Not available by email
Stony Brook, NY 11790
West Islip
1111 Montauk Hwy
West Islip, NY 11795
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Maria Saketos to a friend?

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Specialists of New York to a friend?
Maria Saketos looked at all of my information, and looked me in the eye when talking to me. When she would explain the process she was so much more than optimistic, she just felt so certain and it gave me relief that everything will turn out the way we wanted....She Explained everything in detail and never made us feel rushed. I love her matter-of-fact way of speaking to us. At some level, you want a no nonsense approach but she also provided the level of compassion that we wanted.
How was your experience with Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Maria Saketos spoke to me and my husband directly but kindly. She Explained everything in detail and never made us feel rushed. I love her matter-of-fact way of speaking to us. At some level, you want a no nonsense approach but she also provided the level of compassion that we wanted.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
The multitudes of appointments can sometimes feel like a factory, but I learned to appreciate that. If every appointment was an emotional roller coaster, it would be too much to handle. Sometimes you just need to go in, have a sonogram, and get a blood draw, and you don’t need to be in tears the whole time. I liked that. I also liked that if I did need to speak to someone about my concerns, they would sit with me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Maria Saketos looked at all of my information, and looked me in the eye when talking to me. When she would explain the process she was so much more than optimistic, she just felt so certain and it gave me relief that everything will turn out the way we wanted. Even when the first round of IUI resulted in a miscarriage, she made the second round feel like it was a sure bet instead of a crapshoot. Even if it didn’t turn out okay, which it did (I have a 14 month old baby boy now) I felt confident that it would eventually, thanks to her.
Describe the protocols Maria Saketos used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
I took Femara, used the gonal F pen injections, and the trigger shot. She explained that it would help me produce healthier eggs and ensure a greater likelihood of conceiving than without using medication
As I said before, the nurses have quite a busy job with many people coming in and out of appointments. But they did the best they could to speak to you about your day’ treatment plan or why you were at the appointment. They always tried to accommodate me when I needed to go in early or be seen first to get to work on time
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Occasionally, their wait time would be very long without explanation, even if you had an appointment at a specific time. Other times I would be seen right away and be in and out for my sonogram and blood draw within 15 minutes. I never really knew what to expect when I got there. I would have appreciated phone calls or updates if you were already in the waiting room, if they were running more than a half hour behind schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They charged a flat fee of $1,000 that covered a month’s cycle of blood draws, sonograms, and one IUI insemination. The medications I had to pay for out-of-pocket. My insurance did not cover anything and I thought this was a fair charge.
Mineola
When my numbers weren’t doubling she [Dr. Saketos] called me to tell me that and then said go pick up a shot at a pharmacy without even telling me why I needed the shot or what it was. When I went back to the office with the shot the nurses had NO idea they were supposed to give me the shot and another doctor there said she did not advise I take the shot... is quick to prescribe meds without seeing what is best for her patients.: she barely sees the patients herself and just sends them in for blood and sono every week like it’s a factory
She is unprofessional and is quick to prescribe meds without seeing what is best for her patients.: she barely sees the patients herself and just sends them in for blood and sono every week like it’s a factory
Be prepared to be misinformed and told something different every time you go in. She is inconsistent and inconsiderate
She is completely unprofessional. When my numbers weren’t doubling she called me to tell me that and then said go pick up a shot at a pharmacy without even telling me why I needed the shot or what it was. When I went back to the office with the shot the nurses had NO idea they were supposed to give me the shot and another doctor there said she did not advise I take the shot.
Clomid with timed intercourse 3 times, doubled clomid with injection shots, Femara(upon my request) with shot and IuI
They were nice but all have different opinions and styles of care- so it’s an inconsistent experience, some are better than others
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Strengths- quick Weaknesses- because they are quick they are not thorough with explaining things and explaining why they are doing things Some nurses are nice, some are rude The doctors barely see you and just send you in for blood and sono
A lot of shots were out of pocket- about 600$ for 4 shots, progesterone out of pocket 400$ and every copay was $50
Mineola

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Maria Saketos at Reproductive Specialists of New York.

I did feel a little rushed and overwhelmed during our initial consult, as it's a very busy clinic. But, Dr. Sakedos was very kind and open to listening to our questions and concerns. She laid out all of the possible treatment plans with great detail. She and her staff have been great at answering questions in a timely manner any time I've called.... We're still in the early stages of our infertility plan. Will be going in for our first IUI in a couple weeks. But so far Dr. Saketos has been very personable and great at explaining our options and worked with us to make a plan we're comfortable with.
Take notes! She gives you a lot of info on the first visit.
The nursing staff at the Mineola office have all been great so far. They've all been compassionate and caring. And the phlebotomists are the quickest I've ever dealt with.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Overall, I like this office a lot. Clearly a lot of other people do too, because it is ALWAYS busy. Most appointments I've been to, I've waited 20-30 minuted past my appointment time to get called back, but once I was there for an hour and half before getting placed in an exam room.
They've managed to bill some of my initial tests to our insurance, but our IUI package will be paid out of pocket at about $1300 per cycle, not including medication.
Describe Maria Saketos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Mineola

I loved Dr. Saketos! She has a terrific bedside manner: she is warm, patient, kind, honest, and took her time with us. She didn't treat me like an "easy case" just because I was young like my previous doctor did. She had a calm demeanor during my egg retrieval and transfers. She even called to congratulate me when I got pregnant with my twins...did not recommend a multiple embryo transfer, because we were young and had several frozen embryos in storage. We did a single embryo transfer first, but that failed, and I was insistent on a multiple embryo transfer the second time around. She warned us of the risks, which were valid, because I ended up having a high-risk twin pregnancy, but now we have two healthy babies!
I loved Dr. Saketos! She has a terrific bedside manner: she is warm, patient, kind, honest, and took her time with us. She didn't treat me like an "easy case" just because I was young like my previous doctor did. She had a calm demeanor during my egg retrieval and transfers. She even called to congratulate me when I got pregnant with my twins. I would highly recommend her to anyone in the Long Island area who is struggling with infertility-she is worth the wait!
Listen to her advice! :)
I loved Dr. Saketos! She was so warm, never rushed me, and always listened patiently when I voiced my frustrations.
I loved the nurses at Reproductive Specialists of NY! They were all so sweet, caring, and invested in their patients' success. They all jumped up and down for me when I finally got pregnant!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Overall, I had a good experience with Reproductive Specialists of NY. My only criticisms are that the waiting time can be a bit long, which is tough when you have to be there so often for monitoring. Also, sometimes I felt like there was a lack of communication because multiple nurses would give me different information at various times throughout the day when I called with questions. I wish I could have talked to my doctor each time, but I know that's not always possible. I did have my favorite nurses, though, who were always wonderful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Monitoring was usually before work, which was convenient.
Dr. Saketos did not recommend a multiple embryo transfer, because we were young and had several frozen embryos in storage. We did a single embryo transfer first, but that failed, and I was insistent on a multiple embryo transfer the second time around. She warned us of the risks, which were valid, because I ended up having a high-risk twin pregnancy, but now we have two healthy babies!
Mineola

Dr. Saketos treated us with the upmost respect, dignity and empathy...She always took the time to answer questions, explanations, etc...She was an excellent, caring, compassionate and empathic doctor. I would and do gladly recommend her and the other staff doctors to others for assistance with their reproductive needs.. my husband and I were happy with our results and the care we received.
Respect that she is one of the best and take her assistance and advice as each and every couple’s medical issues and conditions are different
Dr. Saketos treated us with the upmost respect, dignity and empathy. She and her staff always treated us as humans not like s number. She always took the time to answer questions, explanations, etc...
The staff was organized, well respected and helpful through all parts of my conception through the first 8 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic was great, they tried to keep everything organized and up to date with timing and tried to not have you wait too long to be seen by the medical professionals. We throughoughly enjoyed all of our experience with this office.
They would schedule times and have a group of women called into every waiting area. They would individually call every women for either blood draws or ultrasound or whatever their needs were, then they would see the doctor.
We used a NY state infertility grant with a sliding scale, this probably cost about 9,000 when we were all finished

2011 - 2012
10 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekatos was very knowledgeable about all treatments and was very compassionate. However, she was not super enthusiastic about egg freezing for me at age 41. I do not feel that I was fully aware that my chance of being able to use my frozen eggs are very, very low (2 per cent)....I felt like Dr. Sekatos was kid and "on my side."...I used injections to stimulate follicles for egg retrieval. I was able to retrieve a fair amount for my age.
2011 - 2012
10 Eggs Frozen
Speak with different doctors at this clinic to find the best fit - which doctors specialize in which procedures.
I felt like Dr. Sekatos was kid and "on my side."
The nurses were kind and helpful. There were quite a few patients seen at this clinic, and there was often a long wait.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It was very easy to get appointments, but the wait was often long when you were there. There was a bit of lack of communication with the billing department when I first began egg retrieval. Now that I am starting the process of transferring my eggs to the DC area, I am disappointed to find that some of their egg freezing techniques were not the utmost cutting edge and the chance of my eggs being viable is extremely low.
At this time, I was working for NYC Department of Education, and all of my treatments were covered (except egg freezing). I don't remember the exact cost.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Saketos treated us very nicely and explained all aspects of everything to us on details.... We felt very comfortable with Dr. Saketos. She made us feel at ease and helped us through learning everything we needed to know. When I called with questions she was able to communicate them back to me. She explained exactly what I needed to do where it wouldn’t start as such an expense to us.... Dr. Saketos suggested us to go back to my Gyno to prescribes the medication, blood test and other tests
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Even if you forget to ask something you can always contact them.
Our insurance did not cover anything. Dr. Saketos suggested us to go back to my Gyno to prescribes the medication, blood test and other tests so that it would be covered by insurance which is was. She explained that once I am done with clomid then I will start back with them for more in depth treatments. They checked my husband as welll during this time. I have a low AMH and my husband has low average sperm count.
Everyone was extremely helpful and nice during the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful. We have had to wait for long periods of time in the waiting room while we were seeing the doctors or getting blood work. Usually a couple of hours but other than that everything was great.
Monitoring is $1250 which included IUI for one cycle.