Medical SchoolWashington University
916-773-5529
Sacramento
1111 Exposition Blvd, #200
Sacramento, CA 95815
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Manuel Doblado to a friend?

5.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northern California Fertility Medical Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
My husband and I have both been extremely happy with out experiences with Dr. Doblado. He is smart, asks our input, is considerate, and has been great with communication. One downside is not being able to see Dr. Doblado every appointment. All the doctors in the practice rotate, and although all the doctors communicate well, sometimes we want to be able to immediately discuss information from appointments with Dr Doblado.
The clinic [Northern California Fertility Medical Center] is warm and comfortable. The people working the front desk are always pleasant and helpful. Everything is done in the clinic, so if sedation is needed for a procedure you don’t have to go to another outpatient facility. Just know that since the doctors rotate, you may not always see your primary doctor at every appointment. ...The nursing staff has been great in our experiences so far. After my surgery they called to check on me and we very considerate throughout all my appointments
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
You won’t see him every appointment, and although we’ve had good experiences with the other doctors, make sure to email Dr Doblado with any questions. Keep a line of communication going!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr. Doblado goes out of his way to not only address clinical needs, but to also calm any concerns or anxieties that come up along the way. He is very responsive to emails and any questions we have.
Describe the protocols Manuel Doblado used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
When we started with Dr. Doblado, I was on my third round of 50mg Clomid prescribed by my gynecologist. He suggested a change in course because in his experience if a treatment doesn’t work after the second time, it won’t work unless there is an adjustment in medication etc. The new plan is to start high dose Clomid 150mg with estrogen and IUI. With the high dose I will be coming in for ultrasound monitoring throughout. Before starting the high dose round, I had a hysteroscopy performed and a uterine septum was found. We then scheduled surgical removal of the septum which was done in the clinic. This pushed my high dose Clomid with IUI round back, but will be starting it in about a month. No pregnancies to date.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic is warm and comfortable. The people working the front desk are always pleasant and helpful. Everything is done in the clinic, so if sedation is needed for a procedure you don’t have to go to another outpatient facility. Just know that since the doctors rotate, you may not always see your primary doctor at every appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
My new patient consultation and septum removal were both mostly covered by insurance (I think combined, I paid under $100). Hysteroscopy was not covered and was about $300. Estimated cost of high dose Clomid and IUI is $3,000.
Sacramento
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Doblado is awesome. He is friendly, very informative and has a great bedside manner. I had to have a d & c for a missed miscarriage and he was so caring and made me feel safe. He is the best! He is very thorough and honest. My husband feels very comfortable with him as well. ... I have had 4 IUI’s to date. ... He is friendly, very informative ... I have had 4 IUI’s to date. I have a possible blocked right Fallopian tube.
I have only been to Northern California Fertility Clinic. We have had only good experiences and continue to work with them to get pregnant. We are very hopeful. ... They [doctors] assured me that I am not too old and treat me with so much respect. The office staff is very friendly and remember you when you check in. The office is clean, has its own labs and onsite procedures. Highly recommend!
European, Latino
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is awesome! Have a consultation with him and you will see!
Dr Doblado was very sweet and had a wonderful bedside manner. I had to have a D & C after my missed miscarriage and he made me feel so comfortable and safe.
I have had 4 IUI’s to date. I have a possible blocked right Fallopian tube. My husband has been tested and he is perfect. I have an 18 year old from a prior relationship. My first couple months we tried oral medications, Clomid and Letrozole. When we did IUI it was oral Letrozole with Gonal F and Ovidril. On CD 1 I had to have an ultrasound to check my uterine lining. Then start oral meds. Sub Q injections and cd 14 another ultrasound to check my uterine lining and egg count. Once my egg was >18, we did the trigger shot. IUI was scheduled for the following 2 days. I’ve gotten pregnant with 3 IUI’s, 1 miscarriage and 2 chemicals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
Kayla was great! Very informative and responds to calls right away. Super friendly and truly wants you to succeed.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I have only been to Northern California Fertility Clinic. We have had only good experiences and continue to work with them to get pregnant. We are very hopeful. I am 40 and have thought I am too old. Dr Doblado and Dr Lovely are great. They assured me that I am not too old and treat me with so much respect. The office staff is very friendly and remember you when you check in. The office is clean, has its own labs and onsite procedures. Highly recommend!
Each IUI round was close to $3,000 with medications and sperm washing, ultrasounds etc
+ Read more- Read less
A lot of the time Dr. Doblado helped me with my need of accommodation. My husband and i both Work a lot and coming in at the drop of a hat was hard. Dr doblado helped accommodate our needs by getting us in later and earlier than the regular clinic would allow. And for that i am greatful.... Every office visit was thorough and he helped me understand fertility treatments because there so confusing and I’m in the medical field! His bedside was awesome, he was compassionate and understanding. Not all families have a 9-5 and some tweaking may be needed to help every lady become a mother.
If i were a new patient [at N CA Fertility Med Ctr-Roseville] i would want to be aware that the providers are on cycles throughout the month. Seeing one provider may not mean you will have a procedure again with them. They rotate to allow coverage of weekends and holidays. Dr doblado only preformed one of the IUI’s and others filled in for him when needed... I first started with 50mg of Clomid and trigger shots called Lupron. We did this for 2 months and unfortunately i only grew 1 follicle each time.
I would suggest to have the patient ask as many questions as possible because there is a lot of big words and names that you might not fully grasp unless you ask what exactly for instance the difference between IUI and IVF is or a compounded medication versus a brand name.
I first started with 50mg of Clomid and trigger shots called Lupron. We did this for 2 months and unfortunately i only grew 1 follicle each time. So after the trigger injection we would proceed with the IUI and then wait two weeks. Unfortunately that didn’t result in pregnancy so we increased the Clomid to 100 and still 1 follicle and no Pregnancy. Today we are in the process of IVF And i have just started birth control and will start injections in 3 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
The medical assistants are a little rough and not very compassionate. I don’t think they understand that we are women on hormones and failed pregnancies and attempts are devastating. I felt like hearded cattle, once i got through the gate of IVF a whole new approach came forth. The nurses are amazing and compassionate. I completely feel at home here.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
If i were a new patient i would want to be aware that the providers are on cycles throughout the month. Seeing one provider may not mean you will have a procedure again with them. They rotate to allow coverage of weekends and holidays. Dr doblado only preformed one of the IUI’s and others filled in for him when needed.
1200 per IUI 13,000 per IVF including meds
Describe Manuel Doblado's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I would like to do multiple embryo transfers, but according to Dr. Doblado my chances of just doing one are over 70% accounting for my age. Therefore i believe and trust in him for a positive result with just one.
What specific things went wrong at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?

2 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Doblado has been amazing. He is a younger doctor which means he cares a lot about being up to date on the newest findings and studies. He respected my knowledge and treated my concerns with statistical evidence and reassurance. He is quick to respond with any questions we have....We have so appreciated Dr. Doblado's attention to our unique situation. He has been kind from the start and listened to me when I explained my concerns and went through vast amounts of research with me in order to put me at ease. He has a great bedside manner and was ready to take action as soon as we were.
I think it is important to know that you will see various doctors during your treatment because they are extremely busy! That being said, we have loved everyone we have seen so far and they are all extremely nice. Our nurse is amazing and we always see her which helps personalize our experience. They are very good about returning phone calls so make sure you leave detailed messages!...I cannot describe how amazing Alyssa is. She is on top of everything at all times!
2 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
So far Dr. Doblado has been amazing. He is a younger doctor which means he cares a lot about being up to date on the newest findings and studies. He respected my knowledge and treated my concerns with statistical evidence and reassurance. He is quick to respond with any questions we have.
I would say to make sure that you ask any questions you have and don't be shy! He is a wealth of information and understands how difficult this process is.
We are on an antagonist protocol-75 iu of Menopur, 200 iu of Gonal F and then cetrotide will be added along with a lupron/hcg trigger. I have my first scan tomorrow and am hoping for beautiful results! He said that I am young with good eggs so they don't want to risk overstimulating me and having me end up with OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
I cannot describe how amazing Alyssa is. She is on top of everything at all times! She always calls back the same day and if she isn't there I get a call back from her colleague because she checks voicemails from home! She has worked with me on donated meds and with the pharmacies to find the cheapest options possible and was so thorough explaining injections. When I was worried about my low baseline AFC she immediately told me that it was a great number and not to panic before I could even say anything! She can read how I'm feeling and she makes sure my husband and I fully understand what is going on during the process. Seriously she is an actual angel!
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The cycle fee was contracted through my insurance at $4,000, Embryo Cryopreservation is $800, and FET is $3,300.
He is very firm on only transferring one embryo. He showed me a lot of data supporting that twin pregnancies are riskier and for a woman my age there is a good chance that transferring only one will work.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Doblado] was very nice. Out of our many transfers it was the only time that the embryo was retained in the catheter. Supposedly it’s not common but he said pregnancy rates are the same. It was a cluster of a situation. Communication between the embryology lab and our room wasn’t great and we didn’t know it was retained for a few minutes and I just laid there.
There has been some turnover [at NCFMC]. The MA’s for our first round we’re super supportive and great. These last two rounds I felt no bond or closeness with any of them. The front desk girls are nice. Nurses are great. It’s a very busy facility. But they still care. I recommend it ... She [nurse] made this experience for us a good one. Even through all the disappointment and pain and loss, she was really there for us. She is amazing
He was very nice. Out of our many transfers it was the only time that the embryo was retained in the catheter. Supposedly it’s not common but he said pregnancy rates are the same. It was a cluster of a situation. Communication between the embryology lab and our room wasn’t great and we didn’t know it was retained for a few minutes and I just laid there.
Do your own research and advocate for yourself. Not just for him, he was very nice, but for yourself. They have set protocols but we are all different people with different issues.
He was very nice and spent time answering my questions.
I don’t recall that exact cycle, I’m on a different protocol for this next retrievaL. I know it was follistim, 75 of menopur, ganirelix, progesterone, dexamethasone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Susan )
She made this experience for us a good one. Even through all the disappointment and pain and loss, she was really there for us. She is amazing
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
There has been some turnover. The MA’s for our first round we’re super supportive and great. These last two rounds I felt no bond or closeness with any of them. The front desk girls are nice. Nurses are great. It’s a very busy facility. But they still care. I recommend it
9950 plus 800 for storage plus 1800 for icsi, 2000 for biopsy for embryos 1750 for first transfer

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Doblado] is a good doctor. He was very thorough at every appointment. He took the time to answer my questions and explain the steps. He never made me feel like just a number. He also had a very pleasant demeanor. It's rare sometimes to find a doctor who can balance both aspects of care- explaining the process while still making the patient feel like they aren't just a number. ...
The clinic [NCFMC] seemed very professional. The billing person was highly knowledgeable of my insurance, out of pocket, and she returned my calls very fast. I really appreciated her help. The front desk staff was always pleasant. The nurses were hit or miss. Sometimes I would interact with one that was really knowledgeable, helpful, and considerate. Other times I would deal with nurses that made me feel like I was just another patient.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He is a good doctor. He was very thorough at every appointment. He took the time to answer my questions and explain the steps. He never made me feel like just a number. He also had a very pleasant demeanor. It's rare sometimes to find a doctor who can balance both aspects of care- explaining the process while still making the patient feel like they aren't just a number.
We used 7.5mg of letrozole, metformin, baby aspirin, and I had a trigger shot of ovidrel for both of my IUIs.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
The clinic seemed very professional. The billing person was highly knowledgeable of my insurance, out of pocket, and she returned my calls very fast. I really appreciated her help. The front desk staff was always pleasant. The nurses were hit or miss. Sometimes I would interact with one that was really knowledgeable, helpful, and considerate. Other times I would deal with nurses that made me feel like I was just another patient.

2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Doblado always answered our questions thoroughly and in a way that was easy to understand. After having a few miscarriages, my anxiety around pregnancy is high and he never made me feel bad for having so many questions or for being worried....While you will be assigned a primary doctor, you will also be seen by other providers. Don't be afraid to ask them questions, too, and if they don't offer you a complete answer, ask Dr. Doblado because he will!
Most of the nurses are very kind and thorough. I can only think of one time when I called with a question and felt kind of blown off. Otherwise, the rest of my experience with them [No Cal Fert Med Ctr] was positive!...The wait time is short, everyone is friendly, they explain the cost thoroughly and clearly and they get you in for appointments as soon as you need one. They are open on the weekends, which I guess that have to be since a cycle is unpredictable!
2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I have and would recommend Dr. Doblado to anyone seeking fertility treatment. At first we were assigned to our case load because his availability for our second consultation was convenient. In the end, it turned out to be the best thing because he's been my favorite doctor to work with. He is kind, honest, explains everything clearly and really takes the time to answer my questions. I like the other doctors too, but sometimes felt rushed with them.
While you will be assigned a primary doctor, you will also be seen by other providers. Don't be afraid to ask them questions, too, and if they don't offer you a complete answer, ask Dr. Doblado because he will! I loved that he was up on the newer research, so be sure to ask him all about that =)
Most of the nurses are very kind and thorough. I can only think of one time when I called with a question and felt kind of blown off. Otherwise, the rest of my experience with them was positive!
about $1200 each cycle