9.8

7.1

Tulane
Travis AF Base
Med Col of Georgia / NIH

The doctor [Dr. Mark Johnson] was always so kind and interested in you and your family. He remember certain things about me and I felt like he got to know me and my husband as a person...Great bedside manner and compassionate care for his patients. He is well educated and explained everything ever step of the way and was there to answer any question that I had...we had male factor infertility, so he prescribed me low dosages of the medications. I was grateful for this as it not only saved me money but I didn't have any bad experiences or reactions with any of the mediations.
They [Sher Fertility of Las Vegas] are very organized from the beginning. They describe everything well and provide you with a detail calendar to follow and what to expect. Any questions I had I was able to contact staff or the doctor and received a response the same day or if not they next day. My nurse is always available by email which made it super easy to communicate all my questions...my supervisors were flexible with me and my schedule. They allowed me to come in later so I could schedule my monitoring for first thing in the morning. I felt that it ran pretty smoothly never felt like there was a huge line or wait. I did notice on the day of retrieval and transfer there were many women waiting in the lobby. This was due to everyone's cycle being scheduled together.
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
Dr. Johnson has been an amazing doctor throughout this entire process! I am so happy we chose him as our doctor. Great bedside manner and compassionate care for his patients. He is well educated and explained everything ever step of the way and was there to answer any question that I had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
You will be in good hands with Dr. Johnson. He takes the time to get to know you and your situation and develops a plan that is appropriate for your treatment. He is thorough and knows his stuff. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have them. Him and his nursing staff are great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas)?
The doctor was always so kind and interested in you and your family. He remember certain things about me and I felt like he got to know me and my husband as a person.
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas) and their degree of success.
For us we had male factor infertility, so he prescribed me low dosages of the medications. I was grateful for this as it not only saved me money but I didn't have any bad experiences or reactions with any of the mediations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Chelsy)
Chelsy was always so sweet and kind throughout the entire process. I really appreciated her patience with me through during this time as I always had questions or concerns. She was available by phone and email which was super convenient for me with a busy schedule.
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
They are very organized from the beginning. They describe everything well and provide you with a detail calendar to follow and what to expect. Any questions I had I was able to contact staff or the doctor and received a response the same day or if not they next day. My nurse is always available by email which made it super easy to communicate all my questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
I'm lucky that my supervisors were flexible with me and my schedule. They allowed me to come in later so I could schedule my monitoring for first thing in the morning. I felt that it ran pretty smoothly never felt like there was a huge line or wait. I did notice on the day of retrieval and transfer there were many women waiting in the lobby. This was due to everyone's cycle being scheduled together.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
SIRM is a little bit newer to the Las Vegas area and they try to offer low cost services compared to other offices in the area.
Describe Mark Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
Single embryo transfer for safer positive outcomes.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Johnson cares about his patients and wants them to succeed in their family planning goals. He is on the roller-coaster ride of fertility alongside his patients...does everything he can to help...explains test results thoroughly and offers recommendations for next steps...We did our retrieval, then did an ERA test to check the best timing of the transfer before doing an FET to rule out any potential chromosomal issues with the embryo.
The clinic is busy but I see that as a strength of the work done by the team at ARI. Their growth shows the success they have at helping families achieve their family planning goals. The team is small, which helps you get to know the staff you work with at every stage of your fertility journey...[nurses] are just as invested in your journey as the doctor is and want the best for you. They are communicative, optimistic, and caring.
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Institute?
Dr. Johnson is a great doctor. He cares deeply about his patients family planning goals and does everything he can to help his patients. He explains test results thoroughly and offers recommendations for next steps, working with the couple to achieve their goals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Institute?
Best fertility doctor in Tucson!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Institute?
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at Arizona Reproductive Institute and their degree of success.
We started with timed intercourse. This consisted of ovidrel trigger shots. After another miscarriage, we decided to pursue IVF. We did our retrieval, then did an ERA test to check the best timing of the transfer before doing an FET to rule out any potential chromosomal issues with the embryo. Our IVF cycle included: Menopur, Follistim, Cetrotide, Omnitrope, and Leuprolide (maybe one or two other meds). Our FET cycle included: Progesterone in oil and suppositories and Estradiol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arizona Reproductive Institute.
The nursing team at ARI is top-notch. They are just as invested in your journey as the doctor is and want the best for you. They are communicative, optimistic, and caring.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Monitoring appointments tended to be in the mornings with little wait times. Usually you go in and you're the only patient in the waiting room and quickly go to the exam room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Institute.
Approximately $20-23k per IVF cycle
Describe Mark Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Reproductive Institute.
It was recommended to transfer a single embryo, which is all we wanted to do.
Arizona Reproductive Institute
Tucson
[Dr. Mark Johnson] only saw me after I already had my egg retrieval and two transfers. By the time I saw him I had already decided I wanted an ERS. He performed it and results were pre-receptive. He then did a transfer for me and was very thorough with cleaning cervix and exiquiting the transfer...[ESET Approach] I have been transfering two embryos for all three transfers because I have untested eggs.
I have worked with the one clinic my [Arizona Reproductive Institute] whole proccess but I've seen three different doctors due to them leaving....They are great with communication and scheduling. They are always very nice and informative. They also help figure out pricing before all procedures which really helps when you're self pay like we are. The team is really nice to work with and I would recommend them to my friends.
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Reproductive Institute?
It's honestly too early to tell. He did my ERA and a failed transfer. Due to Covid-19 and me saving up funds for next transfer I haven't seen him since my failed transfer. I wish I would have had one doctor my whole journey but that just wasnt in the cards.
I dont have any advice in regards to him specifically but I can say in general, have your questions written down because when you're actually there you want to get all your questions answered.
I have worked with the one clinic my whole proccess but I've seen three different doctors due to them leaving. I am now with Dr. Johnson and he performed my ERA and found I'm receptive. Due to my insurance not covering infertility, the clinic is very upfront and open about pricing which I like. I've now done three transfers and and ERA and they have been very understanding with me.
Again, he only saw me after I already had my egg retrieval and two transfers. By the time I saw him I had already decided I wanted an ERS. He performed it and results were pre-receptive. He then did a transfer for me and was very thorough with cleaning cervix and exiquiting the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Institute.
They are all very sweet and make you feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Institute.
For egg retrieval, ERA, 3 transfer, and medication we spent roughly $24,000.00 so far, out of pocket due to not having fertility insurance.
Arizona Reproductive Institute
Tucson

Don’t be turned off by the initial endearing ‘quirkiness’ [of Dr Mark Johnson]; he is extremely intelligent and has a heart of gold...They are willing to transfer two, but Dr Johnson wants us to meet with a high risk OB before doing so...was the second local doctor we had a consultation with and the first doctor to spend the time with us. During our consultation he spent over two hours with us explaining every detail of treatment, going over our files and personal issues and never rushed us. He makes us feel like he has all the time in the world for us and we’re never rushed.
SIRM as a whole seems to push a single embryo transfer versus multiple, but seems that it would be determined by your age...This is the 3rd clinic we reached out to (second locally), and couldn’t recommend them more. After every appointment I leave feeling more confident in choosing them...even the receptionist Shamila is so nice and always answers my questions and calls me back fast with answers...Over the phone if dealt with Dayana who is quick to answer questions and send emails at the times she says she will. In person I’ve dealt more with Christine(a?) who is awesome. She has a great personality and makes us feel comfortable and welcome every time.
Dr. Johnson is extremely welcoming and compassionate. We never feel like a number and always like someone he truly cares about. Our first consultation he spent almost two and a half hours with us explaining every single detail of the treatments and our file. He then asked if we had time for a quick ultrasound so he could get a better look at my follicles. He always asks if we’re comfortable and says we can slow the process down if we need/want to. Our second appointment, I was scheduled for a sonohystogram near the same time as a PESA for my husband so we wouldn’t be waiting for each other. Two days before the appointment my husbands scheduled time got moved up 4 1/2 hours (to 630 am) and Dr. Johnson came in earlier than he was scheduled that day so we weren’t waiting for each other. He was so incredibly nice about it. (I mean what doctor would do that?!) Dr. Johnson has a great sense of humor and laughs/jokes with us often; which I could see some people having a problem with, but I love it. It’s already a serious enough process that it’s nice to not feel so stressed during the appointments.
Don’t be turned off by the initial endearing ‘quirkiness’; he is extremely intelligent and has a heart of gold.
Dr. Johnson was the second local doctor we had a consultation with and the first doctor to spend the time with us. During our consultation he spent over two hours with us explaining every detail of treatment, going over our files and personal issues and never rushed us. He makes us feel like he has all the time in the world for us and we’re never rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Dayana )
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
This is the 3rd clinic we reached out to (second locally), and couldn’t recommend them more. After every appointment I leave feeling more confident in choosing them. Our first consult at red rock fertility we weren’t even able to see the doctor and were pushed into signing up that day. It just didn’t feel right. At SIRM, even the receptionist Shamila is so nice and always answers my questions and calls me back fast with answers.
Dr. Johnson does ‘step’ billing as I call it, which I love. The IVF/retrieval portion is $8100, not including meds; transfer is $2900, not including meds; PESA is $850 with optional $450 anesthesia; PGT-A is $1850 plus $1450 for 8 embryos. You Pay each step when you get to it.
SIRM as a whole seems to push a single embryo transfer versus multiple, but seems that it would be determined by your age. They are willing to transfer two, but Dr Johnson wants us to meet with a high risk OB before doing so.
Las Vegas

IUI - cycle [with Dr. Mark Johnson] was cancelled due to slow growing follicles. Ovulated on my own resulting in a chemical...Responded well to clomid previous cycle but not at all on this one so it was cancelled...I saw Dr Johnson at every single appointment! My husband travels a lot for work and I swear DR J knew his schedule better than I did!! I even have his personal cell number which lets face it not a lot of DR's give that out...While we haven't had our miracle rainbow baby yet I wouldn't go back and not be a patient of DR Johnson's. Not only did we see him at every appointment but he took an interest in us as people not just patients. New Patient Advice Doctor Nps
The medical assistant that worked with us [at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas] had her strengths and her weaknesses. Let's start with her weaknesses which was not being able to remember what our treatment plan was and telling me to inject an intramuscular HCG into my stomach. Her strengths were that she is very nice and compassionate and she is AMAZING at taking blood!! I have veins that aren't easy to find and she would always get it first try! If someone else tried I would just ask for her!...They also do not treat their patients like a number... when you are there you feel like you are among friends. Weakness would be that they are pretty busy so it can be hard to get a hold of someone immediately but you will always get a call back.
DR Johnson is an amazing doctor! While we haven't had our miracle rainbow baby yet I wouldn't go back and not be a patient of DR Johnson's. Not only did we see him at every appointment but he took an interest in us as people not just patients.
You will leave happy that you chose him!
Cycle 1 - 5mg Letrozole IUI - cycle was cancelled due to slow growing follicles. Ovulated on my own resulting in a chemical. Cycle 2 - 100mg Clomid IUI - BFN Cycle 3 - 100mg Clomid IUI - Responded well to clomid previous cycle but not at all on this one so it was cancelled
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas). (Assigned nurse: Kristina)
The medical assistant that worked with us had her strengths and her weaknesses. Let's start with her weaknesses which was not being able to remember what our treatment plan was and telling me to inject an intramuscular HCG into my stomach. Her strengths were that she is very nice and compassionate and she is AMAZING at taking blood!! I have veins that aren't easy to find and she would always get it first try! If someone else tried I would just ask for her!
Describe your experience with Nevada Fertility Center (FKA SIRM Las Vegas).
Strengths are how amazing they are with their patients and that I've seen my doctor at every visit! They also do not treat their patients like a number... when you are there you feel like you are among friends. Weakness would be that they are pretty busy so it can be hard to get a hold of someone immediately but you will always get a call back.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Since our infertility was male factor, he [Dr. Mark Johnson] strongly suggested only one embryo be transferred...He was invested in our care. He took the time to get to know us. He was honest with us...We loved Dr. Johnson. He was warm and kind to us. He explained the procedures, and was honest about our chances of conceiving with the different types of fertility treatments. He completed every procedure that I had.
The nurses [at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health] were nice. We noticed that there was not one consistent nurse. It seemed as though the previous nurses no longer worked at the clinic...We went to the clinic in Gilbert for doctor’s visits. We went to the Scottsdale clinic for our egg retrieval and embryo transfers. The clinics were clean, and the staff was friendly. We saw Dr. Patel at the office, but we did not meet him. The lab was closed in December for cleaning, so we had to wait a month for our embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Come up with list of questions to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
The nurses were nice. We noticed that there was not one consistent nurse. It seemed as though the previous nurses no longer worked at the clinic.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Describe Mark Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Since our infertility was male factor, he strongly suggested only one embryo be transferred.
Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health
Gilbert
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Johnson experienced infertility personally, so he gets it. He was thorough and compassionate, but also realistic. We felt informed and safe. We also liked that Dr. Johnson had us do genetic screening which was useful...Dr. Johnson spent a lot of time consulting with us and learning about our experience with infertility. He was very warm and personable. He was also easy to reach with questions along the way...Be prepared to do the genetic screening- this is important to Dr. Johnson. He really wants a clear picture of your situation before proceeding.
Scheduling can be hard [at AZ Associates for Reproductive Health] , so it's best if you can be flexible about which location you go to. Mostly great. There was one woman who would answer phones who was very rude. But mostly his staff was great and even took calls on the weekends...I think the total cost for one IUI cycle was about $1100
Describe the protocols Mark Johnson used in your cycles at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
We did a monitored cycle with femara, then a trigger shot for ovulation followed by IUI. We also discussed moving on to IVF next.
Describe your experience with Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
Scheduling can be hard, so it's best if you can be flexible about which location you go to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Johnson at Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health.
I think the total cost for one IUI cycle was about $1100
Arizona Associates for Reproductive Health
Phoenix (closed)
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr Johnson saw me at every appointment (unless it was just blood work) and did all monitoring and procedures. He and his staff new me by name and were interested in getting to know me and my husband. I felt like they truly cared and were personally invested in my success...