Available by cell phone
214-297-0020
Plano
3000 Communications Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lowell Ku to a friend?

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas IVF to a friend?
Through genetic testing just before our procedure [with Dr. Ku], we found out...that my husband carries a gene called DNA translocation which is what was most likely causing our miscarriage without knowing he carried this...Dr. Ku has laid every step to our treatment plan out on the table...He made us feel supported, heard, and that our dream would become our reality in the future. He made himself available to our schedule, scheduled all the tests needed, and supported us on a surgery to repair my septate uterus.
They [nurses at Dallas IVF] are amazing! They make us feel welcome every time we are in. They make us feel like family and that we matter to them...Dr. Ku helped us to navigate looking at all our options for making this a doable option financially. We never felt pressured to do anything that would have taken us out of our means...Our clinic has been so helpful in answering our questions. Our only frustration has been with the billing. They are confusing and hard to follow what we have paid for and what we haven’t. We have never had a bad experience at the office or with any nurses or staff.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
My husband and I decided last summer we were ready to start trying for our family. We got our first positive test a month later. This excitement came to a very fast end when we had our first miscarriage. We hadn’t seen a doctor yet so we waited another month and tried again. Again, within a month we received another positive test! We were so excited! Then, at our first appointment, our doctor said things weren’t looking right. We had a baby but the baby was not meaning where it should have. Days before Christmas 2018, we were told we were having a missed miscarriage and would need to have a procedure to remove the baby. Our doctor she wouldn’t recommend us to a fertility doctor until after the third miscarriage. At this moment, I had a gut feeling that we needed to see someone further than just our OBGYN. I reached out to a doctor in Seattle that is our friends fertility doctor. Without hesitation, she recommended Dr. Ku. We quickly made our first appointment and were shocked to meet with him and feel so welcomed, normal, and supported. He has been there with us every step of the way through this process. We ended up having to hit the breaks a little because of cost to go through with IVF, but Dr. Ku understood and continues to make the time for us, our concerns, and questions. He has made us feel like we will be parents!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
I don’t have any advice other than continue to put patients first and help us understand every part of the process like he does.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
We were recommended to see Dr. Ku by a doctor in Seattle (where we recently moved from) after 2 miscarriages with little to know understanding for why. In the first appointment, Dr. Ku welcomes us and told us he would figure out why this was happening and help us to start our dream family. He made us feel supported, heard, and that our dream would become our reality in the future. He made himself available to our schedule, scheduled all the tests needed, and supported us on a surgery to repair my septate uterus. He has taken the time by phone and in consultation to help us understand it all. We have never felt like we were pressured to do anything or that we would never get to the end. I will, and have, recommended friends to Dr. Ku.
Describe the protocols Lowell Ku used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
We first found our through ultrasound that I had a septate uterus that was operable. We did that procedure in March. Through genetic testing just before our procedure, we found out that in addition to this, that my husband carries a gene called DNA translocation which is what was most likely causing our miscarriage without knowing he carried this. From this moment, Dr. Ku has laid every step to our treatment plan out on the table. We will do IVF with genetic testing so that our future children will not have to worry about this genetic disorder. We will also do our shots with ultrasounds before our egg retrieval. Dr. Ku has let us know that we will be able to use our eggs and sperm for our process. We are just waiting to be able to financially be able to make this a reality for our family. I have since changed jobs to help make this more of a reality for us.
They are amazing! They make us feel welcome every time we are in. They make us feel like family and that we matter to them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
The cost to our process was a shock to us. This process was not in our plan mentally, physically, or financially. Dr. Ku helped us to navigate looking at all our options for making this a doable option financially. We never felt pressured to do anything that would have taken us out of our means. Within the last 6 months, we made major changes to our household income so that I will have more flexibility and be able to take better care of myself when we do our cycles.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.

2014 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I like how Dr. Ku doesn’t sugar coat anything and makes all the statistics and information easy to understand and realistic. I appreciated the times he would sit down and write down notes that we could take home. I also appreciated the human side of him, this is one of his strengths. I also think he tries really hard to get you to a baby, he doesn’t seem to waste a lot of time to get you there...be prepared to hear a lot of numbers, statistics,& odds. He is really good at giving it to you straight.
[The nurses at Dallas IVF are] Compassionate, genuine,& concerned when things didn’t go as planned or with the expected outcome...Reasonably priced and very comparable to other clinics. Maybe even better priced...Great clinic, great location, staff are easy to communicate with. The clinic staff made me feel welcome. I do appreciate them taking time to clarify anything that I might have a question on. The staff do not hesitate to ask the doctor if they don’t know the answer and they are good at making sure that they are available to you, via phone or email throughout your time with them.
2014 - 2019
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
I like how Dr. Ku doesn’t sugar coat anything and makes all the statistics and information easy to understand and realistic. I appreciated the times he would sit down and write down notes that we could take home. I also appreciated the human side of him, this is one of his strengths. I also think he tries really hard to get you to a baby, he doesn’t seem to waste a lot of time to get you there...which is also another strength.
Go into your first consultation with him with your wish list, but be prepared to hear a lot of numbers, statistics,& odds. He is really good at giving it to you straight.
He has a warm bedside manner and tries to understand his patients on a personal level. He explains things well and at your level.
Our first cycle was met with OHSS. Dr.Ku prevented me from getting worse and gave my body time to recover from it before moving onto a transfer. Our first transfer ended in miscarriage. He gave us time to mentally recoup and physically recover from that. When the 2nd transfer time came around, he changed my protocol to one that is for patient with multiple losses. I appreciated his quick adjustment to what was happening (based upon my history and my own personal needs and desires)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Describe Lowell Ku's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
Dr.Ku has always been an advocate for single embryo transfers. He is always one to tell you about all the benefits of single embryo transfers and will inform you of the risks otherwise. But most of all he is there for his patients and their personal needs unique to them.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Ku is incredible. I'm not sure if I've ever come across a doctor who cares about his patients more - he has a huge heart, and takes time to explain EVERYTHING. You walk out of his office each and every time feeling totally comfortable and taken care of. He is ethical, moral and SMART. I'm a 'high-risk' case and he has made me feel 'at ease' every week!...Dr. Ku saw me every week due to a high-risk pregnancy (scar tissue in the uterus).
[Dallas IVF] Very clean, convenient no wait-times. Feels modern and up-to-date. Everything runs smoothly (check-in and check-out) are seamless. Billing is straight-forward. Just what you would want in a clinic. Appointments are available when needed. The doctor is accessible at all times....[nursing staff] Always incredibly friendly, warm and up-to-date on my specific case. No wait times - attentive and communicative ALWAYS.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
I honestly couldn't recommend anyone more. Please feel free to ask him any and all questions - he will give you a thorough response to each and every one.
Dr. Ku saw me every week due to a high-risk pregnancy (scar tissue in the uterus). He did weekly ultrasounds to monitor the baby in relation to the scar-tissue. It's very rare but he greeted me with warmth and positivity and most importantly, information, each and every visit.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Very clean, convenient no wait-times. Feels modern and up-to-date. Everything runs smoothly (check-in and check-out) are seamless. Billing is straight-forward. Just what you would want in a clinic. Appointments are available when needed. The doctor is accessible at all times. They are knowledgeable and well respected within the DFW community.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Very, very reasonable with my insurance. I had weekly ultrasounds and paid less than $100 per visit.
This wasn't relevant to my case.

2016 - 2019
Dr. Ku clearly reads over your chart and remembers the past visits you’ve had with him each time you come to his office. He understands the urgency of wanting to be pregnant while also reassuring you that he’s going to do everything he can to get you there even if it takes a little bit of time...With knowing our insurance doesn’t cover the costs of infertility he is open to doing clomid with H.I while waiting for our savings to catch up for IUI or IVF.
The clinic [Dallas IVF] is very welcoming, clean and bright. Not gloomy or cold and scary. When you come in there is a snack area with snacks and food with a mini refrigerator with water for patients during their normally short wait time. The nursing staff asks you to sign in and immediately let’s your doctor know you are there...[The nurses are] Very quiet but also interacted well with patience when needed. Very kind and organized.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
My experience as a patient with Dr. Ku is that I feel he takes what we are going through very seriously and is willing to help us in any way he can. With knowing our insurance doesn’t cover the costs of infertility he is open to doing clomid with H.I while waiting for our savings to catch up for IUI or IVF.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He is more than willing to answer them. If you want to try something that’s not a traditional treatment, if he can help with that he will.
From day one I was given a vaginal ultrasound, bloodwork, and we went over the results that same day. Dr. Ku saw no reason to rush things along and recommended we start with opk’s and H.I. A year later we came back and had more bloodwork done and another vaginal ultrasound. We also decided to have my husbands sperm tested and were unfortunately told he had low counts. We were then referred to a male fertility specialist to handle his low counts. He prescribed HCG to help boost his sperm count and production rate. After about 6 months we check his sperm count again and were relieved to find out his counts were now above normal. After finding that out we were advised to try H.I and see if that worked. About 6 months of not getting pregnant even after boosting his counts we decided it was time to go and talk about IUI. Knowing IUI is expensive, we wanted to see when we could get it scheduled. Which turns out isn’t a hassle or a wait time like we had anticipated. So when we went in to talk to Dr. Ku he was ready for it. Very supporting and understanding. When we told him we needed to wait just a couple more months to save the money he then prescribed clomid with H.I and said maybe this can work and if not it’s not expensive and we are still prepared for IUI. Now we wait to start the first round of clomid.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very welcoming, clean and bright. Not gloomy or cold and scary. When you come in there is a snack area with snacks and food with a mini refrigerator with water for patients during their normally short wait time. The nursing staff asks you to sign in and immediately let’s your doctor know you are there.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
This clinic [Dallas IVF- Frisco] is top-notch! From the moment of me calling to make an appointment to me leaving at my egg retrieval, everything was great! It is very clean and cute! The Decour is really trendy. They are like a well oiled machine. You are in an out and will not wait for more than 15 minutes for your appointment. I would suggest letting them know that you will be self-pay though. If you do not tell them you are paying out-of-pocket they will send it to your insurance which adds thousands of dollars!
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is amazing and very caring! He diagnosed me with polyps on my first appointment which delayed my IVF process but had me in surgery within a week to keep me on track. He is very thorough along with his staff. The sonographer Stacy is amazing and is key in your treatments! Between the two of them, it’s a stellar team! They both knew my name within just a few appointments! Dr. Ku gives you his cell number to text with questions which I did a few times. I messed up on my injections one night and text him to confirm what I had done would be ok. All he had to do was text back, but he called me to make sure I was ok...then proceeded to give me restaurant suggestions while I was in town. If you need someone with a caring bedside manner, this is him!! A frustration I had tho, was that I only saw him once during my 2 week work up to the retrieval. I felt like I was being cared for by nurses and the sonographer. I had to take comfort in the fact that they took my progress to him and he was making all of the decisions. Everything worked out perfectly tho! I have 2 embryos now and we’ve never gotten that far. Another frustrating aspect was that I had to jump through hoops to get my records to him and I don’t think he ever read them which made me nervous. He asked questions all of the time that I thought were odd bc he should have known them from my chart. Overall, God led me to Ku and I am forever thankful for that.
DOn’t hesitate to ask questions. He is very nice but sometimes tended to seem busy and in a hurry. He always spent the time with me I needed but I could tell he was trying to move on to the next patient. I’m sure it’s bc I was asking unnecessary questions and he didn’t want me to worry. He always kept me feeling positive and never wanted me to worry.
Due to my previous 2 stims rounds not producing great size follicles, he had me do a very different protocol. He had me on 350 follistem, 3:1 Menopur, and microdose Lupron with a handful of vitamins. My previous dr had me on follistem, omnitrope, testosterone, microdose Lupron, and 35 extra vitamins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Alexa)
The entire nursing staff was amazing! They would all look up and smile; some wood even come to hug me. The phlebotomist wasn’t great at getting blood out though. She was so sweet but always hurt and bruised me. My nurse was so sweet and caring. She would call almost every afternoon to check on me! The entire nursing team seems very knowledgeable including the front desk staff.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
This clinic is top-notch! From the moment of me calling to make an appointment to me leaving at my egg retrieval, everything was great! It is very clean and cute! The Decour is really trendy. They are like a well oiled machine. You are in an out and will not wait for more than 15 minutes for your appointment. I would suggest letting them know that you will be self-pay though. If you do not tell them you are paying out-of-pocket they will send it to your insurance which adds thousands of dollars!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
IVF with genetic testing is $11,200. However my meds were $7,000 and there is probably an additional $5,000 in appointment fees. I took a loan for $30,000 to be covered. Plus I paid $1500 in a 2-week stay at a hotel nearby.
He likes to do single embryo transfers, but he said he bends the rules for each patient. Since I’ve had a transfer where 2 didn’t stick he would consider putting 2 in again.

16 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Ku comes out to greet his patients in the waiting room and invite them back. He listened to all of my concerns before he started to really talk. He gave me his phone number and told me to call if there was anything I needed to know!...is a friendly, gentle person who cares. I came to him after I left another practice mid-treatment after several bad experiences. He did everything he could to make this work for me in the small time allotment I had and always made the time to check in on me. Even when I just came in for blood work, he made sure to come and see me and ask how things were.
We were going [to Dallas IVF] for egg freezing, so we used Gonal, Menapur, Cetrotie, and then Lupro...After my retrieval she [the nurse] made sure to sit with me for a while just to chat and see how I was doing. I left another practice because of the staff, and when I got to this practice, I saw what I was missing...This place can get busy! I love how everything is in house, even the surgical center. It is clean, well lit, and organized. Just know that at times it can be bursting with patients. Sometimes I had to wait about 20 minutes past my appointment time, but almost always they run on time.
16 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is a friendly, gentle person who cares. I came to him after I left another practice mid-treatment after several bad experiences. He did everything he could to make this work for me in the small time allotment I had and always made the time to check in on me. Even when I just came in for blood work, he made sure to come and see me and ask how things were.
Don't expect a stereotypical doctor who bosses you around. If you respond well to bossy, authoritative people who tell you what to do, Dr. Ku is not for you. He makes you part of the process.
We were going for egg freezing, so we used Gonal, Menapur, Cetrotie, and then Lupro. He adjusted the meds as we went along and wasn't afraid to lower doses. Bloodwork and sonograms about every other day
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary and Shelly)
The team here was fantastic. The nurses, Mary and Shelly, were so patient with me, answered all my questions and then some. Just as good was the sonographer. Staci does all the sonograms, not the doctors. It is the first time that I didn't feel like someone was skewering me. She was gentle and exactly right on her egg counts. This makes a huge difference since I was getting sonograms about every other day. Even the financial coordinator was great, Tonya. She has energy and a smile. After my retrieval she made sure to sit with me for a while just to chat and see how I was doing. I left another practice because of the staff, and when I got to this practice, I saw what I was missing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
His costs for the retrieval, plus surgical center, plus anesthesia came out to about 7000. Then bloodwork/sono appointments (without any insurance) were 295 each. Multiply that by about 6 of those types, add it to the top number, it is about 8770. There were some other charges and meds were about 5000
+ Read more- Read less

Be prepared to be given a lot of information very quickly [by Dr. Ku]...He was nice but always spoke quickly and always seemed rushed. My husband and I did not feel he was very personable...My protocol began with calling the office the first day of my period. On cycle day 5 I began taking 50 mg Clomidiphene Citrate orally each day until cycle day 9. During these few days, I experienced headaches and some nausea. On cycle day 11, I had an internal sonogram and blood work drawn to see how I responded to the Clomidiphene. I was responding but not ready to move to the next step. I was prescribed Estradiol which I took 2mg for two days. On cycle day 13 I had another sonogram and more blood work. Everything looked good and ready to move forward. I was injected with 250mcg of Ovidrel in the abdomen. I experienced nausea, bloating and headaches the remainder of the day after the injection. On cycle day 14, my husband and I went into the office and where Dr. Ku performed our first IUI.
The nursing staff at Dr. Ku's [Dallas IVF] office were great. They were always friendly and informative. They responded to my emails and calls in a timely manner...There was one incidence where I was not contacted about the results of a blood test. The results showed up on my patient portal but I was not contacted about what the results meant. I called the office and had to wait until the following day to get a call back. Usually the office called right away and explained test results to me.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He was nice but always spoke quickly and always seemed rushed. My husband and I did not feel he was very personable. It is important to me to feel like my provider is genuinely interested in my issues and concerns and not to feel like just another patient being pushed through the business.
Be prepared to be given a lot of information very quickly.
When meeting with Dr. Ku everything seemed rushed.
The nursing staff at Dr. Ku's office were great. They were always friendly and informative. They responded to my emails and calls in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic had a great staff. All of the equipment seemed up-to-date and efficient. One weakness we found was that even with our scheduled appointment, which we always arrived on time to, we would sometimes have to wait an hour to be called back into the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Consultation: $200 Initial Sonogram: $200 Hysteroscopy: $500 Blood Work: $188 Semen Analysis: $100 Genetic Screening: $250 AMH Test Labs Fee: $75 Clomid Prescription: $20.69 Ovidrel Injection: $159.99 Sonogram & Estrogen test Weekend Fees: $325 Estradiol Prescription: $18.39 Sonogram & Estrogen Test: $295 Sperm Preparation: $300 IUI Procedure: $250 Progestrone Test: $112 hCG Beta: $112 Sonogram: $225 Estrogen Test: $95 Medication Instruction from Nurse: $40 Travel Costs: $259.49
+ Read more- Read less

Strengths: Dr. Ku is very knowledgeable and positive. He will always be your cheerleader, even on your darkest day. He provides his cell phone number for after hours contact and is very responsive to texts. He goes through every step of the process (including his little "drawings")....Weaknesses: His methods seem aggressive at times. If one method failed, it seemed like he jumped to a more extreme method rather quickly. Sometimes his "sad" voice was a little too much which made the bad news harder.
Strengths: They [Dallas IVF] definitely have the routine down. I rarely waited too long beyond my scheduled time. Weaknesses: Some of their services cost more than other places. It's hard to get billing information. They aren't withholding but it was hard to just get a print out of all expenses paid to date, organized by procedure so we could see how much we were spending per "round" of treatment. Might be a software thing.... IUIs were about $1,500 each.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Strengths: Dr. Ku is very knowledgeable and positive. He will always be your cheerleader, even on your darkest day. He provides his cell phone number for after hours contact and is very responsive to texts. He goes through every step of the process (including his little "drawings"). He and his wife went through fertility treatments as well (and were eventually successful) so he really does understand the struggle. Weaknesses: His methods seem aggressive at times. If one method failed, it seemed like he jumped to a more extreme method rather quickly. Sometimes his "sad" voice was a little too much which made the bad news harder.
Clearly line out what you are expecting and ask any questions. He is very open to adjusting treatment if you have a preference.
Most of the time, the staff and Dr. Ku were very friendly. I never felt rushed and everyone always seemed readily available to answer any questions I may have had.
3 IUIs - Follistem and some other medication. Trigger shot. First round, I was very responsive to all of the meds. Almost too responsive but we were able to proceed. Second and third time I wasn't as responsive but we still proceeded. I don't recall what adjustments, if any, were made. 1 IVF - Follistem, Menipor, some other stuff. Retrieved 20 eggs, 13 fertilized, 6? 8? made it to day 3. All arrested on day 3 resulting in 0 embryos for transfer. 4 preps for FET but only made it to FET twice. 2 Frozen Transfers using adopted embryos (more cost effective. We didn't want pay for another round given that they were unable to tell us where the issue was with our own embryos) - Lupron, birth control (had some cysts). My process took two months instead of the one month process because he wanted to do a full month of "shutting my ovaries down" because I appeared to still ovulate using regular protocol. That one time may have been a fluke because the last two times, I asked to do the one month and had no issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary Boggs)
I loved speaking with Mary and the sonographer. They both gave off a genuine vibe. Many of the other staff are nice enough but their bed side manner is a little lacking. Conversations/interactions with them felt robotic.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Strengths: They definitely have the routine down. I rarely waited too long beyond my scheduled time. Weaknesses: Some of their services cost more than other places. It's hard to get billing information. They aren't withholding but it was hard to just get a print out of all expenses paid to date, organized by procedure so we could see how much we were spending per "round" of treatment. Might be a software thing. Tip: Make sure you know EVERY potential cost before agreeing to a procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
IUIs were about $1,500 each. Can't recall if that included the meds. IVF grand total was around $20,000. That included $5,000 in meds, about $2,000 for genetic testing, and about $1,000? $2,000? for ICSI. Embryo adoption is about $4,000. FET is about $3 or 4,000.
Depended on quality of embryos but the fewer the better when possible.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
I always felt like a human when being treated by Dr. Ku...His strengths are that he cares about you and the outcomes of your treatment. He wants you to get pregnant and have a baby almost as much as you do! I did not find him to have any weaknesses. He is the perfect doctor for me and anyone who wants to be heard and active in their treatment plans...I used clomid at first, that was my choice due to finances. Dr. Ku expressed his disbelief that this would be effective based on our test results but, it's all I could at the time. When that didn't work for about 8 months, we were ready to try IUI. Dr. Ku again stated that due to my quickly rising FSH and extremely low AMH levels, this was not likely to work.
They [Dallas IVF] are great from the waiting room through billing. I only ever had one issue with billing and Dr. Ku handled it very well. They had sent my labs to the wrong lab for my insurance and the claims were denied. Because it was their error after I had given them the correct lab name, they ate the costs...I only really talked to them [nurses] on the phone and they were always pleasant...Dispite Dr. Ku staying that IUI was not likely to work with only one follicle, we proceeded at my request. Another negative test. We took a break and went to oral meds again but took the other one, not clomid. I stayed on that for a few months without a pregnancy until O stopped. We need donor eggs and we can tr afford that right now. Nursing Staff
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Bring your notes, no one knows your body like you do. The more information you bring, the better he will be able to start the right treatment first.
I always felt like a human when being treated by Dr. Ku. He is an amazing doctor who has gone through treatment himself with his wife. He understands how hard this is and convays that in his behavior.
I used clomid at first, that was my choice due to finances. Dr. Ku expressed his disbelief that this would be effective based on our test results but, it's all I could at the time. When that didn't work for about 8 months, we were ready to try IUI. Dr. Ku again stated that due to my quickly rising FSH and extremely low AMH levels, this was not likely to work. It was all I could financially so we proceeded with the strongest protocol I could afford. I used Follistim and got 1 mature follicle. We switch to an at home cycle since we were not likely to benefit from IUI that cycle and got a negative pregnancy test. We tried again the next month with Follistim and upped the doses, again one mature follicle. Dispite Dr. Ku staying that IUI was not likely to work with only one follicle, we proceeded at my request. Another negative test. We took a break and went to oral meds again but took the other one, not clomid. I stayed on that for a few months without a pregnancy until O stopped. We need donor eggs and we can tr afford that right now.
I only really talked to them on the phone and they were always pleasant.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
They are great from the waiting room through billing. I only ever had one issue with billing and Dr. Ku handled it very well. They had sent my labs to the wrong lab for my insurance and the claims were denied. Because it was their error after I had given them the correct lab name, they ate the costs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
I had copays for ultrasounds and office visits, my deductible applied to my lab work and I paid out of pocket for injections and procedures.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Ku is extremely compassionate in what he does....he still makes the time to contact his patients and see how they are doing with receiving bad news....Dr. Ku goes over every factor in detail and explains every step. He wants us to ask questions so that he addresses our concerns we have. He does not speak in medical terms that we would not be able to understand...Dr/ Ku is very patient in answering every question, no matter how insignificant it may mean.
The clinic [Dallas IVF ] is warm, not cold in a sense that you feel uncomfortable when waiting to be roomed. The front office are warm and welcoming. The back office nurses are always helpful and kid when working with the patient. Always received calls asap when getting lab work done. The clinic does not hassle you from a financial point of view. They are very considerate and work with you when it comes to the financial part of it. I can not think of any weaknesses the clinic has.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Meeting Dr. Ku for an initial consult was a very great experience. When waiting in front lobby area. Dr. Ku is the one who gets you to his office, not the MA's. That in itself is very personable. Dr. Ku goes over every factor in detail and explains every step. He wants us to ask questions so that he addresses our concerns we have. He does not speak in medical terms that we would not be able to understand. When both of my IUI cycles came back to be unsuccessful, I would receive a call from him personally to voice his sadness with us. Each time he would ask if there was anything he could do to help me grieve the loss.
That they do not need to hesitate in asking many questions. Dr/ Ku is very patient in answering every question, no matter how insignificant it may mean.
Dr. Ku is extremely compassionate in what he does. He explained that him and his wife also struggled with infertility and have had kids through IVF. When receiving negative results from the nurse, he still makes the time to contact his patients and see how they are doing with receiving bad news.
I was taking a mix of Clomid and Letrozole along with low doses of Follistim injections. The reson I was put on this cocktail of meds was due to my PCOS. I have a very large number of eggs to each ovary and Dr. Ku did not want to cause OHSS if taking too may injections. At each visit, he would adjust med/injection intake to make sure treatment did not cause OHSS.
All of the nurses were very kind and helpful. They always explained things as they worked. They were patient in answering all of the questions I had.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is warm, not cold in a sense that you feel uncomfortable when waiting to be roomed. The front office are warm and welcoming. The back office nurses are always helpful and kid when working with the patient. Always received calls asap when getting lab work done. The clinic does not hassle you from a financial point of view. They are very considerate and work with you when it comes to the financial part of it. I can not think of any weaknesses the clinic has.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
My insurance did not cover anything fertility related. For each IUI cycle, including ultrasounds and lab work, I paid roughly around $1k each time. This is not including the medications.
Have not done IVF with Dr. Ku as of yet due to financial reasons.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Ku is very sensitive with my feelings. He was very compassionate...He always make sure that I am comfortable with all the decisions with my treatment...He knows the financial burden and how stressful dealing with infertility....Dr ku suggested we do IVF so we can choose the quality of the embryo...He was always honest and very supportive with all our decisions. He is very soft-spoken and he will explain everything clearly. He never rush our meetings.
Everybody is nice and knowledgeable in that clinic [Dallas IVF]....If they cannot reach me by phone since my phone is always in silent if I’m working they would reach out to me by email... I felt like I have a team who got my back in that clinic. They are always pleasant everytime I come for my appt. The cashier and the person who does the appointment scheduling is very accommodating...My primary nurse Mary is very good in explaining all the details of my treatment with me.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku is the perfect Reproductive Endocrinologist for me. He fully understands all the emotions you are going through since he experienced infertility himself. He knows the financial burden and how stressful dealing with infertility. He made our journey more bearable for us. He was always honest and very supportive with all our decisions. He is very soft-spoken and he will explain everything clearly. He never rush our meetings.
You will never regret choosing Dr Ku as your Reproductive Endocrinologist.
Dr Ku is very sensitive with my feelings. He was very compassionate. He knows that that we drive 6hrs total (back and forth) just to see him. He did make sure that he saw me even though I was late with my appointment. He always make sure that I am comfortable with all the decisions with my treatment.
We did the Follistism and Clomid combination. Since I can get pregnant but had miscarriage 3x we opted for IUI. First IUI was negative probably due to just having 1 egg and small amount of sperm on our 1st cycle. 2nd IUI we got pregnant but miscarriage at 8wks. Probably due to genetics/chromosomal. So Dr ku suggested we do IVF so we can choose the quality of the embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
My primary nurse Mary is very good in explaining all the details of my treatment with me. She would email me all my lab request if I cannot make it to their clinic and just have it done closer to my residence. My Sono nurse is so knowledgeable. She is always honest with me. She would explain everything that she was seeing in the Sono. She cheered with me when I had good numbers of follicles and felt sad when we did not find any fetal heart beat. I felt like I have a team who got my back in that clinic. They are always pleasant everytime I come for my appt. The cashier and the person who does the appointment scheduling is very accommodating.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Everybody is nice and knowledgeable in that clinic. They ff-up all the time. If they cannot reach me by phone since my phone is always in silent if I’m working they would reach out to me by email. I don’t see any weaknesses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
As with any other Fertility Clinic it’s expensive and my insurance will only cover for lab tests. It is financially draining. But they do offer some financing.
We have not talk about embryo transfer since we only did IUI.

1 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Lowell Ku] was very responsive...He got me started fast and explained everything I needed to know. He explained my fertility issues in a very easy-to-understand way and also all the statistics around each type of treatment for my type of infertility. That was very helpful...he suggested IVF since I was getting older and my egg quality was always bad. He explained why he was using the drugs and the doses that he did because he wanted to get as many eggs as possible expecting that only a few would be useful.
We got 34 eggs [at Dallas IVF] and by day 5 there were 2 eggs to freeze and we decided to freeze them together because they were A/B and B/B quality and due to my age we knew we’d be transferring them both at the same time...The nurses were very helpful in coordinating all the needed medical testing and procedures needed...My only issue was that because I was traveling from out of state to do the transfer without my husband that I needed a notarized release from him that wasn’t communicated but we were able to get it handled with no problems. And, that’s such a rare thing to come for a transfer from far away that I am sure it doesn’t happen often. If you’re local it wouldn’t ever be an issue
1 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He was very responsive and didn’t suggest tons of rounds of ineffective IUI knowing my fertility background. He got me started fast and explained everything I needed to know. He explained my fertility issues in a very easy-to-understand way and also all the statistics around each type of treatment for my type of infertility. That was very helpful.
Be ready to get started.
The time I needed was taken with him every treatment. His bedside manner is attentive and reassuring.
He suggested 1 found if IUI which fight succeed. Then he suggested IVF since I was getting older and my egg quality was always bad. He explained why he was using the drugs and the doses that he did because he wanted to get as many eggs as possible expecting that only a few would be useful. He also suggested ICSI to get as high as possible if getting viable embryos. We got 34 eggs and by day 5 there were 2 eggs to freeze and we decided to freeze them together because they were A/B and B/B quality and due to my age we knew we’d be transferring them both at the same time. I took 6 months off to reset my hormones after the retrieval and got pregnant naturally (after 7 years of trying). So we left the embryos frozen for 3 years and 4 months and then had them transferred when that child was about 2 years old. We transferred both embryos together and 1 resulted in a viable pregnancy. Now our baby is 6 months old and doing great!
They were nice and helpful. My experience was a bit abnormal as I moved from DFW to Utah before my transfer so I decided to fly back to Dallas for the transfer with Dr. Ku. The nurses were very helpful in coordinating all the needed medical testing and procedures needed before I got to Dallas. I arrived prepared.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
It’s a great clinic. They were always helpful and attentive. My only issue was that because I was traveling from out of state to do the transfer without my husband that I needed a notarized release from him that wasn’t communicated but we were able to get it handled with no problems. And, that’s such a rare thing to come for a transfer from far away that I am sure it doesn’t happen often. If you’re local it wouldn’t ever be an issue
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
We paid out of pocket for everything except a few tests and medications.

Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Ku is hands down the most amazing doctor I have ever had in my life. His bedside manner is unmatched and I feel like I am his ONLY patient when I am with him. His attention to detail and ability to explain procedures and next steps is phenomenal.... We tried a number of different combinations, specifically to avoid another miscarriage as I am a recurrent loss patient. What is working for us so far is Follistim injections paired with Letrozole for 7-10 days, Ovidrel trigger shot, IUI. Two days following IUI I begin a Lovenox i jections, Prednisone (steroid), and Progesterone in oil injections.
The only weakness I can think of is that sometimes the wait is a little longer than expected but the clinic [Dallas IVF] makes up for it ten fold with their bedside manner! From the moment you are greeted to the moment you check out, you feel encouraged, supported and cared for.... They answered all questions with kindness and patience.... Dr. Ku is hands down the most amazing doctor I have ever had in my life. His bedside manner is unmatched and I feel like I am his ONLY patient when I am with him.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is the only doctor that has ever given my husband and I a sense of hope. Even in the midst of our miscarriages he was patient but encouraging us to not give up. He changed the course of action to one that was exactly what we needed and we will never be able to thank him enough. He is literally a God send.
Be prepared to leave every single appointment feeling like his one and only patient. You will feel listened to, dignified, informed and respected.
We tried a number of different combinations, specifically to avoid another miscarriage as I am a recurrent loss patient. What is working for us so far is Follistim injections paired with Letrozole for 7-10 days, Ovidrel trigger shot, IUI. Two days following IUI I begin a Lovenox i jections, Prednisone (steroid), and Progesterone in oil injections. I also take a prenatal, Baby aspirin and pure Folate.
Phenomenal! They answered all questions with kindness and patience.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The only weakness I can think of is that sometimes the wait is a little longer than expected but the clinic makes up for it ten fold with their bedside manner! From the moment you are greeted to the moment you check out, you feel encouraged, supported and cared for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Because we did so many medicated IUI’s with injectables and extensive genetic testing on both myself and my husband, we have spent about $40k.
+ Read more- Read less

the hyper stimulation of the ovaries caused some major bloat....like 6 months pregnant bloat. Egg retrieval was quick and we retrieved 22 eggs in total, 10 fertilized via ICSI, 6 turned into viable embryos, and 4 passed pgs testing [protocol with Dr. Lowell Ku]...recommends single embryo transfers if possible as twins often lead to high risk pregnancies. But different factors could change decision based on quality and number of embryos... has such a great attitude. From our first meeting it really felt that he was genuinely excited for our journey. He was very optimistic, but definitely set expectations. His attitude was infectious and we were always happy to see Dr. Ku.
The nursing staff[at Dallas IVF] was great. They provided a lot of hands on education for administering the shots, and explained our numbers throughout the process...Sonograms $1,380.00 Retrieval $12,900.00 Anesthesia $525.00 Gen Testing $1,350.00 ICSI $2,700.00 Transfer $3,700.00 Drugs $5,000.00...They are very organized, prompt, clean and friendly. The Surgical side was also very well ran and organized. We felt in very good hands. From the medical staff to the billing department, we don't have any negatives to list.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku was overall extremely helpful in educating us throughout the process as well as keeping up a great attitude during a very stressful time for us. Not only that, but he gave us his personal cell phone number to text or call him for any questions that popped up. We aren't people who like to bug people off the clock, but we did text him a couple times and he responded right away and took care of us. He was all you can ask for in an IVF doctor.
Just Trust in Dr. Ku and feed off his energy. He knows what you are going through since he went through IVF for both of his children.
Dr Ku has such a great attitude. From our first meeting it really felt that he was genuinely excited for our journey. He was very optimistic, but definitely set expectations. His attitude was infectious and we were always happy to see Dr. Ku.
We started 10 days of birth control shortly after the begging of the cycle. A couple sonograms were performed after bleeding subsided in order to check the overlies. Once cleared, we started hormone injections (gonodotrphin). Several more sonograms were performed to check follicle/egg growth. Then a trigger shot was injected leading up to retrieval day. Note, the hyper stimulation of the ovaries caused some major bloat....like 6 months pregnant bloat. Egg retrieval was quick and we retrieved 22 eggs in total, 10 fertilized via ICSI, 6 turned into viable embryos, and 4 passed pgs testing.
The nursing staff was great. They provided a lot of hands on education for administering the shots, and explained our numbers throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Overall Frisco IVF was awesome. They are very organized, prompt, clean and friendly. The Surgical side was also very well ran and organized. We felt in very good hands. From the medical staff to the billing department, we don't have any negatives to list.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Dr. Ku recommends single embryo transfers if possible as twins often lead to high risk pregnancies. But different factors could change decision based on quality and number of embryos
+ Read more- Read less

I have been in and out of a lot of offices in the last 8 years and I would say that Dr Ku's office [Dallas IVF- Frisco] ticks all the important boxes. Treating patients like individual with unique concerns, operating an efficient office with the patient in mind like scheduling varying tests and procedures consecutively the same day and always making next steps clear. Having the patient be an active participant in their treatment plan
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
I feel Dr Ku is very knowledgeable in his field and understands the pros and cons of each treatment or protocol. Dr Ku explains procedures through a mixture of verbal, hand drawn pictures, and written documentation to reinforce the information to the patient. He listens to your concerns and repeats them back to the you to confirm patient and doctor are on the same page. Most importantly I feel what Dr Ku brings to the table that other doctors in the field don't, is patient peace of mind. He listens to his patients and then uses all his tools in his medical tool box to meet those patients needs. Too often for women experiencing infertility, it is the other way around. We are told from doctors that there is only one path and to just adhere to his path and we will be successful. I feel Dr Ku's success comes from the level of confidence and peace of mind that he brings his patients. A happy relaxed patient has better outcomes.
I would say lay out all your concerns and thoughts out for Dr Ku, he is excellent and interpreting and extrapolating and then turning that into a plan of action. He is also great at working with budgets so don't be afraid to mention that cost is a concern and he will explain the different paths and cost and let you make the decision.
In our initial consultation he repeated my concerns back to me and then said how we would address them. Dr Ku even typed it up in front of me and printed it to take home with us as a reference of what we discussed and the plan. He also asked us about timing of transfer that would make it best case scenario with our schedules. Since I would have to have a cerclage and bed rest with my next pregnancy Dr Ku wanted to make sure we would be able to travel for the holidays in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy before bed rest. My husband even stated that in 8 years of trying he has never seen a doctor that repeated our concerns back to us and that was so deliberate and thoughtful in the planning. Dr Ku also explains the challenges and likelihood of success, I felt it prepared us for failures. Other doctors in our past have made wild claims of promising a baby and then failed to even get me pregnant. Dr Ku has a very warm bedside manner which isn't as important to me as some other of his qualities, but when you are weary from trying and all the procedures and hormones it is nice to have a soft tone and positive attitude coming from your doctor.
Still in progress.
The nursing staff was segmented but I felt I always knew who I went to for protocol, procedures, sonos, bloodwork and scheduling. They are also good about handing off to the next step person. While in office I was escorted between lab, sono, procedure room, and consult room. The nurses were friendly and great about explaining what they were doing, why, and the next step.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I have been in and out of a lot of offices in the last 8 years and I would say that Dr Ku's office ticks all the important boxes. Treating patients like individual with unique concerns, operating an efficient office with the patient in mind like scheduling varying tests and procedures consecutively the same day and always making next steps clear. Having the patient be an active participant in their treatment plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Still ongoing but costs for a transfer were given up front at 3700 to 4300. That is not including the HSC and Hysteroscopy which our insurance mostly covered so it was only about 500 out of pocket with office visits and prescriptions.
Unfortunately our insurance dictated the eSET protocol, so we did not have an option to discuss.

2013 - 2017
We started my IVF cycle [with Dr. Lowell Ku] with birth control for 10 days then added Lupron. Then he added Menopur and Follistim. We actually triggered 2 days early because I responded so well. We retrieved 38 eggs, 35 were mature, 25 fertilized, and we ended with 12 embryos. We did a fresh transfer of 1 AA embryo that resulted in our daughter born in July 2014. We did a frozen transfer of 1 embryo in June of 201 which resulted in our son born in March 2016.
The clinic [Dallas IVF] isn't the best about calling back, answer the nursing line, etc, but I didn't care because Dr. Ku is amazing and he is worth all of it. If I ever didn't get the answer I was looking for I was able to text/call Dr. Ku and I always got the answer I needed.... I went in for blood work one time and some how my blood sample never made it to the lab. I had to go in again for another blood test. Not a big deal in the end.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
I cannot say enough amazing things about Dr. Ku. He is the most caring doctor I have ever met. Knowledgeable, trustworthy, warm, and truly loves his patients. He does everything he can to get the outcome wanted.
If bedside manner is important to you, Dr. Ku is your doctor. Not only does he have good bedside manner, but his knowledge of infertility is amazing! He has gone through IVF himself with his wife to have their children so he gets what we were going through on the emotional side of it too.
His bedside manner was amazing. He made sure I understood what was going on and was always available to talk if I needed any explanation. He even gave me his cell number to text or call if I ever needed him. Even after having 3 children and not in treatment right now he texted me when our third was born to congratulate us. Such an amazing man that loves his patients!
We started my IVF cycle with birth control for 10 days then added Lupron. Then he added Menopur and Follistim. We actually triggered 2 days early because I responded so well. We retrieved 38 eggs, 35 were mature, 25 fertilized, and we ended with 12 embryos. We did a fresh transfer of 1 AA embryo that resulted in our daughter born in July 2014. We did a frozen transfer of 1 embryo in June of 201 which resulted in our son born in March 2016.
With my first transfer in 2014 I loved the nursing staff. Joan (who is no longer there) was amazing. She was with me through the entire transfer. She always was the one that called with news and I loved that I had her through the process. With my son's transfer in 2016 the staff had changed and wasn't as good. I didn't have that connection with 1 nurse like before and most of the time when I called the nurses line I couldn't get anyone to answer. I would ask questions about things that Dr. Ku and I talked about and they either weren't sure or their answer was opposite of what Dr. Ku and I talked out.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dr. Ku is worth it. No matter what I encountered. The clinic isn't the best about calling back, answer the nursing line, etc, but I didn't care because Dr. Ku is amazing and he is worth all of it. If I ever didn't get the answer I was looking for I was able to text/call Dr. Ku and I always got the answer I needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
We paid around $16,000 for our IVF/ICSI fresh transfer in 2014 and $3200 for a frozen transfer in 2016.
When deciding for our first transfer he recommended 1 embryo due to the fact that it was an AA embryo. I was very nervous because I wanted to highest chance of a baby. He was confident it would take and he promised if it didn't we would do 2 embryos the next transfer. He said their mission was to get me pregnant, stay pregnant, and bring a baby home. Not just to get me pregnant by any means necessary even if that meant multiples. The transfer worked and I had my daughter in July 2014.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I could not have had a better experience as a patient with Dr Ku. I didn't achieve pregnancy but, he told me that what we were trying was not likely to work and that I should move on to donor eggs. I didn't want to and respected my decision though, after two failed injectable IUIs he said that he could no longer take my money for treatment that wasn't going to get me pregnant. I respected his candidness...He said I needed IVF for high FSH and very low AMH (17 and less than 0.01).
I think that they [Dallas IVF] are a great clinic...I have not run into any weaknesses thus far.... Their costs were higher than I would pay elsewhere but I also felt like the level of care exceeded my expectations....[nursing staff] Always kind and caring. I didn't have much interaction with them though...I think that new patients would be in good hands at Dallas IVF....He [Dr. Ku] is a very kind, caring doctor. He lets you participate in your treatment options and talks to you like a best friend. When he has bad news to give you, you can hear that he is genuinely sad to tell it to you.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Just go to him, you won't regret it. I've recommend him to many people.
He is a very kind, caring doctor. He lets you participate in your treatment options and talks to you like a best friend. When he has bad news to give you, you can hear that he is genuinely sad to tell it to you. He really walks right beside you before, during and after treatment.
I started with Clomid cycles, my choice. He said I needed IVF for high FSH and very low AMH (17 and less than 0.01). After a few months of nothing happening, I did my first IUI with Clomid. I made one follicle and Dr. Ku cancelled the cycle as it was unlikely to result in a pregnancy. I did a second IUI with injectable medication and again made one follicle, I chose to proceed with the IUI. Again, nothing. I took some time off and did a few Femera cycles with no results. I decided to move on to donor eggs but have not moved forward on that. Then my husband and I decided to move child-less, for now.
Always kind and caring. I didn't have much interaction with them though.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I think that they are a great clinic and I recommend them to everyone I meet who might have trouble conceiving. I have not run into any weaknesses thus far. I think that new patients would be in good hands at Dallas IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
I felt like I was going to one if the top rated Dr.s and I paid a price for that. Their costs were higher than I would pay elsewhere but I also felt like the level of care exceeded my expectations.
I believe that he prefers single embryo transfers but is open to double.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Ku filled me with confidence at our first initial meeting stating “I run this ship”, reporting that we would be seeing him often and he would be in charge of our treatment plans.... He also gave me his personal phone number in case there was anything I needed. I was disappointed after our IVF cycle resulted in zero normal embryos and he did not give me a sympathy phone call after we had gone through such a devastating and expensive cycle.
The clinic [Dallas IVF] is very clean and nice. There are snacks and water in the waiting room. The most I had to ever wait past a scheduled appointment time was 30-45 minutes. The office staff is nice as well and easy to communicate with.... The nursing staff were compassionate and informative on any changes in the plan of care. They were kind and helpful on the phone as well.... I believe the sonograms were $225 each (~10-12 total), IUI procedure $350,
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku filled me with confidence at our first initial meeting stating “I run this ship”, reporting that we would be seeing him often and he would be in charge of our treatment plans. He also confirmed that he would be drawing my blood often, which was lacking at the other clinic where I was a patient. He also gave me his personal phone number in case there was anything I needed. I was disappointed after our IVF cycle resulted in zero normal embryos and he did not give me a sympathy phone call after we had gone through such a devastating and expensive cycle.
Have any and all questions you want answered at your initial consultation and he will provide you with all the information needed.
His plans of care are very personalized and the monitoring is top notch. He shows true compassion for your well-being.
Our first IUI with Dr. Ku we did Follistim. His nurses performed vaginal US every other day to monitor response to meds. His lab also checked my blood to make sure they did not miss my ovulation window. The IUI resulted in an early miscarriage. This was our 5th failed IUI so we decided to use the money we had saved for an IVF cycle. He prescribed Follistim, Menopur and then the drug to prevent ovulation. We had injections nightly at 8pm for 13 days, with vaginal US every other day as well. Follistim was increased mid-cycle to increase egg count/size. Retrieval day we got 11 eggs, 7 of which fertilized and 1 that made it to freeze. This embryo was graded excellent, and then came back abnormal after PGS testing. Therefore we ended up with zero embryos after all the time, money, stress and heartache.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very clean and nice. There are snacks and water in the waiting room. The most I had to ever wait past a scheduled appointment time was 30-45 minutes. The office staff is nice as well and easy to communicate with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
I believe the sonograms were $225 each (~10-12 total), IUI procedure $350, Egg retrieval $11,000, IUI medication $1,000, IVF medication $6,500, PGS testing $750, Donor sperm (2 vials- 1 IUI, 1 IVF) $2000
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Ku has good bedside manner, answers all questions and shows compassion. He did all my IUI's but I did not get to meet with him after the first failed IUI with clomid, which I wish he had. I only got to speak to his nurse, which wasn't very helpful. My second IUI, I tried the same thing (clomid) and it failed again. However, he met with me briefly before my third try to discuss changing to injectibles. His manner is very sweet and he tries to answer all your questions as best as he can. I got pregnant on my third try but it ended in a miscarriage. One thing I wish he had done now, was I wish he had done more diagnostic tests to cover all bases before starting treatment. He did a HSG and hysteroscopy but I wish I had insisted on checking my thyroid levels again and other hormones.
I worked with a few nurses during my treatment [at Dallas IVF-Frisco]. Most of them were okay, there was one nurse Mary, who was very cheerful and nice.... Long wait for sonogram.. we sometimes waited more than an hour for sonograms. The receptionist was okay, sometimes hard to get someone on the phone. The billing dept gave confusing answers as to why they were charging my insurance and my credit card for the same procedure.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Always ask all questions you can think of.
Me=34/35 Husband=34 Natural pregnancy w/o trying but ended in mmc at 9 weeks No known medical issues Irregular period (avg. 35 days; about 10 cylces/yr) 1) Before treatment: baseline sonogram at day 16 = 29 immature follicles; AMH = 5.62; Sperm analysis = normal; HSG = normal; HSC=normal; Diagnosed with mild PCOS 2)IUI#1: clomid 50mg x 5 days; 2 mature follicles; E2=800's; Uterine lining= 5mm; trigger with ovidrel; IUI 36 hrs later; P4 supp; Negative beta 3)IUI#2: clomid 50mg x 5 days; 1 mature follicle; E2=400's; Uterine lining= 5mm; trigger with ovidrel; IUI 24hrs later; P4 supp; Negative beta 4)IUI#3: follistim x 7 days (100IU-75IU); 1-2 mature follicle; E2=900's; Uterine lining=10mm; trigger with ovidrel; IUI 36hrs later; P4 supp; Beta 15dpiui=560; Beta 17dpiui=982; Sonogram at 7 and 8.5 weeks = fetus measuring 6wks no hb.
I worked with a few nurses during my treatment. Most of them were okay, there was one nurse Mary, who was very cheerful and nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
My insurance paid for my IUIs and tests. I had to pay about 90 dollars for prog. suppositories and drugs cost about 300 for injectibles. Sperm washing was 300 dollars
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Ku] laid out 5 progressively more aggressive treatment options and the odds of conception with each. 1. Letrozole, Trigger Shot, TI 2. Same but with IUI 3. Letrozole, 3 days stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 4. 7 days of stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 5. IVF... He is very personable and warm. He also has a very positive outlook while still being realistic. He answers every question my husband and I asked. Has a good reputation for getting good results. Only wish I had taken better notes in my initial consultation because I had some confusion once treatment was underway
[Dallas IVF] Weakness = communication & bloodwork staff; Strengths = ...the online portal, being able to email Mary and Stacia (Dr. Ku's Nurses), reputation, front office staff knowledge on insurance and payment options...The bloodwork portion of the clinic is less than friendly. The man taking blood on Saturday was awful. ... I also wish the clinic would call with results rather than me googling 'normal range for....' everytime a result posted online. I was confused with the treatment Dr. Ku laid out and what my treatment actually became.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He is very personable and warm. He also has a very positive outlook while still being realistic. He answers every question my husband and I asked. Has a good reputation for getting good results. Only wish I had taken better notes in my initial consultation because I had some confusion once treatment was underway. For example, I wish he would have said 'don't take any meds until your first ultrasound' and 'the nurses will give you your next set of instructions at your next appointment' and 'results are available online and here are the normal ranges you are looking for'
Take lots of notes during your first consult. Ask lots of questions.
Dr. Ku was very warm and personable in his approach at our consultation and HSG procedure. He and nursing staff always answered my questions. During my treatment however they both kept referencing an IUI when during our first cycle we are doing meds + timed intercourse. That made me feel like a number.
He laid out 5 progressively more aggressive treatment options and the odds of conception with each. 1. Letrozole, Trigger Shot, TI 2. Same but with IUI 3. Letrozole, 3 days stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 4. 7 days of stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 5. IVF. The rationale was because we do not have male factor infertility and I'm only 30 we have time to start with less aggressive/less expensive treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary & Stacia)
I haven't seen Stacia or Mary in person but I have been able to email with questions that I had thought of after my appointment. Mary emailed me back within 24 hours. The first nurse I saw in person - not sure of her name - seemed to take my questions personally. She also mistakenly thought I was doing an IUI when in fact I am doing timed intercourse for the first round. Katryce, the second nurse I saw was much more personable and answered all my questions. The ultrasound tech was nice and answered all my questions
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Weakness = communication & bloodwork staff; Strengths = Dr. Ku in general, the online portal, being able to email Mary and Stacia (Dr. Ku's Nurses), reputation, front office staff knowledge on insurance and payment options.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Not sure as I requested everything billed to insurance except in cases that were out of network. Then it was clear what the out of pocket expense would be.

5 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
dr ku was a gem to work with. he responded to every phone call and text quickly and with detail. i never felt like i was bothering him. he is nice but honest and would never lead me to believe something would work if the chances were low....i could tell everyone was rooting for me and devastated with me when cycles didn't work....after the 4th negative, we moved onto IVF. he left the decision for the 4th IUI up to my hay and and me. for financial reasons, we chose to do one more IUI before moving to IVF.
[Dallas IVF] strengths are their compassion and quick responses. i would have liked for them to introduce themselves a bit more because i didn't know many of their names...i had a nurse call me with the wrong results -- they gave me results from a sperm analysis done years prior right after a vasectomy reversal so the results were terrible...[Nursing staff] lovely and kind. they explained everything to me when i asked and usually before i asked. they returned phone calls quickly.
5 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
ask as many questions as you can. he can't read your mind.
everyone knew my name and situation. nurses hugged me and cried with me. i could tell everyone was rooting for me and devastated with me when cycles didn't work.
we started with IUI with injectibles because my tests came back fine. my husband's sperm sometimes had low motility and count, but it wasn't terrible. i responded well to follistim for the first 3 cycles, but with the 4th, i didn't. we cancelled that one and then tried menopur for the next one. i responded well to that medication, but it still ended with a negative test. after the 4th negative, we moved onto IVF. he left the decision for the 4th IUI up to my hay and and me. for financial reasons, we chose to do one more IUI before moving to IVF. i produced a ton of eggs with IVF and ended up with OHSS, so we did a freeze-all cycle and transferred the next month. because that ended in miscarriage, we did transferred two from the same freeze-all cycle with the next one. i ended up with a singleton birth less than a week ago and with my next round, i will do another freeze-all and transfer two since that's what worked for us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
i can't quite remember, but they were average compared to other places in town.
he is highly against multiple embryo transfers unless there is evidence to show that an eSET hasn't worked or won't work.

Other, Unexplained
Dr. Ku is incredibly empathic - he has gone through this. I felt like her truly cared about our results, specifically, we were the only thing on his mind while we saw him....Dr. Ku was super compassionate and did an excellent job explaining our chances for success. He helped us weigh those benefits with the cost decisions and decide on the best option for us, without pushing us to spend more than we could.
Billing [at Dallas IVF] was very confusing, I had an estimate and paid upfront but received another bill months later. I understand it’s just an “estimate”, but the bill was out of the blue for us and I never understood why they didn’t know about that cost ahead of time. The staff was all nice and I never had any issues, I would still recommend them because I understand insurances can be tricky to deal with.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku was super compassionate and did an excellent job explaining our chances for success. He helped us weigh those benefits with the cost decisions and decide on the best option for us, without pushing us to spend more than we could. We had to stop treatment to deal with severe endometriosis or we would have tried more than one cycle, but as we are preparing to do IVF in the next couple of months we would 100% return to him. He was recommended by our chiropractor who has had multiple patients see him and have children due to his help, so I have great faith in him.
Don’t be afraid to bring up what you can afford and ask for his advice, weighing cost vs. potential success. He can help you make these decisions so that you feel confident and comfortable.
We used clomid, an ovulation trigger, and suppository progesterone for our IUI cycle, I developed many large cysts (I’ve had this happen before with clomid and I have severe endometriosis), so not being successful was a disappointment but not a shock to me. If we had been able to continue treatment he had another plan for the next cycle to try to avoid the cysts and have more success.
The nurse we saw was very kind and encouraging to us. They seemed to really understand the struggle of dealing with infertility and were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Billing was very confusing, I had an estimate and paid upfront but received another bill months later. I understand it’s just an “estimate”, but the bill was out of the blue for us and I never understood why they didn’t know about that cost ahead of time. The staff was all nice and I never had any issues, I would still recommend them because I understand insurances can be tricky to deal with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
I had decent insurance but ended up paying the doctor ~$400 for treatment. Medications were ~$200-250 through the specialty pharmacy (not specific to clinic).

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
After egg retrieval [with Dr. Ku] I rested my body for one month. Then I began estrogen and progesterone for the month leading to the frozen embryo transfer...I asked for 2 embryos and my doctor said it would be unethical knowing I would likely get pregnant with one. He said if I had a healthy first pregnancy that he would consider putting in two for my second transfer...once I was pregnant I was dealing with the nurses and rarely connected with him. If I needed something specific he was responsive!
[Dallas IVF has] Nice waiting room and patient rooms. Staff is kind and organized. Sometimes they are vague and unable to explain costs or protocols. When I was stress and concerned I felt passed of instead of being given direct answers and given time with the doctor [Dr. Ku]. Loved the ultrasound techs and their attention to detail...once I was pregnant I was dealing with the nurses and rarely connected with him. If I needed something specific he was responsive!
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku has great bedside manner. He is compassionate and understanding of both soon to be parents. He was ethical and honest. I felt like I was in good hands and trusted his expertise. Once I became pregnant I felt a bit shuffled off and wished I had more time with him.
Ask to communicate with him directly if you really have a concern.
At times I felt like a number; once I was pregnant I was dealing with the nurses and rarely connected with him. If I needed something specific he was responsive!
I was given folistem, menipure, and ganarelix prior to the egg retrieval to stimulate egg production. After egg retrieval I rested my body for one month. Then I began estrogen and progesterone for the month leading to the frozen embryo transfer. I continued the progesterone through the first trimester of my pregnancy.
Sweet and compassionate but at times they would not understand all the details and just pass me off.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Nice waiting room and patient rooms. Staff is kind and organized. Sometimes they are vague and unable to explain costs or protocols. When I was stress and concerned I felt passed of instead of being given direct answers and given time with the doctor. Loved the ultrasound techs and their attention to detail.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
21,000 all in. Including medications, egg retrieval, and frozen embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Our first appointment was very nerve racking but Dr. Ku made us feel comfortable. He explained every option with great detail including the financial responsibilities and risk. After he covered all our options we were given time to discuss them and decide. When we started treatment Dr. Ku continued to stay in the loop and answer any additional questions we had. He was available to answer any questions, hear comments and concerns throughout the entire process.
My first appointment was made for 3 day after I initially contacted them [Dallas IVF]. I never had to wait past my appointment time. The waiting room is average size with comfortable seating, reading material and complimentary water. ... New patient consultation-$200 Transvaginal ultrasound $200 Estradiol testing-$95 Progesterone testing-$86 Pregnancy test-$77 Semen analysis-$200 Sperm prep-$300 IUI-$250 Weekend charge-$30
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Every employee at the clinic is very friendly. Each employee that I come in contact with knows what's going on with my treatment at the time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Alexa)
The entire nursing staff has been extremely helpful. Alexa returns my phone calls immediately. They all do everything they can to make our visits as comfortable and productive as possible. They are eager to answer any questions you may have. If they dont know the answer they will get someone that does. I have never been made to feel like my questions or concerns were invalid.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
My first appointment was made for 3 day after I initially contacted them. I never had to wait past my appointment time. The waiting room is average size with comfortable seating, reading material and complimentary water.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
IVF protocol. Birth control start on cycle day 2 Follistem and menupur Resulted in 28 eggs retrieved [with Dr. Lowell Ku]...is so caring and has the best bed side manor. He greets you in the waiting room and takes you back himself with the initial consult. He makes it very easy to keep in contact with him, he provides his cell number. He showed compassion and took his time with us...He went out of his way to help us apply for fertility grants. He made us feel like a human and not a number. His action showed he truly cared for us and our journey. Communication is a must when going through IVF and he kept us up to date every step of the way. He called us himself most of the time.
The wait times [at Dallas IVF] were sometimes long but you always received quality care when it was your turn and was not rushed. The sonographer Stacy is very good at what she does. She did all the ultra sounds and I felt good with her doing it and trusted her professionalism...IVF protocol. Birth control start on cycle day 2 Follistem and menupur Resulted in 28 eggs retrieved...The nurse was very good at communicating. She called back in a timely matter and answered any questions. I did not have a lot of 1 on 1 communication with her but was pleased.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
We have been to three other fertility clinics before being led to Dr.Ku. He went out of his way to help us apply for fertility grants. He made us feel like a human and not a number. His action showed he truly cared for us and our journey. Communication is a must when going through IVF and he kept us up to date every step of the way. He called us himself most of the time.
I honestly believe he his one of the best doctors around.
Dr.Ku is so caring and has the best bed side manor. He greets you in the waiting room and takes you back himself with the initial consult. He makes it very easy to keep in contact with him, he provides his cell number. He showed compassion and took his time with us.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
All the staff were friendly and professional. Clinic is very nice and clean. The wait times were sometimes long but you always received quality care when it was your turn and was not rushed. The sonographer Stacy is very good at what she does. She did all the ultra sounds and I felt good with her doing it and trusted her professionalism. They worked with my insurance ( I have no coverage for treatment ) and coded visits to were I only had to pay my co-pay.
IVF and Freeze cycle- $9,200 Frozen transfer $3,200
we have not done transfer at this point
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Ku is very knowledgeable and empathetic. He takes time to explain all of the options and possibilities. The one issue I had was when we were going to transfer our embryos we did not agree on the number to transfer. Dr Ku only wanted to transfer 1 and I was insistent on 2. It was VERY difficult to get the 2 transferred, however in the end we did transfer 2...I felt that the doctor and the stonographer really cared about me and went through the ups and downs with me.
The lab [at Dallas IVF] overwashed the sperm on one IUI, and there were no sperm left. The doctor ended up waiving half of the procedure cost, however I would have rather had a fighting chance. There was an instance where medications were not prescribed and they were required...The doctors are great, the staff is not. If you don’t mind being a self advocate and staying on top of the staff then the clinic is for you. The doctors know what they are doing and have good success rates, however they do seem busy and overworked.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Other than the stonographer, who is AMAZING, I would not recommend the staff at all. They are not organized and have really horrible communication. You truly have to be your own advocate. I would meet with dr and have a plan then the nurse would come in and have all the wrong information. Multiple times I had to correct them and they had to go back to the dr to confirm. Not to mention there was miscommunication on some medication that HAD to be ordered that was never mentioned and the stress of getting it while in the middle of an IVF cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

My experience with this clinic [Dallas IVF] has been very positive so far. Scheduling has been easy and the office seems to be well organized. Every one I have interacted with- front office, sono and lab techs, nurses, and Dr. Ku- have all been great to work with...Dr. Ku was extremely attentive and warm during consultations. He took a shockingly large amount of time to sit with me, explain my options, and answer questions. I've never had conversations with a Dr. that I felt "heard" like with Dr. Ku. In addition to his warmth, he explained things directly, but in a way I could easily understand...After experiencing a second trimester miscarriage... I left feeling empowered to take the next steps to achieve a healthy pregnancy. I really wish ALL doctors were more like Dr. Ku!
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
After experiencing a second trimester miscarriage, I explained what happened on a local message board, asking for advice what to do next, and how to get answers to the questions I had. My regular OBGYN is great, but I felt like the questions I had were extending beyond what she could offer me. Numerous women recommended that I talk with Dr. Ku, and they were over the top with how strongly they recommended him. At my first visit, I saw why. Dr. Ku was extremely thorough and took a large amount of time with me, explaining things and detailing a plan for a path forward. In addition, he was extremely compassionate and personal. I left feeling empowered to take the next steps to achieve a healthy pregnancy. I really wish ALL doctors were more like Dr. Ku!
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
My experience with this clinic has been very positive so far. Scheduling has been easy and the office seems to be well organized. Every one I have interacted with- front office, sono and lab techs, nurses, and Dr. Ku- have all been great to work with.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Ku is] warm and friendly and makes you feel human and seen and heard. He went through IVF a with his wife so he truly understands the emotional toll it takes on you each cycle. He showed empathy and compassion through our loss and seems to really want to see us get a healthy baby...We did a FET with one embryo. He had me on PIO, lovenox, baby aspirin, and estrace...He was very willing to transfer two embryos but given my history with difficult pregnancies, we chose one.
I never had to leave a message for the nurse [at Dallas IVF], always went straight through to her which was awesome! She was always kind and organized and thorough...There was some differing information given between the nursing staff and the surgery center next door where the transfer takes place. The front office staff at the surgery center isn’t the kindest or warmest...The transfer was $3400 which is quite high compared to other doctors and insurance won’t cover it.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He’s warm and friendly and makes you feel human and seen and heard. He went through IVF a with his wife so he truly understands the emotional toll it takes on you each cycle. He showed empathy and compassion through our loss and seems to really want to see us get a healthy baby.
There’s typically a wait as the office is very busy
He would always greet me by name as he saw me in the hallway & seemed to genuinely care what we were going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Alexa)
I never had to leave a message for the nurse, always went straight through to her which was awesome! She was always kind and organized and thorough.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The office is busy so there was always a wait which can be frustrating when you’re told to hold your bladder. But they always made up for the wait and once even gave us a Starbucks gift card. The ladies at the front were always nice and quick to get us checked out. Scheduling can be difficult because of how busy they are.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
The transfer was $3400 which is quite high compared to other doctors and insurance won’t cover it. Office visits for us were $10 copays. Storage for embryos at their clinic was $800 a year which also seems high.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
As a patient i was scared. Ku helped ease my nerves and really listened to my fears before we started in on what route to take. The he ran tests and we sat and diacussed each test indivually answering questions along the way.... We first tried clomid alone with monitoring my follices and timed intercouse and adding in baby aspiring and lovenox and pregeaterone and specific times that was negative next round was the same but added the trigger shot and well got a negative test.
Clinic [Dallas IVF- Frisco is] easy to find. Very inviting. All staff was great. Weakness is that the checkout to leave was not very warm and inviting. Office is clean and organized. Exam rooms were comfortable and stocked well not to bright or cold either.... They always called me by my name and were very friendly which made it feel like i was walking in to see family
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He understands what its like so its ok to show that your scared and want to understand everything
He has been in our ahoes and know whats its like and he listens and respects your input
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Clinic easy to find. Very inviting. All staff was great. Weakness is that the checkout to leave was not very warm and inviting. Office is clean and organized. Exam rooms were comfortable and stocked well not to bright or cold either.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
I had some hysterscopes done and it was 400 after insurance which im still paying on
Havent discuss this yet

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Ku is very personable and invested in his patients. He gives you his personal number if you have any questions or concerns with treatment. He was always willing to answer questions and call fears during office visits... The first two iui’s we did femara with follistim and ovidrel trigger shot. After those failed he upped my follistim and ovidrel dose... Be ready to start treatment right away. You will hit the ground running with Dr. Ku
The nursing staff [at Dallas IVF] was amazing!! They always answered questions in a timely manner and were always very friendly.... The one thing I can think of is the wait time in the waiting room. Sometimes they were super fast but a few days I waited for over an hour for a blood draw. They didn’t check insurance information for the infection disease blood draw and almost made us pay $500 instead of going to quest for a lot cheaper (we were paying for everything out of pocket)
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is very personable and friendly. He takes the time to get to know his patients and makes you feel like he genuinely cares about you and the out come. When we got negative after negative results he was visually upset with us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Stacia Aaron )
The nursing staff was amazing!! They always answered questions in a timely manner and were always very friendly
Medicine for iui was 400 each round. Iui were 2,000 each
He was willing to transfer up to two embryos if we wanted him to
+ Read more- Read less

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Ku altered my protocol based on my last two unsuccessful rounds at my previous clinic. He gave me different meds, a higher dose and retrieved them later than my old Doctor....I had the best embryo I’d ever had...He communicated clearly and honestly....He didn’t rush us, gave us all the facts honestly but with kindness, he really was the best. He even gave me his personal cell for emergencies...
This clinic [Dallas IVF] had a top of the line facility. It was clean, inviting and had the best technology. The lab was even quality air controlled! The surgery center was equally amazing. The waiting room was inviting too.... Each one [nursing staff] had a specific job so they weren’t overworked. They were all knowledgeable and well trained and kind....Dr Ku altered my protocol based on my last two unsuccessful rounds at my previous clinic.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku was incredible! He didn’t rush us, gave us all the facts honestly but with kindness, he really was the best. He even gave me his personal cell for emergencies. Who does that anymore?! We were so thankful we went to him for a second opinion.
Schedule a consult with him then make your decision. You won’t be disappointed!
Dr Ku was so kind, compassionate and well trained. He communicated clearly and honestly. He took his time and went out of his way to say hi.
Dr Ku altered my protocol based on my last two unsuccessful rounds at my previous clinic. He gave me different meds, a higher dose and retrieved them later than my old Doctor. I didn’t have more follicles but I had the best embryo I’d ever had which resulted in my daughter.
Each one had a specific job so they weren’t overworked. They were all knowledgeable and well trained and kind.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
This clinic had a top of the line facility. It was clean, inviting and had the best technology. The lab was even quality air controlled! The surgery center was equally amazing. The waiting room was inviting too.
Approximately $15,000
He let you choose.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Ku [of Dallas IVF] was the most compassionate dr me and my husband have been to, he was very concerned with us and very helpful with any questions we had. He was very proactive in our treatment and we cannot say enough good about him, we cannot wait to start our next treatment with him Dr. Ku was amazing, always makes you feel like you are the only person! He was extremely proactive and pin pointed my issues very quickly and got things done!
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr ku was the most compassionate dr me and my husband have been to, he was very concerned with us and very helpful with any questions we had. He was very proactive in our treatment and we cannot say enough good about him, we cannot wait to start our next treatment with him Dr. Ku was amazing, always makes you feel like you are the only person! He was extremely proactive and pin pointed my issues very quickly and got things done!
I loved everything about the clinic, everyone that works there is so kind and makes you feel important. They are always very prompt at getting you in quickly, the nurses i had experience with were above and beyond!
We did clomid, IUI, and a trigger shot and we got a positive pregnancy confirmation at our blood draw, sadly miscarried shortly after.

2012 - 2016
Dr. Ku is fantastic. Well educated in current technology, compassionate, and a great communicator. He gave me his cell number to call or text if I ever had a question or need after hours. He is fiercely dedicated to his patients... 1st round IVF - bcp, lupron, follistim, trigger, retrieval, ICSI, fresh transfer of 2 day 5 embryos. Resulted in my daughter. 2nd round - follistim, menopur, lupron, trigger, retrieval, ICSI, fresh transfer of 1 day 5 embryo with 1 to freeze. Chemical pregnancy. Frozen transfer 2 months later resulted in my son.
Nurse [at Dallas IVF-Frisco] was great. Very professional. Entire staff is great. Stacy, the u/s tech is fantastic....The care from Dr. Ku and his whole staff was personal, compassionate, and kind. Always recognized by name and doc and nurses knew my case when they came to talk with me for any appointment. Never had to check the chart half way through a visit. Dr. Ku is the most compassionate doctor I've seen for anything.
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Charlie)
Nurse was great. Very professional. Entire staff is great. Stacy, the u/s tech is fantastic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
$3500 - retrieval, $3000 - transfer plus $500 - anesthesia and $3500-5000 for meds

3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Strengths: He has a very warm bedside manner and is a good communicator. He gave me his cell number so that I could ask questions anytime, and was responsive. Detail-oriented and covered the bases. ... He suggested using ganirelix again instead of lupron because we previously had gotten the most eggs with ganirelix. ... He seemed open to transferring 2 embryos. ... I only did a consult and hysteroscopy and did not encounter any weaknesses during those processes.
Strengths: The staff [Dallas IVF] were all organized and professional. They have several locations and reproductive endocrinologists on staff so their offices should be convenient for people in the area. I only did a consult and hysteroscopy and did not encounter any weaknesses during those processes. ... They [nursing staff] were organized and professional. ... The consult was $200. The blood draw for AMH; sonogram for Antral Follicle Count (AFC); and hysteroscopy totaled almost $900.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
As always, advocate for yourself.
They provided attentive care and always knew my case.
They were organized and professional.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Strengths: The staff were all organized and professional. They have several locations and reproductive endocrinologists on staff so their offices should be convenient for people in the area. I only did a consult and hysteroscopy and did not encounter any weaknesses during those processes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
He seemed open to transferring 2 embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Very compassionate, I like that he’s [Dr. Lowell Ku] also been through IVF and is open about sharing that. Very well organized and good about calling me himself to follow up on any setbacks. Everyone I’ve encountered with this office is great.... Really seems to care, easy to contact after hours... So far, I've paid about $9k, will be another $3700 for transfer fee
I honestly haven't experienced any weaknesses [at Dallas IVF-Frisco], everyone is so nice and willing to help every step of the way. Clean, professional office. The only issue I had once is that the Frisco office where I normally go was undergoing renovations and no one called to tell me that I would need to go to the McKinney office for my appointment.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Very compassionate, I like that he’s also been through IVF and is open about sharing that. Very well organized and good about calling me himself to follow up on any setbacks. Everyone I’ve encountered with this office is great.
No advice but I would highly recommend
Really seems to care, easy to contact after hours
Mary is amazing, always going out of her way to answer questions of all kind.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I honestly haven't experienced any weaknesses, everyone is so nice and willing to help every step of the way. Clean, professional office. The only issue I had once is that the Frisco office where I normally go was undergoing renovations and no one called to tell me that I would need to go to the McKinney office for my appointment.
So far, I've paid about $9k, will be another $3700 for transfer fee
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I never felt rushed, my questions were always answered, and he [Dr. Lowell Ku] personally called me...most patient, kind, understanding doctor. He has personally undergone IVF with his wife twice so he understand it from another perspective. He always was honest with me about what was needed, treatment, and why he thought things would or wouldn’t work...Never be afraid to ask questions or feel like your taking up too much of his time.
Most of them [nurses at Dallas IVF] are amazing but of course as with any practice there are a few who don’t make your feel as comfortable...Iui was about 1500 per cycle IVF was 14000...they [front desk] don’t make your feel very welcomed at times...My husband says that their “sperm retrieval” area is awkward and need an update...I never felt rushed, my questions were always answered, and he [Dr. Lowell Ku] personally called m
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku honestly is th most patient, kind, understanding doctor. He has personally undergone IVF with his wife twice so he understand it from another perspective. He always was honest with me about what was needed, treatment, and why he thought things would or wouldn’t work.
I never felt rushed, my questions were always answered, and he personally called me.
Most of them are amazing but of course as with any practice there are a few who don’t make your feel as comfortable
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Their front desk personal defiantly needs to be replaced they don’t make your feel very welcomed at times. It’s okay to be confused if you don’t know where the surgery center is. Everyone doesn’t at first. My husband says that their “sperm retrieval” area is awkward and need an update.
Iui was about 1500 per cycle IVF was 14000
Dr Ku prefers to do single embryo transfer due to the health risks of transferring multiples.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
My experience with Dr. Ku was stellar. He always made me feel comfortable, he is very genuine, explained everything to my level of understanding, and gave me success with 1 round of IVF. I was very sad when I "graduated" from his office and had to go to my OB's office. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Ku...The staff took the time to get to know me and develop a relationship...
The nursing staff at Dallas IVF is outstanding. They are knowledgeable, efficient, compassionate, and really take the time to get to know you on a more personable level. They walk you through every step of the way...Good communication, organized, nurses provide good emotional support but would be nice if they provided additional resources for support...
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
be open-minded and never give up!
The staff took the time to get to know me and develop a relationship.
long Lupron protocol = successful IVF cycle
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
good communication, organized, nurses provide good emotional support but would be nice if they provided additional resources for support.
$10,000 give or take a little for 1 IVF cycle not including medications

Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Ku] was very caring. He took the time to get to know us and what we were wanting. He listened to our concerns and addresses them accordingly. He was always available and took time to call and check on us during the cycles....I took clomid as well as did shots. I had to take multiple rounds of shots to get the desired size of eggs....They [Dallas IVF] spent time with us really explaining everything....Very nice clinic. Clean and well cared for.
Very nice clinic. Clean and well cared for....They [Dallas IVF] spent time with us really explaining everything....He [Dr. Ku] was very caring. He took the time to get to know us and what we were wanting. He listened to our concerns and addresses them accordingly. He was always available and took time to call and check on us during the cycles....Over 9k. Each time. Insurance only covered ultrasounds and blood work... I took clomid as well as did shots.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He was very caring. He took the time to get to know us and what we were wanting. He listened to our concerns and addresses them accordingly. He was always available and took time to call and check on us during the cycles.
Be completely open.
They spent time with us really explaining everything.
Very sweet
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Very nice clinic. Clean and well cared for.
Over 9k. Each time. Insurance only covered ultrasounds and blood work
Na
+ Read more- Read less
The staff was great and was the reason we chose DallasIVF over some other clinics that we interviewed...we enjoyed Dr Ku and he was very personable and accepting and willing to work with us on what we wanted to do. He was upfront with risks and we got the result we wanted which was a successful multiples pregnancy...Dr Ku is a believer of retrieving eggs and then giving your body a break by freezing the embryos and doing the transfer later. I thought this was great as it allowed the body to heal.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Start early with the process and don't wait to go. The sooner the better
Based on the quality of the eggs the first time we just did a single embryo transfer to reduce the risk of multiples. After that failed he was open to doing multiple eggs which is what we had hoped for.
+ Read more- Read less
[Dr. Lowell Ku's] Strength is that he knows first hand of the fertility struggle. This allows him to be more understanding than most. I have not noticed any actual weaknesses with Dr. Ku at my appointments. He was very detailed with the appointment...I did embryo adoption. We did the blood test and regular testing. I had hormonal injections that injected IM everyday...was very empathetic to my struggle. He also didnt make me feel like I was wasting my time. He assured me that my age was not an issue. Unlike others whom i felt were trying to get me to give up because of my age.
didnt get told to decrease hormone injections till later because personnel [at Dallas IVF] thought they told me...The only problem I had with the nurse staff is that I lived 2 hours away and they told me I could submit paperwork via fax then when I did I was told it could not be submitted that way and I was going to have to come in and drop it off or my IVF procedure would be cancelled. Inconsistent information. The Coordinator Tammy was wonderful and comforting...I cant say enough good things about her.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku Strength is that he knows first hand of the fertility struggle. This allows him to be more understanding than most. I have not noticed any actual weaknesses with Dr. Ku at my appointments. He was very detailed with the appointment.
Ask questions and make sure you understand all your options.
Dr. Ku was very empathetic to my struggle. He also didnt make me feel like I was wasting my time. He assured me that my age was not an issue. Unlike others whom i felt were trying to get me to give up because of my age.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
There weakness is that they do not and need to Maintain consistency with information of submission of paperwork. Also they need to take into consideration how far people travel. Strength is the coordinator Tammy Stein.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Blood testing Lab testing Ultrasound and pelvic exam test hormone injections IVF PROCESS

2017 - 2019
Dr.Ku took the time to explain in detailed what the process involved. He was aware of my feelings and I felt very comfortable talking to him about my concerns...is the only doctor I’ve seen who shares his personal number with his patients in case His patients have extra questions not covered during the visit. He is cordial and inviting, maintaining a joyous and hopeful yet professional demeanor with his patients. He uses diagrams and down-to-earth terminology so that his patients fully understand the process of IUI/IVF, and never seems lofty or arrogant because of his schooling.
Office visits [at Dallas IVF] were $90. Without insurance, they are $225.00. Sonograms were $200.00, $225.00 without insurance. Blood tests were $75.00. Sperm collection and implantation for IUI was $500.00. For an IVF procedure, physician fees would be $4.000.00...The clinic opens at 7:30 and they close at 5pm which is sometimes difficult for people who work till 5pm, but Dr. Ku can schedule appointments for after 5 and on weekends if necessary. The facility has plenty of parking, and wait times are quite reasonable considering the number of patients seen in this office.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is the only doctor I’ve seen who shares his personal number with his patients in case His patients have extra questions not covered during the visit. He is cordial and inviting, maintaining a joyous and hopeful yet professional demeanor with his patients. He uses diagrams and down-to-earth terminology so that his patients fully understand the process of IUI/IVF, and never seems lofty or arrogant because of his schooling.
Nothing negative. Be ready for a positive hopeful experience. He will do everything he can to help.
Metformin + Clomid + letrozole + follistin injections + IUI All negative results
Nursing staff is friendly and cordial. They are readily available to assist Dr.Ku with any procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Office visits were $90. Without insurance, they are $225.00. Sonograms were $200.00, $225.00 without insurance. Blood tests were $75.00. Sperm collection and implantation for IUI was $500.00. For an IVF procedure, physician fees would be $4.000.00.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Ku is amazing. I recommend everyone to him. We started our journey with him in 2014 with our first baby and recently tried again. We were successful this time as well but sadly miscarried. Dr. Ku and his staff have always been kind, welcoming, and honest...This last round, my wife had fibroids removed. After that we began treatment...I know she has had to use vaginal suppositories to speed up growth as well...He was so genuine and understanding in our sadness and excited and joyful in our happiness. We recommend everyone to him.
I believe with meds, sperm, minor surgery we paid just at 2500 for iui [at Dallas IVF]...The only weakness is that very rarely they run behind. Otherwise, the staff and facility are great. We have always felt welcomed and cared for. Everyone explains everything fully and how you can understand...This last round, my wife had fibroids removed. After that we began treatment. We did daily shots for two weeks and monitored folicle growth. After all was well, we triggered and went in for insemination. I can’t remember what the shots are called. I know she has had to use vaginal suppositories to speed up growth as well.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is amazing. I recommend everyone to him. We started our journey with him in 2014 with our first baby and recently tried again. We were successful this time as well but sadly miscarried. Dr. Ku and his staff have always been kind, welcoming, and honest. The sonogram tech is soooo sweet.
Go in optimistic. He works miracles.
Dr. Ku is the kindest most honest doctor. He gave us one miracle baby and we we even got pregnant a second time, but sadly lost the baby at 8 weeks. He was so genuine and understanding in our sadness and excited and joyful in our happiness. We recommend everyone to him.
Always kind. When we found out we lost our second baby, they gave us the time and privacy we needed and gave us big hugs. They genuinely care
I believe with meds, sperm, minor surgery we paid just at 2500 for iui

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr Ku takes his time and truly loves and cares about every patient. He is without a doubt the kindest human being and walks you through every step with respect and a gentle bedside manner during such a stressful time... he will do everything in his power to help you and your family through this process...Doctor provided information [on Eset] and his gentle opinion, but supported our decision either way...He cheers with you, he cries with you, he validates every emotion and feeling t
We worked through Dr Ku [at Dallas IVF] and a loan company for meds and transfer and roughly it cost us 20,000 for ivf total. Then iui, we completed 4 at roughly 500-700 a piece...Wonderful clinic from the front desk, doctors, Tonja the fabulous financial coordinator, to the nurses and so on. The billing department is sometimes difficult and are not always accommodating. Never hesitate to ask questions!...Mart [nurse] never made me feel like an inconvenience and was positive and there to support us every step!
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Lowell Ku is without a doubt a blessing. He is caring, patient, thoughtful, and treats every patient like family. He cheers with you, he cries with you, he validates every emotion and feeling this insane process brings on. He is without a doubt a light in the darkness that is infertility.
Trust him because he will do everything in his power to help you and your family through this process. Which, I know trust is a hard feeling when you go through infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Mart never made me feel like an inconvenience and was positive and there to support us every step!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
We worked through Dr Ku and a loan company for meds and transfer and roughly it cost us 20,000 for ivf total. Then iui, we completed 4 at roughly 500-700 a piece.
Doctor provided information and his gentle opinion, but supported our decision either way.

2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
[Dr. Lowell Ku is] an amazing heartfelt human being!! He listens and cares! The only upside to my infertility journey has been finding Dr. Ku!! His wife and himself have been through infertility so I feel as if he really gets it. He wants the same outcome as his patients! Previous doctors is was all about numbers and money, he doesn’t make you feel like you’re just a number. He always greets you with a huge smile and by name.
[The staff at Dallas IVF] are amazing and friendly. Everyone has their job in your care and takes it to heart. We had a mix up with billing when I first became a patient and they quickly helped me resolve it. Did not stress me out with deadlines to pay “or else” like some clinics. The sonographer is so sweet and tells you everything she sees and explains it...He [Dr. Ku] paid attention to how my body had previously responded to hormones and worked up a protocol just for me!
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He’s an amazing heartfelt human being!! He listens and cares! The only upside to my infertility journey has been finding Dr. Ku!! His wife and himself have been through infertility so I feel as if he really gets it. He wants the same outcome as his patients! Previous doctors is was all about numbers and money, he doesn’t make you feel like you’re just a number. He always greets you with a huge smile and by name.
Get to his office ASAP, I wish I had followed advice of others and skipped my first dr.
He speaks to you on a normal level. He makes you feel as if is invested in the outcome not the money.
He paid attention to how my body had previously responded to hormones and worked up a protocol just for me!
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
They are amazing and friendly. Everyone has their job in your care and takes it to heart. We had a mix up with billing when I first became a patient and they quickly helped me resolve it. Did not stress me out with deadlines to pay “or else” like some clinics. The sonographer is so sweet and tells you everything she sees and explains it.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
I completed a IUI [with Dr. Ku] got pregnant, miscarried, conceived again shortly after and experienced another miscarriage. I was recently diagnosed with uterine polyps, surgery is scheduled this week. During this entire process Dr. Ku has been simply amazing. My husband has male factor infertility, and was very apprehensive about the process until we met with Dr. Ku. Dr. Ku used a drawing to help my husband and I understand the process and treatment plan. He provided us with options and explained each option throughly. When I wanted to give up several times, I was reminded that I am in good hands with Dr. Ku.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
I completed a IUI got pregnant, miscarried, conceived again shortly after and experienced another miscarriage. I was recently diagnosed with uterine polyps, surgery is scheduled this week. During this entire process Dr. Ku has been simply amazing. My husband has male factor infertility, and was very apprehensive about the process until we met with Dr. Ku. Dr. Ku used a drawing to help my husband and I understand the process and treatment plan. He provided us with options and explained each option throughly. When I wanted to give up several times, I was reminded that I am in good hands with Dr. Ku.
Dr. Ku is awesome! If you’re a patient who need a doctor with excellent bed side manners, has patience, and very understanding, Dr. Ku is the right doctor for you.
Dr. Just is simply amazing! He’s very transparent and inspiring. Sharing his experience with infertility while him and his wife were on their journey made me feel human!
8 IUI, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
We have undergone 2 fully injectable IUI cycles with Dr. Ku. He has explained why that was best. I was on Follistim 900,Ganirelix and Ovidrel. I responded very well....He is a wonderful doctor. He is very caring and concerned. He explained everything well. He told us the percentage of likelihood of it working for each option. He has been willing to listen. He discusses the options best for us. He encourages us.... He listens to our opinions and works with us well.
The location [Dallas IVF] is convenient. The clinic is clean. The staff is friendly. I am always seen in a timely manner. Sono tech is really good at her job. I am hard to draw blood from and they do a great job.... The nurses and staff are excellent. I had great experiences with them.... [Cost Of Treatment] Approximately $4000 including meds per cycle.... We have undergone 2 fully injectable IUI cycles with Dr. Ku. He has explained why that was best.
8 IUI, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He is the Dr I would have chosen first if I had known.
He is very friendly. He is caring and concerned. He listens to our opinions and works with us well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
The nurses and staff are excellent. I had great experiences with them.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The location is convenient. The clinic is clean. The staff is friendly. I am always seen in a timely manner. Sono tech is really good at her job. I am hard to draw blood from and they do a great job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Approximately $4000 including meds per cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

Only did 5 days of injections [with Dr. Lowell Ku]...had to stop due to body not responding...Great bedside manner, gentle in all ways. Love that he has been on the patient side. Office should be able to take care of plus size women. Being plus size shouldn't hold you back from being a parent...At the beginning no call on results. Went thru a couple of months of testing till the end unable to move forward due to size...Is plus size that needs to be upfront.
Weakness [at Dallas IVF], office should open at least 5 min before the first appt...Extended hours for working parents. Describe the whole length process. More communication...More convenience and access. Bigger waiting room...Lack of communication [from nurses]...At the beginning no call on results. Went thru a couple of months of testing till the end unable to move forward due to size...Only did 5 days of injections had to stop due to body not responding.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Is plus size that needs to be upfront.
Only did 5 days of injections had to stop due to body not responding.
Lack of communication
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Weakness, office should open at least 5 min before the first appt Extended hours for working parents. Describe the whole length process. More communication More convenience and access. Bigger waiting room
None

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
[Dr. Lowell Ku] was open to our wishes [regarding Eset]...Dr. Ku is the most compassionate man I’ve ever met...Dr. Ku is everything we could have asked for in a doctor. There is absolutely nothing negative I could say about him. We conceived and had a daughter under the care of Dr Ku. However, we lost our daughter at three months of age...I had one nurse print out the wrong Protocol for the medication I ordered. This resulted in me having to spend $800 extra on meds but when Dr Ku found out he credited me the money...Appointment times are flexible.
I had one nurse print out the wrong Protocol for the medication I ordered [at Dallas IVF]. This resulted in me having to spend $800 extra on meds but when Dr Ku found out he credited me the money...Around 14,000 pre PGS and not including meds...I felt the front desk was the only real weakness. They seemed to get confused a lot when it came to charges and insurance. The Sono tech was amazing. Appointment times are flexible. The surgery team was very caring and the other doctors in the practice are very nice as well...Dr Ku is everything we could have asked for in a doctor. There is absolutely nothing negative I could say about him. We conceived and had a daughter under the care of Dr Ku. However, we lost our daughter at three months of age.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku is the most compassionate man I’ve ever met.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Around 14,000 pre PGS and not including meds.
Dr Ku was open to our wishes.