U. of Arizona

1760 E Pecos Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85295
480-351-8222

Treated 2016 - 2018
He [Dr. Mark Amols] is a nice guy but has a tremendous ego. He did not take my questions or concerns seriously and was incredibly defensive when I questioned him about anything. Though I felt he was a good doctor, I found him to be very condensending.... I think Dr Amols knows what he is doing but I just feel that he is trying to treat too many patients and that he does really listen to his patients. He is absolutely convinced he knows what is best for every woman.
Susan [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was great explaining everything financial. The office is lovely and very clean and updated. I believe the lab has updated equipment. ... Also it was incredibly stressful not to ever have a good overview of the process or know exactly what was coming next. I really was just a number here.... The total for one round with pgs was about $7,000
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is a nice guy but has a tremendous ego. He did not take my questions or concerns seriously and was incredibly defensive when I questioned him about anything. Though I felt he was a good doctor, I found him to be very condensending.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Everything was not explained well at all. My questions were rarely answered. I was asked to use some app to contact all office staff including the doctor. They did not even get to many of my questions.
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at New Direction Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
Microsose lupron protocol. Trigger shot was half dose.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Direction Fertility Centers.
They were all way to busy.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Susan was great explaining everything financial. The office is lovely and very clean and updated. I believe the lab has updated equipment. It was easy to get to and close to my work. I think Dr Amols knows what he is doing but I just feel that he is trying to treat too many patients and that he does really listen to his patients. He is absolutely convinced he knows what is best for every woman. Also it was incredibly stressful not to ever have a good overview of the process or know exactly what was coming next. I really was just a number here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers.
The total for one round with pgs was about $7,000
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr Amols was wonderful. He took time to fully explain any issues we had and was open and honest during the entire process even when it was bad news. I always felt like I could call if I had a question... egg retrieval, human growth hormone, acupuncture (recommended a place), all other standard injectibles. I'm sorry, I don't remember much more. it was all a blur.
The nursing staff [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was always friendly and knowledgeable. I never felt like they were in a rush and they always took time to answer email questions.... The only weakness was that sometimes the front desk staff was not great at communicating what happens next - next appt, calling back, etc. But, they were in a transition period with new staff so I'm sure that's all that was.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
To come in to your initial appointment open minded.
He remembered us each time we came in and had an open and honest, compassionate bedside manner.
The nursing staff was always friendly and knowledgeable. I never felt like they were in a rush and they always took time to answer email questions.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
reasonable compared to other nearby clinics.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Said he would not to more than 2 in a transfer unless there were very specific concerns about the transfer not taking.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Just some poor communication from staff. But, again, during a period of large growth in the clinic so likely due to new staff.
Treated 2017
We appreciated how honest and up front Dr. Amols was with us. He helped us understand the importance of the procedure and that it may not work. He didn't get our hopes up but kept us hopeful.... He tells it like it is. But in this situation you don't need anything sugar-coated so it is the best way. He's also caring and personal with each of his patients.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers-Gilbert] was clean. I loved that everything could be taken care of at the facility. Except an added procedure that I had to have done at a hospital. It was very far from my home- that is my only complaint. But I'd travel that far for this facility again.... Everything is paid for separately but you can pay for a grouping of procedures if you think you'll need more than one egg retrieval.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
We appreciated how honest and up front Dr. Amols was with us. He helped us understand the importance of the procedure and that it may not work. He didn't get our hopes up but kept us hopeful. I felt confident with his skills and trusted him to do whatever needed to get us pregnant.
I felt that Dr. Amols and his staff took time with me at each of my appointments. They made me feel comfortable, answered questions and helped guide me during the process
They were welcoming and friendly. Made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic was clean. I loved that everything could be taken care of at the facility. Except an added procedure that I had to have done at a hospital. It was very far from my home- that is my only complaint. But I'd travel that far for this facility again.
Dr. Amols would only transfer two- at most- embryos. He had me and my potential babies' health at the top of his priority
Treated 2016
Dr. Amols is a person who makes sure you are well taken care of and that the outcome of having a child is possible. He got to know me and my spouse and he always remember us by sight and things we talked about. He is very personable and told his story of infertility also. Hearing is story made me feel so confident that we would have a child also...My first transfer was not successful, so he scratched the surface of my uterus and then did another transfer. The second transfer was successful
They [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] were always so helpful and passionate just like Dr. Amols. They always answered all of my questions no matter how silly they may have been...The clinic is very well managed. It is a very strong office with so much positivity and happiness all around. When you walk in the door the front office greets you right away with a smile. I don’t not feel the office has any weaknesses...Around 10,000 including my medications
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Trust in Dr. Amols he will help you one way or another.
Dr. Amols is extremely passionate and caring. He made me feel very confident that we were going to conceive a child without any issues. He explained everything so clearly. He is by far the most amazing fertility doctor.
They were always so helpful and passionate just like Dr. Amols. They always answered all of my questions no matter how silly they may have been.
Around 10,000 including my medications
Treated 2016
Dr Amols forms a personal connection from day 1. He shares his own experience with infertility and talks about WHY he does what he does.... He is very smart, but can sometimes seem blunt, or quick. This is just because he’s very busy! He will still make you feel like the only patient that matters.... Dr Amols is amazing. He is extremely knowledgeable and good at what he does! He is extremely compassionate and that shows in his manner, as well as his pricing. He believes that cost should never be a reason for someone to not be able to have a baby. We loved our experience with him!
Front desk staff [at New Direction Fertility Centers-Gilbert] is nice, billing is a little disorganized. However, they have a new patient communication system that is great and convenient, much better than having to call and try to reach someone.... Nursing staff was amazing! Very helpful and knowledgeable and always willing to answer any and all questions you may have.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Darcy )
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Front desk staff is nice, billing is a little disorganized. However, they have a new patient communication system that is great and convenient, much better than having to call and try to reach someone.
All of the pricing is located on the website. They help you order meds from Europe so they’re cheaper. Our round of IVF cost 4800 and meds were around 3000. Embryo storage is 500 a year.
Treated 2016
Dr. Amols saw me at every appointment and was very thorough. He made sure we understood all that was happening and didn’t make us feel pressured or rushed.... He is very sympathetic to couples struggles trying to conceive. He tries to make the process as easy as possible even though no one really wants to be there. He is also affordable because he believes doctors shouldn’t take advantage of couples who can’t conceive.
The doctor is amazing! His support staff [New Direction Fertility Center] is not quite as competent but as long as you ask questions and follow up with them when necessary it’ll be fine. I did have to make several calls to make sure things were happening but it was worth it for the Affordable office.... Ivf with ICSI and PGS testing $8100... They [nurses] were all very nice and supportive but it was a little chaotic at times.... Dr. Amols saw me at every appointment and was very thorough.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Trust him throughout the process.
They were all very nice and supportive but it was a little chaotic at times.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The doctor is amazing! His support staff is not quite as competent but as long as you ask questions and follow up with them when necessary it’ll be fine. I did have to make several calls to make sure things were happening but it was worth it for the Affordable office.
Ivf with ICSI and PGS testing $8100
We discussed implanting two embryos to give us the best chance of at least one sticking since we had many losses. He discussed the strategy but also advised we could have twins - which we did and we were thrilled!!
Treated 2016
Mark Amols is the kind of Dr anyone, is think, would dream of having. Not only was he professional and intelligent, he made me and my husband feel comfortable and confident. He took the time to explain anything we didn't understand without seeming inconvenienced.... I was on estradiol, menopur and gonal f. I wasn't reacting to the gonal f liked he hoped, so he adjusted my dosage every time I saw him according to what I needed.
[New Direction Fertility Centers-Gilbert is] Organized, clean, open - meaning space wise. They don't hid any procedures. You can even see the lab which I love.... Personable and knowledgeable is the best way to describe every nurse I came into contact with.... One time I had an appointment scheduled for a follow up, but never got a confirmation call. So I called to confirm and I wasn't on the schedule. But they were able to correct it and still get me in on the same day.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He remembered me and my situation at every appointment. He leveled with me on the good and the bad. And he didn't make me feel rushed during appointments.
I can't recall specifics, but I was on estradiol, menopur and gonal f. I wasn't reacting to the gonal f liked he hoped, so he adjusted my dosage every time I saw him according to what I needed.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I paid maybe $1000 out of pocket because I had insurance coverage.
No comments other than he allowed us to transfer 2, untested embryos with no hesitation.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Lovely and warm. Very busy. Very optimistic and very personally involved with every aspect of care. Even answers the phones on the weekend sometimes. I would recommend him [Dr. Amols] to friends and family. Almost I beleievably optimistic, so we’ll see how that turns out! ... 3 egg retreival using gonal and menopur with a lupron start and birth co tell before hand to time the cycle. Added hgh the second and third cycles.
A very busy place [New Direction Fertility Centers], but top notch. ... Easy to find. Sometime smeds are explained pretty quickly, and the whole thing is complicated, so their texting comma system can be less than ideal. But usually they get back to you very quickly. ... Can’t say enough good things about them. They were professional and also felt like dear friends by the end.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Lovely and warm. Very busy. Very optimistic and very personally involved with every aspect of care. Even answers the phones on the weekend sometimes. I would recommend him to friends and family. Almost I beleievably optimistic, so we’ll see how that turns out!
Whole office is warm attentive and lovely
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie and Nicole )
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
A very busy place, but top notch. Clean and professional with all of the latest equipment. Easy to find. Sometime smeds are explained pretty quickly, and the whole thing is complicated, so their texting comma system can be less than ideal. But usually they get back to you very quickly.
5,000 for everything but medications and pgs testing
Gilbert
[Dr. Amols] Made me feel like I was the only one being treated at his office... MR amols has always been very respectful and made me feel like infertility is not a bad thing. Very helpful and understanding. And the thing I love the best is how personal he is and how comfortable I feel going into his office... Lots of tests. If you know what you want to do he is very supportive of that as well... The clinic [New Direction] is absolutely beautiful and clean and modern
Strengths are getting you in and out andswering your questions. The clinic [New Direction] is absolutely beautiful and clean and modern. Spared no expense. One thing that I don't like is how long it takes to get an appt for an evaluation... [Nurse] Always helpful and answer my questions promptly. Never make me feel dumb for asking.... And the thing I love the best is how personal he [Dr. Amols] is and how comfortable I feel going into his office
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Go in with an open attitude
Made me feel like I was the only one being treated at his office
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths are getting you in and out andswering your questions. The clinic is absolutely beautiful and clean and modern. Spared no expense. One thing that I don't like is how long it takes to get an appt for an evaluation
Very competitive!
Haven't gotten to that point yet
Gilbert
So kind. Explains things well. Extremely knowledgeable. [Dr. Amols] Has experienced infertility himself so is very relatable. Has a sense of humor that makes you feel at ease, but also gets to the point and tells it like it is. He makes you feel like he truly wants the bes for you.... Extremely personable. Remembered my job after one meeting. Jokes around but is also professional and informative.
Weaknesses-front desk staff [New Direction Fertility Centers] can be aloof at times. Some communication issues between front desk and lab. Strengths-staff makes you feel like you’re part of a community/family. They share your excitement.... Maggie was very laid back and reassuring. She knows her stuff and explained things very well.... IVF with ICSI-6000, sedation for retrieval-300, various labs/scans-about 800. We are paying out of pocket.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
So kind. Explains things well. Extremely knowledgeable. Has experienced infertility himself so is very relatable. Has a sense of humor that makes you feel at ease, but also gets to the point and tells it like it is. He makes you feel like he truly wants the bes for you.
Relax-you’re in good hands.
Antagonist meds. ICSI. Frozen transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie )
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Weaknesses-front desk staff can be aloof at times. Some communication issues between front desk and lab. Strengths-staff makes you feel like you’re part of a community/family. They share your excitement.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
No call on semen analysis results. However they were discussed during our follow up.
Gilbert
I am getting ready too use Dr. Amols for my 3rd ivf cycle my first with him, so far I’ve had a great experience he is knowledgeable and kind. He has been through infertility so I think that makes him more compassionate. He really cares he isn’t just in this for the money.... We are getting my eggs ready for a ivf cycle so right now I am on Metformin since I have insulin resistance I am on 1500 mg... It took me 6 months too get my first appointment it was frustrating but I am glad I waited.
It took me 6 months too get my first appointment it was frustrating but I am glad I waited. Everyone [New Direction Fertility Centers] is kind and knowledgeable. I feel like they care vs just being treated as a patient x. They are helpful for people who are paying out of pocket on ways too save money and their prices are lower. I feel like the main goal is too help people have the families they want vs just making money.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
The wait too get a appointment is long but it’s worth the wait.
He is very friendly and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie)
She is friendly and knowledgeable. She answers all emails promptly.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It took me 6 months too get my first appointment it was frustrating but I am glad I waited. Everyone is kind and knowledgeable. I feel like they care vs just being treated as a patient x. They are helpful for people who are paying out of pocket on ways too save money and their prices are lower. I feel like the main goal is too help people have the families they want vs just making money.

Treated 2016
He [Dr. Amols] sat down and spent time talking to us and did not act like he was in a hurry. He also answered and addressed questions and concerns without acting like it was an inconvenience...was absolutely amazing! He even called me at home to go over my husband's seman analysis instead of making us go in for another appointment. He was kind, compassionate, caring and had wonderful bedside manner.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Center] was organized, clean, and had a great atmosphere. Everyone was kind, caring, professional, and compassionate. They all made the whole process so much easier than the other clinics I had been to previously. Honestly the only issue I ever had was that I couldn't pay my bill online...They [nurses] were all super professional, helpful, caring and compassionate.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was absolutely amazing! He even called me at home to go over my husband's seman analysis instead of making us go in for another appointment. He was kind, compassionate, caring and had wonderful bedside manner.
Expect him to be forthcoming and not sugar coat everything.
He sat down and spent time talking to us and did not act like he was in a hurry. He also answered and addressed questions and concerns without acting like it was an inconvenience.
I honestly only remember that we induced my cycle and used clomid and one other medication.
They were all super professional, helpful, caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic was organized, clean, and had a great atmosphere. Everyone was kind, caring, professional, and compassionate. They all made the whole process so much easier than the other clinics I had been to previously. Honestly the only issue I ever had was that I couldn't pay my bill online.
Insurance covered some of our treatment. I don't remember what portion was ours
Treated 2016
He [Dr. Mark Amols] knows infertility as a doctor and as a dad. So he gets it. He is very understanding and kind. He doesn’t beat around the bush. I’ve seen many doctors and dr amols is so knowledgeable and if he doesn’t know an answer to something he will research and find out!... He spent adequate time at every appointment making sure I understood things and if I was worried about something he made sure to cover why and how things work.
Front desk [at New Direction] could use some work. No one really seemed to have answers to simple questions. Beautiful office Wait times were the best I’d ever seen! I think only once I had to wait for a long time. Everyone is kind. I think there needs to be a better system for giving out the same information for simple questions.... Everyone was kind but I felt like no one really knew what was happening with my personalized care.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He knows infertility as a doctor and as a dad. So he gets it. He is very understanding and kind. He doesn’t beat around the bush. I’ve seen many doctors and dr amols is so knowledgeable and if he doesn’t know an answer to something he will research and find out!
Didn’t see the same every time. Everyone was kind but I felt like no one really knew what was happening with my personalized care.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Front desk could use some work. No one really seemed to have answers to simple questions. Beautiful office Wait times were the best I’d ever seen! I think only once I had to wait for a long time. Everyone is kind. I think there needs to be a better system for giving out the same information for simple questions.
$4700 bass. No meds or extra appointments included.
He didn’t care, just no more than 2.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Amols [of New Direction Fertiity Centers] is the best doctor I've had contact with (I work in healthcare). He is caring, warm, funny and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anybody....Don't be afraid to ask questions. He takes his time to answer them all and explains everything thoroughly....I was on an antagonist protocol. I have PCOS and responded well. 23 eggs retrieved, 21 mature, 21 fertilized....$4800 for IVF including ICSI and 6 months of embryo storage
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is the best doctor I've had contact with (I work in healthcare). He is caring, warm, funny and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anybody.
Dr. Amols and his staff are all so caring and patient. He never makes me feel rushed and has a wonderful bedside manner.
$4800 for IVF including ICSI and 6 months of embryo storage
Treated 2016
I did a couple rounds of clomid and timed intercourse [with Dr. Mark Amols]. No results. Clomid dosage was increased with trigger shot for IUI. Negative result...Dr.Amols made everything less scary...Very passionate and personable. Relatable...so compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. Him and his wife struggled with infertility so he is able to empathize. He talked to us for over an hour and well past business hours and didn't make us feel like we were taking up his time.
I don't have 1 negative thing to say about the office [New Direction Fertility Centers]. I'm so glad I found them. Dr.Amols made everything less scary and him and his staff are extremely professional. They are also affordable compared to other places...I did a couple rounds of clomid and timed intercourse. No results. Clomid dosage was increased with trigger shot for IUI. Negative result...Dr.amols is so compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. Him and his wife struggled with infertility so he is able to empathize. He talked to us for over an hour and well past business hours and didn't make us feel like we were taking up his time.
Very passionate and personable. Relatable
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I don't have 1 negative thing to say about the office. I'm so glad I found them. Dr.Amols made everything less scary and him and his staff are extremely professional. They are also affordable compared to other places.
Treated 2012 - 2013
Personal, compassionate. Excellent. Needs better understanding of bIlling issues but great overall....One big incident. Lab results weren't reviewed timely. When I went in for uterine resection surgery, I was informed that in addition to my septated uterus, I also had a balanced translocation, which changed the course of my treatment significantly. The surgery was canceled and rescheduled while I debated how to move forward.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Excellent. Needs better understanding of bIlling issues but great overall.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Check your insurance coverage
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Personal, compassionate
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Accessible.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Smaller, comfortable
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Testing was covered. Any treatments were out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health
Chandler (closed)
Dr Amols was kind and always greeted me and my husband with a smile and a good conversation. He also looked up our ethnicity and asked us more about it on our next appointment which was cool. He was kind and made sure we were taken care of either by him or his nurses. ... I took medicine for egg retrieval, then I had all my polyps removed. ... Dr Amols believe you have a better chance with two embryo transfer then with one.
They [nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] were always around and ready to help. Dr Amols has a great staff of nurses and they were all female nurses. ... My total cost was under $10,000-$12,000 for ivf. I was given enough time to save for each procedures. Egg retrieval medicine was about under $2,500. Ivf without genetic testing was about $5,200, if I can remember with genetic testing it’s about $7,200. Everything was covered once you paid for ivf, meaning the visits and ultrasound, blood work. I had good insurance too.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
My husband and I never thought we could afford ivf treatments. My friend recommended Dr. Amols to me and I looked him up and got some info on him. My last two doctors I felt more like a number and I was always going home lost and confused because I had little information on what was going on with me other then ivf is the only answer. Dr Amols was kind and always greeted me and my husband with a smile and a good conversation. He also looked up our ethnicity and asked us more about it on our next appointment which was cool. He was kind and made sure we were taken care of either by him or his nurses.
If you have questions ask away, they are more then happy to help you. You won’t regret going to Dr. Amols. His goal is your goal.
Dr. Amols and his wife had the same experience with fertility treatments Ames he knows how it’s is like. It’s nice to know that he knows what we are going through. Each visit he will make conversation work you as if he knew you already. You always feel welcome
I took medicine for egg retrieval, then I had all my polyps removed. After a month and a period later I had my transfer in December 16, 2019. We had two embryos transferred. It took I think about 6 months for egg retrieval, polyp removal and embryo transfer and I am pregnant with twins.
They were always around and ready to help. Dr Amols has a great staff of nurses and they were all female nurses.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr Amols sees allot of patients. You may have to wait awhile for an appointment but I was lucky to have gotten in a month later. I didn’t mind the wait. I used that time to save and prepare myself. I promise you it was worth it.
Dr Amols believe you have a better chance with two embryo transfer then with one. I have a friend who did two transfer with two embryos and her first pregnancy resulted in only both sucking but one survived then her second transfer was the same result. I did two and I am pregnant with twins. My husband and I are ok with that because this is our first pregnancy since we have been married for 8 years. I agree 2 embryo transfer will give you a better chance to get pregnant then to do a single transfer
Treated 2017
My embryos didn’t get sent for PGS testing initially but when the mistake was noticed, Dr Amols calmed me personally to apologize and answer questions about next steps...was present at every appointment and knew my story. I never had to remind him who I was or where I was in the process... truly cares about his patients...he remembers their story, he gets to know them, and he wants to provide each and every one of them with the best possible care.
Everyone at New Direction was friendly and helpful!... Despite paying much less than everywhere else in the valley, you will get excellent care from an amazing group of people! Dr. Amols personally sees to it that prices are kept low so treatment is obtainable for more women...The nurses are all wonderful, they are all extremely friendly, caring and knowledgeable. They work hard at New Direction - they work on Saturdays, Sundays, and even holidays to accommodate their patient's needs!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
The care I have received at New Direction has been nothing but top-notch. Dr. Amols truly cares about his patients...he remembers their story, he gets to know them, and he wants to provide each and every one of them with the best possible care. I loved that Dr. Amols was at every appointment, it gave me such confidence that things were on the right path because it was coming right from him. Dr Amols works hard - he works on Saturdays, Sundays, and even holidays to accommodate their patient's needs! There is a saying "you get what you pay for" - this is not the case at New Direction! At New Direction, you get the best price in town AND the best care! Despite paying much less than everywhere else in the valley, you will get excellent care from an amazing group of people! Dr. Amols personally sees to it that prices are kept low so treatment is obtainable for more women. Thank you, Dr. Amols, for helping making dreams a reality!
Make an appointment now! Ok, now that you have picked the best doctor my only advice would be to make an appointment with the financial person so you can get the full run-down of costs, insurance, etc. It’s no fun to get a “surprise” bill when you are also feeling all hormonal :)
Dr Amols was present at every appointment and knew my story. I never had to remind him who I was or where I was in the process. Everyone at New Direction was friendly and helpful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth )
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The care I have received at New Direction has been nothing but top-notch. This is the climate of the whole place, everyone who works at New Direction puts the patients first. The lab, surgery room, and patient rooms are all in perfect condition with state of the art equipment. They even have little "suites" where you can get ready for procedures (IVF retrieval/transfer). The suites provide a calm place, with a lovely view, to wait before your procedure.
Best prices in town! $750 for IUI and $5000 for IVF
Treated 2017
He [Dr. Mark Amols] didn’t take us through IUI because he knew that would be a waste of our money. We went straight to IVF and were successful firs round. Both embryos implanted and resulted in live births...He’s busy because he’s that good and he personally monitors your progress...We were shooting for egg retrieval for a frozen cycle because he explained that that works best for PCOS patients. We had to stim a little longer because my follicles were slightly slower to grow but all in all retrieved 39 eggs, resulting in 10 embryos, of which 5 were genetically normal. Two of the genetically normal male embryos were implanted on May 24th, 2017 and were born on January 10th, 2018.
The nurses [at New Direction Fertility Centers] were great but you’re really working with the doctor more than anyone else...The IVF process was only $6-7k but with the added expense of the medications involved, our total cost was just over $12k for one cycle...He placed a cap on two embryos as the chance for multiples was high. Both implanted...Understand that he [Dr. Amols] is the sole doctor seeing every patient. It’s not like other clinics where you’re written off for a medical assistant to guide you through your treatment. His entire staff really is a great team and you get the care from him that you should.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He was great. His practice is wonderful, and having gone through infertility himself with his wife, he understands the emotional roller coaster infertility and trying to conceive are. He’s just wonderful. The only downside is that he’s so busy and he’s so busy because he is THAT good. He didn’t take us through IUI because he knew that would be a waste of our money. We went straight to IVF and were successful firs round. Both embryos implanted and resulted in live births.
Call now. Book your appointment now. He’s busy because he’s that good and he personally monitors your progress. He’ll get you your baby. He’ll go above and beyond to make it happen.
He was very warm. We worked directly with him. We were not seen by any medical assistants. He was there every step of the way, despite being extremely busy. I think that man must put in several hundred hours a week trying to get ladies pregnant. He’s wonderful.
I think my treatment was agonist protocol. We were shooting for egg retrieval for a frozen cycle because he explained that that works best for PCOS patients. We had to stim a little longer because my follicles were slightly slower to grow but all in all retrieved 39 eggs, resulting in 10 embryos, of which 5 were genetically normal. Two of the genetically normal male embryos were implanted on May 24th, 2017 and were born on January 10th, 2018.
The nurses were great but you’re really working with the doctor more than anyone else.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It takes time. Amols puts in a lot of hours because he cares about his patients. He’ll do whatever it takes to get you pregnant. Understand that he is the sole doctor seeing every patient. It’s not like other clinics where you’re written off for a medical assistant to guide you through your treatment. His entire staff really is a great team and you get the care from him that you should.
The majority of the cost came from purchasing medications. The IVF process was only $6-7k but with the added expense of the medications involved, our total cost was just over $12k for one cycle.
He left it up to us. He placed a cap on two embryos as the chance for multiples was high. Both implanted.
Treated 2012 - 2013
Dr. Amols came up with a great plan according to what we could afford and what methods we did or did not want to use to treat our infertility. I knew wholeheartedly that he does what he does to help people get pregnant, not for the money. He is good at what he does medically, but still makes it a personal experience.... He really cares about his patients, always remembered me and my husband, had conversations dressed and in his office instead of an exam room. he also shared personal experiences to help me relate and see him as a person as well (you can tell he was a nurse before he became a doctor).
I don't really recall the nurses [at AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] except for drawing my blood or being present as a chaparone for US. Most of my interaction was with the doctor. I did not have any complaints about the nurses though.... We used clomid and then did 2 FSH injections after an ultrasound to help the follicles grow. We then went in for IUI, but the 1st time my ovulation fell on Thanksgiving and the office he was working at was closed, so we went the following day. I feel (after tracking my own ovulation for years) that we missed that ovulation. The following month, it was going to land on Christmas, so we did clomid and intercourse alone that month. The following month we did Clomid and 2 injections of Menopur, had the IUI on the correct day and got pregnant with our twin boys.
Share with him your thoughts and feelings. He really does listen to them.
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
I answered these questions positively, but I don't really recall the nurses except for drawing my blood or being present as a chaparone for US. Most of my interaction was with the doctor. I did not have any complaints about the nurses though.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I did not go to New Direction. I went to the clinic Dr Amols worked at before he opened this clinic. I do know that he opened this clinic because the one he worked for was ALL about the money and he didn't agree with that.
I do not recall, but I do remember that he did what he could to help keep treatment affordable.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
No experience with this
Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health
Treated 2020
As a patient I think mark [Amols] is great. He’s very sympathetic considering he’s been through infertility also so he had compassion for what he does. ... 300 gonal f, 75 menopur, birth control leading up to retrieval, centritide, and novarel for trigger. Second retrieval he upped the menopur to 150, gonal still 300, added in Omnitrope for egg quality, novarel and centritide
Strengths [of New Direction Fertility Centers] are cleanliness, friendly, good prices, and knowledgeable doctor. Weaknesses are busy, so have to look after yourself somewhat, and communication but again they have a lot to take on especially right now ... The clinic is just very busy so he [Dr. Amols] tries his best to be personal with everyone ... I was an out of state patient so this was extremely stressful however this is my own fault and responsibilities that I took on
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
As a patient I think mark is great. He’s very sympathetic considering he’s been through infertility also so he had compassion for what he does. The clinic is just very busy so he tries his best to be personal with everyone
Mark is great, however new direction is extremely busy so they take longer to get back to and you have to somewhat look after yourself and be your own advocate
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths are cleanliness, friendly, good prices, and knowledgeable doctor. Weaknesses are busy, so have to look after yourself somewhat, and communication but again they have a lot to take on especially right now
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New Direction Fertility Centers.
IVF is not cheap, it’s very pricey regardless of where you go, but the staff at new direction truly did try their best to accommodate you
He does not mind doing 1 or 2, however we only have 2 so want to play it safe and do one at a time
Gilbert
He [Dr. Mark Amols] was very caring and spent the time to make we sure we understood everything. He shared his own journey with infertility...Overall very confident doctor. One incicdent of miscommunication that was difficult. He made us feel like we mattered and that the outcome mattered to his entire staff. The ease of seeing him and the quickness of test results were much appreciated...Listen carefully, write down what you are told for future reference.
Most of the staff [at New Direction Fertility Centers] was very kind and helpful. There was some miscommunication on what testing I had actually had done and that created some confusion and frustration...My femara was not called in so it was necessary for me to call the clinic after hours and then it was taken care of...He [Dr. Mark Amols] was very caring and spent the time to make we sure we understood everything. He shared his own journey with infertility.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Listen carefully, write down what you are told for future reference.
He was very caring and spent the time to make we sure we understood everything. He shared his own journey with infertility.
Most of the staff was very kind and helpful. There was some miscommunication on what testing I had actually had done and that created some confusion and frustration.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It is important to be informed and active in your own fertility journey. Have hope and believe in your body's ability to figure this out. Utilize fully all that New Direction offers and be aware of what they have to offer to help you.
Drugs 400.00 IUI 800
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Amols Cares for his patients, takes time to explain everything and is very honest... is different then the other drs I have seen. His care and upfront honesty is refreshing. He doesn’t make you feel rushed and takes time to explain whatever procedures you may need to go through. A lot of Drs want to push you into the most expensive thing and he will let you know your options and make your own choices...helped me look to see the reason for my failures in the past and was open to new protocols to achieve success
Most everything [at New Direction Fertility Centers] is great, communication is easy through the system to get my questions answered quickly. State of the art techology in the lab is amazing. Billing was a bit confusing at first but is improved...The nursing staff was caring and communicative...Dr Amols Cares for his patients, takes time to explain everything and is very honest... is different then the other drs I have seen. His care and upfront honesty is refreshing. He doesn’t make you feel rushed and takes time to explain whatever procedures you may need to go through.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is different then the other drs I have seen. His care and upfront honesty is refreshing. He doesn’t make you feel rushed and takes time to explain whatever procedures you may need to go through. A lot of Drs want to push you into the most expensive thing and he will let you know your options and make your own choices.
Many take time to get in for an appointment but it’s worth the wait
Dr Amols helped me look to see the reason for my failures in the past and was open to new protocols to achieve success
The nursing staff was caring and communicative
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Most everything is great, communication is easy through the system to get my questions answered quickly. State of the art techology in the lab is amazing. Billing was a bit confusing at first but is improved.
Treated 2020
I have felt very secure and like my best interests were important To him [Dr. Amols]. I think he really wants everyone to achieve their dreams and wants to help them. I always felt that my questions and concerns were addressed. ... Dr A is so personable and take real consideration about you and your situation. He listens and takes as much time as you need.
They [New Direction Fertility Centers] have a very structured team who are all knowledgeable. They clinic is clean and comfortable. They are always willing to answer questions promptly on their app Klara. Weakness is Klara can be frustrating. ... They [nursing staff] were always very kind during appointments. ... FET transfer [$]2000, not including ultrasounds ...
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I have felt very secure and like my best interests were important To him. I think he really wants everyone to achieve their dreams and wants to help them. I always felt that my questions and concerns were addressed.
Don’t be afraid to take up his time.
They were always very kind during appointments.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They have a very structured team who are all knowledgeable. They clinic is clean and comfortable. They are always willing to answer questions promptly on their app Klara. Weakness is Klara can be frustrating.
FET transfer 2000, not including ultrasounds
Treated 2019 - 2020
Ivf [at New Direction Fertility Centers is] 5k...ICIS $500...1 year of storage $500...Strengths...The price is unbeatable...Lab results same day...Open 7 days a week...Personal attention...Pay close attention to detail...Great staff...Weaknesses...Long wait to get in but that just means it's worth waiting for!...I loved the little message app. They [nurses] were really good at answering my questions and if they didn't know the answer they'd ask dr Amols and get back to me...Don't be afraid to ask questions. He [Dr. Mark Amols] is more than happy to answer them...Instead of Novarel trigger shot it was changed to a lupron trigger shot (to prevent ohss) And an antibiotic ICIS, PGS, frozen day 5 Embryos...He has a great podcast you can listen to about his opinion on the real risks [of Eset]...I could tell he truly cared about my individual care. I was a tough one but he paid close attention to me and was familiar with my history....was my 3rd RE and I had the best experience. I was treated like an individual. He cared about my individual needs and gave me extra attention. He followed my lead and made sure I was comfortable with everything before moving to the next step. During the ivf process I was at a higher risk of developing OHSS so I was monitored every day and meds were adjusted and even with 67 follicles I didn't go into OHSS. He is just the best.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Going through infertility treatment is very stressful. Dr Amols was my 3rd RE and I had the best experience. I was treated like an individual. He cared about my individual needs and gave me extra attention. He followed my lead and made sure I was comfortable with everything before moving to the next step. During the ivf process I was at a higher risk of developing OHSS so I was monitored every day and meds were adjusted and even with 67 follicles I didn't go into OHSS. He is just the best.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is more than happy to answer them.
For ivf retrieval meds used: Gonal-f, Menopur, Cetrotide. Instead of Novarel trigger shot it was changed to a lupron trigger shot (to prevent ohss) And an antibiotic ICIS, PGS, frozen day 5 Embryos Transfer Meds used Antibiotic Estradiol Progesterone in Oil
I loved the little message app. They were really good at answering my questions and if they didn't know the answer they'd ask dr Amols and get back to me
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths The price is unbeatable Lab results same day Open 7 days a week Personal attention Pay close attention to detail Great staff Weaknesses Long wait to get in but that just means it's worth waiting for!
Ivf 5k PGS Biopsy $1200 (up to 8 $150 each additional Embryo) PGS testing $2000 (up to 8 $200 each additional Embryo) ICIS $500 1 year of storage $500
He has a great podcast you can listen to about his opinion on the real risks