RMA of Connecticut

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Vermont
Trumbull
115 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
Fishkill
600 Westage Bus. Ctr. Dr.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Leondires to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Connecticut to a friend?
2011 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Leondires] is compassionate and kind and took his time with us. He once called me on his weekend off because the nurse told him I was upset. He made me feel like he had our best interests in mind. He was very up front about our chances of success... I believe he told us he would have moved on to IVF sooner, but our insurance covered 6 IUI cycles and no IVF so he wanted to exhaust the covered services before subjecting us to a fully self-pay service.
2011 - 2018
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
He is compassionate and kind and took his time with us. He once called me on his weekend off because the nurse told him I was upset. He made me feel like he had our best interests in mind. He was very up front about our chances of success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
His office is quite far from where we live and he does not usually have office hours closer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
In all communication with anyone in the office, I felt like they knew who I was and what my general and/or recent history was. Everyone including the receptionists, lab techs, nurses and practioners were friendly and helpful.
Describe the protocols Mark Leondires used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
We did 6 IUI cycles - 2 with Clomid, 2 or 3 with combined Clomid and injectables and 1 or 2 with injectables alone. I believe he told us he would have moved on to IVF sooner, but our insurance covered 6 IUI cycles and no IVF so he wanted to exhaust the covered services before subjecting us to a fully self-pay service. We finally did one IVF cycle and transferred 2 of 14 embryos and froze 4 more. We had 1 full term singleton birth from the first IVF cycle. The remaining embryos were genetically tested but 3 of the 4 didn't survive the thaw. We later attempted 2 FET cycles with the last remaining embryo (delayed for more than a year due to complications, need for further testing and travel to a Zika zone). The first was cancelled before transfer for unfavorable uterine lining. The second resulted in an early miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn Crespo and Mary ?)
They were all very good
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Overall very organized and compassionate group of people who really know what they're doing. There was 1 physician that I did not like at all, but the others were fantastic. When we returned to the clinic for a FET after our successful pregnancy, my financial advisor had moved to a new position and I had difficulty getting accurate information from the several financial advisors I was assigned to over the next couple of years. Despite having frozen embryos, I also wished I had been told sooner that I likely had DOR
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Connecticut.
Usually very quick and organized. On weekdays, I could go to any of the 4 offices for monitoring. Even on weekends when all patients were at the same office, it was never too long of a wait, nor did the practitioners seem rushed
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut.
About $30000 total for copays & deductibles, IVF, genetic testing of embryos and FET
Describe Mark Leondires's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
He briefly mentioned eSET for our 2nd cycle but it became irrelevant when 3 of the 4 frozen embryos were lost
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. L [Leondires] seemed nice enough at first....He originally diagnosed me with unexplained. Then after tests came back he said I had DOR. He was still confident we had a 66% chance of success and was confident that we would be parents. After my first retrieval I only had one viable egg to transfer. He changed the protocol for my 2nd attempt and I got 3 eggs but none were viable. After that he gave me the donor egg speech. I was totally shocked since he had shown me all these fancy charts that said I at first had and 85% chance and then 66% chance.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. L seemed nice enough at first. This was my first fertility doctor and I didn't really know what to expect. He originally diagnosed me with unexplained. Then after tests came back he said I had DOR. He was still confident we had a 66% chance of success and was confident that we would be parents. After my first retrieval I only had one viable egg to transfer. He changed the protocol for my 2nd attempt and I got 3 eggs but none were viable. After that he gave me the donor egg speech. I was totally shocked since he had shown me all these fancy charts that said I at first had and 85% chance and then 66% chance. Then he just gave up so I left.
ask his familiarity with your condition
He kept wanting to call me by a different name (really makes you feel good).
IVF 1-Antagonist protocol IVF 2- Estrogen priming with microdose lupron
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kiersten)
My nurse was great except she was one vacation a lot during my cycles...which I wasn't aware of ahead of time. It made it quite difficult to get information while she was away.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Large clinic, very clean, acupuncture, nutrition and counseling available, morning monitoring at decent hours...had a policy you were not to wait longer than 20 minutes
I would say mix between cattle call and well oiled machine. Large group of people waiting but usually in and out within 30 minutes
I had insurance coverage so copay only.
Multiple for greater chance
Norwalk
Leondires is a very thoughtful doctor - willing to spend time explaining process and steps. He also is very knowledgeable about current research and comprehensively covered risks / benefits and our percentage chance of success...Standard IVF cycle - - Birth control - 10 days shots - Egg retrieval - 1 month pause while embryos were tested and frozen - Frozen Transfer + 10 weeks of intramuscular progesterone
Investor
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Let him guide you but ask all the questions you want! He's always happy to answer.
Great thoughtful care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Gray)
super great staff- good at getting you in + out but also will take time to explain things if needed.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths - - Team based medicine - Timely, organized, and efficient - Responsive via e-mail - Great financial back office team Weaknesses - You need to be OK with team based medicine, you are not always going to see your primary dr. - Sometimes they are a bit rushed, especially in the AM. This was always OK with me b/c I had to go to work but others might feel shortchanged. They are always willing to talk over e-mail or other.
Efficient well-oiled machine in the morning. Loved the way they did it.
All in costs of $50K Insurance covered everything except PGS ($5K out of pocket)