U. of Arizona

1760 E Pecos Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85295
480-351-8222

Treated 2017 - 2020
one thing I am sure of is that Dr. Amols has our back. He will fight for us and be kind to us and allow us to continue to grow our family...I was so nervous coming off of our 1st miscarriage, I started crying during the transfer. Dr. Amols’ words in that moment to my husband and I assured us that we are doing everything right, and it’s not our faults...The day of our consult, I remember leaving with a plan. With a confidence I haven’t had before. I remember Dr. Amols writing on the back of a piece of paper how PCOS works and detailing the working of the body/hormones in such a way I finally understood it. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 14 and no one had ever taken this much time to explain it. I
They [the nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] are great! They work very hard and care very much. This couldn’t be done without them!...IUIs were $750 meds were separate, this was a few years ago. IVF was around $6000...I would want a new patient to understand that they are so busy helping many many women become pregnant and that if it takes a few to respond then that’s okay. Though they do have a policy where they get back to everyone same day of sent though the portal and I absolutely love that. They have contacted me when I was having my miscarriage after hours when I messaged about bleeding and got me in the very next morning. They are attentive and know what they’re doing.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
There was a point in time when we first started seeking treatment where we were told getting pregnant would never happen - this was told to us by our previous fertility doctor. We were told to seek out donor egg and sperm, embryo adoption, and even adoption. I was looked over for not being the “ideal” fertility patient; plus size, PCOS, annovulation, plus extreme male infertility. I felt worthless. It was at that point when a friend had recommended Dr. Amols to us and was pregnant with her son because of him. We scheduled an appointment and from the moment we did we were so happy we made that decision. The day of our consult, I remember leaving with a plan. With a confidence I haven’t had before. I remember Dr. Amols writing on the back of a piece of paper how PCOS works and detailing the working of the body/hormones in such a way I finally understood it. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 14 and no one had ever taken this much time to explain it. I left feeling as though all of my questions were answered, and happy, but most importantly my faith and confidence were restored that day. After that we underwent 3 IUIs, all had failed. We believe this was due to poor sperm quality and count. But the positive out of the whole thing was that he finally got me to produce eggs and ovulate! None of which was possible before. He believed in small wins like that and so did we. We moved on to our egg retrieval next. He was at every follicle check and scan, counting the follicles. Continued to restore hope each appointment. I have no weakness for Dr. Amols. I truly believe he is the best doctor we have ever seen. And it is obviously true to who he is as a human because there is no way someone as busy as him can continue to be this great of a person to each patient every single day, at every single appointment. I also love that he remembers what we talk about during the appointment and I never have to repeat myself or remind him of what went on. He is always prepared.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I would advise a prospective patient to remind themselves that this doctor isn’t like the rest. Your questions will get answered. You will regain trust with your doctor again here. He does have your best interest in mind. And I would tell them to TRUST THE PROCESS. He does know what he is doing and you can count on him to keep you informed on every step. Most advise I see for any type of doctor is always “be an advocate for your own health” and here... Dr. Amols is your advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I left a previous fertility doctor for this exact reason. I felt like a number at the previous place and like a human being with feelings and intent with Dr. Amols. I have always stated that Dr. Amols is the kindest human being I have ever met and anytime I recommend his practice I always say that. A most recent example of his kindness would be when we just lost our miracle IVF boy girl twins at 21 weeks due to an incompetent cervix and preterm labor. This was totally out of his control yet I felt obligated to tell him because we had developed that human relationship as doctor and patient. He has a portal which patients can communicate through via “text” named Klara and when I relayed what happened through their app, he personally took the time to address what happened and express his condolences. What doctor takes the time to read something like that, something that wasn’t his issue at all, and express how sorry that is. This has been a long and increasingly difficult process for us. Now that we have two babies, Ian James and Makenna Renee, in heaven, it makes it that much more of a sensitive subject and it is becoming more mentally painful to charge on. However, one thing I am sure of is that Dr. Amols has our back. He will fight for us and be kind to us and allow us to continue to grow our family. One last thing - during my last embryo transfer cycle with the twins, I was so nervous coming off of our 1st miscarriage, I started crying during the transfer. Dr. Amols’ words in that moment to my husband and I assured us that we are doing everything right, and it’s not our faults. They way he made us feel in that moment... I can still feel that feeling even now talking about it. It’s like no other and I recommend him to everyone and anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at New Direction Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
For me we first had to see if I could even respond to meds appropriately. So we first started with oral medication such as clomid and femara. Dr. Amos quickly noticed that I was not responding to either of these. But instead of canceling the entire cycle and having to start from fresh in another month, he was able to pivot and add different medications on to see if this helped. We slowly added injectable medicine such as Gonal-F, and that seem to do the trick. He was very skilled with what he prescribed. We started out very slow but we were able to change things very quickly with his expertise expertise. I remember during my first IUI cycle that I just had SO many follicles that the struggle would be getting just 1 or 2to fully mature. He took this very seriously and we were able to get that 1 or 2 to mature and used the trigger shot to release them. I remember asking why I can’t just be on only the injectable medicine if it works to go to the follicles… Not knowing that he had a plan in mind. And once I asked that he provided his rationale for using both oral medication and injectables because we want to slowly obtain one or two follicles to mature. I didn’t quite comprehend that more follicles maturing but more potential babies… He helped explain to me that we want to limit my risk and the goal is to hold a happy health baby in my arms. For my egg retrieval cycle, We had already gone through all the ups and downs with the previous attempts (IUIs). So we were pretty confident on what to do this time around. He assessed everything previously and knew exactly what medication to describe in the exact amounts. During my egg retrieval cycle I remember him actually decreasing my medication and it fluctuated almost every day or every other day to make sure we were getting the right amount at the right time. You have to be really skilled to be that laser focused! In the end we retrieved plenty of eggs and froze enough embryos and we were so happy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are great! They work very hard and care very much. This couldn’t be done without them!
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers.
IUIs were $750 meds were separate, this was a few years ago. IVF was around $6000 but half way through we had insurance coverage so the cost changed. Anesthesia for IVF was separate.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr. Amols had us sign an acknowledgment of risk when transferring our embryos. I believe I am a very unique example of what *could* go wrong with a multiple pregnancy. We lost our perfectly healthy baby girl and baby boy twins on 3/21/20 and 3/22/20 to an incompetent cervix and preterm labor. This has changed my mind on what I will transfer next which will be only 1 embryo. I liked that he allowed us to make our decision. And even if they told us over and over again about the risk of preterm labor and incompetent cervix I would had still choose to transfer two because we did not genetically test our embryos. And add that our first transfer we transferred 2 and only one stuck but ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks and they were our best two embryos. My mind constantly goes back and wonders “what if”... it even then, now we know I have these issues that not everyone has and I am looking forward to my consult with him next month to discuss what to do next.
Treated 2017 - 2019
After multiple failed IUI's, we moved onto IVF at the [Dr. Mark Amol's] recommendation...after PGS testing we ended up with 6 frozen embryos...allowed us to choose between transferring one or transferring two embryos. We chose to transfer two...knew us personally and remembered details of our situation/history every time he saw us. He was always prepared to make a plan that would work specifically for us. He never made me feel like just a number.
They [staff at New Direction] always got me in and out as quickly as possible without sacrificing good communication in the process. Most of the communication outside of appointments is done online via Klara messenger. At times, I loved it because I can ask a question and get a clear answer in writing that I can refer back to. Other times, some questions are a lot to type and it would be easier to talk to an actual person. That's one small drawback, but most of the time I loved how quickly they respond on Klara. They are great about that and even Dr. Amols responds to questions after hours.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols and his staff are exactly what you need when going through the difficult and often heartbreaking road of struggling to conceive. They were great at communication and cheering us on every step of the way. My IVF coordinator Maggie was so great. She recognized me in passing in the hall even when I didn't have appointments to see her - they made me feel like my specific case mattered to them and they were invested in achieving success with my treatments, too. Dr. Amols is extremely involved in the process - he's the best in the business in my opinion. The one drawback is how long the waiting list is sometimes for new patients, but honestly that's because they are so worth the wait. Initially, my new patient appointment was months away, but I called regularly asking about cancellations and ended up getting in much earlier. I've seen other doctors that had shorter wait times and it became obvious why theirs was shorter and New Direction is longer. My miracle baby boy is on the way because of Dr. Amols and his staff at New Direction - and to me, that was worth any small amount of time I spent waiting for my first appointment.
Don't be scared away by the new patient waiting list. First, I promise it's worth the wait. Second, get the appointment on the calendar, but then call a couple times a week to ask about cancellations. So many people get in much earlier than initially scheduled because they are persistent about calling for earlier appointments that may have become available. That worked well for me!
Dr. Amols is attentive and extremely involved in the entire treatment process. I've seen other doctors who make you feel like a number or have their medical assistants doing everything and making all the decisions about treatments. That kind of clinic is frustrating because you don't want to be spending thousands of dollars to have an MA doing everything - that doesn't happen at New Direction. Dr. Amols knew us personally and remembered details of our situation/history every time he saw us. He was always prepared to make a plan that would work specifically for us. He never made me feel like just a number.
Initially, because of our situation, we first tried IUI. Doctor Amols was great about adjusting my medication protocol as needed depending on how I responded. Clomid didn't really work for me - we did injectables for all our IUI cycles. After multiple failed IUI's, we moved onto IVF at the doctor's recommendation. We knew it was the right next step. My stim protocol was Menopur and Gonal f, with Cetrotide halfway through the stim process to keep me from ovulating too soon. HCG trigger shot was 36 hours before egg retreival. We had a fantastic retrieval result of 23 eggs, 17 . mature and 15 fertilized. Out of those, 9 made it to freeze and after PGS testing we ended up with 6 frozen embryos. Transfer went very smoothly roughly six weeks later with PIO injections beginning five days before transfer and continuing until 12 weeks 1 day of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie)
I loved my IVF coordinator Maggie. She was awesome, sweet and everyone who is assigned to her loves her.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
There is definitely a long waiting list at times, but it is worth the wait. The clinic is efficient, I never waited long for scheduled appointments. They always got me in and out as quickly as possible without sacrificing good communication in the process. Most of the communication outside of appointments is done online via Klara messenger. At times, I loved it because I can ask a question and get a clear answer in writing that I can refer back to. Other times, some questions are a lot to type and it would be easier to talk to an actual person. That's one small drawback, but most of the time I loved how quickly they respond on Klara. They are great about that and even Dr. Amols responds to questions after hours.
When we did our IUIs, we didn't have fertility coverage through our insurance. Each IUI, including all ultrasound appointments and everything, was $750. This didn't include medications - with meds, each IUI cost around $900. When we did IVF, we had fertility coverage through our insurance so we only paid out of pocked for the PGS testing which wasn't included - this testing was $2800. If paid out of pocket, we were quoted $7,500 for an IVF cycle.
Dr. Amols allowed us to choose between transferring one or transferring two embryos. We chose to transfer two.

Treated 2018 - 2020
Make sure you ask as many questions when you are with Dr. amols. He is a very busy man and gives you all the time in the world when you meet with him, but it can be extremely difficult to meet with him. ... Dr. Amols always treated us with so much compassion when we were going through fertility treatments. He knew we were getting close and never gave up hope when it felt like there was no hope. He was always our biggest cheerleader. However, because he is the only doctor, sometimes it was hard to have a chance to speak with him
Communication can be an area of opportunity. You need to advocate for yourself because sometimes it can be hard to get all of the answers you need if you are considered a more simple case. We never had any issues with the clinic, but there were times when we had questions and since 99% of communication is through the app, things can at times be lost in translation or be more delayed than having the ability to call and ask a quick question.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols always remembered who we were, and remembered specific details about us. We never felt like just a number with him or his staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Melody was amazing and my go to for most questions. )
Everyone was amazing and always made sure I knew exactly next steps and what the rationale was for our protocol
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers.
When I went through my egg retrieval my pharmacy had been calling ND for two weeks to confirm a prescription and I had to go into the clinic to have them speak to the pharmacy on the phone. The pharmacy had been waiting for over a week for a response. A separate time, my local Walgreens needed confirmation on a painkiller prescribed during my miscarriage and since the clinic never called back I never received the pain killer to relieve the pain.
Gilbert
he [Dr. Mark Amols] is an excellent communicator and will breakdown the information for you...He ordered me to come in for a sonohysterography and had his NP take care of that, it revealed a polyp that he will be removing from my uterus in one week (May 2nd) and then I should be good to go for discussions on when to begin IVF treatment...he promotes multiple embryo transfer if his patients are comfortable with it and check out as able to carry twins.
They [the nurses at New Direction] have all been very tender and sweet to us. I cried in the waiting room because after this many years...it's just sad. They will bring me tissue and water. They are very quick to communicate answers to any questions I have had about procedures and billing and time frames...$200 for the initial visit (keep in mind we are cash paying). $99 for the semen analysis. $400 for the sonohsterography. $1800 for the polypectomy.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
As explained in my prior write up, Dr. Amols has definite strengths showing in the kindness, compassion, empathy, and communication quadrants. The only quadrant of characteristic I could say he may struggle with is jumping straight to IVF as the only option. I noticed he brought it up multiple times throughout our conversations with him, appearing to base his recommendations on my husbands very low sperm count. We were hoping to hear a few more details on options for increasing sperm count prior to moving straight into IVF. I know that Dr. Amols main focus is of course, helping couples conceive and produce live births, I trust he is passionate and determined in his quest to facilitate this, and I think he could have throttled that conversation back just a tad for us as we were are little overwhelmed by the thought of IVF for those reasons most people are... "how many embryos could I produce and will I be able to carry all my babies?, will this even work?, what is the true cost?, can we afford this realistically?, will we feel severe financial pain mingled with the joy of bringing a child into the world (nobody wants that)?" Other than that somewhat quick conclusion he gave us initially, all other accounts of first and subsequent meetings with Dr. Amols, having him discuss female and male infertility factors, what does the process look like and other items, have been excellent. I sure hope this helps!
Let him speak and ask you questions and you may find he answers yours along the way and do not withhold any personal questions or curiosities as he is an excellent communicator and will breakdown the information for you. Make sure you are on time and do not miss your appointments if at all possible as Dr. Amols is a popular and in demand doctor here and it may take time for a reschedule.
Dr. Amols took well over an hour to meet with my husband and i as we have been unable to conceive for 9.75 years. Dr. Amols showed tenderness and compassion towards us along with an incredible amount of empathy since he and his wife struggled to conceive for 10 years. He shared his own personal testimony with us regarding infertility. He tediously drew out on paper and reviewed with us both my test results and my husbands. Dr. Amols explained how a semen- analysis worked and how numbers are calculated, he took the time to explain how they determined my egg quality based on the blood I gave, I cannot praise him enough for the work he has done with us up to this point. We are cash paying, there is no insurance coverage with our businesses for fertility and both Dr. Amols and his office staff have been sensitive to our yearning for children and the heavy burden of cost associated with infertility treatments. He said he would do this for free if he could figure out a way too! I nearly jumped off my seat and wrapped my arms around him!
Well...Dr. Amols took my blood work from my gynecological office that was done for the pre-fertility treatment first appointment and said my eggs were literally perfect. He looked over the semen-analysis my husband had and said all the sperm looked great except that there are far too few of them! He ordered me to come in for a sonohysterography and had his NP take care of that, it revealed a polyp that he will be removing from my uterus in one week (May 2nd) and then I should be good to go for discussions on when to begin IVF treatment. We also had one more semen analysis done just to be sure the one he originally looked over wasnt what Dr. Amols called 'a bad day' and alas, the second SA resulted in low sperm count. Dr. Amols has suggested that this is a difficult obstacle to overcome through any other treatments and outside of IVF there are not may sound and empirically proven efforts, which was his rationale for suggesting IVF in the first place. He was sensitive to our financial situation and said we should not fuss over doing HSG tests if we are going to proceed with IVF as a response to the low sperm counts. He did a trans vaginal ultrasound and said other than the polyp, my uterus and ovaries are in excellent condition, showing us my follicles and all.
They have all been very tender and sweet to us. I cried in the waiting room because after this many years...it's just sad. They will bring me tissue and water. They are very quick to communicate answers to any questions I have had about procedures and billing and time frames.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is a bit hard to locate as it is on the top story of an office facility in Gilbert, AZ. Other than that the inside is gorgeous and clean as new hospital! All details accounted for in the waiting rooms, including feminine products for after your procedure check ups in case you are on your cycle, comfortable seating, water, coffee, tea, soothing colors and music. The windows are very pleasant looking out at the mountain ranges. Lighting and decor are all coordinated well and are lovely.
He has been open about this and said he promotes multiple embryo transfer if his patients are comfortable with it and check out as able to carry twins. His reasons were clear, if a couple has been waiting years to conceive and can have two live births at once, how much more delightful is that result. Of course he said, there are more details that are discussed in terms of ensuring the uterus can handle two babies as well as the woman's overall health assumed to be well enough for that.
Gilbert
On our consultation Dr. Amols spent almost an hour with us taking about our previous experience. He had clearly spent time reviewing my file and thinking about the next steps for treatment. He also looks at every ultrasound if he isn't the one to do it personally. I have a lot of confidence that he cares about my treatment and wants us to succeed. I also trust that he will be honest in his advice and treatment and not give us false hope or expectations.
New Direction has IVF down so well that I never have any question what something is going to cost and (so far) no surprise expenses. ... They have a system for texting that I love! If I have a thought come up after business hours, I can shoot off a text and get a response the next day and I don't have to worry about remembering it for my next appointment. And you can reach anyone in the office -- the nurses, the front desk, billing. I really love it!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
There is a long waiting list for new patients, but don't despair! I was told when I called to expect a 6 month wait. I got on the list and actually only ended up waiting 2 or 3 months.
I love what they do at New Direction and that is provide their services to as many patients as they can. Sometimes you feel like a number. But I think the staff also does put in a lot of effort to make you feel like a human.
We used an antagonist protocol for our IVF. I'm not sure what the rationale was. I had 10 mature eggs as a result. My right ovary didn't respond as well as we had hoped, but it's possible that it was because I had recently had a large cyst removed from that ovary.
So far we have been very pleased with the nursing staff we've had. Some seem new to the team (or just really green and I wonder how long they've been working for Dr. Amols). And there are a few phlebotomists that I cringe when they have to draw my blood.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I had a cyst removal surgery with Dr. Amols that cost about $3,000 (including hospital and anesthesia). The medicine for IVF has been about $2,700. The IVF cost was $8,000. We had a few other expenses in connection with the IVF like additional labs and ICIS that we expect to cost about $700 or so. New Direction has IVF down so well that I never have any question what something is going to cost and (so far) no surprise expenses.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
We were told to expect the PGS test results on our embryo back within 7 days and I had to ask twice before I finally did get the results about 10 business days (14 days) later. But that may have been the labs fault and NOT the clinic's fault. But it was stressful.
Gilbert

Dr Amols has a personal connection to infertility and has built his own family using IVF. I feel like he has a balance between caution and taking aggressive approaches to ensure the desired result. He's got a funny personality and his own quirks that make him genuine and 100% his own person. ... I'm DOR, and he used a microdose lupron flare of 20 units morning and night, 150 menopur and 300 gonal F. Retrieval #1 we got 8 eggs, 7 mature, 5 blasts, 3 PGS normal
They [New Direction Fertility] seem a little disorganized and very dependant on Dr A for guidance. I had a few times when it was getting near closing time and I hadn't gotten a phone call with instructions. I have had to stay on top of them. They aren't always great at explaining things, and I had to push a little sometimes for action ...
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols has a personal connection to infertility and has built his own family using IVF. I feel like he has a balance between caution and taking aggressive approaches to ensure the desired result. He's got a funny personality and his own quirks that make him genuine and 100% his own person. If you listen to his podcast you'll hear what I mean.
call asap, he books up months in advance!
Dr A remembered me and previous conversations we'd had even if he didn't remember everything from my chart off the top of his head.
I'm DOR, and he used a microdose lupron flare of 20 units morning and night, 150 menopur and 300 gonal F. Retrieval #1 we got 8 eggs, 7 mature, 5 blasts, 3 PGS normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
I had to stay on top of my calendar and protocol. Sometimes they hadn't gotten back to me with actions by 4:30pm and I had to call the office or remind them that I needed to know my instructions for the medications that night. Other times, they would default to their typical routine meds instead of remembering if I had a variation in my protocol.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They seem a little disorganized and very dependant on Dr A for guidance. I had a few times when it was getting near closing time and I hadn't gotten a phone call with instructions. I have had to stay on top of them. They aren't always great at explaining things, and I had to push a little sometimes for action
He works hard to provide lower cost, high quality care. Prices are published on their website
We PGS tested, so he recommended that we only transfer 1 embryo
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
When I started omnitrope during STIMS I was waiting to hear when I should start the meds. In my instructions for the night, they failed to tell me to start the med or the dosage and I had to call the emergency number and have Dr. A confirm meds and walk me through dosages
Gilbert
Dr. Amols only does 2 frozen embryo transfer to give a better chance of pregnancy...He made an effort to know us and treated us well. Every visit I felt confident we made the right decision to choose him as our fertility specialist. He kept us updated and informed of what was going on and what will happen next...We left his office always feeling informed of what was going on and what will happen next. He explained things so well. He made our office visit feel great, it didn't feel like, " oh another visit". His attitude always help us feel at ease.
The front desk to the nurses in the back were all awesome and very organized [at New Direction Fertility Centers]. You were never left alone once you're done with any procedures to blood work to consultations. They are so staffed that you will never have a problem finding anyone for help...I only had to pay $5800 for IVF...I have yet to find any weaknesses. Everything went so well with our visit to the office everytime. You have nurses who has a role. For example, there is a nurse by Dr Amols side to help record your ultrasound and follicle measurements or anything else needed recording & if you need consultation you will go into a room with another nurse who will answer your questions or help you understand your injections or other concerns, then you have your nurses who will do your blood works, you have another group of nurse who prepares you for retrieval and takes care of you after retrieval. I felt very taken care of.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Relax, ask questions. He is always welcoming questions.
Prepping for retrieval, my Gonal shot was the only thing Dr Amols increased. It all worked out just the way he said would happen in each visit.
The front desk to the nurses in the back were all awesome and very organized. You were never left alone once you're done with any procedures to blood work to consultations. They are so staffed that you will never have a problem finding anyone for help.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I only had to pay $5800 for IVF.
Gilbert
He [Dr. Mark Amols] educated me on the trade-offs, but does not push SET when the mother would be capable of carrying twins safely. The decision to transfer one or two embryos is left up to the patient...He understood immediately the sort of financial challenges I was facing becoming a single parent, and took that into account when recommending a course of treatment. He set realistic goals and explained everything to me. He even insisted on going over all my fertility options at this point (beyond what I'd chosen), just to make sure I was fully educated about my options. His rates made it possible for me to undergo treatment.
I paid $8500 for one IVF cycle with PGS testing, and $3115 for fertility medications: ~$5000 for the IVF cycle itself, plus one transfer and one year storage (embryo storage $500/yr afterward) [at New Direction Fertility Centers]...Strengths: Compassionate providers, speed of getting ahold of someone in the office, no coercion to choose single embryo transfer, convenient location, and affordable prices. Weaknesses: Getting ahold of the *right* person via Klara is sometimes tricky, FET coordinator leaves things unclear, outside of Dr. Amols himself, most of the staff seems to assume you're an expert at IVF.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I greatly like Dr. Mark Amols. He understood immediately the sort of financial challenges I was facing becoming a single parent, and took that into account when recommending a course of treatment. He set realistic goals and explained everything to me. He even insisted on going over all my fertility options at this point (beyond what I'd chosen), just to make sure I was fully educated about my options. His rates made it possible for me to undergo treatment.
Once you get in to see him, be ready to hit the ground running. He's ready to start ordering tests and start treatment immediately.
He really cares about his patients, and wants them to succeed in becoming parents. He and his wife went through infertility themselves, as did some of the nurses, so the people working there really get it. Everyone is very kind and accommodating.
I was put on an antagonist protocol (likely due to prior diagnosis of PCOS) and my results were good. I took: 75 IU of Menopur in the morning (constant throughout treatment) 225 IU of Gonal-F in the evening (constant throughout treatment) 25 mg Cetrotide in the morning (started day 6 of stims; this was early due to my follicles growing quicker than expected) 5,000 IU Pregnyl trigger shot I got 24 eggs at retrieval, 15 of which were mature. All 15 fertilized via ICSI, and 9 reached blastocyst stage (two at day 5, six on day 6, and one on day 7). I did PGS testing (PGT-A) and 6 of those nine were euploid, no mosaics.
All the nurses were very kind and helpful. There was some confusion regarding FET scheduling, but overall I'm happy with them.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I paid $8500 for one IVF cycle with PGS testing, and $3115 for fertility medications: ~$5000 for the IVF cycle itself, plus one transfer and one year storage (embryo storage $500/yr afterward). Some of this they were able to put through my insurance (ultrasounds, etc) so I paid a little less than the full $5000 out of pocket. $1200 embryo biopsy (up to 8 embryos, more billed individually, less and it carries over to next cycle) ~$2000 PGS testing at third-party lab (up to 8 embryos, more billed individually, less and it carries over to next cycle) $500 ICSI fertilization
He educated me on the trade-offs, but does not push SET when the mother would be capable of carrying twins safely. The decision to transfer one or two embryos is left up to the patient.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
My appointment to meet with the FET coordinator wasn't conveyed to the coordinator herself, and she was unable to see me that day. I was told she would message me on the app, but that was not conveyed to her as well. I still have unanswered questions. All other appointments have gone smoothly.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Amols is very personable, he gets to know you. Doesn’t seem in a hurry when you meet with him.... We were out of state patients so we did a phone consultation with Dr Amols. He was very knowledgeable and had looked at our previous records. He was honest with his judgment on the chances of IVF working. He stated how he can control the environment and things, but ultimately the outcome is up to God.
The nursing staff [New Direction] communicates through a messaging app called Klara (HIPPA approved). They got back to you quick if you had any questions. A nurse did mix up our phone consult day, so we spoke with a nurse and then Dr Amols called us after hours....It takes about 3 months to get a consult, and about another 3 months to start protocol. They are a freeze all clinic.... IVF=$4,800 (Includes Down Regulation, Monitoring, Retrieval, 1 Frozen Transfer, 6 months storage)
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
We were out of state patients so we did a phone consultation with Dr Amols. He was very knowledgeable and had looked at our previous records. He was honest with his judgment on the chances of IVF working. He stated how he can control the environment and things, but ultimately the outcome is up to God. Which I agreed and really liked how he said that. When we met him for treatments he was very nice and let us know what to expect. Joked with us (told me my left ovary was Arnold Schwarzenegger and my right one was Danny DeVito. We thought it was hilarious). He told us that his children were conceived with IVF also. Just a real down to earth guy.
He is booked out by about 3 months. But worth it.
Dr Amols is very personable, he gets to know you. Doesn’t seem in a hurry when you meet with him. Nurses are nice and friendly.
I was on Menopur (75IU) and Gonal-F (250IU—>225IU—>200IU—>150IU—>100IU) for 9 days. Started Cetrotide/Ganirelix and Omnitrope on day 6 of stims for 4 days. Started Doxycycline on day 9 for 6 days. Egg retrieval was on day 11 of protocol. 31 eggs retrieved, 20 mature eggs, 13 fertilized using ICSI. 4 embryos frozen on day 5, 3 more embryos frozen on day 6. (They are a freeze all clinic). We transferred one embryo the next month. I took Estradiol, Doxycycline, and Progesterone in Oil (PIO). Had PIO for 5 days before transfer. Beta numbers: 217 and 716.9. Now I am 20 weeks pregnant :).
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
The nursing staff communicates through a messaging app called Klara (HIPPA approved). They got back to you quick if you had any questions. A nurse did mix up our phone consult day, so we spoke with a nurse and then Dr Amols called us after hours. Which was really nice of him. We were assigned a nurse coordinator for our transfer, she called and gave us all the info we needed and we could always reach her through the app. The nurses were nice and friendly when we did meet them in person.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It takes about 3 months to get a consult, and about another 3 months to start protocol. They are a freeze all clinic. They communicate mostly through a messaging app, which works well most of the time. Great doctor and staff! I like that he is the only doctor in the clinic.
IVF=$4,800 (Includes Down Regulation, Monitoring, Retrieval, 1 Frozen Transfer, 6 months storage); Anesthesia=$300; ICSI=$500. Total: $5,600. Yearly Embryo Storage is $500, additional frozen transfers are $2,000.
We didn’t consult with Dr Amols on how many to transfer. We only wanted to transfer one. We knew the risks beforehand, so we didn’t ask about it.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
A nurse mixed up the day of our consult. So we spoke with a nurse instead of the doctor, but Dr Amols called us after hours for the consult. We didn’t get our second Beta test results until 2 days later. It was around Christmas time so we didn’t know if they were open or not. I messaged them (Christmas Eve) and they called that day to let us know.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Amols is a genuine human being and an incredible doctor. He took the time to explain what we would try and if that didn't work what we would try next. He gave us hope again....Dr. Amols advised us ahead of time we would be more aggressive with medication for the IUI because of my tubal blockage. He was very honest with us and let us know our chances were not as high as they would be if both by tubes were open.
One of the main reasons we also chose Dr Amols was because of the prices they offer. Most other clinics charge double what Dr Amols does....The clinic [New Direction] is in a lovely location and they are open all week. They also do everything there so that makes it very convenient and less stressful. They use an app called Klara that allows you to communicate through text message with any of the staff, it's amazing! Someone always responds in a timely manner and if they don't have the answer, they always make sure to let you know
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is a genuine human being and an incredible doctor. He took the time to explain what we would try and if that didn't work what we would try next. He gave us hope again. We are so grateful my cousin told us about Dr. Amols. I always prayed I didn't have to do IVF because I was scared but Dr. Amols helped us overcome that fear. Dr. Amols also dealt with infertility and I believe this makes him more compassionate towards his patients, you can feel that he truly wants to help you. He always has a smile on his face and speaks to you with sincerity. He was definitely worth the wait.
Don't let the waiting list discourage you. Dr. Amols is very busy but he somehow remembers you and will make sure you know that. Sounds cliche' but that's all.
Prior to meeting with Dr. Amols, we read many reviews about him and were very excited but also a bit skeptical. He sounded too good to be true. We filled out a form online and were asked what we expected of our appointment. We said we wanted options. When Dr Amols sat down with us, we automatically felt at peace with him. He already had something written out from the info I entered online the previous night, which told us he took the time to review our forms. That said a lot to us.
Dr. Amols advised us ahead of time we would be more aggressive with medication for the IUI because of my tubal blockage. He was very honest with us and let us know our chances were not as high as they would be if both by tubes were open. We did additional shots to try and grow more follicles but unfortunately neither IUI was successful. However, even thought we were heart broken, we knew this was something we had to prepare for due to our circumstances.
Everyone at New Direction is very kind and helpful. The nurses along with the assistants are always smiling and positive. I believe Dr. Amols chooses his staff very carefully and makes sure he has a team that is empathetic and genuine.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is in a lovely location and they are open all week. They also do everything there so that makes it very convenient and less stressful. They use an app called Klara that allows you to communicate through text message with any of the staff, it's amazing! Someone always responds in a timely manner and if they don't have the answer, they always make sure to let you know they will forward the information to the correct person. Appointments are usually always prompt but when there has been a delay, they always let us know and it's not very long. I would say the only weakness is that they have a long waiting list so you have to be prepared to wait if you are a new patient.
One of the main reasons we also chose Dr Amols was because of the prices they offer. Most other clinics charge double what Dr Amols does. This meant a lot to us being that my health insurance does not cover any infertility treatments. I work for a public middle school and my husband is a full time student and only works part time. An IUI costs about $750 as opposed to other clinics where it costs more. IVF costs $5k plus medication which still is way less than other clinics. We were discouraged before coming to New Direction because of the costs at other clinics. It was about $20k total, with Dr. Amols it would be about $8-10k.
Success w/ Doc 14 Eggs Frozen
I could contact Dr. Amols after hours with pressing questions. While in the exam rooms we always chit chatted while he also gave me sound medical advice as well. ... Using a birth control pill for over a month, we regulated my period. Then I began medications about 1.5 weeks before the procedure of hormone injections and a daily pill. Once the meds were up and running I returned very frequently for ultrasounds and blood work to track my progress.
I spoke with various people but Maggie was my “point person” because she specializes in out-of-state patients. Various staff members would answer questions within the Klara app. ... It’s [New Direction Fertility Centers] open 7 days a week and feels very modern. The clinic is on par with the other clinics I visited during my consultation stage. Unfortunately, it’s a bit of a drive to the clinic’s pharmacy, so even if you live very close to the clinic, you may spend more time in the car than you expect. However, you don’t need to go to the pharmacy that often.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He seems fiercely dedicated to keeping costs low and is very open about how fertility treatment impacted his own family. This makes you feel that you can trust him. He makes treatment adjustments as needed to maximize your success.
Maybe have nurses be super clear in Klara Messager app when doses or appointment dates are changing. Like, they can say “I know we told you one thing initially, but we are making a change to this now.” Because sometimes things would change and I would worry that maybe there had been a typo from the original instructions.
He was busy, but he had a good team of nurses who responded quickly on his Klara messaging app and if needed, I could contact Dr. Amols after hours with pressing questions. While in the exam rooms we always chit chatted while he also gave me sound medical advice as well.
Using a birth control pill for over a month, we regulated my period. Then I began medications about 1.5 weeks before the procedure of hormone injections and a daily pill. Once the meds were up and running I returned very frequently for ultrasounds and blood work to track my progress. Eventually, we selected my retrieval date, and I then I did a trigger shot 36 hours before the retrieval. I was under sedition very briefly during the retrieval and then took antibiotics afterwards to prevent infection.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It’s a beautiful large clinic easily accessible for people who live in the Southeast Valley. It’s open 7 days a week and feels very modern. The clinic is on par with the other clinics I visited during my consultation stage. Unfortunately, it’s a bit of a drive to the clinic’s pharmacy, so even if you live very close to the clinic, you may spend more time in the car than you expect. However, you don’t need to go to the pharmacy that often.
Egg freezing was $1,000. Anesthesia was $300. First year storage was $300. Preliminary blood tests we about $100. Drugs were about $5000 and unfortunately we missed the mark for the exact amount of drugs. I responded well so I overspent by about $650. All in, I probably spent $6,500, but it should have been closer to $6,000. I was able to donate my excess drugs to someone who could benefit from them.

Treated 2018 - 2019
When we requested it (and paid for extra appointments) we got extra direct contact and guidance from doctor Amols. He has incredible bedside manner and his staff are all very nice... is very kind and explains things very clearly. He drew out diagrams for me and wrote down everything he was saying so I could take it home. I do wish that he would be easier to reach directly but I understand he is very busy. I have had no issues with him personally.
The nurses who drew blood [at New Direction Fertility Centers] always had lots of difficulty find my veins. One visit I was poked three times. I had one other issue with a nurse who bluntly told me right before my IUI that it would not succeed because it was my first. All other nurses/staff were kind, competent, and I had positive experiences with...I requested my IUI be completed by Dr. Amols and I was scheduled with his nurse practitioner although the nurse stated it was with him when given the appointment.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is very kind and explains things very clearly. He drew out diagrams for me and wrote down everything he was saying so I could take it home. I do wish that he would be easier to reach directly but I understand he is very busy. I have had no issues with him personally.
Make sure you come with a list of questions to ask and are thorough in asking for what you need so that you do not have more questions like me and have to schedule a 2nd consultation.
When we requested it (and paid for extra appointments) we got extra direct contact and guidance from doctor Amols. He has incredible bedside manner and his staff are all very nice. Always feel a little bit like a number with the document they have in hand at the front desk but overall satisfied with how I’ve been treated by everyone there.
During the medicated cycles without any treatments I was given Femara and asked to come in for ultrasounds and then instructed when to have sex. We did not get pregnant with either cycle. During the IUI cycle, I was given Femara days 3 through 10, came in for ultrasounds, and instructed to inject Gonal F (75) every other day until the ultrasounds showed one large follicle on each ovary. We got a negative pregnancy test after the two week wait.
The nurses who drew blood always had lots of difficulty find my veins. One visit I was poked three times. I had one other issue with a nurse who bluntly told me right before my IUI that it would not succeed because it was my first. All other nurses/staff were kind, competent, and I had positive experiences with.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
A nice perk is the refreshments offered in the lobby, I always grabbed a water to calm my nerves. It is a large clinic, beautiful office, and easy to navigate. Communication by a website app was difficult to adjust to at first but I found it to be convenient.
$750 cash pay for IUI. $200 initial appointment. $100 for follow up with Amols. Medication costs at an outside pharmacy we’re ~$300.
I did not have an embryo transfer.
Gilbert

This is perhaps the best doctor encounter I have had in my entire life and I don't say that lightly. It felt like I was talking to a friend [with Dr. Mark Amols]...He was so nice. He cared not only about my treatment but how it fit in within my larger life. It felt like he cared about who were were as people and not just as patients. I also felt comfortable working with him as a queer patient...He was very open to hearing what I wanted
The financial information is given to you upfront on the website. [at New Direction Fertility Center]...The clinic is very affordable compared to the places that are the closest to me. As an out of state patient there are a few more things that go into planning your treatment. Folks were nice. They also take folks on in cohorts because there is only one doctor. So this means for some folks who wanted to get started right away that isn't possible.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He's great, really, there's no need to worry
This is perhaps the best doctor encounter I have had in my entire life and I don't say that lightly. It felt like I was talking to a friend.
We had not gotten that far. With this clinic you don't get that until right before you are about to start. That was a bit frustrating as I wanted to be able to compare to the other clinics I had consultations with.
My biggest issue is with how you communicate with the nursing staff which is through this app. The hard thing is that at any moment you could be talking to someone new. I felt like I was constantly explaining myself over and over. Since my situation was not as straightforward I found this to be very frustrating. Some nurses were more helpful than others but I don't know if this is their fault or more so just a result of the platform.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The financial information is given to you upfront on the website
He was very open to hearing what I wanted
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Due to what I explained earlier regarding communicating through the app there is often miscommunication and I would get conflicting information.
Gilbert
When talking to Dr Amols he always went in knowing exactly who i was even though i was an out of state patient. He did all my monitoring appointments and will email me back even if it’s late if it’s an important matter.... [Eset Approach] I asked if I can transfer 2 embryos and he said he is ok with me transferring 2... I started BCP on cycle day and took it for 2 weeks. Dr. A had me on Menopur, Follistim, and Cetrotide before egg retrieval.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is very clean and quick when appointments are set. Everyone is very friendly. Klara is great but sometimes it’s hard to get in touch with the one person you need to. However they are quick to respond using the Klara app. If there is an important matter and it’s after hours Dr. A will respond to you.... I had a monitoring appointment in NM preparing for transfer and they did not call with results until I asked about them recieving them 3 days later.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I was an out of state patient so I did my beginning stages where I live. When I went to New Direction for the first time I felt like I already knew Dr. A. He was very welcoming and asked how travel was and made sure everything was ok. He is very personable and makes you feel comfortable when in his care. He did every monitoring appointment while I was in his care in AZ. And was quick to communicate with any questions or medication changes needed.
the Clinic is very quick to respond, before responding they make sure they speak with the doctor. When talking to Dr Amols he always went in knowing exactly who i was even though i was an out of state patient. He did all my monitoring appointments and will email me back even if it’s late if it’s an important matter.
I started BCP on cycle day and took it for 2 weeks. Dr. A had me on Menopur, Follistim, and Cetrotide before egg retrieval. He also had me start doxycycline before retrieval. We retrieved 34 eggs, 25 were mature and 20 fertilized. Day 5 and 6 report brought 9 blasts that we sent for PGS testing and came out with 6 normal embryos.
She was very quick to respond. Sometimes it’s frustrating because the communication gets lost on the Klara app since so many different people respond to your questions.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very clean and quick when appointments are set. Everyone is very friendly. Klara is great but sometimes it’s hard to get in touch with the one person you need to. However they are quick to respond using the Klara app. If there is an important matter and it’s after hours Dr. A will respond to you.
For my IVF cycle with PGS testing I paid 8,000.
I asked if I can transfer 2 embryos and he said he is ok with me transferring 2
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I had a monitoring appointment in NM preparing for transfer and they did not call with results until I asked about them recieving them 3 days later. They then informed me that there was fluid and the doctor would have to review it and get back to me. Which should have been addressed as soon as they had received and reviewed it being it was close to transfer and could cause delays or cancellations.
Success w/ Doc 28 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Amols and the nurses took the time to answer my questions quickly and were always very prompt in getting back to me with test results and medication protocols...He sees a lot of patients, so you have to make the most of the time you have with him during appointments...Dr. Amols was present at every monitoring appointment I had which made me feel confident that he was making sure I received the best treatment and protocol possible. He did answer all my questions, but there were times I wish I had a little more time for questions. He was always very upfront and realistic about what I could expect and made it clear he would push me to get the most eggs possible so that I had the best chance of having success when it comes time to use the eggs. He has great bedside manner and it's clear that he cares about his patients. He was able to retrieve 28 mature eggs (31 total but 3 were immature) and I was extremely happy with the outcome of treatment. I would definitely recommend him.
They see a lot of patients [at New Direction] but they are so on top of things. At most, I only had to wait 10 minutes after a scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. The clinic was clean, felt up to date tech-wise, and made me feel comfortable with my decision to seek treatment there... The only difficulty (if you can call it that) I had was how quickly the nurse who assisted me after my egg retrieval tried to get me up and out of the recovery room. I woke up super nauseous and in pain and they needed me to get rolling because they needed the room for another patient. I guess they typically get people up and out within 15 minutes, I think it may have taken me about 30. I did feel a little rushed to recover which wasn't super fun given how crappy I was feeling, but that was the only thing that was a little rough about my experience with the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Make sure you have your questions written down so you are prepared to ask them as soon as he walks in the room. He sees a lot of patients, so you have to make the most of the time you have with him during appointments.
Dr. Amols and the nurses took the time to answer my questions quickly and were always very prompt in getting back to me with test results and medication protocols. They do see quite a few patients and sometimes things felt a little rushed during my time at the clinic, but Dr. Amols made sure to push me to get the most eggs possible and I appreciated this strategy very much.
I was on one month of birth control prior to starting injections. I had my baseline ultrasound a couple days after ending birth control, then started microdose lupron injections (20 units AM and PM) the next day, continuing those until the night of my trigger shot. After 2 days of microdose lupron injections only, I started taking 75 units of Menopur in the morning and 300 units of Gonal-F in the evenings. I stimmed for 9 days on that protocol, then on the 10th day we continued microdose lupron AM and PM and 75 units of Menopur in the AM followed by 100 units of Gonal F PM because my follicles were borderline ready to go. The 11th day microdose lupron injections both AM and PM and trigger shot PM with retrieval 36 hours later.
The nurses were wonderful! They were quick to answer my questions and very helpful. The only difficulty (if you can call it that) I had was how quickly the nurse who assisted me after my egg retrieval tried to get me up and out of the recovery room. I woke up super nauseous and in pain and they needed me to get rolling because they needed the room for another patient. I guess they typically get people up and out within 15 minutes, I think it may have taken me about 30. I did feel a little rushed to recover which wasn't super fun given how crappy I was feeling, but that was the only thing that was a little rough about my experience with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They see a lot of patients but they are so on top of things. At most, I only had to wait 10 minutes after a scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. The clinic was clean, felt up to date tech-wise, and made me feel comfortable with my decision to seek treatment there.
So unbelievably affordable which made it possible for me to go through this process. $1000 for clinic fees, $300 for anesthesia, $300 per year for storage for up to 20 eggs ($100 for every 10 after).
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Amols took his time with me. I was always able to schedule at convenient times. He is a compassionate, understanding doctor. And his fees are more reasonable compared to nearby clinics....You get to see Dr. Amols at every scan and procedure...He always remembered me, my questions, answered everything thoroughly, and catered my protocol to what would work best for me....I did embryo banking due to low ovarian reserve. I did a frozen embryo transfer after the egg retrievals....
This is a busy clinic [New Direction], but I never felt ignored or rushed....The location is right off the freeway and is easily accessible. Most communication is done electronically, which is easy and convenient....$4800 base price for one IVF cycle and one FET $500 for anesthesia billed separately $300 for ICSI if needed, billed separately $200 HSG...The nurse staff made some errors. I recommend all patients, no matter where they go, to pay attention, write things down, and double check.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
This is a busy clinic, but I never felt ignored or rushed. Dr. Amols took his time with me. I was always able to schedule at convenient times. He is a compassionate, understanding doctor. And his fees are more reasonable compared to nearby clinics. I wold recommend him to anyone. You get to see Dr. Amols at every scan and procedure, so write down questions to ask if you have any because you'll get to see him every appointment.
Be your own advocate, ask questions, and double check things.
I did embryo banking due to low ovarian reserve. I did a frozen embryo transfer after the egg retrievals. I requested ICSI due to low number of eggs retrieved. I did PGS testing to make sure I transferred a normal embryo. I did an ERA because I wanted to make sure we transferred on the right day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Juanita)
This is a busy clinic, but I never felt ignored or rushed. The nurse staff made some errors. I recommend all patients, no matter where they go, to pay attention, write things down, and double check. Double check with the staff and never be afraid to ask questions or to call to double check something.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Again, this is a busy clinic. Call frequently to check availability for a consult if you're scheduling for the first time. Never be afraid to ask questions, especially during your appointments. The location is right off the freeway and is easily accessible. Most communication is done electronically, which is easy and convenient.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Amols is the most compassionate and comprehensive doctor you could ever have. He treats patients on an individual basis and adjusts their course of treatment as new obstacles or changes arise; rather than giving a one treatment fits all protocol. His bedside manner far exceeds any other provider I have every met and his compassion, and understanding of your journey truly makes you feel cared for.
The only weakness [for New Directions] is that they now have a 9 month waiting list to get in for new patients... The clinic is the most cost efficient in the area. The costs are posted on the website and they pride themselves in transparency an no hidden costs! Financial counseling is required prior to IVF treatments.... Sometimes the nurses were rushed but you see Amols on every visit so he always made up for it
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Expect to hit the pavement running because he won't stop until you have your family.
Dr. Amols always takes the time to meet with you and explain various procedures and options. He does this with such compassion and grace, that I cannot imagine going through all that we have with out him. Following a devastating 2nd trimester loss and walking into his office again he intercepted my husband and I as the RN was taking us to a consult room and sat us in his office to offer his condolences and ensure we were okay emotionally. His humanity never ceases to amaze me and he truly cares about each and every one of his patients' well-being!
1st IUI: closed; switched to femara when I didn't respond like he had hoped. Negative pregnancy. 2nd IUI: femara + gonal F+ trigger resulted in chemical pregnancy 3rd IUI: femara + gonal F ( increased dose) and trigger- resulted in pregnancy ( 2nd trimester loss due to congenital defect) 1st IVF: menopur 75; gonal 300, cetrotide; pregynl trigger- stimmed 11 days ( extra day to allow more eggs to mature)
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very organized; compassionate; and cost effective. From my own experience, observations, and research they produce the best results and offer the best care. The only weakness is that they now have a 9 month waiting list to get in for new patients
Amols only does FET- he is not opposed to doing 2 embryo transfer
Gilbert
With Dr Amols office [New Direction Fertility Centers] has the best pricing for all services I have come across this far there IUI package which includes ultrasounds blood work actual procedure is 750 you are financially responsible for meds which generally run me 400.00 a cycle Dr Amols had s discount with the specialty pharmacy which helps tremendously which cost!!!! What sold us was we were almost a100% sure we were going to have to do IVF and Dr Amols makes it an actual possibility!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
My husband and I absolutely adore Dr Amols we waited on his waiting list for almost a year not knowing what to expect but just had a feeling he would be the perfect fit for us!!! At our first appointment I knew we would have success! He is very educated and know exactly what he is doing!! Another huge thing that stood out to us was his compassion and his willingness to do whatever he could to help you achieve parenthood! He is very realistic in your options but never harsh to leave you feeling discouraged!! We are still undergoing treatment with him and have not had a bad experience yet! I love the fact hat he is very hands on and even though he sees so many new faces he still remembers you and your story without any prompting!
I would tell them to trust Dr Almos follow his lead he isn’t going to steer you in the wrong direction!
New Direction is an awesome clinic we came from a clinic where we were just a number to actually having a Dr and facility that wanted to help us achieve our goal of being parents!!! They are great with communication and are truly there to help you!
I’m not sure about treatment strategies but with our IUI s we have don’t femera from CD3-7 and Dr almos added Gonal F 75units on CD4,6,8 adjusting any additional injections with how well I was responding via ultrasound.
In all honesty you don’t deal with them all to often Dr Amols is very hands on but in the few dealings I have had with them they have been great!! Great communication, they are well trained and treat you so well when you are with them
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
New Direction fertility clinic is a great place in my opinion!!! It is very up to date with technology which I find amazing! The environment is very modern but not cold It is very inviting and clean!! There really isn’t any weakness that I can see as of now we really enjoy it when we have to go for appointments
With Dr Amols office has the best pricing for all services I have come across this far there IUI package which includes ultrasounds blood work actual procedure is 750 you are financially responsible for meds which generally run me 400.00 a cycle Dr Amols had s discount with the specialty pharmacy which helps tremendously which cost!!!! What sold us was we were almost a100% sure we were going to have to do IVF and Dr Amols makes it an actual possibility!
Gilbert
We are doing an antagonist cycle [with Dr. Amols], as we are extremely severe MFI with no known female factor. We are also doing weekly sperm samples and cryotherapy to attempt to get more sperm to freeze due to how low our numbers are (< 10 sperm total). We are also doing HCG injections 3x/weekly to help increase sperm production and create hormonal balance...only does Frozen Embryo Transfers, and will transfer up to two embryos at a time.
While communication could be improved, they [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] are always great about responding to messages in a timely manner. They utilize a texting system called Klara which makes communication 100 times easier, especially after hours. Maggie is always compassionate and warm, and even though she sees many patients, she always remembers me personally at every visit.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols goes above and beyond for his patients, working 7 days a week when necessary to not disrupt your prime IVF cycle. He is candid yet compassionate, and will reach out to you directly for questions and answers. His clinic is extremely busy, yet you still feel as though you are the only patient. He is present at every ultrasound, and we know 100% he will be there for our upcoming egg retrieval.
Call now for a consultation appointment because his schedule fills up very fast.
Dr. Amols is incredibly compassionate, and makes you feel like a friend or relative during visits with him. He jokes when it is appropriate, and is serious when it necessitates. He is committed to getting you pregnant against all odds.
We are doing an antagonist cycle, as we are extremely severe MFI with no known female factor. We are also doing weekly sperm samples and cryotherapy to attempt to get more sperm to freeze due to how low our numbers are (< 10 sperm total). We are also doing HCG injections 3x/weekly to help increase sperm production and create hormonal balance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie Francoeur )
While communication could be improved, they are always great about responding to messages in a timely manner. They utilize a texting system called Klara which makes communication 100 times easier, especially after hours. Maggie is always compassionate and warm, and even though she sees many patients, she always remembers me personally at every visit.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is beautiful, and the lab is state of the art. My OB recommended our initial sperm analysis be done here instead of an outside lab because of how technologically advanced it is. And boy are we glad we did because only 3 sperm were found. If we had done our analysis anywhere else, such as Sonora Quest, I completely believe nothing would have been found.
I have not been to any other RE, but I've been told his prices are the best in the state.
Dr. Amols only does Frozen Embryo Transfers, and will transfer up to two embryos at a time.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
There seems to be an influx of new receptionists or medical assistants, which can lead to some miscommunication. However, the issues are always quickly cleared up by the IVF coordinators or Dr. Amols, himself. I have heard about issues with his billing department, but have not yet experienced any of these myself.
Gilbert
Dr.A [Mark Amols] is honest and upfront but at the same time very warm. I appreciated that he didn’t hold information back when I asked and he took my treatment one step at a time, because anything can change at any time! He squeezed me into his schedule for a surgery that was necessary before we started our IVF cycle and for that, I’m truly grateful. Talking to Dr.A feels like you’re talking to a person and you feel as though you’re being heard.
Communication at the clinic [New Direction] is done via an app. I was inquiring about steps prior to our IVF cycle and was given conflicting information about two tests that were necessary prior to the cycle start date. It was cleared up in time to not mess anything up. Basically I was told that my lap covered the SHG prior to the cycle start and it did not. I still needed the SHG. We were also told semen analysis results from 11/2017 would suffice for our 7/2018 cycle, but then determined we required another semen analysis. It all worked out because I followed up about every step that we were to take prior to the cycle start.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr.A is honest and upfront but at the same time very warm. I appreciated that he didn’t hold information back when I asked and he took my treatment one step at a time, because anything can change at any time! He squeezed me into his schedule for a surgery that was necessary before we started our IVF cycle and for that, I’m truly grateful. Talking to Dr.A feels like you’re talking to a person and you feel as though you’re being heard.
Be thorough! Ask all the questions you want and don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself.
Dr.A always remembered me and where I was in my treatment. Out of all his patients - he has a FULL clinic - he would remember when my next appointment was, without looking at a chart.
First step was lap surgery for endometriosis. Once that was healed, I had an SHG that found a polyp in my uterus. I started lupron and stims for about 11-12 days, followed by retrieval. We did PGS testing on our embryos. I then had a hysteroscopy to remove the polyp and we are now in the middle of an ERA cycle. Because we only have 3 PGS normal embryos, it was suggested if we wanted more than one child, to do the ERA. We are now waiting for the results and are scheduled for an 11/15 transfer!!! Finally!!!
The nursing staff is very sweet. If I asked for something, I would usually follow up about it because it didn’t always get done if I just asked once. I learned that early in the process at the clinic and I haven’t had any major problems!
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is gorgeous. Dr.A just hired a nurse practitioner who should help him out a lot! Hopefully freeing him up a bit more. As I mentioned prior, communication can be frustrating at this clinic, but you need to advocate for yourself and be on top of it. The communication is improving. I feel lucky to be a patient at this clinic!
Roughly 8K for our IVF cycle, that included PGS testing.
They sugggested I only transfer 1, but because I only had 3 total and we want more than one child. We listened to their suggestion.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
communication at the clinic is done via an app. I was inquiring about steps prior to our IVF cycle and was given conflicting information about two tests that were necessary prior to the cycle start date. It was cleared up in time to not mess anything up. Basically I was told that my lap covered the SHG prior to the cycle start and it did not. I still needed the SHG. We were also told semen analysis results from 11/2017 would suffice for our 7/2018 cycle, but then determined we required another semen analysis. It all worked out because I followed up about every step that we were to take prior to the cycle start.

Treated 2014 - 2018
Dr Amols had to go through IVf himself to have his family. He understands what his patients are going through. His mission is to help create families at an affordable cost and doesn’t price gauge. His cost is considerably lower than any clinics in the US. He is compassionate, sincere, kind, and truly wants his patients to have a positive outcome. He is a blessing!!
[New Direction is] Very affordable. $4800 for an Ivf cycle. When I went through multiple cycles he even discounted things more for me at times. It’s not about the money for him. He truly wanted me to go home with a baby and tried making things easier on me when he could. Going through multiple rounds and meds was taxing on my husband and I and he took that into consideration. He even brought meds to my husband and I at our home when he wanted me to start an Ivf cycle last minute because he thought I had a lot of eggs.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Be patient while getting in to see him. His practice has grown and the wait time is longer now. But he is well worth the wait in every way imaginable.
He is sincere, and spent adequate time with me. Anytime I had a problem or thought I was losing the baby he got me in, no questions asked. Knowing my history, he never doubted me.
It’s hard to remember every single procol. It was an emotional time for me. I was a robot going through the motions. The last retrieval I had, he adjusted the protocol even more and we ended up with 21 eggs retrieved. Before it was just 11 or so. It resulted on 6 embryos, 3 which were genetically normal. He tweaked the protocol until we had a great result.
They all become like family. Rooting you on, they are in your corner. Sad when you are sad, and happy when things go well. They answer questions thoroughly and get back to you in a timely manner. I never felt alone with them.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are getting busy and Dr Amols just hired a nurse practitioner to help him with visits. He had been doing everything by himself up to this point and I know he was running ragged. He has a strict vision and wants who ever that comes on this his practice to share in it and not want to change it. I am happy that he finally found someone to help him out because he needed it! But I also trust his choice because he wouldn’t just hire anyone to help him. So I would say, don’t be discouraged if your wait is long to get a consult or you have to see the nurse practitioner on subsequent visits during treatment. You will be in wonderful hands.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Well oiled efficient machine. I never waited long to be called back. My visits were always with dr Amols and he was also very pleasant. My husband and Dr Amols’s got to know each other very well during this time.
Very affordable. $4800 for an Ivf cycle. When I went through multiple cycles he even discounted things more for me at times. It’s not about the money for him. He truly wanted me to go home with a baby and tried making things easier on me when he could. Going through multiple rounds and meds was taxing on my husband and I and he took that into consideration. He even brought meds to my husband and I at our home when he wanted me to start an Ivf cycle last minute because he thought I had a lot of eggs. He is amazing.
He will not transfer more than two embryos at a time. I’m very rare select cases he said he would do three but that it was very uncommon for him. I believe in his methods. We transferred 2 each time to myself and got pregnant with 1 baby each time, except my last pregnant. That was twins but we lost them too. We moved on to surrogacy and he recommended just one for her, and we agreed and requested him. Our surrogate is healthy and had precious pregnancies so there was no need for two. We didn’t want to complicate matters. And our surrogate iscurrently 30 weeks pregnant with our baby boy. Such a miracle after RPL.
Treated 2017 - 2018
he [Dr. Mark Amols is] the only doc at his clinic and I believe he wants to provide exceptional care so he only takes on so many patients per cycle...I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November...He thought I was going to be an over responder so initially my doses were on the lower side. I was on gonal-f, menupor, and then cetrotide. I ended up having to buy more meds towards the end of the cycle because I wasn't responding as we'd hoped.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] was easy to find and very welcoming...Everything is updated and clean...They have a retrevial coordinator and transfer coordinator who were both very helpful, but I did see several other nurses during blood draws and other appointments. For the most part all the staff is very friendly and competent.... I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was very compassionate. He was honest with us from the first phone consult (we live out of state). He suggested we try a urologist before seeing him because he felt like that had a chance of fixing things. Ultimately, I was tired of waiting and tired of intervention and I had made my mind up to move forward with IVF at that point, but I liked that he was honest and wasn't just trying to make money. Every in person visit was comfortable and he always made me feel at ease. He explained the good and the bad and I always felt informed.
If you want him to be your doctor then sign up for a cycle now. I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November. This actually worked perfectly for us, but he's the only doc at his clinic and I believe he wants to provide exceptional care so he only takes on so many patients per cycle.
The staff was always quick to respond to any of my questions via text. I had Dr. Amols cell number and even though I only messaged him once, it was a comfort knowing he was available if I needed him. I also felt like Dr. Amols paid attention to my specific case and was very honest, but also kind with explaining my progress even when it wasn't what he had initially expected.
He thought I was going to be an over responder so initially my doses were on the lower side. I was on gonal-f, menupor, and then cetrotide. I ended up having to buy more meds towards the end of the cycle because I wasn't responding as we'd hoped. Thankfully, the pharmacy they use is in Scottsdale and I was able to get the extra meds the next day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic was easy to find and very welcoming. I didn't love that I couldn't make a payment over the phone without being charged an extra fee for doing so, but I just ended up paying when I got to the clinic in person. Everything is updated and clean.
I paid the clinic a bit over 7000 for the cycle, including one transfer. Medication was probably close to 3000 maybe a little more, but I received some donated medication. I had to have monitoring appointments in my state which was close to another 3000. Finally, we paid 2000 to have our 5 embryos tested. If you are in state I believe the monitoring appointments leading up to the ivf cycle are included in the 7000, but it doesn't include preliminary testing such as HSG, saline sono etc. However, I had a saline sonohysterogram done with Dr. Amols for 300 because my state clinic wanted to charge me 1050..so it was cheaper to fly to az for the day.
I think they prefer a single embryo transfer unless there are very few eggs or other issues that might warrant transferring more. It was our choice if we wanted to transfer one or two and we elected one.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I remember having one nurse tell me something on the texting app that conflicted with information I had been given. I questioned it and got a clear answer.
Gilbert
He [Dr. Mark Amols] was very kind and I felt like he did a good job of explaining things in detail at our consultation. But the communication I feel like is slightly lacking. I thought we would get to choose if we were using meds for our IUI or not and I told the nurses we wanted to start with no meds, but at my baseline scan for my IUI I was given a med schedule and very confused. I trusted him and rolled with it, but still dont understand why we had to go straight to a medicated IUI.
They [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] always call me back to my appts on time. They are also very affordable. The only con is the clinic told me my insurance did not cover treatment and I assumed that included meds too. So I paid out of pocket for meds at first, then had to call back to get my money back. When I am spending this much money I wish they had been more clear to save me time. I am glad that I was on top of things.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I like his bedside manner. He seems like a genuinely good person that wants to help us. It was reassuring to hear that he has kids from fertility treatments too, so he understands. I cannot believe how much time he spends working and that I see him at almost every visit. He is a very hard worker.
Make sure you are ready to ask questions at your first consultation. I didn't and even though I could message the nurses later, it would have been nice to ask him directly. Also, get on the wait list soon than later. I had a 6 month wait originally.
He was very kind and I felt like he did a good job of explaining things in detail at our consultation. But the communication I feel like is slightly lacking. I thought we would get to choose if we were using meds for our IUI or not and I told the nurses we wanted to start with no meds, but at my baseline scan for my IUI I was given a med schedule and very confused. I trusted him and rolled with it, but still dont understand why we had to go straight to a medicated IUI.
He had me on letrozole for 5 days (cd 3-7), gonal f cd 5/7/9, rescan on day 9, triggered that night then back 36 hrs later for IUI. I understood what the drugs did, but wasnt sure why he recommended that exact protocol for us. I think I was just so happy to finally get started I didnt care.
There are quite a few. I have only seen a couple of them more than once so far. Everyone is nice, but one gave me wierd vibes like she didnt know what she was doing. Dr A told me he wanted to draw blood after my cd 9 scan to make sure I wasnt ovulating on my own too early. I asked the nurse before I left if I still needed that and she said no so I left. Then was called 15 min later to come back and get my blood drawn. Other than that I feel like they explain things well as far as next steps etc.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Its very clean, modern and has a calming atmosphere. I like that you can see the embryo lab. They always call me back to my appts on time. They are also very affordable. The only con is the clinic told me my insurance did not cover treatment and I assumed that included meds too. So I paid out of pocket for meds at first, then had to call back to get my money back. When I am spending this much money I wish they had been more clear to save me time. I am glad that I was on top of things.
My first consult was $300 out of pocket. IUI was $750 for all scan, bloods and the procedure itself. My meds were $200 but were partially covered by insurance. My insurance also covered testing to diagnose infertility.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
My husband had a repeat SA and was told when he asked that they would get results the next day then never heard from them. He had to contact them again a couple days later to get the results. Not a huge deal, but a message saying "Im sorry we are still waiting" on the day they told us to exoect results would have been nice.
Gilbert
Dr. Amols is so compassionate and caring. His bedside manner is amazing. I believe he really has a heart for this profession since he has gone through the process himself. I was impressed that he personally does so many aspects of the care, including ultrasounds, and checks up with us every time we are in the office.... I have many issues and my husband has male factor as well. So we are a challenging case. We decided on IVF immediately so that we don't waste time and money on IUI with a much lower chance of getting pregnant.
The wait to get an initial consult is the hardest part. The price of services is fair and they [New Direction Fertility] do a good job of going over everything with you, making sure you have a consult with the billing dept before starting. The office uses Klara which makes communication with anyone in the office relatively easy. I find it easier than trying to call.... We had to have $6300 before starting our cycle but that also included the fee from our clinic for PGS testing (
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Be patient. He is very popular so his wait list is long, but I promise it is worth it! I waited 7 months for my appointment but I am so glad I didn't waste time going to another clinic because I am confident in Dr. Amols and that he will get us pregnant.
Dr. Amols spent a good amount of time with us and answered every question. We never felt rushed or like he needed to get to the next patient.
I have many issues and my husband has male factor as well. So we are a challenging case. We decided on IVF immediately so that we don't waste time and money on IUI with a much lower chance of getting pregnant. He also told me I would be on the Microdose Lupron protocol which is supposed to be the more agressive protocol. I have not yet finished so I will update when I can.
Maggie has been helpful with coordinating our cycle. I'm not sure if I was just so overwhelmed with a lot of info on our first consult or if she wasn't as detailed but I did have a lot of follow up questions that I didn't feel were answered on the first visit. But the office uses Klara which makes it easy to communicate with her and she responds quickly.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The wait to get an initial consult is the hardest part. The price of services is fair and they do a good job of going over everything with you, making sure you have a consult with the billing dept before starting. The office uses Klara which makes communication with anyone in the office relatively easy. I find it easier than trying to call.
The costs are fairly reasonable. We had to have $6300 before starting our cycle but that also included the fee from our clinic for PGS testing (if you don't do the testing, its $1200 less). They have you put down a $500 deposit to hold your spot on the cycle calendar. These are cash pay costs because my insurance only covers diagnositics. I haven't received any other bills yet but they may still come.
I haven't made it to transfer yet, will update when I get there
Gilbert

He [Dr. Amols] will adjust the medications and timing for each IUI. ... He will explain everything in detail if you would like and he is patient with your questions. He has great bedside manner and puts you at ease before a procedure. ... He performed the surgery to remove the fibroid a couple weeks later. He schedules his hospital surgeries late on Fridays if possible. ... I like that he looks at your fertility picture as a whole and is straightforward about what testing or procedures might be unnecessary or redundant.
If doing IVF at this clinic [New Direction Fertility], they "batch" the IVF patients to line up everyone for retrieval during the same week. ... The texting service is good because I can communicate privately while at work and not have to hide for a phone call, but it also lacks the human touch during this frustrating process and when you need to speak with a real live human. ... I would have been happy to wait until the end of the day for a call and not been made to feel inferior for requesting a phone call that took less than 10 minutes.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Our initial consultation with Dr. Amols went very well, he thoroughly explained his thoughts on our situation and that testing was the next step. We went through all tests with good results until we did the SHG and a large fibroid was apparent. He performed the surgery to remove the fibroid a couple weeks later. He schedules his hospital surgeries late on Fridays if possible. He visited me before my surgery and the surgery went well. We next did x3 IUI's with him. He performed all the IUI's and he is great at not making it super awkward during the procedure because he is very professional and will talk about other things so you don't feel uncomfortable. He will adjust the medications and timing for each IUI. We did have a chemical pregnancy on the 3rd. I like that he looks at your fertility picture as a whole and is straightforward about what testing or procedures might be unnecessary or redundant.
Have patience and research what you are going into so you can have the most efficient conversation with him. He is short on time (because he does so much) but he will try to answer all your questions.
Dr. Amols is a kind and caring professional. He is a very hardworking doctor that tries to do it all. He will explain everything in detail if you would like and he is patient with your questions. He has great bedside manner and puts you at ease before a procedure.
I had 3 IUI cycles with Femara and Gonal-f. He had a baseline amount that we started with and as we got closer to ovulation, he would increase the Gonal-f after the ultrasounds if needed. Every cycle started with 5 days of Femara and the IUI was always performed on my cycle Day 13 (which is normal for me). The 1st cycle didn't start Gonal-f 75iu until Day 5 or so, and then went every other day until Day 11 which was Trigger Day. The next 2 cycles were increased in Gonal-f dosages and started on Day 4. We did have a chemical pregnancy on the 3rd IUI. Since we did have a failed pregnancy on the 3rd try, he thought our chances were good and recommended we do a 4th IUI but I did not think it would be worth trying again and risk having another failed pregnancy. I felt our time efforts would be better spent going to IVF and a more aggressive treatment. Unfortunately, when you decide to do IVF at his clinic, you give a $500 deposit and you will have to wait 6-8 weeks for the next "batching" cycle to begin. So I really don't know if the 4th IUI was standard to recommend because we would have to wait anyway and we might as well try an IUI in the meantime. Or if he felt our situation would have really been successful with another IUI. I have since had an IVF cycle at another clinic and can confirm that we had very low results, in retrospect another IUI would probably have not been successful so I am glad we did not bother with a 4th.
The nurses that did the ultrasounds were great and professional. There were always 2-3 of them in the room though when getting an ultrasound and that often was weird to have an audience when having an ultrasound like that. I am not sure if they were constantly training or it was standard procedure to have an observer. Overall the staff was very helpful and would get back to me over Klara (text message service) fairly quickly. However it was never consistent who would reply back and sometimes it would be a different department or followed up by another nurse. Sometimes I really wasn't clear on who would be responding and sometimes the different department would reply. A bit confusing but I usually got my answers eventually. When I began trying to communicate with the IVF nurses (because we were ready to pursue that option), I really felt that I wasn't getting answers and became very frustrated. I requested a phone call several times to clarify a couple things and would always get a text message instead. That did really bother me that they spent more time texting me instead of a phone call as requested to clear up the questions that were not being understood via text.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is new, clean and well maintained. Since they opened within the last 5 years, it has lots of state of the art equipment and resources. It is also one of the most low priced clinics for IUI or IVF in Arizona. Dr. Amols is a fantastic person and very good at his job. He truly tries to do it all and sometimes efficiency has it's limits. If doing IVF at this clinic, they "batch" the IVF patients to line up everyone for retrieval during the same week. Efficient but sometimes that may not work best for you as a patient. The texting service is good because I can communicate privately while at work and not have to hide for a phone call, but it also lacks the human touch during this frustrating process and when you need to speak with a real live human.
Initial consultation $200, IUI w/o meds $750 (meds were $300-$500), IVF w/o meds $6200 with PGS testing. Baseline ultrasound $200 if you cancelled the IUI.
We did not have a transfer with Dr. Amols.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
When requesting a phone call from the IVF coordinators to clarify some questions I had, I was repeatedly denied until I was very frustrated (the back and forth was over a 24hr period, it was getting ridiculous). After finally stating that a brief 10 minute phone call would be less effort than constantly going back and forth over text, I received a phone call. Unfortunately, the IVF coordinator I spoke with made it clear that I was inconveniencing her and a patient was waiting to be seen so she could call me. I would have been happy to wait until the end of the day for a call and not been made to feel inferior for requesting a phone call that took less than 10 minutes.