Not available by email
Not available by direct line
Available by cell phone
43900 Garfield Road
Clinton Township, MI 48038
18181 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, MI 48124
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Maria Hayes (retired) to a friend?
Neutral: 27%Don't recommend: 73%5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed) to a friend?
2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hayes was very professional, she was gentle with her exams but wanted to start off slower then we would have liked. When my ex husband and I divorced, I made an appointment with Dr. Hayes to continue with donor sperm. It was at this point that I felt judged.... If you are part of a couple you should be fine but I wouldn't recommend going to her if single... I underwent surgery to correct a blocked fallopian tube. We then proceeded with 6 IUI's all with clomid and 2 with injectables. I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve
2012 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Maria Hayes (retired) at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Hayes (retired) at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Hayes (retired) at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed)?
Very routine and robotic like
Describe the protocols Maria Hayes (retired) used in your cycles at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed) and their degree of success.
The nursing staff was rude for the most part. When going over information regarding IUI's and IVF they seemed almost irritated when I would ask questions. The ultrasound technician was very friendly and compassionate
Describe your experience with Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
The clinic was older and didn't have a nice waiting room that made you warm , cozy and comfortable. The exam rooms were separated by a bathroom. This made me a little nervous incase someone walked in from the other room as there weren't locks on the bathroom doors and they were sliding doors that always stay shut. The front desk was friendly enough but nothing like I would have hoped for the type of doctor I was seeing. Dr. Hayes did her consultations in her office which was very messy and seemed to be out of order. She did a good job explaining things to us at our first visit and we left with very high hopes of having a bundle of joy. We were dealing with a blocked tube and low ovarian reserve in myself and male factor infertility in my husband at the time. She didn't do a very good job at explaining the results of his semen analysis. Luckily his sample was taken at a different facility and they did a fantastic job explaining the analysis. We started off just taking clomid for one cycle and then moved to clomid and IUI for 4 cycles. Then we did another 2 cycles of IUI with a trigger. All of them resulted in negative pregnancy tests. I wish that she would have suggested more aggressive medications to help with fertility or possibly even save our money from the IUI's to use on IVF. As someone that struggles with infertility you just put so much hope into things working out that I didn't stop to think about that at the time. I just put all of my faith into my physician and the procedures working. You will do anything to come up with the money to try to have a baby and I believe the clinic knows this and rather then trying to work with patients they draw the process out to make more money. I would not recommend Dr. Hayes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Hayes (retired) at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
At the time I had Blue Care Network that covered 50% of the IUI cost. I did have to pay out of pocket for the surgery to correct my blocked tube and pay for all of the medication, ultrasounds and some of the blood work
Describe Maria Hayes (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
What specific things went wrong at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed)?
Clinton Township (closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Maria Hayes (retired) at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).

Dr. Hayes took time to meet with me and answer all my questions. Unfortunately, I never received the results I hoped for ...I believe Dr. Hayes dragged out the IUIs...I was prescribed clomid (50mg) in combination with IUI. Then 100mg clomid with IUI. Then 150mg clomid with IUI. I tried Femara 3 times with IUI. I don’t remember the dose. I tried injectables after that, Gonel F twice. All 8 cycles included a trigger shot.
Dr. Hayes took time to meet with me and answer all my questions. Unfortunately, I never received the results I hoped for and by that I mean a baby. I believe Dr. Hayes dragged out the IUIs for the money.
I would recommend trying no more then 3 IUIs.
Doctor Hayes office seemed more about the money then the care. Some staff was great to work with; others had no personality.
During one of my IUI cycles, the nurse provided me the wrong day for the IUI. Because my husband went the day we were told and left his sample, we ended up doing back to back IUIs (having to pay for both). One my last cycle at this office, I had a miscarriage and the nurse did not show any compassion. In the same call she told me I was miscarrying, she asked me if I wanted to be scheduled to jump into the neck cycle!
Describe your experience with Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
The clinic had a great reception staff. Bloodwork was done in the office on most days but it was inside a hospital so there was a lab. A weakness was paying $3 to park everytime we went. On the day of an IUI, my husband would pay in the morning when he went to give him sample and then we would pay again when the IUI was preformed. Infertility is expensive enough, you shouldn’t have to pay to park your car.
Each IUI, with ultrasounds, bloodwork, meds, and washing of the sperm was around $1,000. We spent nearly 8 grand. Knowing what I know now, I would not have spent that much on IUIs.
Does not apply.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr Hayes takes her job seriously and I trust her judgment. She pioneered ivf in Michigan. My only concern is that she may not be keeping up with the most up to date science and research. I began treating with dr Hayes after another physician at the practice left.... For our ivf I was on lupron gonal f and menopure for stimulation. Because of my unicornuate uterus she transferred one embryo. I had 7 eggs fertilized. 5 were mature and all fertilizedwith icsi. On day 3 they transferred an 8 day embryo. I had one additional embryo made it to a day 5 freeze.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr Hayes takes her job seriously and I trust her judgment. She pioneered ivf in Michigan. My only concern is that she may not be keeping up with the most up to date science and research. I began treating with dr Hayes after another physician at the practice left. I have had concerns that the clinic is overwhelmed being down one physician.
Dr Hayes takes her job seriously.
I am newer to dr Hayes. So, to date, I haven't had the time to build a good relationship with her.
The staff is wonderful. I feel like an individual and not a number.
Describe your experience with Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
Strengths are the nurses. Weaknesses are the technology with the ultrasound. The surgical center also seemed a bit dated.
Iui with shots and monitoring was $500 not including bloodwork ultrasound or meds. Those were covered by insurance. Fresh ivf with icsi was $8500. I think the frozen cycle will be $3500

2013 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis
I appreciate the manner in which she [Dr. Maria Hayes] delivers information. She's forward and I like that. I like being able to discuss options with her, she was open to hearing what I had to say about medical treatment. I felt that she was not open or perhaps a little judgmental of more natural treatments.... I appreciated the authenticity that she carries and the way she delivered information. I would have liked her to be more open to natural treatments as well.
2013 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis
I appreciate the manner in which she delivers information. She's forward and I like that. I like being able to discuss options with her, she was open to hearing what I had to say about medical treatment. I felt that she was not open or perhaps a little judgmental of more natural treatments.
Be as forward with her as she is with you.
Dr. Hayes is forward but personable. I appreciated the authenticity that she carries and the way she delivered information. I would have liked her to be more open to natural treatments as well.
I'm sorry I don't remember the entire protocol for clomid cycle/injectable cycles
The nurses were very knowledgeable and compassionate. At times though I think a couple nurses forget how traumatic and depressing it can be to not become a mommy every month.
Describe your experience with Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
Front staff and phlebotomist were excellent. Actually the best blood draws I've ever had. They are pleasant when making appointments and working with schedules. I do not have any complaints about the office staff.
They were moderately high as my insurance did not cover infertility treatment