NJ 08043

Dr. Manara does see you at each appointment but he does not do the ultrasounds...He called me himself, two times over a span of more than a year...He never told me to take supplements or showed me ways that I could improve my fertility on my own... Each Ivf cycle be used the same drugs and they were never adjusted during stims. I was also diagnosed with a thyroid issue and that was not tested unless I asked for it to be.
Hours were not good. They [Louis Manara] open at 7:30...No weekend hours either....I never knew until the last minute when a retrieval or transfer was going to be. The clinic was always clean and for the most part most people were somewhat friendly...[nurse] Not very kind, but did her job well. Nothing like going into an egg retrieval hearing her talk about her current pregnancy. I also delt with Jen who was super sweet and caring.
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Having had been treated with clomid, two ius, and three ivf egg retrievals I should have walked out of his office with a baby. I had been pregnant on my own so I knew it was possible. He never told me to take supplements or showed me ways that I could improve my fertility on my own. My first retrieval the drug he gave me for trigger had a negative effect on me and none of my eggs were good. It was a complete waste. I should have left then, but was naive and knew my insurance would cover me for three more rounds. Second time, I got more eggs but due to a potential snow storm he had me do a fresh transfer and I was able to freeze one. Both of the transfers ended in BNF. Third retrieval was the best for me, I was able to freeze four. All three transfers were BNF and I had to beg him to allow me to transfer two embryos for the final transfer. I was totally aware of the risk of carrying twins and he finally gave me the okay. Every transfer he used the same exact protocol. Something should have changed at some point but it never did.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
If you don’t get results, start asking questions and if you feel like you are getting lip service find a new doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Dr. Manara does see you at each appointment but he does not do the ultrasounds. Meeting with him after an ultra sound just adds to the time I was missing work for appointments. He called me himself, two times over a span of more than a year. There were often times the person at the front desk would call with bad news instead of one of the IVF nurses or Dr. Manara.
Describe the protocols Louis Manara used in your cycles at Louis R. Manara, D.O. and their degree of success.
He monitored me every other day for IVF. Each Ivf cycle be used the same drugs and they were never adjusted during stims. I was also diagnosed with a thyroid issue and that was not tested unless I asked for it to be. After each retrieval he has me take medication Incase I had to do a fresh transfer. When I did the frozen transfer each time again, same protocol, estrogen and that was it until the progesterone shots.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Louis R. Manara, D.O.. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey )
Describe your experience with Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Hours were not good. They open at 7:30 where other offices open earlier. No weekend hours either. Not always accommodating with appointments even though I had been a patient for over a year. I never knew until the last minute when a retrieval or transfer was going to be. The clinic was always clean and for the most part most people were somewhat friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
I am very fortunate, I only had to pay my $10 co-pay for appointments and most medication. I had to pay $400 for anesthia for retrievals. There was also a fee for freezing and storage but it was prorated if the embryos weren’t frozen for a year and I received money back.
Describe Louis Manara's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Based on my age he felt I should only ever transfer one, however after none of the transfers working, on my last transfer I wanted to do two because I could not take the heartbreak anymore.
What specific things went wrong at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
I think that I should have been made aware of supplements that I could take to help my body or other lifestyle changes. I feel that this could have helped my outcome. I also think that pgs should have been recommend my third retrieval. Dr. Manara had suggested I get some rests done before my fourth round of IVF. He warned me that it might not be covered by insurance and told me to reach out to my provider, who told me to have the doctor’s office write me a letter. When I called the office for the letter they were so confused and acted like I was the first person who ever needed this. They ended up writing a letter, not stating what the insurance needed, and the insurance company denied the letter. That was the last straw for me.
Louis Manara
Voorhees

Not at all a personal experience. Very hands off, uninvolved and unconcerned. Very rushed appointments - doctor [Manara] did not perform ultrasounds himself but met with you for 2 minutes after before he rushed off...Impersonal. Convincing during the consult but my experience turned out to be very different. Did not perform baselines before starting a new cycle which landed me in the ER for a night with a large ovarian cyst. I had called him with concerns about my pain a week prior and many hours later a nurse returned my call and said he wasn't concerned and that was all - blew me off entirely.
Billing [at Louis R. Manara] was a mess. Nurses often failed to give me proper medication instructions and I only knew to ask because I had been through treatments before. Often given incorrect information or told "I don't know" with no attempt to get the answer...Procedure was ordered then blown off then I was charged for it....I felt like the nurses were not allowed to answer any questions as I was regularly told they would need to ask the doctor on very basic questions. I was given an injectable that hit a nerve in my back and was told it was unavoidable. They had issues drawing my blood.
How was your experience with Louis Manara at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
If you have not been through fertility treatments and don't know the processes and what to expect, be cautious. Ask questions. There are better places in the area. Consider that there is only one doctor in the entire practice with however many patients - that affects quality of care.
Not at all a personal experience. Very hands off, uninvolved and unconcerned. Very rushed appointments - doctor did not perform ultrasounds himself but met with you for 2 minutes after before he rushed off.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
What specific things went wrong at Louis R. Manara, D.O.?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Louis R. Manara, D.O..
Procedure was ordered then blown off then I was charged for it. Billing was a mess. Nurses often failed to give me proper medication instructions and I only knew to ask because I had been through treatments before. Often given incorrect information or told "I don't know" with no attempt to get the answer.
Louis Manara