6.4
6.4

Good

Royal College of Surgeons (Ireland)
Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai

Lucky Sekhon works in 2 offices at

NY - Downtown
594 Broadway
NY - Mount Sinai
5 East 98th St

At the end of the day, my IVF procedure worked and I am pregnant. I transitioned to Dr. Sekhon from a doctor who left the clinic and the transition was messy and often fraught with bad communication and lack of compassion...she’s not going to offer up the info if you don’t. Push back if something doesn’t feel right or clear to you. She is better over the phone than via email... treated me on a very ‘need to know’ basis. I felt often I didn’t have all the information and that she didn’t take into account the emotional toll of fertility treatments and the overwhelming waterfall of decision making that comes with if.
RMA doesn’t really allow the conversation of having more than one egg transferred OR discounting subsequent transfer cycles for patients under 35...At times in the process you can definitely feel that RMA is more concerned with their own stats than your individual patient case. They are rigid in their standards (which are top notch) but sometimes to a fault..The phlebotomist is really great at RMA! Also shoutout to Nurse Melissa who is lovely and often went above and beyond. I felt she explained things to me in a way doctor Sekhon was not capable of and always showed compassion. The coordinator, Jennifer, is sweet and was helpful but definitely inexperienced.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask all the questions- she’s not going to offer up the info if you don’t. Push back if something doesn’t feel right or clear to you. She is better over the phone than via email.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon treated me on a very ‘need to know’ basis. I felt often I didn’t have all the information and that she didn’t take into account the emotional toll of fertility treatments and the overwhelming waterfall of decision making that comes with if.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I believe I did the antagonist protocol and had to do 13 days of shoes because my follicles took awhile to develop.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It was a cattle call and often created conflicts with work because they were completely inflexible. The front desk admin sent out bloodwork for the day multiple times before monitoring hours were over, leading to issues with same day results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
I had insurance coverage that was capped at $10k for lifetime maximum so paid a few thousand out of pocket at least . I was ultimately able to get my medications covered but only because someone from Glow suggested I fight for it.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The clinic and transition between doctors felt at times messy. In particular, the receptionist/admin had a terrible attitude and was hard to navigate.
NY - Downtown

When we spoke to Dr. Sekhon, she was warm and informative and great. But we rarely spoke to her unless we emailed to reach out proactively.... Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).... Visit the downtown office in Soho if you want to see her. You need to actively email her and set up a call to really gain clarity.
RMA is a factory and we are all just a number. There is no link between IVF coordinators and finance which resulted in miscommunication between them to me, and I had to pay for my first cycle out of pocket as we were still waiting for insurance approval. There have been other instances where a nurse called and told me to "take the trigger tonight, and see you on Sunday for the IUI" without mention of timing for either!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We really like Dr. Sekhon when we speak with her, but it's rare. Our issue is mainly with RMA and how its run and the human error that occurs with the nurses on an almost regular basis. Dr. Sekhon is very informative and when we speak with her, she is thorough in her responses (vs on email sometimes we have to ask multiple questions to gain full clarity).
First protocol was Gonal F + Menopur + Microdose Lupron which resulted in 4 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 sent for PGS. Second protocol included estrogen patch + Gonal F + Menopur which resulted in 2 retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI and 1 fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Our lead IVF coordinator was amazing. But the nurses that called with information each time after a morning monitoring were sometimes not clear with instructions / next steps.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Can be a long wait but it's pretty expected so not a huge issue
approx 14k per ivf cycle not including meds
RMA does not practice multiple embryo transfer (or at least it was not an option given to me, although in conversations after my failed transfer, Dr Sekhon said she would petition to their board to consider a multiple embryo transfer with my history)
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
They have called without giving me full information. I also learned that the nurse told me one thing about my embroys and later on the doctor said that was not the right information.
NY - Westside