Medical SchoolUniversity Of Toronto
FellowshipUniversity Of Toronto
9449 E Imperial Hwy
Downey, CA 90242
833-574-2273
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mandana Ghahremani to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.4

4.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente SoCal to a friend?
Dr. Ghahremani is very empathetic. She is always calm and direct. She makes us feel like a family member rather than her patients.... We are very at ease with Dr. G. She has always been so compassionate and I love her calm demeanor. It helps me not to freak out or stress about what we are doing. She’s done my last IUI and I didn’t feel a thing compared to previous ones done by her NP. We trust her and that is why we decided to do our IVF treatment with her, too.
How was your experience with Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
If you want a doctor who shows compassion and will treat you like family rather than just one of their patients, then go see Dr. G.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Mandana Ghahremani used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
We have not started IVF. My review is based solely on our other treatments prior to IVF. We were put in clomid treatment, starting with the lowest dose and then increased over the next 3 months. All the 3 cycles partnered were with IUI and resulted in a negative pregnancy. We started with the lowest dose of Clomid on our very first treatment, which didn't make me ovulate so Dr. G increased the next dosage, which resulted to ovulation and primed for IUI. I think increasing the dosage incrementally was a safe thing to do. I was fully on board with her rationale because you wouldn't know how a patient will react to the treatment. We were given a one month break after our last clomid treatment and then started on menopur for the next 3 months. Again with IUI and all resulted in a negative pregnancy. With menopur, I was at risk for ovarian hyperstimulation so I was closely monitored for over a week on my last two cycles. Unfortunately, still not pregnant even though the risk of multiples were explained to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Liz Vargas)
We loved the nursing team. They were efficient and always on time! They also made sure we were Always comfortable and at ease. During the times I had my IUI my husband would play Friends on his phone to keep me distracted a d the team were all on board.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
We were seen by the Kaiser Infertility Clinic team in their Downey, CA location. Dr. Ghahremani is also affiliated with a private IVF clinic in Beverly Hills. The Kaiser clinic was always clean. Despite being always busy, everyone was friendly and sympathetic. They made it easy for us to go through what we're going through. Hard enough as it is, I'm grateful I don't have to worry about anything because they're all on top of things. The nurses go above and beyond and always a friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser insurance covered our treatments there but for IVF we were given a range from 12k to 24k depending on what other services we would need. We will have our initial consult next no the to go over details.
Describe Mandana Ghahremani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Not applicable.
Downey

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Dr. Ghahremani is very approachable. Also don’t be afraid to say you don’t want to do certain medication or treatment, she will be understanding and respect your decision. ... Dr. Ghahremani keeps it real but Ofcourse in a sensitive and emphatetic manner. ... Every time we have been phased with a challenge or an obstacle due to being a poor responder, she gives me a sense of hope by not giving up. I feel very comfortable telling her how I feel, what I hope and what I feel is best.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
How was your experience with Mandana Ghahremani at Reproductive Fertility ?
From the very first time I met Dr. Ghahremani I was very impressed by her compassion and her knowledge. She did not sugar coat anything and I absolutely love that. She is very honest but without sounding rude or insensitive. Every time we have been phased with a challenge or an obstacle due to being a poor responder, she gives me a sense of hope by not giving up. I feel very comfortable telling her how I feel, what I hope and what I feel is best. I like that she gives suggestions but doesn’t push anything on me. She makes me and my husband feel like it’s our decision at the end. I love that when she emails me or calls me she always asks me how am I. I like that about her.overall my experience with Dr. Ghahremani has been great, eventhough we still haven’t achieve pregnancy. I know it has nothing to do with the Dr. but more with how my body responds to treatment. I look forward to my experience in working with Dr.Ghahremani in our next phase of treatment with Ivf
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mandana Ghahremani at Reproductive Fertility ?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. This is your body, your money. Dr. Ghahremani is very approachable. Also don’t be afraid to say you don’t want to do certain medication or treatment, she will be understanding and respect your decision. Also be prepared not to get any guarantees. Dr. Ghahremani keeps it real but Ofcourse in a sensitive and emphatetic manner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mandana Ghahremani at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Ghahremani is very compassionate and empathetic. She takes her time hearing my concerns or answering any questions I may have. She doesn’t rush through any information being given to me. She always available outside of our appointment via email or phone. When she talks to me I feel heard, understood and not like I’m some number.
Describe the protocols Mandana Ghahremani used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
1. Clomid 100mg to induced ovulation due me not ovulating. 2. Clomid 150mg since I didn’t respond to 100. 3. Clomid 200mg since I didn’t respond to 150. 4. Moved on to injectables. 5. Menopur 2 vials, then moved up to 3 and then 4 and had iui. 6. After negative pregnancy test moved on to menopur again starting with 4 vials. Treatment was canceled second week due to body stop responding 7. Met with Dr. Ghahremani to go over failed treatment and make new plan. Plan and consulted about ivf. Now currently waiting to start ivf next month.
Very welcoming, kind and compassionate. Always smiling and making patients feel validated.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
One of the greatest strength of the clinic is their advanced technology and equipment. And Ofcourse their amazing staff. They also have other amenities for their patients, like acupuncture. To this point I have not noticed any weakness if the clinic. The only thing I would say is expect traffic since the location is amidst a traffic location.
Describe Mandana Ghahremani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility .
Reproductive Fertility
Burbank
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I felt like a human because she [Dr. Ghahremani] was very sensitive to this difficult time in our lives....Dr. G was kind and sensitive to my needs. She was available for communication whenever possible. She answered all my questions when I had them. My experience with her was overall positive. She was always booked.... She was optimistic with the Clomid, but also kept it real when she thought the doses were going to be too much for my body.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mandana Ghahremani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Feel free to ask as many questions as needed.
I felt like a human because she was very sensitive to this difficult time in our lives.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Liz Vargas)
Nurse Vargas was very optimistic every time I saw her, made recommendations every time for sexual intercourse for best outcomes.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Everyone was so nice. I developed a great relationship with some of the nurses. They were so sweet. After so many appointments, you get to know them. Con, nurses would get backed up. Waiting time was some 44 minutes after appointment time.
Kaiser , I was double covered through my insurance and my husbands insurance.
None