Strongly recommend: 50%Don't recommend: 50%5

1016 5th Avenue
212-734-5555

2017, 13 Eggs Frozen
Investor
This is white-glove fertility treatment. After having a suboptimal experience trying to freeze my eggs at another clinic, I upgraded to see Dr Fateh. He spent nearly an hour on the first visit explaining the process to me and asking about my prior experience. In addition to addressing all my concerns, he clearly laid out what I would expect over the 10-14 day process. He saw me personally at each office visit and helped me understand how the cycle was progressing. The medications and dosages he prescribed did not change my mood at all compared to significant swings with my initial attempt. The day of the retrieval went very smoothly and I was able to successful freeze 13 eggs.
NYFI is a small clinic that only takes on a certain number of patients each year. There are only two doctors in the practice, and both of them are there every day. Dr. Fateh has been a fertility specialist for 40 years, but remains extremely in touch with the technological changes and medical advancements. The NYFI office itself is cozier than other clinics, and the quality of service is much higher. The office is on the UES and I traveled there from the West Village - not convenient, but completely worth it!
How was your experience with Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute?
Make sure you understand the fully loaded cost at the outset. This is NOT a low-cost option. Even knowing that, there are a number of hidden fees that kept popping up. The entire procedure, including medication, was $23K.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute?
Dr Fateh saw me personally every time I visited. He spent as much time with me as I needed and always made sure to fully explain the process, progress and results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kara Caputo)
Kara, the nurse and office manager, was amazing. The receptionist however was quite annoying. While well intentioned I know, she degraded the overall experience in the office.
Describe your experience with New York Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute.
$23K total - about $6K for medication and $17K for appointments, retrieval, bloodwork, ultrasounds, oocyte processing / transport / storage
What specific things went wrong at New York Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New York Fertility Institute.
The office operations are very old school, and therefore less efficient than experiences most consumers have on a daily basis. For example, I had to pay after each individual visit (this is 6 times over 11 days). Not the end of the world, but sort of irritating. They also do not accept American Express.
Majid Fateh
2014 - 2015, Successful
Surrogacy With Other Docs
How was your experience with Majid Fateh at New York Fertility Institute?
He is warm, kind, caring, professional, optimistic, informative, accessible, smart and truly a partner in the process as is his colleague and his entire staff
To listen to his advice, ask questions and know that he is there for you 100%
They were incredibly hands on and always made me feel like my husband and I were their primary concern. They were reachable nights and weekends and always made me feel special and cared for
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York Fertility Institute.
The nurses, clinicians, embryologists all showed extreme care and interest
Majid Fateh