RMA of New York

Medical SchoolRoyal College of Surgeons (Ireland)
ResidencyMount Sinai
FellowshipMount Sinai
594 Broadway, Suite 1011
212-906-7900
NY – Mount Sinai
5 East 98th Street, 2nd Floor
212-906-7900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lucky Sekhon to a friend?

5.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New York to a friend?
Dr. Sekhon is incredibly kind and caring. She's able to deliver hard news thoughtfully and explain why and how certain things are happening in a clear way. Dr. Sekhon treated my husband and me as if we were her friends or family -- when we got bad news, she called us right away and when we got good news, she was cheering in our corner...We started off doing two IUIs, which were both negative, and then moved on to IVF. Dr. Sekhon closely monitored my protocol as PCOS can put me at high risk for OHSS, but everything was smooth. She was caring and thoughtful during our appointments and in every email exchange and phone call we had. After one failed transfer, we ended up doing a second retrieval and a second transfer, and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. While it was a long eight months and one of the most challenging points in my life, I would do it all over again in a minute and much of that is attributed to Dr. Sekhon.
I adore Connie [nurse at RMA of NY] -- she was there for us every step of the way. I looked forward to her calls every day after monitoring and she answered all of my crazy questions and emails kindly and thoughtfully...It can be a bit of a wait for monitoring depending on what time you arrive, but once you are seen, it's very quick...Everyone from the front desk team to the nurses to all of the doctors are professional, kind and caring. The clinic has a great reputation and I know a number of friends who have experienced success there as well. The only drawback is that depending on the time that you arrive for monitoring hours, it can be a bit of a wait.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
My husband I are so grateful for Dr. Sekhon. After being diagnosed with PCOS, we knew we needed help getting pregnant and Dr. Sekhon came highly recommended. In our first meeting, she took the time to clearly outline the entire process and all of our options while answering every single hypothetical question we had. We started off doing two IUIs, which were both negative, and then moved on to IVF. Dr. Sekhon closely monitored my protocol as PCOS can put me at high risk for OHSS, but everything was smooth. She was caring and thoughtful during our appointments and in every email exchange and phone call we had. After one failed transfer, we ended up doing a second retrieval and a second transfer, and I'm now 10 weeks pregnant. While it was a long eight months and one of the most challenging points in my life, I would do it all over again in a minute and much of that is attributed to Dr. Sekhon.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask a lot of questions! In my experience, you receive more information if you ask for it. Most doctors don't offer every point of detail but Dr. Sekhon will certainly take the time to explain the way things work if you show that you're interested and want to understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
For both of the IUIs, I was on Letrozole and then Ovidrel as the trigger shot. For IVF, I was on a combination of Gonal, Menopur, and Cetrotide and then the Lupron Trigger Shot. The dosages of the medications differed between the two IVF protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie and Jennifer)
I adore Connie -- she was there for us every step of the way. I looked forward to her calls every day after monitoring and she answered all of my crazy questions and emails kindly and thoughtfully. Her care and compassion made the entire process so much better!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Overall, we had a great experience at RMA. Everyone from the front desk team to the nurses to all of the doctors are professional, kind and caring. The clinic has a great reputation and I know a number of friends who have experienced success there as well. The only drawback is that depending on the time that you arrive for monitoring hours, it can be a bit of a wait.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I know many people say that it's a cattle call, but I never felt that way. It is certainly a busy clinic, but I think that's attributed to their success and how many people want to be under RMA's care. It can be a bit of a wait for monitoring depending on what time you arrive, but once you are seen, it's very quick.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
Thankfully, my insurance covered every procedure and the medication.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sekhon told us that for my age (under 35) and good health, it wasn't necessary to do multiple embryo transfers.
NY - Eastside
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
When we spoke to Dr. Sekhon, she was warm and informative and great. But we rarely spoke to her unless we emailed to reach out proactively.... Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).... Visit the downtown office in Soho if you want to see her. You need to actively email her and set up a call to really gain clarity.
RMA is a factory and we are all just a number. There is no link between IVF coordinators and finance which resulted in miscommunication between them to me, and I had to pay for my first cycle out of pocket as we were still waiting for insurance approval. There have been other instances where a nurse called and told me to "take the trigger tonight, and see you on Sunday for the IUI" without mention of timing for either!
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We really like Dr. Sekhon when we speak with her, but it's rare. Our issue is mainly with RMA and how its run and the human error that occurs with the nurses on an almost regular basis. Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).
First protocol was Gonal F + Menopur + Microdose Lupron which resulted in 4 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 sent for PGS. Second protocol included estrogen patch + Gonal F + Menopur which resulted in 2 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 fresh transfer.
Our lead IVF coordinator was amazing. But the nurses that called with information each time after a morning monitoring were sometimes not clear with instructions / next steps.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Can be a long wait but it's pretty expected so not a huge issue
approx 14k per ivf cycle not including meds
RMA does not practice multiple embryo transfer (or at least it was not an option given to me, although in conversations after my failed transfer, Dr Sekhon said she would petition to their board to consider a multiple embryo transfer with my history)
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
NY - Westside
+ Read more- Read less

At the end of the day, my IVF procedure worked and I am pregnant. I transitioned to Dr. Sekhon from a doctor who left the clinic and the transition was messy and often fraught with bad communication and lack of compassion...she’s not going to offer up the info if you don’t. Push back if something doesn’t feel right or clear to you. She is better over the phone than via email... treated me on a very ‘need to know’ basis. I felt often I didn’t have all the information and that she didn’t take into account the emotional toll of fertility treatments and the overwhelming waterfall of decision making that comes with if.
RMA doesn’t really allow the conversation of having more than one egg transferred OR discounting subsequent transfer cycles for patients under 35...At times in the process you can definitely feel that RMA is more concerned with their own stats than your individual patient case. They are rigid in their standards (which are top notch) but sometimes to a fault..The phlebotomist is really great at RMA! Also shoutout to Nurse Melissa who is lovely and often went above and beyond. I felt she explained things to me in a way doctor Sekhon was not capable of and always showed compassion. The coordinator, Jennifer, is sweet and was helpful but definitely inexperienced.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask all the questions- she’s not going to offer up the info if you don’t. Push back if something doesn’t feel right or clear to you. She is better over the phone than via email.
Dr. Sekhon treated me on a very ‘need to know’ basis. I felt often I didn’t have all the information and that she didn’t take into account the emotional toll of fertility treatments and the overwhelming waterfall of decision making that comes with if.
I believe I did the antagonist protocol and had to do 13 days of shoes because my follicles took awhile to develop.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a cattle call and often created conflicts with work because they were completely inflexible. The front desk admin sent out bloodwork for the day multiple times before monitoring hours were over, leading to issues with same day results.
I had insurance coverage that was capped at $10k for lifetime maximum so paid a few thousand out of pocket at least . I was ultimately able to get my medications covered but only because someone from Glow suggested I fight for it.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Sekhon] really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient and really goes out of her way to make sure that she answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable. ... She always responds to emails or calls in a super timely manner. She never makes you feel silly for asking questions and always respects when you advocate for yourself.
Its [RMA of New York] small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. ... The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little. She's not the best and could be friendlier. ... The nurses on Dr Sekhon's staff are great. They always call you right back. They are very informed and answers questions with ease.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon is such a breath of fresh air compare to my last RE. She is kind, respectful, detailed in her responses and generally seems to care. She never makes you feel like you are a number. She really knows what she is talking about and is on top of all the latest studies and treatment options. She never just does something because that is just what is typically done. She really seems to tailor her conversations and treatments to the specific patient and really goes out of her way to make sure that she answers all your questions and makes you feel comfortable. She has also been through IVF herself so she actually knows what her patients are going through physically and mentally. I cannot recommend her more.
Be completely open and honest with her. Tell her all the supplements you are taking, she will tell you which ones you actually need, unlike many who say you don't need to take anything. Ask her lots of questions in general. She will answer them all even if they seem ridiculous.
Dr Sekhon really takes the time to talk to you and work with you on your treatments. She always responds to emails or calls in a super timely manner. She never makes you feel silly for asking questions and always respects when you advocate for yourself. She just really gets it and understands its not just the infertility that needs to be treated, its also the anxiety that goes along with it. She works really hard to set your mind at ease. She doesn't sugarcoat, but she is also not cold and matter of fact like many RE's are.
We have only done one clomid iui cycle with her that was unsuccessful. We are currently on our second cycle of clomid and waiting for the iui. The first cycle Dr Sekhon prescribed clomid to us after blood work on CD3 then had me come back on cycle day 10 for a scan trigger shot and iui the next day. I did feel it was a little early, but I was seeing another dr in her practice that morning so didn't have a chance to discuss. I voiced my concerns and this round we are doing scans and blood work to make absolutely sure its the the right time to trigger. Dr Sekhon had absolutely no problem at all with tailoring the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie Schmidt )
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I see Dr Sekhon at the Downtown location. Its small and never overcrowded. I get in and out of the office quickly. Monitoring hours could be a little earlier. 7:30 is a little late. I have heard the midtown east location can be a bit of a cattle call, but I think that is true for just about every practice at the larger locations. The receptionist at the downtown location could brush up on her people skills a little. She's not the best and could be friendlier.
I haven't done IVF yet so I am not sure what the total cost is, but iui was $350.
She said because we already had one child she recommends one embryo transfer since we do not want to have more than 2 kids.

9 Eggs Frozen
Dr Sekhon is extremely personable. In my first consultation, she sat down with me for some time and explained the egg freezing process in great detail. She really listened to my concerns, did not try to sell me, and was honest about outcomes in a way that was backed by numbers...she treated me with care, compassion and understanding...The only things I would have liked more detail on upfront were -do not plan to travel during the injection process since you'll need to get checked on weekends too -no exercise or sex 2 weeks after retrieval...Early on, we were concerned one ovary was not responding and that we would have to postpone one month, but, then, it quickly caught up.
[The staff at RMA of New York were] super helpful and available for questions at all points...[Monitoring appointments were] On time which is appreciated!...$13,500 [Egg Freezing]...I was very impressed with RMA's friendly staff which ran on-time. The staff even works on the weekends. The practice is trusted by many patients. Be ready for daily blood work and ultrasounds. I had a great experience and recommend RMA to everyone as it was recommended to me by my OB/GYN...Early on, we were concerned one ovary was not responding and that we would have to postpone one month, but, then, it quickly caught up.
9 Eggs Frozen
European, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I loved Dr Sekhon. Egg freezing is such a big risk emotionally and financially, and she treated me with care, compassion and understanding. I am recommending her and the egg freezing process to everyone.It was painless, did not take much time daily, and offers extreme peace of mind. The only things I would have liked more detail on upfront were -do not plan to travel during the injection process since you'll need to get checked on weekends too -no exercise or sex 2 weeks after retrieval
The shots are not painful. I'm scared of needles and I could do them solo.
Dr Sekhon is extremely personable. In my first consultation, she sat down with me for some time and explained the egg freezing process in great detail. She really listened to my concerns, did not try to sell me, and was honest about outcomes in a way that was backed by numbers. During the 10-day injection process, I had questions about dosage twice and RMA's nurse hotline answered immediately.
lupron twice a day for 10 days menopur once a day for 10 days follistem pen once a day for 10 days Early on, we were concerned one ovary was not responding and that we would have to postpone one month, but, then, it quickly caught up.
super helpful and available for questions at all points
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
On time which is appreciated!
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Sekhon is absolutely amazing, I would recommend her to anyone who had to go through this process. You can tell from her bedside manner, alone, that she genuinely cares and is supportive of ensuring that you receive the best results possible. She also is extremely responsive on email, which I really appreciated since I had a lot of questions! She is also just such a nice person and makes you feel very cared for. She made this process a great experience for me and if I have to do it again I will only use her!...She is extremely detailed and thorough, and goes out of her way to make sure that her patients understand every step of the process.
I spent most of my time at the East Side location [of RMA of New York] - the team there was very thorough and took their time to assist with whatever questions \ needs I had. The team at SoHo was also great, but sometimes I felt a little bit more rushed or cramped in at that office...My experience with the nursing staff at the East Side and SoHo locations were both great. Everyone was very caring and compassionate, and you never felt rushed. I usually ended up having the same nurses, so it was that much better having familiar faces!...Dr. Sekhon is absolutely amazing, I would recommend her to anyone who had to go through this process. You can tell from her bedside manner, alone, that she genuinely cares and is supportive of ensuring that you receive the best results possible. She also is extremely responsive on email, which I really appreciated since I had a lot of questions! She is also just such a nice person and makes you feel very cared for. She made this process a great experience for me and if I have to do it again I will only use her!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is the most patient, considerate and caring doctor I have ever been a patient of. She is extremely detailed and thorough, and goes out of her way to make sure that her patients understand every step of the process. She is truly remarkable and made my experience enjoyable and easy to understand!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I spent most of my time at the East Side location - the team there was very thorough and took their time to assist with whatever questions \ needs I had. The team at SoHo was also great, but sometimes I felt a little bit more rushed or cramped in at that office.
NY - Eastside
40 Eggs Frozen
[The nurses at RMA of New York were] Nice and efficient...Strengths: locations all around Manhattan; well established clinic made me feel like I was in good hands; everyone at clinic was very responsive. Weaknesses: videos showing how to administer treatments were just okay...[Dr. Lucky Sekhon is a] Great doctor! I felt like I was in excellent hands the entire time. During consultation she gave me a thorough understanding of the process and risks, she was kind and compassionate, and she was available (and responsive) by email during my entire experience. I have already recommended her to 3 friends... made an effort to get to know me. Every time I saw her, she checked in to see how I was doing and asked me questions about my life (outside of questions related to the medical treatment)
40 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon made an effort to get to know me. Every time I saw her, she checked in to see how I was doing and asked me questions about my life (outside of questions related to the medical treatment).
Nice and efficient