Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolTulane
ResidencyTravis AF Base
FellowshipMed Col of Georgia / NIH
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Johnson to a friend?
9.7

The doctor [Dr. Mark Johnson] was always so kind and interested in you and your family. He remember certain things about me and I felt like he got to know me and my husband as a person...Great bedside manner and compassionate care for his patients. He is well educated and explained everything ever step of the way and was there to answer any question that I had...we had male factor infertility, so he prescribed me low dosages of the medications. I was grateful for this as it not only saved me money but I didn't have any bad experiences or reactions with any of the mediations.
They [Sher Fertility of Las Vegas] are very organized from the beginning. They describe everything well and provide you with a detail calendar to follow and what to expect. Any questions I had I was able to contact staff or the doctor and received a response the same day or if not they next day. My nurse is always available by email which made it super easy to communicate all my questions...my supervisors were flexible with me and my schedule. They allowed me to come in later so I could schedule my monitoring for first thing in the morning. I felt that it ran pretty smoothly never felt like there was a huge line or wait. I did notice on the day of retrieval and transfer there were many women waiting in the lobby. This was due to everyone's cycle being scheduled together.
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Dr. Johnson has been an amazing doctor throughout this entire process! I am so happy we chose him as our doctor. Great bedside manner and compassionate care for his patients. He is well educated and explained everything ever step of the way and was there to answer any question that I had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
You will be in good hands with Dr. Johnson. He takes the time to get to know you and your situation and develops a plan that is appropriate for your treatment. He is thorough and knows his stuff. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have them. Him and his nursing staff are great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
The doctor was always so kind and interested in you and your family. He remember certain things about me and I felt like he got to know me and my husband as a person.
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas) and their degree of success.
For us we had male factor infertility, so he prescribed me low dosages of the medications. I was grateful for this as it not only saved me money but I didn't have any bad experiences or reactions with any of the mediations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Chelsy)
Chelsy was always so sweet and kind throughout the entire process. I really appreciated her patience with me through during this time as I always had questions or concerns. She was available by phone and email which was super convenient for me with a busy schedule.
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
They are very organized from the beginning. They describe everything well and provide you with a detail calendar to follow and what to expect. Any questions I had I was able to contact staff or the doctor and received a response the same day or if not they next day. My nurse is always available by email which made it super easy to communicate all my questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
I'm lucky that my supervisors were flexible with me and my schedule. They allowed me to come in later so I could schedule my monitoring for first thing in the morning. I felt that it ran pretty smoothly never felt like there was a huge line or wait. I did notice on the day of retrieval and transfer there were many women waiting in the lobby. This was due to everyone's cycle being scheduled together.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
SIRM is a little bit newer to the Las Vegas area and they try to offer low cost services compared to other offices in the area.
Describe Mark Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
Single embryo transfer for safer positive outcomes.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Johnson at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).

Dr. Johnson spent lots of time talking with me, never felt rushed. He showed empathy & compassion for our situation and seemed like he genuinely cared about our case ... I did an ERA biopsy with him and he didn't get all of the measurements in the first US, had to go back in. ... He ordered lab work then said he didn't understand the results and I should seek primary care. ... He might truly be amazing at his job, but he puts you at ill ease as he always seemed a bit unsure, nervouse, clumsy a bit with his speech, demeanour & performance.
They (Sher Fertility of Las Vegas) have a patient portal but sometimes contact you via email or via phone. You tend to have a single nurse contact, but then along the way you might interact with others too. The nurses aren't directly available by phone 24/7, but often respond after hours via email. If you have trouble with that, they ahve a 24/7 answering service that will put you in touch with a doctor or nurse if need be. Very well-run operation
European, Latino
Although Dr. Johnson really seemed like he cared and was super patient & kind, he came off like he did not understand what he was doing in every communication. I hate to this say this, but it is true. He ordered lab work then said he didn't understand the results and I should seek primary care. I did an ERA biopsy with him and he didn't get all of the measurements in the first US, had to go back in. I even felt the nurse was a bit embarrassed by his manner. He might truly be amazing at his job, but he puts you at ill ease as he always seemed a bit unsure, nervouse, clumsy a bit with his speech, demeanour & performance. This may not effect his ability to provide results, I'm just not sure. But being "veterans" at this and looking for direction, support, comfort, finality, we didn't feel we could get it with him sorry to say.
"Interview" multiple doctors and choose the one that feels the best fit for you, whether that's Dr. Johnson or someone else. Just because we didn't feel it was quite right doesn't mean he won't be the right choice for you.
Estrace, Delestrogen, PIO - ERA
the nursing staff there is totally stellar. They are on top of it, available, helpful, & kind!
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
The clinic is nice, clean, comfortable. All of the nurses & staff are friendly & well organized. They have a patient portal but sometimes contact you via email or via phone. You tend to have a single nurse contact, but then along the way you might interact with others too. The nurses aren't directly available by phone 24/7, but often respond after hours via email. If you have trouble with that, they ahve a 24/7 answering service that will put you in touch with a doctor or nurse if need be. Very well-run operation
Around $2000 for Blood Draws, Ultrasounds, Meds, ERA, & Labs
+ Read more- Read less

IUI - cycle [with Dr. Mark Johnson] was cancelled due to slow growing follicles. Ovulated on my own resulting in a chemical...Responded well to clomid previous cycle but not at all on this one so it was cancelled...I saw Dr Johnson at every single appointment! My husband travels a lot for work and I swear DR J knew his schedule better than I did!! I even have his personal cell number which lets face it not a lot of DR's give that out...While we haven't had our miracle rainbow baby yet I wouldn't go back and not be a patient of DR Johnson's. Not only did we see him at every appointment but he took an interest in us as people not just patients. New Patient Advice Doctor Nps
The medical assistant that worked with us [at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas] had her strengths and her weaknesses. Let's start with her weaknesses which was not being able to remember what our treatment plan was and telling me to inject an intramuscular HCG into my stomach. Her strengths were that she is very nice and compassionate and she is AMAZING at taking blood!! I have veins that aren't easy to find and she would always get it first try! If someone else tried I would just ask for her!...They also do not treat their patients like a number... when you are there you feel like you are among friends. Weakness would be that they are pretty busy so it can be hard to get a hold of someone immediately but you will always get a call back.
DR Johnson is an amazing doctor! While we haven't had our miracle rainbow baby yet I wouldn't go back and not be a patient of DR Johnson's. Not only did we see him at every appointment but he took an interest in us as people not just patients.
You will leave happy that you chose him!
Cycle 1 - 5mg Letrozole IUI - cycle was cancelled due to slow growing follicles. Ovulated on my own resulting in a chemical. Cycle 2 - 100mg Clomid IUI - BFN Cycle 3 - 100mg Clomid IUI - Responded well to clomid previous cycle but not at all on this one so it was cancelled
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Kristina)
The medical assistant that worked with us had her strengths and her weaknesses. Let's start with her weaknesses which was not being able to remember what our treatment plan was and telling me to inject an intramuscular HCG into my stomach. Her strengths were that she is very nice and compassionate and she is AMAZING at taking blood!! I have veins that aren't easy to find and she would always get it first try! If someone else tried I would just ask for her!
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
Strengths are how amazing they are with their patients and that I've seen my doctor at every visit! They also do not treat their patients like a number... when you are there you feel like you are among friends. Weakness would be that they are pretty busy so it can be hard to get a hold of someone immediately but you will always get a call back.
+ Read more- Read less

Don’t be turned off by the initial endearing ‘quirkiness’ [of Dr Mark Johnson]; he is extremely intelligent and has a heart of gold...They are willing to transfer two, but Dr Johnson wants us to meet with a high risk OB before doing so...was the second local doctor we had a consultation with and the first doctor to spend the time with us. During our consultation he spent over two hours with us explaining every detail of treatment, going over our files and personal issues and never rushed us. He makes us feel like he has all the time in the world for us and we’re never rushed.
SIRM as a whole seems to push a single embryo transfer versus multiple, but seems that it would be determined by your age...This is the 3rd clinic we reached out to (second locally), and couldn’t recommend them more. After every appointment I leave feeling more confident in choosing them...even the receptionist Shamila is so nice and always answers my questions and calls me back fast with answers...Over the phone if dealt with Dayana who is quick to answer questions and send emails at the times she says she will. In person I’ve dealt more with Christine(a?) who is awesome. She has a great personality and makes us feel comfortable and welcome every time.
Dr. Johnson is extremely welcoming and compassionate. We never feel like a number and always like someone he truly cares about. Our first consultation he spent almost two and a half hours with us explaining every single detail of the treatments and our file. He then asked if we had time for a quick ultrasound so he could get a better look at my follicles. He always asks if we’re comfortable and says we can slow the process down if we need/want to. Our second appointment, I was scheduled for a sonohystogram near the same time as a PESA for my husband so we wouldn’t be waiting for each other. Two days before the appointment my husbands scheduled time got moved up 4 1/2 hours (to 630 am) and Dr. Johnson came in earlier than he was scheduled that day so we weren’t waiting for each other. He was so incredibly nice about it. (I mean what doctor would do that?!) Dr. Johnson has a great sense of humor and laughs/jokes with us often; which I could see some people having a problem with, but I love it. It’s already a serious enough process that it’s nice to not feel so stressed during the appointments.
Don’t be turned off by the initial endearing ‘quirkiness’; he is extremely intelligent and has a heart of gold.
Dr. Johnson was the second local doctor we had a consultation with and the first doctor to spend the time with us. During our consultation he spent over two hours with us explaining every detail of treatment, going over our files and personal issues and never rushed us. He makes us feel like he has all the time in the world for us and we’re never rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Dayana )
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
This is the 3rd clinic we reached out to (second locally), and couldn’t recommend them more. After every appointment I leave feeling more confident in choosing them. Our first consult at red rock fertility we weren’t even able to see the doctor and were pushed into signing up that day. It just didn’t feel right. At SIRM, even the receptionist Shamila is so nice and always answers my questions and calls me back fast with answers.
Dr. Johnson does ‘step’ billing as I call it, which I love. The IVF/retrieval portion is $8100, not including meds; transfer is $2900, not including meds; PESA is $850 with optional $450 anesthesia; PGT-A is $1850 plus $1450 for 8 embryos. You Pay each step when you get to it.
SIRM as a whole seems to push a single embryo transfer versus multiple, but seems that it would be determined by your age. They are willing to transfer two, but Dr Johnson wants us to meet with a high risk OB before doing so.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Johnson was so kind and caring, I would cry at every appointment and he took the time to listen. His approach was positive and warm, he didn't provide any false hope to us when things looked grim. He was accommodating with our schedules for monitoring and the IUIs we did with him.... He did what many people who try to understand infertility but fall short in, he validated everything we were feeling. He took his time explaining every detail with us, which was so important at the beginning of this difficult process.
At the time the clinic [AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] was short staffed on nursing staff, so the nurses were quite busy juggling a lot of moving parts. This ultimately was a reason we decided to seek a second opinion and go with a different clinic. IVF is a very detailed and delicate process that requires a lot of attention and it made me nervous to think Im shelling out a ton of money to possibly fall through the cracks.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
He is very kind and compassionate, has a great bedside manner for such a difficult time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Dr. Johnson was our first infertility doctor. He treated us like a human, was so patient, kind, and compassionate. He did what many people who try to understand infertility but fall short in, he validated everything we were feeling. He took his time explaining every detail with us, which was so important at the beginning of this difficult process.
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
We did one HSG to ensure my tubes were open due to the fact I have mild endometriosis, three IUI's with Dr. Johnson, and one timed intercourse, because I responded well to clomid and had plenty of follicles being produced. And my husbands semen analysis had good numbers too post wash. However we never got pregnant via IUI's/TI with Dr. Johnson.
At the time the clinic was short staffed on nursing staff, so the nurses were quite busy juggling a lot of moving parts. This ultimately was a reason we decided to seek a second opinion and go with a different clinic. IVF is a very detailed and delicate process that requires a lot of attention and it made me nervous to think Im shelling out a ton of money to possibly fall through the cracks.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
At the time when we were with AARH we were told 3 IUI's and if no success we could move onto IVF. Well three unsuccessful IUI's we sat down to discuss our next steps, we were quoted a $30,000 price tag without medications. We were not surprised by this and willing to still pursue treatment with the clinic. However we were told we would need to wait an additional three months prior to starting a cycle due to staffing issues. I work as a nurse, I am very familiar with staffing issues, it seems a little crazy to give that much money and be told to wait even more after you've been waiting for so long, my patience was growing very thin. Im sure they probably have straightened everything out now considering this was roughly three years ago. Strengths definitely is Dr. Johnson's warm, compassionate bedside manner, this is a hard process to go through and to have someone be kind and understand what youre feeling is truly priceless.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Luckily all my IUI's were covered by my insurance all I had to pay for was meds think it was like $300 for Clomid and Ovidrel trigger.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Only thing went wrong was that we were told 3 IUI's and if no success then move onto IVF. We were ready to start after 3 failed IUI's and then told we needed to wait an additional three months due to staffing issues.
Gilbert
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Mark Johnson] neglected important blood work for me. He did not test my AMH level, which indicates ovarian reserve. I spent several months in his care never knowing that my ovarian reserve was low. I didn't find out until I moved states and switched doctors...He seemed to understate our fertility diagnosis. On our first visit he told us "I see no reason why you won't walk out of here pregnant." ... I think if he's initial work-up had been more thorough we would have had a better understanding of our fertility situation.
The billing department [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] is a nightmare. It is extremely difficult to get a call back from them. I remember that they were understaffed and that much of the billing was falling to one individual who was well-intentioned but under-resourced... I was also still dealing with billing issues many months after leaving the clinic...There seems to be a lot of turn over in the nursing staff.
Dr. Johnson is an excellent doctor. He is very warm and compassionate. However, I would be reluctant to refer friends to him for two reasons. 1) He neglected important blood work for me. He did not test my AMH level, which indicates ovarian reserve. I spent several months in his care never knowing that my ovarian reserve was low. I didn't find out until I moved states and switched doctors. 2) He seemed to understate our fertility diagnosis. On our first visit he told us "I see no reason why you won't walk out of here pregnant." Well, it's been two years of constant treatments, two different procedures for my husband, and we still aren't pregnant. I think if he's initial work-up had been more thorough we would have had a better understanding of our fertility situation.
Sometimes you may need to steer the conversation to the answers you need. I noticed that he dodges difficult questions with humor at times. For example I asked him why our IUI cycle had failed and he said "well it's dark in there and sperm can't see." This would have been a great opportunity to dig deeper into our sperm quality. He does seem willing to answer questions though, so I would simply recommend being very direct if you are looking for concrete answers.
Dr. Johnson was very caring and took ample time to speak with us. He was our first experience with an infertility doctor and he was very kind and optimistic.
We used clomid at half the standard starting dose for two of my cycles. (I believe it was 25 mg rather than 50mg, but I'm not certain) His rationale was that he wanted to be sure I didn't over stimulate, causing the cycle to be cancelled since he wouldn't perform the IUI if there were more than 2-3 mature follicles. The second round of clomid I only had 1 mature follicle and had cyst during my next baseline after that cycle failed. He switched me to femara and I had a better response and less side effects on that medication.
There seems to be a lot of turn over in the nursing staff. They weren't particularly memorable to me. I do remember some difficulty getting through to them on the phone.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
This clinic cannot process paperwork! The billing department is a nightmare. It is extremely difficult to get a call back from them. I remember that they were understaffed and that much of the billing was falling to one individual who was well-intentioned but under-resourced. I did have to escalate my concerns to a clinic director at one point. I was also still dealing with billing issues many months after leaving the clinic. I did not receive a bill for our initial consultation until nearly one year after the consult occurred. (They told me this was my insurance company's fault, however I've never, ever seen any of my insurance companies take that long to process a claim, so I am doubtful that the insurance was completely to blame.) When you do call the billing department be prepared for very long hold times.
$500 for IUI procedure, $200-300 per ultrasound (two per cycle)
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
My main concerns with this clinic came from the billing department (previously described) and the fact that my ovarian reserve was never tested. The hold times to get in touch with a nurse was also frustrating.
Phoenix (closed)

2009 - 2011
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I seldom saw Dr. Johnson himself: more often I saw one of his nurses, as they performed nearly all ultrasounds and even the IUIs. When I actually saw Dr. Johnson, he was very kind and knowledgeable and had a good bedside manner... I understand that he and his wife also required IVF to conceive, so I believe that gives him a greater understanding of what his patients are going through.
Dr. Johnson [at ARMS] always runs behind schedule, sometimes significantly so, so plan accordingly... I was supposed to get my first ultrasound confirming pregnancy there during my donor egg IVF cycle -- they were my monitoring clinic because we cycled out of state - and they made an error in scheduling the ultrasound appointment.
2009 - 2011
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr. Johnson is kind and compassionate. He is very smart in an absent-minded professor sort of way. I understand that he and his wife also required IVF to conceive, so I believe that gives him a greater understanding of what his patients are going through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
He always runs behind schedule, sometimes significantly so, so plan accordingly
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
We started with Clomid only, then moved to Clomid plus IUI and added Follistim after two cycles. After six failed treatment cycles, IVF was recommended, but we chose not to move forward with IVF using my eggs because the only explanation Dr. Johnson ever gave for our unexplained infertility was that I must have "old eggs" and because the success rates for women in my age range doing IVF at his clinic were low.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I honestly don't remember precisely. I think our insurance paid for a portion of the first three IUIs and then we had to pay out of pocket 100% after that
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists
Phoenix
+ Read more- Read less
I felt that this doctor [Dr. Johnson] took a personal interest in my case, calling me personally and addressing issues. However this doctor did not display a sense of urgency or timeliness about my treatments, so I eventually left this clinic....I felt like a human when this doctor called me personally...The treatment strategies used were appropriate but they did not take a proactive role in managing our care....
This clinic [AZ Assoc Repro Health] appears at first to give quality service, but on subsequent visits I heard the office staff making derisive comments about clients who were calling in, saying there being irrational or hysterical. This made me trust the clinic less...My nurse was a clear communicator and answered questions fully....This clinic just did not make our treatments a priority when it became clear we would need to work on getting funding at each stage.
I felt that this doctor took a personal interest in my case, calling me personally and addressing issues. However this doctor did not display a sense of urgency or timeliness about my treatments, so I eventually left this clinic.
Ask for a clear timeline and follow up if they are not making timely progress on your insurance or treatments.
I felt like a human when this doctor called me personally. I did not like when they couldn't make time to schedule my procedures because they did not plan it correctly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Corinne)
My nurse was a clear communicator and answered questions fully.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
This clinic appears at first to give quality service, but on subsequent visits I heard the office staff making derisive comments about clients who were calling in, saying there being irrational or hysterical. This made me trust the clinic less.
The costs of care were approx said to be $17k for IVF.
Scottsdale
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Johnson experienced infertility personally, so he gets it. He was thorough and compassionate, but also realistic. We felt informed and safe. We also liked that Dr. Johnson had us do genetic screening which was useful...Dr. Johnson spent a lot of time consulting with us and learning about our experience with infertility. He was very warm and personable. He was also easy to reach with questions along the way...Be prepared to do the genetic screening- this is important to Dr. Johnson. He really wants a clear picture of your situation before proceeding.
Scheduling can be hard [at AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] , so it's best if you can be flexible about which location you go to. Mostly great. There was one woman who would answer phones who was very rude. But mostly his staff was great and even took calls on the weekends...I think the total cost for one IUI cycle was about $1100
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
We did a monitored cycle with femara, then a trigger shot for ovulation followed by IUI. We also discussed moving on to IVF next.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Scheduling can be hard, so it's best if you can be flexible about which location you go to.
I think the total cost for one IUI cycle was about $1100
Phoenix (closed)
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.

Dr Johnson saw me at every appointment (unless it was just blood work) and did all monitoring and procedures. He and his staff new me by name and were interested in getting to know me and my husband. I felt like they truly cared and were personally invested in my success...