6.4
6.4

Good

Royal College of Surgeons (Ireland)
Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai

Lucky Sekhon works in 2 offices at

594 Broadway
NY - Mount Sinai
5 East 98th St

2022, 16 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Sekhon] really listened to me and made me feel totally comfortable asking questions. I felt like a person vs. just another number. I appreciated how practical she is. I'm a worrier, but she put me at ease which is not an easy feat...She never made me feel rushed and I always felt that she really cared about ensuring I was comfortable...standard egg freezing cycle. I responded well the medication and completed my cycle within 10 days...
I found the whole staff [at RMA of New York] very caring and willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt in reaching out and I always felt at ease...Great location with nice facilities (love the downtown location), efficient (rarely had to wait more than 15-20 min during monitoring to have my ultrasound), friendly (even the blood-taking tech put me at ease about the needles I'd be using)...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I met Dr. Lucky around my 31st birthday and decided at the time to hold off on egg freezing for a couple more years. Around my 33rd, I was no longer living in NYC and considered another, nationally known clinic - I had a horrible, disorganized experience and did not proceed with treatment. Several girlfriends had gone to Dr. Lucky and rated their experience 10/10 so I decided to make the journey to NY to work with her. It was absolutely worth it. She really listened to me and made me feel totally comfortable asking questions. I felt like a person vs. just another number. I appreciated how practical she is. I'm a worrier, but she put me at ease which is not an easy feat! No hesitation, she's the only fertility doctor I'd go to!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions! Be open about what you're concerned about and ask all the questions you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lucky made me felt taken care of every step of the way. She never made me feel rushed and I always felt that she really cared about ensuring I was comfortable. The whole staff at RMA was wonderful.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had a standard egg freezing cycle. I responded well the medication and completed my cycle within 10 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
I found the whole staff very caring and willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt in reaching out and I always felt at ease.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
I had Progyny which covered the majority of costs.

2021 - 2022, 23 Eggs Frozen
RMA is a well-oiled machine - they know what they're doing. Despite being a big practice, it was easy for me to reach my care team and everyone I spoke with throughout the process was calm and helpful...They [nurses] called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I went through what was fortunately a very straightforward egg freezing cycle with Dr. Sekhon. The initial consultation appointment was very thorough, and left me with a clear idea of what to reasonably expect for someone freezing at my age (37). I saw Dr. Sekhon several times during my cycle, and each time, even during very brief monitoring appointments, she expertly balanced the straightforward sharing of information about how the cycle was progressing with empathy and care. I was grateful that she was easy to reach with questions, and honest about both the potential and limitations of the freezing process. Her care and that of her team made a daunting process very manageable.
I had to book several weeks out for both my initial consultation and follow up appointment, so be prepared for a possible wait. The time in the appointments moves quickly, and there's a lot of information to process - preparing questions beforehand will help you ensure you have all the info you need (and you can also email her if you need to follow up).
Dr. Sekhon gave a thorough overview of the egg freezing process, and made sure I knew how to reach her and her team with any follow up questions. She responded quickly to my questions, and her team was friendly and easy to reach, which helped make the process very smooth.
I had a very straightforward treatment plan for my egg retrieval - Gonal-F and Menopur for 8-9 days, followed by a trigger shot. Dr. Sekhon attenuated the medication after my monitoring appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They called me after every monitoring appointment, and all my calls and questions were returned and answered quickly and calmly. Their clear communication made the process run smoothly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I was glad to be able to go into the clinic most convenient to my home during monitoring hours - I had to wait about 10 minutes once or twice, but it wasn't a big deal, and once I got in I was finished in under ten minutes.
The cycle and included appointments was $9,500, the anesthesia for the retrieval was $950, the medications were approximately $5,500.

2022, Consult
it’s also comforting to know she [Dr. Sekhon] went through this exact process herself...She took an hour just to walk us through the biology & science behind IVF and in very clear ways for my husband and I to understand. She herself opted for embryo banking in order to preserve fertility, which is what my husband and I are looking to do, so it’s also comforting to know she went through this exact process herself...
[RMA of New York] Very organized and there are several locations for convenience. The Madison Ave location was very clean. Haven’t really come across any weaknesses as of yet but I have only been through my consultation...[nurse was] Very friendly, sweet and organized and asked what she could do to enhance our experience...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is amazing. She took an hour just to walk us through the biology & science behind IVF and in very clear ways for my husband and I to understand. She herself opted for embryo banking in order to preserve fertility, which is what my husband and I are looking to do, so it’s also comforting to know she went through this exact process herself. Another quick note, I had originally had an appt. set with another RMA Dr, but after reading reviews, I really wanted to work with De Sekhon, but her earliest appt wasn’t until Nov. She is very active on social media so I sent her an IG DM asking if she thought it would be too risky to wait until then since I have a looming 37th birthday in November - she responded so fast offering me a more immediate appt. since she had a cancelation from another patient who was already pregnant. Just another above and beyond action. She’s great!
Have all of your questions ready because she will absolutely give you the time to ask them
Dr. Sekhon is amazing. She took an hour just to walk us through the biology & science behind IVF and in very clear ways for my husband and I to understand. She herself opted for embryo banking in order to preserve fertility, which is what my husband and I are looking to do, so it’s also comforting to know she went through this exact process herself. I highly recommend her to anyone!
Have not started anything yet but on track to proceed with IVF for embryo banking. We did bloodwork on the first visit and my husband will go back in a week or so for semen analysis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kyra)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
$60 copay for Consultation but treatment will run me somewhere around $20k because insurance does not cover embryo banking unless you are deemed infertile, but I am doing this to prolong my fertility since I’m not yet ready to have a child but am close to 37. Sad that insurance doesn’t see a need to cover cost if you are simply not ready. The $20k doesn’t include $4k frozen embryo transfer.

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Sekhon] Seemed to understand my fear of time not being on my side for having children. Asked me how many kids I would like to have at initial consultation to know how to proceed treatment wise. Responded in a timely manner to all my emails. She called me personally to give me my positive pregnancy result which was unexpected and very appreciated...[her] approach was single embryo transfer...While she has many patients, I felt like my infertility struggle mattered
Strengths [of RMA New York] Early morning scan appointments making before work appointments possible. Multiple bloodwork fast and efficient. Helpful, easy to reach staff. Phone calls explaining results along with emails explaining medication instructions...responded to all my questions in a very timely manner. Weaknesses: mixup's can happen with co-pays. Ask for invoices to keep track.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
She was kind, informative, knows her stuff! I always felt like I was in good hands. While she has many patients, I felt like my infertility struggle mattered. I consider myself lucky to have been referred to her.
Make an appointment for a consultation if you are struggling trying to conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
My care coordinator was responded to all my questions in a very timely manner. Very caring and respectful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Early morning scan appointments making before work appointments possible. Multiple bloodwork fast and efficient. Helpful, easy to reach staff. Phone calls explaining results along with emails explaining medication instructions. Weaknesses: mixup's can happen with co-pays. Ask for invoices to keep track.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments ran like a well oiled machine. Blood work then within minutes I was always called to a room for my monitoring. Hours started early so I was able to go to work right after my appointments.
Around 7K
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
My doctor's approach was single embryo transfer.

2021 - 2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Sekhon is] Very knowledgeable and took the time to further investigate my particular situation and getting the appropriate clearance to have the retrieval so there were no complications. I felt like i could trust her and she genuinely cared...She was very thorough and took the time to check in with me via email before and after the retrieval
[the RMA of NY nurse] was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions...Loved the downtown location. They were always polite and well organized. They always ran on time and i never felt like a number. The Uptown location wasn’t as personal. It was always very crowded and i had to wait a while every time i went
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don’t hesitate to ask her questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Mauli, for part of it before she left )
Mauli was really great but after she left i didn’t have one direct contact so it did get a little confusing in terms of who i needed to reach out to for questions
$1100 for procedure and $7k for meds
2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] was very forthcoming with the factual aspects of the treatment while being sensitive and supportive during my IVF cycle...I felt assured I was in good hands throughout my treatment. She explained everything and was always helpful when I had questions. Also, she was very sensitive while breaking the news of a failed embryo transfer...
It’s a great clinic [RMA of New York] where you can reach out to doctors or nurses at any time. They are very detail-oriented and ensure that you are aware of all steps throughout the treatment. The only weakness would be the wait time sometimes during regular monitoring...They [nurses] were extremely helpful With communicating the instructions for treatment...
Trust her judgment.
She was very forthcoming with the factual aspects of the treatment while being sensitive and supportive during my IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were extremely helpful With communicating the instructions for treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It’s a great clinic where you can reach out to doctors or nurses at any time. They are very detail-oriented and ensure that you are aware of all steps throughout the treatment. The only weakness would be the wait time sometimes during regular monitoring.
2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was warm, intelligent and so thoughtful. I completely trusted the process and her recommendations. Throughout all cycles, I always knew what were my risks, expectations, next steps and possible outcomes...would reach out with checks ins. They were also always available to talk and answer any questions...Make sure to speak to your partner before beginning the process.
The [RMA of New York] clinic is efficient and friendly. They also allow times before standard work hours and are open on the weekends. Also, lab results come in very quickly and the office is always available to pick up a call and help...Dr. Sekhon and her team would reach out with checks ins. They were also always available to talk and answer any questions.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Make sure to speak to your partner before beginning the process.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is efficient and friendly. They also allow times before standard work hours and are open on the weekends. Also, lab results come in very quickly and the office is always available to pick up a call and help.

2021 - 2022, 26 Eggs Frozen
each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that [Dr. Sekhon] remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort...took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic [RMA of New York] ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for...It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Without knowing it, Dr. Sekhon convinced me to move forward with egg freezing when I watched a presentation that she had given on the subject. When I met her and started working with her as my doctor, she was every much the champion of female fertility that I hoped she would be. She took the time to make sure that I thoroughly understood ins and outs of egg freezing. But more importantly to me, she made me feel comfortable throughout the process. After running into some physical difficulty during one of my consultations she insisted on putting my comfort first and gave me options to successfully continue treatment.
Even though my treatment did not require a lot of interaction with Dr. Sekhon herself, each time we met our conversations made it clear to me that she remembered who I was and what was unique about my situation. I never felt as though I had to remind her about something that may have been trivial as it related to the medical treatment but was important to my level of comfort. Her team was very responsive and helpful in guiding me on this journey. They took my questions seriously and never made me feel shy about asking.
My treatment strategy was pretty straight forward. Dr. Sekhon was diligent in monitoring and adjusting my hormone levels from day to day. As a result, we were able to retrieve more mature eggs than I could have hoped for.
The nursing team at RMA made me feel cared for and in good hands. Even when there was a small mix up with one of my appointments, I only had positive interactions with the team. They were responsive to my questions and requests and never made me feel as if I was out on a ledge.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I was blown away by how smoothly the clinic ran. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be called in for my appointment and was usually in and out within 20 minutes. Everyone I interacted with made me feel cared for. On the one occasion that I had to wait a little longer than usual in the exam room, a nurse came in to make sure that I was okay and to give me an update. It was also evident to me that the doctors and nurses shared information well as it related to my appointments so I did not need to reexplain my situation to each nurse or doctor that I interacted with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
The clinic has monitoring hours but, they also allowed you to schedule your time. I never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen after my arrival and was usually out the door in 15-20 minutes. It was very efficient but also done with care.
I am fortunate to have employer provided fertility benefits that made the process very affordable relative to my income.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I picked RMA of New York because of their reputation - the SART results, which you should absolutely look up for the most recent data, and the reviews from those who had gone there before me...RMA takes a radically different approach to helping someone conceive: it was tailored to me specifically, precise, innovative and, well, incredibly successful
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon took the time to review our (me & my husband's) history trying to conceive. She patiently reviewed our options with us, and she was generous with her time answering our (many) questions about the right way forward. I felt like she cared about overall well-being throughout the process in addition to the specifically fertility-related issues. After trying 8 IVF cycles in Australia, where we live, going with an unknown doctor and clinic in NYC was a huge leap for us, but Dr. Sekhon was fantastic and made us feel safe. We believe that we received the best, most innovative care from her.
As a prospective patient who is trying to conceive, I feel the number one thing you want is a knowledgeable and caring doctor who will give you the best chance to have a baby. My experience with Dr. Sekhon is that she is absolutely that doctor: incredibly professional and kind, she is up on all the latest developments in ART.
Dr. Sekhon got to know me while I was her patient - my history trying to conceive, but also my bigger life story. I felt like she genuinely understood and cared about me. I also felt like she was the absolute right doctor to help us conceive.
Amazingly I only had to do one donor egg cycle (fresh transfer) with Dr. Sekhon, as I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant. The cycle involved a birth control priming period of a few weeks, followed by Lupron Depot, estrace (estradiol), and later on a couple forms of progesterone. I believe the Lupron was to gain control of my menstrual cycle and time it with the egg donor's, and the remaining hormones (estrogen & progesterone) were to support implantation and early pregnancy. I remained on the estrace, prometrium and endometrin (both progesterone) for about 4-5 weeks into the pregnancy. The most important detail, I think, is that this resulted in a positive pregnancy test and has continued into a healthy active pregnancy (14 weeks now).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
Not to sound overly dramatic, but Dara was a life saver throughout this complicated process: she assisted us in the selection of a donor, and then was incredibly organized and clearly communicated with me on a daily basis about medication and procedure scheduling. I definitely felt like I could tell or ask her anything - she always promptly responded to me with respect and care. I was actually kinda sad to "graduate" from her care, but obviously happy as it meant I was finally pregnant!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I picked RMA of New York because of their reputation - the SART results, which you should absolutely look up for the most recent data, and the reviews from those who had gone there before me. Though I'm originally from New York City, I live all the way in Australia now, which complicates an already complex donor egg IVF process - RMA went out of their way to work with us, in our +14 hour time zone from New York, and guide us through the process. Once we were in NYC, we were able to go to whichever clinic location was most convenient for us, and I ended up seeing all of them I think! Every RMA of NY clinic was spotless and bright, full of professional staffers who filled me with confidence. Everyone I communicated with, from nurses to finance to my doctor, was fantastic. I really only have the highest praise for them. I went into this cycle with RMA with honestly diminished expectations - we had tried 8 times in Australia already with no luck. We very quickly realized that RMA takes a radically different approach to helping someone conceive: it was tailored to me specifically, precise, innovative and, well, incredibly successful. It was a leap from what we had experienced in our home country, and it was well worth the journey halfway around the world!
I felt really fortunate with the financial costs of my care at RMA as my health insurance covered a large portion of it as in-network. A fresh donor cycle is expensive, though, so you should be prepared to pay out of pocket for the donor's compensation. All of this was clearly explained to us by RMA.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well...Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly...available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed...
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator [at RMA of New York] and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support...RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently...you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent communicator, obviously an expert (always brought data and insight to our conversations), and she is funny and approachable as well. She's obviously very passionate about serving her community of patients and was super available over email whenever I had questions about anything. Dr. Sekhon listened carefully whenever I reported any symptoms or reactions to medications and adjusted accordingly. I've already recommended her to two other friends who are patients of hers now as well. I'm very fortunate that she has been my doctor. My experience with Dr. Sekhon and her team was great.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and to clarify! Dr. Sekhon is very patient and knowledgable but she can't know what you are thinking or worrying about unless you tell her.
Dr. Sekhon and her nurse team (Jennifer was great as well) were with me through the two years of cycles that we managed. They counseled me, were available over email all the time and always made me feel valued and informed.
The protocol varied for egg retrieval versus embryo transfer. For the transfer (which was successful on the first try - amazing), I was placed on progesterone (injected) and estrogen (pills twice a day). After the transfer, Dr. Sekhon needed to increase my progesterone and added progesterone pills (vaginal) and increased estrogen to 3x a day. Obviously, I've been extremely fortunate so far and the transfer has resulted in an active pregnancy (nearing the end of my first trimester).
Jennifer was my primary care coordinator and was also with me through 2 years of treatment. She was extremely responsive, great communicator, really knowledgeable and a wonderful support.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a big machine that functions extremely efficiently. It's staffed with excellent doctors and nurses and you always feel you have some of the best working on your procedures. Please know that because of working hours, etc., if you have a more demanding job that is less flexible, that means that you might not always see your primary doctor but you will always be able to accommodate your schedule. I often went to monitoring appointments as early as 6:45 AM to accommodate my work schedule and it was so refreshing to be able to do that and have that level of flexibility. It also meant that i didn't have to explain any absences or tell anyone at work unless I chose to do so. Big staff and big operation but great people.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This was an efficient, well-oiled machine and was extremely accommodating to my personal work schedule.
Given the lack of any known fertility issues, Dr. Sekhon felt a single embryo transfer would be fine and she was correct.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon made the time to listen and made us feel like our input matter, while she provided professional and helpful advice. It seemed as if she was always on top of our case, making necessary and timely changes to our treatment and advocating for next moves that felt best aligned with our interests....She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year.
RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience....nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
My ob-gyn recommended Dr. Sekhon, and my husband and I were very glad we went to see her and felt we were in good hands since the initial consult. Being new to the whole process, I was honestly a little overwhelmed at first, but Dr. Sekhon was professional and educational about what our treatment would look like and took the time to clearly explain the process and plan. She never tried to push the plan, which we appreciated. During our journey, our situation had changed, and Dr. Sekhon quickly realized we needed a change in plan. She was on top of our situation and advocated for us within the clinic so that we were prepped and ready for an IVF cycle before the window closed for the year. After a successful IVF cycle, Dr. Sekhon was patient with answering MANY of my questions about pregnancy. Overall, my husband and I thought Dr. Sekhon was trustworthy and dependable, and we are highly satisfied!
We would tell a prospective patient to manage their expectations around how much they will be working directly with their primary RMA doctor. We understand that RMA operates as a whole team in order to provide the most convenience and availability to patients, and this means that you will often be working with nurses and other RMA doctors. But Dr. Sekhon was always the one who looked at my numbers and communicated the next steps so it still felt like a dedicated patient experience.
Dr. Sekhon recommended that we start with three rounds of IUI (only three because the success rate really drops after that) and then re-evaluate for IVF if unsuccessful. During IUI, I took Letrozole for a few days pre-ovulation then had an Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation. The IUI rounds were unsuccessful, and along the way, we also saw that the sperm analysis was not ideal, so my husband consulted with Dr. Barhama, a urologist with RMA. We then began an IVF cycle using Gonal/F, Menopur, and Cerotide to prepare for retrieval (grow as many eggs) and the Lupron trigger shot right before retrieval. During the transfer cycle, I took Estrace and Progesterone in oil to prepare my uterine lining. I continued these medications after the transfer and also into my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was friendly, clearly communicated next steps and were very helpful in answering any questions I may had. Special callout to Nurse Jackie! She always seemed to be listening to my questions/concerns and was compassionate to my situation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths - organized, convenient locations in NYC, all staff are courteous and professional. Weaknesses - sometimes we didn't get our requested appointment times or didn't get a communication at all and needed to call the office the morning of.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
We got our requested appointment times and waits were minimal. We typically were able to see Dr. Sekhon (but not always).
Both our IUI and IVF cycles were most covered by our insurance. Some things during the IVF process were not covered such as the anesthesiologist and lab testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
We just didn't receive appointment time confirmations once or twice.

2021 - 2022, Successful
From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she [Dr. Sekhon] was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff [at RMA of NY] and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel...Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I think Dr. Sekhon definitely showed compassion and genuine excitement for me and my partner to embark on this journey to having a baby. I felt like she did everything in her power to assist us in getting pregnant, including moving up the IUI date after one of my appointments.
I would say that it is a tiring but enjoyable experience. There are a lot of early mornings, so I would suggest getting accustomed to having appointments between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier depending on the appointment. I would also just keep in mind that you may not always see Dr. Sekhon for your appointments.
Dr. Sekhon is an amazing doctor! From the consultation to my very last appointment with her, she was engaged and listened to any concerns I had and she was supportive by asking me important questions each time I saw her. I definitely felt like I was guided through this process, which I know is not the experience of many Black women or LGBTQ+ patients, which I identify as, so it was important for me to have Dr. Sekhon take the care that she did with me and my partner as we discussed options and ultimately went through the IUI procedure.
Leading up to the IUI, Dr. Sekhon prescribed an Ovidrel injection that was given to me on the day before the IUI. My IUI was actually moved up 24 hours after an ultrasound. I'm not quite sure of the technical definition or reasoning, but in laymen's terms, it seemed that my egg was ready to be fertilized and moving the procedure up a day would potentially increase the chances of me getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
I think my overall experience with the nursing staff and other coordinators was excellent; however, there was some miscommunication when it came down to me obtaining the prescription for the Ovidrel. The situation played out poorly. I wasn't initially informed that the prescription had been sent to a certain pharmacy until a nurse called and told me just a few days before I would need to obtain the Ovidrel and bring it to my next appointment. I was a bit frantic after that phone call because my insurance wouldn't cover the prescription so I had to pay $200 out of pocket. Before I paid out of pocket, there was a lot of back and forth about sending the prescription to a different pharmacy from the nurses so eventually I was able to get the prescription from a pharmacy in Hoboken. Ultimately, it was a lot of miscommunication.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Depending on which office you're going to, it can be a bit of a commute, especially for the monitoring hours appointments, which usually take place between 7am-9am, sometimes earlier. I drove to most of my appointments at the Madison office, which for someone who lives in NJ costs tolls, but to the appointments at the Broadway office, I was able to take the PATH train and walk about 10-12 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a weakness, but the commute early in the morning was the hardest thing for us.
During this process, I only had to pay for transportation to and from the clinic, and the Ovidrel, which wasn't covered by my insurance. Otherwise, I didn't have any other out of pocket expenses.

2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] explained everything with lots of detail, and made herself available over email, which I really appreciated as I had many questions. If it wasn't for our initial consult and the way I felt after speaking with her (I really saw myself in her), I might not have moved forward. From the transfer through every checkup, she's been so compassionate and supportive, always explaining things to be and giving me the space to share where I'm at....
loved the diversity of the staff [at RMA of New York]. clinic environment was great. they weren't always clear when they were running behind schedule, which was annoying... If I wasn't organized, I would have run out of meds several times throughout the course of my time with RMA. The first time I ordered meds there was a mistake as well, and it was only resolved once I caught it - that caused stress early on...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a star doctor, at least in my experience. She explained everything with lots of detail, and made herself available over email, which I really appreciated as I had many questions. If it wasn't for our initial consult and the way I felt after speaking with her (I really saw myself in her), I might not have moved forward. From the transfer through every checkup, she's been so compassionate and supportive, always explaining things to be and giving me the space to share where I'm at.
Ask lots and lots of questions and make sure you feel held and confident after your initial consult.
Dr. Sekhon is amazing. She is compassionate and a great listener. I always felt so safe and confident in her presence. She literally MADE my experience.
the first protocol for egg retrieval resulted in over stimulation I believe - my retrieval recovery was painful - I had lots of eggs retrieved (18) and only one healthy embryo (two had to be tested twice - thawed twice - they later came back normal but Dr. Sekhon suggested we repeat the cycle to get more embryos. Second round I believe medication doses changed, were slightly lowered so as not to over stimulate me. Second round we had 14 eggs, 2 embryos.
I had a few nurses who worked with Dr. Sekhon. Most of my exchanges were lovely. There was one nurse who felt a little less compassionate. Jennifer was great at responding to my many many questions. One area where she could improve is in her management of medications. If I wasn't organized, I would have run out of meds several times throughout the course of my time with RMA. The first time I ordered meds there was a mistake as well, and it was only resolved once I caught it - that caused stress early on.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
loved RMA. loved the diversity of the staff. clinic environment was great. they weren't always clear when they were running behind schedule, which was annoying. loved RMA. loved the diversity of the staff. clinic environment was great. they weren't always clear when they were running behind schedule, which was annoying.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
it was organized and relatively on time.
i don't remember
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
one time I was sent the wrong dosage of estrogen, was told to take 3x day vs 2x. I had to call to double check. I also had an issue with ordering my meds the first time I made the order - some items were missing from my initial prescription which I only found out about after speaking with the pharmacy.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions... I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!)...
Most monitoring appts [at RMA of New York] were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home...It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time...Coordinating messages from the phone staff to nurses, and playing phone tag, can sometimes be a pain, but they always get back to you. I always tried to be able to answer my phone when they called -- so that's an inconvenience but an understandable one!...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is warm, kind, direct, and knowledgable. She easily explained every part of the IVF process in a way I could understand (as someone who was brand new to all of this), and her empathetic yet directive approach made me trust her immediately. At decision points along the way, she laid out options and explained the multiple sides of things, providing guidance for my own decision-making. Her personal touches – phone calls during times of disappointment, emails about specific anxieties I had, and her bedside manner at appointments – made me feel safe, cared for, and confident in the team leading me through a challenging, complicated, miraculous journey.
If you've got questions and want to connect with her directly – reach out! I didn't realize how open she was to engaging directly with patients frequently until a bit later in my journey. The few emails and phone calls we had (off the regular appointment cycle) really made me feel individually cared for (while recognizing she likely has tons of patients and a busy schedule!).
Dr Sekhon's warm, yet direct approach immediately made me trust her. During times of disappointment (a less successful egg retrieval than anticipated) she called me personally to check in and talk about next steps. She's incredibly knowledgable about the process to conceive, but also about health in general, and always made me feel safe to ask any and all questions. Beyond Dr. Sekhon, her nurses and the staff at RMA were incredibly attentive.
For ERs: gonal, cetrotide, menopur, lupron/hcg trigger. I had a solid amount of follicles, so we focused on slow and steady growth. All of my follicles produced eggs that could be retrieved! For transfer: medicated cycle (but without birth control), estradoil, pio, synthroid, baby aspirin, lovenox.
Jennifer Needle, Julia, Jackie were all amazing!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most monitoring appts were very convenient -- I could go to the clinic closest to my home. Sometimes I'd need to go to offices that were farther away so that I could be seen by Dr Sekhon or on a weekend, but that's just a part of the process. It was generally easy to get an appt at a time that worked for me. They ran late 50% of the time.
We did 2 egg retrievals, 2 rounds of PGT-A/M testing, and 1 transfer. The cost for 1 ER + testing + transfer was around 20K. The additional retrieval + testing was around 15K.
We didn't discuss but since this was my first transfer and I do not struggle with infertility, I assume that's why we went with single!

2021 - 2022, Successful
We are truly grateful for our experience with Dr. Sekhon. Even in having tough conversations...her bedside manner was warm, genuine and considerate. It was a beautiful experience to feel so understood and cared for throughout our journey. Dr. Sekhon also has a wonderful energy about her that makes you feel safe in what is a very vulnerable process. We would, without a doubt, recommend her to anyone considering the IVF process.
RMS of NY has a very well organized office. We never waited long for our scheduled appointments, which is always a plus. Both the administrative office and nurses communicate very well and consistently; pre and post visit. The only suggestion I would have is for the clinic to revisit the Co-IVF contract, to ensure there is a version for same sex couples, that correctly specify the patient/recipient of egg.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
We are truly grateful for our experience with Dr. Sekhon. Even in having tough conversations (my partner and I are both in advanced maternal stages), her bedside manner was warm, genuine and considerate. It was a beautiful experience to feel so understood and cared for throughout our journey. Dr. Sekhon also has a wonderful energy about her that makes you feel safe in what is a very vulnerable process. We would, without a doubt, recommend her to anyone considering the IVF process.
To not be afraid to ask any questions, even if they seem silly. There is no judgement from Dr. Sekohn in trying to understand certain aspects of the process and she makes herself available to ensure you have the information you need to take the next step and/or make the best decision for yourself.
We were undergoing a Co-IVF process and it felt good not having to explain what we were doing each time we had a visit. We felt seen, heard and understood at every appointment. We understand that Doctors see a number of patients/couples throughout the day, but it never felt that way. It always felt like Dr. Sekhon truly knew us and was rooting for our journey.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff has created a well oiled machine, but even in their ability to be fast in their process, they still take the time to be warm and kind each visit.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring went smoothly, as we were seen at our appointment time without any delay.
Co-IVF is unfortunately not covered by insurance, even at advanced maternal stage, so we had to pay for most services out of pocket, but were told about WinFertility and worked with that program.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is a wonderful doctor. She is thorough in her explanation of the process and what to expect. She is patient and always willing to explain or repeat anything that may be confusing. Additionally, she is highly responsive via email...[she] showed a strong preference to single embryo transfer and advised why she could not do a multiple embryo transfer...[she] adjusted my medication / treatment strategy based on my bloodwork and reactions
[RMA of New York's] strength is the resourcing and system it has set up. there is a good amount of automation and attention to detail where it really matters (blood work names, samples etc). Weaknesses of the clinic is sometime you the patient were required to call and follow up in case there was a miss on update or scheduling miss. The finance department got a little confusing to align with to best understand how my insurance aligned with the procedures.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a wonderful doctor. She is thorough in her explanation of the process and what to expect. She is patient and always willing to explain or repeat anything that may be confusing. Additionally, she is highly responsive via email, thus always there for her patients
Don't be afraid to ask questions! Dr. Sekhon is always open to discussing and providing her professional opinion
Dr. Sekhon is phenomenal! she truly cares about her patients, she never rushes and always takes the time to answer even the simplest or repeat of questions! She takes the time to get to know her patients
Dr. Sekhon adjusted my medication / treatment strategy based on my bloodwork and reactions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Freundlich )
Fertility Care Coordinator is very thorough she would call and follow up with exact details of what the next steps were. She was also very responsive via email to any questions i had
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinics strength is the resourcing and system it has set up. there is a good amount of automation and attention to detail where it really matters (blood work names, samples etc). Weaknesses of the clinic is sometime you the patient were required to call and follow up in case there was a miss on update or scheduling miss. The finance department got a little confusing to align with to best understand how my insurance aligned with the procedures.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appointments were early in the morning - but you were able to set a preference - something the clinic really respected! the waiting room was full but the wait time was very short - patients were in and out at an acceptable amount of time.
costs were upfront outlined and coordinated with my employers insurance coverage
Dr. Sekhon showed a strong preference to single embryo transfer and advised why she could not do a multiple embryo transfer

2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is an incredibly knowledgeable, caring, non-judgmental, intelligent and trustworthy doctor. She tailors treatment to the individual and does not believe in a one-size-fits-all treatment plan. I felt seen and heard by Dr. Sekhon, and she also made sure to make every effort to see me herself at each appointment...In advance of the transfer, she did a saline sonogram as a mock transfer...
[RMA of New York] Very organized. As an anxious patient, I appreciated that it was a well oiled machine and everyone was seen in the order in which they arrived during monitoring appointments. I also always knew what to expect from appointments. In addition to the IVF coordinator, the Financial Coordinator were extremely helpful to seek insurance clearance and explain all financial obligations. I also appreciated that RMA has multiple offices so you can be seen where it is easiest for you...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I will never see another fertility doctor. Dr. Sekhon is an incredibly knowledgeable, caring, non-judgmental, intelligent and trustworthy doctor. She tailors treatment to the individual and does not believe in a one-size-fits-all treatment plan. I felt seen and heard by Dr. Sekhon, and she also made sure to make every effort to see me herself at each appointment.
Don't wait for ~1 year before seeing her and discuss your family planning
I transferred to Dr. Sekhon's care after having a negative experience with another doctor and his team in the practice, and after hearing strong reviews from friends who were patients of Dr. Sekhon for various reasons. Dr. Sekhon listens and cares. She is non-judgmental and truly wants the best for her patients. I absolutely felt like I was treated as a human and not just a number with her, which is one of the main reasons I switched to her care.
Before transferring to Dr. Sekhon's care, I did an egg retrieval cycle, 3 IUIs and 1 IVF transfer with 2 Day 3 embroys with Dr. Sandler. All IUI and IVF transfers under Dr. Sandler's care were unsuccessful. We were successful in our first transfer under Dr. Sekhon's care. In advance of the transfer, she did a saline sonogram as a mock transfer. I took estrogen and progesterone leading up and following the successful transfer. I should be weaning off the medication ~week 9.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie (nurse) and Rachel F (coordinator))
While we have only been under Dr. Sekhon's care for ~2 months, her team has proven to be effective and organized communicators with prompt response rates. They also took time to answer questions, no matter how repetitive, and showed compassion.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I have good insurance. I don't remember the exact total specific to Dr. Sekhon's care vs. total care, but I am extremely grateful for my insurance and that RMA takes my insurance.
Dr. Sekhon felt good/positive about our grade 4AB embryo and did not recommend transferring more than 1 embryo at a time for my safety. We agreed, especially after a failed attempt at transferring 2 Day 3 embryos with Dr. Sandler.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Under Dr. Sandler's care, there were 2 critical errors made. 1.) after my IVF transfer with 2 Day 3 embryos, I was instructed to stop taking all my medication a day before my pregnancy test. It took me showing up and asking to speak to ANY nurse because no one on his team was in that day to find out about this error because my gut (I lacked some knowledge at this time) told me that was wrong. I emailed and called about it after, and never heard back from anyone regarding the matter. 2.) Half my eggs were unfrozen instead of all to make embryos without clear explanation. After we got the call that 8 of 9 of my eggs could be fertilized, we heard nothing all week. I kept calling in to ask for status updates of our embryos and it would sometimes take a full day to get a call back. Our embryos were fertilized on a Saturday and by the next Friday I finally heard that only 1 embryo made it to Day 5.

2022, 24 Eggs Frozen
I was lucky to have Dr. Sekhon as my doctor through an egg freezing cycle. She was transparent, and explained things to me in a way that was easy to understand, and used examples which helped me manage my expectations. She made me feel like she was accessible throughout the entire process...was accessible, and talked me through the process with as much detail as I needed, even illustrating the process for me to visually understand the process and procedure.
With regards to the [RMA of New York] clinic staff they were generally good, with a friendly bedside manner. Check in was very easy and I was never waiting too long for my appointment. I wish I had known that the anesthesiologist was going to be an extra out of pocket cost (due anesthesiologist not taking insurance) when I had my initial consultation though.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Just remember that depending on the timing of your cycle, Dr. Sekhon may not be the one to perform the procedure, and might not be present at all monitoring appointments.
I felt like Dr Sekhon was accessible, and talked me through the process with as much detail as I needed, even illustrating the process for me to visually understand the process and procedure.
I had a fairly straight-forward procedure being done for egg freezing, therefore the approach was relatively straightforward. I appreciate that the medication order was prescribed for a quantity which allowed me to order the medications only once through my specialty pharmacy, rather than multiple orders which would have required additional costs. We started with monitoring every two to three days, and eventually increased to daily monitoring, to ensure we knew the right time to administer the trigger shot. All in all a fairly straightforward process and procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Mauli Maniar, then Jennifer Needle)
The fertility care coordinator changed during my course of treatment. It would have been good to get an email to transition the care coordinator.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
With regards to the clinic staff they were generally good, with a friendly bedside manner. Check in was very easy and I was never waiting too long for my appointment. I wish I had known that the anesthesiologist was going to be an extra out of pocket cost (due anesthesiologist not taking insurance) when I had my initial consultation though.
A lot of my treatment was covered by insurance, however there were the following co-pays/out of pocket costs: - Specialist visit co-pays, for each visit, including each day of monitoring - Medication co-pays, for each 5 different types of medications - Anethesiologist fee, as they did not take insurance. $950 was the rate when I had my procedure. -
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
There was a day where there were a couple of administrative mistakes at the clinic; where my scan was displaying a different patient name after my first ultrasound, and I had to provide a urine sample twice because the first sample had accidentally been discarded.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was extremely welcoming and respectful. As a same-sex female couple, she advised us on the ways in which other doctors may have overlooked potential issues in our care...She is very relatable, kind, funny, and compassionate. Although I did not get to see her at every visit, I trusted that she was making the best decisions for me in my care. There were times when I had hoped for more communication with her around certain issues rather than with her nurses, but I know her time can be limited...
Since RMA has several locations, I was able to go in for monitoring at the location that was convenient for me...one downside was that the anesthesiologist that does all the egg retrievals is an out-of-network provider so I had to pay out-of-pocket for anesthesia and it was almost $1,000...well-organized, great with handling insurance, great history of success rates, LGBTQ+ competence, several locations...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an amazing provider. She is very relatable, kind, funny, and compassionate. Although I did not get to see her at every visit, I trusted that she was making the best decisions for me in my care. There were times when I had hoped for more communication with her around certain issues rather than with her nurses, but I know her time can be limited. Overall, I was so happy with the care I received from her.
She will be up-front with all the options for you and realistic about outcomes. She is extremely knowledgeable and you should trust that she has your best interest in mind.
Dr. Sekhon treated us with respect and care from Day 1. She was always very real, and didn’t sugar-coat anything, yet she always delivered information in a way that was clear and caring. She shared with us her own experience with fertility treatment which made her feel so relatable and no different from us.
I went through 4 medicated IUI cycles. The first cycle we used clomid and it was unsuccessful. The second cycle we used clomid again, and my body responded too well to the medication, so we chose to cancel the cycle rather than risk multiples. The last 3 cycles were done with letrozole and all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr. Sekhon was able to get my insurance to provide coverage for IVF despite not completing 6 IUI cycles. We moved on to IVF and had a successful egg retrieval, freeze-all cycle, and frozen embryo transfer.
How competent was Lucky Sekhon at LGBTQ care?
Dr. Sekhon was extremely welcoming and respectful. As a same-sex female couple, she advised us on the ways in which other doctors may have overlooked potential issues in our care. Dr. Sekhon requested all diagnostic tests in the beginning, even though I had no known fertility issues, because she wanted to rule out any issues. It was great that she did that because she saved us time and money when an issue was discovered through diagnostic testing. Dr. Sekhon is also a big advocate of the LGBTQ community through her online presence where she brings to light issues that the LGBTQ community faces as it relates to fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kyra Fischer)
Kyra, and Dr. Sekhon’s nursing staff, are absolutely incredible. They are compassionate, responsive and thoughtful in their communication with patients.I always felt so taken care of by them.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Some of their strengths include: well-organized, great with handling insurance, great history of success rates, LGBTQ+ competence, several locations. A weakness is that since the clinic is so large, it can sometimes feel like you’re just a number, so you should advocate for yourself when trying to establish your relationship with your care team.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Since RMA has several locations, I was able to go in for monitoring at the location that was convenient for me. There were times when I needed to change the time of my monitoring appointment, and the team was accommodating. For all monitoring appointments, things went smoothly. Some days I waited for a longer period of time than other days, but the wait was never too extreme.
Thankfully, most was covered under insurance. I paid for co-pays for office visits, bloodwork, and ultrasounds. The one downside was that the anesthesiologist that does all the egg retrievals is an out-of-network provider so I had to pay out-of-pocket for anesthesia and it was almost $1,000.
Dr. Sekhon did not even discuss a multiple embryo transfer with us because of my age and the likelihood that a single transfer would be successful. I know she typically only does single transfers and discourages multiple.
How competent was RMA of New York at LGBTQ care?
They offer LGBTQ specific fertility events and have a whole section on their website related to working with the LGBTQ community. They also participate at local NYC-based Pride celebrations in June.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at RMA of New York.
We used a rather large donor sperm bank so the coordination between RMA and the bank was pretty seamless since they both knew what they were doing.
2022, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] is so compassionate about what she does while also explaining everything that’s going to happen step by step...She remembered details about my medical history from previous emails...excellent bed side manor and has explained everything to both my husband and I with patience. She always answered all of our questions thoroughly and made me feel comfortable and secure when starting this process which was very intimidating to me...
Julia Difranza [nurse at RMA of New York] answered all my questions and always answered my emails right away...Everyone was so professional and when I called they got my message through right away. Everyone was also very thorough and organized and helped whenever needed. There aren’t many medical offices where you feel like a priority and not an inconvenience...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon has excellent bed side manor and has explained everything to both my husband and I with patience. She always answered all of our questions thoroughly and made me feel comfortable and secure when starting this process which was very intimidating to me.
I don’t have any advice but to please never change!
As an ultrasound tech I have worked with so many doctors that make it very difficult to trust someone truly in this for patient care. I have driven an hour and half from a different state because I was referred to Dr. Sekhon by another doctor. She is so compassionate about what she does while also explaining everything that’s going to happen step by step. This is a hard journey to go through also while I am grieving the loss of my mother and she remembered that on my first appointment. She remembered details about my medical history from previous emails and I was so lucky to have her as my Dr.
From my first transfer to second transfer we changed to progesterone in oil instead of suppository and I started taking a thyroid supplement which worked
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie and Julia )
Julia Difranza answered all my questions and always answered my emails right away. I’m just as grateful for the nurses as I am for the Dr.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
My treatment was covered besides my copays which comes to about $1000, my PGT testing also out of pocket
No comment
NY - Eastside
2018 - 2022, Successful
I did not get much face-time with her [Dr. Lucky Sekhon] but I knew she was looking out for me at watching over me. We would email and touch base over the phone when necessary. We always touched base to discuss next steps/game plan and she was always VERY VERY honest with me, which I appreciate more than anything else...she won’t hold back with her professional assessment. Sometimes it is not what you want to hear but it is why I respected and trusted her.
I generally attended RMA Brooklyn. That said, RMA is highly organized and do an amazing job of caring for each and every patient given the size of the practice. In terms of weaknesses, at times you could feel like a cog in the wheel but I preferred location and efficiency (and results, of course) over needing a boutique experience.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is honest and will give it to you straight. In my opinion, that is invaluable when entering infertility treatments and all of the unknown. We always adjust course if it felt like things weren’t working and she listened to me if I had concerns/frustrations. Even though I didn’t see her as much as I would have like due to going to the BK office most frequently, I trusted her implicitly, which is why I worked with her for both of my pregnancies.
When you are struggling with infertility you want someone who will be both positive and honest. Dr. Sekhon is both but she won’t hold back with her professional assessment. Sometimes it is not what you want to hear but it is why I respected and trusted her.
When you go to RMA it can feel a bit like a factory (they are busy but very efficient). That said, they get to know you and care for you. Dr. Sekhon was at the Downtown office and I almost always went to the Brooklyn office so I did not get much face-time with her but I knew she was looking out for me at watching over me. We would email and touch base over the phone when necessary. We always touched base to discuss next steps/game plan and she was always VERY VERY honest with me, which I appreciate more than anything else.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There is more inherent risk with carrying multiples, which is why they transfer single embryos.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon truly listened to my situation and concerns, and advised but never pushed my husband and I to make a quick decision. She gave helpful guidance and wanted us to make the best decision for us. She is patient, intelligent, and compassionate. I think so highly of her. I felt comfortable throughout the entire process...She is truly skilled, amazing at her work and always willing to answer any questions my husband and I had along the way...
This clinic [RMA of New York] is like none I’ve been to before - the most kind, helpful and welcoming staff - from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, medical assistants, everyone - I’ve never experienced such fabulous care before...[nurse was] always willing to answer questions or discuss anything in email or over the phone. She truly wanted to make sure I felt comfortable and understood the process completely. She was always kind and quick to respond. I’m so grateful for her kindness, expertise and help.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon will guide you to where you want to be - trust her and take everything a day at time. You are in the best hands.
Dr. Sekhon was so personable, thorough, helpful and calm. I trust her completely and she made the process as seamless as possible. I’m truly grateful that she was my doctor. She is truly skilled, amazing at her work and always willing to answer any questions my husband and I had along the way. She’s an absolute star.
Jennifer Needle was fantastic - always willing to answer questions or discuss anything in email or over the phone. She truly wanted to make sure I felt comfortable and understood the process completely. She was always kind and quick to respond. I’m so grateful for her kindness, expertise and help.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is like none I’ve been to before - the most kind, helpful and welcoming staff - from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, medical assistants, everyone - I’ve never experienced such fabulous care before. I actually enjoyed going to the appointments.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions...She described each procedure clearly. When I was ready for my transfer we had a hiccup and I had to have surgery, she helped me find a surgeon and get things taken care of quickly...
Sometimes RMA monitoring hours feel like a factory, if possible to extend hours later into morning would be ideal. The staff were all fantastic and welcoming every time I went to visit. Brooklyn location is the best with the new facilities...I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day...They [nurses at RMA NY] were all excellent...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions. Today I am12 weeks 5 days with a donor egg baby
facts are great, sharing success stories will help
Dr Sekhon was great. she was thoughtful and cared about me and my journey
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Wells)
They were all excellent
IVF is expensive
N/A single embryo transfer is the way to go with less risk and higher success
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day. In worked out
2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was always honest and knew exactly what was going on during my appointments...She followed up promptly and provided honest and realistic expectations. I felt like she was focused on my treatment even though she had many other patients. She had great bedside manner and kept things light when appropriate and was honest when needed...very personable and compassionate throughout both times I did IVF with her...
Strengths- They are on top of everything. All nurses and doctors were nice and well educated. Great follow up of phone calls and emails. Weaknesses- Many people in waiting room during monitoring hours. Not always sure how long blood and sonogram would take in the mornings...Dr. Sekhon was always honest and knew exactly what was going on during my appointments. Her or a nurse always promptly replied to my concerns...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was very personable and compassionate throughout both times I did IVF with her. She followed up promptly and provided honest and realistic expectations. I felt like she was focused on my treatment even though she had many other patients. She had great bedside manner and kept things light when appropriate and was honest when needed.
Trust her
I began by trying clomid and letrozol and timed intercourse. Followed by 3 cycles of IUI. Followed by IVF cycle which provided and positive pregnancy. For the second time, started right with a transfer cycle using a frozen embryo.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Copay for monitoring Thawing of embryo
2022, 25 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Lucky Sekhon] was great! She was very communicative through the nurses and always available via email for any questions I had. She was direct but also compassionate and always made me feel comfortable...Definitely work with her but understand you won't be with her at most appointments and she may not perform the actual procedure...wish I could have been with Dr. Sekhon on most visits but I understand she goes to multiple offices and is also performing procedures
I had a great experience with RMA of New York at the midtown east location. I really thought the administrative staff, nurses and doctors (especially Dr. Sekhon) were all attentive, thorough and allowed me to ask questions. The wait time was also never long. I only wish I could have been with Dr. Sekhon on most visits but I understand she goes to multiple offices and is also performing procedures... I wish I could have worked with certain nurses more regularly who were better at drawing blood so I would have little or no bruising vs. some nurses that didn't seem as great with drawing blood
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was great! She was very communicative through the nurses and always available via email for any questions I had. She was direct but also compassionate and always made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Freundlich)
Attentive and answered my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Timely, thorough and helpful. I wish I could have worked with certain nurses more regularly who were better at drawing blood so I would have little or no bruising vs. some nurses that didn't seem as great with drawing blood.
Approximately $17,000