U of Nevada

Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Strongly recommend
Don't recommend
Treated 2019 - 2020
I feel like Dr. Rosencrantz truly cares about each of his patients, and knows exactly where you are with your cycle, how your cycle is going, and what is to come...is the unicorn of doctors who is a genius, and also has great bedside manner! His calm demeanor is so heartwarming in this crazy journey of infertility, and I honestly could not recommend him enough...He responds quickly through the messenger in the patient portal, but also answers any questions over the phone and in-person too...For the trigger, we used lupron and a drop of hcg to ensure I would ovulate, but primarily lupron to prevent ohss, as I had many follicles.
We had 11 embryos make it to day 5/6 and were biopsied and frozen [at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center]. After genetic testing, I currently have 4 geneticall normal embryos ready for transfer...As a newer facility, you aren't competing with hundreds or thousands of patients, trying to get in to see the doctor. In that sense, I feel like you really are a person and not just a number. Each time I arrive for an appointment, I walk right in...She [nurse] is so patient, caring, and understanding, and is always there to answer all of my silly questions.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center?
I am currently still undergoing IVF treatment with Dr. Rosencrantz, but I couldn't recommend him enough to anyone looking for an IVF doctor! I was told by many that most doctors have no bedside manner, but you shouldn't care about that because all you should care about is that they are great doctors. I wanted a genius doctor, but I also wanted someone with good beside manner who would be open to all my questions. Dr. Rosencrantz is the unicorn of doctors who is a genius, and also has great bedside manner! His calm demeanor is so heartwarming in this crazy journey of infertility, and I honestly could not recommend him enough. I was honestly so nervous and scared to go through IVF, as I'm sure everyone is, but he calmed my nervous each visit and even on the day of egg retrieval, calmly told me everything was going to go great, and sure enough it did. I apprecaited that it was the actual doctor that called several times throughout my stim cycle, and it was also my doctor that called about updates throughout the egg retrieval/fertilization process. Anytime I have questions, and I send messages through our patient portal, he responds so quickly. Also, during my visits, it was so nice to see the doctor each time, so that I didn't have to wait to ask questions or see different doctors each visit. 10 out of 10, I would highly recommend!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions! I'm sure he's heard them all, and he will never make you feel stupid for asking questions. He responds quickly through the messenger in the patient portal, but also answers any questions over the phone and in-person too.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center?
I feel like Dr. Rosencrantz truly cares about each of his patients, and knows exactly where you are with your cycle, how your cycle is going, and what is to come. He warned me about all possible side effects, and was spot on with even every symptom and when I would feel them. Dr. Rosencrantz was the one to call with updates after egg retrieval, and has been the one to call with all other updates that had to do with my embryos. I just feel like he truly cares for each of his patients as if they were family.
Describe the protocols Marcus Rosencrantz used in your cycles at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center and their degree of success.
I just completed our egg retrieval portion of our first IVF cycle. During the stim cycle, I took prednisone, prenatals, and folic acid. I did stims for 12 days, and triggered on the 13th day. We used menopur and follistim, then ganirelix for the last few days leading up to trigger. For the trigger, we used lupron and a drop of hcg to ensure I would ovulate, but primarily lupron to prevent ohss, as I had many follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Anderson)
Cindy is the best! I honestly don't think I could have done it without her. She is so patient, caring, and understanding, and is always there to answer all of my silly questions. She is so sweet, so organized, and made the entire process so easy! She always responds to all my messages through our patient portal so quickly, and is so easy to work with on scheduling around my work schedule and what works best for me! Although I primarily worked with Cindy, some of my blood draws through my egg retrieval cycle was with Nurse Kailyn. She is awesome too-- so sweet and so helpful! I couldn't recommend Cindy enough-- she is truly the best!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
The clinic itself is SO beautiful! It is a brand new facility, and everything is so clean and beautiful. There's plenty of parking at the facility, and it's easy to park and find the office. As a newer facility, you aren't competing with hundreds or thousands of patients, trying to get in to see the doctor. In that sense, I feel like you really are a person and not just a number. Each time I arrive for an appointment, I walk right in. I've never had to wait for an appointment upon arrival or in the patient room. Also, with working full-time while undergoing treatment, I was really worried about scheduling and making all the appointments work around my work schedule as much as possible. Cindy is always so helpful in coordinating what time/dates work best for me and it's been such a huge stress relief not having to miss much work! Coming from a hospital's Infertility Department with so many patients, and not having the option to pick appointment times, and having to wait sometimes long periods of time even upon arrival, it has been a dream to just arrive for my appointment and be seen and out the door so quickly!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
Since I work full-time, I asked the Nurse Practitioner if I could be seen early on my way to work. It was no problem for them at all, and I was able to have 7:30am appointments, and get to work by 8/8:15am every time. There was never any wait, it was always super organized, and of course it helped that the office was only about 20 minutes away from my work office. But, I've never felt like I had to work with the clinic's schedule, it was always up to me or I was asked when worked best for me and my schedule! That is amazing!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
I don't have any insurance coverage on IVF, so all expenses were out of pocket including medications.
Describe Marcus Rosencrantz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
Dr. Rosencrantz prefers that I transfer one embryo at a time, especially since I went through genetic testing of my embryos. We had 11 embryos make it to day 5/6 and were biopsied and frozen. After genetic testing, I currently have 4 geneticall normal embryos ready for transfer. We will transfer 1 at a time.
Treated 2014 - 2018
Dr. Rosencrantz always took the time to explain what was going on, what procedures we should try and what the likely outcomes would be. He has a great way of making sure you understand the reality of fertility treatments with honest upfront information, but has such great compassion and made us feel like we were all a team working towards the ultimate goal (pregnancy).
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center-Irvine] was clean and inviting. The wait time was never very long and the staff was always caring. I was able to ship my medicine to them (as it needed a signature for drop off) and they would hold it for me until I could swing by and get it.... The nursing staff was amazing. They were all so caring and accommodating. My care coordinator was always willing to answer my "stupid" questions and did so with such grace and a smile. She never made be feel like I was asking stupid questions and always willing to find out that answers for me.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Strengths: - explained what was going on, what procedures we should try and what the likely outcomes would be - compassionate - honest and upfront with reality of fertility treatments - always checked in with me - willing to listen to my concerns and ideas
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
With any doctor, research on your own so that you all can come to the table with ideas.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic was clean and inviting. The wait time was never very long and the staff was always caring. I was able to ship my medicine to them (as it needed a signature for drop off) and they would hold it for me until I could swing by and get it.
Describe Marcus Rosencrantz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Rosencrantz definitely explained the trade offs of doing eSET vs. multiple embryo transfers. Since we had done PGS he felt eSET would be a better approach for us. This lowers the chance of multiples significantly, which would have been good for us as I am a small human being and commented to him about my doubts around being able to successfully carry multiples.
Reproductive Fertility Center
Treated 2014 - 2017
Our nursing team [at Kaiser Orange County] was excellent. They were warm, funny, and encouraging.... The Kaiser building that I went to in Irvine is clean and comfortable. All of the appointments are in the morning and traffic can sometimes be a little crazy. But the moment I came into the office I felt comfortable and knew that I was in the best possible hands.... For our first IUI round we did a combination of Clomid and Menopur injections. With the combination of those drugs I was able to create 3 follicles, after the IUI I used Estrogen Suppositories. After that round was unsuccessful, we added more Menopur and extra Estrogen to thicken my lining. Because I had responded to the Menopur so well we were very optimistic that this would be our round.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The thing that I love about Dr. Rosencrantz is his honesty. He has an ability to present the facts clearly, but also with empathy. He's not afraid to tell you when it's time to move on to another course of treatment, because he has already weighed the risks and thought about what would be the best possible outcome for you and your family. I remember coming back to see him to start trying for our second child after the stillbirth of our daughter he knew all of the details. He made sure to acknowledge the loss of our daughter, he even used her name when we talked about her. He helped us come up with the best course of action in our journey to conceive our next baby. You can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and only wants the best for them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be put off by his honesty. Some people are afraid of people who are really honest with them. But in the business of fertility you want someone who is honest. You want someone who is going to tell you what the best possible options are and also when it is time to move on to a different treatment. Some doctors will let you continue to spend money on things that will not really help you. Dr. Rosencrantz is not afraid to speak the truth, which in the long run will benefit you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
My Husband and I have always loved Dr. Rosencrantz's honesty and empathy. We first saw him a few years ago when we were diagnosed with male factor infertility. After deciding to take a break from trying my husband and I found out that we were expecting, sadly that pregnancy ended in a stillbirth of our daughter at 28 weeks. During this whole experience Dr. Rosencrantz has taken the time to really learn about my husband and I and our stillborn baby. He has helped us come up with what we believe will be the best plan for a successful IVF cycle.
Describe the protocols Marcus Rosencrantz used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
After the stillbirth of our daughter my husband and I decided that we wanted to try IUI six months after her death. We sat down with Dr. Rosencrantz and went over our test results. Since our fertility issues are related to male factor, he recommended some additional things my husband could do to improve his morphology. For our first IUI round we did a combination of Clomid and Menopur injections. With the combination of those drugs I was able to create 3 follicles, after the IUI I used Estrogen Suppositories. After that round was unsuccessful, we added more Menopur and extra Estrogen to thicken my lining. Because I had responded to the Menopur so well we were very optimistic that this would be our round. But it too was unsuccessful. For our third and final IUI we decided that since the last cycle had gone so well we would continue everything the same as the last cycle. This cycle also went well, but it did not result in a positive pregnancy test. After all that we had been through, Dr. Rosencrantz presented a few different options to my husband and I. His recommendation was that we move on to IVF. We cause we are young and I have a high egg count he thinks this would be the best option for us. At this time we have decided to work towards IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Daisy )
Our nursing team was excellent. They were warm, funny, and encouraging.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I was very fortunate that Kaiser covers 50% of my fertility medications. The IUI cost was covered completely by my insurance. Each time I saw him it was a $ 20 co-pay. In total each cycle was about $ 400-500.
Describe Marcus Rosencrantz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Our Doctor recommends transferring two embryos but has said that we can do anywhere from one to five.
Treated 2015 - 2017
A huge strength of Rosencrantz is his communication skills, he makes sure that you fully understand what is going on and that you understand the information given to you. The only negative is that he isn't very open minded about holistic treatments to aide in the medical ones, but not many doctors are.... We went through a low level of IUI. Rosencrantz wanted us to begin at a higher level, but frankly I have a massive fear or needles and wasn't comfortable with more injections than the lower level. I am currently taking 50 mg of Clomid for two months.
The office staff [at Kaiser Irvine Medical Center] were friendly, but sometimes it can be slightly difficult to make an appointment.... The only thing that went wrong was they forgot to order an essential blood test on cycle day three. It happened to land on a Sunday which meant the office itself was closed. What should have been a 5 minute process ended up taking an hour to complete... The nursing staff were friendly. but seemed to be a bit overwhelmed every time I was there.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how dumb you might feel asking them or if you feel like you're asking to many. Rosencrantz gladly makes certain you are comfortable with the road ahead, and you have all the information you need.
Rosencrantz always took the time needed to ensure that both my husband and I were comfortable with the upcoming treatments or procedures. He was always willing to answer our questions and never tried to hurry us or make us feel like we were just a number.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The office staff were friendly, but sometimes it can be slightly difficult to make an appointment.
Our plan covered 50% of costs. The low level of IUI that we did ended up costing about $5,000
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Irvine
He [Dr. Rosencrantz] asked many follow up questions about how we were doing as a couple and for our mental health outside of treatment. Appeared very interested and engaged with us in conversation. ... He was very patient and answered all of our millions of questions. We were very confident in his ability. ... He is also honest and will tell you exactly like it is.
Kaiser is very organized, fairly easy to navigate. ... I also wish they had fertility options in other locations other than just Irvine. I live in north orange county. ... [nursing staff] Professional, kind, happy ... No treatment started yet, only consultation. Currently we are saving money to be able to afford treatment ... Preference was eSET due to my history of RPL
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
He was wonderful, thorough, compassionate, informative, delicate but honest and presented information clearly. He was very patient and answered all of our millions of questions. We were very confident in his ability. He is unfortunately not with Kaiser any longer, so to follow him to his private clinic may cost us more out of pocket, but he's worth it. If we can somehow financially manage it.
You're in good hands, he is thorough and patient and kind. He is also honest and will tell you exactly like it is. He uses helpful statistics in explaining the outcome of certain situations and he acts as though you are his first patient, meaning he takes time with you as if he has an endless amount. Very patient
He asked many follow up questions about how we were doing as a couple and for our mental health outside of treatment. Appeared very interested and engaged with us in conversation.
Professional, kind, happy
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser is very organized, fairly easy to navigate. But, I do wish the first provider (before Rosencrantz) had suggested testing my husband earlier in the process to avoid painful invasive procedures on myself. I also wish they had fertility options in other locations other than just Irvine. I live in north orange county.
10% co-insurance per visit
Preference was eSET due to my history of RPL
Treated 2012 - 2018
Dr Rosencrantz has been my doctor for 5-ish years. We continue to try different methods to talk about what to try next and what the best options are for me. Sometimes he does seem to be a little bit short......He asks personal questions. Things we had discussed in previous visits. Makes sure that I understand what we are doing and that I don’t have questions. He is personable and easy to talk to....
[Kaiser] It is helpful that the medical office is on site of the hospital, as there is lab and pharmacy attached for ease of completing those things. Kaiser makes everything simple and easy to find, with the exception of parking. Depending on the time of your appointment, you’ll be lucky to find a spot near-by...Overall, they [nurses] are nice, helpful and able to answer my questions, but they do seem to be quite busy.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Rosencrantz has been my doctor for 5-ish years. We continue to try different methods to talk about what to try next and what the best options are for me. Sometimes he does seem to be a little bit short, but I also enjoy doing research on my own to see what others with similar situations are doing.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. He is very knowledgeable and helpful
The first round of iui we tried clomid and trigger shot and procedure. The second round, we tried clomid. Then after I went in for a checkup, we decided to try menopur and then the trigger shot/procedure. The second one ended as a chemical pregnancy, so hoping this next round will stick.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Overall, they are nice, helpful and able to answer my questions, but they do seem to be quite busy.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This is not a clinic, he is my normal RE at Kaiser. It is helpful that the medical office is on site of the hospital, as there is lab and pharmacy attached for ease of completing those things. Kaiser makes everything simple and easy to find, with the exception of parking. Depending on the time of your appointment, you’ll be lucky to find a spot near-by
My medical insurance covers a good portion of the medical costs.
Treated 2014 - 2020
[Dr. Rosencrantz] Used clomid in increasing doses with ultrasound monitoring regularly. When this didn't work we switched to injectables for stimulation (menopur). After a few cycles of iui we got pregnant with our first. Years later we started with 3 cycles of iui but it didn't work so we switched to ivf. Worked on the first FET. Years later we did another FET and are pregnant now. Each strategy was progressive, the next best thing.
The facility [Reproductive Health and Wellness Center] is beautiful and clean. They clearly have invested in state of the art technology. They're well organized, punctual, all around awesome. I love the hundreds of baby photos in the halls! The place is so inviting and serene. I like the online patient portal...Used clomid in increasing doses with ultrasound monitoring regularly. When this didn't work we switched to injectables for stimulation (menopur). After a few cycles of iui we got pregnant with our first. Years later we started with 3 cycles of iui but it didn't work so we switched to ivf. Worked on the first FET. Years later we did another FET and are pregnant now. Each strategy was progressive, the next best thing.
He has always treated us with genuine compassion. He made us feel like friends. He made us feel like he was pulling for us and hoping for a positive outcome. He always made us feel like he was on our side.
Trust him. He knows the right way.
He spoke to us with compassion and true care
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
So nice, personable, made conversation, smiled, made us feel good.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
The facility is beautiful and clean. They clearly have invested in state of the art technology. They're well organized, punctual, all around awesome. I love the hundreds of baby photos in the halls! The place is so inviting and serene. I like the online patient portal.
FET was about $4000 plus drugs.
They picked the higheSt graded pgs-tested embryo each time

Treated 2018 - 2019
We are very pleased with the services provided by Dr. Rosencrantz and his team [Repro Fert Ctr]. ... All procedures were fully explained and they took time to answer our questions. ... We are extremely thankful for the professionalism of Dr. Rosencrantz and his help for us to achieve our beloved pregnancy. ... We have been very pleased with the level of care provided, and recommend Dr. Rosencrantz and his team.
The office [Reproductive Fertility Center] is clean and well run. The only downside is it is busy at times, but the staff makes you feel welcome. Parking and access to the office is very convenient. We would recommend Dr. Rosencrantz and his team to anyone. ... Everyone who works there is prompt and attentive to your concerns. ... The staff has always been friendly and addressed our every concern on every visit, and between visits
We are very pleased with the services provided by Dr. Rosencrantz and his team. The staff has always been friendly and addressed our every concern on every visit, and between visits. All procedures were fully explained and they took time to answer our questions. The office is clean and well managed. We have been very pleased with the level of care provided, and recommend Dr. Rosencrantz and his team. We are extremely thankful for the professionalism of Dr. Rosencrantz and his help for us to achieve our beloved pregnancy.
Don't hesitate to make the visit. You will feel well cared for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Everyone who works there is prompt and attentive to your concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The office is clean and well run. The only downside is it is busy at times, but the staff makes you feel welcome. Parking and access to the office is very convenient. We would recommend Dr. Rosencrantz and his team to anyone.
Reproductive Fertility Center
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. Marcus Rosencrantz] was always genuinely concerned about my issues...He suggested us to move to IVF but I insisted him first try with IUI a couple of rounds and he is fine with that. Started my first IUI. I went for my day 3 scan and he said I have a cyst in my right ovary of size 30mm. So we decided to go unmedicated. Again I went on day 12 scan , My follicle was 12mm in size and my cyst vanished. I normally ovulate around day 18. so again a scan was scheduled 4 days later then my follicle measured 17.5 mm. I took trigger shot next day and after 36 hours IUI. I am in my TWW
got the free consultation [at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center]. And for IUI, 190 for each ultrasound. Had 3 ultrasound. and 425 for insemination...This is a new facility very clean and organised. It looked smaller when I checked it first but when I went inside it is little bigger. Clinic bills are moderate compared to other fertility hospitals around Los Angeles. One thing I am happy about this clinic is that no wait time for both starting the procedure or during visits
He was always genuinely concerned about my issues
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
We have got the free consultation. And for IUI, 190 for each ultrasound. Had 3 ultrasound. and 425 for insemination.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I was prescribed menopur with a trigger shot for 3 cycles of IUI [with Dr. Rosencrantz] . Did not work. Also removed fibroids prior to 2 IUI...He was down to earth and would explain in detail and made sure you were comfortable with what was being discussed and done...was a great infertility specialist. He treated not on my infertility but removed my fibroids. He was always professional and well mannered doing consultations...Dr. Marcus Rosencrantz in my and my husbands opinion was a great infertility specialist. He treated not on my infertility but removed my fibroids. He was always professional and well mannered doing consultations
My insurance only covered 50% each IUi [at Kaiser Permanente] was about $800 and about 8700-$900 in medication...I was prescribed menopur with a trigger shot for 3 cycles of IUI. Did not work. Also removed fibroids prior to 2 IUI...She [nurse] was the first person to make me feel comfortable and I would look forwArd to seeing her at my appointments...Dr. Marcus Rosencrantz in my and my husbands opinion was a great infertility specialist. He treated not on my infertility but removed my fibroids. He was always professional and well mannered doing consultations
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
To be open minded. Scary to seen a different or a new specialist for the first time. But Dr. Roscencrantz and his team always present the best attitude and confidence
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Lorena p)
She was the first person to make me feel comfortable and I would look forwArd to seeing her at my appointments
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
That it is within Kaiser and as now a non Kaiser member I am not able to continue with my treatments with the doctors here. I would recommend the infertility department at Kaiser Irvine for anyone with questions about infertility .
My insurance only covered 50% each IUi was about $800 and about 8700-$900 in medication
this has not been discussed