Nurse available by email
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Marcelo Barrionuevo to a friend?

5.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Florida to a friend?
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Barrionuevo] came in on his day off to do my second egg retrieval because he knew I felt more comfortable with him there...He modified and canceled my recent frozen embryo transfer because my lining wouldn't grow. He said it's safer to do an ERA on me now and I appreciate how he modified his plan based on my body's poor response to medication...He will only transfer a single embryo into me and is concerned about the increased risk of multiples even though I'd love to have twins. He said it could affect their health and I respect his rationale.
South Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
He is very caring and knowledgeable. The nurses he works with are on the ball and great at answering questions. I lost our baby at close to 9 weeks and am trying again hoping to have a second chance at having a healthy baby and he has never given up on my body and it's ability to conceive despite all of my reservations and self doubt. He came in on his day off to do my second egg retrieval because he knew I felt more comfortable with him there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
If you have questions, make sure to ask them when you meet with him because he is not a mind reader, and he will answer them for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
He would frequently call me after his long days and make time to address my concerns and discuss my results with me. His nurses are excellent too - they were always responsive to my Type A questions and would communicate reliably through the ivf clinic patient portal so that I could be in the loop on my treatment, lab results, and other details.
Describe the protocols Marcelo Barrionuevo used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
They are kind and knowledgeable. They were there to hug me after the miscarriage and are still rooting for me. Very grateful to the nurses there as they made my experience so much better even in the toughest of times.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
They bill you for bills you've paid or shouldn't be paying... I've had to argue with them on the propriety of some charges that were later admittedly removed as errors. The strengths are that they have good nurses and some good doctors.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
It was pretty routine. I'd arrive early around 730am and be seen for bloodwork and ultrasound back to back. Sometimes the clinic was backed up with more patients and it took longer (over 2 hours) and other times I was in and out within 30 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida.
Each egg retrieval was close to $10,000 and we did two egg retrievals. Each frozen embryo transfer was close to $5000 and we have one done transfer. We also pgd and Pgs tested the embryos for the breast and ovarian cancer gene that I have (brca) which was close to $8000 and the medications were over $5000 each cycle. Our insurance didn't cover any of our egg retrieval or transfer costs and only covered progesterone and birth control pills but none of the other ivf stimulation meds or the estrogen patches or the Luperon. We've spent about $50,000 so far on ivf.
Describe Marcelo Barrionuevo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Miami

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Overall, Dr. B [Barrionuevo] is amazing, and I’m glad to have found him. He shows compassion, and doesn’t make you feel silly for asking the simplest/irrational questions. He treats his patients with care. He explains everything in absolute detail. When delivering bad news, he shows empathy and brings an action plan.... During the egg retrieval cycle, we down-regulated with birth control. Once cleared, we started stims. Due to my young age and no apparent issues, I was placed on the lowest dose of Menopur and Follistim.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
Overall, Dr. B is amazing, and I’m glad to have found him. He shows compassion, and doesn’t make you feel silly for asking the simplest/irrational questions. He treats his patients with care. He explains everything in absolute detail. When delivering bad news, he shows empathy and brings an action plan.
Ask all the questions. Sometimes doctors don’t know that we don’t know, and that’s okay! They do this all day. But he will answer all your questions with loving care.
I understood the chances of IVF and fertility upon going in, and doctors are no heros. However, from the beginning, Dr. B explained to us everything in absolute detail. After a failed transfer, he personally called to see how we were doing and what our next steps would be. If we had questions, he’d call us within the expected time. I always feel that my concerns are met. While he has several patients and probably hears the same story again and again, I feel uniquely valued.
During the egg retrieval cycle, we down-regulated with birth control. Once cleared, we started stims. Due to my young age and no apparent issues, I was placed on the lowest dose of Menopur and Follistim. I was monitored almost every other day with bloods and U/S. Once cleared, 48 hours before egg retrieval, I was told to trigger with an intramuscular injection of HCG. For my FET prep, I also began with BC. I then down regulated with Lupron injections. Once cleared, I was given my calendar and told to begin estrogen patches to build up my lining. A week before my scheduled transfer, I came in to ensure my lining was thick enough for transfer. 5 days before transfer, I began PIO injections. After that transfer failed, I followed the same protocol for an ERA to ensure that I had the correct amount of PIO to be receptive to an embryo. I am now currently on my second FET prep, and since my ERA came back “receptive,” I am following the same protocol.
The nursing staff is what makes this clinic what it is. They are on their A game to ensure that you know what you are doing every step of the way. They are compassionate, even when it is difficult. The phlebotomist is my absolute favorite. She’s so sweet and has such a positive aura. And hugs all her patients upon arrival. This journey stinks, but the nurses make it easier.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I could not give any negative feedback to this clinic. The nurses, care coordinators, financial consultants, appointment coordinators, and check out ladies make this all such a pleasant experience. As I mentioned, this journey is hard. But knowing and trusting you are in great hands makes it so much easier. On another note, for someone who works full time, this clinic is ideal. They open at 7:45am and if you show up a few minutes before doors open, you’re one of the first to be attended.
Thankfully I had insurance. Without insurance, each FET would have cost about $10,000, not including medications. The Egg Retrival would have cost $6000.
My clinic is very against transferring more than one embryo, especially if the patients are under the age of 40 and have good quality embryos. I disagree with this mentality, but trust my doctor and am going with the flow. When a patient has gone through multiple heartbreaks, and is also financially unable to follow through with multiple transfers, sometimes transferring multiples is their final chance - emotionally, physically, and financially.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?

1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Barrionuevo was excellent during my initial visit. His response time post second cycle made me feel differently. The clinic advertises it self as "compassion care" but I did not feel the wait time showed compassion, would have understood if he passed the call onto "on call Dr" during his 2 week "vacation", at least it would have some acknowledgement for what I went through and given me some needed closure.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
Ask lots of questions and keep in mind that with a group this large, it's not necessarily Dr. B doing the retrieval/transfer.
After using donor eggs and having a failed cycle, took the Dr two additonal weeks to call me and discuss the results.
Gonal F, Menopur as well as Ganirelix and Leuprolide. Felt my protocol was "the clinic usual" and was not necessarily adapted to my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
First cycle nurse was OUTSTANDING, best part of the clinic. The "donor team" was not organized, I found errors in my protocol and needed to advise them to order a 2nd bottle of medication.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Lead nurse is outstanding, very compassionate. All the med information is very overwhelming. Keep a binder with all of your "documented paperwork". Too many patients at the clinic, you feel part of a "crowd". Talk to other patients while in the "waiting area", you learn so much from the expereiences of others. Don't hesitate to change dr/clinics... this is one of your most important decisions in life and who's on your "team" is crucial. Don't be silent about your infertility struggles.. so many of us are going through this and we can help eachother...if we keep HOPE alive...eventually we will hold our precious one.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
There was often a long wait time but techs were skilled and professional.
Regular IVF cycle close to $12,000 Donor Egg Cyle $20,000
No comments.
Margate

[Dr. Barrionuevo] Gave a very detailed introduction to the IVF process and outlined the procedures and next steps in a personal way for my individual situation to achieve my goals. Answered all my questions, made me feel at ease and confident that I was in good care.... I am 40 with low ovarian reserve. I also had some other complications we found out through further testing. He ordered more tests than my original RE and did so as his main thing was to avoid any “would have/should have/could have dones” if things didn’t go to plan.
How was your experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
Make a list of any questions you may have or fears or doubts and I’m sure he'll be able to answer them directly and honestly to provide you the best chance of achieving your fertility goals.
Spent a lot of time with me, gave detailed information on the process, and potential outcomes. Very thorough and friendly
I am 40 with low ovarian reserve. I also had some other complications we found out through further testing. He ordered more tests than my original RE and did so as his main thing was to avoid any “would have/should have/could have dones” if things didn’t go to plan. I really appreciated this as I want to have all available information prior to treatment so as to further reduce the chances of any surprises or negative results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Darlyng Riego)
Very responsive, friendly, approachable and available
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
All clinics (7 of them) are located on the East coast of Florida - I wish that they would open a satellite clinic on the west coast of Florida - I currently have to drive 1.5hrs there and back for each visit.
There are packages available as well as single cycle costs, also PGS/PGD testing.
Pembroke Pines