Reproductive Specialists of New York

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolMount Sinai
Stony Brook, NY 11790
West Islip
1111 Montauk Hwy
West Islip, NY 11795
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Maria Saketos to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 76%Don't recommend: 24%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Specialists of New York to a friend?
Maria Saketos looked at all of my information, and looked me in the eye when talking to me. When she would explain the process she was so much more than optimistic, she just felt so certain and it gave me relief that everything will turn out the way we wanted....She Explained everything in detail and never made us feel rushed. I love her matter-of-fact way of speaking to us. At some level, you want a no nonsense approach but she also provided the level of compassion that we wanted.
How was your experience with Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Maria Saketos spoke to me and my husband directly but kindly. She Explained everything in detail and never made us feel rushed. I love her matter-of-fact way of speaking to us. At some level, you want a no nonsense approach but she also provided the level of compassion that we wanted.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
The multitudes of appointments can sometimes feel like a factory, but I learned to appreciate that. If every appointment was an emotional roller coaster, it would be too much to handle. Sometimes you just need to go in, have a sonogram, and get a blood draw, and you don’t need to be in tears the whole time. I liked that. I also liked that if I did need to speak to someone about my concerns, they would sit with me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Maria Saketos looked at all of my information, and looked me in the eye when talking to me. When she would explain the process she was so much more than optimistic, she just felt so certain and it gave me relief that everything will turn out the way we wanted. Even when the first round of IUI resulted in a miscarriage, she made the second round feel like it was a sure bet instead of a crapshoot. Even if it didn’t turn out okay, which it did (I have a 14 month old baby boy now) I felt confident that it would eventually, thanks to her.
Describe the protocols Maria Saketos used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
I took Femara, used the gonal F pen injections, and the trigger shot. She explained that it would help me produce healthier eggs and ensure a greater likelihood of conceiving than without using medication
As I said before, the nurses have quite a busy job with many people coming in and out of appointments. But they did the best they could to speak to you about your day’ treatment plan or why you were at the appointment. They always tried to accommodate me when I needed to go in early or be seen first to get to work on time
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Occasionally, their wait time would be very long without explanation, even if you had an appointment at a specific time. Other times I would be seen right away and be in and out for my sonogram and blood draw within 15 minutes. I never really knew what to expect when I got there. I would have appreciated phone calls or updates if you were already in the waiting room, if they were running more than a half hour behind schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They charged a flat fee of $1,000 that covered a month’s cycle of blood draws, sonograms, and one IUI insemination. The medications I had to pay for out-of-pocket. My insurance did not cover anything and I thought this was a fair charge.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Mineola
Dr. Saketos treated us with the upmost respect, dignity and empathy...She always took the time to answer questions, explanations, etc...She was an excellent, caring, compassionate and empathic doctor. I would and do gladly recommend her and the other staff doctors to others for assistance with their reproductive needs.. my husband and I were happy with our results and the care we received.
Respect that she is one of the best and take her assistance and advice as each and every couple’s medical issues and conditions are different
Dr. Saketos treated us with the upmost respect, dignity and empathy. She and her staff always treated us as humans not like s number. She always took the time to answer questions, explanations, etc...
The staff was organized, well respected and helpful through all parts of my conception through the first 8 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic was great, they tried to keep everything organized and up to date with timing and tried to not have you wait too long to be seen by the medical professionals. We throughoughly enjoyed all of our experience with this office.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They would schedule times and have a group of women called into every waiting area. They would individually call every women for either blood draws or ultrasound or whatever their needs were, then they would see the doctor.
We used a NY state infertility grant with a sliding scale, this probably cost about 9,000 when we were all finished
2011 - 2012
10 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekatos was very knowledgeable about all treatments and was very compassionate. However, she was not super enthusiastic about egg freezing for me at age 41. I do not feel that I was fully aware that my chance of being able to use my frozen eggs are very, very low (2 per cent)....I felt like Dr. Sekatos was kid and "on my side."...I used injections to stimulate follicles for egg retrieval. I was able to retrieve a fair amount for my age.
2011 - 2012
10 Eggs Frozen
Speak with different doctors at this clinic to find the best fit - which doctors specialize in which procedures.
I felt like Dr. Sekatos was kid and "on my side."
The nurses were kind and helpful. There were quite a few patients seen at this clinic, and there was often a long wait.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It was very easy to get appointments, but the wait was often long when you were there. There was a bit of lack of communication with the billing department when I first began egg retrieval. Now that I am starting the process of transferring my eggs to the DC area, I am disappointed to find that some of their egg freezing techniques were not the utmost cutting edge and the chance of my eggs being viable is extremely low.
At this time, I was working for NYC Department of Education, and all of my treatments were covered (except egg freezing). I don't remember the exact cost.
Describe Maria Saketos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Specialists of New York.