Reproductive Fertility Center

Irvine, CA 92618
6640 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618
1-888-988-2800
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Marcus Rosencrantz to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Fertility Center to a friend?
2014 - 2017
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The thing that I love about Dr. Rosencrantz is his honesty. He has an ability to present the facts clearly, but also with empathy. He's not afraid to tell you when it's time to move on to another course of treatment, because he has already weighed the risks and thought about what would be the best possible outcome for you and your family. I remember coming back to see him to start trying for our second child after the stillbirth of our daughter he knew all of the details. He made sure to acknowledge the loss of our daughter, he even used her name when we talked about her. He helped us come up with the best course of action in our journey to conceive our next baby. You can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and only wants the best for them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be put off by his honesty. Some people are afraid of people who are really honest with them. But in the business of fertility you want someone who is honest. You want someone who is going to tell you what the best possible options are and also when it is time to move on to a different treatment. Some doctors will let you continue to spend money on things that will not really help you. Dr. Rosencrantz is not afraid to speak the truth, which in the long run will benefit you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
My Husband and I have always loved Dr. Rosencrantz's honesty and empathy. We first saw him a few years ago when we were diagnosed with male factor infertility. After deciding to take a break from trying my husband and I found out that we were expecting, sadly that pregnancy ended in a stillbirth of our daughter at 28 weeks. During this whole experience Dr. Rosencrantz has taken the time to really learn about my husband and I and our stillborn baby. He has helped us come up with what we believe will be the best plan for a successful IVF cycle.
Describe the protocols Marcus Rosencrantz used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
After the stillbirth of our daughter my husband and I decided that we wanted to try IUI six months after her death. We sat down with Dr. Rosencrantz and went over our test results. Since our fertility issues are related to male factor, he recommended some additional things my husband could do to improve his morphology. For our first IUI round we did a combination of Clomid and Menopur injections. With the combination of those drugs I was able to create 3 follicles, after the IUI I used Estrogen Suppositories. After that round was unsuccessful, we added more Menopur and extra Estrogen to thicken my lining. Because I had responded to the Menopur so well we were very optimistic that this would be our round. But it too was unsuccessful. For our third and final IUI we decided that since the last cycle had gone so well we would continue everything the same as the last cycle. This cycle also went well, but it did not result in a positive pregnancy test. After all that we had been through, Dr. Rosencrantz presented a few different options to my husband and I. His recommendation was that we move on to IVF. We cause we are young and I have a high egg count he thinks this would be the best option for us. At this time we have decided to work towards IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Daisy )
Our nursing team was excellent. They were warm, funny, and encouraging.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The Kaiser building that I went to in Irvine is clean and comfortable. All of the appointments are in the morning and traffic can sometimes be a little crazy. But the moment I came into the office I felt comfortable and knew that I was in the best possible hands.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I was very fortunate that Kaiser covers 50% of my fertility medications. The IUI cost was covered completely by my insurance. Each time I saw him it was a $ 20 co-pay. In total each cycle was about $ 400-500.
Describe Marcus Rosencrantz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Our Doctor recommends transferring two embryos but has said that we can do anywhere from one to five.
2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Rosencrantz always took the time to explain what was going on, what procedures we should try and what the likely outcomes would be. He has a great way of making sure you understand the reality of fertility treatments with honest upfront information, but has such great compassion and made us feel like we were all a team working towards the ultimate goal (pregnancy).
2014 - 2018
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Strengths: - explained what was going on, what procedures we should try and what the likely outcomes would be - compassionate - honest and upfront with reality of fertility treatments - always checked in with me - willing to listen to my concerns and ideas
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
With any doctor, research on your own so that you all can come to the table with ideas.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
The nursing staff was amazing. They were all so caring and accommodating. My care coordinator was always willing to answer my "stupid" questions and did so with such grace and a smile. She never made be feel like I was asking stupid questions and always willing to find out that answers for me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic was clean and inviting. The wait time was never very long and the staff was always caring. I was able to ship my medicine to them (as it needed a signature for drop off) and they would hold it for me until I could swing by and get it.
Describe Marcus Rosencrantz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Rosencrantz definitely explained the trade offs of doing eSET vs. multiple embryo transfers. Since we had done PGS he felt eSET would be a better approach for us. This lowers the chance of multiples significantly, which would have been good for us as I am a small human being and commented to him about my doubts around being able to successfully carry multiples.
Reproductive Fertility Center
Irvine
2012 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr Rosencrantz has been my doctor for 5-ish years. We continue to try different methods to talk about what to try next and what the best options are for me. Sometimes he does seem to be a little bit short......He asks personal questions. Things we had discussed in previous visits. Makes sure that I understand what we are doing and that I don’t have questions. He is personable and easy to talk to....
2012 - 2018
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Rosencrantz has been my doctor for 5-ish years. We continue to try different methods to talk about what to try next and what the best options are for me. Sometimes he does seem to be a little bit short, but I also enjoy doing research on my own to see what others with similar situations are doing.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He is very knowledgeable and helpful
The first round of iui we tried clomid and trigger shot and procedure. The second round, we tried clomid. Then after I went in for a checkup, we decided to try menopur and then the trigger shot/procedure. The second one ended as a chemical pregnancy, so hoping this next round will stick.
Overall, they are nice, helpful and able to answer my questions, but they do seem to be quite busy.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This is not a clinic, he is my normal RE at Kaiser. It is helpful that the medical office is on site of the hospital, as there is lab and pharmacy attached for ease of completing those things. Kaiser makes everything simple and easy to find, with the exception of parking. Depending on the time of your appointment, you’ll be lucky to find a spot near-by
My medical insurance covers a good portion of the medical costs.
Other, Unexplained
A huge strength of Rosencrantz is his communication skills, he makes sure that you fully understand what is going on and that you understand the information given to you. The only negative is that he isn't very open minded about holistic treatments to aide in the medical ones, but not many doctors are.... We went through a low level of IUI. Rosencrantz wanted us to begin at a higher level, but frankly I have a massive fear or needles and wasn't comfortable with more injections than the lower level. I am currently taking 50 mg of Clomid for two months.
European, Latino
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how dumb you might feel asking them or if you feel like you're asking to many. Rosencrantz gladly makes certain you are comfortable with the road ahead, and you have all the information you need.
Rosencrantz always took the time needed to ensure that both my husband and I were comfortable with the upcoming treatments or procedures. He was always willing to answer our questions and never tried to hurry us or make us feel like we were just a number.
The nursing staff were friendly. but seemed to be a bit overwhelmed every time I was there.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The office staff were friendly, but sometimes it can be slightly difficult to make an appointment.
Our plan covered 50% of costs. The low level of IUI that we did ended up costing about $5,000
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?