Good

23141 Moulton Pkwy
Laguna Hills, CA 92653

1 patient review filtered by:

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Rosencrantz showed two completely different behavior types before and after I maid a large payment for the treatment. Before I agreed to and paid for the treatment he showed a very pleasant and caring behavior. This however completely changed after the the payment was made. The treatment ended up practically with no results caused potentially by human error. Me and my partner have no fertility issues and went through the treatment only for preservation purposes. Although he admitted that something may have gone wrong with the process, he refused any meaningful way of accountability. He did not show any care about our devastation and in fact suggested that we pay more for another cycle. Him and his team made us feel like we are as good as our willingness to spend at his fertility center. Also in the beginning stages of consultation there were a lot of pressure on us with regards to purchasing "other services" such as acupuncture and nutritional consultation. It made us feel we were in a shop rather than a medical facility.
The clinic [Reproductive Health and Wellness Center] is clean and well kept. You can take your blood tests there and I believe the cryopreservation and storage are done on-site. The not so good part is that when you first decide to start the process with them, they try to sell you a lot of services regardless of your need for them. It made me feel like I was in a shop rather than a medical facility. It appeared as if cross-selling and making a large profit was a primary goal of the clinic.
How was your experience with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center?
Dr. Rosencrantz is great in encouraging the patients and giving them hope. I would also give him some credit for his honesty. For example when things went sideways with our results he finally admitted that he agreed something had gone wrong in the process and that human error may have been a contributor. However he did not offer any solution to mitigate our very difficult situation caused at no fault of our own. It felt like the whole process was more about the financial factors for him and as a patient I did not feel taken care of. All of this was extremely hard on us specially given the fact that we did not have any fertility issues and all of our egg/sperm test results were encouraging. We felt that this doctor put his financial benefit above the significant emotional, physical, and financial burden that all of this had brought upon us. Dr. Rosencrantz does not publish his ART Success Rate. Potential ART (assisted reproductive technology) users can get an idea of their average chances of success per ART cycle or ART transfer before they pour in all of their hope and savings (because an IVF cycle is very costly to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars). Publishing this data can provide transparency into the results from the services offered by the physician and the fertility center. We felt confused by Dr. Rosencrantz's contradicting opinion at times. For example before the start of the IVF cycle he highly recommended conducting a PGT test (which is a very expensive test). This test can tell you whether the embryo is chromosomally normal or abnormal. After the results came out, to our surprise Dr. Rosencrantz started understating the significance of PGT testing. He went as far as indicating that before PGT testing existed people still did successful IVF! He forgot the fact that we paid thousands of dollars for this test based on his recommendation and ended up with no results. My experience as a patient of Dr. Rosencrantz was not good. I wish I did more research and sought his ART Success Rate before making the decision to start the IVF process with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center?
Ask yourself why Dr. Rosencrantz does not publish his Success Rate (as defined by the CDC) and look for doctors who do publish their Success Rates and are proud of them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center?
Describe the protocols Marcus Rosencrantz used in your cycles at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center and their degree of success.
From what I remember, Dr. Rosencrantz ordered the following as part of the IVF cycle: Antral Follicle Count, Male Disease Testing, Prenatal Panel and Infections Disease Testing, Overian Reserve Testing, and PGT-A. He increased the dose of my medication right before the egg retrieval procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Anderson)
I only interacted with one nurse. Much like Dr. Rosencrantz she showed friendly behavior before the payment was made. She did her job and stopped communicating after the process was completed with no results. She was pretty good with following CDC guidelines with respect to COVID-19 and took temperatures of all patients as they entered the facility. She made the process of multiple blood tests and ordering of the medicine easy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
The clinic is clean and well kept. You can take your blood tests there and I believe the cryopreservation and storage are done on-site. The not so good part is that when you first decide to start the process with them, they try to sell you a lot of services regardless of your need for them. It made me feel like I was in a shop rather than a medical facility. It appeared as if cross-selling and making a large profit was a primary goal of the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcus Rosencrantz at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
I spent about $23,000 for one cycle of IVF. Here are the details: IVF Cycle $11,000 PGT-A $4,500 Cryopreservation of Embryos $750/year Overian Reserve Testing $170 Prenatal Panel and Infections Disease Testing $360 Antral Follicle Count (AFC) $190 Male Disease Testing $255 Medication $5,500
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Health and Wellness Center.
In one occasion I had to remind the nurse to order the medication with the pharmacy. There also appeared that human/lab error may have been involved in the procedure which led to affect the results of testing.
Marcus Rosencrantz