MacKenzie Purdy

Vios Fertility Institute

Not available by email
Not available by direct line
Available by cell phone
Swansea
6 Bronze Pointe
Swansea, IL 62226
618.509.5523
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend MacKenzie Purdy to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vios Fertility Institute to a friend?
2020
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
Dr Purdy is amazing! I would have loved for her to see me more often during my treatments. Instead I only saw her once during monitoring, and then again at egg retrieval...I wasn’t told the actual protocol. This is another thing that I wish had been discussed thoroughly with me. I was just told to start medications after baseline assessment. I was started on follistim and menopur to begin stimulating my ovaries to mass produce.
I received a financial breakdown of covered services [at Vios Fertility Institute]...The clinic has 3 locations but only 1 that performs transfers and procedures of the such. It is usually quite busy and appointments were always running behind schedule. The clinic felt cold especially in the waiting areas. Not warm and cozy like you would expect. Also I found it not to be the cleanest. The lobby has photos of cute little babies that have been conceived using IVF but I didn’t feel any relation as none were African American. I would love to see a more cleaner, diverse, warm, and inviting clinical area.
2020
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with MacKenzie Purdy at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr Purdy is amazing! I would have loved for her to see me more often during my treatments. Instead I only saw her once during monitoring, and then again at egg retrieval. I also had one teleheath visit with Dr. Purdy. All other visits were handled by other physicians in the practice and because there were lots of patients to see during the COVID-19 pandemic I always felt I had no communication or education on how to administer medications, the IVF process and what to expect. I was constantly googling or watching YouTube videos for answers. Not good.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of MacKenzie Purdy at Vios Fertility Institute?
The advice that I would give is to always do your research. Know that the process is very emotionally, physically and financially draining on both partners. There aren’t any guarantees with IVF so it is important to understand and prepare for that. Know all of your options and choose what’s best for you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with MacKenzie Purdy at Vios Fertility Institute?
On several occasions I wasn’t seen by my doctor but by other doctors in the office. My doctor was very good at explain things but the other physicians would just do their duty and not answer questions. I felt I was just a task to them as I wasn’t “their” patient.
Describe the protocols MacKenzie Purdy used in your cycles at Vios Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I wasn’t told the actual protocol. This is another thing that I wish had been discussed thoroughly with me. I was just told to start medications after baseline assessment. I was started on follistim and menopur to begin stimulating my ovaries to mass produce. After a few days cetrotide was started. I was told this was to prevent me from ovulating. I continued this regimen until told to trigger with hcg two nights before egg retrieval. I was told the hcg would mature the follicles in preparation for retrieval.
The nurses seemed very busy all the time. I didn’t get educated on procedures and what to expect especially with medications. I was told to watch videos. Amy, my nurse at egg retrieval and also at transfer was amazing! She took the time to explain everything to me and she was very warm and personable. Also the lab techs were amazing! Always very friendly.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Vios Fertility Institute.
I took A LOT of days off work for monitoring. I missed A LOT of pay due to this. I was only able to schedule appointments on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as this is the monitoring schedule for VIOS. Well I work Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 5am-5:30pm as a dialysis nurse and this conflicted horribly with my work schedule. Unable to get any other days I had to take a leave of absence from work to get through stimulation, egg retrieval and transfer. Not happy about the inability to have flexibility in monitoring schedules and times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under MacKenzie Purdy at Vios Fertility Institute.
I was referred to VIOS by my insurance provider and WINFERTILITY. I received a financial breakdown of covered services. Although it states covered I have been charged for lab services totaling $2000 and medications approximately $300 also I am charged a copay for doctor visits, $50 each visit. Not yet sure what will be sent to me as I just completed egg retrieval, transfer and cryoperservation of 1 embryo. We shall see.
Describe MacKenzie Purdy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Vios Fertility Institute.
I agreed with the decision to transfer the 1 grade 4AB embryo on day 5. I had 1 expanded blast, 2 morulas, and 3 early blast. So on day 5 we transferred the best quality embryo. On day 6 4 of the 5 embryos arrested and 1 developed to a expanded blast grade 4AB. That embryo has been frozen.
What specific things went wrong at Vios Fertility Institute?
MacKenzie Purdy
Vios Fertility Institute
O'Fallon
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with MacKenzie Purdy at Vios Fertility Institute.