9.7

5445 Meridian Mark Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-843-2229

Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. ... Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him ... I have PCOS and am of advanced maternal age, so we tried medicated IUI with letrozole, follistim, ovidrel, and endometrin. Going forward, I'm doing IVF after 3 unsuccessful IUIs, and I'm not certain of the protocol.
It's often the case that you have to track them [Shady Grove Fertility nurses] down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging. ... The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him, but I had some concerns about getting information and the office staff., However, overall, I think very highly of dr. Perloe and have chosen to continue seeing him even after several unsuccessful IUIs. He always responds quickly to my emails, although I try not to email him for every single thing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Be prepared with a list of questions, and email him directly if you have an important question. Be prepared to chase down his office staff for results and information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. However, he and the office staff often seem "uninformed" about my case and history. I know they see lots of patience, but I would prefer that they be prepared and well-versed on my case prior to an appointment.
Describe the protocols Mark Perloe used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda during IUI and Jacqueline during IVF.)
Have unfortunately had trouble getting responses and help from the nursing and clinical staff. Starting with Kaylee, who was very unclear and apparently forgot to do some of the testing required before I started my IUI Cycles. Yolanda was also difficult to get in touch with during each IUI cycle, and a couple of times she neglected to call in medication early enough, which led to me paying out of pocket rather than getting insurance coverage. Jacqueline has been better about follow-ups via email, but I often need to urge her to ask dr. Perloe about my specific question to get an answer. There have been a couple of emails I have sent with questions that I had to follow up a second time with her to get a response. I try not to be difficult or too demanding, but as someone who is investing a lot of money in IVF, there are a lot of emotions and nerves attached, and having timely answers to my questions, and compassionate reassurance would be really helpful. I don't think it's too much to expect. I respect my nurses and their time, but also hope that they do the same for me and go to any extent possible to help me achieve a successful pregnancy. I've heard of other women having outstanding and wonderful experiences with their nurses and Care team at other practices, and it sometimes makes me feel sad, because I feel like I'm just a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The doctors are the strengths. The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I mentioned many of these in my review of the nurses. It's often the case that you have to track them down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging.
Buckhead/Piedmont

Treated 2010 - 2015
He's extremely knowledgeable about the very latest studies and willing to try your ideas (within reason). Doesn't sugarcoat, doesn't condescend.
Yolanda [my nurse] is one of the best people I've met. She's cheerful and kind and doesn't condescend. Willing to answer totally stupid questions about my treatment without making me feel like a moron.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
He's a bit of an odd bird, but I liked that he treated me like an intelligent human being capable of understanding my own treatment and my own body. Not that he's rude, but if you want a doctor to be your BFF confidant, maybe look somewhere else.
They never confused me with another patient. All the nurses knew and remembered me and my history.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda)
Yolanda is one of the best people I've met. She's cheerful and kind and doesn't condescend. Willing to answer totally stupid questions about my treatment without making me feel like a moron. Always remembers my family and their interests. Just a super lady to have in your corner during a turbulent time in your life. Can't say enough great things about her.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. Mark Perloe] is very good at explaining the processes and helping the patient feel optimistic. He is also at every single appointment, which i understand is a rarity. He also generally sees you pretty shortly after you arrive instead of waiting for hours and hours... The dr himself was involved at every appt.... Yolanda and Jaqueline are AMAZING!!! They are available whenever you need them and they are always so caring.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
He is very good at explaining the processes and helping the patient feel optimistic. He is also at every single appointment, which i understand is a rarity. He also generally sees you pretty shortly after you arrive instead of waiting for hours and hours
The dr himself was involved at every appt
IUI plus ovidrel to lead to a pregnancy IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda and Jaqueline)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
They are very good. Just know in advance that they don't accept AMEX.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
about $1500-2000 for IUI about $20,000 for IVF package that includes subsequent embryoes