Mark Johnson

Med Col of Georgia / NIH

1 patient review filtered by:

2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I seldom saw Dr. Johnson himself: more often I saw one of his nurses, as they performed nearly all ultrasounds and even the IUIs. When I actually saw Dr. Johnson, he was very kind and knowledgeable and had a good bedside manner... I understand that he and his wife also required IVF to conceive, so I believe that gives him a greater understanding of what his patients are going through.
Dr. Johnson [at ARMS] always runs behind schedule, sometimes significantly so, so plan accordingly... I was supposed to get my first ultrasound confirming pregnancy there during my donor egg IVF cycle -- they were my monitoring clinic because we cycled out of state - and they made an error in scheduling the ultrasound appointment.
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr. Johnson is kind and compassionate. He is very smart in an absent-minded professor sort of way. I understand that he and his wife also required IVF to conceive, so I believe that gives him a greater understanding of what his patients are going through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
He always runs behind schedule, sometimes significantly so, so plan accordingly
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
We started with Clomid only, then moved to Clomid plus IUI and added Follistim after two cycles. After six failed treatment cycles, IVF was recommended, but we chose not to move forward with IVF using my eggs because the only explanation Dr. Johnson ever gave for our unexplained infertility was that I must have "old eggs" and because the success rates for women in my age range doing IVF at his clinic were low.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I honestly don't remember precisely. I think our insurance paid for a portion of the first three IUIs and then we had to pay out of pocket 100% after that
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Mark Johnson