Medical SchoolU. of Colorado
206-301-5000
1505 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lynn Davis to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr Davis was pleasant, but I felt like just another patient. I feel like because we could “only” afford IUIs out of pocket, we weren’t taken as seriously. I only saw Dr Davis twice during our 4 IUIs - once for a consultation and once when they all failed and she recommended IVF. I didn’t even feel like she was my doctor, really. I felt like my nurse was! All communication was done through the nurse. Dr Davis might respond differently to people doing IVF, but for our IUIs I’d say she was pretty much nonexistent, but nice when we did talk to her twice.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask about the communication methods so you’re not surprised to be only speaking with the nurse and monitored by the nurse the whole time. Come with your own questions. Know and trust your body. Make sure you aren’t put through a cookie cutter / one size fits all process. Ask “why” for each and every medication. Ask her success rates for IUI with endometriosis.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During my 4 IUIs, I saw Dr. Davis once for a consultation and once after they all failed and she recommended IVF. There were no in between hellos or check ins. I think that’s pretty normal but I just didn’t expect that. Our nurse, Brianna, was amazing though!!!
Describe the protocols Lynn Davis used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I’m 30 (was 28 at the time)...My cycle is normal (26 days), ovulate on my own, all hormones came back “normal”, and the only factor known is stage I endometriosis. I was put on Letrozole (Femara) instead of Clomid because of endo. I used Ovidrel for better timing, and progesterone post IUI to help lining if pregnant. For the 4th IUI, they added a low dose of Gonal-f to try to produce more eggs (I think?). I always had 1 mature egg on my own anyways.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Brianna Correa)
My nurse, Brianna, was amazing. She responded to every worried email I had with care and great explanation. She helped me at early hours when my OPK came back positive naturally before I used ovidrel and told me what to do before it was too late. She did all of my IUIs. I felt like she was my doctor. She made SRM worth it - even though nothing worked so far! (Still haven’t tried IVF).
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
-Semen collection for IUIs are awkward. I wish we had a discreet way of saying whether or not we want to go in the room with our partner (or moreso if our partner wants us to go in). -Kind front desk staff. -Clean environment. -Great nurse care. -Low doctor involvement for IUI. -Good communication with nurse.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was quoted $17,300.00 for one cycle of IVF. (Out of pocket - our insurance covers $0.) We paid about $1,000 total for each IUI - so $4,000 total. Smaller fees throughout - such as consultation (which I think is like $250), hormone tests, AMH test, final consultation ...etc.
Describe Lynn Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Dr. Davis is very personable and compassionate and was understanding of my desire to understand the scientific specifics about my treatment plan. She set realistic expectations from the onset. I found her manner reassuring and lacking any evidence to the contrary, I trust her abilities...You won't see your primary doctor often, but you do have the ability to get questions routed to them via the portal...Antagonist protocol with a Lupron trigger (Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide). This seemed to be the standard protocol
3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and self-advocate. There are aspects of my treatment plan that were included, but I only knew that because I asked about them. There might be things you want to explore that aren't offered up by the doctor.
The errors made by my coordinator in scheduling and ordering medications, gave me the impression that I was another patient ID and not relating to me as a person with specific requests for my treatment.
Antagonist protocol with a Lupron trigger (Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide). This seemed to be the standard protocol and there were only minor adjustments to medications to address data that was only available after the first cycle. Overall results seem to be about as expected. Lupron trigger was to reduce chances for OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Elsa Haile)
The general nursing staff was great! They were friendly and competent and were the only people that made me feel like a person However, my coordinator made several mistakes in scheduling, communicating, and prescription refills that left me feeling that I needed to double-check all scheduling, confirm instructions repeatedly, and keep an active watch over prescription doses and amounts so I could notify her with enough time to get refills with out it resulting in me paying rush fees. My following up, due to my lack of confidence in her ability, seemed to generate annoyance from her.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
From what I can gather from other folk's experiences, the clinic is efficient. I can generally get appointments in a timely fashion and there is little waiting. You won't see your primary doctor often, but you do have the ability to get questions routed to them via the portal.
IUI cycles were medicated with only Clomid and ran around $600 per cycle. Egg Retrieval for freezing was a flat $11,950 per cycle excluding medications. PGS was an additional $2,000 for biopsy per cycle and $2,250 to lab (up to 8 samples). Medications ran approximately $5k per cycle. Frozen transfers are quoted at a flat $3,500 per cycle excluding medications. Medications are estimated to be $2,000 per cycle.
Since I brought up PGS testing before IVF treatment started and was clear that we preferred eSET there was little to no discussion on multiple embryo transfer.
2012 - 2015
Endometriosis, Unexplained
My husband and I never felt like we were just a job for Dr Davis or Lindsay [a nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. We were people that they cared about. I tell all of my friends who are struggling with infertility to not waste another second and go see Dr. Davis. I think she is an amazing Dr. She wasted no time in coming up with our protocol and when it didn't work the first time she knew just what to do the next time by adding in icsi.
2012 - 2015
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis was always very kind and made my husband and I feel comfortable. She answered all of our questions in a way we felt like she was a friend and no question was ever too silly. The same goes for our nurse coordinator, Lindsay Craig. Most of the time I dealt with Lindsay and anytime I needed her she was available whether over the phone or emails. The longest I ever waited for a response was by the end of the day. She was very prompt. My husband and I never felt like we were just a job for Dr Davis or Lindsay. We were people that they cared about. I tell all of my friends who are struggling with infertility to not waste another second and go see Dr. Davis. I think she is an amazing Dr. She wasted no time in coming up with our protocol and when it didn't work the first time she knew just what to do the next time by adding in icsi.
The entire staff treated both my husband and I with kindness and care. They were empathetic and understanding and answered all our questions in detail and no question was too silly for them. All of my emails and calls were answered and returned promptly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: lindsay craig)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have had successes with them [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] resulting in blessing us with our sweet 2 year boy, and we have had fails with them, a negative ivf and a positive fet resulting in miscarriage. And still I feel so strongly that they have got me pregnant once, they will do it again, when I'm ready. I can't praise them enough. It's kind of hard to know exactly what to say when I think they are just amazing at what they do and amazing people who sincerely care about their patients. I think that's a big part for me as an infertile and many others I know, that our Drs really, truly care and want to see our dreams come true. It means the world and they mean the world to me because they gave me my world, my beautiful boy.
Ivf with icsi was 13,000 not including meds. Iui were around 2,000.
2012 - 2018
Dr. Davis is well spoken, kind, compassionate, professional, and smart. She also really wants us to get pregnant, and is so disappointed when we get a negative result. I know that I can always contact Dr. Davis by phone and/or email.... We've had 3 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 cancelled IVF due to low response, and 1 FET. We used different protocols for every cycle.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be proactive. If you have questions, ask them.
Dr. Davis and my nurse, Tina, are always kind, professional, and are always available by phone and email.
Oh goodness, I don't remember. We've had 3 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 cancelled IVF due to low response, and 1 FET. We used different protocols for every cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
Tina is absolutely amazing. She is calm, kind, professional, and shows that she cares about me as a person. She is also responds quickly to emails and phone calls.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Multiple locations, the Seattle location is open Saturdays and Sundays, great group of doctors, great receptionists, they do a ton of tests in house Weaknesses: Some of the nurses that do blood draws in Seattle on the weekends aren't very good, expensive
We did a package plan through Attain, Attain IVF Refund 2+ Program in 2016. It was 25,950. Our current cycle of IVF is $13,742.02. I don't remember the cost of the other rounds of IVF.
We only transfer one or two embryos at a time.
Kirkland
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
She [Dr. Davis] was very kind and compassionate. I didn't feel rushed. She called me personally, something that other doctors had never done before.... Strengths: Kind, compassionate, doesn't seem rushed Weaknesses: Uninformed about alternative treatments (such as Reproductive immunology, anti histamine protocols). Her plan for me after 3 failed attempts was just to "keep trying." She didn't have any new ideas for me
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She's very kind and warm. Don't expect her to think outside the box though
She was very kind and compassionate. I didn't feel rushed. She called me personally, something that other doctors had never done before.
We did a eSET transfer of a PGS tested embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
Kimmy was actually the nurse for a different SRM doctor who I had used before. I requested her again because she's so wonderful. She's warm, compassionate, responsive, attentive and conscientious
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is warm, welcoming. The med assistants and front desk staff are lovely. Their lab is mediocre. I got much better results at a different clinic (made 6, 5 day embryos, which is more than I made during my 3 cycles at SRM combined..) Their business and billing offices are very disorganized, unresponsive and slow, however.
$3500 for FET
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Davis is very professional and has research to back up her recommendations. However I did not feel like she spent much time reviewing my actual case after our first visit. I had to constantly remind Dr. Davis and her nurse about the details of my situation. I also feel like we were put on a protocol and no efforts were made to adjust it no matter what happened with a cycle. I definitely felt more like a "number" rather than an individual.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask a lot of questions and make sure you are comfortable with your plan of care and know exactly what you are planning to do and why.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Our experience with the nursing staff was hit and miss. There were several errors made that fortunately I was quick enough to catch. Concerning to think what would have happened if I hadn't been paying attention or hadn't known to question what I was being told. (for example was told to start progesterone much too soon after an IUI- I questioned it TWICE before the nurse changed her directions).
Egg retrieval freeze all cycle with PGS around $15000
2012 - 2013
We got a beautiful baby boy out of this so I cant complain too much but we did feel as if there was a lack of emotional understanding while going through this process with her [Dr. Lynn Davis]...Communication wasn't the best and we didn't feel like she understood the emotions both my wife and I were going through, but she is an outstanding doctor... Also we were given the wrong schedule for the doses of the injectable hormones (clerical error by a nurse) which as you can imagine totally freaked us out.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We got a beautiful baby boy out of this so I cant complain too much but we did feel as if there was a lack of emotional understanding while going through this process with her. Also we were given the wrong schedule for the doses of the injectable hormones (clerical error by a nurse) which as you can imagine totally freaked us out.
Know that you are getting a great doctor but don't expect any warm and fuzzes she is all business. So if your wife needs a little more emotional support this might be the only area I would take into consideration.
too long ago don't remember
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: large scale production Weakness: you are a number
15k for one IVF cycle not including the meds which I believe were another 4-5k