Mark Gibson

University of Utah

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolCase Western
ResidencyU of Minnesota
FellowshipBrigham and Women's
SLC
675 Arapeen Way
SLC, UT 84108
(801) 581‑3834
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Gibson to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%0
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Utah to a friend?
2009 - 2012
He [Dr. Mark Gibson] was a funny guy, but didn't explain things very well. I had to ask a lot of questions about medical terminology.... Every time I went in, I saw a different doctor. I would ask questions and a doctor would flip through my chard and then I would be told they'd have to call me later because they didn't know for sure. It was really frustrating.... I thought this clinic was on the cutting edge of technology because they are at a research university, but I later realized that was not the case at all
2009 - 2012
How was your experience with Mark Gibson at University of Utah?
He was a funny guy, but didn't explain things very well. I had to ask a lot of questions about medical terminology. At the end of our treatment with him, he told us to use donor eggs. We got pregnant on the first cycle at a new clinic, with our own eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Gibson at University of Utah?
I would advise them to get a different opinion before following the treatment course he suggests.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Gibson at University of Utah?
Describe the protocols Mark Gibson used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
We did IVF with him. I don't remember my medication dosage, but he told me they couldn't increase it any more. I went to a different clinic and got pregnant on the first cycle with them.
The nursing staff was mostly great! One nurse was always very short and seemed grumpy, but I didn't have to work with her very often. The nurses were great about getting back to me quickly with medication changes and/or updates.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I thought this clinic was on the cutting edge of technology because they are at a research university, but I later realized that was not the case at all. I also didn't like that I never knew what doctor I'd be seeing or who would be doing my procedures, etc. The only good thing about this clinic is that the nurses were quick to respond when I left messages, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Gibson at University of Utah.
IVF was around $8500. I don't remember how much my meds were for that cycle.
What specific things went wrong at University of Utah?
Mark Gibson