Medical SchoolWashington University
1111 Exposition Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95815
1130 Conroy Lane
Roseville, CA 95661
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Manuel Doblado to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.5
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northern California Fertility Medical Center to a friend?
A lot of the time Dr. Doblado helped me with my need of accommodation. My husband and i both Work a lot and coming in at the drop of a hat was hard. Dr doblado helped accommodate our needs by getting us in later and earlier than the regular clinic would allow. And for that i am greatful.... Every office visit was thorough and he helped me understand fertility treatments because there so confusing and I’m in the medical field! His bedside was awesome, he was compassionate and understanding. Not all families have a 9-5 and some tweaking may be needed to help every lady become a mother.
How was your experience with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
I would suggest to have the patient ask as many questions as possible because there is a lot of big words and names that you might not fully grasp unless you ask what exactly for instance the difference between IUI and IVF is or a compounded medication versus a brand name.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Describe the protocols Manuel Doblado used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
I first started with 50mg of Clomid and trigger shots called Lupron. We did this for 2 months and unfortunately i only grew 1 follicle each time. So after the trigger injection we would proceed with the IUI and then wait two weeks. Unfortunately that didn’t result in pregnancy so we increased the Clomid to 100 and still 1 follicle and no Pregnancy. Today we are in the process of IVF And i have just started birth control and will start injections in 3 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
The medical assistants are a little rough and not very compassionate. I don’t think they understand that we are women on hormones and failed pregnancies and attempts are devastating. I felt like hearded cattle, once i got through the gate of IVF a whole new approach came forth. The nurses are amazing and compassionate. I completely feel at home here.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
If i were a new patient i would want to be aware that the providers are on cycles throughout the month. Seeing one provider may not mean you will have a procedure again with them. They rotate to allow coverage of weekends and holidays. Dr doblado only preformed one of the IUI’s and others filled in for him when needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Manuel Doblado at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
1200 per IUI 13,000 per IVF including meds
Describe Manuel Doblado's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I would like to do multiple embryo transfers, but according to Dr. Doblado my chances of just doing one are over 70% accounting for my age. Therefore i believe and trust in him for a positive result with just one.
What specific things went wrong at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
2 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Doblado has been amazing. He is a younger doctor which means he cares a lot about being up to date on the newest findings and studies. He respected my knowledge and treated my concerns with statistical evidence and reassurance. He is quick to respond with any questions we have....We have so appreciated Dr. Doblado's attention to our unique situation. He has been kind from the start and listened to me when I explained my concerns and went through vast amounts of research with me in order to put me at ease. He has a great bedside manner and was ready to take action as soon as we were.
2 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
So far Dr. Doblado has been amazing. He is a younger doctor which means he cares a lot about being up to date on the newest findings and studies. He respected my knowledge and treated my concerns with statistical evidence and reassurance. He is quick to respond with any questions we have.
I would say to make sure that you ask any questions you have and don't be shy! He is a wealth of information and understands how difficult this process is.
We are on an antagonist protocol-75 iu of Menopur, 200 iu of Gonal F and then cetrotide will be added along with a lupron/hcg trigger. I have my first scan tomorrow and am hoping for beautiful results! He said that I am young with good eggs so they don't want to risk overstimulating me and having me end up with OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
I cannot describe how amazing Alyssa is. She is on top of everything at all times! She always calls back the same day and if she isn't there I get a call back from her colleague because she checks voicemails from home! She has worked with me on donated meds and with the pharmacies to find the cheapest options possible and was so thorough explaining injections. When I was worried about my low baseline AFC she immediately told me that it was a great number and not to panic before I could even say anything! She can read how I'm feeling and she makes sure my husband and I fully understand what is going on during the process. Seriously she is an actual angel!
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I think it is important to know that you will see various doctors during your treatment because they are extremely busy! That being said, we have loved everyone we have seen so far and they are all extremely nice. Our nurse is amazing and we always see her which helps personalize our experience. They are very good about returning phone calls so make sure you leave detailed messages!
The cycle fee was contracted through my insurance at $4,000, Embryo Cryopreservation is $800, and FET is $3,300.
He is very firm on only transferring one embryo. He showed me a lot of data supporting that twin pregnancies are riskier and for a woman my age there is a good chance that transferring only one will work.