Lubna Pal

New Haven
150 Sargent Drive
New Haven, CT 06511
203-785-4708
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lubna Pal to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Yale University to a friend?
2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Lubna Pal at Yale University?
Dr. Pal is organized and knows her numbers. She will be upfront and honest about the likelihood of things working or not. She gives her opinions in a professional way but also makes you feel like you as a patient are being heard and values your thoughts. She guided me through my first ectopic pregnancy - an awful experience and is the only doctor thus far to succeed. I owe everything to this woman - I am a mother to the best little 4 year old boy. She was so elated with us when it worked. I just felt like her heart was in the right place all along.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lubna Pal at Yale University?
Go in for the consult - give her a chance. She is an amazing physician - she is brilliant but down to earth. She has an excellent bedside manner and truly cares about her patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lubna Pal at Yale University?
Dr. Pal had a wonderful bedside manner. She came into each meeting together (whether it was a meeting to chat or an ultrasound), remembering me, my case and being empathetic and kind. She was very positive from the beginning that I would be successful which in truth helped my overall mindset. She was wonderful to work with.
Describe the protocols Lubna Pal used in your cycles at Yale University and their degree of success.
Antagonist- mini stim Menopur 150 iu Ganerelix 75 iu Trigger (prenyl? I can’t remember what brand name now) Vaginal suppositories of Progesterone 3x per day I did 8 nights of stims, added in 2 nights of stims plus ganerlix and then 1 night where I triggered. Retrieval was 36.5 hours after trigger. It was the quickest and easiest cycle and gave me my best result.
The overall demeanor of the nurses was kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Yale University.
The only issue I ever had was at times longer wait times. This was rare and somewhat to be expected. If you have to work and are doing IVF - try to be first in line for morning monitoring because it can get a little hectic (but all clinics can).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Yale University.
Just be prepared and go early. Some days were worse than others - everyone waits to go in on the weekend but then it can get really busy. Not unusual in my experience with three different clinics but something to be aware of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lubna Pal at Yale University.
In 2013, I believe one round of IVF was roughly 11k. My insurance covered this and some of my meds. Our out of pocket cost was roughly $1,200 and it was the best money we’ve ever spent.
Describe Lubna Pal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Yale University.
Dr. Pal encouraged us to do an ESET due to my age at the time (28). We elected to put two embryos in and got pregnant with a singleton.
Lubna Pal