Nurse available by email
571-789-2100
Columbia
5450 Knoll North Drive
Columbia, MD 21045
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Payson to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Northern Virginia to a friend?
PCOS, Other
He has a great sense of humor the the best bedside manner. I always looked forward to my appointments. ... He really cares about all of his patients and is in your corner. Dr. Payson is a big proponent of single embryo transfer, which was what we wanted anyway. ... I have PCOS and a history of an idiopathic case of Asherman's syndrome. For my retrieval I did the antagonist protocol and over-responded, so he reduced the drugs as we went.
The clinic [CCRM Northern Virginia] has a wonderful atmosphere - it is clean, everyone knows your name somehow, and the staff is all delightful and pleasant. The surgery staff is extremely warm and fun and they made me feel extremely comfortable for my retrieval and transfer. They all work very hard. During Covid, the wait times were a little longer than I would have liked, but I like to think it is because of all the extra precautions they were taking to keep everyone safe! I highly recommend this clinic.
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Payson is humble, funny, and a brilliant doctor. He is also realistic and will give you the facts, though I think he tires of my endless demand for statistics. I always feel like I am in very good hands, medically, and he puts up with my endless questions. He always responded to my emails in a timely fashion (with a phone call) and took his time during our consults and phone calls to fully explain everything and answer our questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Go to him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Payson is the best. He has a great sense of humor the the best bedside manner. I always looked forward to my appointments. He dealt with my ridiculous questions with grace and was always willing to do extra research when I'd email him random articles asking if we should try different things. He really cares about all of his patients and is in your corner. After I had a bad experience at another clinics, we did three consults before choosing Dr. Payson. I felt that he listened the best of the three doctors and seemed to really care and think about my case, rather than jumping into some established protocols to get going.
Describe the protocols Mark Payson used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and a history of an idiopathic case of Asherman's syndrome. For my retrieval I did the antagonist protocol and over-responded, so he reduced the drugs as we went. Because my estrogen was so high, I triggered a day before he might have triggered based on follicle size. He still retrieved a record 64 eggs, 54 of which were mature and 37 of which fertilized. Of those, 23 made it to blast and 13 were genetically normal. For my transfer, which no one ever thought would work since I have such a thin uterine lining, I took 3 estradiol pills per day, one as a suppository. My lining got to 5.5mm if he squinted hard enough. It was a big shock when the pregnancy test came back positive!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Kaitlyn and Alicia)
The nursing staff, and all the staff at CCRM is great. There were a few hiccups before our retrieval with the paperwork - we were using a frozen sperm sample because we were doing FDA testing in case we had to use a gestation carrier, and the nurse originally had our protocol and paperwork specify a fresh sample. This was a little annoying because we had to resign all of the paperwork when I found the errors. Other than that, the nurses are extremely responsive and organized and I appreciate them very much! We were/are also undergoing treatment during Covid, so things were more complicated with people working from home, staffing changes, etc. I thought they did a great job, and continue to do so. They work very hard!
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
The clinic has a wonderful atmosphere - it is clean, everyone knows your name somehow, and the staff is all delightful and pleasant. The surgery staff is extremely warm and fun and they made me feel extremely comfortable for my retrieval and transfer. They all work very hard. During Covid, the wait times were a little longer than I would have liked, but I like to think it is because of all the extra precautions they were taking to keep everyone safe! I highly recommend this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia.
We are lucky to have really wonderful insurance, so the cost to us is very minimal.
Describe Mark Payson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
Vienna

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia.

2020
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Payson is VERY conservative and only does single embryo transfers except for extreme cases. ... I switched to Dr Payson after 4 failed IUIs with Letrozole at a different clinic. We quickly decided to do IVF with standard treatment protocols. ... Dr Payson was always the one to call with treatment updates and saw me for all of my ultrasounds through the retrieval. We retrieved 11 eggs, all were mature but unfortunately only 1 made it to Day 6 blastocyst. He is concerned I may have an egg quality issue and we have reviewed changes we may make in future cycles because of this.
The CCRM northern Virginia clinic is clean, quiet, private and comfortable. When you come in for the egg retrieval you have a separate waiting area for privacy and comfort. The desk staff is friendly and accommodating. I have waited longer than expected a few times but was always met with apologies for the inconvenience. ... My nurse, as well as all of the nurses at CCRM, are kind, compassionate and good communicators. They are responsive to calls and will involve the doctor if they are unsure of an answer.
2020
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
After switching from another local RE clinic in the northern Virginia area, CCRM and Dr. Payson were a breath of fresh air. The clinic is comfortable, the staff is kind and personal. Dr. Payson is smart, keeps up to date with research, is conservative in his treatment approaches and presents a realistic picture of what to expect. Unlike other area clinics, Dr. Payson was always there for my appointments and treated me kindly and like a person rather than a number.
To bring all the questions you may have, he can sometimes be a bit quick as he is very busy but he will always take the time to answer all of your questions and concerns honestly.
Dr. Payson is kind, knowledgable and understands the sensitivity of his work. He treats patients with respect and like individuals
I switched to Dr Payson after 4 failed IUIs with Letrozole at a different clinic. We quickly decided to do IVF with standard treatment protocols. I did Gonal F and Menopur followed by the addition of Ganirellex. Doses were adjusted as my blood work and ultrasounds showed needing. Dr Payson was always the one to call with treatment updates and saw me for all of my ultrasounds through the retrieval. We retrieved 11 eggs, all were mature but unfortunately only 1 made it to Day 6 blastocyst. He is concerned I may have an egg quality issue and we have reviewed changes we may make in future cycles because of this. We currently have the 1 embryo frozen and will attempt to transfer when deemed safe due to Covid-19.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Alicia )
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
I am a self-pay patient and opted to do the CCRM Assure program which if you meet certain parameters allows you up to 6 retrievals and transfers and holds a money-back guarantee if you do not have a live birth within 2 years. Because of this the cost without medications is 24,500.
Dr Payson is VERY conservative and only does single embryo transfers except for extreme cases. We felt comfortable with this after talking with him and his reasoning (risk of miscarriage, risk of multiples, etc).

2019 - 2020
Dr. Payson, overall, is a very knowledgable doctor. As the director of the practice, you can tell his time is constrained and sometimes rushed. He does a good job of discussing the statistics and potential outcomes of each option. I do think he needs to do a better job of acknowledging all fertility options and not just actively steer people toward the IVF option - the more expensive option. IUI is a totally viable option for some, and a good first-line treatment, he made it seem like a waste of money. Which may be true, but it's worth a shot for couples with unexplained infertility.
CCRM is a good clinic ... They are always busy. ... Kaitlyn was a god-sent. She listened to us and answered all of our questions. She was also very responsive to emails and phone calls, returning them within the same business day. ... Clomid, Trigger, IUI - that's the basic treatment protocol. We were unsuccessful after two attempts. I do think there needs to be more of a debrief and what could be done differently between each cycle. It seemed like a treadmill you just got back on with no conversation about what could be done differently to hopefully get a different outcome.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Let patients be the ultimate decision, provide the information and recommendation. You need to honor the patient's decision.
Dr. Payson does a good job of explaining the statistics and science behind infertility. My many doctors he is rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Katelyn Endicott)
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
CCRM is a good clinic, they are new and use the best technology. They are always busy. I do with this particular clinic posted their success rates, but since they haven't been open for 3 years they don't need to, yet.
IUI - $2,200 per cycle + medicine
Vienna

Dr. Payson would only transfer one genetically normal embryo at a time for me given my age (36). He would not entertain putting in more due to the risk of multiples...took me through a power point from a talk he does on genetic testing's efficacy when I was on the fence about proceeding...he was open to hearing me out about what protocol worked better for me previously and completely switched things up in the second round. From there, we had a very successful retrieval which ultimately resulted in a successful transfer and resulting pregnancy.
I actually enjoyed coming in for monitoring [at CCRM Northern Virginia] because I got to spend time with Mark who did my blood draw every time. He is simply a joy to be around! The front desk staff was always very pleasant and welcoming. The other game changer was Dr. Payson did every single ultrasound and procedure (retrieval and transfer) personally. At my previous clinic, it was whoever was on-call which made me feel like an number and not a patient.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
We came to Dr. Payson almost ready to give up after 3 failed IUIs, and 3 IVF cycles which produced 1 failed transfer at another local clinic. We noticed a huge difference immediately in how we were treated at our consultation- our situation was reviewed and we were given hope that despite our "unexplained" diagnosis and challenges producing quality embryos, Dr. Payson was confident he could get us there, and asked us to "trust his labs". I also appreciated his sense of empathy about how taxing the process can be. Our first round with Dr. Payson produced the worst retrieval we had had yet, but he was open to hearing me out about what protocol worked better for me previously and completely switched things up in the second round. From there, we had a very successful retrieval which ultimately resulted in a successful transfer and resulting pregnancy.
He can be dry and blunt, but he is very smart and provides excellent care. He is not "warm and fuzzy" (or really every laughed at my jokes!), but know going into it that he has your best interests at heart.
The smaller size of CCRM means the care is very personalized- it was easy to get in touch with my nurse, I spoke with embryology directly who answered my millions of questions on fertilization results, and Dr. Payson even took me through a power point from a talk he does on genetic testing's efficacy when I was on the fence about proceeding. I couldn't even get a phone call with my RE at the previous clinic I went to. I also felt like I was Beyonce at my transfer- the surgery facilities are all on-site and private and I felt like everyone was rooting for me-I even got to play my own music! The little things go a long way!
My first protocol was the "modern" shorter protocol used in most common IVF cycles. I had a terrible response. He was open to switching me up to the "old school" Lupron Long protocol which ultimately gave me the results I was looking for. He said he was stumped as to why it worked for me, but I appreciated that he was open to trying it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Jenn )
Very caring and positive. She said I looked fantastic when I came into my transfer :) I could tell she was personally rooting for me. She also understood scheduling challenges I had as well as a delicate situation I had in terms of waiting on transfer results until I was away from my in-laws. She understood the emotional aspects of the process as well. I did sometimes have to ask for dated protocols to use as a reference vs. the instructions given verbally on the phone.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
This was the game changer for me. I actually enjoyed coming in for monitoring because I got to spend time with Mark who did my blood draw every time. He is simply a joy to be around! The front desk staff was always very pleasant and welcoming. The other game changer was Dr. Payson did every single ultrasound and procedure (retrieval and transfer) personally. At my previous clinic, it was whoever was on-call which made me feel like an number and not a patient.
$12,800 out of pocket for an IVF round. There were cheaper "packages" if you agree to buy 3 rounds up front. Not sure what a transfer costs as it was covered by my insurance. They do accept Progyny which is a special supplemental coverage some employers offer (I had to pay out of pocket after my Progyny coverage was exhausted).
Yes, Dr. Payson would only transfer one genetically normal embryo at a time for me given my age (36). He would not entertain putting in more due to the risk of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia.
Only issue I had was when I "graduated" to my OB- CCRM didn't send over my paperwork to them ahead of my 1st OB appointment.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Mark Payson] always kept me well informed on the procedures. Realistic expectations were discussed in great detail. He gave the impression that he truly does care. My husband loves him. They would joke around and I think that helped my husband a lot to see the human side of the doc...I was suppressed with birth control for a few weeks, then I started 225 Gonal-f and150 Monupur...22 eggs retrieved, 16 eggs matured, and 9 eggs fertilized.
They [nurses at CCRN Northern Virginia] replied better using the nurses portal. They were very helpful and great on scheduling everything for me. They were amazing get my prescriptions to my pharmacy in a timely manner...When you are inside the clinic they are the most friendly group of people. My husband and I were able to have light hearted conversations with most of the staff. They are not always able to answer the phone so be patient. They will eventually return your call. At first, the wait for returned phone calls rubbed me the wrong way but now I understand that they are really doing their best.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
He always kept me well informed on the procedures. Realistic expectations were discussed in great detail. He gave the impression that he truly does care. My husband loves him. They would joke around and I think that helped my husband a lot to see the human side of the doc.
Relax and know you are in good hands.
He always asked how I was feeling and if I had any concerns. He seemed very genuine for my wellbeing.
I was suppressed with birth control for a few weeks, then I started 225 Gonal-f and150 Monupur. 250 Ganirelex was used for 5 days prior to the trigger shots of Lupron. 22 eggs retrieved, 16 eggs matured, and 9 eggs fertilized.
They replied better using the nurses portal. They were very helpful and great on scheduling everything for me. They were amazing get my prescriptions to my pharmacy in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
My insurance is going to cover $5000 but the rest is out of pocket. Meds were around $7000. $6000 for my husband's semen aspiration. So far, $6000 out of pocket and expecting at least $12000 more out of pocket expenses before I'm done with the first IVF round.
I haven't got there yet.
Vienna

The entire staff [CCRM N. VA] is warm, friendly, and greets me by name at every appointment, even as the center has grown. I have a great deal of trust in them and I feel they're all sincerely committed to the work they do. While their cycle price seems to be higher than many in the area, I appreciated that the entire financial and clinical process was clear and transparent, with zero surprise bills or add-ons.... My particular nurse is warm, compassionate, and always gets back in touch quickly when I contact her.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Payson can sometimes need a minute to "reset" and remember my exact case when he comes in the exam room, but once he does he's fully engaged and on top of every detail. His initial projections for me were slightly optimistic - it took us two cycles to reach what he hoped to accomplish in the first cycle - but he's been open about his thinking/planning/adjusting for my cycles throughout and willing to take my personal weighing of risks/benefits into account when making decisions about how aggressive to be in the treatment protocols. When I miscarried after my initial transfer he was very empathetic and talked me through all of my options for resolving the pregnancy and how each option might impact the timing and possible success of my next transfer.
Ask questions - he's better at providing information in response to questions than in proactively offering the information. He's always given me full, respectful answers to any question I ask, but if I didn't ask him anything I might know almost nothing about my treatment or what's coming next.
It's important to me to have a full understanding of my treatment and to discuss pros/cons of various protocol choices. Dr. Payson has always been willing to slow down and fully engage in these conversations with me.
I don't remember enough of the terminology to describe the protocols accurately. I know that I did a more classic protocol in prepping for my first egg retrieval and then moved to a protocol more typically used for poor responders for my second retrieval. The second retrieval produced almost twice as many mature eggs as the first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
My particular nurse is warm, compassionate, and always gets back in touch quickly when I contact her. It's possible I would have fit better with a different nurse - mine tends to be fuzzy on the "why" questions I ask, whereas some of the other nurses who have covered for my primary nurse over vacations have had well-informed answers. Overall, the nursing staff is extraordinarily friendly, cheerful, and warm - the center clearly screens for personality in their interviews.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
The entire staff is warm, friendly, and greets me by name at every appointment, even as the center has grown. I have a great deal of trust in them and I feel they're all sincerely committed to the work they do. While their cycle price seems to be higher than many in the area, I appreciated that the entire financial and clinical process was clear and transparent, with zero surprise bills or add-ons. They told me upfront what their global fee is, what that fee covers, and when it would be due. They base their global fee on the clinical practices they believe lead to the best outcomes, which means I didn't have to debate whether to pay extra for 17 different line items (e.g., ICSI, assisted hatching, pre-implantation testing, etc.). And have I mentioned the friendliness? It's truly almost overwhelming.
I paid out of pocket - zero insurance coverage. The clinic uses a global fee for cash patients. My egg retrieval cycles were approximately $14,000 each. Each transfer was $4,600. My medications (I was a poor responder) ran approximately $6-7000 per cycle.
My doctor (and the practice as a whole) have a very strong preference for eSET. To bypass biopsy/testing or to transfer multiple embryos you need to sign specific consents saying that you're going against their recommendations.

IVF, Surrogacy
If you have a harder case or unique issues I'd really encourage you to seek out a second opinion here. I have felt in very good hands and like this process was made possible for me because of Dr. Payson and CCRM...This is a very anti cookie cutter type clinic. Also when I was initially offered Follistim but found Gonal-F would be cheaper out of pocket the nurse was quick to allow me to change which was nice.
[Costs at CCRM are] around 18k per cycle cost which includes CCS, additional fees for PGD, initial visit and testing around $1,500... I really think this clinic has some great technology and the lab is really amazing. Their CCS program is really great. And the PGD provider they use is very professional and able to work on harder genetic cases...I think since it's a newer clinic there might be a few kinks to work out, we're using a surrogate so some of this is newer to them and us. But I wouldn't make a big deal of this. Everything even if it has taken time and some conversations to figure out is still very much on track.
IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
I felt in good hands, and very comfortable with Dr. Payson. He clearly explained his plan for me, and put me in touch with very qualified people that could handle my genetic issues. After having a previous bad experience at another clinic, I really felt at ease with Dr. Payson and CCRM. He explained everything very clearly, and it was obvious that he had taken the time to read my lengthy medical history. He also treated me with compassion and tried to make the process as simple as possible.
After a bad first experience at another clinic I was apprehensive going into this visit. But as soon as I met Dr. Payson I felt at ease. He really took the time to go over my medical history, and look into my genetic concerns. He made calls in advance of my visit to find out if/how he'd be able to help me. I felt a great sense of relief after meeting with him, and he took the time to answer all of my questions. Also did a an in-depth review of my medications and cleared each one, while also speaking to past medication use and how long I'd need to wait to start an IVF cycle.
I felt like the protocols were unique to each patient here and my needs were really taken into account. My AMH was a little low so my protocol was 300 Gonal-F, and 200 Menopur per day. I haven't completed my cycle yet, but things were well explained to me, and if things need to be changed protocol wise I'm confident things will be tweeked. This is a very anti cookie cutter type clinic. Also when I was initially offered Follistim but found Gonal-F would be cheaper out of pocket the nurse was quick to allow me to change which was nice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Maureen)
Nurses have been great to work with, they are quick to ask how I'm doing in this process and able to change medications out for cheaper options. Very kind and informative and I've been able to ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
I think since it's a newer clinic there might be a few kinks to work out, we're using a surrogate so some of this is newer to them and us. But I wouldn't make a big deal of this. Everything even if it has taken time and some conversations to figure out is still very much on track. I really think this clinic has some great technology and the lab is really amazing. Their CCS program is really great. And the PGD provider they use is very professional and able to work on harder genetic cases.
eSET is the option here.

2008 - 2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Payson] always took the time to answer my questions even though there were a lot of women in the fertility program. He was honest yet optimistic...He was a little dry personality wise, but I felt he still had a good bed side manner. He explained everything, he modified treatment as necessary and it worked. He...seemed very knowledgeable to me. I never felt like he didn't care...Give him a chance even if he comes off a little bit stand off-ish.
it was a unique clinic in that is was run by the military. The clinic had to share spaces with the GYN clinic at Walter Reed so many of the appointments had to be done early in the morning before the routine GYN clinic appointments started. Also they only had 3 or 4 sessions a year so there were always a lot of women to see. It was a little bit assembly line for routine blood draws and stuff and learning to give shots was done as a group. With that said, I never felt like a number. Everyone was professional and caring.
2008 - 2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Mark Payson at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center?
He was a little dry personality wise, but I felt he still had a good bed side manner. He explained everything, he modified treatment as necessary and it worked. He was the director of the program at Walter Reed and seemed very knowledgeable to me. I never felt like he didn't care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Payson at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center?
Give him a chance even if he comes off a little bit stand off-ish.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Payson at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center?
He always took the time to answer my questions even though there were a lot of women in the fertility program. He was honest yet optimistic.
Describe the protocols Mark Payson used in your cycles at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and their degree of success.
I really don't remember everything and I did she several doctors.
Nurses were always caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
All monitoring was done early in the morning. First come, first serve.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Payson at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Because I was in the military I only had to pay for the actual embryo/sperm lab related work that was done by the ART institute of Washington. This cost was about $5000 per IVF cycle, plus I had to purchase sperm from an outside clinic for each IUI and IVF cycle. All procedures and Medication was free.
Describe Mark Payson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Because of my age and smaller number of eggs it was recommended we implant 3. I was nervous about that, but the explanation provided seemed reassuring to me.
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
DC

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Payson at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

Dr Payson is knowledgeable. He provides thorough explanations. His manner is patient and attentive. I went to him for a consultation and my experience was a very positive one...I froze my eggs five years ago. Based on my testing, Dr Payson recommended trying IVF with my current eggs before using the frozen ones because if the frozen ones were not successful, It would be several months later and the chance of success with my current eggs could be reduced.
The clinic [CCRM] currently does not participate in any insurance plans but likely will in the next few months. The office is very nice. I never waited for more than five minutes for tests or appointments. The staff was incredibly attentive. I felt very well taken care of...Little waiting time, clear explanations...I did not spend much time with the nursing staff but found them compentent and kind....The clinic is in the process of becoming part of insurance networks but was not at the time I went for a consultation.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr Payson is knowledgeable. He provides thorough explanations. His manner is patient and attentive. I went to him for a consultation and my experience was a very positive one. I don’t have any more to say and think it’s very silly that this form requires a minimum number of characters, which I apparently have not reached yet.
Little waiting time, clear explanations, had the doctor’s attention, took time to answer questions
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
The clinic currently does not participate in any insurance plans but likely will in the next few months. The office is very nice. I never waited for more than five minutes for tests or appointments. The staff was incredibly attentive. I felt very well taken care of.
I paid for all appointments and tests out of pocket
Vienna

He [Dr. Mark Payson] is competitive and ambitious in a good way. We were dealing with unexplained infertility. When he reviewed my records from my previous clinic, he honestly told me that he had never seen a protocol like what they had put me on there, and why that protocol concerned him. Every time I went on stims, I responded very quickly in my E2 levels. Dr. Payson diligently monitored me personally to ensure that my levels would be at an appropriate level. He was very good at answering questions, and I always felt like I was in very good hands. Dr. Payson could have done my retrieval on a Monday, but decided that a Sunday retrieval would be in my best interest, so he opened up the clinic just for me on a Sunday morning. Diligent, thoughtful, competent, and kind, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Payson to anyone. You can tell he is someone who really loves his job.
I felt like my care under Dr. Payson at CCRM was incredibly thoughtful and skillful. My nurse gave me her cell phone number and was always happy to answer my questions via text message...Dr. Payson could have done my retrieval on a Monday, but decided that a Sunday retrieval would be in my best interest, so he opened up the clinic just for me on a Sunday morning. Diligent, thoughtful, competent, and kind, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Payson to anyone. You can tell he is someone who really loves his job...He won't give you false hope or tell you things just to make you feel better. I appreciated his candor and honest assessment, but if you need a very, very soft touch, you may find it off-putting.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Payson is a very skilled doctor. He is competitive and ambitious in a good way. We were dealing with unexplained infertility. When he reviewed my records from my previous clinic, he honestly told me that he had never seen a protocol like what they had put me on there, and why that protocol concerned him. Every time I went on stims, I responded very quickly in my E2 levels. Dr. Payson diligently monitored me personally to ensure that my levels would be at an appropriate level. He was very good at answering questions, and I always felt like I was in very good hands. Dr. Payson could have done my retrieval on a Monday, but decided that a Sunday retrieval would be in my best interest, so he opened up the clinic just for me on a Sunday morning. Diligent, thoughtful, competent, and kind, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Payson to anyone. You can tell he is someone who really loves his job.
I felt like my care under Dr. Payson at CCRM was incredibly thoughtful and skillful. My nurse gave me her cell phone number and was always happy to answer my questions via text message. Dr. Payson really looked at my case as an individual, and was honest but optimistic in his assessment. I went in 4 or 5 days in a row during stims for monitoring and saw Dr. Payson each time because getting my stim dose right was tricky, but he was determined. I felt like he really cared about ensuring our success, but didn't over promise. Ultimately, he opened up the clinic just for me to do a Sunday egg retrieval because he thought that would be in my best interest.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Other
We didn't have the opportunity to work with him [Dr. Mark Payson] as much as we would have liked because for one he's very busy and then this COVID-19 thing hit... we'll see what happens...He was very thorough and knowledgeable...we weren't very far into any specific process...I believe he treated us more like human beings then potential $$$. I'm looking for a doctor who willing to take a chance with my eggs. If they can't make viable embryos then my husband and I will adopt.
She [nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia - Vienna] left not long after we started. We were assigned another but we haven't had much interaction with her...We didn't have the opportunity to work with him [Dr. Mark Payspn] as much as we would have liked because for one he's very busy and then this COVID-19 thing hit... we'll see what happens...He was very thorough and knowledgeable...we weren't very far into any specific process...I believe he treated us more like human beings then potential $$$. I'm looking for a doctor who willing to take a chance with my eggs. If they can't make viable embryos then my husband and I will adopt.
European, Black or African-American, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
We didn't have the opportunity to work with him as much as we would have liked because for one he's very busy and then this COVID-19 thing hit... we'll see what happens. I'm currently looking into a fertility clinic in Barbados.
Do your homework; understand that no matter who your doctor is you may not get the answer or results you want and be ready to spend a lot of money on tests.
It's been a while, however I believe he treated us more like human beings then potential $$$. I'm looking for a doctor who willing to take a chance with my eggs. If they can't make viable embryos then my husband and I will adopt.
He was very thorough and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember)
She left not long after we started. We were assigned another but we haven't had much interaction with her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
I don't really have anything else to add as we weren't very far into any specific process. I always recommend looking at various reviews before choosing a doctor for a process as intimate as this. Also be sure to have a strong and sympathetic/empathetic support system.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia.