Medical SchoolCornell
FellowshipCornell
25 Rockwood Place
Englewood, NJ 07631
201-569-7773
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Maria Costantini-Ferrando to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
She [Dr. Constantini-Ferrando] is warm and personable as well as knowledgeable. Unfortunately after our first appointment I didn’t feel like we had an opportunity to talk strategy and most of the information I got seemed be on a “need to know” basis or I came with questions but the process is complicated and could use some more detailed explaining along the way....The way she’s interacted with me made me feel like she really cared about the outcome of my treatment.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She is warm and personable as well as knowledgeable. Unfortunately after our first appointment I didn’t feel like we had an opportunity to talk strategy and most of the information I got seemed be on a “need to know” basis or I came with questions but the process is complicated and could use some more detailed explaining along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Come prepared with your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She has a warm manner. The way she’s interacted with me made me feel like she really cared about the outcome of my treatment.
Describe the protocols Maria Costantini-Ferrando used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We used estradiol first. Then low-dose hCG, Cetrotide, and Gonal F. For the trigger it was Lupron and Pregnyl. I responded well to most. Gonal F gave me terrible headaches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Breanna)
While be Breanna always had a very positive demeanor and tone of voice, I just felt like I was getting dribs and drabs of information. Just the immediate next step for the next morning or the next day. I always felt like I had to follow up and ask more questions about what the bigger picture next steps would be.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The front desk is very friendly. My one criticism would be the phone system, it’s not easy to get someone on the phone. Typically you have to get a callback. You have to go through a lot of steps when you’re trying to leave a message and it always seems that you’re “in line” waiting for the next receptionist to pick up the call
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring hours are between six and 730 in the morning. It’s always crowded, but the blood work typically goes very quickly. Then you’ll go back out to the waiting room and wait for the ultrasound. Sometimes it takes a little longer for the doctor to make it into the room. But generally speaking your in and out within 30-45 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey.
For an IVF cycle, insurance was charged $9500. I paid approximately $3000 out-of-pocket which covered the cryopreservation and the coinsurance portion.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Pro: she [Dr Constantini-Ferrando] has background as a therapist, so she's very compassionate. Con: we rarely see her - and when we do, visits feel a bit rushed. Also when they make observations during ultrasound, they speak to the nurse/technician using jargon, and not as much to me. Then they say, "come back in two days for bloodwork" without much explanation.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Pro: she has background as a therapist, so she's very compassionate. Con: we rarely see her - and when we do, visits feel a bit rushed. Also when they make observations during ultrasound, they speak to the nurse/technician using jargon, and not as much to me. Then they say, "come back in two days for bloodwork" without much explanation.
It will take a long time. Everything will take longer than you think. I just reached a full year of treatment and have only had one retrieval, one attempted embryo transfer (failed) and only one viable embryo remaining. And because of insurance issues (that were muddied in part due to ineffective advice from the finance department), no hope of doing another retrieval unless I get new insurance.
Actual time spent with doctor is very short. We are often rushed without much opportunity to ask questions, or are directed to ask our nurse. However, the short time we do spend with her she is very warm and understanding. Our nurse is fantastic.
IVF with CCS, because I was diagnosed with a balanced translocation of chromosomes 11 and 18. Frozen cycles to allow for testing. After failed embryo transfer, Dr. recommended endometrial biopsy. Results negative. Presence of cyst delayed transfer, so an endometrial disruption was scheduled. Waiting for day one of cycle to start frozen transfer cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda)
Rhonda is fantastic. But I do feel like I'm told things on a limited, need-to-know basis. Like I'm only given information for the very next step, but have little understanding of long term plans for treatment unless I ask explicitly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths: doctors and nurses Weaknesses: not enough phlebotomists. Morning monitoring is always at least a half an hour wait, even if you arrive before monitoring hours start. Also some of the phlebotomists are not great. Once I ended up with a bruise that lasted 2 weeks, at least.
Monitoring hours are conveniently scheduled in the morning. However even arriving at 5:45 there is a line out the door. It is first come first serve, and the system works, but there are just too many people at this clinic served by too few phlebotomists. Also, while I appreciate that only doctors do ultrasounds, there are only 2 doctors, so this slows things down enormously. I pretty much expect to be there for a half hour in the best case scenario, and sometimes for an hour or more.
Maxed out my $30,000 lifetime infertility benefits after one retrieval cycle. Spent over $10,000 out of pocket.
Englewood
When we started back up in October the doctor [Dr Constantini-Ferrando] kept referring to our April/May conversation like it was supposed to be fresh in our minds. As a result it was a rocky start for us and it was frustrating until we found our cadence with the process....There were times I had an emotional breakdown and I felt she was able to connect. Also had conversations with my husband to make sure he was doing ok with handling my treatments.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
The doctor was great. Her office has a great eLearning tool that really helps with the education part of the process. Only issue for us is that we started the introduction in April/May but didn't go forward until November because of financial constraints. When we started back up in October the doctor kept referring to our April/May conversation like it was supposed to be fresh in our minds. As a result it was a rocky start for us and it was frustrating until we found our cadence with the process.
Come ready with questions on your first intro meeting. Its the most amount of time you'll spend with her in one sitting
I have a blocked tube that could have been treated through other methods but the doctor suggested to go forward directly with IVF given my limited insurance allowance. I'm still in the middle of the process but hoping for positive results.
Rhonda was great. Wished she would be more organized when leaving me messages on the phone. Usually felt like she was trying to multitask when we were speaking but she did communicate all the information thoroughly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It feels like feast or famine. Either its super packed or its empty. Comfortable setting without any major issues. Only a fan a select few of the phlebotomists there since some of them were fairly rough when drawing blood. Staff is great overall.
Was hit or miss in the waiting room but went fairly quickly
About $12k for egg retrieval and FET.
2011 - 2017
Dr. Constantini is caring and compassionate with me. She is very knowledgeable and straightforward as well. She showed such immense care with my recent loss and showed such encouragement with my most recent FET.... She was key in my healing from my second tri termination ( due to untested embryo from 2008) She held me, cried with me and encouraged me to keep going. She is truly one of a kind.
2011 - 2017
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Constantini is caring and compassionate with me. She is very knowledgeable and straightforward as well. She showed such immense care with my recent loss and showed such encouragement with my most recent FET .
She has amazing bedside manner. She is very knowkedgeable, sweet and a hand-holder.
Dr. C is so incredibly compassionate. She was key in my healing from my second tri termination ( due to untested embryo from 2008) She held me, cried with me and encouraged me to keep going. She is truly one of a kind.
She did my last 2 FET's the same protocol using estrogen and progesterone with medrol and doxycycline. I have responded great both times. Though the last ended badly she did achieve pg with that protocol. Im currently awaiting beta from my last FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Minot)
Rhonda has been my nurse through all 4 cycles dating back to 2008. She is very thourough and organized. I love her!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA NJ is a leader in the latest techniques giving people the best results. I never feel like a number, I highly recommend this clinic
We have been out of pocket 100% for each cycle. 2008, 2011... 2016 in addition to cost of termination and then ccs testing, and another cycle in 2017. 2008- aprox 30k with meds Retrival fresh transfer 2011- Fet transfer aprox 15k 2016-$3875 Abortion $600 CCS testing $4500 2017- Fet aprox 2k
Describe Maria Costantini-Ferrando's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
We had only wanted a single embryo transfer due to a twin miscarriage in 2011 ( resulting in a singleton).
Englewood
Honestly, we loved her [Dr. Constantini-Ferrando]. We trusted her with our health, future babies, and more. She knew exactly what to do and when...She was very motherly & understood our need for a baby & our situation. She was extremely positive that we would get pregnant fast with her help & expertise...Be prepared to feel comfortable with the entire process. She will make you feel that this is such a natural and normal thing...
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Honestly, we loved her. We trusted her with our health, future babies, and more. She knew exactly what to do and when.
We used 2 egg stimulants for the retrieval then a drug to stop me from ovulating too early, then the trigger shot. Then once we transfered an egg i was to take progesterone shots to the butt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
Anne was amazing. Very caring, determined to make this work, detailed, and tough when you needed to keep your cool. When we didn't get pregnant on the first try, she simply said, ok this will happen just don't stress & call me back when you get your period. And although some people may think what the hell, she simply put me in the state of mind that not everyone gets pregnant the first time they try regardless of the circumstances, but we keep at it. She kept me hopeful and with a fighting mind.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Loved everything. Convenient scheduling & lovely staff.
Well oiled machine. Never waited too long.
I paid normal copays. Our insurance covered everything except egg freezing and storage. We pay appx $1k/yr for that.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
She [Dr. Constantini-Ferrando] took the time to explain things and was very empathetic... Very nurturing and helped ease my anxiety. She didn’t sugarcoat things and always made sure I was aware of the treatment process. I think she is a wonderful doctor and really went above and beyond to help us figure out why we were having so many setbacks in the process.... Wanted us to start with IUI since we looked good on paper. I did have success with the first medicated one but miscarried.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Ask lots of questions.
She took the time to explain things and was very empathetic
Wanted us to start with IUI since we looked good on paper. I did have success with the first medicated one but miscarried. Did a few more and then moved on to ivf. First transfer failed and second ended in miscarriage. Currently awaiting results of 3rd transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
My nurse was wonderful. She communicated with me basically every day and always answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Morning monitoring is super busy. All the doctors are good and everyone is friendly. I never really felt like a number but the mornings are always rushed. Finance department could be frustrating at times. The clinic is very good I just wish I was getting better results.
Didn’t discuss this
2013 - 2015
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Constantini was generous with her time and answered a million questions. She got to know me and my situation and helped guide me in making tough decisions. Her medical care is excellent. She found I had a uterine septum that no other doctor had caught after years of fertility treatments! She also has a great bedside manner. She is warm, thoughtful, straightforward and a great communicator.
2013 - 2015
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Write down your questions before each visit so you don't forget.
The doctor took the time to get to know me and my situation. She patiently answered a million questions all along the way. She was always very clear with me about my chances of a pregnancy using my own eggs while also being very kind and caring. I feel very lucky to have found her.
They do a really good job moving everyone through efficiently. I always went right when they opened so there wasn't much wait.
We paid for pretty much everything out of pocket but there were no surprises. The costs were what they said they would be at the outset. Not cheap--that's for sure but worth it for the level of care they provide.
Somerset
I thought she [Dr. Maria Constantini-Ferrando] was very knowledgeable. I remember going in for my saline sonagram and it was painful, I was overwhelmed with emotion, and she took a moment, to comfort me and make sure I was ok before she left.... We had male factor infertility, so with that she recommended an excellent urologist, who along with Dr. Constanini Ferrando really got us when we had to be
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
I thought she was very knowledgeable. I remember going in for my saline sonagram and it was painful, I was overwhelmed with emotion, and she took a moment, to comfort me and make sure I was ok before she left.
Keep and open mind, listen, and be patient
She was very caring, honest, and compassionate towards our situation! I felt as though I knew her for longer then we actually did
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Desi )
I can’t speak highly enough of all of the nurses I saw and spoke too, everyone of them was kind, compassionate, but didn’t make you feel bad for being in our situation
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Loved our office, down side wish it was open 7 days a week. Had to travel 45 minuets to the other office on days they were closed. Which was a beautiful facility, and ultimately where I had my egg retrieval, and transfer.
A lot was cover under our insurance
I was 27 at the time and a great candidate for IVF, she was open to transferring 2 eybros ( which is what we wanted) but did warn us that it could result in a high risk pregnancy of multiples
Englewood
She [Dr. Maria Costantini-Ferrando] was compassionate , very clear,encouraging, that the best things I like about her. She is very energized . I think she did good combination of medication, my hormone level were good during the whole treatment. I am expecting to complete the treatment soon and I am positive t get the right answer.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She was compassionate , very clear,encouraging, that the best things I like about her. She is very energized . I think she did good combination of medication, my hormone level were good during the whole treatment. I am expecting to complete the treatment soon and I am positive t get the right answer.
She can help by Gods grace
Nurse and the staff were very helpful
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I think this clinic is expensive but get great result. The must be a way to help people who doesn't have money somehow, not true financial loan only. That aspect is very important. But it's a great clinic,good staff
Basking Ridge
She [Dr Maria Constantini-Ferrando] is personable and I like her. She has good training and I trust her...[At RMA] Before start of first cycle, instructions were not clear on everything that was needed to start so was delayed...Busy clinic not necessarily strength or weakness...Blood work and ultrasound are on a first come first serve basis and it is whoever is working the day you come in is the MD who will be performing ultrasound.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She is personable and I like her. She has good training and I trust her.
It is difficult and you have to remain positive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Busy clinic not necessarily strength or weakness.
$250
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?