Available by cell phone
FellowshipU. of Minnesota
5445 Meridian Mark Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-843-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Perloe to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta to a friend?
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Things were not looking in our favor but Dr. Perloe made us a guarantee that we would walk out that facility with a baby. We got pregnant on our first round of IVF. We followed all of Dr. Perloe's directions even doing a frozen transfer when we wanted to do a fresh transfer...knew all our needs and addressed them accordingly. Dr. Perloe's knowledge in the area of infertility is an understatement, he's a GURU.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
When my husband and I entered Shady Grove we didn't know what to expect. My husband had done some research on the facility beforehand but we know what we were up against. I was battling PCOS and Uterine Fibroids and Dr. Perloe explained all of that to us. Things were not looking in our favor but Dr. Perloe made us a guarantee that we would walk out that facility with a baby. We got pregnant on our first round of IVF. We followed all of Dr. Perloe's directions even doing a frozen transfer when we wanted to do a fresh transfer. We started our IVF journey in June 2018 and by August 2018 we were pregnant. Dr. Perloe knew all our needs and addressed them accordingly. Dr. Perloe's knowledge in the area of infertility is an understatement, he's a GURU.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe is very open to your ideas and what maybe your plans for IVF but he'll direct you in the right way to go. I recommend following his advice from beginning to end.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
We felt like a human because Dr. Perloe know our exact needs every time we stepped foot in the facility. He never forgot our names and remembered every little detail about me.
Describe the protocols Mark Perloe used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Dr. Perloe recommended that I lose some weight and change my diet before starting my IVF cycle. I used Gonal-f for my FSH, menopur and some other medications that Dr. Perloe will prescribe to you.I think we did 150 ML of gonal daily but we it may vary depending on what Dr. Perloe prescribes to you. We had to get some MRI's done because of my Uterine Fibroids. I had some pre-diagnostic testing done and a consultation to determine my infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda)
Our nurse Yolanda was amazing. She was there for me every step of the way. She gave me hope even when I didn't think I had any. Her encouragement is what kept me going through with the process. She knew Dr. Perloe better than anyone there and gave me assurance that Dr. Perloe will give me a baby. She is very patient, understanding, and caring about what you're going through. Anytime we had questions and or needed some advice on things, she was always there for us. I thank nurse Yolanda so much for everything she did.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The staff at the clinic was always helpful. From the front desk to the ladies that drew my blood, they were all so supportive. When we told them the good news about us being pregnant they were just as excited as we were. There was one lady at the front desk that was a little quirky but she was always a good laugh for me and my husband when we went. The only thing I did not like was being seated in one area of the clinic with other patient and at times you would her hear some of the medical issues with the patients. They would sit all the patients in a holding area and you would see other people with the same inflictions. If you are a very private person I don't think you would care for that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
They had a number of diffeent plans for us to choose from. We qualified for the plan that gave us 2-3 ivf cycles and unlimited transfers that cost us $18,500. We wish we would've went with the one cycle that was $12,500 but we didn't know we would get pregnant on the first round plus we shouldv'e tried another round of IUI. Medications cost us another $2,500 so our total bill came to $21,500. They also offer financing which we did so it gives us 5 years to pay off.
Describe Mark Perloe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Dr. Perloe recommended eSET because e was afraid of me having multiples and wanted to be careful because of my fibroids. Though you transfer one embryo, there's still a chance that the one embryo could multiply.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Sandy Springs

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.

Dr. Perloe was very thorough and reviewed my extensive medical history. He was able to quickly identify concerns with my current medication and identified a problem with my husband that several others doctors did not mention. He answered all of my questions any time I was in the office and he was also very responsive via email.... He has extensive experience researching PCOS and treated this disorder with modified medications, diet and exercise.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe is truly an expert in his field. He is very matter of fact and was able to quickly identify our infertility barriers and a solution after working with several other doctors over the course of years. He has extensive experience researching PCOS and treated this disorder with modified medications, diet and exercise. He set out a plan for me and had data to back up his recommendations. He was able to diagnose my husband with sperm morphology issues (which no other doctor had identified) and immediately knew that IVF with ICSI would be our best option. He thoroughly explained what was happening at each appointment as well as next steps. I always felt informed and supported. I was very comfortable working with Dr. Perloe and I was always confident in his recommendations. Even after I left his care after my first trimester, I would still rely on him for medical advice because I valued his opinion so much. My husband and I are eternally grateful for his knowledge and expertise. Without him we would not have our beautiful baby girl that we tried to conceive for over 6 years.
That he is truly an expert in treating infertility. He is very direct and will tell you what you need to do and/or stop doing to get the best results.
Dr. Perloe changed the type of Metformin I was taking daily from extended release to regular. He suggested I take Ovasitol daily for PCOS and prenatal vitamins from Theralogix. He was very careful in monitoring the amount of medication used and its effects on my eggs to ensure that they were not overstimulated (which can be common in PCOS patients). If anything appeared abnormal he would lower the dosage. My egg retrieval was very successful and I had 17 mature eggs. He recommended to do ICSI since my husband had morphology issues. The embryos that developed were frozen and we also did the genetic screening on the embryos and had 3 normal embryos. I embryo was transferred in November 2016 and we had a successful cycle with a healthy baby born August 8, 2017.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Cody)
Jacqueline was very patient in demonstrating how to administer all medications/injections. She was very compassionate and supportive throughout the process. She was always concerned about my overall well-being.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Georgia Reproductive Specialists is the best infertility clinic in the metro Atlanta area. We spent a lot of time and money working with other doctors in other clinics without any success and no one able to tell us "why" we weren't getting pregnant.
Around $15-20,000 for the entire process including medications, ICSI, cryopreservation, etc.
Dr. Perloe recommended a single embryo transfer since carrying multiples can be very taxing on the body and there are elevated risks for complications.
Sandy Springs

He [Dr. Perloe] was straight forward and to the point but wasn't overly negative or defeatist. He was a realist who didn't crush ones' hopes. He did communicate quickly but was open to questions and concerns. One thing was he was open to other treatments working in tandem with his own-acupuncture, etc...we then went to IVF which he felt would work better considering my age. we used a lot of drugs and hormones, but he was open to me getting acupuncture and eastern herbal drinks in collaboration with the western drugs.
European, South Asian
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
He was straight forward and to the point but wasn't overly negative or defeatist. He was a realist who didn't crush ones' hopes. He did communicate quickly but was open to questions and concerns. One thing was he was open to other treatments working in tandem with his own-acupuncture, etc.
Have questions and be prepared with what you want and expect.
Well there was a lot of patients so it is hard not to feel like a number, but the nurses and others there made me feel like a human.
we tried one round of IUI as i already had 5 with another doctor. we then went to IVF which he felt would work better considering my age. we used a lot of drugs and hormones, but he was open to me getting acupuncture and eastern herbal drinks in collaboration with the western drugs.
They were open and helpful in describing and demonstrating how to give myself shots and where to give them. they were easily reachable by telephone and always available for questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is inviting and has a warm atmosphere. the only thing is no children are allowed so it makes it difficult for single mothers to come.
The cost was 20,000 for one cycle not including the cost of the drugs. (cycle included egg retrieval, fertilization and embryo transplantation for all embryos created from that cycle.)
He preferred one at a time but also strongly recommended genetic testing particularly considering my age.

2010 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
He's extremely knowledgeable about the very latest studies and willing to try your ideas (within reason). Doesn't sugarcoat, doesn't condescend.
2010 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
He's a bit of an odd bird, but I liked that he treated me like an intelligent human being capable of understanding my own treatment and my own body. Not that he's rude, but if you want a doctor to be your BFF confidant, maybe look somewhere else.
They never confused me with another patient. All the nurses knew and remembered me and my history.
Yolanda is one of the best people I've met. She's cheerful and kind and doesn't condescend. Willing to answer totally stupid questions about my treatment without making me feel like a moron. Always remembers my family and their interests. Just a super lady to have in your corner during a turbulent time in your life. Can't say enough great things about her.
Sandy Springs

He [Dr. Mark Perloe] is very good at explaining the processes and helping the patient feel optimistic. He is also at every single appointment, which i understand is a rarity. He also generally sees you pretty shortly after you arrive instead of waiting for hours and hours... The dr himself was involved at every appt.... Yolanda and Jaqueline are AMAZING!!! They are available whenever you need them and they are always so caring.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
He is very good at explaining the processes and helping the patient feel optimistic. He is also at every single appointment, which i understand is a rarity. He also generally sees you pretty shortly after you arrive instead of waiting for hours and hours
The dr himself was involved at every appt
IUI plus ovidrel to lead to a pregnancy IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda and Jaqueline)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
They are very good. Just know in advance that they don't accept AMEX.
about $1500-2000 for IUI about $20,000 for IVF package that includes subsequent embryoes