Available by cell phone
Trumbull
115 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
Fishkill
600 Westage Bus. Ctr. Dr.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Leondires to a friend?

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Connecticut to a friend?
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Leondires is a very good communicator, he's approachable and always keen to answer questions. He's very knowledgeable about LGBTQ patients' specific needs and you feel supported in your desire to build a family without judgment. He went through it himself, he's a gay dad and I liked that. He's also quite conservative when talking about IVF (SET vs. twins etc.), and I relate to it.
[RMACT's] Strength: - The facility is modern, have good results and to me the lab has high standards, which was the most important for me when selecting a clinic. - They have a lof staff and you feel you're in good hands - LGBT friendly - Easy to reach for New-York residents - Good doctors! Weaknesses: - Might be more pricey than other clinics when considering inclusive plans (watch for additional fees for consults) - The billing department is the weakest part of that clinic. It seems communication could be improved within the clinic staff to avoid mistakes and misunderstanding regarding billing. They could be more friendly and more transparent. Getting itemized bills wasn't automatic and it's sometimes hard to know towards which procedure your money is going.
European, Middle Eastern
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Ask all the questions, even the ones that sound stupid. He can sometimes get carried away and do all the talking. The clinic he's built seems up to high standards and that will prove very important when making quality embryos.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Leondires has a warm bedside manner and, even if he's busy, always takes his time with his patients. I never felt rushed. He likes to talk and during my initial visit, spent over on hour getting to know my personal situation, my goals and explained every step that I would have to go through to achieve them. I felt I was in good hands with him, and that he was very knowledgeable about the process. He also called me personally to let me know about results when needed.
Describe the protocols Mark Leondires used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
Going through egg donation and surrogacy, the process has been pretty straight forward: - I got tested for any STI's, got cleared, then gave my sperm specimen. It was analyzed then cryopreserved. - I chose a donor through the clinic bank. Attorneys (outside RMACT) drafted an agreement, which took about one month. - My egg donor followed her treatment for about 10 days then eggs were retrieved, fertilized, PGS testes, then cryopreserved. From 17 eggs retrieved, I ended up with 5 PGS tested high quality ones. (3 embryos didn't pass the genetic test). - I am now waiting to match with a surrogate to continue my journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Leto)
Most of my communication with my assigned Nurse were through emails. Though I didn't feel a lot of compassion from her, I found her efficient, knowledgeable, and I was able to reach her through email easily. Getting in touch by phone wasn't as easy (which is the case with all the staff in this practice). When I visited RMACT, the nursing staff was very friendly, and I felt well cared after.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut.
RMACT In-House Egg Donor, Gestational Carrier, Surrogacy Plan: $46.825 including: Donor fees: $16,281 Gestational Carrier Fees: $2,819 Surrogacy plan with PGS: $27,725
Describe Mark Leondires's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
Dr. Leondires is a strong advocate for eSET. I am not sure whether he would accept to transfer more than one embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut.

The doctor [Dr. Leondires] is both knowledgeable and practical. When we were getting close to transfer time, He presented us with pamphlets on ERA testing, as well as websites we could use to learn more about it. When we told him that we would require a gestational carrier, he provided us guidance on that as well.... For our Gestational Carrier, we began with an ERA cycle. During the first attempt at an ERA cycle she began with Estrace 2mgs for a week, increased to 4mgs by week two, then began progesterone in oil injections and prometrium suppositories.
Our Nurse [RMA of CT] is compassionate and informative. She’s not always the easiest to get in touch with, but will return an email within a day or two. She’s remained positive and supportive and has taken the time to explain each new step along our journey....Because we are using a carrier, many payments had to be made out of pocket. (All of the fees associated with her monitor care at her own clinic are not included) $3,819 - Gestational carrier medical Screening $1000 - ERA testing $5,000 - transfer fee
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
The doctor is both knowledgeable and practical. When we were getting close to transfer time, He presented us with pamphlets on ERA testing, as well as websites we could use to learn more about it. When we told him that we would require a gestational carrier, he provided us guidance on that as well. Stating the pros and cons of going independent v. With an agency. He himself has used a gestational carrier, so we appreciated his insight and support. Through out or process so far, he has remained as objective as possible while presenting us with facts and it genuinely feels as if he has our best interests at heart.
Take the time to research all of the information he provides you with. Some Doctors will make decisions for you or try to lead you in a certain direction. It’s your life, do the legwork!
The Dr. is extremely personable and made us feel welcomed. He is positive, yet presents you with all scenarios. With such heartache at our last clinics, we needed someone to see us for who we are.
For our Gestational Carrier, we began with an ERA cycle. During the first attempt at an ERA cycle she began with Estrace 2mgs for a week, increased to 4mgs by week two, then began progesterone in oil injections and prometrium suppositories. Unfortunately, the progesterone in oil caused spotting and her lining was not thick enough for the first biopsy to be done. Second ERA attempt: used estradiol valerate injections instead of estrace pills. Switched out the progesterone oil for an olive oil base for less irritation and incorporated the same suppositories with baby aspirin. This Cycle resulted in a successful biopsy. We are currently in our first transfer attempt cycle. Protocol from the last ERA cycle is being replicated with a slight adjustment on the timing of progesterone injections. The biopsy showed that she was slightly Pre-receptive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Nora Bolger)
Our Nurse is compassionate and informative. She’s not always the easiest to get in touch with, but will return an email within a day or two. She’s remained positive and supportive and has taken the time to explain each new step along our journey. Our patient coordinator, Courtney, was AMAZING. She responded to emails within hours of being sent. She was one of the reasons we loved Our clinic from the start. Unfortunately she no longer works there, but our communication with the clinic is still good overall.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths- supportive, informative, efficient Weakness- they have a longer wait for medical screening than some other clinics we had worked with. Getting a calendar for transfers and ERA took longer than expected.
Though we would love twins, the Dr. has a strong stance on SET. He, again, presented us with the data on SET v. DET. And explained the risks associated with multiples. With Multiples, each baby is completing with the other for nutrients. With only one embryo developing in the womb, it is able to keep all of the focus on itself. He also stressed how a woman’s body was made to carry one baby at a time and multiples pregnancy put the carrier at a higher risk as well.

2011 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Leondires] is compassionate and kind and took his time with us. He once called me on his weekend off because the nurse told him I was upset. He made me feel like he had our best interests in mind. He was very up front about our chances of success... I believe he told us he would have moved on to IVF sooner, but our insurance covered 6 IUI cycles and no IVF so he wanted to exhaust the covered services before subjecting us to a fully self-pay service.
In all communication with anyone in the office [RMA], I felt like they knew who I was and what my general and/or recent history was. Everyone including the receptionists, lab techs, nurses and practioners were friendly and helpful...my financial advisor had moved to a new position and I had difficulty getting accurate information from the several financial advisors I was assigned to over the next couple of years.
2011 - 2018
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
He is compassionate and kind and took his time with us. He once called me on his weekend off because the nurse told him I was upset. He made me feel like he had our best interests in mind. He was very up front about our chances of success.
His office is quite far from where we live and he does not usually have office hours closer.
In all communication with anyone in the office, I felt like they knew who I was and what my general and/or recent history was. Everyone including the receptionists, lab techs, nurses and practioners were friendly and helpful.
We did 6 IUI cycles - 2 with Clomid, 2 or 3 with combined Clomid and injectables and 1 or 2 with injectables alone. I believe he told us he would have moved on to IVF sooner, but our insurance covered 6 IUI cycles and no IVF so he wanted to exhaust the covered services before subjecting us to a fully self-pay service. We finally did one IVF cycle and transferred 2 of 14 embryos and froze 4 more. We had 1 full term singleton birth from the first IVF cycle. The remaining embryos were genetically tested but 3 of the 4 didn't survive the thaw. We later attempted 2 FET cycles with the last remaining embryo (delayed for more than a year due to complications, need for further testing and travel to a Zika zone). The first was cancelled before transfer for unfavorable uterine lining. The second resulted in an early miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn Crespo and Mary ?)
They were all very good
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Overall very organized and compassionate group of people who really know what they're doing. There was 1 physician that I did not like at all, but the others were fantastic. When we returned to the clinic for a FET after our successful pregnancy, my financial advisor had moved to a new position and I had difficulty getting accurate information from the several financial advisors I was assigned to over the next couple of years. Despite having frozen embryos, I also wished I had been told sooner that I likely had DOR
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Connecticut.
Usually very quick and organized. On weekdays, I could go to any of the 4 offices for monitoring. Even on weekends when all patients were at the same office, it was never too long of a wait, nor did the practitioners seem rushed
About $30000 total for copays & deductibles, IVF, genetic testing of embryos and FET
He briefly mentioned eSET for our 2nd cycle but it became irrelevant when 3 of the 4 frozen embryos were lost

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Leondires made us feel welcome, comfortable, and like family. He explained everything in great detail and addressed all of our questions. He is simply amazing...is brilliant...He made us feel comfortable from the moment we met him. He is a wonderful doctor and person. Because he is a master of his craft our surrogate got pregnant on the very first try. He answered all of our questions promptly and never made us feel like we were asking too many of them. We cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Leondires.
The clinic [RMA of Connecticut] is top-notch. From a medical standpoint they are phenomenal. and they treat you like family. It is a wonderful clinic and they do not have any weaknesses. New patients should know that they are in the hands of the best physicians and nurses. Likewise, the customer service staff is incredible too. They should feel extremely confident that they will be taken great care of...Rachel is an incredible nurse and person. She always kept us up to date and explained everything thoroughly. She addressed our questions promptly. We are so lucky to have had her as our nurse.
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Leondires is brilliant and explained everything to us in great detail. He made us feel comfortable from the moment we met him. He is a wonderful doctor and person. Because he is a master of his craft our surrogate got pregnant on the very first try. He answered all of our questions promptly and never made us feel like we were asking too many of them. We cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Leondires.
Feel confident that you are in the hands of the best of the best. He is absolutely phenomenal and will treat you like family.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic is top-notch. From a medical standpoint they are phenomenal. and they treat you like family. It is a wonderful clinic and they do not have any weaknesses. New patients should know that they are in the hands of the best physicians and nurses. Likewise, the customer service staff is incredible too. They should feel extremely confident that they will be taken great care of.

1 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. L [Leondires] seemed nice enough at first....He originally diagnosed me with unexplained. Then after tests came back he said I had DOR. He was still confident we had a 66% chance of success and was confident that we would be parents. After my first retrieval I only had one viable egg to transfer. He changed the protocol for my 2nd attempt and I got 3 eggs but none were viable. After that he gave me the donor egg speech. I was totally shocked since he had shown me all these fancy charts that said I at first had and 85% chance and then 66% chance.
[RMA - Norwalk] Large clinic, very clean, acupuncture, nutrition and counseling available, morning monitoring at decent hours...had a policy you were not to wait longer than 20 minutes...I requested records and they never wrote me back. I had a terrible time with them ordering my meds. I had tons of billing issues....My nurse was great except she was one vacation a lot during my cycles...which I wasn't aware of ahead of time. It made it quite difficult to get information while she was away.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. L seemed nice enough at first. This was my first fertility doctor and I didn't really know what to expect. He originally diagnosed me with unexplained. Then after tests came back he said I had DOR. He was still confident we had a 66% chance of success and was confident that we would be parents. After my first retrieval I only had one viable egg to transfer. He changed the protocol for my 2nd attempt and I got 3 eggs but none were viable. After that he gave me the donor egg speech. I was totally shocked since he had shown me all these fancy charts that said I at first had and 85% chance and then 66% chance. Then he just gave up so I left.
ask his familiarity with your condition
He kept wanting to call me by a different name (really makes you feel good).
IVF 1-Antagonist protocol IVF 2- Estrogen priming with microdose lupron
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kiersten)
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I would say mix between cattle call and well oiled machine. Large group of people waiting but usually in and out within 30 minutes
I had insurance coverage so copay only.
Multiple for greater chance

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
we had great results from our egg donor's retrieval [with Dr. Leondires], the PGS testing was crucial, our surrogate responded well to the medications to get her ready, and our first transfer (albeit of a high-grade embryo) was successful. No qualms about the strategies or their rationale...is best described as mildly anti-twin. He is realistic about the additional risks posed by a multiple embryo pregnancy. Of course he's willing to transfer multiple embryos, but we did not want to pursue that course, and with results as good as his, it thus made little sense to transfer more than one embryo.
At times our surrogate had trouble scheduling with the clinic [RMA of Connecticut]. In terms of the medical care (or our experience as intended parents), however, I have nothing negative to say. We would highly recommend RMA-CT...we had great results from our egg donor's retrieval, the PGS testing was crucial, our surrogate responded well to the medications to get her ready, and our first transfer (albeit of a high-grade embryo) was successful. No qualms about the strategies or their rationale...is best described as mildly anti-twin. He is realistic about the additional risks posed by a multiple embryo pregnancy. Of course he's willing to transfer multiple embryos, but we did not want to pursue that course, and with results as good as his, it thus made little sense to transfer more than one embryo.
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Can't recommend Dr. Leondires highly enough. His results are fantastic and he's always striving to do better. He is very professional and trustworthy. While he can be blunt (which many doctors are), we appreciated his straightforward presentation and willingness to joke around.
Although Dr. Leondires can seem very sure of himself, you should still feel free to voice any concerns or ask any questions you have. You're your own best advocate!
Dr. Leondires is fantastic. He can be blunt, but he clearly cares about his patients and is responsive to all questions and concerns. These journeys are personally meaningful to him and it shows.
I do not remember particulars, but we had great results from our egg donor's retrieval, the PGS testing was crucial, our surrogate responded well to the medications to get her ready, and our first transfer (albeit of a high-grade embryo) was successful. No qualms about the strategies or their rationale.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
At times our surrogate had trouble scheduling with the clinic. In terms of the medical care (or our experience as intended parents), however, I have nothing negative to say. We would highly recommend RMA-CT and Dr. Leondires.
Dr. Leondires is best described as mildly anti-twin. He is realistic about the additional risks posed by a multiple embryo pregnancy. Of course he's willing to transfer multiple embryos, but we did not want to pursue that course, and with results as good as his, it thus made little sense to transfer more than one embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Leondires is a very thoughtful doctor - willing to spend time explaining process and steps. He also is very knowledgeable about current research and comprehensively covered risks / benefits and our percentage chance of success...Standard IVF cycle - - Birth control - 10 days shots - Egg retrieval - 1 month pause while embryos were tested and frozen - Frozen Transfer + 10 weeks of intramuscular progesterone
All in costs of $50K Insurance covered everything except PGS ($5K out of pocket)...Strengths [of RMA of Connecticut] - - Team based medicine - Timely, organized, and efficient - Responsive via e-mail - Great financial back office team Weaknesses - You need to be OK with team based medicine, you are not always going to see your primary dr. - Sometimes they are a bit rushed, especially in the AM. This was always OK with me b/c I had to go to work but others might feel shortchanged. They are always willing to talk over e-mail or other.
Investor
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
Let him guide you but ask all the questions you want! He's always happy to answer.
Great thoughtful care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Gray)
super great staff- good at getting you in + out but also will take time to explain things if needed.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths - - Team based medicine - Timely, organized, and efficient - Responsive via e-mail - Great financial back office team Weaknesses - You need to be OK with team based medicine, you are not always going to see your primary dr. - Sometimes they are a bit rushed, especially in the AM. This was always OK with me b/c I had to go to work but others might feel shortchanged. They are always willing to talk over e-mail or other.
Efficient well-oiled machine in the morning. Loved the way they did it.

1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
[Dr. Mark Leondires] is a very nice and patience person,he very thoughtful ,we feel so comfortable...We’re forever grateful for Dr Leondires and his staff have done for us...we did ERA test ,biopsy test before embryo transfer.Dr Leondires gave us option,ERA test will increase pregnant chance...so passionate,even my English not very good,they provide best they can,they try explained detail till I understood...I know multiple embryo transfer is so risky,so We decided to transfer one embryo each time.
My plan [at RMA of Connecticut] approximately cost $43000,surrogacy plan $17170,PGS testing $3725,medical screening fee $1863,egg donor fee $18621,gestational carrying fee $3819.In additional ERA test and biopsy test and monitoring ultrasound check...We’re so grateful to choose them,Dr Leondires and his team so passionate,even my English not very good,they provide best they can,they try explained detail till I understood,we’re happy to work with them.
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at RMA of Connecticut?
We’re forever grateful for Dr Leondires and his staff have done for us.Nurse Rachel and Tracy update information every time during my surrogate mother ultrasound check and bookwork test. They are the best!
Be positive !
Dr Leondires is a very nice and patience person,he very thoughtful ,we feel so comfortable .
I don’t remember everything,but we did ERA test ,biopsy test before embryo transfer.Dr Leondires gave us option,ERA test will increase pregnant chance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Rachel,Tracy,Christina )
They are so careful and update information as quick as possible.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
My plan approximately cost $43000,surrogacy plan $17170,PGS testing $3725,medical screening fee $1863,egg donor fee $18621,gestational carrying fee $3819.In additional ERA test and biopsy test and monitoring ultrasound check.