Good

U. of North Carolina

Lynda Wolf works at

130 Town Center Drive
Troy, MI 48084

We really appreciated the straightforward approach, very organized information, and her [Dr. Wolf's] willingness to spend time with us at consults. I think we hit our limitation with the clinic when we were considering IVF and I wanted to include an immunological component and began to work with an RI in tandem. She didn't seem willing to move in that direction - when I brought the RI's test results in she seemed dismissive and things he wanted me to correct she told me were "normal" so once we felt like we needed to move in that direction we decided to switch clinics and we found a clinic that was very interested in learning along side the RI and working with him. We are still currently going through our first IVF round with our new clinic/RI.
The nurses [at RMA of Michigan] are the heart and soul of this busy clinic. They were always willing to call and talk to me about any question, no matter what it was. They were patient, kind, and wonderful!...it was around $1800 per IUI (including the cost of medication)...First come first serve morning rush was tough, but draws were super fast. Not willing to "think outside the box" when it came to treatment, and a little behind on best practices for MTHFR/Thrombophelia/immune issues and how they relate to infertility. Very, very easy to reach, and great at hand holding as you walk through the steps. They'll explain things as many times as you need and always return calls when they say they will.
How was your experience with Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
I think if I had a straightforward case of infertility (as if that exists...) then Dr. Wolf is a wonderful option. We really appreciated the straightforward approach, very organized information, and her willingness to spend time with us at consults. I think we hit our limitation with the clinic when we were considering IVF and I wanted to include an immunological component and began to work with an RI in tandem. She didn't seem willing to move in that direction - when I brought the RI's test results in she seemed dismissive and things he wanted me to correct she told me were "normal" so once we felt like we needed to move in that direction we decided to switch clinics and we found a clinic that was very interested in learning along side the RI and working with him. We are still currently going through our first IVF round with our new clinic/RI.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
Be prepared for very traditional fertility treatments, get there early to stand in line (if you have a job to be at), and the nurses are wonderful!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
Dr. Wolf took the time to explain exactly what she was going to do for treatment and she had an air of authority about it. We appreciated the straightforward approach. The nurses at the clinic are also wonderful and spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with me making sure I understood everything.
Describe the protocols Lynda Wolf used in your cycles at RMA of Michigan and their degree of success.
Standard IUI with trigger - no positive outcomes
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Michigan.
The nurses are the heart and soul of this busy clinic. They were always willing to call and talk to me about any question, no matter what it was. They were patient, kind, and wonderful!
Describe your experience with RMA of Michigan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan.
it was around $1800 per IUI (including the cost of medication).

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Generally, the monitoring appointments went pretty swiftly, depending on the day. Occasionally, the waiting room [RMA of MI] was so packed that there was no where to sit and barely anywhere to stand. This obviously was very uncomfortable and extended the wait time....The billed dept. is really bad. There have been so many mistakes in this area... Jacklyn was my nurse and she was amazing. She was compassionate and never made me feel like I was bothering her....
How was your experience with Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
Dr. Wolf is very sweet and takes time to make you feel important. My husband and I just felt like we weren't really a part of the process. We didn't know what was going on and that made this hard for us. There were some mistakes made during my first IVF cycle. My thyroid wasn't in range the day I started stims. I didn't know this and got the call that everything was normal so I continued on with stims and had a poor cycle that failed. I found out about my thyroid being out of range and was upset. It was only at .02, which is hyperthyroid. I just feel like with something so expensive, everything should be in range. It seems like this just slipped through the cracks so I called Dr. Wolf and she actually gave us a free cycle. That's something I never imagined she would do and was so kind of her! She asked me where I wanted my thyroid to be and I said that I wanted it between a 1 and 2 because based on everything I have read, that is the best range for fertility. She said she would make sure it's in range next time and check it more frequently. She wanted me to start a new dose of thyroid meds and wait a few months to make sure my thyroid was in range. I went in November to check it and it was good, but I didn't begin my IVF cycle until February. In the middle of the cycle I asked what my TSH was at the last blood draw. They said that it hasn't been checked. This really upset me. Not only did they not monitor it, but they didn't even check it once! My nurse said she'd add it to my blood work for my next visit. During that blood draw my thyroid was 3.6. I know it's not horrible, but it was out of the range for fertility and out of the range she agreed upon. They didn't check it for 4 months and let me begin IVF. This is the opposite of monitoring it more closely like she said she would do. I wanted to talk to her about all of that, but couldn't because she was on vacation. I completely understand going on vacation, but I feel like patients should know about that before going through an IVF cycle. It's hard to trust just anyone with this and the whole reason we stayed at RMA is for her so it was a little scary to hear that she was on vacation in the middle of a cycle and wouldn't be here for the rest of it. I understand that mistakes happen and everything can't be perfect, but this is a lot to go through and I just feel like she didn't followthrough with what she promised to me. My second cycle failed, as well and I can't help but wonder if it was because my thyroid wasn't managed properly again. I was with her for a long time though and the reason we kept going back, even with the mistakes, is because she has such good bedside manner and she really seems like she cares. She's actually one of the nicest doctors I've ever come in contact with.
Make sure you ask lots of questions. If you want things to be managed properly, you will have to advocate for yourself.
Dr. Wolf was actually wonderful. She was very personable and seemed like she cared. I just think the clinic might take on too many patients so it's hard to make sure everything is done correctly.
For my first cycle we used a long lupron protocol. I have endometriosis so she didn't want to overdo it without the lupron. I produced 8 eggs. 6 were mature and 5 fertilized. We had to do a day 3 transfer because they were fragmented and didn't look well. We transferred 2 and the other embryos arrested. This cycle failed. I took some time off between cycles and cleaned up my diet. I read some books about egg quality and started taking supplements like Ubiquinol, Inositol and Arganine. I avoided gluten, dairy, caffeine, alcohol...etc. For the next cycle we did the micro flare protocol. I produced 6 eggs. 5 were mature and 4 fertilized. On day 3 we got a call that they were doing great! Very little fragmentation and they were 8 and 9 cells. We were told to come back on day 5 for transfer. On day 5 we arrived and they said that our embryos were growing slower than they liked and were still in the Morula stage. We transferred 2 and the rest didn't make it. This cycle failed as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Jacklyn )
Jacklyn was my nurse and she was amazing. She was compassionate and never made me feel like I was bothering her. She was the best nurse! Our first cycle we had a different nurse and I didn't like her nearly as much. I can't imagine a better nurse than Jacklyn!
Describe your experience with RMA of Michigan.
The billed dept. is really bad. There have been so many mistakes in this area. They let us pay the clinic for all the blood work during our 4 iui procedures while my insurance was also paying for them. When we tried to bring this to the attention of their billing manager (Theresa) she was extremely rude to us and was trying to tell us that they didn't owe us as much as they did. We called insurance to make sure of the right dollar amount and did the math over and over. It wasn't hard. She was so condescending and was making annoyed faces while talking to us. I'm sorry, but a fertility clinic should have more compassionate. patient people working there. Everyone that works there should be smart enough to understand that they're dealing with vulnerable patients. My husband and I were nothing but nice to her. Eventually we asked to speak to someone above her and got the issue resolved. That was not the end of the mistakes though. With our free cycle we were billed for blood work when we were told it would be free. It seems like communication is the problem here. On our last IUI we were told by our nurse that we've been coming in a day too early every time so we should wait one more day for the IUI. WHAT?! We would've gladly come in a day later had they told us to go home and wait, but no one said anything about this. I asked Dr. Wolf about it and she insisted that it wasn't in our charts and that wasn't the case, but I don't know how someone could just make that up. We will never know. Honestly, the best part of the clinic is Dr. Wolf being as kind as she is and our nurse Jacklyn.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Michigan.
Generally, the monitoring appointments went pretty swiftly, depending on the day. Occasionally, the waiting room was so packed that there was no where to sit and barely anywhere to stand. This obviously was very uncomfortable and extended the wait time.
IUIs were around $750 each with monitoring covered by insurance. IVF with ICSI ran around $13-14k with some blood work covered by our insurance.
Describe Lynda Wolf's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Michigan.
We transferred 2 both times because the quality wasn't very good.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Michigan.
During our first IVF, they neglected to tell us when my thyroid test results were out of range so that I could wait for the next cycle or adjust my medications. Going into the second cycle, we agreed that thyroid would be monitored more closely, yet this time it wasn't even tested for the first few blood draws until I asked for it. They also neglected to order a urine culture as requested for a suspected bladder infection after my transfer. Regarding billing, we had paid out of pocket for all monitoring for our four IUIs, having been told by RMA that our insurance would not cover it. After the last one, we discovered that our insurance was in fact being billed and covering the monitoring fully, meaning that they essentially got paid twice for these procedures, an error in excess of $1300 in their favor. Their billing manager was exceptionally rude and difficult in trying to resolve the error, though we did end up getting our money back with an apology from Dr. Wolf.
Troy
She [Dr. Wolf] communicated clearly most of the time. When I was miscarrying she wasn't honest and upfront when she should have been. She was always positive, uplifting, and hopeful. However during a follow up she couldn't really answer some of my questions... Gonal F- 200iu Low dose hcg- 15iu of 50 Thyroid meds- 25-50mg (changed when I got pregnant and misscarried) Ovidrel Injections roughly 8-10 days with Ultra sounds and blood work every other day.
The clinic [RMA of Michigan] is very clean and has good technology. The front staff are very friendly and will answer your questions. They do monitoring appointment as 1st come 1st serve early in the morning so you can go before work.They are very well organized and are somewhat flexible to your schedule. They make you feel welcomed.... They didn't call with results one time. I went 2 weeks without knowing that my initial nurse had retired.
How was your experience with Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
She communicated clearly most of the time. When I was miscarrying she wasn't honest and upfront when she should have been. She was always positive, uplifting, and hopeful. However during a follow up she couldn't really answer some of my questions and I felt like she was giving me bullshit answers.
Do research so you can advocate for yourself and know what you are talking about.
Information wasn't relayed properly and a poor cycles occurred which could have been correct on their part.
Gonal F- 200iu Low dose hcg- 15iu of 50 Thyroid meds- 25-50mg (changed when I got pregnant and misscarried) Ovidrel Injections roughly 8-10 days with Ultra sounds and blood work every other day. Triggered with ovidrel and then had back-to-back iuis the following next 2 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Lisa then another girl)
The nursing staff is very professional and personable. They are very organized. However they call at all different times and sometimes you have to wait a long time. When I was waiting to find out if I was misscarying I didn't hear from my nurse for 7 hours.
Describe your experience with RMA of Michigan.
The clinic is very clean and has good technology. The front staff are very friendly and will answer your questions. They do monitoring appointment as 1st come 1st serve early in the morning so you can go before work.They are very well organized and are somewhat flexible to your schedule. They make you feel welcomed. They have a ton of patients so you will become a number to them. They tend to run late if you have a iui appointment. This happened on all ten of my appointments.
Ultrsound and blood work $2000 Iuis $700 Gonal F $300 Ovidrel $100 Low dosage $25
She only allows for one embryo to be transferred at a time.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Michigan.