Medical SchoolCornell
FellowshipCornell
25 Rockwood Place
Englewood, NJ 07631
201-569-7773
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Maria Costantini-Ferrando to a friend?

6.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
Dr. Costantini definitely makes me feel like a human. She is very patient and thorough. Never makes me feel rushed. You would think she has all the time in the world.... My husband and i had a lot of questions and she never made us feel rushed and was very patient even when we may have repeated ourselves. I admire her confidence when telling us what approach she believe would be best for us. She doesn’t sugar coat things but at the same time has excellent bedside manner.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Costantini thus far. She’s extremely thorough, knowledgeable, and patient. My husband and i had a lot of questions and she never made us feel rushed and was very patient even when we may have repeated ourselves. I admire her confidence when telling us what approach she believe would be best for us. She doesn’t sugar coat things but at the same time has excellent bedside manner. I truly believe that she is the best at what she does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Make sure you ask her to outline every possible option for you. She explained all the procedures to me at length.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Maria Costantini-Ferrando used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Dr. Costantini was very honest in her advice for us. IVF would be our best option. My husband and I weren’t ready to do that right away as our insurance does not cover any cost. She was extremely understanding and patient. We decided to try clomid and TI in the meantime but are now ready to move on to IVF with her help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Eve Turner)
Eve was extremely kind and compassionate. Also very thorough when calling with test results and always kept me posted on what’s next.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are very organized and I don’t have any comments on weaknesses because I can’t think of any. Only advice I would give is to get there early on mornings you have to go in for lab work and/or ultrasounds. It’s walk in only and the hours are 5:45-7:30 and by 5:45 there are usually at least 15 people already there. Get there closer to 5:30 unless you have plenty of time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey.
So far, everything has been covered. IUI and IVF are not though and it will be about $4,000 for IUI and $28,000 for IVF
Describe Maria Costantini-Ferrando's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
I very much admire the fact that she prefers eSET. I understand the risks of multiples and the strain it could have on my body and trust her completely.
Englewood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey.

She [Dr. Constantini-Ferrando] is warm and personable as well as knowledgeable. Unfortunately after our first appointment I didn’t feel like we had an opportunity to talk strategy and most of the information I got seemed be on a “need to know” basis or I came with questions but the process is complicated and could use some more detailed explaining along the way....The way she’s interacted with me made me feel like she really cared about the outcome of my treatment.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She is warm and personable as well as knowledgeable. Unfortunately after our first appointment I didn’t feel like we had an opportunity to talk strategy and most of the information I got seemed be on a “need to know” basis or I came with questions but the process is complicated and could use some more detailed explaining along the way.
Come prepared with your questions.
She has a warm manner. The way she’s interacted with me made me feel like she really cared about the outcome of my treatment.
We used estradiol first. Then low-dose hCG, Cetrotide, and Gonal F. For the trigger it was Lupron and Pregnyl. I responded well to most. Gonal F gave me terrible headaches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Breanna)
While be Breanna always had a very positive demeanor and tone of voice, I just felt like I was getting dribs and drabs of information. Just the immediate next step for the next morning or the next day. I always felt like I had to follow up and ask more questions about what the bigger picture next steps would be.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The front desk is very friendly. My one criticism would be the phone system, it’s not easy to get someone on the phone. Typically you have to get a callback. You have to go through a lot of steps when you’re trying to leave a message and it always seems that you’re “in line” waiting for the next receptionist to pick up the call
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring hours are between six and 730 in the morning. It’s always crowded, but the blood work typically goes very quickly. Then you’ll go back out to the waiting room and wait for the ultrasound. Sometimes it takes a little longer for the doctor to make it into the room. But generally speaking your in and out within 30-45 minutes.
For an IVF cycle, insurance was charged $9500. I paid approximately $3000 out-of-pocket which covered the cryopreservation and the coinsurance portion.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Pro: she [Dr Constantini-Ferrando] has background as a therapist, so she's very compassionate. Con: we rarely see her - and when we do, visits feel a bit rushed. Also when they make observations during ultrasound, they speak to the nurse/technician using jargon, and not as much to me. Then they say, "come back in two days for bloodwork" without much explanation.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Pro: she has background as a therapist, so she's very compassionate. Con: we rarely see her - and when we do, visits feel a bit rushed. Also when they make observations during ultrasound, they speak to the nurse/technician using jargon, and not as much to me. Then they say, "come back in two days for bloodwork" without much explanation.
It will take a long time. Everything will take longer than you think. I just reached a full year of treatment and have only had one retrieval, one attempted embryo transfer (failed) and only one viable embryo remaining. And because of insurance issues (that were muddied in part due to ineffective advice from the finance department), no hope of doing another retrieval unless I get new insurance.
Actual time spent with doctor is very short. We are often rushed without much opportunity to ask questions, or are directed to ask our nurse. However, the short time we do spend with her she is very warm and understanding. Our nurse is fantastic.
IVF with CCS, because I was diagnosed with a balanced translocation of chromosomes 11 and 18. Frozen cycles to allow for testing. After failed embryo transfer, Dr. recommended endometrial biopsy. Results negative. Presence of cyst delayed transfer, so an endometrial disruption was scheduled. Waiting for day one of cycle to start frozen transfer cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda)
Rhonda is fantastic. But I do feel like I'm told things on a limited, need-to-know basis. Like I'm only given information for the very next step, but have little understanding of long term plans for treatment unless I ask explicitly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths: doctors and nurses Weaknesses: not enough phlebotomists. Morning monitoring is always at least a half an hour wait, even if you arrive before monitoring hours start. Also some of the phlebotomists are not great. Once I ended up with a bruise that lasted 2 weeks, at least.
Monitoring hours are conveniently scheduled in the morning. However even arriving at 5:45 there is a line out the door. It is first come first serve, and the system works, but there are just too many people at this clinic served by too few phlebotomists. Also, while I appreciate that only doctors do ultrasounds, there are only 2 doctors, so this slows things down enormously. I pretty much expect to be there for a half hour in the best case scenario, and sometimes for an hour or more.
Maxed out my $30,000 lifetime infertility benefits after one retrieval cycle. Spent over $10,000 out of pocket.
Englewood

When we started back up in October the doctor [Dr Constantini-Ferrando] kept referring to our April/May conversation like it was supposed to be fresh in our minds. As a result it was a rocky start for us and it was frustrating until we found our cadence with the process....There were times I had an emotional breakdown and I felt she was able to connect. Also had conversations with my husband to make sure he was doing ok with handling my treatments.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
The doctor was great. Her office has a great eLearning tool that really helps with the education part of the process. Only issue for us is that we started the introduction in April/May but didn't go forward until November because of financial constraints. When we started back up in October the doctor kept referring to our April/May conversation like it was supposed to be fresh in our minds. As a result it was a rocky start for us and it was frustrating until we found our cadence with the process.
Come ready with questions on your first intro meeting. Its the most amount of time you'll spend with her in one sitting
I have a blocked tube that could have been treated through other methods but the doctor suggested to go forward directly with IVF given my limited insurance allowance. I'm still in the middle of the process but hoping for positive results.
Rhonda was great. Wished she would be more organized when leaving me messages on the phone. Usually felt like she was trying to multitask when we were speaking but she did communicate all the information thoroughly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It feels like feast or famine. Either its super packed or its empty. Comfortable setting without any major issues. Only a fan a select few of the phlebotomists there since some of them were fairly rough when drawing blood. Staff is great overall.
Was hit or miss in the waiting room but went fairly quickly
About $12k for egg retrieval and FET.
Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr Costantini always took the time to answer my questions. She would spend ample time on the phone with my husband and I for questions and always spent time with us during our ultrasounds. She would come in early to see me specifically for special days and procedures...has some of the best bedside manner that i have ever seen in a physician. She never made me feel that she didn’t have my best interests in mind. She brought peace and positivity at an otherwise trying time.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Costantini has some of the best bedside manner that i have ever seen in a physician. She never made me feel that she didn’t have my best interests in mind. She brought peace and positivity at an otherwise trying time.
Trust her and her recommendations thoroughly, she has the same end goal in mind that you do
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Evelina Torres)
Eve was a light through this dark process. She was reliable with her communication and would always call when she said she would. She would explain everything in detail to me. She would listen to all of my questions and even listened when I would cry. She is simply the best.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths: Communication, Organization, Success Rates, Doctor always completes ultrasound. Everyone was always friendly. The phlebotomists were excellent, always drew blood painlessly and quickly. Weaknesses: Very busy, long wait times for morning monitoring
Morning monitoring was from 5:45am-7:30am at patient convenience. It was first come, first serve. However, it would get very busy and wait times could be up to 90 minutes.
I had excellent insurance throughout my treatment. My IVF cost use about 2,000. dollars.
The clinic would only transfer one embryo due to the completion of PGD testing
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Constantini is great at her job, she loves what she does and she strives very hard for the best results. She’s honest about her expectations. The only thing I wish is that I would see her on every appointment.... Bloodwork which determines egg reserve, estrogen, progesterone, overall health. Sonograms helped me to determine that I had a fibroid that needed to be removed. SA for my husband to determine the health of his semen and what protocol to use to inseminate our eggs.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
I would advise for them to take their expectations out of their mind and follow her instructions and listen to what she tells you is realistic for your fertility needs.
She is extremely compassionate and shows that she cares very much. She wants the best results for my husband and I.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
She was very patient and understanding. Even when I’m crying on the phone or feeling frustrated. Extremely supportive and very thorough with directions
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Monday’s and Friday’s are the busiest and depending on where you live if you need anything done on the weekends like I have you will have to drive 1 hr away for a 20 min appointment. Strengths are that every staff member I ever ran into dealt with was pleasant
After a while you get use to monitoring hours. It’s nothing awkward about it. We all know why we are there.
Including medication and additional testing around 25k each time
She is very open to discussing our needs with our age and what our wants are compared to what is realistic for us.

2011 - 2017
Dr. Constantini is caring and compassionate with me. She is very knowledgeable and straightforward as well. She showed such immense care with my recent loss and showed such encouragement with my most recent FET.... She was key in my healing from my second tri termination ( due to untested embryo from 2008) She held me, cried with me and encouraged me to keep going. She is truly one of a kind.
2011 - 2017
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Constantini is caring and compassionate with me. She is very knowledgeable and straightforward as well. She showed such immense care with my recent loss and showed such encouragement with my most recent FET .
She has amazing bedside manner. She is very knowkedgeable, sweet and a hand-holder.
Dr. C is so incredibly compassionate. She was key in my healing from my second tri termination ( due to untested embryo from 2008) She held me, cried with me and encouraged me to keep going. She is truly one of a kind.
She did my last 2 FET's the same protocol using estrogen and progesterone with medrol and doxycycline. I have responded great both times. Though the last ended badly she did achieve pg with that protocol. Im currently awaiting beta from my last FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Minot)
Rhonda has been my nurse through all 4 cycles dating back to 2008. She is very thourough and organized. I love her!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA NJ is a leader in the latest techniques giving people the best results. I never feel like a number, I highly recommend this clinic
We have been out of pocket 100% for each cycle. 2008, 2011... 2016 in addition to cost of termination and then ccs testing, and another cycle in 2017. 2008- aprox 30k with meds Retrival fresh transfer 2011- Fet transfer aprox 15k 2016-$3875 Abortion $600 CCS testing $4500 2017- Fet aprox 2k
We had only wanted a single embryo transfer due to a twin miscarriage in 2011 ( resulting in a singleton).
Englewood

Honestly, we loved her [Dr. Constantini-Ferrando]. We trusted her with our health, future babies, and more. She knew exactly what to do and when...She was very motherly & understood our need for a baby & our situation. She was extremely positive that we would get pregnant fast with her help & expertise...Be prepared to feel comfortable with the entire process. She will make you feel that this is such a natural and normal thing...
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Honestly, we loved her. We trusted her with our health, future babies, and more. She knew exactly what to do and when.
We used 2 egg stimulants for the retrieval then a drug to stop me from ovulating too early, then the trigger shot. Then once we transfered an egg i was to take progesterone shots to the butt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
Anne was amazing. Very caring, determined to make this work, detailed, and tough when you needed to keep your cool. When we didn't get pregnant on the first try, she simply said, ok this will happen just don't stress & call me back when you get your period. And although some people may think what the hell, she simply put me in the state of mind that not everyone gets pregnant the first time they try regardless of the circumstances, but we keep at it. She kept me hopeful and with a fighting mind.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Loved everything. Convenient scheduling & lovely staff.
Well oiled machine. Never waited too long.
I paid normal copays. Our insurance covered everything except egg freezing and storage. We pay appx $1k/yr for that.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
She [Dr. Constantini-Ferrando] took the time to explain things and was very empathetic... Very nurturing and helped ease my anxiety. She didn’t sugarcoat things and always made sure I was aware of the treatment process. I think she is a wonderful doctor and really went above and beyond to help us figure out why we were having so many setbacks in the process.... Wanted us to start with IUI since we looked good on paper. I did have success with the first medicated one but miscarried.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Ask lots of questions.
She took the time to explain things and was very empathetic
Wanted us to start with IUI since we looked good on paper. I did have success with the first medicated one but miscarried. Did a few more and then moved on to ivf. First transfer failed and second ended in miscarriage. Currently awaiting results of 3rd transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
My nurse was wonderful. She communicated with me basically every day and always answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Morning monitoring is super busy. All the doctors are good and everyone is friendly. I never really felt like a number but the mornings are always rushed. Finance department could be frustrating at times. The clinic is very good I just wish I was getting better results.
Didn’t discuss this
2013 - 2015
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Constantini was generous with her time and answered a million questions. She got to know me and my situation and helped guide me in making tough decisions. Her medical care is excellent. She found I had a uterine septum that no other doctor had caught after years of fertility treatments! She also has a great bedside manner. She is warm, thoughtful, straightforward and a great communicator.
2013 - 2015
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Write down your questions before each visit so you don't forget.
The doctor took the time to get to know me and my situation. She patiently answered a million questions all along the way. She was always very clear with me about my chances of a pregnancy using my own eggs while also being very kind and caring. I feel very lucky to have found her.
They do a really good job moving everyone through efficiently. I always went right when they opened so there wasn't much wait.
We paid for pretty much everything out of pocket but there were no surprises. The costs were what they said they would be at the outset. Not cheap--that's for sure but worth it for the level of care they provide.
Somerset

I thought she [Dr. Maria Constantini-Ferrando] was very knowledgeable. I remember going in for my saline sonagram and it was painful, I was overwhelmed with emotion, and she took a moment, to comfort me and make sure I was ok before she left.... We had male factor infertility, so with that she recommended an excellent urologist, who along with Dr. Constanini Ferrando really got us when we had to be
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
I thought she was very knowledgeable. I remember going in for my saline sonagram and it was painful, I was overwhelmed with emotion, and she took a moment, to comfort me and make sure I was ok before she left.
Keep and open mind, listen, and be patient
She was very caring, honest, and compassionate towards our situation! I felt as though I knew her for longer then we actually did
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Desi )
I can’t speak highly enough of all of the nurses I saw and spoke too, everyone of them was kind, compassionate, but didn’t make you feel bad for being in our situation
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Loved our office, down side wish it was open 7 days a week. Had to travel 45 minuets to the other office on days they were closed. Which was a beautiful facility, and ultimately where I had my egg retrieval, and transfer.
A lot was cover under our insurance
I was 27 at the time and a great candidate for IVF, she was open to transferring 2 eybros ( which is what we wanted) but did warn us that it could result in a high risk pregnancy of multiples

10 IUI, 2 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
[Dr. Costantini-Ferrando is] a great listener, compassionate, patient and thorough... We’ve seen a few dr. to date none of them gave us the feeling they actually thinking out of the box to get to the bottom of our prob and looking for a solution out side the regular protocol. We recently started with her but feel very optimistic and that we are in a good hands. The surgery she recommended seems to be justified and was successful.... Very accessible and professional, kind staff, some options for financing treatments.
Investment Banker
10 IUI, 2 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
Nice, thorough and compassionate dr. We’ve seen a few dr. to date none of them gave us the feeling they actually thinking out of the box to get to the bottom of our prob and looking for a solution out side the regular protocol. We recently started with her but feel very optimistic and that we are in a good hands. The surgery she recommended seems to be justified and was successful.
Don’t spare any details. Give the full background
She’s a great listener, compassionate, patient and thorough
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Vileena )
Very nice, responsive and patience
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Very accessible and professional, kind staff, some options for financing treatments. Team of specialized doctor and it’s own labs. Surgeries, transfers and retrievals are done in RMANJ Clinic in Morristown, NJ.
Englewood

She [Dr. Maria Costantini-Ferrando] was compassionate , very clear,encouraging, that the best things I like about her. She is very energized . I think she did good combination of medication, my hormone level were good during the whole treatment. I am expecting to complete the treatment soon and I am positive t get the right answer.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She was compassionate , very clear,encouraging, that the best things I like about her. She is very energized . I think she did good combination of medication, my hormone level were good during the whole treatment. I am expecting to complete the treatment soon and I am positive t get the right answer.
She can help by Gods grace
Nurse and the staff were very helpful
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I think this clinic is expensive but get great result. The must be a way to help people who doesn't have money somehow, not true financial loan only. That aspect is very important. But it's a great clinic,good staff
Basking Ridge

She [Dr Maria Constantini-Ferrando] is personable and I like her. She has good training and I trust her...[At RMA] Before start of first cycle, instructions were not clear on everything that was needed to start so was delayed...Busy clinic not necessarily strength or weakness...Blood work and ultrasound are on a first come first serve basis and it is whoever is working the day you come in is the MD who will be performing ultrasound.
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She is personable and I like her. She has good training and I trust her.
It is difficult and you have to remain positive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Busy clinic not necessarily strength or weakness.
$250
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Englewood
She [Dr. Maria Costantini-Ferrando] was a strong proponent of a single transfer with a pgs tested embryo which I felt comfortable with...She always took the time to explain things in detail, to remember particulars about my care, and to share words of encouragement...She is blunt and realistic in a way I appreciated. She is kind, compassionate and wants the best for her patients. I could tell she works very hard and very dedicated she does this to help build families because she loves hers so much.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Maria Costantini-Ferrando at RMA of New Jersey?
She will tell you what you need to hear not necessarily what you want to hear.
I got the sense that yes she deals with patients and these issues day in and day out but I took it as a comfort with her she that she is knowledgeable and experienced and was applying that skill to my care. She always took the time to explain things in detail, to remember particulars about my care, and to share words of encouragement.
She did not describe my protocol in those terms to me which I did not find necessary at the time. Later as I learned more through research I could tell what my protocol was but I forget now. The protocol seemed to work well for my follicle growth and egg retrieval I did feel that I was sensitive to the hormones mood wise and she claimed it wouldn’t be the meds which I wasn’t convinced but the retrieval and transfer went well so I was pleased with that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Dessi)
She always got back to me explained whatever I need help with and seemed to care about my well being and outcome.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
There were long waits some mornings. My retrieval and transfer were done at the main location with other doctors I had never met before as well as many monitoring appointments but I was happy with all of them and felt they were all on the same page and following the plan set by my main doctor.
There was a wait at times but never too bad they were pretty efficient and always good experiences with blood draws.
My entire cycle was about $20,000 I think
She was a strong proponent of a single transfer with a pgs tested embryo which I felt comfortable with.
Englewood

Doctor Maria [Costantini-Ferrando] is very positive and that's one of the aspect that encourages me and make me feel like a human and also she has compassion.... The best aspect I really appreciate is the positivity, this treatment is stressful and you someone who can stand with you and give you hope, it give you strength and faith and give you more chances to succeed.... This clinic [RMA of NJ] is very expensive, it's easy to access even by public transportation, you don't lost time when you go for blood text
Encouraging
Doctor Maria is very positive and that's one of the aspect that encourages me and make me feel like a human and also she has compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Brianna )
Very communicative, always called and explained about medication and all blood result very well
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This clinic is very expensive, it's easy to access even by public transportation, you don't lost time when you go for blood text, I believe they are good in term of result but I think they may have a program that help financially according to each patient financial capacity.
Almost 24 000 not included medication cost