U. of Arizona

1760 E Pecos Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85295
480-351-8222

Treated 2017 - 2020
one thing I am sure of is that Dr. Amols has our back. He will fight for us and be kind to us and allow us to continue to grow our family...I was so nervous coming off of our 1st miscarriage, I started crying during the transfer. Dr. Amols’ words in that moment to my husband and I assured us that we are doing everything right, and it’s not our faults...The day of our consult, I remember leaving with a plan. With a confidence I haven’t had before. I remember Dr. Amols writing on the back of a piece of paper how PCOS works and detailing the working of the body/hormones in such a way I finally understood it. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 14 and no one had ever taken this much time to explain it. I
They [the nurses at New Direction Fertility Centers] are great! They work very hard and care very much. This couldn’t be done without them!...IUIs were $750 meds were separate, this was a few years ago. IVF was around $6000...I would want a new patient to understand that they are so busy helping many many women become pregnant and that if it takes a few to respond then that’s okay. Though they do have a policy where they get back to everyone same day of sent though the portal and I absolutely love that. They have contacted me when I was having my miscarriage after hours when I messaged about bleeding and got me in the very next morning. They are attentive and know what they’re doing.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
There was a point in time when we first started seeking treatment where we were told getting pregnant would never happen - this was told to us by our previous fertility doctor. We were told to seek out donor egg and sperm, embryo adoption, and even adoption. I was looked over for not being the “ideal” fertility patient; plus size, PCOS, annovulation, plus extreme male infertility. I felt worthless. It was at that point when a friend had recommended Dr. Amols to us and was pregnant with her son because of him. We scheduled an appointment and from the moment we did we were so happy we made that decision. The day of our consult, I remember leaving with a plan. With a confidence I haven’t had before. I remember Dr. Amols writing on the back of a piece of paper how PCOS works and detailing the working of the body/hormones in such a way I finally understood it. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 14 and no one had ever taken this much time to explain it. I left feeling as though all of my questions were answered, and happy, but most importantly my faith and confidence were restored that day. After that we underwent 3 IUIs, all had failed. We believe this was due to poor sperm quality and count. But the positive out of the whole thing was that he finally got me to produce eggs and ovulate! None of which was possible before. He believed in small wins like that and so did we. We moved on to our egg retrieval next. He was at every follicle check and scan, counting the follicles. Continued to restore hope each appointment. I have no weakness for Dr. Amols. I truly believe he is the best doctor we have ever seen. And it is obviously true to who he is as a human because there is no way someone as busy as him can continue to be this great of a person to each patient every single day, at every single appointment. I also love that he remembers what we talk about during the appointment and I never have to repeat myself or remind him of what went on. He is always prepared.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I would advise a prospective patient to remind themselves that this doctor isn’t like the rest. Your questions will get answered. You will regain trust with your doctor again here. He does have your best interest in mind. And I would tell them to TRUST THE PROCESS. He does know what he is doing and you can count on him to keep you informed on every step. Most advise I see for any type of doctor is always “be an advocate for your own health” and here... Dr. Amols is your advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I left a previous fertility doctor for this exact reason. I felt like a number at the previous place and like a human being with feelings and intent with Dr. Amols. I have always stated that Dr. Amols is the kindest human being I have ever met and anytime I recommend his practice I always say that. A most recent example of his kindness would be when we just lost our miracle IVF boy girl twins at 21 weeks due to an incompetent cervix and preterm labor. This was totally out of his control yet I felt obligated to tell him because we had developed that human relationship as doctor and patient. He has a portal which patients can communicate through via “text” named Klara and when I relayed what happened through their app, he personally took the time to address what happened and express his condolences. What doctor takes the time to read something like that, something that wasn’t his issue at all, and express how sorry that is. This has been a long and increasingly difficult process for us. Now that we have two babies, Ian James and Makenna Renee, in heaven, it makes it that much more of a sensitive subject and it is becoming more mentally painful to charge on. However, one thing I am sure of is that Dr. Amols has our back. He will fight for us and be kind to us and allow us to continue to grow our family. One last thing - during my last embryo transfer cycle with the twins, I was so nervous coming off of our 1st miscarriage, I started crying during the transfer. Dr. Amols’ words in that moment to my husband and I assured us that we are doing everything right, and it’s not our faults. They way he made us feel in that moment... I can still feel that feeling even now talking about it. It’s like no other and I recommend him to everyone and anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Describe the protocols Mark Amols used in your cycles at New Direction Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
For me we first had to see if I could even respond to meds appropriately. So we first started with oral medication such as clomid and femara. Dr. Amos quickly noticed that I was not responding to either of these. But instead of canceling the entire cycle and having to start from fresh in another month, he was able to pivot and add different medications on to see if this helped. We slowly added injectable medicine such as Gonal-F, and that seem to do the trick. He was very skilled with what he prescribed. We started out very slow but we were able to change things very quickly with his expertise expertise. I remember during my first IUI cycle that I just had SO many follicles that the struggle would be getting just 1 or 2to fully mature. He took this very seriously and we were able to get that 1 or 2 to mature and used the trigger shot to release them. I remember asking why I can’t just be on only the injectable medicine if it works to go to the follicles… Not knowing that he had a plan in mind. And once I asked that he provided his rationale for using both oral medication and injectables because we want to slowly obtain one or two follicles to mature. I didn’t quite comprehend that more follicles maturing but more potential babies… He helped explain to me that we want to limit my risk and the goal is to hold a happy health baby in my arms. For my egg retrieval cycle, We had already gone through all the ups and downs with the previous attempts (IUIs). So we were pretty confident on what to do this time around. He assessed everything previously and knew exactly what medication to describe in the exact amounts. During my egg retrieval cycle I remember him actually decreasing my medication and it fluctuated almost every day or every other day to make sure we were getting the right amount at the right time. You have to be really skilled to be that laser focused! In the end we retrieved plenty of eggs and froze enough embryos and we were so happy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are great! They work very hard and care very much. This couldn’t be done without them!
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers.
IUIs were $750 meds were separate, this was a few years ago. IVF was around $6000 but half way through we had insurance coverage so the cost changed. Anesthesia for IVF was separate.
Describe Mark Amols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Direction Fertility Centers.
Dr. Amols had us sign an acknowledgment of risk when transferring our embryos. I believe I am a very unique example of what *could* go wrong with a multiple pregnancy. We lost our perfectly healthy baby girl and baby boy twins on 3/21/20 and 3/22/20 to an incompetent cervix and preterm labor. This has changed my mind on what I will transfer next which will be only 1 embryo. I liked that he allowed us to make our decision. And even if they told us over and over again about the risk of preterm labor and incompetent cervix I would had still choose to transfer two because we did not genetically test our embryos. And add that our first transfer we transferred 2 and only one stuck but ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks and they were our best two embryos. My mind constantly goes back and wonders “what if”... it even then, now we know I have these issues that not everyone has and I am looking forward to my consult with him next month to discuss what to do next.

Treated 2018 - 2020
Make sure you ask as many questions when you are with Dr. amols. He is a very busy man and gives you all the time in the world when you meet with him, but it can be extremely difficult to meet with him. ... Dr. Amols always treated us with so much compassion when we were going through fertility treatments. He knew we were getting close and never gave up hope when it felt like there was no hope. He was always our biggest cheerleader. However, because he is the only doctor, sometimes it was hard to have a chance to speak with him
Communication can be an area of opportunity. You need to advocate for yourself because sometimes it can be hard to get all of the answers you need if you are considered a more simple case. We never had any issues with the clinic, but there were times when we had questions and since 99% of communication is through the app, things can at times be lost in translation or be more delayed than having the ability to call and ask a quick question.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols always remembered who we were, and remembered specific details about us. We never felt like just a number with him or his staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Melody was amazing and my go to for most questions. )
Everyone was amazing and always made sure I knew exactly next steps and what the rationale was for our protocol
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers.
When I went through my egg retrieval my pharmacy had been calling ND for two weeks to confirm a prescription and I had to go into the clinic to have them speak to the pharmacy on the phone. The pharmacy had been waiting for over a week for a response. A separate time, my local Walgreens needed confirmation on a painkiller prescribed during my miscarriage and since the clinic never called back I never received the pain killer to relieve the pain.
Treated 2019 - 2020
[Dr. Mark Amols] is very compassionate. You can tell he cares about his patients and their success. He doesn’t treat you like you are just a number. He also explains everything thoroughly so you aren’t left wondering what is going on...My eggs matured slower than normal so I stayed on the stim meds longer than normal. Retrieval day the dr got 31 eggs! 26 were mature. I ended up with 6 embryos! 5 were normal and 1 was abnormal...
They [New Direction Fertility Centers] use a system called Klara. It’s awesome! You can get questions answered and get appointments scheduled all through that system! No phone calls and waiting on hold or having to leave voicemails. It’s very convenient!...Every single nurse I delt with was super compassionate and helpful. They always knew what my next steps were and would direct me on what to do next. A couple of them even went above and beyond on a little problem that arose with the PGD testing.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols is very compassionate. You can tell he cares about his patients and their success. He doesn’t treat you like you are just a number. He also explains everything thoroughly so you aren’t left wondering what is going on.
Trust the process.
Dr Amols started me on 300 of gonal-f and 75 of menopur. After my first blood draw they increased the menopur to 150. I stayed on that for 13 days. Until I was told to give myself the trigger shot. My eggs matured slower than normal so I stayed on the stim meds longer than normal. Retrieval day the dr got 31 eggs! 26 were mature. I ended up with 6 embryos! 5 were normal and 1 was abnormal.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They use a system called Klara. It’s awesome! You can get questions answered and get appointments scheduled all through that system! No phone calls and waiting on hold or having to leave voicemails. It’s very convenient!
Treated 2020
As a patient I think mark [Amols] is great. He’s very sympathetic considering he’s been through infertility also so he had compassion for what he does. ... 300 gonal f, 75 menopur, birth control leading up to retrieval, centritide, and novarel for trigger. Second retrieval he upped the menopur to 150, gonal still 300, added in Omnitrope for egg quality, novarel and centritide
Strengths [of New Direction Fertility Centers] are cleanliness, friendly, good prices, and knowledgeable doctor. Weaknesses are busy, so have to look after yourself somewhat, and communication but again they have a lot to take on especially right now ... The clinic is just very busy so he [Dr. Amols] tries his best to be personal with everyone ... I was an out of state patient so this was extremely stressful however this is my own fault and responsibilities that I took on
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
As a patient I think mark is great. He’s very sympathetic considering he’s been through infertility also so he had compassion for what he does. The clinic is just very busy so he tries his best to be personal with everyone
Mark is great, however new direction is extremely busy so they take longer to get back to and you have to somewhat look after yourself and be your own advocate
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths are cleanliness, friendly, good prices, and knowledgeable doctor. Weaknesses are busy, so have to look after yourself somewhat, and communication but again they have a lot to take on especially right now
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at New Direction Fertility Centers.
IVF is not cheap, it’s very pricey regardless of where you go, but the staff at new direction truly did try their best to accommodate you
He does not mind doing 1 or 2, however we only have 2 so want to play it safe and do one at a time
Treated 2020
I have felt very secure and like my best interests were important To him [Dr. Amols]. I think he really wants everyone to achieve their dreams and wants to help them. I always felt that my questions and concerns were addressed. ... Dr A is so personable and take real consideration about you and your situation. He listens and takes as much time as you need.
They [New Direction Fertility Centers] have a very structured team who are all knowledgeable. They clinic is clean and comfortable. They are always willing to answer questions promptly on their app Klara. Weakness is Klara can be frustrating. ... They [nursing staff] were always very kind during appointments. ... FET transfer [$]2000, not including ultrasounds ...
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I have felt very secure and like my best interests were important To him. I think he really wants everyone to achieve their dreams and wants to help them. I always felt that my questions and concerns were addressed.
Don’t be afraid to take up his time.
They were always very kind during appointments.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They have a very structured team who are all knowledgeable. They clinic is clean and comfortable. They are always willing to answer questions promptly on their app Klara. Weakness is Klara can be frustrating.
FET transfer 2000, not including ultrasounds
Treated 2019 - 2020
Ivf [at New Direction Fertility Centers is] 5k...ICIS $500...1 year of storage $500...Strengths...The price is unbeatable...Lab results same day...Open 7 days a week...Personal attention...Pay close attention to detail...Great staff...Weaknesses...Long wait to get in but that just means it's worth waiting for!...I loved the little message app. They [nurses] were really good at answering my questions and if they didn't know the answer they'd ask dr Amols and get back to me...Don't be afraid to ask questions. He [Dr. Mark Amols] is more than happy to answer them...Instead of Novarel trigger shot it was changed to a lupron trigger shot (to prevent ohss) And an antibiotic ICIS, PGS, frozen day 5 Embryos...He has a great podcast you can listen to about his opinion on the real risks [of Eset]...I could tell he truly cared about my individual care. I was a tough one but he paid close attention to me and was familiar with my history....was my 3rd RE and I had the best experience. I was treated like an individual. He cared about my individual needs and gave me extra attention. He followed my lead and made sure I was comfortable with everything before moving to the next step. During the ivf process I was at a higher risk of developing OHSS so I was monitored every day and meds were adjusted and even with 67 follicles I didn't go into OHSS. He is just the best.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Going through infertility treatment is very stressful. Dr Amols was my 3rd RE and I had the best experience. I was treated like an individual. He cared about my individual needs and gave me extra attention. He followed my lead and made sure I was comfortable with everything before moving to the next step. During the ivf process I was at a higher risk of developing OHSS so I was monitored every day and meds were adjusted and even with 67 follicles I didn't go into OHSS. He is just the best.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is more than happy to answer them.
For ivf retrieval meds used: Gonal-f, Menopur, Cetrotide. Instead of Novarel trigger shot it was changed to a lupron trigger shot (to prevent ohss) And an antibiotic ICIS, PGS, frozen day 5 Embryos Transfer Meds used Antibiotic Estradiol Progesterone in Oil
I loved the little message app. They were really good at answering my questions and if they didn't know the answer they'd ask dr Amols and get back to me
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Strengths The price is unbeatable Lab results same day Open 7 days a week Personal attention Pay close attention to detail Great staff Weaknesses Long wait to get in but that just means it's worth waiting for!
Ivf 5k PGS Biopsy $1200 (up to 8 $150 each additional Embryo) PGS testing $2000 (up to 8 $200 each additional Embryo) ICIS $500 1 year of storage $500
He has a great podcast you can listen to about his opinion on the real risks
Treated 2017 - 2019
After multiple failed IUI's, we moved onto IVF at the [Dr. Mark Amol's] recommendation...after PGS testing we ended up with 6 frozen embryos...allowed us to choose between transferring one or transferring two embryos. We chose to transfer two...knew us personally and remembered details of our situation/history every time he saw us. He was always prepared to make a plan that would work specifically for us. He never made me feel like just a number.
They [staff at New Direction] always got me in and out as quickly as possible without sacrificing good communication in the process. Most of the communication outside of appointments is done online via Klara messenger. At times, I loved it because I can ask a question and get a clear answer in writing that I can refer back to. Other times, some questions are a lot to type and it would be easier to talk to an actual person. That's one small drawback, but most of the time I loved how quickly they respond on Klara. They are great about that and even Dr. Amols responds to questions after hours.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols and his staff are exactly what you need when going through the difficult and often heartbreaking road of struggling to conceive. They were great at communication and cheering us on every step of the way. My IVF coordinator Maggie was so great. She recognized me in passing in the hall even when I didn't have appointments to see her - they made me feel like my specific case mattered to them and they were invested in achieving success with my treatments, too. Dr. Amols is extremely involved in the process - he's the best in the business in my opinion. The one drawback is how long the waiting list is sometimes for new patients, but honestly that's because they are so worth the wait. Initially, my new patient appointment was months away, but I called regularly asking about cancellations and ended up getting in much earlier. I've seen other doctors that had shorter wait times and it became obvious why theirs was shorter and New Direction is longer. My miracle baby boy is on the way because of Dr. Amols and his staff at New Direction - and to me, that was worth any small amount of time I spent waiting for my first appointment.
Don't be scared away by the new patient waiting list. First, I promise it's worth the wait. Second, get the appointment on the calendar, but then call a couple times a week to ask about cancellations. So many people get in much earlier than initially scheduled because they are persistent about calling for earlier appointments that may have become available. That worked well for me!
Dr. Amols is attentive and extremely involved in the entire treatment process. I've seen other doctors who make you feel like a number or have their medical assistants doing everything and making all the decisions about treatments. That kind of clinic is frustrating because you don't want to be spending thousands of dollars to have an MA doing everything - that doesn't happen at New Direction. Dr. Amols knew us personally and remembered details of our situation/history every time he saw us. He was always prepared to make a plan that would work specifically for us. He never made me feel like just a number.
Initially, because of our situation, we first tried IUI. Doctor Amols was great about adjusting my medication protocol as needed depending on how I responded. Clomid didn't really work for me - we did injectables for all our IUI cycles. After multiple failed IUI's, we moved onto IVF at the doctor's recommendation. We knew it was the right next step. My stim protocol was Menopur and Gonal f, with Cetrotide halfway through the stim process to keep me from ovulating too soon. HCG trigger shot was 36 hours before egg retreival. We had a fantastic retrieval result of 23 eggs, 17 . mature and 15 fertilized. Out of those, 9 made it to freeze and after PGS testing we ended up with 6 frozen embryos. Transfer went very smoothly roughly six weeks later with PIO injections beginning five days before transfer and continuing until 12 weeks 1 day of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maggie)
I loved my IVF coordinator Maggie. She was awesome, sweet and everyone who is assigned to her loves her.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
There is definitely a long waiting list at times, but it is worth the wait. The clinic is efficient, I never waited long for scheduled appointments. They always got me in and out as quickly as possible without sacrificing good communication in the process. Most of the communication outside of appointments is done online via Klara messenger. At times, I loved it because I can ask a question and get a clear answer in writing that I can refer back to. Other times, some questions are a lot to type and it would be easier to talk to an actual person. That's one small drawback, but most of the time I loved how quickly they respond on Klara. They are great about that and even Dr. Amols responds to questions after hours.
When we did our IUIs, we didn't have fertility coverage through our insurance. Each IUI, including all ultrasound appointments and everything, was $750. This didn't include medications - with meds, each IUI cost around $900. When we did IVF, we had fertility coverage through our insurance so we only paid out of pocked for the PGS testing which wasn't included - this testing was $2800. If paid out of pocket, we were quoted $7,500 for an IVF cycle.
Dr. Amols allowed us to choose between transferring one or transferring two embryos. We chose to transfer two.
Success w/ Doc 14 Eggs Frozen
I could contact Dr. Amols after hours with pressing questions. While in the exam rooms we always chit chatted while he also gave me sound medical advice as well. ... Using a birth control pill for over a month, we regulated my period. Then I began medications about 1.5 weeks before the procedure of hormone injections and a daily pill. Once the meds were up and running I returned very frequently for ultrasounds and blood work to track my progress.
I spoke with various people but Maggie was my “point person” because she specializes in out-of-state patients. Various staff members would answer questions within the Klara app. ... It’s [New Direction Fertility Centers] open 7 days a week and feels very modern. The clinic is on par with the other clinics I visited during my consultation stage. Unfortunately, it’s a bit of a drive to the clinic’s pharmacy, so even if you live very close to the clinic, you may spend more time in the car than you expect. However, you don’t need to go to the pharmacy that often.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He seems fiercely dedicated to keeping costs low and is very open about how fertility treatment impacted his own family. This makes you feel that you can trust him. He makes treatment adjustments as needed to maximize your success.
Maybe have nurses be super clear in Klara Messager app when doses or appointment dates are changing. Like, they can say “I know we told you one thing initially, but we are making a change to this now.” Because sometimes things would change and I would worry that maybe there had been a typo from the original instructions.
He was busy, but he had a good team of nurses who responded quickly on his Klara messaging app and if needed, I could contact Dr. Amols after hours with pressing questions. While in the exam rooms we always chit chatted while he also gave me sound medical advice as well.
Using a birth control pill for over a month, we regulated my period. Then I began medications about 1.5 weeks before the procedure of hormone injections and a daily pill. Once the meds were up and running I returned very frequently for ultrasounds and blood work to track my progress. Eventually, we selected my retrieval date, and I then I did a trigger shot 36 hours before the retrieval. I was under sedition very briefly during the retrieval and then took antibiotics afterwards to prevent infection.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It’s a beautiful large clinic easily accessible for people who live in the Southeast Valley. It’s open 7 days a week and feels very modern. The clinic is on par with the other clinics I visited during my consultation stage. Unfortunately, it’s a bit of a drive to the clinic’s pharmacy, so even if you live very close to the clinic, you may spend more time in the car than you expect. However, you don’t need to go to the pharmacy that often.
Egg freezing was $1,000. Anesthesia was $300. First year storage was $300. Preliminary blood tests we about $100. Drugs were about $5000 and unfortunately we missed the mark for the exact amount of drugs. I responded well so I overspent by about $650. All in, I probably spent $6,500, but it should have been closer to $6,000. I was able to donate my excess drugs to someone who could benefit from them.

Treated 2018 - 2019
When we requested it (and paid for extra appointments) we got extra direct contact and guidance from doctor Amols. He has incredible bedside manner and his staff are all very nice... is very kind and explains things very clearly. He drew out diagrams for me and wrote down everything he was saying so I could take it home. I do wish that he would be easier to reach directly but I understand he is very busy. I have had no issues with him personally.
The nurses who drew blood [at New Direction Fertility Centers] always had lots of difficulty find my veins. One visit I was poked three times. I had one other issue with a nurse who bluntly told me right before my IUI that it would not succeed because it was my first. All other nurses/staff were kind, competent, and I had positive experiences with...I requested my IUI be completed by Dr. Amols and I was scheduled with his nurse practitioner although the nurse stated it was with him when given the appointment.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is very kind and explains things very clearly. He drew out diagrams for me and wrote down everything he was saying so I could take it home. I do wish that he would be easier to reach directly but I understand he is very busy. I have had no issues with him personally.
Make sure you come with a list of questions to ask and are thorough in asking for what you need so that you do not have more questions like me and have to schedule a 2nd consultation.
When we requested it (and paid for extra appointments) we got extra direct contact and guidance from doctor Amols. He has incredible bedside manner and his staff are all very nice. Always feel a little bit like a number with the document they have in hand at the front desk but overall satisfied with how I’ve been treated by everyone there.
During the medicated cycles without any treatments I was given Femara and asked to come in for ultrasounds and then instructed when to have sex. We did not get pregnant with either cycle. During the IUI cycle, I was given Femara days 3 through 10, came in for ultrasounds, and instructed to inject Gonal F (75) every other day until the ultrasounds showed one large follicle on each ovary. We got a negative pregnancy test after the two week wait.
The nurses who drew blood always had lots of difficulty find my veins. One visit I was poked three times. I had one other issue with a nurse who bluntly told me right before my IUI that it would not succeed because it was my first. All other nurses/staff were kind, competent, and I had positive experiences with.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
A nice perk is the refreshments offered in the lobby, I always grabbed a water to calm my nerves. It is a large clinic, beautiful office, and easy to navigate. Communication by a website app was difficult to adjust to at first but I found it to be convenient.
$750 cash pay for IUI. $200 initial appointment. $100 for follow up with Amols. Medication costs at an outside pharmacy we’re ~$300.
I did not have an embryo transfer.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Amols is very personable, he gets to know you. Doesn’t seem in a hurry when you meet with him.... We were out of state patients so we did a phone consultation with Dr Amols. He was very knowledgeable and had looked at our previous records. He was honest with his judgment on the chances of IVF working. He stated how he can control the environment and things, but ultimately the outcome is up to God.
The nursing staff [New Direction] communicates through a messaging app called Klara (HIPPA approved). They got back to you quick if you had any questions. A nurse did mix up our phone consult day, so we spoke with a nurse and then Dr Amols called us after hours....It takes about 3 months to get a consult, and about another 3 months to start protocol. They are a freeze all clinic.... IVF=$4,800 (Includes Down Regulation, Monitoring, Retrieval, 1 Frozen Transfer, 6 months storage)
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
We were out of state patients so we did a phone consultation with Dr Amols. He was very knowledgeable and had looked at our previous records. He was honest with his judgment on the chances of IVF working. He stated how he can control the environment and things, but ultimately the outcome is up to God. Which I agreed and really liked how he said that. When we met him for treatments he was very nice and let us know what to expect. Joked with us (told me my left ovary was Arnold Schwarzenegger and my right one was Danny DeVito. We thought it was hilarious). He told us that his children were conceived with IVF also. Just a real down to earth guy.
He is booked out by about 3 months. But worth it.
Dr Amols is very personable, he gets to know you. Doesn’t seem in a hurry when you meet with him. Nurses are nice and friendly.
I was on Menopur (75IU) and Gonal-F (250IU—>225IU—>200IU—>150IU—>100IU) for 9 days. Started Cetrotide/Ganirelix and Omnitrope on day 6 of stims for 4 days. Started Doxycycline on day 9 for 6 days. Egg retrieval was on day 11 of protocol. 31 eggs retrieved, 20 mature eggs, 13 fertilized using ICSI. 4 embryos frozen on day 5, 3 more embryos frozen on day 6. (They are a freeze all clinic). We transferred one embryo the next month. I took Estradiol, Doxycycline, and Progesterone in Oil (PIO). Had PIO for 5 days before transfer. Beta numbers: 217 and 716.9. Now I am 20 weeks pregnant :).
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers.
The nursing staff communicates through a messaging app called Klara (HIPPA approved). They got back to you quick if you had any questions. A nurse did mix up our phone consult day, so we spoke with a nurse and then Dr Amols called us after hours. Which was really nice of him. We were assigned a nurse coordinator for our transfer, she called and gave us all the info we needed and we could always reach her through the app. The nurses were nice and friendly when we did meet them in person.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It takes about 3 months to get a consult, and about another 3 months to start protocol. They are a freeze all clinic. They communicate mostly through a messaging app, which works well most of the time. Great doctor and staff! I like that he is the only doctor in the clinic.
IVF=$4,800 (Includes Down Regulation, Monitoring, Retrieval, 1 Frozen Transfer, 6 months storage); Anesthesia=$300; ICSI=$500. Total: $5,600. Yearly Embryo Storage is $500, additional frozen transfers are $2,000.
We didn’t consult with Dr Amols on how many to transfer. We only wanted to transfer one. We knew the risks beforehand, so we didn’t ask about it.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
A nurse mixed up the day of our consult. So we spoke with a nurse instead of the doctor, but Dr Amols called us after hours for the consult. We didn’t get our second Beta test results until 2 days later. It was around Christmas time so we didn’t know if they were open or not. I messaged them (Christmas Eve) and they called that day to let us know.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Amols is a genuine human being and an incredible doctor. He took the time to explain what we would try and if that didn't work what we would try next. He gave us hope again....Dr. Amols advised us ahead of time we would be more aggressive with medication for the IUI because of my tubal blockage. He was very honest with us and let us know our chances were not as high as they would be if both by tubes were open.
One of the main reasons we also chose Dr Amols was because of the prices they offer. Most other clinics charge double what Dr Amols does....The clinic [New Direction] is in a lovely location and they are open all week. They also do everything there so that makes it very convenient and less stressful. They use an app called Klara that allows you to communicate through text message with any of the staff, it's amazing! Someone always responds in a timely manner and if they don't have the answer, they always make sure to let you know
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr. Amols is a genuine human being and an incredible doctor. He took the time to explain what we would try and if that didn't work what we would try next. He gave us hope again. We are so grateful my cousin told us about Dr. Amols. I always prayed I didn't have to do IVF because I was scared but Dr. Amols helped us overcome that fear. Dr. Amols also dealt with infertility and I believe this makes him more compassionate towards his patients, you can feel that he truly wants to help you. He always has a smile on his face and speaks to you with sincerity. He was definitely worth the wait.
Don't let the waiting list discourage you. Dr. Amols is very busy but he somehow remembers you and will make sure you know that. Sounds cliche' but that's all.
Prior to meeting with Dr. Amols, we read many reviews about him and were very excited but also a bit skeptical. He sounded too good to be true. We filled out a form online and were asked what we expected of our appointment. We said we wanted options. When Dr Amols sat down with us, we automatically felt at peace with him. He already had something written out from the info I entered online the previous night, which told us he took the time to review our forms. That said a lot to us.
Dr. Amols advised us ahead of time we would be more aggressive with medication for the IUI because of my tubal blockage. He was very honest with us and let us know our chances were not as high as they would be if both by tubes were open. We did additional shots to try and grow more follicles but unfortunately neither IUI was successful. However, even thought we were heart broken, we knew this was something we had to prepare for due to our circumstances.
Everyone at New Direction is very kind and helpful. The nurses along with the assistants are always smiling and positive. I believe Dr. Amols chooses his staff very carefully and makes sure he has a team that is empathetic and genuine.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is in a lovely location and they are open all week. They also do everything there so that makes it very convenient and less stressful. They use an app called Klara that allows you to communicate through text message with any of the staff, it's amazing! Someone always responds in a timely manner and if they don't have the answer, they always make sure to let you know they will forward the information to the correct person. Appointments are usually always prompt but when there has been a delay, they always let us know and it's not very long. I would say the only weakness is that they have a long waiting list so you have to be prepared to wait if you are a new patient.
One of the main reasons we also chose Dr Amols was because of the prices they offer. Most other clinics charge double what Dr Amols does. This meant a lot to us being that my health insurance does not cover any infertility treatments. I work for a public middle school and my husband is a full time student and only works part time. An IUI costs about $750 as opposed to other clinics where it costs more. IVF costs $5k plus medication which still is way less than other clinics. We were discouraged before coming to New Direction because of the costs at other clinics. It was about $20k total, with Dr. Amols it would be about $8-10k.
Gilbert
he [Dr. Mark Amols] is an excellent communicator and will breakdown the information for you...He ordered me to come in for a sonohysterography and had his NP take care of that, it revealed a polyp that he will be removing from my uterus in one week (May 2nd) and then I should be good to go for discussions on when to begin IVF treatment...he promotes multiple embryo transfer if his patients are comfortable with it and check out as able to carry twins.
They [the nurses at New Direction] have all been very tender and sweet to us. I cried in the waiting room because after this many years...it's just sad. They will bring me tissue and water. They are very quick to communicate answers to any questions I have had about procedures and billing and time frames...$200 for the initial visit (keep in mind we are cash paying). $99 for the semen analysis. $400 for the sonohsterography. $1800 for the polypectomy.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
As explained in my prior write up, Dr. Amols has definite strengths showing in the kindness, compassion, empathy, and communication quadrants. The only quadrant of characteristic I could say he may struggle with is jumping straight to IVF as the only option. I noticed he brought it up multiple times throughout our conversations with him, appearing to base his recommendations on my husbands very low sperm count. We were hoping to hear a few more details on options for increasing sperm count prior to moving straight into IVF. I know that Dr. Amols main focus is of course, helping couples conceive and produce live births, I trust he is passionate and determined in his quest to facilitate this, and I think he could have throttled that conversation back just a tad for us as we were are little overwhelmed by the thought of IVF for those reasons most people are... "how many embryos could I produce and will I be able to carry all my babies?, will this even work?, what is the true cost?, can we afford this realistically?, will we feel severe financial pain mingled with the joy of bringing a child into the world (nobody wants that)?" Other than that somewhat quick conclusion he gave us initially, all other accounts of first and subsequent meetings with Dr. Amols, having him discuss female and male infertility factors, what does the process look like and other items, have been excellent. I sure hope this helps!
Let him speak and ask you questions and you may find he answers yours along the way and do not withhold any personal questions or curiosities as he is an excellent communicator and will breakdown the information for you. Make sure you are on time and do not miss your appointments if at all possible as Dr. Amols is a popular and in demand doctor here and it may take time for a reschedule.
Dr. Amols took well over an hour to meet with my husband and i as we have been unable to conceive for 9.75 years. Dr. Amols showed tenderness and compassion towards us along with an incredible amount of empathy since he and his wife struggled to conceive for 10 years. He shared his own personal testimony with us regarding infertility. He tediously drew out on paper and reviewed with us both my test results and my husbands. Dr. Amols explained how a semen- analysis worked and how numbers are calculated, he took the time to explain how they determined my egg quality based on the blood I gave, I cannot praise him enough for the work he has done with us up to this point. We are cash paying, there is no insurance coverage with our businesses for fertility and both Dr. Amols and his office staff have been sensitive to our yearning for children and the heavy burden of cost associated with infertility treatments. He said he would do this for free if he could figure out a way too! I nearly jumped off my seat and wrapped my arms around him!
Well...Dr. Amols took my blood work from my gynecological office that was done for the pre-fertility treatment first appointment and said my eggs were literally perfect. He looked over the semen-analysis my husband had and said all the sperm looked great except that there are far too few of them! He ordered me to come in for a sonohysterography and had his NP take care of that, it revealed a polyp that he will be removing from my uterus in one week (May 2nd) and then I should be good to go for discussions on when to begin IVF treatment. We also had one more semen analysis done just to be sure the one he originally looked over wasnt what Dr. Amols called 'a bad day' and alas, the second SA resulted in low sperm count. Dr. Amols has suggested that this is a difficult obstacle to overcome through any other treatments and outside of IVF there are not may sound and empirically proven efforts, which was his rationale for suggesting IVF in the first place. He was sensitive to our financial situation and said we should not fuss over doing HSG tests if we are going to proceed with IVF as a response to the low sperm counts. He did a trans vaginal ultrasound and said other than the polyp, my uterus and ovaries are in excellent condition, showing us my follicles and all.
They have all been very tender and sweet to us. I cried in the waiting room because after this many years...it's just sad. They will bring me tissue and water. They are very quick to communicate answers to any questions I have had about procedures and billing and time frames.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is a bit hard to locate as it is on the top story of an office facility in Gilbert, AZ. Other than that the inside is gorgeous and clean as new hospital! All details accounted for in the waiting rooms, including feminine products for after your procedure check ups in case you are on your cycle, comfortable seating, water, coffee, tea, soothing colors and music. The windows are very pleasant looking out at the mountain ranges. Lighting and decor are all coordinated well and are lovely.
He has been open about this and said he promotes multiple embryo transfer if his patients are comfortable with it and check out as able to carry twins. His reasons were clear, if a couple has been waiting years to conceive and can have two live births at once, how much more delightful is that result. Of course he said, there are more details that are discussed in terms of ensuring the uterus can handle two babies as well as the woman's overall health assumed to be well enough for that.
Gilbert
On our consultation Dr. Amols spent almost an hour with us taking about our previous experience. He had clearly spent time reviewing my file and thinking about the next steps for treatment. He also looks at every ultrasound if he isn't the one to do it personally. I have a lot of confidence that he cares about my treatment and wants us to succeed. I also trust that he will be honest in his advice and treatment and not give us false hope or expectations.
New Direction has IVF down so well that I never have any question what something is going to cost and (so far) no surprise expenses. ... They have a system for texting that I love! If I have a thought come up after business hours, I can shoot off a text and get a response the next day and I don't have to worry about remembering it for my next appointment. And you can reach anyone in the office -- the nurses, the front desk, billing. I really love it!
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
There is a long waiting list for new patients, but don't despair! I was told when I called to expect a 6 month wait. I got on the list and actually only ended up waiting 2 or 3 months.
I love what they do at New Direction and that is provide their services to as many patients as they can. Sometimes you feel like a number. But I think the staff also does put in a lot of effort to make you feel like a human.
We used an antagonist protocol for our IVF. I'm not sure what the rationale was. I had 10 mature eggs as a result. My right ovary didn't respond as well as we had hoped, but it's possible that it was because I had recently had a large cyst removed from that ovary.
So far we have been very pleased with the nursing staff we've had. Some seem new to the team (or just really green and I wonder how long they've been working for Dr. Amols). And there are a few phlebotomists that I cringe when they have to draw my blood.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I had a cyst removal surgery with Dr. Amols that cost about $3,000 (including hospital and anesthesia). The medicine for IVF has been about $2,700. The IVF cost was $8,000. We had a few other expenses in connection with the IVF like additional labs and ICIS that we expect to cost about $700 or so. New Direction has IVF down so well that I never have any question what something is going to cost and (so far) no surprise expenses.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
We were told to expect the PGS test results on our embryo back within 7 days and I had to ask twice before I finally did get the results about 10 business days (14 days) later. But that may have been the labs fault and NOT the clinic's fault. But it was stressful.
Gilbert
He [Dr. Mark Amols] is kind and understanding. He takes the time to remember details despite being a very busy doctor...during off hours Dr. Amols has responded himself and it was really appreciated...Be prepared that you will be seeing a variety of people. Dr Amols is there for consultations and surgeries, but Iui is typically done by his nurse practitioner and ultrasounds by a tech.... He diagnosed me with PCOS and started out with just letrozole and timed intercourse. After that didn’t work, I did an SHG which determined some sort of block, so had a hysteroscopy to clear out endometrial tissue. I still wasn’t pregnant after that so we did an iui with letrozole and trigger shot followed by another iui the next cycle with letrozole, gonal-f, and trigger. No success yet.
Be prepared that you will be seeing a variety of people [at New Direction Fertility Centers]. Dr Amols is there for consultations and surgeries, but Iui is typically done by his nurse practitioner and ultrasounds by a tech...Most of the nurses have been compassionate, but occasionally some comments are made that are well intentioned, but not helpful. I know it’s because they probably haven’t been through infertility themselves, but still working in that environment needs more sensitivity.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He is very compassionate and caring, he sincerely wants you to get the best results and outcome. Sometimes I did leave feeling somewhat confused, however I could typically ask my questions through the online portal later and they would be answered.
Mark and his family have been through fertility treatments personally, and it shows in his character. He is kind and understanding. He takes the time to remember details despite being a very busy doctor. His staff are all genuine as well and the online communication is a perk as well. Most of the time nurses will respond, but during off hours Dr. Amols has responded himself and it was really appreciated.
When I first came to the clinic I didn’t have a diagnosis yet despite being at a previous clinic. He diagnosed me with PCOS and started out with just letrozole and timed intercourse. After that didn’t work, I did an SHG which determined some sort of block, so had a hysteroscopy to clear out endometrial tissue. I still wasn’t pregnant after that so we did an iui with letrozole and trigger shot followed by another iui the next cycle with letrozole, gonal-f, and trigger. No success yet.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
It could be a long wait to get in as a new patient, initially when I called it was 6 months away. However, I was called just a couple weeks later and got into an earlier slot. It is a fast paced clinic that is high traffic, but I have never felt like a number despite that.
I was blessed when first starting out to have tricare, which covered most of my office visits and ultrasounds. He also knew a loop hole to get a ton of medications needed for the iui and potentially ivf process at a discounted price. Iui cost me around 300 plus a co pay or two for a couple of the visits. Now it will be more with different insurance.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
There was a couple times where I had to remind or call the clinic to order my progesterone and rush it to receive it in time for the protocol.
Gilbert

Dr Amols has a personal connection to infertility and has built his own family using IVF. I feel like he has a balance between caution and taking aggressive approaches to ensure the desired result. He's got a funny personality and his own quirks that make him genuine and 100% his own person. ... I'm DOR, and he used a microdose lupron flare of 20 units morning and night, 150 menopur and 300 gonal F. Retrieval #1 we got 8 eggs, 7 mature, 5 blasts, 3 PGS normal
They [New Direction Fertility] seem a little disorganized and very dependant on Dr A for guidance. I had a few times when it was getting near closing time and I hadn't gotten a phone call with instructions. I have had to stay on top of them. They aren't always great at explaining things, and I had to push a little sometimes for action ...
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Dr Amols has a personal connection to infertility and has built his own family using IVF. I feel like he has a balance between caution and taking aggressive approaches to ensure the desired result. He's got a funny personality and his own quirks that make him genuine and 100% his own person. If you listen to his podcast you'll hear what I mean.
call asap, he books up months in advance!
Dr A remembered me and previous conversations we'd had even if he didn't remember everything from my chart off the top of his head.
I'm DOR, and he used a microdose lupron flare of 20 units morning and night, 150 menopur and 300 gonal F. Retrieval #1 we got 8 eggs, 7 mature, 5 blasts, 3 PGS normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Direction Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
I had to stay on top of my calendar and protocol. Sometimes they hadn't gotten back to me with actions by 4:30pm and I had to call the office or remind them that I needed to know my instructions for the medications that night. Other times, they would default to their typical routine meds instead of remembering if I had a variation in my protocol.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They seem a little disorganized and very dependant on Dr A for guidance. I had a few times when it was getting near closing time and I hadn't gotten a phone call with instructions. I have had to stay on top of them. They aren't always great at explaining things, and I had to push a little sometimes for action
He works hard to provide lower cost, high quality care. Prices are published on their website
We PGS tested, so he recommended that we only transfer 1 embryo
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
When I started omnitrope during STIMS I was waiting to hear when I should start the meds. In my instructions for the night, they failed to tell me to start the med or the dosage and I had to call the emergency number and have Dr. A confirm meds and walk me through dosages
Gilbert
Dr. Amols only does 2 frozen embryo transfer to give a better chance of pregnancy...He made an effort to know us and treated us well. Every visit I felt confident we made the right decision to choose him as our fertility specialist. He kept us updated and informed of what was going on and what will happen next...We left his office always feeling informed of what was going on and what will happen next. He explained things so well. He made our office visit feel great, it didn't feel like, " oh another visit". His attitude always help us feel at ease.
The front desk to the nurses in the back were all awesome and very organized [at New Direction Fertility Centers]. You were never left alone once you're done with any procedures to blood work to consultations. They are so staffed that you will never have a problem finding anyone for help...I only had to pay $5800 for IVF...I have yet to find any weaknesses. Everything went so well with our visit to the office everytime. You have nurses who has a role. For example, there is a nurse by Dr Amols side to help record your ultrasound and follicle measurements or anything else needed recording & if you need consultation you will go into a room with another nurse who will answer your questions or help you understand your injections or other concerns, then you have your nurses who will do your blood works, you have another group of nurse who prepares you for retrieval and takes care of you after retrieval. I felt very taken care of.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Relax, ask questions. He is always welcoming questions.
Prepping for retrieval, my Gonal shot was the only thing Dr Amols increased. It all worked out just the way he said would happen in each visit.
The front desk to the nurses in the back were all awesome and very organized. You were never left alone once you're done with any procedures to blood work to consultations. They are so staffed that you will never have a problem finding anyone for help.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I only had to pay $5800 for IVF.
Gilbert
He [Dr. Mark Amols] educated me on the trade-offs, but does not push SET when the mother would be capable of carrying twins safely. The decision to transfer one or two embryos is left up to the patient...He understood immediately the sort of financial challenges I was facing becoming a single parent, and took that into account when recommending a course of treatment. He set realistic goals and explained everything to me. He even insisted on going over all my fertility options at this point (beyond what I'd chosen), just to make sure I was fully educated about my options. His rates made it possible for me to undergo treatment.
I paid $8500 for one IVF cycle with PGS testing, and $3115 for fertility medications: ~$5000 for the IVF cycle itself, plus one transfer and one year storage (embryo storage $500/yr afterward) [at New Direction Fertility Centers]...Strengths: Compassionate providers, speed of getting ahold of someone in the office, no coercion to choose single embryo transfer, convenient location, and affordable prices. Weaknesses: Getting ahold of the *right* person via Klara is sometimes tricky, FET coordinator leaves things unclear, outside of Dr. Amols himself, most of the staff seems to assume you're an expert at IVF.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I greatly like Dr. Mark Amols. He understood immediately the sort of financial challenges I was facing becoming a single parent, and took that into account when recommending a course of treatment. He set realistic goals and explained everything to me. He even insisted on going over all my fertility options at this point (beyond what I'd chosen), just to make sure I was fully educated about my options. His rates made it possible for me to undergo treatment.
Once you get in to see him, be ready to hit the ground running. He's ready to start ordering tests and start treatment immediately.
He really cares about his patients, and wants them to succeed in becoming parents. He and his wife went through infertility themselves, as did some of the nurses, so the people working there really get it. Everyone is very kind and accommodating.
I was put on an antagonist protocol (likely due to prior diagnosis of PCOS) and my results were good. I took: 75 IU of Menopur in the morning (constant throughout treatment) 225 IU of Gonal-F in the evening (constant throughout treatment) 25 mg Cetrotide in the morning (started day 6 of stims; this was early due to my follicles growing quicker than expected) 5,000 IU Pregnyl trigger shot I got 24 eggs at retrieval, 15 of which were mature. All 15 fertilized via ICSI, and 9 reached blastocyst stage (two at day 5, six on day 6, and one on day 7). I did PGS testing (PGT-A) and 6 of those nine were euploid, no mosaics.
All the nurses were very kind and helpful. There was some confusion regarding FET scheduling, but overall I'm happy with them.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
I paid $8500 for one IVF cycle with PGS testing, and $3115 for fertility medications: ~$5000 for the IVF cycle itself, plus one transfer and one year storage (embryo storage $500/yr afterward). Some of this they were able to put through my insurance (ultrasounds, etc) so I paid a little less than the full $5000 out of pocket. $1200 embryo biopsy (up to 8 embryos, more billed individually, less and it carries over to next cycle) ~$2000 PGS testing at third-party lab (up to 8 embryos, more billed individually, less and it carries over to next cycle) $500 ICSI fertilization
He educated me on the trade-offs, but does not push SET when the mother would be capable of carrying twins safely. The decision to transfer one or two embryos is left up to the patient.
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
My appointment to meet with the FET coordinator wasn't conveyed to the coordinator herself, and she was unable to see me that day. I was told she would message me on the app, but that was not conveyed to her as well. I still have unanswered questions. All other appointments have gone smoothly.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Mark Amols] used the normal protocol which is the highest strength protocol for my age group. Although I didn’t respond as well to this treatment protocol, he did listen to me and now we are switching to a less aggressive protocol to see if I will react better to it...understands what it’s like to go through infertility as he and his wife have been through it...I didn’t have a lot of one on one time with as he is super busy. He is a caring doctor though. I saw him during my ultrasound of my eggs. Each time he was fast and efficient. Appointments with him were at most 30 minutes. Very quick.
[New Direction Fertility Centers] are brand new and the labs are equipped with the latest technology and air filtration equipment. The office is clean and the staff are kind. They are backed up so to get a new patient appointment is about a couple months out...The staff is nice. I don’t really see my ivf nurse but the other nurses are nice...The cost for ivf is a less expensive then other clinics I have visited. The office is very transparent when it comes to cost. Also this office accepts health insurance which other ivf places don’t.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I like him as a doctor, but I didn’t have a lot of one on one time with as he is super busy. He is a caring doctor though. I saw him during my ultrasound of my eggs. Each time he was fast and efficient. Appointments with him were at most 30 minutes. Very quick.
He is a good doctor and does care about his patients. Although I know he does all of the appointments and has a lot of patients to see as he is the only doctor I. The practice.
Dr. Amols understands what it’s like to go through infertility as he and his wife have been through it
He used the normal protocol which is the highest strength protocol for my age group. Although I didn’t respond as well to this treatment protocol, he did listen to me and now we are switching to a less aggressive protocol to see if I will react better to it.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
They are brand new and the labs are equipped with the latest technology and air filtration equipment. The office is clean and the staff are kind. They are backed up so to get a new patient appointment is about a couple months out.
Right now we don’t have any embryos to transfer. Although I have heard from other patients that I know say he has a high rate of twin pregnancy. The patients have the right to elect one or two embryo transfer.
Gilbert

This is perhaps the best doctor encounter I have had in my entire life and I don't say that lightly. It felt like I was talking to a friend [with Dr. Mark Amols]...He was so nice. He cared not only about my treatment but how it fit in within my larger life. It felt like he cared about who were were as people and not just as patients. I also felt comfortable working with him as a queer patient...He was very open to hearing what I wanted
The financial information is given to you upfront on the website. [at New Direction Fertility Center]...The clinic is very affordable compared to the places that are the closest to me. As an out of state patient there are a few more things that go into planning your treatment. Folks were nice. They also take folks on in cohorts because there is only one doctor. So this means for some folks who wanted to get started right away that isn't possible.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He's great, really, there's no need to worry
This is perhaps the best doctor encounter I have had in my entire life and I don't say that lightly. It felt like I was talking to a friend.
We had not gotten that far. With this clinic you don't get that until right before you are about to start. That was a bit frustrating as I wanted to be able to compare to the other clinics I had consultations with.
My biggest issue is with how you communicate with the nursing staff which is through this app. The hard thing is that at any moment you could be talking to someone new. I felt like I was constantly explaining myself over and over. Since my situation was not as straightforward I found this to be very frustrating. Some nurses were more helpful than others but I don't know if this is their fault or more so just a result of the platform.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The financial information is given to you upfront on the website
He was very open to hearing what I wanted
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Due to what I explained earlier regarding communicating through the app there is often miscommunication and I would get conflicting information.
Gilbert
When talking to Dr Amols he always went in knowing exactly who i was even though i was an out of state patient. He did all my monitoring appointments and will email me back even if it’s late if it’s an important matter.... [Eset Approach] I asked if I can transfer 2 embryos and he said he is ok with me transferring 2... I started BCP on cycle day and took it for 2 weeks. Dr. A had me on Menopur, Follistim, and Cetrotide before egg retrieval.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers] is very clean and quick when appointments are set. Everyone is very friendly. Klara is great but sometimes it’s hard to get in touch with the one person you need to. However they are quick to respond using the Klara app. If there is an important matter and it’s after hours Dr. A will respond to you.... I had a monitoring appointment in NM preparing for transfer and they did not call with results until I asked about them recieving them 3 days later.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I was an out of state patient so I did my beginning stages where I live. When I went to New Direction for the first time I felt like I already knew Dr. A. He was very welcoming and asked how travel was and made sure everything was ok. He is very personable and makes you feel comfortable when in his care. He did every monitoring appointment while I was in his care in AZ. And was quick to communicate with any questions or medication changes needed.
the Clinic is very quick to respond, before responding they make sure they speak with the doctor. When talking to Dr Amols he always went in knowing exactly who i was even though i was an out of state patient. He did all my monitoring appointments and will email me back even if it’s late if it’s an important matter.
I started BCP on cycle day and took it for 2 weeks. Dr. A had me on Menopur, Follistim, and Cetrotide before egg retrieval. He also had me start doxycycline before retrieval. We retrieved 34 eggs, 25 were mature and 20 fertilized. Day 5 and 6 report brought 9 blasts that we sent for PGS testing and came out with 6 normal embryos.
She was very quick to respond. Sometimes it’s frustrating because the communication gets lost on the Klara app since so many different people respond to your questions.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very clean and quick when appointments are set. Everyone is very friendly. Klara is great but sometimes it’s hard to get in touch with the one person you need to. However they are quick to respond using the Klara app. If there is an important matter and it’s after hours Dr. A will respond to you.
For my IVF cycle with PGS testing I paid 8,000.
I asked if I can transfer 2 embryos and he said he is ok with me transferring 2
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
I had a monitoring appointment in NM preparing for transfer and they did not call with results until I asked about them recieving them 3 days later. They then informed me that there was fluid and the doctor would have to review it and get back to me. Which should have been addressed as soon as they had received and reviewed it being it was close to transfer and could cause delays or cancellations.

Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Amols is very thorough . He sits down with us and literally draws out what is happening and what our plan of action is. He shows us charts and statistics and explains everything to us. He makes sure our questions are answered. He is very professional and has excellent bedside manner. We are very impressed with him! ... He is a very busy and popular doctor and there is usually a very long waiting list to see him.
Just one of my most recent times, I was left sitting in the ultrasound room over an hour. They [New Direction Fertility Center] forgot about me they said and they had his NP exam me instead of doctor. ... They the NP who saw me ordered the wrong medication. I was super bummed because I had specifically scheduled with him, not the NP, when I made the appointment.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
To be patient. He is a very busy and popular doctor and there is usually a very long waiting list to see him.
Dr. Amols has also gone through infertility and he takes his time with my husband and I and empathizes.
Don't remember or have info present at the moment.
Most of them are very good and friendly. The Klara texting system they use is great and they have always been prompt.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Very good communication with staff using Klara system. Doctor is not out for money because he has been through infertility himself with wife. He is one of the most affordable and has the most updated state of the art equipment. It is a very, very busy clinic.
About $1700 per IUI...with injections and pills
None
What specific things went wrong at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Just one of my most recent times, I was left sitting in the ultrasound room over an hour. They forgot about me they said and they had his NP exam me instead of doctor. I was super bummed because I had specifically scheduled with him, not the NP, when I made the appointment. The front desk had given me the option. They the NP who saw me ordered the wrong medication.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He is an incredible doctor and it’s very apparent that he was a nurse before he became an MD. He Is kind,compassionate, intelligent and I won’t see another RE. My personal issues include PCOS, male factor infertility and annovulation. Dr Amols was wonderful at explaining each of these issues and the options we had. So far we have done medicated cycles and an IUI. No success yet, but we will keep going with the help of Dr Amols.
The clinic has a long wait list for original consultation. Sometimes up to 6 months. But once you are in, the staff makes every attempt to get you in ASAP for all appointments- ultrasounds, HCG draws, lab appointments and IUI included. Ours fell on a Saturday and Dr Amols came in specifically for it.... IUI cost 750 and medications were an additional 400. Blood draws are 25. Ultra sounds are 200 if not doing an IUI or IVF protocol. Initial consult was 200
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
His wait list is long but absolutely worth the wait. Ask questions and advocate for yourself.
Dr Amols talks to you like a person and never looks at the clock. He individualizes each treatment and is available 24/7
For my first IUI, I did Clomid CD 3-7 with 2 bonus injections of gonal F at 75 units each on CD 8. We used Ovidrel (trigger shot) CD13 and had the IUI on CD15. No viable pregnancy produced.
I mostly dealt with medical assistants and phlebotomists, but the nurses I came into contact with were very kind and helpful. The entire team is great.
No comments
Gilbert

He [Dr. Mark Amols] was comfortable transferring 1-2 embryos for us. We only ended up with one in the end. He said any more then 2 could become unsafe for the mom and babies...He was so kind, understanding and knowledgeable. We left feeling like we had hope and positivity after every appointment...came up with a plan and described every little detail. He answered all questions and was readily available with a box of tissues. He shared his own infertility stories with us and made us feel like we were not alone. He is hands down the best doctor and we felt like we had the best care with him.
There is not enough good things I could say about the clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers]. We can’t wait to go back to start our next IVF journey with them next year. The only weakness is wait times. Sometimes appointments take longer then others but you have to understand that every patient is important and they allow for questions and never make you feel rushed.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
At our first appointment Dr Amols came up with a plan and described every little detail. He answered all questions and was readily available with a box of tissues. He shared his own infertility stories with us and made us feel like we were not alone. He is hands down the best doctor and we felt like we had the best care with him.
Trust the process and know you’re in great hands.
Dr amols adjusted our medications many times. He always made ya feel comfortable and explained his reasoning. The end result was always that we wanted a baby and with each step we made he was reassured us.
Every nurse was caring and respectful. They knew they were dealing with sensitive clients and always treated us with love.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
There is not enough good things I could say about the clinic. We can’t wait to go back to start our next IVF journey with them next year. The only weakness is wait times. Sometimes appointments take longer then others but you have to understand that every patient is important and they allow for questions and never make you feel rushed.
$2000 copay plus medication costs
He was comfortable transferring 1-2 embryos for us. We only ended up with one in the end. He said any more then 2 could become unsafe for the mom and babies.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Amols and his staff were friendly, made eye contact, and called me by name. The doctor was very busy, but he didn't rush when I had questions. ... Doctor Amolshas a kind heart and attention to detail that you would hope to find in a doctor. I had tough decisions to make about wanting to donate some of my eggs, despite my age, and he helped guide me to the right decision.
Most answers [from New Directions Fertility Care] are provided via electronic chat board. Overall, this is a good process because you can ask any questions and get answers every day of the week, but patients who want more verbal conversations may not like this. Doctor was so popular that the waitlist was very long. ... Very kind, especially the nurses who assisted on egg retrieval day. One even gave me crunchy Cheetos afterwards when I said that was the only food I was craving! So sweet.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
Anticipate that the vast majority of your questions will be answered by his staff via a confidential online chat board, rather than to by the doctor. This occasionally leaves to half answered questions, but overall the process works
I used injectables for the week and a half prior to retrieval, including gonal f and menopur.
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
Most answers are provided via electronic chat board. Overall, this is a good process because you can ask any questions and get answers every day of the week, but patients who want more verbal conversations may not like this. Doctor was so popular that the waitlist was very long.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Amols is very empathetic and showed genuine concern and willingness to help when we ended up having a 2nd trimester loss after a successful IUI. Most of the testing is done by him which is nice since he is able to talk you through it and give instant feedback.... Dr Amols takes his time and answers all of your questions. He can also personally relate as he has been through IVF himself.
The clinic [New Direction Fertility Centers- Gilbert] is clean, new and they just expanded. The wait at the office is very little, you are usually called right in. Visits are often quick. Their messaging app is great for any questions or help you need.... Approx $2k with insurance for IUI including meds (high deductible)... IUI with femera, Gonal F, trigger shot and progesterone after IUI. We had a successful pregnancy. At 22 weeks, due to suspected incompetent cervix, we had to deliver our angel.
How was your experience with Mark Amols at New Direction Fertility Centers?
He speaks fast so it can seem like you’re being rushed but he will answer all of your questions and go through everything, just ask!
IUI with femera, Gonal F, trigger shot and progesterone after IUI. We had a successful pregnancy. At 22 weeks, due to suspected incompetent cervix, we had to deliver our angel. We are currently working with Dr Amols to get pregnant again
The nursing staff was ok, not as great as the Dr himself. Some aren’t very empathetic and don’t answer questions very well. Your best bet is to get all questions answered through their messaging app
Describe your experience with New Direction Fertility Centers.
The clinic is clean, new and they just expanded. The wait at the office is very little, you are usually called right in. Visits are often quick. Their messaging app is great for any questions or help you need.
Approx $2k with insurance for IUI including meds (high deductible)