U. of Arizona

Mark Amols works at

1760 E Pecos Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85295
480-351-8222

He [Dr. Mark Amols] was very kind and I felt like he did a good job of explaining things in detail at our consultation. But the communication I feel like is slightly lacking. I thought we would get to choose if we were using meds for our IUI or not and I told the nurses we wanted to start with no meds, but at my baseline scan for my IUI I was given a med schedule and very confused. I trusted him and rolled with it, but still dont understand why we had to go straight to a medicated IUI.
They [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] always call me back to my appts on time. They are also very affordable. The only con is the clinic told me my insurance did not cover treatment and I assumed that included meds too. So I paid out of pocket for meds at first, then had to call back to get my money back. When I am spending this much money I wish they had been more clear to save me time. I am glad that I was on top of things.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I like his bedside manner. He seems like a genuinely good person that wants to help us. It was reassuring to hear that he has kids from fertility treatments too, so he understands. I cannot believe how much time he spends working and that I see him at almost every visit. He is a very hard worker.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Make sure you are ready to ask questions at your first consultation. I didn't and even though I could message the nurses later, it would have been nice to ask him directly. Also, get on the wait list soon than later. I had a 6 month wait originally.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was very kind and I felt like he did a good job of explaining things in detail at our consultation. But the communication I feel like is slightly lacking. I thought we would get to choose if we were using meds for our IUI or not and I told the nurses we wanted to start with no meds, but at my baseline scan for my IUI I was given a med schedule and very confused. I trusted him and rolled with it, but still dont understand why we had to go straight to a medicated IUI.
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at New Direction Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
He had me on letrozole for 5 days (cd 3-7), gonal f cd 5/7/9, rescan on day 9, triggered that night then back 36 hrs later for IUI. I understood what the drugs did, but wasnt sure why he recommended that exact protocol for us. I think I was just so happy to finally get started I didnt care.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Direction Fertility Centers.
There are quite a few. I have only seen a couple of them more than once so far. Everyone is nice, but one gave me wierd vibes like she didnt know what she was doing. Dr A told me he wanted to draw blood after my cd 9 scan to make sure I wasnt ovulating on my own too early. I asked the nurse before I left if I still needed that and she said no so I left. Then was called 15 min later to come back and get my blood drawn. Other than that I feel like they explain things well as far as next steps etc.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Its very clean, modern and has a calming atmosphere. I like that you can see the embryo lab. They always call me back to my appts on time. They are also very affordable. The only con is the clinic told me my insurance did not cover treatment and I assumed that included meds too. So I paid out of pocket for meds at first, then had to call back to get my money back. When I am spending this much money I wish they had been more clear to save me time. I am glad that I was on top of things.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers.
My first consult was $300 out of pocket. IUI was $750 for all scan, bloods and the procedure itself. My meds were $200 but were partially covered by insurance. My insurance also covered testing to diagnose infertility.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers.
My husband had a repeat SA and was told when he asked that they would get results the next day then never heard from them. He had to contact them again a couple days later to get the results. Not a huge deal, but a message saying "Im sorry we are still waiting" on the day they told us to exoect results would have been nice.
Treated 2017 - 2018
he [Dr. Mark Amols is] the only doc at his clinic and I believe he wants to provide exceptional care so he only takes on so many patients per cycle...I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November...He thought I was going to be an over responder so initially my doses were on the lower side. I was on gonal-f, menupor, and then cetrotide. I ended up having to buy more meds towards the end of the cycle because I wasn't responding as we'd hoped.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] was easy to find and very welcoming...Everything is updated and clean...They have a retrevial coordinator and transfer coordinator who were both very helpful, but I did see several other nurses during blood draws and other appointments. For the most part all the staff is very friendly and competent.... I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was very compassionate. He was honest with us from the first phone consult (we live out of state). He suggested we try a urologist before seeing him because he felt like that had a chance of fixing things. Ultimately, I was tired of waiting and tired of intervention and I had made my mind up to move forward with IVF at that point, but I liked that he was honest and wasn't just trying to make money. Every in person visit was comfortable and he always made me feel at ease. He explained the good and the bad and I always felt informed.
If you want him to be your doctor then sign up for a cycle now. I called in July and their next opening wasn't until November. This actually worked perfectly for us, but he's the only doc at his clinic and I believe he wants to provide exceptional care so he only takes on so many patients per cycle.
The staff was always quick to respond to any of my questions via text. I had Dr. Amols cell number and even though I only messaged him once, it was a comfort knowing he was available if I needed him. I also felt like Dr. Amols paid attention to my specific case and was very honest, but also kind with explaining my progress even when it wasn't what he had initially expected.
He thought I was going to be an over responder so initially my doses were on the lower side. I was on gonal-f, menupor, and then cetrotide. I ended up having to buy more meds towards the end of the cycle because I wasn't responding as we'd hoped. Thankfully, the pharmacy they use is in Scottsdale and I was able to get the extra meds the next day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic was easy to find and very welcoming. I didn't love that I couldn't make a payment over the phone without being charged an extra fee for doing so, but I just ended up paying when I got to the clinic in person. Everything is updated and clean.
I paid the clinic a bit over 7000 for the cycle, including one transfer. Medication was probably close to 3000 maybe a little more, but I received some donated medication. I had to have monitoring appointments in my state which was close to another 3000. Finally, we paid 2000 to have our 5 embryos tested. If you are in state I believe the monitoring appointments leading up to the ivf cycle are included in the 7000, but it doesn't include preliminary testing such as HSG, saline sono etc. However, I had a saline sonohysterogram done with Dr. Amols for 300 because my state clinic wanted to charge me 1050..so it was cheaper to fly to az for the day.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Direction Fertility Centers.
I think they prefer a single embryo transfer unless there are very few eggs or other issues that might warrant transferring more. It was our choice if we wanted to transfer one or two and we elected one.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I remember having one nurse tell me something on the texting app that conflicted with information I had been given. I questioned it and got a clear answer.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Apparently Dr. Amols was very involved in care early on, but I think they've gotten very busy lately and I definitely felt like a number and like I was following a certain "recipe" that didn't apply to me individually.... Dr. Amols has a great bedside manner. I feel like he and his clinic have a successful system down for routine IVF patients, but don't handle "ouliers"...difficult IVF histories and older patients...well. If you don't fit their program, you're likely to fall through the cracks.
Communication is a weakness. It's improved with a new app they [New Direction] use to text, but is still not at the level I've experienced at other clinics, where I feel more like a patient than a number. Financial communication REALLY needs some improvement. First of all, they quoted us $1200 for PGS, but failed to tell us that we'd also have to pay the lab $1800... I had a cycle delayed a month because they didn't tell me when I'd need to start medications for that cycle.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols has a great bedside manner. I feel like he and his clinic have a successful system down for routine IVF patients, but don't handle "ouliers"...difficult IVF histories and older patients...well. If you don't fit their program, you're likely to fall through the cracks. Thankfully, his prices are much more fair out of pocket than most other clinics, but it adds up with failed cycles, cost of freezing, and extra transfers. Some places include this in their packages, so compare that as well. Also, they weren't up front about total PGS costs, which would have changed our decision, but we didn't know the total cost until it was too late.
Be your own advocate. You're paying them, don't be afraid to reach out and clarify things. Consider how routine your case seems to be, and consider your age.
My protocol with Dr. Amols used much lower doses of stims than previous cycles, and seemed to take forever to get to retrieval. I was on an agonist/antagonist cycle using lupron, menopur, follistim, and cetrotide. I was never really given a rationale for using this protocol, was just given the protocol.
You will rarely encounter a nurse after egg retrieval. I found this to be very disappointing. After retrieval, for transfers and all other questions, they go through his staff of Medical Assistants. I've always had a primary nurse at any other clinic I've been to, so this was very hard to get used to. There's a different knowledge/experience base.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Communication is a weakness. It's improved with a new app they use to text, but is still not at the level I've experienced at other clinics, where I feel more like a patient than a number. Financial communication REALLY needs some improvement. First of all, they quoted us $1200 for PGS, but failed to tell us that we'd also have to pay the lab $1800...we found this out when the lab called us for payment. Not a happy day. They have also been reluctant to answer questions about the cost of FET. On a better note, they do include most of their pricing online, I just wish it would be more comprehensive and up front.
Retrieval $4800 ICSI $500 PGS $3000 FET $2000 Storage $500/yr
Dr. Amols seems to have a bias for multiple embryo transfer, but is open to and fully explains eSET, and the risks/benefits of both.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I had a cycle delayed a month because they didn't tell me when I'd need to start medications for that cycle. I've also had the wrong prescription called in. I also asked for brith control with less side effects and was not offered more than one other option, that had the same horrible side effects.
Gilbert
We are doing an antagonist cycle [with Dr. Amols], as we are extremely severe MFI with no known female factor. We are also doing weekly sperm samples and cryotherapy to attempt to get more sperm to freeze due to how low our numbers are (< 10 sperm total). We are also doing HCG injections 3x/weekly to help increase sperm production and create hormonal balance...only does Frozen Embryo Transfers, and will transfer up to two embryos at a time.
While communication could be improved, they [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] are always great about responding to messages in a timely manner. They utilize a texting system called Klara which makes communication 100 times easier, especially after hours. Maggie is always compassionate and warm, and even though she sees many patients, she always remembers me personally at every visit.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols goes above and beyond for his patients, working 7 days a week when necessary to not disrupt your prime IVF cycle. He is candid yet compassionate, and will reach out to you directly for questions and answers. His clinic is extremely busy, yet you still feel as though you are the only patient. He is present at every ultrasound, and we know 100% he will be there for our upcoming egg retrieval.
Call now for a consultation appointment because his schedule fills up very fast.
Dr. Amols is incredibly compassionate, and makes you feel like a friend or relative during visits with him. He jokes when it is appropriate, and is serious when it necessitates. He is committed to getting you pregnant against all odds.
We are doing an antagonist cycle, as we are extremely severe MFI with no known female factor. We are also doing weekly sperm samples and cryotherapy to attempt to get more sperm to freeze due to how low our numbers are (< 10 sperm total). We are also doing HCG injections 3x/weekly to help increase sperm production and create hormonal balance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie Francoeur )
While communication could be improved, they are always great about responding to messages in a timely manner. They utilize a texting system called Klara which makes communication 100 times easier, especially after hours. Maggie is always compassionate and warm, and even though she sees many patients, she always remembers me personally at every visit.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is beautiful, and the lab is state of the art. My OB recommended our initial sperm analysis be done here instead of an outside lab because of how technologically advanced it is. And boy are we glad we did because only 3 sperm were found. If we had done our analysis anywhere else, such as Sonora Quest, I completely believe nothing would have been found.
I have not been to any other RE, but I've been told his prices are the best in the state.
Dr. Amols only does Frozen Embryo Transfers, and will transfer up to two embryos at a time.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
There seems to be an influx of new receptionists or medical assistants, which can lead to some miscommunication. However, the issues are always quickly cleared up by the IVF coordinators or Dr. Amols, himself. I have heard about issues with his billing department, but have not yet experienced any of these myself.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Amols took his time with me. I was always able to schedule at convenient times. He is a compassionate, understanding doctor. And his fees are more reasonable compared to nearby clinics....You get to see Dr. Amols at every scan and procedure...He always remembered me, my questions, answered everything thoroughly, and catered my protocol to what would work best for me....I did embryo banking due to low ovarian reserve. I did a frozen embryo transfer after the egg retrievals....
This is a busy clinic [New Direction], but I never felt ignored or rushed....The location is right off the freeway and is easily accessible. Most communication is done electronically, which is easy and convenient....$4800 base price for one IVF cycle and one FET $500 for anesthesia billed separately $300 for ICSI if needed, billed separately $200 HSG...The nurse staff made some errors. I recommend all patients, no matter where they go, to pay attention, write things down, and double check.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
This is a busy clinic, but I never felt ignored or rushed. Dr. Amols took his time with me. I was always able to schedule at convenient times. He is a compassionate, understanding doctor. And his fees are more reasonable compared to nearby clinics. I wold recommend him to anyone. You get to see Dr. Amols at every scan and procedure, so write down questions to ask if you have any because you'll get to see him every appointment.
Be your own advocate, ask questions, and double check things.
I did embryo banking due to low ovarian reserve. I did a frozen embryo transfer after the egg retrievals. I requested ICSI due to low number of eggs retrieved. I did PGS testing to make sure I transferred a normal embryo. I did an ERA because I wanted to make sure we transferred on the right day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Juanita)
This is a busy clinic, but I never felt ignored or rushed. The nurse staff made some errors. I recommend all patients, no matter where they go, to pay attention, write things down, and double check. Double check with the staff and never be afraid to ask questions or to call to double check something.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Again, this is a busy clinic. Call frequently to check availability for a consult if you're scheduling for the first time. Never be afraid to ask questions, especially during your appointments. The location is right off the freeway and is easily accessible. Most communication is done electronically, which is easy and convenient.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Knowledgeable and compassionate but too busy, sometimes I felt like things the Dr [Amols] told me he later contradicted himself...the Dr does all your scans which is nice but they are only 5-10 minute appointments so this is the only time I had to speak with Dr. After scans if you have any questions Dr will set you up with nurse or Cordinator to discuss... Dr was always rushed to get to next patient, follow ups take too long to schedule...
Clinic [New Direction] is new and beautiful, but so busy...I messaged clinic I started my period more than 1 time, communication is through text. The nurse overlooked this message and 3 day scan was not ordered... After scans if you have any questions Dr will set you up with nurse or Cordinator to discuss...Extremely busy clinic and Dr was always rushed to get to next patient...the Dr does all your scans which is nice but they are only 5-10 minute appointments so this is the only time I had to speak with Dr.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Knowledgeable and compassionate but too busy, sometimes I felt like things the Dr told me he later contradicted himself. Like after first retrieval he told me he thought he achieved goal which was really great, 3rd cycle he wanted to change protocol and I asked why we aren't doing what we did first time, since he thought that was a good cycle, and response was it was an ok cycle.
Stay on top of things.
Extremely busy clinic and Dr was always rushed to get to next patient, follow ups take too long to schedule
Microdose Lupron flare gonal menapur bcp prime. Batched cycle. Retrieved 7 eggs 2 were seperated from sac during retrieval, I was left in a lot of discomfort after retrieval, 4 fertilized 2 5 day embryos, PGs abnormal, Estrogen prime back to back cycle, gonal menapur, lead follicle only 3retrieved,2 mature 2 fertilized, too poor quality for testing or freezing 3rd cycle estrogen prime lead follicle cancelled day 7 of stim, I was monitored from out of state, Dr would not cancel sooner because he did not trust scan of monitoring Dr. Which also happened previous cycle. Later after I was told how horrible monitoring Dr was at measuring follicles at end of conversation I was told the scans weren't the problem, I was dealing with lead follicle issue.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Clinic is new and beautiful, but so busy, the Dr does all your scans which is nice but they are only 5-10 minute appointments so this is the only time I had to speak with Dr. After scans if you have any questions Dr will set you up with nurse or Cordinator to discuss
Success w/ Doc 28 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Amols and the nurses took the time to answer my questions quickly and were always very prompt in getting back to me with test results and medication protocols...He sees a lot of patients, so you have to make the most of the time you have with him during appointments...Dr. Amols was present at every monitoring appointment I had which made me feel confident that he was making sure I received the best treatment and protocol possible. He did answer all my questions, but there were times I wish I had a little more time for questions. He was always very upfront and realistic about what I could expect and made it clear he would push me to get the most eggs possible so that I had the best chance of having success when it comes time to use the eggs. He has great bedside manner and it's clear that he cares about his patients. He was able to retrieve 28 mature eggs (31 total but 3 were immature) and I was extremely happy with the outcome of treatment. I would definitely recommend him.
They see a lot of patients [at New Direction] but they are so on top of things. At most, I only had to wait 10 minutes after a scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. The clinic was clean, felt up to date tech-wise, and made me feel comfortable with my decision to seek treatment there... The only difficulty (if you can call it that) I had was how quickly the nurse who assisted me after my egg retrieval tried to get me up and out of the recovery room. I woke up super nauseous and in pain and they needed me to get rolling because they needed the room for another patient. I guess they typically get people up and out within 15 minutes, I think it may have taken me about 30. I did feel a little rushed to recover which wasn't super fun given how crappy I was feeling, but that was the only thing that was a little rough about my experience with the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Make sure you have your questions written down so you are prepared to ask them as soon as he walks in the room. He sees a lot of patients, so you have to make the most of the time you have with him during appointments.
Dr. Amols and the nurses took the time to answer my questions quickly and were always very prompt in getting back to me with test results and medication protocols. They do see quite a few patients and sometimes things felt a little rushed during my time at the clinic, but Dr. Amols made sure to push me to get the most eggs possible and I appreciated this strategy very much.
I was on one month of birth control prior to starting injections. I had my baseline ultrasound a couple days after ending birth control, then started microdose lupron injections (20 units AM and PM) the next day, continuing those until the night of my trigger shot. After 2 days of microdose lupron injections only, I started taking 75 units of Menopur in the morning and 300 units of Gonal-F in the evenings. I stimmed for 9 days on that protocol, then on the 10th day we continued microdose lupron AM and PM and 75 units of Menopur in the AM followed by 100 units of Gonal F PM because my follicles were borderline ready to go. The 11th day microdose lupron injections both AM and PM and trigger shot PM with retrieval 36 hours later.
The nurses were wonderful! They were quick to answer my questions and very helpful. The only difficulty (if you can call it that) I had was how quickly the nurse who assisted me after my egg retrieval tried to get me up and out of the recovery room. I woke up super nauseous and in pain and they needed me to get rolling because they needed the room for another patient. I guess they typically get people up and out within 15 minutes, I think it may have taken me about 30. I did feel a little rushed to recover which wasn't super fun given how crappy I was feeling, but that was the only thing that was a little rough about my experience with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They see a lot of patients but they are so on top of things. At most, I only had to wait 10 minutes after a scheduled appointment time to see the doctor. The clinic was clean, felt up to date tech-wise, and made me feel comfortable with my decision to seek treatment there.
So unbelievably affordable which made it possible for me to go through this process. $1000 for clinic fees, $300 for anesthesia, $300 per year for storage for up to 20 eggs ($100 for every 10 after).
Gilbert
We did IVF ICSI with PGS testing. We wanted to be sure to have the highest level of success from the beginning, and although Dr Amols was not pushy with what we decided, he was very supportive of our decision to do PGS testing. ... Because Dr Amols did fertility himself, I felt that he always understood our situation to the next level ... Dr Amols treated us like family.
I loved using the Klara app and being able to ask questions to the staff [New Direction] as questions arose. ... The nursing staff is incredible! They welcome everyone with a warm smile. They always kept me distracted when I gave blood, as they knew that was not my favorite thing. They explained anything and everything they did, and would often ask if I had any questions or if I needed anything. They answered questions immediately regardless of the time or day, and are incredibly well trained.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Because Dr Amols did fertility himself, I felt that he always understood our situation to the next level. He was incredibly understanding, because he had been through the same emotions and had the same experiences. He continually gave me hope at each appointment. I loved being his patient, and appreciated that he included both me and my husband equally with each step.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!! Dr Amols and his staff are always happy to answer any questions, and they truly made me feel like there was no such thing as a stupid question. If you think of something, no matter how small, don't hesitate to ask!!
From the first appointment, Dr Amols treated us like family. He has fantastic bedside manners, answered all questions I thought of throughout the entire IVF process, as did his staff. I loved using the Klara app and being able to ask questions to the staff as questions arose. I truly felt like family through the entire process.
We did IVF ICSI with PGS testing. We wanted to be sure to have the highest level of success from the beginning, and although Dr Amols was not pushy with what we decided, he was very supportive of our decision to do PGS testing. I was on birth control for a few months to manipulate my cycle before preparing for my egg retrieval. After that, I let my body heal for two months before doing my IVF transfer.
Dr Amols let it be up to us whether we did one or two embryos for the transfer, but he explained in great detail the risks of both. We decided to do one embryo because we only had two total embryos, and we know we will eventually do the second embryo. I am so glad Dr Amols explained to us our options in such detail, but ultimately let us decide.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Amols is one of a kind! He is passionate and personable and kind, while also being extremely knowledgeable about his line of work. I felt 100% cared for by him at all times and feel as though he went above and beyond to make certain I understood each step of my journey.... Given my age I knew we were going to be giving it all we had. I had the higher dosages but he was also open the second time around when I had some hesitation of taking the steroid again and he talked thru the pros/cons of why so I better understood why I was taking everything.
[Cost of Treatment] was originally the primary reason for moving to this clinic [New Direction] as they made this option affordable to me and gave me a chance I wouldn't have otherwise been able to afford elsewhere (side note, after meeting Dr. Amols I would have paid more b/c he is just THAT awesome!!!)... Appointments - easily made, 99.9% on time and if something came up that delayed an appointment they were very clear
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Don't hesitate one single moment!!! Go as fast as you can to his office and find yourself in the BEST care possible for this challenging situation!!
I LOVED that every appointment meant I would see Dr. Amols which was very different from my previous Clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie)
Maggie is an excellent extension of Dr. Amols - she was so helpful with all my questions especially coming from out of State. I felt very close with Maggie and even had her come in to my first retrieval with me until I was put to sleep b/c she calmed me so well.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Appointments - easily made, 99.9% on time and if something came up that delayed an appointment they were very clear quickly about why Payment - Loved working with susan, she was so patient and kind and helped me understand all the charges and timing of payments etc. Weakness - software changed during my time there, it was hard when previous messages would disappear or getting access to them but I think they have likely ironed that process out now.
This was originally the primary reason for moving to this clinic as they made this option affordable to me and gave me a chance I wouldn't have otherwise been able to afford elsewhere (side note, after meeting Dr. Amols I would have paid more b/c he is just THAT awesome!!!)
Gilbert
He [Dr. Mark Amols] first suggested IUI because my husbands sperm count was right on the brink of doing IUI/IVF so he suggested IUI in attempt to save us a little bit of money, I was taking Clomid up to the IUI procedure. When that was unsuccessful, I asked Dr Amols about IVF and he explained in DETAIL what it would entail. Many shots, many appointments, lots of preparing. Dr Amols was ALWAYS there, even if my cycle fell on a holiday. He was almost certain we would get pregnant on our first try with his diligence and he was correct. Dr Amols retrieved 30 eggs! 30! 20 made it to day 5 and 10 were pgs tested perfect embryos.
Luckily, my insurance covered the vast majority of my treatment and when it didn't, Dr Amols [at New Direction] personally contacted my insurance to request assistance for me. Doing IUI and IVF, I paid a total of 3000. Not at once. They were extremely flexible about letting me pay in small increments when I was able to, im still paying using a flexible payment plan. The only time I had to make up front payments was for the IVF procedure itself down payment ($500) and PGS testing because a testing facililty takes care of that for them.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Becoming a patient of Dr Amols was the best decision I ever made. He created a miracle for me and my family. He is everything you would want in a Doctor from bed side manner to taking everything his practice does personally and with care.
We tried everything before Dr Amols, we tried to get pregnant for 4 years and were able to conceive from our first IVF. You are making the right choice by going to New Direction.
I felt like I was treated like a human because of Dr. Amols direct communication with me as well as explanations and making me feel comfortable as an individual throughout my journey specifically created for my Husband and I.
Dr Amols charges less than any Fertility Center out there because he is ALWAYS working. He first suggested IUI because my husbands sperm count was right on the brink of doing IUI/IVF so he suggested IUI in attempt to save us a little bit of money, I was taking Clomid up to the IUI procedure. When that was unsuccessful, I asked Dr Amols about IVF and he explained in DETAIL what it would entail. Many shots, many appointments, lots of preparing. Dr Amols was ALWAYS there, even if my cycle fell on a holiday. He was almost certain we would get pregnant on our first try with his diligence and he was correct. Dr Amols retrieved 30 eggs! 30! 20 made it to day 5 and 10 were pgs tested perfect embryos. We transferred one embryo because Dr Amols informed us how high his twin rates are. That embryo is thriving, im now 4 months pregnant.
Every member of the nursing staff I encountered had wonderful bedside manner.. They were gentle, understanding, and informative. They all remembered me, never questioned my name because they know each patient as an individual.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr Amols is the best Doctor I’ve ever had in my life and his staff follows suit. My husband and I can never express the gratitude we have for being given the gift of life, New Direction is the best in all aspects. I don't know of a weakness because I truly have zero complaints. They look at each situation individually and don't look at you like you are a credit card. Dr Amols and his staff honestly want to help you achieve your dream of becoming pregnant. I am tearing up just writing this because I wish I could tell everyone looking for a Fertility Specialist that there is no one better.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New Direction Fertility Centers.
It was up to you, they always worked with MY schedule being that I worked full time..
Luckily, my insurance covered the vast majority of my treatment and when it didn't, Dr Amols personally contacted my insurance to request assistance for me. Doing IUI and IVF, I paid a total of 3000. Not at once. They were extremely flexible about letting me pay in small increments when I was able to, im still paying using a flexible payment plan. The only time I had to make up front payments was for the IVF procedure itself down payment ($500) and PGS testing because a testing facililty takes care of that for them.
Gilbert
[Dr. Amols] really wanted to find every possible solution for us to have a baby. He also jumped right into our options as opposed to the other specialist we saw- that just told us it will happen. "Give it time" He found a solution and seems excited for our journey...We went the route of IUI first even with my reserve being low and a Male count low because my insurance covered those. Used gonal f 300 mm and 400 mm and letrozole 2.5 mg to increase egg count and a trigger shot for ovulation, with progesterone suppositories to help the lining as well. As well as had a reserve sperm frozen each time due to low sperm count.
a lack of communication from the doctors to the nurses [at New Direction Fertility Centers]...I had to ask them if they were going to send in my medication to a pharmacy...If you want to do an IVF you have to put a $500 deposit down...The procedure for IUI if not covered by insurance cost $750. The IFV 6,800 and the anesthesia cost $300. Testing on embryos $500...clinic has taken on more patients that it seems to stretch the doctor thin and dont actually get to communicate with the doctor. Plus he seems so rushed that he may not have time for you and resulting in this you may need to schedule many several appoints to get your questions answered.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
We have been to several other fertility specialists. He from the others really wanted to find every possible solution for us to have a baby. He also jumped right into our options as opposed to the other specialist we saw- that just told us it will happen. "Give it time" He found a solution and seems excited for our journey.
You may need to schedule several appointments with the doctor himself if you have questions. If you want answers you need to schedule a specific appointment to ask those questions.
There were times he seemed like, he had other patients he needed to see . So asking questions was taking too much of his time.
They were very friendly and if you had any questions they made sure to pass it onto the doctor. They all seemed very knowledgeable as well.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are very friendly and seem professional. The downside is that because his clinic has taken on more patients that it seems to stretch the doctor thin and dont actually get to communicate with the doctor. Plus he seems so rushed that he may not have time for you and resulting in this you may need to schedule many several appoints to get your questions answered.
All office visit cost out of pocket due to him being a specialist. Plus any sperm reserve to be frozen every time cost $100. If you want to do an IVF you have to put a $500 deposit down. Most medication were not covered by insurance so out of pocket cost any where from 1k to 5k. The procedure for IUI if not covered by insurance cost $750. The IFV 6,800 and the anesthesia cost $300. Testing on embryos $500
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Maybe a lack of communication from the doctors to the nurses but I had to ask them if they were going to send in my medication to a pharmacy.
Gilbert
Dr. Amols always remembers my name and my husbands name, our professions, our worries, everything. He works 7 days a week and answers text messages at 11 pm at night, 6 am on Sundays and every day in between.... I was worried I would have to use donor eggs (AMH .4) and he thought for sure I could get good embryos and I got 6! He also is generous with medications and never wants you to overspend.... He put me on DHEA and CoQ10 to increase egg quality.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is very organized and responsive. They are open 7 days a week and respond 24 hours a day. That’s completely opposite of my last clinic and it was a nice surprise. They are all friendly, well trained and knowledgeable. They remember your names and are sensitive to what you are going through. They are great about finding appointments that fit in my schedule as well.... We got a teacher discount which was awesome so 1 cycle was $4000 plus $500 for antesthesia.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols does all of the ultrasounds, consults and even answers text messages. He throughouly explains everything and was very positive, but realistic. I was worried I would have to use donor eggs (AMH .4) and he thought for sure I could get good embryos and I got 6! He also is generous with medications and never wants you to overspend. I honestly couldn’t ask for a better doctor.
Call now! He has a long wait, but it’s worth it!
Dr. Amols always remembers my name and my husbands name, our professions, our worries, everything. He works 7 days a week and answers text messages at 11 pm at night, 6 am on Sundays and every day in between. I’m so happy I chose to switch doctors and do IVF with Dr. Amols.
He put me on DHEA and CoQ10 to increase egg quality. Then I went on birth control for a cycle, followed by an egg retrieval. I was on microdose lupron, menopur, Gonal F, and dexa pills. He said we didn’t need ICSI and the first round we had 12 eggs, 11 mature, 6 fertilize and 1 frozen embryo. We decided to do another egg retrieval and kept the protocol the same except he added growth hormone. This time I got 17 eggs, 12 mature, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen embryos. We did not PGS test. 1st transfer is in November.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth)
Elizabeth is my IVF nurse and they use a portal system (Klara) and she uses that to communicate with me. I never wait more than a few hours for an answer and usually it’s within minutes.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very organized and responsive. They are open 7 days a week and respond 24 hours a day. That’s completely opposite of my last clinic and it was a nice surprise. They are all friendly, well trained and knowledgeable. They remember your names and are sensitive to what you are going through. They are great about finding appointments that fit in my schedule as well.
We got a teacher discount which was awesome so 1 cycle was $4000 plus $500 for antesthesia. That includes ultrasounds and blood work leading up to retrieval, retrieval, and transfer. Obviously plus medications.
He said I can transfer 1 or 2, whatever I feel comfortable with but no more. I’m happy with that.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Amols is very patient and kind and always made me feel super comfortable at each appointment even though I was a nervous wreck at times. I never felt rushed during my appointments. If I forgot to ask a question I could just call or use the app to get an answer within the day. He easily explained the process and what to expect. He even helped us save a ton of money buying the meds through insurance by knowing the right thing to say to the insurance company. I highly recommend Dr Amols to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Very welcoming staff [at New Direction]. The wait was never terrible and you were seen on time most days. One downfall would be the finance department. I was getting bills from the clinic months after I “graduated”. The last bill I recieved was July and I finished at the clinic in the beginning of April... My care coordinator was always there when I had questions and very patient. The nursing staff was always nice too. Only negative thing was one of the phlebotomist was awful at drawing blood. Not sure if she was new and inexperience but I always dreaded seeing her when it was time for a blood draw. No fault of the clinic but still painful to deal with
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and be honest with your medical history.
Dr Amols treated me as if I was his only patient each visit. He didn’t make me feel rushed and was very patient with my questions. When he wasn’t available, the staff was amazing and was very knowledgeable.
Dr Amols made sure you were explained how to use the injections and you had the option to bring in the first dosage for the nurse to show you how to do it. Be sure to follow directions and dosage exactly. During injections there were quite a few appointments to track how your body was handling them. I had to lower the dosage on one type of injection because it was working too well. He closely monitored your progress and hormones. Honestly the hardest part for me was after the egg retrieval but that was due to the side affects of the meds I needed to take to prevent the ovarian overstimulation syndrome. After about 5 days I was back to normal. The clinic kept you updated on the amount of embryos and how many were successful by day 5. You went back to being monitored for the embryo transfer until your body was ready all while taking progesterone shots. I wasn’t expecting how long you needed to take the shots(through first trimester of pregnancy) so that took an emotional toll on me for sure but it was all worth it at the end
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: I can’t remember her name )
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Very welcoming staff. The wait was never terrible and you were seen on time most days. One downfall would be the finance department. I was getting bills from the clinic months after I “graduated”. The last bill I recieved was July and I finished at the clinic in the beginning of April
Since Dr Amols knew of a loop hole with tricare, I was able to get all medication for the entire process for way cheep. It cost a few hundred versus a few thousand. The actual cost of the fertility treatment and procedure through the clinic was a lot less expensive then other fertility treatments in the Phoenix area that I researched. I spent approximately $10-$15K from start to finish
Dr Amols did recommend to transfer two embryos instead of one at the very beginning of our initial meeting because of how long we have been struggling with infertility but it was ultimately our choice. I liked that he would not transfer more than 2 at a time (at least for our situation and age) just for the safety of the Mom and babies. I don’t feel I was given all the risks of having twins vs a singleton at the time but my husband and I probably would have still chosen to transfer two embryos instead of one if we did.
Treated 2015 - 2017
When you end up having the babies you always dreamed of it's pretty easy to recommend your doctor to others. But, we LOVED everything about New Directions and our treatment....Dr. An old [Amols] was personable, remembered details about me, my job, my work and my case.... Only thing I would say is Dr. was a little overly optimistic with our initial treatment and we spent more time/money on IUI then I would have liked, but first time go on IVF!
Great clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] - clean, comfortable, lab on site, and excellent staff. This may sound silly, but I really appreciated the decor, views from the treatment rooms, background music, and blood draw lab.... Dr. Amols gave us 50% off due to military affiliation. He told me this is routine in his clinic for anyone with Tri-Care and they care for many military members... Seemed to be a lot if turnover as nurses either promoted up or pregnancied out,
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
When you end up having the babies you always dreamed of it's pretty easy to recommend your doctor to others. But, we LOVED everything about New Directions and our treatment. Doctor, nurses and staff all great, prices more than reasonable for the service, facility comfortable and clean... We felt understood and cared for every step of the way and like the QUALITY of our experience was paramount. Our 1st IVF was total success. Only thing I would say is Dr. was a little overly optimistic with our initial treatment and we spent more time/money on IUI then I would have liked, but first time go on IVF! Also, at the time we left New Directions, it was getting very busy. Hoping Dr. A has found a partner by now.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Amols is very responsive and thoroughly addresses ALL your concerns!
Oh my gosh, nurses ALL knew my name and story, Dr. An old was personable, remembered details about me, my job, my work and my case. Dr. An old was INCREDIBLY patient with billing my not-always-so-responsive insurance.
That's a lot to type out on a phone... Initial diagnosis was MFI and IUI treatment w/ Clomid. Next was three cycles (one cancelled) w/ injectibles. During cancelled cycle, eggs didn't grow as quick as expected. After IUI, first embryo transfer produced 6 high quality embryos (rated 4/5 out of 5). Two transferred into womb, resulting in two live births.
They were awesome! Seemed to be a lot if turnover as nurses either promoted up or pregnancied out, but each one was compassionate, kind, and studied our file. Plus we saw Dr. almost every visit, so nurses weren't carrying too much burden.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I feel like I covered this when reviewing the doctor ... Great clinic - clean, comfortable, lab on site, and excellent staff. This may sound silly, but I really appreciated the decor, views from the treatment rooms, background music, and blood draw lab. Anything to help you relax and be more comfortable right???
Dr. Amols gave us 50% off due to military affiliation. He told me this is routine in his clinic for anyone with Tri-Care and they care for many military members, especially LGBT. Our out of pocket was about $20k for multiple OH Is, IVF and 1-year embryo storage.
Dr. Amols refused to do more than two, insisted his success rate was so high, if we transferred two we'd get two babies and cautioned us about the risks/challenges of having teins. Sure enough! He was right! We have two healthy kids and are experiencing all the high energy demands of parenting multiples! :D
Treated 2015 - 2017
My experience as a patient with Dr. Amols has been incredibly positive. I always felt important and like he actually cared about the resulta of the treatments. He remembered us from visit to visit and got visibly frustrated with us when the initial tteatments were not working and didn't give up until we found what would work for us.... Half of the eggs were fertilized via ICSI and half naturally. The half that were attempted to be fertilized naturally did not fertilize without ICSI, which showed us the reason the IUIs were not working.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is very clean and welcoming. Ot was also very easy to find and has more than one restroom which can be important. The main weakness would be that appointments tend to run late as you get later in the day, but this is because of the personalized care received and the fact that patients aren't rushed out.... The nursing staff was very caring and proficient in their jobs. Whenever I had a question they answered quickly and without making me feel bad for asking even kind of stupid questions. I felt very cared for by the staff at New Direction Fertility.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Make an appointmentvas soon as you realize you are experiencing infirtility. Also, don't be afraid to explain any issues or concerns you have with him.
Dr. Amols treated me like a human 100%. He listened to my concerns regarding different treatments and explained everyrhing in detail. He also worked out a very individualized plan to work around a needle phobia I have so we could be successful in our attempts to have children.
At first we tried doing IUIs because there were no indications that we would not be able to concieve via insemination, after 4 progressively aggressive treatments did not result in any pregnancy we moved on to an egg retrieval with a frozen transfer. Half of the eggs were fertilized via ICSI and half naturally. The half that were attempted to be fertilized naturally did not fertilize without ICSI, which showed us the reason the IUIs were not working. We chose not to do any genetic testing on the embryos for personal religeous reasons and becaise of that opted to transfer 2 embryos at a time to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy. The first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy that ended with a ruptured fallopian tube. The second transfer resulted in a healthy twin pregnancy and I gave birth in March of 2018.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very clean and welcoming. Ot was also very easy to find and has more than one restroom which can be important. The main weakness would be that appointments tend to run late as you get later in the day, but this is because of the personalized care received and the fact that patients aren't rushed out.
The components of our treatment costs were the treatments themselves (ultrasounds, retrieval surgery, IUIs, transfers, ICSI fertilization, and testing) and the medications.
Treated 2017
Dr. Amols is such an approachable and likeable guy. He also struggled with male infertility, and went through IVF with his wife. My husband really appreciated him sharing his personal story, and connecting with him one-on-one. I once saw Dr. Amols at Costco, and he remembered me and asked how my twins were doing....Dr. Amols has a wonderful bedside manner and remembered us by name. He would make references to previous conversations, which shows that he was listening and remembered us.
The clinic [New Direction] is very clean and welcoming. We always felt comfortable there. Each treatment room is decorated nicely, and the waiting room was also very open....We always saw a different nurse. Some of them were very patient and knowledgeable, but some of them seemed a little scatterbrained.... I had a procedure denied by Insurance because someone incorrectly filled out a form. It set us back on our timeline. Fortunately, they resubmitted the form, and it was covered by insurance.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Get in for an appointment ASAP! We saw him shortly after he opened his practice, and we were able to get an appointment pretty quickly. Now, he is booked out for months for a consultation.
We tried three rounds of IUI, and then we successfully did a cycle of IVF with frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very clean and welcoming. We always felt comfortable there. Each treatment room is decorated nicely, and the waiting room was also very open. I am prompted to add more characters, even though my response already 200 characters, so I am just adding more text.
My first two IUI cycles for $500, and my third IUI cycle was $1, 000. My IVF cycle was $5, 000.
Our doctor let us decide. We decided to transfer a boy and girl embryo.
Treated 2016 - 2017
His [Dr. Mark Amols] communication is top notch. He is very detailed, asks you questions to make sure you understand, is very honest yet extremely compassionate with a positive nature. I saw him at every single appt starting from my consultation, through my IUI cycle, to my IVF monitoring/retrieval/and transfer. Once I did have my positive pregnancy results, I had some concerns with spotting and cramping. He took it upon himself to email me around 11:30 pm on a Saturday night to give me reassurance and peace of mind to my questions and worries.
Great communication, staff [at New Direction] remembers you by name, great bed side manner, and they truly care about your success. They all cheered and gave me huge hugs once we had our positive pregnancy results. The only “issue”, is billing. Which I’ve heard at almost every clinic. With so many patients, it’s not a huge surprise that things happen. But, the two times that there was an issue with billing, I contacted the department and it was fixed right away without any further issue. I’d say it was smooth and not a headache to deal with.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is a doctor not only that i would recommend to my closest friends and family, but IS who I’ve recommended and have sent 10-15 people to already. His communication is top notch. He is very detailed, asks you questions to make sure you understand, is very honest yet extremely compassionate with a positive nature. I saw him at every single appt starting from my consultation, through my IUI cycle, to my IVF monitoring/retrieval/and transfer. Once I did have my positive pregnancy results, I had some concerns with spotting and cramping. He took it upon himself to email me around 11:30 pm on a Saturday night to give me reassurance and peace of mind to my questions and worries. I was of course happy to move forward to a regular OB as that symbolized a healthy pregnancy and on to the next chapter, but I was very sad to leave his care. Nobody “wants” to go through fertility treatments but since that is my reality, I look forward to working with him when it comes time for baby #2.
Be ready. Once you are in his care... he’s ready to go! He always says “I love my patients and getting to see them. But my goal is to get them in and out the door on to the OB for a successful pregnancy.” He’s not in it for the money. He himself went through IVF with his wife so he understands the struggle. His goal is the help families grow at an affordable cost with quality treatments.
Never once did I feel like I was a check mark on his to-do list. He remembers you by name, details about your situation, your home life, things discussed at the last appt, etc.
For my treatment, the following meds were used. Gonal-F Menopur Ganirelix And a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Brenley)
The nurses were incredible. For example, I had never been under anesthesia before. I was a nervous wreck. When I was taken back, I laid there waiting for the doctor to come in for the retrieval. As I cried, two nurses (one wasn’t even a part of my team but had seen me crying as I walked back) were by my side talking me through each step and one stroked my hair calming me. It was the “motherly touch” I needed in that moment.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Great communication, staff remembers you by name, great bed side manner, and they truly care about your success. They all cheered and gave me huge hugs once we had our positive pregnancy results. The only “issue”, is billing. Which I’ve heard at almost every clinic. With so many patients, it’s not a huge surprise that things happen. But, the two times that there was an issue with billing, I contacted the department and it was fixed right away without any further issue. I’d say it was smooth and not a headache to deal with.
IVF- $4,800 Anesthesia- $300 ICSI- $500 PGS- $1,200 to Amols and $2,000 to the outside lab.
Dr. Amols is comfortable transferring up to 2 embryos.

Treated 2017
Dr. Amols is very friendly and such an amazing doctor. Every appointment he did himself and it went smoothly. He answered any questions and always explained what he was doing and everything he saw during the ultrasounds. He's so personable and so easy to get along with.... I was on an antagonist schedule. It was male factor infertility so we did IVF with ICSI. 28 egggs retrieved, 16 fertilized, 10 embryos frozen.
The clinic is very nice and clean. Every time I walked in I was greeted by name. I never had a long wait time. At our new patient consult Dr. Amols took us on a tour of the facility and showed us the labs. Everything was new and they pride themselves on the best technology. After retrieval they have personal recovery rooms so you don't have to worry about sharing a room with anyone else.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He really cares about you and will kindly answer any questions you might have.
He made us feel like we were his only patients. I know he sees so so many people every day but he always remembered us and our situation. Very personable and easy to talk to about anything and everything. Every appointment felt like he remembered exactly where we left off even to the smallest details.
I was on an antagonist schedule. It was male factor infertility so we did IVF with ICSI. 28 egggs retrieved, 16 fertilized, 10 embryos frozen. Currently preparing for transfer.
So so sweet! Every nurse we encountered was so helpful and kind. They were all very proficient in their different jobs.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
$4800 for the IVF process which includes all ultrasounds, blood draws, retrieval, assisted hatching, transfer, and 6 month frozen embryo storage. We had to do ICSI which cost another $500 billed at a later time. Medications are seperate.
Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr. Amois] is willing to listen and try his best to work around your comfort levels...He was always willing to sit down and answer and questions, he made us feel like he wanted us to conceive and it wasn't just another procedure for him. He was always genuine in times of loss...He was very straight forward but in a caring way. During our miscarriage he took his time to go through every option of treatment and let us have time to process things as well. He scheduled our d&c and he was the physician to perform it. He was very genuine in his care and I felt that he truly was saddened by our loss as well. I also felt at every appointment we have gone to he is always positive and excited to see where we are at. I like that I see him everytime I go and not someone else who may not know my entire history. He is patient and willing to answer any and all questions we may have had or still have.
They [nurses at New DIrection Fertility Centers] were excellent and always willing to answer questions!...$1500 for testing $4600 for IVF with icsi $3500 for medications $2000 for another transfer... He [Dr. Amois] would do the ultrasound and then the office would call later that day and tell me if I needed to increase or decrease my gonal f injection dosage. Once I was about 9 days into the stims part he had me come in daily to monitor more closely. On day 11 I was ready to have the trigger shot and came in the next day to make sure that medication worked and came in the next day after that to have my retrieval. For the transfer I was on birth control again for 3 weeks. And started Lupron 20units. Once the birth control was done I dropped my dosage to 10 units and started estrogen pills 2 pills twice a day: I went in for a lining check and ended up having to increase my estrogen dosage to 3 pills 3 times a day. Then 5 days before transfer he started me on doxycycline and progesterone injections.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr A. Was extremely kind and very open with his own Fertilty issues so I always felt like he understood what not just me but my husband was going through. He was very straight forward but in a caring way. During our miscarriage he took his time to go through every option of treatment and let us have time to process things as well. He scheduled our d&c and he was the physician to perform it. He was very genuine in his care and I felt that he truly was saddened by our loss as well. I also felt at every appointment we have gone to he is always positive and excited to see where we are at. I like that I see him everytime I go and not someone else who may not know my entire history. He is patient and willing to answer any and all questions we may have had or still have.
To be excited about treatment and trust his advice but also do not be afraid to make your own recommendations or talk about things you maybe have in mind for treatment. He is willing to listen and try his best to work around your comfort levels
He started me on birth control about 4 weeks before my egg retrieval. He wanted my cycle to be in sync with when the retrieval would be. He then gave me a calendar of all my retrieval medications and when to take them and appointments scheduled out for the next few weeks. I was started on 75mg of menopur each morning and gonal f 150mg at night. Then I would go to his office every other day to be monitored and get my blood drawn. He would do the ultrasound and then the office would call later that day and tell me if I needed to increase or decrease my gonal f injection dosage. Once I was about 9 days into the stims part he had me come in daily to monitor more closely. On day 11 I was ready to have the trigger shot and came in the next day to make sure that medication worked and came in the next day after that to have my retrieval. For the transfer I was on birth control again for 3 weeks. And started Lupron 20units. Once the birth control was done I dropped my dosage to 10 units and started estrogen pills 2 pills twice a day: I went in for a lining check and ended up having to increase my estrogen dosage to 3 pills 3 times a day. Then 5 days before transfer he started me on doxycycline and progesterone injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Darcy )
They were excellent and always willing to answer questions!
Treated 2015 - 2017
He [Dr. Amols] gave me his cell number and would be willing to talk and go over everything. Knew my name and who I was...He met with me at every appointment and went over what was happening during the calendar we had and what to expect next. He was very quick at responding to messages...He knew my husband and I and helped us by relating his past situation to what we were going through. His greatest hope is to help those struggling with infertility just like him and his wife struggled with theirs.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility] is beautiful, organized, and efficient. They have lots of staff members that care about you and what you are going through. From the egg retrieval, blood work, embryo transfer, and ultrasounds, the staff was great through it all. I never had a bad experience and wouldn’t change a thing...I had many nurses work with my through the fertility process. I had Darcy, Brenley, and many others help me understand my calendar and go over medications and procedures.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols was amazing! He met with me at every appointment and went over what was happening during the calendar we had and what to expect next. He was very quick at responding to messages and even gave me his personal number when I was worried about upcoming procedures. He knew my husband and I and helped us by relating his past situation to what we were going through. His greatest hope is to help those struggling with infertility just like him and his wife struggled with theirs.
Don’t hesitate going to him, he is personable and will help you get the results you are looking for
He gave me his cell number and would be willing to talk and go over everything. Knew my name and who I was, even when I would see him at other stores.
Dr. Amols helped me get assistance with the cost of my medication and I went on Clomid, Progesterone, and many others. He helped walk me through how to take the medications, the amounts, and possible side effects. When I got preganant, both times, I was on the Progesterone for 10 weeks to make sure my hormone level stayed up. I now have 2 healthy, beautiful girls thanks to him!
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
I had many nurses work with my through the fertility process. I had Darcy, Brenley, and many others help me understand my calendar and go over medications and procedures. They cared and one was even set to go through the fertility process with Dr. Amols too.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is beautiful, organized, and efficient. They have lots of staff members that care about you and what you are going through. From the egg retrieval, blood work, embryo transfer, and ultrasounds, the staff was great through it all. I never had a bad experience and wouldn’t change a thing.
I remember that Dr. Amols worked hard to lower the fertility costs. For my egg retriever and first transfer the cost was around $5,000. For the second transfer, I paid around $2,000. The cost for yearly egg freezing is $500.
Dr. Amols will only transfer 2 embryos, at the most. We transferred 1 embryo the first time and got pregnant and then transferred the reminding 2 embryos and got pregnant with one baby.
Treated 2017
As a patient I felt like I had no need to worry. Dr A [Mark Amols] has continued to make me feel like I (and our future babies) are in great hands. He performed every single ultrasound himself and took the time to explain the process and what to expect every step of the way!... I had a high antral follicle count secondary to PCOS we went with an antagonist protocol. I started with BCP; as he does batch cycle his patients, which wasn't an issue for me because it meant he was able to be more present and see me each visit. I had no hick ups during my IVF process and his protocol got me a great number of eggs
Strengths of the nursing staff [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was they all seemed very friendly, and organized. Weakness- would've liked to know to know them personally since that was the down to earth vibe you got from Dr A. Also sometimes you felt like they were being spread very thin and had a lot going on... he does batch cycle his patients, which wasn't an issue for me because it meant he was able to be more present and see me each visit.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
As a patient I felt like I had no need to worry. Dr A has continued to make me feel like I (and our future babies) are in great hands. He performed every single ultrasound himself and took the time to explain the process and what to expect every step of the way!
Be prepared to be treated more like a friend and less like a patient
Amazing bedside manner, you can truly tell he cares and is in it to get you your take home baby, not just another number or a pay day like other doctors made me feel
Being that this was my first IVF/ injectable cycle, I had a high antral follicle count secondary to PCOS we went with an antagonist protocol. I started with BCP; as he does batch cycle his patients, which wasn't an issue for me because it meant he was able to be more present and see me each visit. I had no hick ups during my IVF process and his protocol got me a great number of eggs
Strengths of the nursing staff was they all seemed very friendly, and organized. Weakness- would've liked to know to know them personally since that was the down to earth vibe you got from Dr A. Also sometimes you felt like they were being spread very thin and had a lot going on
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths- the doctor, feel comfortable, trustworthy Weakness- not much staff for the demand, but they make it work
Approx 6-8,000 for IVF cycle 2800 for medications for IVF cycle 400 for frozen embryo transfer 1200 for PGS embryo biopsy fee
I was educated on the risks of multiples but given the choice to transfer one or two. I didn't feel very pressured either way, but felt very educated on possibilities of both. Dr A has twins via IVF so he was able to give a first hand perspective as well which was nice.
Treated 2016 - 2017
One thing I loved about Almos [Dr. Mark Amols] was that I saw him every appointment. He would even call on his off hours and talk to my husband & I to explain things further. He never made me feel rushed about a decision. We had a couple hiccups along the way, but he was extremely empathetic. He likes to talk, and he can be blunt. He is a great communicator. He took charge in frustrating situations and always had a back up plan for us.
We first did 3 back to back IVF cycles [at New Direction Fertility Centers], where we retrieved 5 eggs. We then tried IUI & failed. We decided to then go back to egg retrievals and did our 4th and final retrieval, which resulted in one healthy amazing egg. We got a phone call on day 3 from Almos himself stating that he would love to do a fresh transfer because of how great the quality of the egg and my lining were.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
One thing I loved about Almos was that I saw him every appointment. He would even call on his off hours and talk to my husband & I to explain things further. He never made me feel rushed about a decision. We had a couple hiccups along the way, but he was extremely empathetic. He likes to talk, and he can be blunt. He is a great communicator. He took charge in frustrating situations and always had a back up plan for us.
To be gentle with yourself, this process is a hard one and Almos truly has your best interest at heart. Ask questions when you don't understand something fully and be your own advocate.
He is very informative, takes the time to make sure you are understanding the process and understanding it clearly. He never made me feel uncomfortable for asking certain questions. He is very sensitive and you can tell he truly cares about his patients
I got diagnosed with Premature ovarian failure from Mark Almos. We went over our options and picked to help preserve our fertility first, then work on getting pregnant. We first did 3 back to back IVF cycles, where we retrieved 5 eggs. We then tried IUI & failed. We decided to then go back to egg retrievals and did our 4th and final retrieval, which resulted in one healthy amazing egg. We got a phone call on day 3 from Almos himself stating that he would love to do a fresh transfer because of how great the quality of the egg and my lining were. We implanted on October 25th and got a positive BETA a few days later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Darcy)
I was in the office every other day, sometimes every day. I grew close to the staff and I felt like they were our cheerleaders. Every time we got positive news they would celebrate with us, anytime we got negative news they would comfort us.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
This is a busy clinic, so be prepared to wait to get seen as a new patient. But once you are a patient, you are apart of the family.
Almos is a lot cheaper than most RE's, total I think it came to $17,000ish

Treated 2016
We decided to start with IUI with Femara and injectables (Follistim). I was 38 at the time with a decent antral follicle count, and Dr. Amols expected to get 3-5 mature follicles. I didn't respond as expected and only got 2 follicles, and the cycle was unsuccessful. For our second IUI, we increased the Follistim by more than double, yet still only got 2 follicles, and unsuccessful. Due to my poor response to the meds, Dr. Amols suggested we move onto IVF to increase our chances, rather than spending so much for Follistim on IUI cycles.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is compassionate and truly cares about you and wants you to be successful. He and his wife went through infertility themselves, so he really "gets it" and understands the struggle. He performed every ultrasound, test and procedure himself, even on the weekends. Being the only doctor in the practice (at the time, anyway) meant he didn't take sick days - unfortunately that meant he was doing my HSG while he had a cold, without wearing a mask. I have a weak immune system and always catch bugs, so that was disconcerting for me.
To have patience! When I was seeing Dr. Amols in 2016, he was the only doctor in the practice, and since he was doing all the ultrasounds and procedures, sometimes the wait in the lobby was lengthy. His practice has only gotten busier since then. I tried to remind myself that he was back there giving someone his undivided attention, and that I would get the same level of attention when it was finally my turn.
Dr. Amols spent a lot of time with us at our consult, and put together a plan that was tailored to our situation and what level of treatment we were comfortable with. His approach was not "cookie cutter" in any way.
The nurses were kind, and very personable and positive in their small talk during blood draws.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
At the time of my treatment in 2016, the front desk staff and office manager were very difficult to communicate with or get information from. Eventually it got to the point where I had to physically go to the office and harass them in person to get the information I needed. I had a particularly bad experience with the office manager Susan, who is Dr. Amols' sister, regarding my insurance coverage and financial obligations. The practice has exploded since then, and I've heard that it is even more difficult to work with them now, so new patients should educate themselves on what questions to ask, what to expect, so that they can keep on top of office staff for clerical issues. Dr. Amols and the nursing staff were always great, I can't say enough good things about Dr. A himself, but the difficulties with the office were the top reason why I ended up switching to another clinic.
Many of the initial testing and ultrasounds were considered diagnostic and covered by insurance, but all the medications and IUI procedures were out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
When we decided to move on to IVF, we had a financial consultation with Susan, where she provided a document detailing our insurance coverage and what we would be expected to pay. After 3 months of diet/supplementation prep, and about to spend a fortune on IVF meds, I called my insurance company to make sure everything was lined up, and was informed that they did NOT in fact cover New Direction. My insurance company also stated that they had conveyed the denial to NDF several weeks before. This was 2 weeks before our protocol was supposed to start, so shame on me for not following rule #1 and verifying the insurance information NDF provided. The biggest shock was when I called Susan to discuss and ask why they hadn't informed me of the insurance denial, and her reasoning was that Dr. A didn't believe that patients should be limited by insurance which was why his prices were so affordable. Which is all well and good, but they were going to let me proceed with an expensive procedure that they knew wouldn't be covered by insurance, sticking me with a bill that would be far more expensive than the deductible/out of pocket max that I was prepared to pay. I switched clinics, and then had a very difficult time getting my records transferred to my new clinic. Eventually I had to go to the office in person to push them to transfer records, and Susan gave me grief for "leaving" them for another clinic. I was beyond disappointed, I was devastated by how things went down.
Treated 2015 - 2016
I can tell he [Dr. Amols] takes great pride in his work and work ethic and you can tell he genuinely cares about wanting to give people the opportunity to make their families complete. ... He was so good at the egg retrieval that I didn't even have any discomfort after the procedure was completed. ... And he adjusted my dosage according to how I progressed by looking at the ultrasound instead of just using a set dosage regardless of how I was progressing.
The advertised price of $4800 was exactly what we paid. That of course didn't include the medications ... And I love how their [New Direction Fertility Centers] embryo freezing is done individually instead of a batch.. so they won't lose temperature if they're grabbing one out from the rest. ... They are very well mannered and helpful. If they aren't sure if something, they always ask Dr. Amols and get back to me right away. Even if it was the tiniest, most mundane question, they'll answer with a smile and reassure me everything is ok.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I enjoyed my visits with Dr. Amols immensely. I can tell he takes great pride in his work and work ethic and you can tell he genuinely cares about wanting to give people the opportunity to make their families complete. He was very easy to talk to, candid but respectful, and always has a smile on his face. He was so good at the egg retrieval that I didn't even have any discomfort after the procedure was completed. Also, he was very gentle when it came to any trans-vaginal ultrasounds and even catheter insertions for the embryo transfer.
Because Dr. Amols has such good reviews, outcomes, and price point, the wait times to get in to see him will be a long wait. If you want to go to his practice, book sooner than later.
I had a lot of panic as well as feeling of defeat plus exhaustion physically, mentally, and emotionally. I knew a lot was riding on this IVF attempt with Dr. Amols because it will be our last try. Dr. Amols eased my stress by being extremely cheerful and upbeat, being very informative of every step and actually did every single sonogram at every visit. The most memorable part was how proactively he still kept seeing me until being 8 weeks pregnant as I had a massive bleeding scare towards the end of 6 weeks. Turned out I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. He got me to come into to office every other day so I can check up on the baby, see and hear his heart beat, and see him wiggle about. And he'd measure the subchorionic hemorrhage each time and tell me exactly how much it is healing to lessen my anxiety. The fact that his office is open 7 days a week (special by-appointment times during weekends) made me feel like he truly cared. Because he knows that the body will do what the body does at any given time of the day of the week and it won't just stick to a Mon-Fri schedule.
I can't entirely remember what protocol was used, however I remember that the injectibles he ordered was the pen injection for Gonal-F and that was extremely convenient. And he adjusted my dosage according to how I progressed by looking at the ultrasound instead of just using a set dosage regardless of how I was progressing.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is absolutely amazing. It is bright, clear, clean, and warm at the same time. I was brought around for a tour of the clinic and was blown away with their equipment and their attention to detail. They even have specialized air filter system to optimize a sterile work condition. And I love how their embryo freezing is done individually instead of a batch.. so they won't lose temperature if they're grabbing one out from the rest.
Dr. Amols monitors as needed aborting to how the body behaves. So if that means he needs to see me on the weekends, he will come and do the ultrasound personally on the weekend. It was amazing!! I didn't feel like just another patient with a number.
The advertised price of $4800 was exactly what we paid. That of course didn't include the medications, however we expected that.
Dr. Amols practices responsible embryo transfer approach. He will not transfer more than 3 to avoid mass multiples.
Treated 2016
$500 - IUI plus the cost of medications...Everything is done at this clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers]. It has all of latest technology and equipment available. All blood and semen samples are analyzed/processed on site in their lab. Dr. Amols works every single day. Dr. Amols said that's women's fertile time isn't just on Mondays through Fridays from 8am - 5 pm, it can happen at any time and he and his staff are available everyday to meet our needs. I went in on Memorial Day so that he could do an ultrasound and check my follicles. It's very convenient for anyone to be seen at this clinic.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Mark Amols is very empathetic to our situation. He has been very patient and supportive while waiting to treat us. I am anovulatory and Dr. Amols treated me for a couple of months before we could actually start our first treatment. I had a few cysts on my ovaries that needed to be cleared up before beginning treatment. We just had our first IUI last week. I have dealt with many doctors throughout my life and I have never met a doctor who is as concerned with his patients as Dr. Amols. We feel truly privileged to be under his treatment and are optimistic that he will be able to help us get pregnant. Dr. Mark Amols embodies the word -passionate- with his work.
Be patient and trust that Dr. Amols will do everything he can to help you get pregnant.
Dr.Mark Amols has been genuinely concerned with helping us get pregnant. He has thoroughly evaluated our fertility situation and has presented us with all of our options. He is always available to answer any questions we have and makes us feel like we are his only patients.
Dr. Amols suggested we begin with the least invasive form of treatment, an IUI. He suggested this because we were able to get pregnant on our own about 4 months before seeing him, just by taking Clomid. The pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. All of this occurred before seeing Dr. Amols. His rational was that if we were able to get pregnant only by taking Clomid, we should not have too much trouble getting pregnant again using IUI and improving our chances.
The nursing staff is very knowledgeable on fertility issues and treatments. They execute Dr. Amols' orders very efficiently and are sympathetic to our situation.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Everything is done at this clinic. It has all of latest technology and equipment available. All blood and semen samples are analyzed/processed on site in their lab. Dr. Amols works every single day. Dr. Amols said that's women's fertile time isn't just on Mondays through Fridays from 8am - 5 pm, it can happen at any time and he and his staff are available everyday to meet our needs. I went in on Memorial Day so that he could do an ultrasound and check my follicles. It's very convenient for anyone to be seen at this clinic.
$500 - IUI plus the cost of medications