Nurse available by email
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Marcelo Barrionuevo to a friend?

4.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Florida to a friend?
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Overall, Dr. B [Barrionuevo] is amazing, and I’m glad to have found him. He shows compassion, and doesn’t make you feel silly for asking the simplest/irrational questions. He treats his patients with care. He explains everything in absolute detail. When delivering bad news, he shows empathy and brings an action plan.... During the egg retrieval cycle, we down-regulated with birth control. Once cleared, we started stims. Due to my young age and no apparent issues, I was placed on the lowest dose of Menopur and Follistim.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
Overall, Dr. B is amazing, and I’m glad to have found him. He shows compassion, and doesn’t make you feel silly for asking the simplest/irrational questions. He treats his patients with care. He explains everything in absolute detail. When delivering bad news, he shows empathy and brings an action plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
Ask all the questions. Sometimes doctors don’t know that we don’t know, and that’s okay! They do this all day. But he will answer all your questions with loving care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
I understood the chances of IVF and fertility upon going in, and doctors are no heros. However, from the beginning, Dr. B explained to us everything in absolute detail. After a failed transfer, he personally called to see how we were doing and what our next steps would be. If we had questions, he’d call us within the expected time. I always feel that my concerns are met. While he has several patients and probably hears the same story again and again, I feel uniquely valued.
Describe the protocols Marcelo Barrionuevo used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
During the egg retrieval cycle, we down-regulated with birth control. Once cleared, we started stims. Due to my young age and no apparent issues, I was placed on the lowest dose of Menopur and Follistim. I was monitored almost every other day with bloods and U/S. Once cleared, 48 hours before egg retrieval, I was told to trigger with an intramuscular injection of HCG. For my FET prep, I also began with BC. I then down regulated with Lupron injections. Once cleared, I was given my calendar and told to begin estrogen patches to build up my lining. A week before my scheduled transfer, I came in to ensure my lining was thick enough for transfer. 5 days before transfer, I began PIO injections. After that transfer failed, I followed the same protocol for an ERA to ensure that I had the correct amount of PIO to be receptive to an embryo. I am now currently on my second FET prep, and since my ERA came back “receptive,” I am following the same protocol.
The nursing staff is what makes this clinic what it is. They are on their A game to ensure that you know what you are doing every step of the way. They are compassionate, even when it is difficult. The phlebotomist is my absolute favorite. She’s so sweet and has such a positive aura. And hugs all her patients upon arrival. This journey stinks, but the nurses make it easier.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I could not give any negative feedback to this clinic. The nurses, care coordinators, financial consultants, appointment coordinators, and check out ladies make this all such a pleasant experience. As I mentioned, this journey is hard. But knowing and trusting you are in great hands makes it so much easier. On another note, for someone who works full time, this clinic is ideal. They open at 7:45am and if you show up a few minutes before doors open, you’re one of the first to be attended.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida.
Thankfully I had insurance. Without insurance, each FET would have cost about $10,000, not including medications. The Egg Retrival would have cost $6000.
Describe Marcelo Barrionuevo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
My clinic is very against transferring more than one embryo, especially if the patients are under the age of 40 and have good quality embryos. I disagree with this mentality, but trust my doctor and am going with the flow. When a patient has gone through multiple heartbreaks, and is also financially unable to follow through with multiple transfers, sometimes transferring multiples is their final chance - emotionally, physically, and financially.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
Miami

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Barrionuevo was excellent during my initial visit. His response time post second cycle made me feel differently. The clinic advertises it self as "compassion care" but I did not feel the wait time showed compassion, would have understood if he passed the call onto "on call Dr" during his 2 week "vacation", at least it would have some acknowledgement for what I went through and given me some needed closure.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
Ask lots of questions and keep in mind that with a group this large, it's not necessarily Dr. B doing the retrieval/transfer.
After using donor eggs and having a failed cycle, took the Dr two additonal weeks to call me and discuss the results.
Gonal F, Menopur as well as Ganirelix and Leuprolide. Felt my protocol was "the clinic usual" and was not necessarily adapted to my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
First cycle nurse was OUTSTANDING, best part of the clinic. The "donor team" was not organized, I found errors in my protocol and needed to advise them to order a 2nd bottle of medication.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Lead nurse is outstanding, very compassionate. All the med information is very overwhelming. Keep a binder with all of your "documented paperwork". Too many patients at the clinic, you feel part of a "crowd". Talk to other patients while in the "waiting area", you learn so much from the expereiences of others. Don't hesitate to change dr/clinics... this is one of your most important decisions in life and who's on your "team" is crucial. Don't be silent about your infertility struggles.. so many of us are going through this and we can help eachother...if we keep HOPE alive...eventually we will hold our precious one.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
There was often a long wait time but techs were skilled and professional.
Regular IVF cycle close to $12,000 Donor Egg Cyle $20,000
No comments.
Margate

[Dr. Barrionuevo] Gave a very detailed introduction to the IVF process and outlined the procedures and next steps in a personal way for my individual situation to achieve my goals. Answered all my questions, made me feel at ease and confident that I was in good care.... I am 40 with low ovarian reserve. I also had some other complications we found out through further testing. He ordered more tests than my original RE and did so as his main thing was to avoid any “would have/should have/could have dones” if things didn’t go to plan.
How was your experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
Make a list of any questions you may have or fears or doubts and I’m sure he'll be able to answer them directly and honestly to provide you the best chance of achieving your fertility goals.
Spent a lot of time with me, gave detailed information on the process, and potential outcomes. Very thorough and friendly
I am 40 with low ovarian reserve. I also had some other complications we found out through further testing. He ordered more tests than my original RE and did so as his main thing was to avoid any “would have/should have/could have dones” if things didn’t go to plan. I really appreciated this as I want to have all available information prior to treatment so as to further reduce the chances of any surprises or negative results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Darlyng Riego)
Very responsive, friendly, approachable and available
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
All clinics (7 of them) are located on the East coast of Florida - I wish that they would open a satellite clinic on the west coast of Florida - I currently have to drive 1.5hrs there and back for each visit.
There are packages available as well as single cycle costs, also PGS/PGD testing.
Pembroke Pines