Medical SchoolU of Alexandria
ResidencyGa Bapt Med
5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-851-9300
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Magdi M. Hanafi to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gyn & Fert Specialists to a friend?
Endometriosis, PCOS
He [Dr. Hanafi] is very thorough when explaining treatment, medications, side effects and procedures. He follows up with me regularly outside of the office and is always available when I have concerns or questions....He has a good sense of humor which is helpful through the process....I used clomid at first to stimulate ovulation in which I did not respond to. He then tried Femara which I have responded to every cycle. He prescribed me metformin to assist with PCOS....
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
He is very thorough when explaining treatment, medications, side effects and procedures. He follows up with me regularly outside of the office and is always available when I have concerns or questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
Listen and take notes and if you have questions don’t be afraid to ask. He has a good sense of humor which is helpful through the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
They greet me by name when I go see him. They are very encouraging and supportive of my goals. They are also very sympathetic when the procedure do not works.
Describe the protocols Magdi M. Hanafi used in your cycles at Gyn & Fert Specialists and their degree of success.
I used clomid at first to stimulate ovulation in which I did not respond to. He then tried Femara which I have responded to every cycle. He prescribed me metformin to assist with PCOS. I have undergone surgery to clean out my ovaries, Fallopian tubes and uterus. He removed a septum in my uterus as well. I have also had 2 HSG dye tests to check for blockages since the surgery. No major blockages have shown on X-ray once the dye has passed through. I have completed 3 cycles of IUI in which neither have taken. Our option at this time is to continue trying more cycles. We would love to do IVF if it will be an option financially
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gyn & Fert Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Kayleigh )
She was always available when I would call and very patient whenever I asked for further detail with medications and procedures. She always gave me my results within a timely manner. She is very compassionate when I am down due to procedures not working.
Describe your experience with Gyn & Fert Specialists.
The strengths are that they always fit you in when needed. They call with results right away when they have them. They also work with me with payments with certain procedures. The only weakness I can think of one time a receptionist read me my results giving me false information. Other than that I enjoy going there and everyone is so nice. The clinic is called GYN & Fertility Speciliast of Atlanta not Ga Repro specialists. Accidental clicked on that one
Describe the costs associated with your care under Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists.
I have had to pay for trigger shots which are $150 and the IUI procedures which were $320. I have had to pay for the progesterone suppositories which were $60 for 3 month supply. They filed my insurance for ultrasounds, blood work and office visits.
Describe Magdi M. Hanafi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gyn & Fert Specialists.
I have not had these procedures
What specific things went wrong at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
2010 - 2016
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Hanafi doesn't give up no matter what...Dr. Hanafi is funny, smart, a hard worker and cares about your health...Excellent doctor and I have friends who have gotten pregnant off referrals from me hopefully this will be my time ...
2010 - 2016
Black or African-American, Other
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
Dr. Hanafi is funny, smart, a hard worker and cares about your health.
Everyone knows your name and they make you feel like you are family. Dr. Hanafi doesn't give up no matter what.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gyn & Fert Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Describe your experience with Gyn & Fert Specialists.
Strengths: Quality care - that why I keep going back. Weakness: The parking and wait time can sometimes be an issue.
I guess it would depend on your insurance.