U. of Minnesota

Lynda Wolf works at

130 Town Center Drive
Troy, MI 48084

Treated 2017 - 2018
I was pleased with my relationship with Dr. Wolf, and I saw her on most of my visits to the office. Dr. Wolf is passionate about her work and it shows in her success rates.... I like that Dr. Wolf and Dr. Miller work very collaboratively and always felt like I was in good hands with either of them.... This practice is very results-driven and while you won't be coddled or have your hand held, I feel confident in the competency of both Dr. Wolf and the practice.
This [RMA of MI] is an extremely busy clinic and although it sometimes felt that I could fall through the cracks due to the sheer volume of patients in and out of the clinic, I never did. They were on top of it! I ended up appreciating the early morning monitoring (6:15 AM!) as I never had to miss work during IVF except on the day of retrieval.... I was never kept waiting, and my nurse would follow up with me within a few hours. When first encountering this process, it was overwhelming, but learned to appreciate their system.
How was your experience with Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
I was pleased with my relationship with Dr. Wolf, and I saw her on most of my visits to the office. Dr. Wolf is passionate about her work and it shows in her success rates. This practice is very results-driven and while you won't be coddled or have your hand held, I feel confident in the competency of both Dr. Wolf and the practice. And I feel that this is what really counts when it comes down to it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
Be as educated about IVF, the process and procedures and your own medical history and conditions as you can be. Be an advocate for yourself!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
This is an extremely busy practice and as a patient, you simply must advocate for yourself at all times. When visiting the office for monitoring, they want you in and out and quickly, which can be a good thing because I rarely had to miss work.
Describe the protocols Lynda Wolf used in your cycles at RMA of Michigan and their degree of success.
Used Gonal-F, Menopur and Lupron trigger for egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Michigan.
The nurse assigned to us was generally helpful and provided reasonable support during the IVF process.
Describe your experience with RMA of Michigan.
This is an extremely busy clinic and although it sometimes felt that I could fall through the cracks due to the sheer volume of patients in and out of the clinic, I never did. They were on top of it! I ended up appreciating the early morning monitoring (6:15 AM!) as I never had to miss work during IVF except on the day of retrieval. I like that Dr. Wolf and Dr. Miller work very collaboratively and always felt like I was in good hands with either of them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Michigan.
While monitoring hours were definitely similar to a cattle call, this clinic is a well-oiled machine. I was never kept waiting, and my nurse would follow up with me within a few hours. When first encountering this process, it was overwhelming, but learned to appreciate their system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan.
Approximately $15,000 for the procedure, $5,000 for meds, ultrasounds were covered by our insurance.
Describe Lynda Wolf's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Michigan.
Dr Wolf encouraged us to transfer only one embryo.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Wolf had clearly reviewed all of our paper work and our case very carefully. She was very kind when talking through the sensitive parts of what we've been through and even teared up when talking about my miscarriage with us... She has now recommended we skip to IVF...She always takes time if you do have questions, though, and really cares about what she does.
She's [nurse at RMA of Michigan] done her best to keep me updated at all times and always makes sure we understand what's happening. She's stayed after hours to walk through things with us before. My only weakness I've seen with her is I don't know that she always communicates some of what I've told her straight to Dr. Wolf, even when I think it 's been relevant information...Each IUI was $350 and they recommended 2 per cycle (one the day before ovulation and one the day of). They also recommended Ovidrel all 5 tries - which was $99. They've given a cost sheet for IVF but I'm not entirely sure how much that will cost.
How was your experience with Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
We met with Dr. Wolf and discussed our case with her for over an hour on our first visit. She had clearly spent a lot of time and attention to detail on our case and had a full plan ready to recommend. She was very knowledgeable and very compassionate towards us. We saw her on most of our visits, but for most of my ultrasounds and check-ins those were very quick and dirty. She always takes time if you do have questions, though, and really cares about what she does.
Be ready to deal mostly with your nurse for a lot of the day-to-day stuff, but know that Dr. Wolf really cares about you and your case and will do her best to give you the results you want.
Dr. Wolf used Clomid for my husband and put me on Femara. She upped my dose of Femara after our first IUI, when I only produced one mature egg. We did an IUI, then two medicated cycles (per our request, because of cost) and then one additional IUI. She hoped this would work because I had gotten naturally pregnant (while my husband was on Clomid) despite his sperm issues. She has now recommended we skip to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Jaclyn)
Jaclyn has been very responsive and understanding at all times. She's done her best to keep me updated at all times and always makes sure we understand what's happening. She's stayed after hours to walk through things with us before. My only weakness I've seen with her is I don't know that she always communicates some of what I've told her straight to Dr. Wolf, even when I think it 's been relevant information.
Describe your experience with RMA of Michigan.
This clinic is a pretty well-oiled machine. They make it easy to make and manage appointments. They always know why you're there and what they need to do. They've had practice and it's very evident. I feel very comfortable being in this clinic's hands.
Our insurance covered most of the ultrasounds and blood work, but everything else we had to pay out of pocket. The clomid was not covered (cost around $50). My Femara was (cost us around $10). Each IUI was $350 and they recommended 2 per cycle (one the day before ovulation and one the day of). They also recommended Ovidrel all 5 tries - which was $99. They've given a cost sheet for IVF but I'm not entirely sure how much that will cost.
I believe she is going to allow us to do one embryo but she's prepped us on the risks of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Michigan?
Treated 2011
Dr. Wolf is very personable and sympathetic. However, she glosses over details and let’s her nurses deliver bad news with no explanation. When a cycle fails, I am told to schedule an appointment with her at a later date....Very personable and compassionate....I never felt like part of the treatment plan. I had little knowledge of my chances of success or failure....Demand explainations if you desire detail....not open on holidays. This disrupted one of my cycles
Monitoring appointments [at RMA of MI] were from 6:30-8:00 am and were first come first serve. Sometimes I would show up at 6 and still not get out until 7:30....Only called in 18 gauge needles, not the 22 gauge needles needed for progesterone shots....[Nurse] Very judgmental about choices my husband and I made following genetic testing of our embryos....Early morning hours most days, but not open on holidays. This disrupted one of my cycles, could not report day 1 until three days later.
How was your experience with Lynda Wolf at RMA of Michigan?
Demand explainations if you desire detail.
Very personable and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Describe your experience with RMA of Michigan.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Michigan.
Monitoring appointments were from 6:30-8:00 am and were first come first serve. Sometimes I would show up at 6 and still not get out until 7:30. As a doctor, this was very disruptive to my practice.
$4,500 for genetic testing. The rest was covered by my husband’s insurance.
Preference for eSET.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Michigan.