Medical SchoolU. of Texas
214-297-0020
Plano
3000 Communications Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lowell Ku to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas IVF to a friend?
Dr. Ku is extremely compassionate in what he does....he still makes the time to contact his patients and see how they are doing with receiving bad news....Dr. Ku goes over every factor in detail and explains every step. He wants us to ask questions so that he addresses our concerns we have. He does not speak in medical terms that we would not be able to understand...Dr/ Ku is very patient in answering every question, no matter how insignificant it may mean.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Meeting Dr. Ku for an initial consult was a very great experience. When waiting in front lobby area. Dr. Ku is the one who gets you to his office, not the MA's. That in itself is very personable. Dr. Ku goes over every factor in detail and explains every step. He wants us to ask questions so that he addresses our concerns we have. He does not speak in medical terms that we would not be able to understand. When both of my IUI cycles came back to be unsuccessful, I would receive a call from him personally to voice his sadness with us. Each time he would ask if there was anything he could do to help me grieve the loss.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
That they do not need to hesitate in asking many questions. Dr/ Ku is very patient in answering every question, no matter how insignificant it may mean.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is extremely compassionate in what he does. He explained that him and his wife also struggled with infertility and have had kids through IVF. When receiving negative results from the nurse, he still makes the time to contact his patients and see how they are doing with receiving bad news.
Describe the protocols Lowell Ku used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
I was taking a mix of Clomid and Letrozole along with low doses of Follistim injections. The reson I was put on this cocktail of meds was due to my PCOS. I have a very large number of eggs to each ovary and Dr. Ku did not want to cause OHSS if taking too may injections. At each visit, he would adjust med/injection intake to make sure treatment did not cause OHSS.
All of the nurses were very kind and helpful. They always explained things as they worked. They were patient in answering all of the questions I had.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is warm, not cold in a sense that you feel uncomfortable when waiting to be roomed. The front office are warm and welcoming. The back office nurses are always helpful and kid when working with the patient. Always received calls asap when getting lab work done. The clinic does not hassle you from a financial point of view. They are very considerate and work with you when it comes to the financial part of it. I can not think of any weaknesses the clinic has.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
My insurance did not cover anything fertility related. For each IUI cycle, including ultrasounds and lab work, I paid roughly around $1k each time. This is not including the medications.
Describe Lowell Ku's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
Have not done IVF with Dr. Ku as of yet due to financial reasons.
Frisco
Dr Ku is very sensitive with my feelings. He was very compassionate...He always make sure that I am comfortable with all the decisions with my treatment...He knows the financial burden and how stressful dealing with infertility....Dr ku suggested we do IVF so we can choose the quality of the embryo...He was always honest and very supportive with all our decisions. He is very soft-spoken and he will explain everything clearly. He never rush our meetings.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku is the perfect Reproductive Endocrinologist for me. He fully understands all the emotions you are going through since he experienced infertility himself. He knows the financial burden and how stressful dealing with infertility. He made our journey more bearable for us. He was always honest and very supportive with all our decisions. He is very soft-spoken and he will explain everything clearly. He never rush our meetings.
You will never regret choosing Dr Ku as your Reproductive Endocrinologist.
Dr Ku is very sensitive with my feelings. He was very compassionate. He knows that that we drive 6hrs total (back and forth) just to see him. He did make sure that he saw me even though I was late with my appointment. He always make sure that I am comfortable with all the decisions with my treatment.
We did the Follistism and Clomid combination. Since I can get pregnant but had miscarriage 3x we opted for IUI. First IUI was negative probably due to just having 1 egg and small amount of sperm on our 1st cycle. 2nd IUI we got pregnant but miscarriage at 8wks. Probably due to genetics/chromosomal. So Dr ku suggested we do IVF so we can choose the quality of the embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
My primary nurse Mary is very good in explaining all the details of my treatment with me. She would email me all my lab request if I cannot make it to their clinic and just have it done closer to my residence. My Sono nurse is so knowledgeable. She is always honest with me. She would explain everything that she was seeing in the Sono. She cheered with me when I had good numbers of follicles and felt sad when we did not find any fetal heart beat. I felt like I have a team who got my back in that clinic. They are always pleasant everytime I come for my appt. The cashier and the person who does the appointment scheduling is very accommodating.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Everybody is nice and knowledgeable in that clinic. They ff-up all the time. If they cannot reach me by phone since my phone is always in silent if I’m working they would reach out to me by email. I don’t see any weaknesses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
As with any other Fertility Clinic it’s expensive and my insurance will only cover for lab tests. It is financially draining. But they do offer some financing.
We have not talk about embryo transfer since we only did IUI.
2013 - 2017
We started my IVF cycle [with Dr. Lowell Ku] with birth control for 10 days then added Lupron. Then he added Menopur and Follistim. We actually triggered 2 days early because I responded so well. We retrieved 38 eggs, 35 were mature, 25 fertilized, and we ended with 12 embryos. We did a fresh transfer of 1 AA embryo that resulted in our daughter born in July 2014. We did a frozen transfer of 1 embryo in June of 201 which resulted in our son born in March 2016.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
I cannot say enough amazing things about Dr. Ku. He is the most caring doctor I have ever met. Knowledgeable, trustworthy, warm, and truly loves his patients. He does everything he can to get the outcome wanted.
If bedside manner is important to you, Dr. Ku is your doctor. Not only does he have good bedside manner, but his knowledge of infertility is amazing! He has gone through IVF himself with his wife to have their children so he gets what we were going through on the emotional side of it too.
His bedside manner was amazing. He made sure I understood what was going on and was always available to talk if I needed any explanation. He even gave me his cell number to text or call if I ever needed him. Even after having 3 children and not in treatment right now he texted me when our third was born to congratulate us. Such an amazing man that loves his patients!
We started my IVF cycle with birth control for 10 days then added Lupron. Then he added Menopur and Follistim. We actually triggered 2 days early because I responded so well. We retrieved 38 eggs, 35 were mature, 25 fertilized, and we ended with 12 embryos. We did a fresh transfer of 1 AA embryo that resulted in our daughter born in July 2014. We did a frozen transfer of 1 embryo in June of 201 which resulted in our son born in March 2016.
With my first transfer in 2014 I loved the nursing staff. Joan (who is no longer there) was amazing. She was with me through the entire transfer. She always was the one that called with news and I loved that I had her through the process. With my son's transfer in 2016 the staff had changed and wasn't as good. I didn't have that connection with 1 nurse like before and most of the time when I called the nurses line I couldn't get anyone to answer. I would ask questions about things that Dr. Ku and I talked about and they either weren't sure or their answer was opposite of what Dr. Ku and I talked out.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dr. Ku is worth it. No matter what I encountered. The clinic isn't the best about calling back, answer the nursing line, etc, but I didn't care because Dr. Ku is amazing and he is worth all of it. If I ever didn't get the answer I was looking for I was able to text/call Dr. Ku and I always got the answer I needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
We paid around $16,000 for our IVF/ICSI fresh transfer in 2014 and $3200 for a frozen transfer in 2016.
When deciding for our first transfer he recommended 1 embryo due to the fact that it was an AA embryo. I was very nervous because I wanted to highest chance of a baby. He was confident it would take and he promised if it didn't we would do 2 embryos the next transfer. He said their mission was to get me pregnant, stay pregnant, and bring a baby home. Not just to get me pregnant by any means necessary even if that meant multiples. The transfer worked and I had my daughter in July 2014.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I could not have had a better experience as a patient with Dr Ku. I didn't achieve pregnancy but, he told me that what we were trying was not likely to work and that I should move on to donor eggs. I didn't want to and respected my decision though, after two failed injectable IUIs he said that he could no longer take my money for treatment that wasn't going to get me pregnant. I respected his candidness...He said I needed IVF for high FSH and very low AMH (17 and less than 0.01).
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Just go to him, you won't regret it. I've recommend him to many people.
He is a very kind, caring doctor. He lets you participate in your treatment options and talks to you like a best friend. When he has bad news to give you, you can hear that he is genuinely sad to tell it to you. He really walks right beside you before, during and after treatment.
I started with Clomid cycles, my choice. He said I needed IVF for high FSH and very low AMH (17 and less than 0.01). After a few months of nothing happening, I did my first IUI with Clomid. I made one follicle and Dr. Ku cancelled the cycle as it was unlikely to result in a pregnancy. I did a second IUI with injectable medication and again made one follicle, I chose to proceed with the IUI. Again, nothing. I took some time off and did a few Femera cycles with no results. I decided to move on to donor eggs but have not moved forward on that. Then my husband and I decided to move child-less, for now.
Always kind and caring. I didn't have much interaction with them though.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I think that they are a great clinic and I recommend them to everyone I meet who might have trouble conceiving. I have not run into any weaknesses thus far. I think that new patients would be in good hands at Dallas IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
I felt like I was going to one if the top rated Dr.s and I paid a price for that. Their costs were higher than I would pay elsewhere but I also felt like the level of care exceeded my expectations.
I believe that he prefers single embryo transfers but is open to double.
Frisco
Dr. Ku filled me with confidence at our first initial meeting stating “I run this ship”, reporting that we would be seeing him often and he would be in charge of our treatment plans.... He also gave me his personal phone number in case there was anything I needed. I was disappointed after our IVF cycle resulted in zero normal embryos and he did not give me a sympathy phone call after we had gone through such a devastating and expensive cycle.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku filled me with confidence at our first initial meeting stating “I run this ship”, reporting that we would be seeing him often and he would be in charge of our treatment plans. He also confirmed that he would be drawing my blood often, which was lacking at the other clinic where I was a patient. He also gave me his personal phone number in case there was anything I needed. I was disappointed after our IVF cycle resulted in zero normal embryos and he did not give me a sympathy phone call after we had gone through such a devastating and expensive cycle.
Have any and all questions you want answered at your initial consultation and he will provide you with all the information needed.
His plans of care are very personalized and the monitoring is top notch. He shows true compassion for your well-being.
Our first IUI with Dr. Ku we did Follistim. His nurses performed vaginal US every other day to monitor response to meds. His lab also checked my blood to make sure they did not miss my ovulation window. The IUI resulted in an early miscarriage. This was our 5th failed IUI so we decided to use the money we had saved for an IVF cycle. He prescribed Follistim, Menopur and then the drug to prevent ovulation. We had injections nightly at 8pm for 13 days, with vaginal US every other day as well. Follistim was increased mid-cycle to increase egg count/size. Retrieval day we got 11 eggs, 7 of which fertilized and 1 that made it to freeze. This embryo was graded excellent, and then came back abnormal after PGS testing. Therefore we ended up with zero embryos after all the time, money, stress and heartache.
The nursing staff were compassionate and informative on any changes in the plan of care. They were kind and helpful on the phone as well.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very clean and nice. There are snacks and water in the waiting room. The most I had to ever wait past a scheduled appointment time was 30-45 minutes. The office staff is nice as well and easy to communicate with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
I believe the sonograms were $225 each (~10-12 total), IUI procedure $350, Egg retrieval $11,000, IUI medication $1,000, IVF medication $6,500, PGS testing $750, Donor sperm (2 vials- 1 IUI, 1 IVF) $2000
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Dr. Ku has good bedside manner, answers all questions and shows compassion. He did all my IUI's but I did not get to meet with him after the first failed IUI with clomid, which I wish he had. I only got to speak to his nurse, which wasn't very helpful. My second IUI, I tried the same thing (clomid) and it failed again. However, he met with me briefly before my third try to discuss changing to injectibles. His manner is very sweet and he tries to answer all your questions as best as he can. I got pregnant on my third try but it ended in a miscarriage. One thing I wish he had done now, was I wish he had done more diagnostic tests to cover all bases before starting treatment. He did a HSG and hysteroscopy but I wish I had insisted on checking my thyroid levels again and other hormones.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Always ask all questions you can think of.
Me=34/35 Husband=34 Natural pregnancy w/o trying but ended in mmc at 9 weeks No known medical issues Irregular period (avg. 35 days; about 10 cylces/yr) 1) Before treatment: baseline sonogram at day 16 = 29 immature follicles; AMH = 5.62; Sperm analysis = normal; HSG = normal; HSC=normal; Diagnosed with mild PCOS 2)IUI#1: clomid 50mg x 5 days; 2 mature follicles; E2=800's; Uterine lining= 5mm; trigger with ovidrel; IUI 36 hrs later; P4 supp; Negative beta 3)IUI#2: clomid 50mg x 5 days; 1 mature follicle; E2=400's; Uterine lining= 5mm; trigger with ovidrel; IUI 24hrs later; P4 supp; Negative beta 4)IUI#3: follistim x 7 days (100IU-75IU); 1-2 mature follicle; E2=900's; Uterine lining=10mm; trigger with ovidrel; IUI 36hrs later; P4 supp; Beta 15dpiui=560; Beta 17dpiui=982; Sonogram at 7 and 8.5 weeks = fetus measuring 6wks no hb.
I worked with a few nurses during my treatment. Most of them were okay, there was one nurse Mary, who was very cheerful and nice.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Long wait for sonogram.. we sometimes waited more than an hour for sonograms. The receptionist was okay, sometimes hard to get someone on the phone. The billing dept gave confusing answers as to why they were charging my insurance and my credit card for the same procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
My insurance paid for my IUIs and tests. I had to pay about 90 dollars for prog. suppositories and drugs cost about 300 for injectibles. Sperm washing was 300 dollars
Frisco
He [Dr. Ku] laid out 5 progressively more aggressive treatment options and the odds of conception with each. 1. Letrozole, Trigger Shot, TI 2. Same but with IUI 3. Letrozole, 3 days stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 4. 7 days of stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 5. IVF... He is very personable and warm. He also has a very positive outlook while still being realistic. He answers every question my husband and I asked. Has a good reputation for getting good results. Only wish I had taken better notes in my initial consultation because I had some confusion once treatment was underway
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He is very personable and warm. He also has a very positive outlook while still being realistic. He answers every question my husband and I asked. Has a good reputation for getting good results. Only wish I had taken better notes in my initial consultation because I had some confusion once treatment was underway. For example, I wish he would have said 'don't take any meds until your first ultrasound' and 'the nurses will give you your next set of instructions at your next appointment' and 'results are available online and here are the normal ranges you are looking for'
Take lots of notes during your first consult. Ask lots of questions.
Dr. Ku was very warm and personable in his approach at our consultation and HSG procedure. He and nursing staff always answered my questions. During my treatment however they both kept referencing an IUI when during our first cycle we are doing meds + timed intercourse. That made me feel like a number.
He laid out 5 progressively more aggressive treatment options and the odds of conception with each. 1. Letrozole, Trigger Shot, TI 2. Same but with IUI 3. Letrozole, 3 days stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 4. 7 days of stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 5. IVF. The rationale was because we do not have male factor infertility and I'm only 30 we have time to start with less aggressive/less expensive treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary & Stacia)
I haven't seen Stacia or Mary in person but I have been able to email with questions that I had thought of after my appointment. Mary emailed me back within 24 hours. The first nurse I saw in person - not sure of her name - seemed to take my questions personally. She also mistakenly thought I was doing an IUI when in fact I am doing timed intercourse for the first round. Katryce, the second nurse I saw was much more personable and answered all my questions. The ultrasound tech was nice and answered all my questions
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Weakness = communication & bloodwork staff; Strengths = Dr. Ku in general, the online portal, being able to email Mary and Stacia (Dr. Ku's Nurses), reputation, front office staff knowledge on insurance and payment options.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Not sure as I requested everything billed to insurance except in cases that were out of network. Then it was clear what the out of pocket expense would be.
5 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
dr ku was a gem to work with. he responded to every phone call and text quickly and with detail. i never felt like i was bothering him. he is nice but honest and would never lead me to believe something would work if the chances were low....i could tell everyone was rooting for me and devastated with me when cycles didn't work....after the 4th negative, we moved onto IVF. he left the decision for the 4th IUI up to my hay and and me. for financial reasons, we chose to do one more IUI before moving to IVF.
5 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
ask as many questions as you can. he can't read your mind.
everyone knew my name and situation. nurses hugged me and cried with me. i could tell everyone was rooting for me and devastated with me when cycles didn't work.
we started with IUI with injectibles because my tests came back fine. my husband's sperm sometimes had low motility and count, but it wasn't terrible. i responded well to follistim for the first 3 cycles, but with the 4th, i didn't. we cancelled that one and then tried menopur for the next one. i responded well to that medication, but it still ended with a negative test. after the 4th negative, we moved onto IVF. he left the decision for the 4th IUI up to my hay and and me. for financial reasons, we chose to do one more IUI before moving to IVF. i produced a ton of eggs with IVF and ended up with OHSS, so we did a freeze-all cycle and transferred the next month. because that ended in miscarriage, we did transferred two from the same freeze-all cycle with the next one. i ended up with a singleton birth less than a week ago and with my next round, i will do another freeze-all and transfer two since that's what worked for us.
lovely and kind. they explained everything to me when i asked and usually before i asked. they returned phone calls quickly.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
strengths are their compassion and quick responses. i would have liked for them to introduce themselves a bit more because i didn't know many of their names.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
i can't quite remember, but they were average compared to other places in town.
he is highly against multiple embryo transfers unless there is evidence to show that an eSET hasn't worked or won't work.
Frisco
Dr. Ku is very knowledgeable and empathetic. He takes time to explain all of the options and possibilities. The one issue I had was when we were going to transfer our embryos we did not agree on the number to transfer. Dr Ku only wanted to transfer 1 and I was insistent on 2. It was VERY difficult to get the 2 transferred, however in the end we did transfer 2...I felt that the doctor and the stonographer really cared about me and went through the ups and downs with me.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Other than the stonographer, who is AMAZING, I would not recommend the staff at all. They are not organized and have really horrible communication. You truly have to be your own advocate. I would meet with dr and have a plan then the nurse would come in and have all the wrong information. Multiple times I had to correct them and they had to go back to the dr to confirm. Not to mention there was miscommunication on some medication that HAD to be ordered that was never mentioned and the stress of getting it while in the middle of an IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The doctors are great, the staff is not. If you don’t mind being a self advocate and staying on top of the staff then the clinic is for you. The doctors know what they are doing and have good success rates, however they do seem busy and overworked.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Ku is very personable and invested in his patients. He gives you his personal number if you have any questions or concerns with treatment. He was always willing to answer questions and call fears during office visits... The first two iui’s we did femara with follistim and ovidrel trigger shot. After those failed he upped my follistim and ovidrel dose... Be ready to start treatment right away. You will hit the ground running with Dr. Ku
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is very personable and friendly. He takes the time to get to know his patients and makes you feel like he genuinely cares about you and the out come. When we got negative after negative results he was visually upset with us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Stacia Aaron )
The nursing staff was amazing!! They always answered questions in a timely manner and were always very friendly
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The one thing I can think of is the wait time in the waiting room. Sometimes they were super fast but a few days I waited for over an hour for a blood draw. They didn’t check insurance information for the infection disease blood draw and almost made us pay $500 instead of going to quest for a lot cheaper (we were paying for everything out of pocket)
Medicine for iui was 400 each round. Iui were 2,000 each
He was willing to transfer up to two embryos if we wanted him to
Frisco
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Ku altered my protocol based on my last two unsuccessful rounds at my previous clinic. He gave me different meds, a higher dose and retrieved them later than my old Doctor....I had the best embryo I’d ever had...He communicated clearly and honestly....He didn’t rush us, gave us all the facts honestly but with kindness, he really was the best. He even gave me his personal cell for emergencies...
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku was incredible! He didn’t rush us, gave us all the facts honestly but with kindness, he really was the best. He even gave me his personal cell for emergencies. Who does that anymore?! We were so thankful we went to him for a second opinion.
Schedule a consult with him then make your decision. You won’t be disappointed!
Dr Ku was so kind, compassionate and well trained. He communicated clearly and honestly. He took his time and went out of his way to say hi.
Dr Ku altered my protocol based on my last two unsuccessful rounds at my previous clinic. He gave me different meds, a higher dose and retrieved them later than my old Doctor. I didn’t have more follicles but I had the best embryo I’d ever had which resulted in my daughter.
Each one had a specific job so they weren’t overworked. They were all knowledgeable and well trained and kind.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
This clinic had a top of the line facility. It was clean, inviting and had the best technology. The lab was even quality air controlled! The surgery center was equally amazing. The waiting room was inviting too.
Approximately $15,000
He let you choose.
Frisco
Dr Ku [of Dallas IVF] was the most compassionate dr me and my husband have been to, he was very concerned with us and very helpful with any questions we had. He was very proactive in our treatment and we cannot say enough good about him, we cannot wait to start our next treatment with him Dr. Ku was amazing, always makes you feel like you are the only person! He was extremely proactive and pin pointed my issues very quickly and got things done!
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr ku was the most compassionate dr me and my husband have been to, he was very concerned with us and very helpful with any questions we had. He was very proactive in our treatment and we cannot say enough good about him, we cannot wait to start our next treatment with him Dr. Ku was amazing, always makes you feel like you are the only person! He was extremely proactive and pin pointed my issues very quickly and got things done!
I loved everything about the clinic, everyone that works there is so kind and makes you feel important. They are always very prompt at getting you in quickly, the nurses i had experience with were above and beyond!
We did clomid, IUI, and a trigger shot and we got a positive pregnancy confirmation at our blood draw, sadly miscarried shortly after.
2012 - 2016
Dr. Ku is fantastic. Well educated in current technology, compassionate, and a great communicator. He gave me his cell number to call or text if I ever had a question or need after hours. He is fiercely dedicated to his patients... 1st round IVF - bcp, lupron, follistim, trigger, retrieval, ICSI, fresh transfer of 2 day 5 embryos. Resulted in my daughter. 2nd round - follistim, menopur, lupron, trigger, retrieval, ICSI, fresh transfer of 1 day 5 embryo with 1 to freeze. Chemical pregnancy. Frozen transfer 2 months later resulted in my son.
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
The care from Dr. Ku and his whole staff was personal, compassionate, and kind. Always recognized by name and doc and nurses knew my case when they came to talk with me for any appointment. Never had to check the chart half way through a visit. Dr. Ku is the most compassionate doctor I've seen for anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Charlie)
Nurse was great. Very professional. Entire staff is great. Stacy, the u/s tech is fantastic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
$3500 - retrieval, $3000 - transfer plus $500 - anesthesia and $3500-5000 for meds
Frisco
Very compassionate, I like that he’s [Dr. Lowell Ku] also been through IVF and is open about sharing that. Very well organized and good about calling me himself to follow up on any setbacks. Everyone I’ve encountered with this office is great.... Really seems to care, easy to contact after hours... So far, I've paid about $9k, will be another $3700 for transfer fee
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Very compassionate, I like that he’s also been through IVF and is open about sharing that. Very well organized and good about calling me himself to follow up on any setbacks. Everyone I’ve encountered with this office is great.
No advice but I would highly recommend
Really seems to care, easy to contact after hours
Mary is amazing, always going out of her way to answer questions of all kind.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I honestly haven't experienced any weaknesses, everyone is so nice and willing to help every step of the way. Clean, professional office. The only issue I had once is that the Frisco office where I normally go was undergoing renovations and no one called to tell me that I would need to go to the McKinney office for my appointment.
So far, I've paid about $9k, will be another $3700 for transfer fee
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I never felt rushed, my questions were always answered, and he [Dr. Lowell Ku] personally called me...most patient, kind, understanding doctor. He has personally undergone IVF with his wife twice so he understand it from another perspective. He always was honest with me about what was needed, treatment, and why he thought things would or wouldn’t work...Never be afraid to ask questions or feel like your taking up too much of his time.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku honestly is th most patient, kind, understanding doctor. He has personally undergone IVF with his wife twice so he understand it from another perspective. He always was honest with me about what was needed, treatment, and why he thought things would or wouldn’t work.
I never felt rushed, my questions were always answered, and he personally called me.
Most of them are amazing but of course as with any practice there are a few who don’t make your feel as comfortable
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Their front desk personal defiantly needs to be replaced they don’t make your feel very welcomed at times. It’s okay to be confused if you don’t know where the surgery center is. Everyone doesn’t at first. My husband says that their “sperm retrieval” area is awkward and need an update.
Iui was about 1500 per cycle IVF was 14000
Dr Ku prefers to do single embryo transfer due to the health risks of transferring multiples.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
My experience with Dr. Ku was stellar. He always made me feel comfortable, he is very genuine, explained everything to my level of understanding, and gave me success with 1 round of IVF. I was very sad when I "graduated" from his office and had to go to my OB's office. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Ku...The staff took the time to get to know me and develop a relationship...
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
be open-minded and never give up!
The staff took the time to get to know me and develop a relationship.
long Lupron protocol = successful IVF cycle
The nursing staff at Dallas IVF is outstanding. They are knowledgeable, efficient, compassionate, and really take the time to get to know you on a more personable level. They walk you through every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
good communication, organized, nurses provide good emotional support but would be nice if they provided additional resources for support.
$10,000 give or take a little for 1 IVF cycle not including medications
Other, Unexplained
He [Dr. Ku] was very caring. He took the time to get to know us and what we were wanting. He listened to our concerns and addresses them accordingly. He was always available and took time to call and check on us during the cycles....I took clomid as well as did shots. I had to take multiple rounds of shots to get the desired size of eggs....They [Dallas IVF] spent time with us really explaining everything....Very nice clinic. Clean and well cared for.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He was very caring. He took the time to get to know us and what we were wanting. He listened to our concerns and addresses them accordingly. He was always available and took time to call and check on us during the cycles.
Be completely open.
They spent time with us really explaining everything.
Very sweet
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Very nice clinic. Clean and well cared for.
Over 9k. Each time. Insurance only covered ultrasounds and blood work
Na
Frisco
we enjoyed Dr Ku and he was very personable and accepting and willing to work with us on what we wanted to do. He was upfront with risks and we got the result we wanted which was a successful multiples pregnancy...Dr Ku is a believer of retrieving eggs and then giving your body a break by freezing the embryos and doing the transfer later. I thought this was great as it allowed the body to heal.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Start early with the process and don't wait to go. The sooner the better
The staff was great and was the reason we chose DallasIVF over some other clinics that we interviewed.
Based on the quality of the eggs the first time we just did a single embryo transfer to reduce the risk of multiples. After that failed he was open to doing multiple eggs which is what we had hoped for.