Medical SchoolLoyola U.
FellowshipCornell
CCRM OC Jamboree
3501 Jamboree Road, Suite 1100
Newport Beach, CA 92660
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Kan to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Orange County to a friend?
2010 - 2013
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Kan is highly skilled and I felt I could trust him with my fertility. He was kind and funny and professional. I like that it is just him in the practice because you really develop a relationship with him, and he does everything for you. I could tell he is highly respected in the medical community by the way other doctors spoke of him...The office staff and Dr. Kan were always kind, they were always on time which showed they valued my time, everything was comfortable and clean and nice in the office, Dr. Kan was always kind and funny and responsive to my concerns...
2010 - 2013
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County?
Trust him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County?
Describe the protocols Mark Kan used in your cycles at CCRM Orange County and their degree of success.
I first froze my eggs with Dr. Kan when I was single. It was a typical treatment course - FSH injections to stimulate follicles, HCG to stimulate ovulation, and then oocyte aspiration to retrieve the eggs, with ultrasound monitoring throughout to determine timing - when the eggs were big enough but not too big. Then, later, with my husband, Dr. Kan wanted to save my frozen eggs as a backup. We did 3 IUI's, first with clomid, then with Clomid and FSH injections, they were unsuccessful. We did 2 full rounds of IVF and got pregnant with twins on our second round. Both rounds we did FSH injections, ultrasound monitoring, HCG, egg retrieval, and fresh embryo transfers. The first round there only 3 embryos that developed well, so we put in 3 at day 3. It was unsuccessful. The second round, which was successful, I did birth control pills to prepare for the cycle and acupuncture. We had 5 well-developing embryos, so we put in 2 at day 5. Both implanted and thrived, and I had fraternal twin girls!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Orange County. (Assigned nurse: I had two, April and Danielle. I know April isn't there anymore.)
The nurses were great - smart, knowledgeable, kind, responsive to questions, and worked well with Dr. Kan.
Describe your experience with CCRM Orange County.
I loved this clinic because it is small but very well organized and top of the line. Everything is really nice and seems new. I felt like I got so much attention and the top level of care. I usually only saw one other patient at my visits, and I never had to wait. It was so calm and professional. I got a good feeling whenever I went there, even through hard times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County.
The IUI cycles were around 1500-3000, less without the FSH injection costs. The egg retrieval with everything was $10000, the first IVF was around $15,000, the second $13,000
2006 - 2012
3 IUI, IVF
2006 - 2012
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County?
We felt Dr. Kan was straight forward and gave us all the facts on what we faced and helped us feel we were in the right clinic with the right doctor. From the beginning he informed us that IVF was probably the route we would need to take with all the infertility factors we had. Although we tried a few IUI cycles, he had prepared us that the chances weren't high that we would have success with this. We did have success getting pregnant with our first round of IVF with fresh embryos but unfortunately we lost our identical twins far into the pregnancy. After this tragedy, Dr. Kan helped us move forward, giving us recommendations on local perinatologists to see us through the next pregnancy. 6 months later, we had success once again with Dr. Kan using frozen embryos from that original IVF round. We now have healthy fraternal twin girls.
Dr. Kan's office didn't feel like a bustling office with patients being herded back and forth. It had a nice, quiet environment that was so helpful as we were already stressed with our infertility issues. The staff was excellent and Dr. Kan always spent plenty of time answering our questions and helping us understand next steps in the process.
The nursing staff was competent and friendly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Orange County.
The strengths of this clinic when I was a patient there was their accessibility and availability. We got in easily and quickly for our initial appointment. When you have been trying forever to get pregnant and now realize you are going to need medical assistance, you don't want to wait another month or so for an appointment. We never felt like a number and all the care I received there was top notch.
I can't recall.
Newport Beach (Closed)
He [Dr. Mark Kan] was great. He was very comprehensive and thorough. I always appreciated how I never waited long to be seen and always got my questions answered. I always felt like I was in the driver’s seat in how and what I wanted to take place...always listened and respected my time...We did iuis and eventually ivf...I have recommended him to 3 friends...Ivf was with gonal, menopur,
European, Latino, Other
How was your experience with Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County?
He was great. He was very comprehensive and thorough. I always appreciated how I never waited long to be seen and always got my questions answered. I always felt like I was in the driver’s seat in how and what I wanted to take place. I have recommended him to 3 friends
Be ready with questions. Know what you like to have answered.
Dr. Kan always listened and respected my time
We did iuis and eventually ivf. Ivf was with gonal, menopur, and another shot.
They were warm and kind
Describe your experience with CCRM Orange County.
Modern, good labs, well-oiled machine. My pediatric geneticist used it as well and conveyed that she was very satisfied with their labs especially, so I took that advice to heart. You can tell it’s not their first rodeo. The location is great. I appreciated it being right off the freeway, but allow ample time for traffic.
I don’t remember, but prices are set (not bundled or guaranteed)
Describe Mark Kan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Orange County.
He is pretty conservative
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Orange County?
CCRM OC Jamboree
Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
[Dr. Kan] Never remembered our case when we would go in to appointment and would have to retell him our info. Went to implantation and he saw us in the waiting room and walked by us and don't think he knew who we were...Menopur and follotism. This was my third cycle and my worst. Didn't produce many follicles only was able to retrieve 3 and two were fertilized. Only one to send off for testing. Miraculously the one ended up being normal and healthy. He wanted to stop the cycle bc one side was dominating for follicles but we insisted to move forward.
Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County?
Staff short and not friendly. Dr never remembered our case when we came in and would have to look up our info
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Orange County. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Very short and rude. No hurry to get our positive pregnancy results for us. Waited days to find out when at my other client I only had to wait hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Orange County.
Small office. Never had to wait. Always had billing questions. THey weren't very organized.
Around $16,000 plus genetic testing and meds
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Orange County?
2013
I was the only patient scheduled per hour. I saw dr [Mark] Kan every visit and every time. And never was rushed and always was understood and cared for very well.... I know he was very up front but very calm too. I was on a ton of medicine and he adjusted it during the cycle. He recommended us not to do two embryo transfer because I was a high risk for pcos. So wrongly transferred one embryo and ended up up with identical twins.
2013
How was your experience with Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County?
I absolutely love this dr. He was a godsend after three failed iuis with a prior dr who I never saw. So lucky to have had him help us!
Just go for the consult and after talking to him and seeing his office and office staffyou'll know he's the right guy.
I was the only patient scheduled per hour. I saw dr Kan every visit and every time. And never was rushed and always was understood and cared for very well.
Gah it's been so long and lifeboat crazy right now. I know he was very up front but very calm too. I was on a ton of medicine and he adjusted it during the cycle. He recommended us not to do two embryo transfer because I was a high risk for pcos. So wrongly transferred one embryo and ended up up with identical twins. So so exciting!
Absolutely Awesome
Describe your experience with CCRM Orange County.
Quaint, quiet and totally in control. You feel well taken care of and like an actual person rather than a number.
Mark Kan
Dr Kan is very professional as is his staff. He is very caring and seems to really care for his patients... He is very knowledgeable and treats my husband and I as if we are his only patients every visit we have. He is always on time. He explains everything and takes the time to answer all of our questions...He is very smart and keeps up to date with current research.
How was your experience with Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County?
Dr Kan is amazing! He is very knowledgeable and treats my husband and I as if we are his only patients every visit we have. He is always on time. He explains everything and takes the time to answer all of our questions. We are so thankful for him and his clinic.
Trust him. He is very smart and keeps up to date with current research.
Describe your experience with CCRM Orange County.
The clinic staff is very nice. They are always on time. The office itself is clean, new and has state of the art technology. I have been very happy with how responsive the clinic is to calls and they always answer their phones promptly and provide information as soon as possible.
CCRM OC Avocado
5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
During the IVF cycle procedure, Dr. Kan was considerate but after my last IVF cycle when I had a miscarriage he seemed so busy and was rushing through the conversation over the phone that made me feel like a number.
5 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mark Kan at CCRM Orange County?
Dr.Kan is very knowledgeable however, I think they don't have appropriate medical record information tracking system. He would forget sometimes about my past history or what was currently going on with my cycle.
You want to check his success results on SART and CDC...they haven't been publishing their results...why??? It was my first IVF cycle and never checked these sites to compare doctors
they were prompt and always followed up on any questions