5.1

Marcelle Cedars works at

499 Illinois Street
San Francisco, CA 94158

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Poor organization. It was really a problem that I was not assigned one particular person on the staff. No one took responsibility for reviewing my records and keeping me on top of testing.
How was your experience with Marcelle Cedars at UCSF?
Like I said, she did not review my records before appointments and would mis-remember dates and other information, which seemed to me quite critical for the course of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcelle Cedars at UCSF?
See someone else in the practice. She is overloaded and will likely not give your case the attention it needs.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcelle Cedars at UCSF?
The care team was very poorly organized. Dr Cedars did not always review my records before appointments, and on multiple occasions, made mistakes, including regarding my prescription dosage, timing of blood tests, etc.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UCSF.
What specific things went wrong at UCSF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCSF.
I had lots of problems with the UCSF Fertility practice: 1. wrong dosage on prescription given (which Dr Cedars later acknowledged and apologized for) 2. wrong dates given for post-cycle testing (expensive and creating a wasted cycle) 3. failure to test if I was _already_ pregnant before prescribing me a round of fertility drugs which are absolutely not meant for pregnant women 4. mistakenly canceled appointment with Dr Cedars with my rescheduling etc etc
San Francisco

Under Dr. Cedars care, I only saw her twice, in her office - the very first time and then a requested follow up meeting (for an additional $130). She was never truly my doctor as she never saw me in the examining room - EVER! ... She didn't think I was a candidate for IVF. If I could do it over again, I'd skip the IUI, and go straight to IVF. ... The exact procedure Dr. Cedars recommended for me. ... if you're over 35, don't waste your time here.
UCSF are more interested in research and attending conferences then actually attending to patients. If you want personal care, don't go here. You will be a number and don't even get me started with their billing department. ... [Nurse] Ruthie - she always seemed "out to lunch" like this was always her first time or something. ... IUI costs range from $800-$1,000 a cycle. ... if you're over 35, don't waste your time here. ... and find a clinic that cares.
How was your experience with Marcelle Cedars at UCSF?
Dr. Cedars is a great face to the clinic but it seems she and UCSF are more interested in research and attending conferences then actually attending to patients. If you want personal care, don't go here. You will be a number and don't even get me started with their billing department.
If you need "light assistance" and don't have anything "wrong" with you - then go here, i.e. get prescribe clomid, otherwise, don't waste time, and find a clinic that cares. Also, if you're over 35, don't waste your time here.
Describe the protocols Marcelle Cedars used in your cycles at UCSF and their degree of success.
IUI only. She didn't think I was a candidate for IVF. If I could do it over again, I'd skip the IUI, and go straight to IVF. And according to Resolve, women over 35 shouldn't waste their time with IUI's. The exact procedure Dr. Cedars recommended for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSF. (Assigned nurse: Jill )
Describe your experience with UCSF.
Already did.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcelle Cedars at UCSF.
IUI costs range from $800-$1,000 a cycle.
Describe Marcelle Cedars's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UCSF.
What specific things went wrong at UCSF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCSF.
Already did.