Medical SchoolU. of Wisconsin
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCLA
15955 SW 96th St
Miami, FL 33196
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Maria Bustillo to a friend?

6.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
The doctor [Dr. Bustillo] spent time looking at my previous failed IVF results at another clinic as well as redoing my blood work more than once.... She also listened to me when I shared my research information and ideas I wanted to implement as part of my prepping. She was open to my ideas and ran extra test.... Her weakness is that she can come off blunt, which I think is not good for first timers who are still very emotional about the process.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
I believe she is a doctor for anyone who's done their research and looking for a doctor who is up-to-date with current supplements and other new test. Her weakness is that she can come off blunt, which I think is not good for first timers who are still very emotional about the process. She is a great doctor for anyone who is pass that part and is ready for a doctor to listen to their crazy ideas they found online.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Look past her blunt ways and realize she has been doing this for many many years and has more experience than most doctors. She is up-to-date with the latest so she is ready for your crazy questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. B and nurse Yoselyn from the first appointment made me feel like a human because they tailored my IVF plan to me. The doctor spent time looking at my previous failed IVF results at another clinic as well as redoing my blood work more than once. I really felt she took their time to get to know my productive needs. She also listened to me when I shared my research information and ideas I wanted to implement as part of my prepping. She was open to my ideas and ran extra test. I never felt dismissed by either Dr. B nor nurse Yoselyn.
Describe the protocols Maria Bustillo used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We used: 50 of HGH, 300 of Gonal, 20 of Ovidrel. Then a few days prior to retrieval we added 1 prefilled Cetrotide. Trigger was done on day 9 with 10,000 unit (can't remember the name). It produced 12 follicles with 9 eggs. 5 were good enough to fertilized. 3 fertilized and 2 made it PGS testing. Both came back normal and healthy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yoselyn Diaz)
Yoselyn was my main IVF nurse and she is amazing! She answered all my questions and was very detailed in her explanations. I always felt very secure with what I was doing. She really made sure to get to know me and what I needed. All the nurses who did my IVF follicle counts and blood work were all extremely professional and sweet. Great team!
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The staff is very professional and sweet. Everyone is knowledgable and consistent with their answers. It is very easy to get a hold of the team. I just had to call the appointment line and tell whoever answered know what I needed. I either spoke to that person via email/call or left a message and they would call back same day or if it was after 3pm they would call the next day. Their weaknesses is long wait times for monitoring. Sometimes I had to wait 45hr for my monitoring during the week. The weekends was always quick. I love the money back policy, anything you don't use they return. For example, if you didn't make it to retrieval, then you would get the retrieval and transfer money back.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The nurses were quick once you were in, but the wait to get in could take up to 45 minutes. All the nurses were very knowledgeable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
It is about 18k without meds, PGS or any male factors.
Describe Maria Bustillo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The doctor is open to both single or two embryos transferred at one time.
Miami

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. B, treated me like a human because she was very compassionate and sincere. She made sure not to miss a single thing during my plan of care. ... The care, compassion, and sincerity I received from her is like no other. She didn't miss a thing throughout the course of my treatment. Thanks to Dr. B it was made known to me I had PCOS. Thanks to her care and knowledge she provided me the best plan of care to achieve success.
Dr. B is a Fertility angel sent from above. She will guide you to success and a miracle. The care, compassion, and sincerity I received from her is like no other. She didn't miss a thing throughout the course of my treatment. Thanks to Dr. B it was made known to me I had PCOS. Thanks to her care and knowledge she provided me the best plan of care to achieve success.
Listen and let her guide you! She will not fail you even when all hope is lost.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yosie, Bianca and Natasha)
Yosie, Bianca and Natasha along with Dr. B are my angels sent from up above! Yosie, always replied to my calls, emails and concerns. She made everything clear and easy to understand. She provided me positive support and emotional. Bianca, was always there through out the most important parts of this process. She made every visit for ultrasounds and not to mention my egg retrieval the most pleasant! she is an amazing nurse with extraordinary bedside manners. Natasha, was there with her magic touch to always draw my blood. Her hands are magic! the best was when she was there to assist Dr. B with my transfer! it was a great day and I'm so glad she was there.
This clinic is the place to go for anyone struggling with infertility. You are not a number you are a person. Everyone is so knowledgeable, organized and compassionate about their work! I did not see nor experience any weakness.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr knew that my first IVF had failed, she [Dr. Maria Bustillo] did not take in consideration what went wrong, she treated as first time. I was not guided to select the best program, I chose a package that included medicine. At the time of the embryo transfer her cellphone rang and she answered it in the middle of the process. What professional does that. Once we were told the result was negative she indicated that the medicine that I chose was not adequate and that she did like to use it.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Bustillo was recommended as one of the best in her field. Despite the fact, Dr knew that my first IVF had failed, she did not take in consideration what went wrong, she treated as first time. I was not guided to select the best program, I chose a package that included medicine. At the time of the embryo transfer her cellphone rang and she answered it in the middle of the process. What professional does that. Once we were told the result was negative she indicated that the medicine that I chose was not adequate and that she did like to use it. The medicine that was included in the package that the clinic recommends. How I was supposed to know. I would not recommend Dr Bustillo for anything, it did not have delicacy when talking to us and it did not give any other alternative after the fact. Very disappointing of the clinic and the Doctor
have more experts opinions, and do more research. about clinics, and especially doctors
I understand that Dr's do not have the need to do the ultrasounds or see the patient during the process. But I only saw the Dr Bustillo the first appointment, during the egg retrieval , embryo transfer and the appointment after the result was negative. No sympathy whatsoever, just other file in her cabinet. one more to her list.
They were ok.. did their job. nothing more
they need to guide better new patients regarding financial aids. not everyone has the money to these expensive treatments. Also, follow up after treatments. no one ever called me to ask if we wanted to do something else.
it was 20k one cycle including meds
because I have uterus unicornis only one embryo can be transferred. I knew this since my first time.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Miami

Dr. Bustillo was kind and knowledgeable. She answered all my questions regarding my treatment. She was aware that I was working after my appointment and I was seen at my scheduled time. I was able to have my husband by my side when I was in the room and this made me feel very comfortable... is professional and answers all your questions and is happy to work with other Dr's that are not in her practice...hysterosalpingogram first as well as a semen analysis
I would do a hysterosalpingogram first as well as a semen analysis before your appointment.
Dr. Bustillo is professional and answers all your questions and is happy to work with other Dr's that are not in her practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lidia Rojas )
The staff tries to plan appointment times around your work schedule. They made things easier for me because I was able to write emails regarding blood work, egg size quality and quantity, ultrasounds and any questions I had regarding the hormone medications which I needed to take.
The clinic is very up to date. When you walk in they will hand you an IPAD and that's where you put all your personal info and have everything saved in the patient portal. They also give you an ID card that you swipe when you arrive for your visit. The office is clean and has a lot of pictures of babies that they have delivered.

2013 - 2017
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Bustillo had extensive knowledge and experience. She always made me feel as if I was her only patient. She always answered my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Dr. Bustillo helped me with my first pregnancy which was an IUI and now I am seeing her for an IVF. I have full confidence in her and her experience. She has always explained the best choices we have in order to conceive...
2013 - 2017
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Ask as many questions as you would like. Do not feel like your asking too much. Dr. Bustillo has sat with us many times explaining and answering many many questions and she makes you feel comfortable no matter how many you ask. Believe me I have asked many!
I had personalized care at this office. The whole staff was always very attentive and were always available for anything I needed.
The whole nursing staff was very nice, friendly and compassionate. They were very knowledgeable and always attentive.
Miami

she [Dr. Bustillo] is very compassionate and really attentative with her patients.... she’s just an amazing person and doctor. her bedside manner is A++ she sympathizes with you as a woman and a mother. She is always on top of everything from beginning to end. She truly is a blessing to the infertility community... your going to get the most honest opinion you can possibly get.... This clinic only has strength they are organized punctual friendly they make you feel like family from the moment you walk in.
she’s just an amazing person and doctor. her bedside manner is A++ she sympathizes with you as a woman and a mother. She is always on top of everything from beginning to end. She truly is a blessing to the infertility community. Love Dr. B
your going to get the most honest opinion you can possibly get.
she is very compassionate and really attentative with her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Belkis Gutierrez)
Best nurse/coordinator in the world.
This clinic only has strength they are organized punctual friendly they make you feel like family from the moment you walk in. Everyone from the front to your check out clerk are always willing to help in anything you may need or seek any information that you want to know.
She seeks what’s best for you taking into account your health and your fertility diagnosis.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
She [Dr, Maria Bustillo] took the time to answer my questions and I felt she was candid and very knowledgeable regarding my situation and biological capabilities...She knows her field. Willingly shared her knowledge and doesn't hesitate to provide the right information regarding my case. I appreciated the insight and also her ability to "cut to the chase". She took her time in discussing my options during my consultation and was a pleasure during my physical examination. New Patient Advice
Latino, Black or African-American
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
She's candid and knowledgeable. Since she has very strong clinical background and a pioneer in her field, you can tell she thrives with the science of her practice. Her style is not necessarily therapeutic but I didn't go to her for emotional support. I'm seeking, and found, a doctor that is well-versed in her field especially since my case requires a lot of medical attention.
She took the time to answer my questions and I felt she was candid and very knowledgeable regarding my situation and biological capabilities.
They are so kind, considerate and true professionals.
No self parking at the South Miami location (so bring cash). Check in and wait time is a breeze. Your office visits/consultations dont feel rushed. They're very organized and the office is always spic-n-span.
My insurance is covering the majority of the costs (I'm responsible for deductible and copay.