U. of Arizona

Mark Amols works at

1760 E Pecos Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85295
480-351-8222

He [Dr. Mark Amols] is kind and understanding. He takes the time to remember details despite being a very busy doctor...during off hours Dr. Amols has responded himself and it was really appreciated...Be prepared that you will be seeing a variety of people. Dr Amols is there for consultations and surgeries, but Iui is typically done by his nurse practitioner and ultrasounds by a tech.... He diagnosed me with PCOS and started out with just letrozole and timed intercourse. After that didn’t work, I did an SHG which determined some sort of block, so had a hysteroscopy to clear out endometrial tissue. I still wasn’t pregnant after that so we did an iui with letrozole and trigger shot followed by another iui the next cycle with letrozole, gonal-f, and trigger. No success yet.
Be prepared that you will be seeing a variety of people [at New Direction Fertility Centers]. Dr Amols is there for consultations and surgeries, but Iui is typically done by his nurse practitioner and ultrasounds by a tech...Most of the nurses have been compassionate, but occasionally some comments are made that are well intentioned, but not helpful. I know it’s because they probably haven’t been through infertility themselves, but still working in that environment needs more sensitivity.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is very compassionate and caring, he sincerely wants you to get the best results and outcome. Sometimes I did leave feeling somewhat confused, however I could typically ask my questions through the online portal later and they would be answered.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Mark and his family have been through fertility treatments personally, and it shows in his character. He is kind and understanding. He takes the time to remember details despite being a very busy doctor. His staff are all genuine as well and the online communication is a perk as well. Most of the time nurses will respond, but during off hours Dr. Amols has responded himself and it was really appreciated.
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at New Direction Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
When I first came to the clinic I didn’t have a diagnosis yet despite being at a previous clinic. He diagnosed me with PCOS and started out with just letrozole and timed intercourse. After that didn’t work, I did an SHG which determined some sort of block, so had a hysteroscopy to clear out endometrial tissue. I still wasn’t pregnant after that so we did an iui with letrozole and trigger shot followed by another iui the next cycle with letrozole, gonal-f, and trigger. No success yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It could be a long wait to get in as a new patient, initially when I called it was 6 months away. However, I was called just a couple weeks later and got into an earlier slot. It is a fast paced clinic that is high traffic, but I have never felt like a number despite that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers.
I was blessed when first starting out to have tricare, which covered most of my office visits and ultrasounds. He also knew a loop hole to get a ton of medications needed for the iui and potentially ivf process at a discounted price. Iui cost me around 300 plus a co pay or two for a couple of the visits. Now it will be more with different insurance.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers.
There was a couple times where I had to remind or call the clinic to order my progesterone and rush it to receive it in time for the protocol.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Mark Amols] used the normal protocol which is the highest strength protocol for my age group. Although I didn’t respond as well to this treatment protocol, he did listen to me and now we are switching to a less aggressive protocol to see if I will react better to it...understands what it’s like to go through infertility as he and his wife have been through it...I didn’t have a lot of one on one time with as he is super busy. He is a caring doctor though. I saw him during my ultrasound of my eggs. Each time he was fast and efficient. Appointments with him were at most 30 minutes. Very quick.
[New Direction Fertility Centers] are brand new and the labs are equipped with the latest technology and air filtration equipment. The office is clean and the staff are kind. They are backed up so to get a new patient appointment is about a couple months out...The staff is nice. I don’t really see my ivf nurse but the other nurses are nice...The cost for ivf is a less expensive then other clinics I have visited. The office is very transparent when it comes to cost. Also this office accepts health insurance which other ivf places don’t.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I like him as a doctor, but I didn’t have a lot of one on one time with as he is super busy. He is a caring doctor though. I saw him during my ultrasound of my eggs. Each time he was fast and efficient. Appointments with him were at most 30 minutes. Very quick.
He is a good doctor and does care about his patients. Although I know he does all of the appointments and has a lot of patients to see as he is the only doctor I. The practice.
Dr. Amols understands what it’s like to go through infertility as he and his wife have been through it
He used the normal protocol which is the highest strength protocol for my age group. Although I didn’t respond as well to this treatment protocol, he did listen to me and now we are switching to a less aggressive protocol to see if I will react better to it.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are brand new and the labs are equipped with the latest technology and air filtration equipment. The office is clean and the staff are kind. They are backed up so to get a new patient appointment is about a couple months out.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Right now we don’t have any embryos to transfer. Although I have heard from other patients that I know say he has a high rate of twin pregnancy. The patients have the right to elect one or two embryo transfer.
Treated 2017
Super difficult to get into see Dr. Amols. Even in an emergent condition, he told me to go to the ER for an U/S instead of into his office during a weekday while they were open. Also staff is so busy they never answer the phone. Impossible to reach a nurse or billing coordinator. Frustrating.... Smart Dr. and very cheerful, but the practice is too busy for him to give each client the time they need. He sets no additional time for urgent visits. I liked talking to him because he seems to be very honest, and I'm sure he is very good at what he does.
They [New Direction Fertility] neglected to submit my visit to my health insurance within the allotted 90 days. Afterwards it was too late to do so. Then they proceed to bill me for the visit. I had to file an appeal. It took me a year to get it settled.... The prices are very good, but keep in mind that the meidcatin may cost you over $300/day, as they did for me, and the clinic will not give you any samples so you're on your own to purchase all meds. Also. They did not tell me what days I would need to take the menopure right before the retrieval,
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Smart Dr. and very cheerful, but the practice is too busy for him to give each client the time they need. He sets no additional time for urgent visits. I liked talking to him because he seems to be very honest, and I'm sure he is very good at what he does. But I developed peritonitis post egg retrieval and he was not able to see me.
Cross your fingers and pray that nothing goes wrong.
Professional and well-trained. Def. knew their stuff.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The prices are very good, but keep in mind that the meidcatin may cost you over $300/day, as they did for me, and the clinic will not give you any samples so you're on your own to purchase all meds. Also. They did not tell me what days I would need to take the menopure right before the retrieval, so I ended up purchasing extra. Communication could be better. AGAIN- HAVE A NURSE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER YOUR PHONES. Front desk staff know nothing about the medcations.
cycle cost $1000. Drugs were $300 per day
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
They neglected to submit my visit to my health insurance within the allotted 90 days. Afterwards it was too late to do so. Then they proceed to bill me for the visit. I had to file an appeal. It took me a year to get it settled.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Amols is personable and compassionate. I felt like he truly cared about the success of our treatments. He takes time to answer questions.... Dr. Amols is a talented physician. He recognized an anomaly I had right away when other physicians had not. He has good bed side manner and spends time explaining information in details and answering questions.... The office is very busy and it sometimes felt like the staff forgot to provide important information. I often had to ask or remind them.
The office [New Direction Fertility] is very busy and it sometimes felt like the staff forgot to provide important information. I often had to ask or remind them.... The pricing is reasonable. Most of the fees are posted on the website so you can more easily estimate cost of treatments. This is helpful but remember that some things (diagnostic services and medication) are not included in package prices.... All nurses that I was in contact with were very nice and compassionate. Some were not as organized as others. I never felt like I knew what was coming next. I had to do a lot of my own research to understand the processes. I had one incident with miscommunication between the nurses that postponed one of my IUIs causing me to have to reschedule a flight and pay for additional medications.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Have questions written down and ready for each appointment. Review bills and ask questions if you do not understand/agree.
Dr. Amols is personable and compassionate. I felt like he truly cared about the success of our treatments. He takes time to answer questions. The office is very busy and it sometimes felt like the staff forgot to provide important information. I often had to ask or remind them.
Treated 2012 - 2013
Personal, compassionate. Excellent. Needs better understanding of bIlling issues but great overall....One big incident. Lab results weren't reviewed timely. When I went in for uterine resection surgery, I was informed that in addition to my septated uterus, I also had a balanced translocation, which changed the course of my treatment significantly. The surgery was canceled and rescheduled while I debated how to move forward.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Excellent. Needs better understanding of bIlling issues but great overall.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Check your insurance coverage
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Personal, compassionate
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Accessible.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Smaller, comfortable
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Testing was covered. Any treatments were out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health
Chandler (closed)
Treated 2020
As a patient I think mark [Amols] is great. He’s very sympathetic considering he’s been through infertility also so he had compassion for what he does. ... 300 gonal f, 75 menopur, birth control leading up to retrieval, centritide, and novarel for trigger. Second retrieval he upped the menopur to 150, gonal still 300, added in Omnitrope for egg quality, novarel and centritide
Strengths [of New Direction Fertility Centers] are cleanliness, friendly, good prices, and knowledgeable doctor. Weaknesses are busy, so have to look after yourself somewhat, and communication but again they have a lot to take on especially right now ... The clinic is just very busy so he [Dr. Amols] tries his best to be personal with everyone ... I was an out of state patient so this was extremely stressful however this is my own fault and responsibilities that I took on
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
As a patient I think mark is great. He’s very sympathetic considering he’s been through infertility also so he had compassion for what he does. The clinic is just very busy so he tries his best to be personal with everyone
Mark is great, however new direction is extremely busy so they take longer to get back to and you have to somewhat look after yourself and be your own advocate
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths are cleanliness, friendly, good prices, and knowledgeable doctor. Weaknesses are busy, so have to look after yourself somewhat, and communication but again they have a lot to take on especially right now
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New Direction Fertility Centers.
IVF is not cheap, it’s very pricey regardless of where you go, but the staff at new direction truly did try their best to accommodate you
He does not mind doing 1 or 2, however we only have 2 so want to play it safe and do one at a time