Medical SchoolYerevan State Medical U
ResidencyBaylor & UC San Francisco
FellowshipUC San Francisco
1195 W. Fremont Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lusine Aghajanova to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stanford University to a friend?
2016 - 2019
10 IUI, IVF
I felt like a human because she [Dr. Aghajanova] treated like one. She was very kind and compassionate ... We literally laughed, prayed and cried together. I think I have an amazing relationship with her. She is very compassionate and I can’t imagine to get through this difficult journey without her. ... They [Sanford] believe in single embryo transfer to avoid risk of multiples and further complications ...
2016 - 2019
10 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Lusine Aghajanova at Stanford University?
My experience was great. We literally laughed, prayed and cried together. I think I have an amazing relationship with her. She is very compassionate and I can’t imagine to get through this difficult journey without her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lusine Aghajanova at Stanford University?
Have lots of patience. Infertility treatments does require lots of patience
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lusine Aghajanova at Stanford University?
I felt like a human because she treated like one. She was very kind and compassionate
Describe the protocols Lusine Aghajanova used in your cycles at Stanford University and their degree of success.
Start clomid from cycle day 3 for 5 days. This was followed my Follistim injection of 75 IU for 5 or sometimes 4 days. Around 13 or 14th day I got my bhcg injection and thn IUI 36 hours later. I also took progesterone intra vaginally two days after iui and I would continue that until my blood test. They asked my to stop of bhcg comes out negative
Describe your experience with your nurse at Stanford University. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
All of them were great. I literally have no complains. Sometimes there was a lot of waiting but that was completely bearable. This did not annoy me at all.
Describe your experience with Stanford University.
Strength : Staff and qualified doctors Very organized team Nice and clean office Very adjusting Results are available on the portal ASAP Nurses are very prompt Very reachable through patient portal and phone Weakness There is waiting sometime but I guess that’s fine atleast for me Sometimes they mess up the bills and it’s very frustrating. I did notice twice that no approval was sent at the insurance and they billed me the whole amount which is very sad because infertility treatments are very stressful and to deal with insurance adds up to the stress.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lusine Aghajanova at Stanford University.
It’s very expensive :( This is the worst part of infertility treatment. They rip off our pocket. Finances and bills is a very big reason that I felt literally helpless at times.
Describe Lusine Aghajanova's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Stanford University.
They believe in single embryo transfer to avoid risk of multiples and further complications
Sunnyvale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lusine Aghajanova at Stanford University.

She [Dr. Aghajanova] did not seem to know information from my chart each time I went in for an appointment. ... She told me she would have preferred to see me when I was 35 or so. Which made me cry, because what am I supposed to do, turn back time? She did not seem empathetic at all that we were acknowledging my advanced maternal age, and were asking for her support. ... Although you are assigned a primary attending physician, you will be seen by anyone.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Lusine Aghajanova at Stanford University?
I went in for a consultation regarding fertility treatment because we wanted to try to freeze embryos, before I got too much older (I'm early 40s). She told me she would have preferred to see me when I was 35 or so. Which made me cry, because what am I supposed to do, turn back time? She did not seem empathetic at all that we were acknowledging my advanced maternal age, and were asking for her support. What made it worse is that I had tried to schedule a consultation with the clinic years earlier, and they did not return my calls. We did conventional IVF for our first cycle, since there was no male factor. For our second cycle, we signed consents to do the same, since we were not given any information about why some of our eggs did not fertilize normally. However, part way through the cycle, we were told our treatment plan was supposed to be ICSI because some eggs fertilized with multiple sperm last time. We had to resign consents because we were not given information at the beginning of the cycle.
Ask for the results of your treatment, and what they mean. Ask what your treatment plan is, and why. Do not expect her to provide this information without direct questioning.
She did not seem to know information from my chart each time I went in for an appointment.
Cycle 1 Priming + Antagonist protocol: Estradiol priming (9 days), Gonal F 300 + Menopur 150 stimulation (12 days) and Ganirelix (last 5 days), HCG + Gonal F 400 trigger. Presumably chosen to be gentler, and due to advanced maternal age. Baseline follicle count was supposedly 14, but did not all develop at the same rate. 5 eggs retrieved, conventional IVF, 3 fertilized normally + 2 fertilized with multiple sperm, 3 blastocysts at day 7 with grades 4AA 6BB 6CB. Cycle 2 Priming + Flare Protocol: Estradiol priming (10 days), Microdose Lupron 10 (16 days) and Gonal F 300 + Menopur 150 (13.5 days), HCG + Gonal F 400 trigger. Presumably chosen for above, and to try to get more eggs mature. 7 eggs retrieved, ICSI all 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 3 blastocysts at day 6 with grades 4BC 4CC 6CC. Cycle 3 Antagonist Protocol: not yet started, but presumably birth control pills, Gonal F 225 + Menopur 150 + Ganirelix, HCG + Lupron trigger. Presumably chosen to get follicles to develop at the same time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Stanford University.
Although the doctor has a specific nurse and care coordinator as part of my care team, I did not actually find I interacted with those people primarily. And didn't even interact with my doctor primarily. My communications with the care team were mainly via the online messaging system, and I found it extremely frustrating to actually get answers to my questions on scheduling cycles, what my protocol would be, getting my prescriptions called in, and when I needed to start medications. And the questions I had regarding my treatment that were meant for the doctor apparently did not get conveyed, or at least didn't get answered.
Describe your experience with Stanford University.
Scheduling appointments was around their schedule, and they often did not have times that worked well for me. Although you are assigned a primary attending physician, you will be seen by anyone. Which sounds good, so you don't have to schedule around one person. But seems like it really means your treatment plan is not understood by the people you are seeing. Or maybe it is that my particular doctor didn't do a good job of documenting my treatment plan in my chart, so other doctors couldn't answer the questions I had.
What specific things went wrong at Stanford University?