CCRM Northern Virginia

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolDartmouth / Brown
Olney, MD 20832
Columbia
5450 Knoll North Drive
Columbia, MD 21045
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Payson to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Northern Virginia to a friend?
IVF, Surrogacy
If you have a harder case or unique issues I'd really encourage you to seek out a second opinion here. I have felt in very good hands and like this process was made possible for me because of Dr. Payson and CCRM...This is a very anti cookie cutter type clinic. Also when I was initially offered Follistim but found Gonal-F would be cheaper out of pocket the nurse was quick to allow me to change which was nice.
IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
I felt in good hands, and very comfortable with Dr. Payson. He clearly explained his plan for me, and put me in touch with very qualified people that could handle my genetic issues. After having a previous bad experience at another clinic, I really felt at ease with Dr. Payson and CCRM. He explained everything very clearly, and it was obvious that he had taken the time to read my lengthy medical history. He also treated me with compassion and tried to make the process as simple as possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia?
After a bad first experience at another clinic I was apprehensive going into this visit. But as soon as I met Dr. Payson I felt at ease. He really took the time to go over my medical history, and look into my genetic concerns. He made calls in advance of my visit to find out if/how he'd be able to help me. I felt a great sense of relief after meeting with him, and he took the time to answer all of my questions. Also did a an in-depth review of my medications and cleared each one, while also speaking to past medication use and how long I'd need to wait to start an IVF cycle.
Describe the protocols Mark Payson used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
I felt like the protocols were unique to each patient here and my needs were really taken into account. My AMH was a little low so my protocol was 300 Gonal-F, and 200 Menopur per day. I haven't completed my cycle yet, but things were well explained to me, and if things need to be changed protocol wise I'm confident things will be tweeked. This is a very anti cookie cutter type clinic. Also when I was initially offered Follistim but found Gonal-F would be cheaper out of pocket the nurse was quick to allow me to change which was nice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Maureen)
Nurses have been great to work with, they are quick to ask how I'm doing in this process and able to change medications out for cheaper options. Very kind and informative and I've been able to ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
I think since it's a newer clinic there might be a few kinks to work out, we're using a surrogate so some of this is newer to them and us. But I wouldn't make a big deal of this. Everything even if it has taken time and some conversations to figure out is still very much on track. I really think this clinic has some great technology and the lab is really amazing. Their CCS program is really great. And the PGD provider they use is very professional and able to work on harder genetic cases.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Payson at CCRM Northern Virginia.
around 18k per cycle cost which includes CCS, additional fees for PGD, initial visit and testing around $1,500.
Describe Mark Payson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
eSET is the option here.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Northern Virginia?
CCRM Northern Virginia
Vienna
2008 - 2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Payson] always took the time to answer my questions even though there were a lot of women in the fertility program. He was honest yet optimistic...He was a little dry personality wise, but I felt he still had a good bed side manner. He explained everything, he modified treatment as necessary and it worked. He...seemed very knowledgeable to me. I never felt like he didn't care...Give him a chance even if he comes off a little bit stand off-ish.
2008 - 2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Mark Payson at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center?
He was a little dry personality wise, but I felt he still had a good bed side manner. He explained everything, he modified treatment as necessary and it worked. He was the director of the program at Walter Reed and seemed very knowledgeable to me. I never felt like he didn't care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Payson at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center?
Give him a chance even if he comes off a little bit stand off-ish.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Payson at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center?
He always took the time to answer my questions even though there were a lot of women in the fertility program. He was honest yet optimistic.
Describe the protocols Mark Payson used in your cycles at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and their degree of success.
I really don't remember everything and I did she several doctors.
Nurses were always caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
it was a unique clinic in that is was run by the military. The clinic had to share spaces with the GYN clinic at Walter Reed so many of the appointments had to be done early in the morning before the routine GYN clinic appointments started. Also they only had 3 or 4 sessions a year so there were always a lot of women to see. It was a little bit assembly line for routine blood draws and stuff and learning to give shots was done as a group. With that said, I never felt like a number. Everyone was professional and caring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
All monitoring was done early in the morning. First come, first serve.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Payson at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Because I was in the military I only had to pay for the actual embryo/sperm lab related work that was done by the ART institute of Washington. This cost was about $5000 per IVF cycle, plus I had to purchase sperm from an outside clinic for each IUI and IVF cycle. All procedures and Medication was free.
Describe Mark Payson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Because of my age and smaller number of eggs it was recommended we implant 3. I was nervous about that, but the explanation provided seemed reassuring to me.
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
DC
Dr Payson is knowledgeable. He provides thorough explanations. His manner is patient and attentive. I went to him for a consultation and my experience was a very positive one...I froze my eggs five years ago. Based on my testing, Dr Payson recommended trying IVF with my current eggs before using the frozen ones because if the frozen ones were not successful, It would be several months later and the chance of success with my current eggs could be reduced.
How was your experience with Mark Payson at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Payson is knowledgeable. He provides thorough explanations. His manner is patient and attentive. I went to him for a consultation and my experience was a very positive one. I don’t have any more to say and think it’s very silly that this form requires a minimum number of characters, which I apparently have not reached yet.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Payson at CCRM Colorado?
The clinic is in the process of becoming part of insurance networks but was not at the time I went for a consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Payson at CCRM Colorado?
Little waiting time, clear explanations, had the doctor’s attention, took time to answer questions
Describe the protocols Mark Payson used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
I did not spend much time with the nursing staff but found them compentent and kind.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic currently does not participate in any insurance plans but likely will in the next few months. The office is very nice. I never waited for more than five minutes for tests or appointments. The staff was incredibly attentive. I felt very well taken care of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Payson at CCRM Colorado.
I paid for all appointments and tests out of pocket
CCRM Colorado