Nurse available by email
727-796-7705
4728 N Habana Avenue
Tampa, FL 33614
813-993-9166
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Sanchez to a friend?

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Fertility Institute to a friend?
I was not monitored for 4 days in the middle of stimulation! The nurse told me the Dr [Dr. Sanchez] established the exact day for my egg retrieval even though my body wasn't responding the way they wanted. Later I found out that's the day he had the anesthesiologist from the hospital in his clinic and he lined up all his retrievals for the same day. Forget what my body said or my timeline. It was what worked best for his timeline and most cost-effective for him. He never told the nurses or me to take any of the ganirelix that was prescribed and I purchased until after I came back on day 11.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He can be very charismatic until your pay $$$. Then you are of no concern to him. I have low ovarian reserve. I didn't do Dr Google or question his course of action. I followed his instructions and the nurses instructions to a tee. I never questioned anything because I trusted that he knew what he was doing and that he had my best interest in mind. Boy was I wrong! They prescribed me birth control for a couple of cycles before stimulation. (now I know birth control suppresses your ovaries and is terrible for people with low ovarian reserve like me). On stimulation day 6, they did my ultrasound and bloodwork and my follicles were not growing as fast as they expected. The nurse called me that afternoon and said that the doctor told me to not come back till Monday which was day 11 of simulation. I was not monitored for 4 days in the middle of stimulation! The nurse told me the Dr established the exact day for my egg retrieval even though my body wasn't responding the way they wanted. Later I found out that's the day he had the anesthesiologist from the hospital in his clinic and he lined up all his retrievals for the same day. Forget what my body said or my timeline. It was what worked best for his timeline and most cost-effective for him. He never told the nurses or me to take any of the ganirelix that was prescribed and I purchased until after I came back on day 11. By that time, little did I know, the damage was done. When I came in on day 11 of stimulation, I was very bloated and complained that my stomach could not be extended anymore. The doctor never saw me. He didn't say anything. He never called. Looking back at my medical records now, my estrogen levels were through the roof on day 11. He doesn't have any of his patients come in after trigger to do blood work to identify your true estrogen level. If mine was high before the trigger, I can only imagine what it was afterwards. I have had other doctors ask me what my estrogen level was after trigger and they were shocked he didn't check my level. After retrieval, I awoke from anesthesia and threw up immediately 2X while still on the table from the pain. He never came back in the room to check on me. I literally left his clinic after egg retrieval hunched over and couldn't stand up straight. He never called me that afternoon to check on me. I went to the hospital for 6 days. He NEVER called. He didn't even care to call other doctors that were calling him asking him how to take care of me and if this was a normal reaction to egg retrieval and what to do. His professional manner was so bad, my OBGYN told me she will never refer another patient to him or his practice again. Dr Sanchez also told us that we didn't need ICSI and that my husband's sperm was great. Out of the 6 eggs I had left on day 2 only 3 had fertilized and I had a 50% fertilization rate. If we had done ICSI, I now know it would have been much higher and I would have had a greater chance at growing more embryos to 5 days. When we met with him after my hospital stay and I was still extremely sore, he asked to examine me. All he did was lay me down on his examining table and press on my lower abdomen and I was in so much pain. His response was like, yeah that's normal. He then smiled and told my husband that it would all be ok because women like me that over stimulate and end up in the hospital always end up pregnant. I left the clinic so upset that he gave my husband this false promise. I knew the odds and with only 1 embryo, they were not in my favor. He also runs a lot of clinical trials out of his office. I saw many people waiting in the waiting room every time I was there. I was shocked since there are only 2 doctors, 2 IVF nurses. Looking back, it seems like all he cares about is the $Money$ Money from patients. Money from clinical trials Money from students waitng room - clinical trails
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
RUN AWAY! Interview 2 or more clinics. Read reviews. If you need anything more than the basic IVF, he is not the doctor for you. The clinic is very disorganized. His protocol is the same no matter what your circumstances are. Also, I was never given a saline sonogram to determine my uterine cavity. This is a basic test that is extremely beneficial for implantation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
We saw the doctor 4 times total for a full IVF egg retrieval and frozen transfer. At the initial consultation, he is very warm and talked about 30 minutes to explain IVF with a student present. The second time I saw the doctor was at egg retrieval with another student present. The third time was after my hospital stay when we requested to meet with him to hear his explanation of what went wrong during my egg retrieval. No student was present. The fourth time we saw Dr Sanchez was for my frozen embryo transfer with yet another student. I didn't notice till after I was done with the clinic that 3 out of 4 times I saw the DR he was always with a different student he was teaching. As if his attention was elsewhere or he found another way to make more money by having different students in his practice all the time. While I was in the hospital for OHSS, he never called my OBGYN. She gave his office her personal cell phone in order to get more information from him so that she could treat me. When we met with Dr. Sanchez after my hospitalization, he told me that my egg retrieval went perfectly and if I had gone to the hospital where he had privileges, then he would have been able to help me. In the very next sentance, he stated that he didn't even know I was in the hospital because he was on vacation. On the paperwork the nurse gave me, nowhere could we find a hospital name or directions of what to do in case of an emergency. I had no idea he didn't have privileges in the hospital I went we drove to at 3:00 am. My husband called his emergency number and I woke his nurse up who told me to take ibuprofen over and over again and didn't have anything else to say. She was so confused when she answered the call as if she took an ambient or a sleeping aid. There are 2 doctors at this practice. It should not matter if a doctor takes a vacation. Your care, especially while hospitalized, should be of concern and priority. While in the hospital his nurse continued to call me about the details of my eggs in the lab. I asked for the doctor to please call and help my general practitioner and OBGYN to treat me. Neither Dr Sanchez or Dr Zabella called either of my doctors or myself while I was in the hospital. I was simply left with tremendous pain and no one in the hospital knew how to take care of me since IVF is a very unique situation. I sat in the hospital for 6 days. I had fluid in my abdomen built all the way up to my diaphragm. I could not go to the bathroom, I could not stand up straight. I could hardly walk. At the end when my 1 and only embryo didn't implant, he didn't bother to call me. His nurse called and told me. His follow up was atrocious! In all my life, I have never been treated so bad as if I didn't matter and was of no use since he already had our money.
Describe the protocols Mark Sanchez used in your cycles at Florida Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I stated with Birth Control. They had me taking DHEA 25 mg 3 X daily. Prenatal vitamin daily. Baby Asprin daily. I took an antibiotic. (Doxyclycline in the middle of stimulations for 10 days) 225 of Follistim Daily at night 3 bottles of Menopur at night. My stimulation medication was high and the nurse originally said he would probably adjust it but he never did. I was prescribed 5 shots of ganirelix but was only told to take 1 shot on day 11 of stimuation. Trigger was HCG Novarel. I don't recall any special treatment strategies other than my high amount of stimulation drugs. The results were I was overstimulated. I ended up in the hospital with OHSS with low ovarian reserve (which should never happen) I had 10 follicles with 10 eggs at retrieval. 2 were immature, 2 died, 6 were fertilized naturally. 3 grew into embryos and only 1 made it to 5 day but was not able to be PGS tested even though we paid for it in advance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Charlie & Andrea)
You can tell they are overworked and disorganized. They do a sit down and explantaion of injections 2-3 weeks before you start. It was just enough time for us to forget. It is very overwhelming. I never received phone calls asking how I was doing during stimulation. How my first shots went, how I was feeling. Looking back now I can see they are simply way too busy. I don't need hand-holding. I paid A LOT of money and simply want to know that they care about me and I am doing everything correct. It's simply nice to know that someone cares. When my husband called the emergency line after my egg retrieval, which is a cell phone the 2 nurses share, the nurse that answered was so out of it. It was 2:30 am. My husband explained I couldn't breathe and fell on the floor trying to go to the bathroom and was in tremendous pain. All she could say was take ibuprofen and come back to the clinic at 7am. I called at 8 am because I was having an allergic reaction to the oral estradiol prescribed and started to break out in hives on my face. I called the IVF desk and left a message since no one answers the phone. It always just rings and rings and then goes to voicemail. It was returned at the end of the day 4:30 pm and she gave me instructions after I had called a couple of pharmacists to find out what to do. I don't know why I wasn't told to take ganirelix during my stimulation? Was my handwritten charts lost, did the nurse not follow up with the Dr. Did the Dr not follow up with the nurse? At my FET, the nurse told me my lining looked great, even better than during my stimulation. I told her I had been going to acupuncture after a friend referred me. She stated that she has seen many girls have great results with acupuncture. WHY wasn't this mentioned to me when I started IVF at their clinic? I mentioned I was taking CoQ10 leading up to the retrieval. The nurse stated that it really didn't matter and I could either continue to take it or not during stimulation. It was my choice. Now I know many studies show that taking this is helpfu for women in my situation with low AMH. Overall they are nice people. But 2 nurses to run IVF, IUI's, and clinical trials for 2 doctors simply isn't enough nursing staff! The nurse to patient ratio is not in favor of the patient.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
strengths: the clinic was close to me. He was highly recommended by my friend and many people in the area know of this clinic. weakness: he doesn't' cater his plan to your individual needs. They are understaffed, running clinical trials, student mentor program, 2 ivf nurses and 2 doctors. The girls at the front desk changed 3 times over the course of time I was there. The office uses paper charts. No one answers the phone in IVF department phone line. You must always leave a message.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute.
IVF $6450 Anesthesia $400 ICSI - $1,500 *Optional Assisted Hatching - $680 *Optional Cryopreservation - $950 & annual storage $360 - both must be paid if you have any embryos to freeze. Facility Fee $2,400 They charge 2% for credit card transactions. All the bloodwork was charged to my insurance. All medications are paid to the pharmacy.
Describe Mark Sanchez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Fertility Institute.
He never discussed this. We didn't know this and he never brought it up during initial consultation. After my retrieval, there was no point, since I only had 1 embryo.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Sanchez gave us the option of transferring the two available embryos because of my age. However, after considering the risk of multiple pregnancies, we decided to just transfer one...from the first meeting was honest and to the point. He explained in detail the testing and the different procedures I would need. He knew I would understand everything if i saw it in paper (I do better with images, I am a visual learner), he drew a diagram and took me through the entire IVF process step by step.
Investor
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez after reviewing my medial records from the other 2 clinics before i saw him, the first thing he said to me was, where is your diagnosis? I had been seen by previous doctors for almost 2 years and 3 failed IUIs and they never diagnosed my problem. Dr. Sanchez said the first thing we need to find out it's what's wrong so I can help you. At that point i just started crying because i knew I had found the right doctor. Dr. Sanchez diagnosed me with a severe case of PCOS. I also have uterine fibroids, which is very consistent with women with PCOS.
The most important thing in this lonely and painful journey of infertility is to have a doctor that is honest, trustworthy and kind. I found that in Dr. Sanchez. If your doctor lacks does 3 things, it's time to move on. Don't wait!
Dr. Sanchez from the first meeting was honest and to the point. He explained in detail the testing and the different procedures I would need. He knew I would understand everything if i saw it in paper (I do better with images, I am a visual learner), he drew a diagram and took me through the entire IVF process step by step.
After 6 cycles of clomid, 3 cycles or Letrasol, 3 failed IUIs. I finally made it to the care of Dr. Sanchez and we both agreed that IVF was going to be the next step. While going through the beginning stages of IVF. Dr. Zbella (Dr. Sanchez partner, who works at Florida Fertility. An amazing doctor as well), found a massive fibroid, half the size of my uterus to be exact. At that point I had to suspend the IVF cycle and had surgery to remove it. I had the open myomectomy on June 1, 2018. I had to wait 3 months for my uterus to heal and in September I was back to see Dr. Sanchez. I was put on birthday control for 1 month to regulate my period and to monitor my cycle. Then, I started prenatal vitamins, 1 baby aspirin a day (to increase blood flow to the uterus) and Lupron. In 9 days I was ready for the trigger shot. I also was taking the antibiotic Doxycline. Then Egg retrieval. I was at the clinic for the procedure where 13 eggs were collected from my ovaries. I was as asleep and the procedure took about 20 minutes. Out of the 13 eggs 3 made to PGS testing. I had two normal embryos and one abnormal. My husband and i decided to transfer only 1 frozen embryo and continue to freeze the second. We were confident that everything was going to work. I had responded very well to the meds and everything was going just as Dr. Sanchez described it. Unfortunately, the IVF cycle failed and i had a negative pregnancy test. As sad as i was, i knew that my husband and I had followed the instructions perfectly. I did everything how i was suppose to, it just did not work. I am now emotionally healing, resting and saving (yes, saving. My insurance doesn't covered IVF. All our expenses have been out of pocket). We are excited to try again soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea and Charlie are the IVF coordinators at Florida Fertility. Both are great at their job and always available to answer any questions. They had an one on one class with me and my husband on the medications and what to expect during the cycle.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
They do the consultations, labs and procedures at the clinic which is very convenient. They do it all on site saving you time and money. What I appreciated as well from this clinic was the financial support. Their billing team sat with me and went over all the expense. They also made me aware different pharmacies that I could get the medication from. I ended up getting my meds from an online pharmacy which saved me almost $1000.
The IVF cycle without meds was $12,600.
Clearwater

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute.

Don't expect him [Dr. Mark Sanchez] to coddle you, he'll tell you the truth about what's going on and what to expect with your particular situation... Following two failed IUIs I sat down with him again to discuss options and decided, with his candid input, to pursue IVF which resulted in five day 5 cryopreserved embryos. Our first transfer (two embryos) resulted in a singleton pregnancy (still in progress).
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr Sanchez was willing to meet with me to discuss any of my concerns at any step in the process. He was candid about the situation, kept expectations reasonable, and was quick to tell me when I was stressing out unnecessarily which was exactly what I needed to hear!
Don't expect him to coddle you, he'll tell you the truth about what's going on and what to expect with your particular situation.
Dr Sanchez started with the typical HSG and blood work, which revealed a tubal blockage. In light of appearing to have one open tube, he recommended IUI with clomid. Following two failed IUIs I sat down with him again to discuss options and decided, with his candid input, to pursue IVF which resulted in five day 5 cryopreserved embryos. Our first transfer (two embryos) resulted in a singleton pregnancy (still in progress).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Mandy)
Every member of the nursing staff I interacted with was wonderful, whether I was calling them in a panic or arriving at 7 am for blood work. They made an extremely stressful process much more positive and made me feel confident every step of the way that they not only knew what they were doing, but that they were personally invested in a positive outcome.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
All of the staff members were wonderful, I felt that the dr listened to my concerns and explained very clearly what was going on and when I was stressing myself out unnecessarily, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend my best friend of anyone else to this clinic. After dealing with an OB/Gyn at the beginning of my infertility journey who was not sympathetic, understanding, or compassionate, I was pleasantly surprised by the kindness and compassion demonstrated by everyone here. I was so happy with this clinic that I drove down there (over an hour and a half one way) every other morning before work for my monitoring during my retrieval cycle and didn't even consider switching to a closer clinic at any point.
The costs were very clearly stated for each step of the process. There were no surprise fees at any point (which of course is a huge fear with something as expensive and involved as IVF).
I was told that at my age (under 30), my options were one to two embryos only. It was explained very clearly to me why this was, in relation to the risk of multiples.
Tampa

Dr. Sanchez is incredibly knowledgable and thorough. He has met with my husband and I a few times throughout our process, most recently to discuss IVF. During these meetings he is empathetic and compassionate to our struggles. He provides all of the information, scientific and the emotional challenges, to each scenario that he presents.... he first thing Dr. Sanchez did was run tests. I had all of my labs run and an HSG my husband also had his sperm checked. Everything came back fine
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez works with an amazing team at Florida Fertility Institute. Although he has not completed all of my tests and procedures I always feel like I am in good hands. Everyone at the practice explains everything that they are doing and ensures that you do not leave with any questions. Dr. Sanchez has great bedside manner, we even find ourselves laughing during our visits. He is able to take these uncomfortable visits and make them light and friendly. Every time we meet with Dr. Sanchez whether it is for a consolation, a test, or a procedure we feel like he has our best in mind and helps us make the most educated decisions.
Relax before your first visit. My husband and I were nervous and unsure what to expect before our initial consultation with Dr. Sanchez. He immediately put my nerves at rest, spoke to us like people, and began to explain what what going on and what our many option were going forward.
Dr. Sanchez is incredibly knowledgable and thorough. He has met with my husband and I a few times throughout our process, most recently to discuss IVF. During these meetings he is empathetic and compassionate to our struggles. He provides all of the information, scientific and the emotional challenges, to each scenario that he presents. He is also very supportive to our decisions each step of the way. In addition to Dr. Sanchez the entire practice is compassionate. There are days walking out of the ultrasound that all you want to do is cry and they are there to support and help build you back up. You are always greeted with a warm smiling face by everyone you encounter. Throughout the past 18 months everyone at Florida Fertility Institute has made our struggles just a little bit easier.
When my husband and I went to our initial consultation there was no reason that we were unable to get pregnant. So the first thing Dr. Sanchez did was run tests. I had all of my labs run and an HSG my husband also had his sperm checked. Everything came back fine. So we tried naturally for a few more months. Then we went back into meet with Dr. Sanchez and we decided to move onto IUI. We ran 3 rounds of IUI with clomid and still nothing so I had an SHG, again absolutely nothing wrong. So now we're preparing for IVF. There is still no reason that we are not getting pregnant so we are very hopeful that IVF will help us conceive.
The nursing staff is amazing at Florida Fertility Institute. You are always welcomed with a smile. Whenever I call I always get a call back within a few hours at the most. They answer my questions and take the time to ensure I understand what is going on.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Florida Fertility Institute is a very warm practice. Everyone there is friendly and caring. They really do understand that everyone that walks through the doors is struggling with infertility. They show an immense amount of compassion and empathy. They are there to help with each step of the way. They respond quickly to phone calls and questions.
I do not have health insurance for infertility. For our IUI we paid approximately $1,000. There are many options for IVF and we are currently deciding on a one time option or a money back guarantee option (includes 3 cycles).
Tampa

We saw Dr. Sanchez over the course of several months for treatment. He explained diagnosis and treatment options to us every step of the way. He was compassionate and funny. One visit we had to bring our 4 year old daughter( she was sick and out of school) and he even put cartoons on the TV while we had our consult and gave her a stuffed animal to keep. Yes he did have a resident in training with him; but i took that to mean he is knowledgeable enough to be teaching our future Drs. in the field. We are elated, after several miscarriages we are almost ready to have our miracle baby. I cannot thank Dr. S. enough! If you haven't gotten the results, treatment or compassion from other Fertility Drs. then run, don't walking go see Dr. Sanchez!
See Him ASAP!
Excellent!
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Great with appointment scheduling, courteous, and responsive. I was always put at ease by everyone. All of my questions were answered and at all times of the day and night including several calls over the weekend.
Tampa
He’s [Dr. Mark Sanchez] a charismatic guy that can lighten the mood. However, we felt like he overexaggerated our chances of pregnancy with IVF so we jumped right in. We often didn’t see him during our treatments and there was never an explanation for a change of treatment. It was more a “sorry about your luck”... Three IUIs with clomid. 1st was positive but chemical pregnancy. Next two IUIs were negative. His answer wasn’t more testing, his answer was IVF for which he gave us a 60% chance. IVF meds were on the lower end and I did not experience any complications. He was rarely around for any IVF appts. Fresh transfer with two embryos was negative. Frozen transfer of two embryos was positive but chemical pregnancy. We never met with him again because they wanted another $250 for a follow up appointment.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He’s a charismatic guy that can lighten the mood. However, we felt like he overexaggerated our chances of pregnancy with IVF so we jumped right in. We often didn’t see him during our treatments and there was never an explanation for a change of treatment. It was more a “sorry about your luck”
Make sure he’s covering all bases and not just putting you on the “fertility escalator” that will cost you $50k and leave you with no baby and no answers
Rarely interfaces with Dr Sanchez during three IUIs and two Ivf transfers
The main nurse I worked with was okay, I just didn’t like that dr Sanchez wasn’t very involved. It was like being shipped to another clinic w/o the doctor
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Scheduling was flexible. Front desk was overall friendly. Billing/checkout lady was terrible and unfriendly. Billing was usually a nightmare. The best person was the ultrasound tech! Another positive is they don’t make you cycle with other patients, you can start your cycle whenever you are ready.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Florida Fertility Institute.
Monitoring appts were the best part because the ultrasound tech was a sweetheart!
IUIs were under $1000. My IVF cost. Around $18,000

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
[Dr. Sanchez] I learned that I was diagnosed with DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) ONLY by reading through my records which were mailed to another clinic. This dx was given in 2016. I would have not continued with treatment using my own eggs @ this point. Further after 4 RE's I learned that being a carrier for Fragile X increases my chances of DOR, Miscarriage and poor embryos/egg quality...10 IUIs w/ either clomid or injectable medications. Antagonist IVF protocol 1 chemical, 1 MC of twins & 1 MC of a singleton
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
After 3 years of treatments w/ this office I learned that I was diagnosed with DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) ONLY by reading through my records which were mailed to another clinic. This dx was given in 2016. I would have not continued with treatment using my own eggs @ this point. Further after 4 RE's I learned that being a carrier for Fragile X increases my chances of DOR, Miscarriage and poor embryos/egg quality. I was beginning to feel like this clinic did not care about my outcome but only wanted my money as well as insurance payment after my 3rd loss. I have wasted over 35K with this clinic only to find out that I needed either donor eggs or donor embryo's.
Demand testing, demand to be able to review your chart and be your own advocate. More importantly, go find ANOTHER clinic.
I do not feel like they cared about me as a person.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
You could schedule any time that was convenient for you.
over 35k
None
Tampa

He [Dr. Mark Sanchez] was also up front in discussion about my potential chances. Although he said that my low AMH may mean it would not be successful he understood me wanting to at least try a cycle before considering donor eggs...He was completely open and supportive of my decision to be a single mother by choice...He was always very nice, but sometimes felt a little condescending...He gave mostly overviews and left specifics of treatment to the IVF coordinater and finances to the billing department.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He was always very nice, but sometimes felt a little condescending. He gave mostly overviews and left specifics of treatment to the IVF coordinater and finances to the billing department. He was completely open and supportive of my decision to be a single mother by choice. Overall the experience with him was positive.
Make sure to write down specific questions. He tents to give broad strokes of information so I sometimes felt unsure about each individual step.
He was always very pleasant and personable. He was also up front in discussion about my potential chances. Although he said that my low AMH may mean it would not be successful he understood me wanting to at least try a cycle before considering donor eggs.
Since I had low AMH he recommended we go straight to IVF. My medications were pretty aggressive, meopur and follistim. The first cycle was cancelled due to poor response. For the second cycle we added human growth hormone prior to and overlapping with the stim medicines. When the five day ultrasound showed poor response again we converted to IUI and triggered for the one mature follicle. Since that try was not successful he recommended either donor eggs, which they can do, or donor embryos, which would require me to go elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Charlie and Andrea)
They were all very nice and supportive. I had to ask specific questions though because they often glossed over steps or went through things very quickly. They did provide links to online resources.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The clinic overall was very well organized. Everyone was very nice. They do most of their procedures and tests in house so are able to get you test results within the same day. You have to take checks because there is a fee for any card transactions. Although they mention a billing department if you have any questions about payments or your account t you must call the front desk and request to talk to Vanessa. It's the only way to get ahold of her and she is the only one with the information.
There was an initial consultation charge of about $200 then a flat fee for the remainder of treatment, not including medications, of $10,750 plus $500 fee since I financed some of it. After two cycles, one cancelled due to poor performance and the second converted to IUI again because of poor response I was able to request a refund of my unused funds, $8949. Or that could have been used towards a different course of treatment.
I never got that far
Tampa

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Poor Egg Quality
Mark Sanchez's bedside manner was warm and compassionate, very empathetic and understanding of how draining the process was in every way. He managed expectations clearly and concisely and was always very honest... in Dr. Sanchez's hands, we always felt reassured. When he performed the transfer of our frozen embryo, he seemed as emotionally invested in our success as we were.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
As previously indicated, he managed our expectations like a professional, warning us of potential risks, guiding us through best practices, and always answering every question with sincerity. On our first transfer, the embryos did not latch, which could've have happened for a number of reasons (they were too weak, my wife was more active than she should've been...who knows), and Dr. Sanchez prepared us for the possibility that despite all of the injections, all of the hormones, all of the financial obligation, all of the stress, that there is a chance that pregnancy may not occur. It is devastating receiving that phone call. Yet, in Dr. Sanchez's hands, we always felt reassured. When he performed the transfer of our frozen embryo, he seemed as emotionally invested in our success as we were. There was a moment before the transfer that I remember specifically, where he nodded his head and closed his eyes for a moment (possibly to pray, or meditate, or just get in the proper headspace), and witnessing this put a strange calm over me. Lo and behold, our baby was born beautiful, healthy, and perfect. We can never thank Dr. Sanchez enough, and only hope someday we can afford to see him again to give our child a sibling. We trust him without question.
Listen to him attentively, trust his counsel, and follow his instructions meticulously.
Mark Sanchez's bedside manner was warm and compassionate, very empathetic and understanding of how draining the process was in every way. He managed expectations clearly and concisely and was always very honest, but still treated us with kid gloves. He gave precise instructions on how to behave, what to avoid, and what to expect either way. He has a very kind and calm demeanor and legitimate concern for his patients. We could not have been in better hands.
We went three rounds: The first was IUI; although there was a number of hormone injections and medicines involved, the second was a two embryo transfer, and the third was the frozen embryo transfer that we cryogenically preserved from the first egg retrieval and insemination. I cannot recall the names of the medications/injections right now; although, we researched them intensively at the time. There were also dietary requirements, like extra Folic Acid, and added Estrogen.
All of my communications with the nurses were excellent to my recollection. The only miscommunication we had was not being aware that there was a 3% charge for using a credit card, which is significant when the payments are as large as they are; however, that is more of an administrative error. As far as the care from the nurses, everything was excellent.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The only weakness I can think of was the miscommunication about the fee for using a credit card. The clinic itself is immaculate, very aesthetically-pleasing and comfortable, the people from the business office that explain payment options were very astute, all of our nurses was very communicative and easy to reach if we had an after-hours concern - which happened a lot. It was a wonderful experience and we would not hesitate to repeat it.
All three attempts including all injections for all three times, all visits, egg retrieval, IUI, two embryo transfers, cryo freezing the embryo, and everything else fell below $30,000 I think. Important to remember that just one round of injections was around $7,500, I think...so, all in all, it was what we expected. Possibly less. I am ballparking.
We had three embryos. We asked why we were not inserting all three at once, and Dr. Sanchez explained enough potential risks to convince us to only use 2 at first and freeze the third. this turned out to be the right advice because the third one turned out to be our baby boy.
Tampa

Dr. Sanchez sat down on several occasions and explained exactly what was going on and what to expect. He was genuine and seemed to care about me and my husband...Dr. Sanchez explained to my husband exactly how the IUI process worked and drew us a very nice picture of the time table of when to take certain injections, when the IUI would be done or not done if I was not responding correctly. Before the IUI, he explained different scenarios about an IUI and how the medicine could affect my body. After the IUI, I hyperstimulated, when I met with him, he was understanding and sympathetic but positive and made me feel better about the diagnosis.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is happy to make sure that you understand exactly what is going on.
First round we used a combination of Follistim and Menopur. I don't ovulate on my own so they were really trying to get my system working. My body responded very quickly and so I stopped taking the Follistim. First round didn't work. Second round, we started on a low dose of Follistim only. My body was responding but levels were not as high as they should be so the dosage of Follistim was raised. Second round worked:)
Mandy was prompt in calling me back about blood levels and which medicine I should take or if I needed to change the dosage. She seemed to care about how I felt and very supportive. When I hyperstimulated she made sure I was able to get into the office to see the doctors and get the answers I wanted/needed.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Hours of the clinic are very specific. I had a flexible schedule so I was able to fit everything in my schedule but it could be difficult for others depending on their work schedule.
My insurance does not cover fertility treatments, so I had to pay it all out of pocket. My insurance did cover part of the fertility medication. I did not compare the cost of IUI to other clinics but I thought that it was reasonable for fertility treatments.
Tampa

Dr. Sanchez was kind and professional. He took his time and explained all processes and procedures. He never promised to fix our problems and he never made me feel bad for being overweight. He never made us feel rushed. He made sure both my husband and I understood all processes.... He also talked to us about emotional health and how much of a toll the already two losses were. He was very kind and never made us feel rushed.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Be honest, he listens very well and takes your thoughts and opinions into consideration.
Dr. Sanchez and his staff were all polite and kind. At the first appointment he just sat down with my husband and I after reviewing our medical records and talked to us. He told us he was going to do everything he could to help. He said he can't guarantee a child, but he would do everything he could. He also talked to us about emotional health and how much of a toll the already two losses were. He was very kind and never made us feel rushed.
We did 4 rounds of IUI. I had to take Clomid and another prescription I can't remember the name of. My insurance did not cover the ultrasound prior to the IUI or the IUI or the medication and his office was very upfront with us about the charges.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff and IUI staff were all very nice and informative. When I had questions they always responded very quickly. I could email in the morning and would have a response before lunch.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Without a doubt I would recommend this clinic to anyone. I also had a Hystosalpingogram there by Dr. Zbella and he as well was kind. The only negative is that they do not have an office closer to me. It was a 45 minutes drive each way and that was with good traffic.
The office was always up front about the charges and fees. I never felt unaware. They even had the medication cheaper in office than I could find at any pharmacy in my area.
2017 - 2019
[Dr. Sanchez] was upfront and honest about our options. He laid out potential solutions to our infertility issues and helped us determine the best choice for our family. He let us ask questions, provided us with a roadmap & timing, explained the risks & costs. He made us feel like he was vested in the success of our treatment plan...I went through a fresh transfer during my first IVF cycle. Dr. Sanchez was very careful and kept a close watch on many elements within my blood to ensure things were aligned in order for us to fresh transfer. We transferred two embryos and both took. My second cycle was a frozen transfer. We only transferred one embryo and it has taken as well.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Mark was upfront and honest about our options. He laid out potential solutions to our infertility issues and helped us determine the best choice for our family. He let us ask questions, provided us with a roadmap & timing, explained the risks & costs. He made us feel like he was vested in the success of our treatment plan.
Continue to do what you do.
Dr. Sanchez was realistic in his assessment of our situation. He provided us with potential solutions and helped us choose the best option to fit our family needs. He was personable and made us feel like he was invested in the success us building a family.
One word. AMAZING!
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The staff is friendly and works as a team. They coordinate together and ensure you don't have to repeat yourself. Each person has an area of responsibility and they are an expert in that area. This allows the patient to know who the key players are and who to contact with each item.
My insurance covered a good portion of my IVF cycles. During the first cycle I had approximately $5,000 out of pocket, my second cycle was around $3,000.
I agree with Dr. Sanchez's approach to single and multiple transfer. We took his advice on both IVF cycles.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Dr. Sanchez was amazing from the moment he walked into the consultation room. He was very much so about talking with us instead of to us...Dr. Sanchez was very compassionate yet straightforward when it came to discussing our options and next steps...He made sure to keep checking with us while we were talking to make sure he wasn't moving too fast and that we understood everything he was going over. He had a sense of humor that made us feel right at home while speaking.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez was very compassionate yet straightforward when it came to discussing our options and next steps. He told us that he was willing to try if we were, which meant the world to us. He made sure to keep checking with us while we were talking to make sure he wasn't moving too fast and that we understood everything he was going over. He had a sense of humor that made us feel right at home while speaking.
Go in with an open mind. He has your best interest at heart, trust the process.
Currently, my husband is on pregnyl injections and clomid to try and correct a male infertility issue to see if we are able to move forward.
Mandy has been amazing. Just like Dr. Sanchez, she has been welcoming from day one. Any and all questions that we have had, she has been more than happy to help with. Phone calls have all been returned same day.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very warm and welcoming. There has always been a smiling face to greet us as we walk in as well as leaving.
Since we are not covered under our insurance for fertility, everything has been out of pocket. They have been wonderful and understanding with collecting funds and making sure that all that we need is covered under the current visit cost so there are no extra fees.

2012 - 2018
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Sanchez is great...He is very knowledgeable and straightforward, but also personable and connects with his patients...I had a cancelled cycle and getting the information on details, and a follow up appointment, was not easy to obtain and took way too long to schedule. (And was actually rescheduled after we were already in the office).....He has a great bedside manor. Remembered previous visits and items we’d discussed. He would joke with us and made me feel very comfortable...
2012 - 2018
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He is very knowledgeable and straightforward, but also personable and connects with his patients. My husband and I both liked him and felt comfortable going there for our procedures. Our senses of humor also matched well.
Ask all of your questions. He will answer them. And he prepared for a joke which may or may not be funny. But he will think it is.
We did a fairly standard IVF with ICSI protocol as our first and only successful round. The others were part of a study - the IVY study, which did not work for me.
Answered all questions asked but weren’t always great with responding to questions, especially off hours or lunch hours. The nursing staff that did blood draws, sonograms, etc were great.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Dr Sanchez is great but I was not a fan of Dr Zbella. His bedside manor was not great. Luckily, I didn’t have to deal with him much. Overall the clinic is good. They have dedicated IVF staff who I mostly dealt with. They were knowledgeable even if not always accessible.
I didn’t remember the exact costs but it was in the 13k range, not counting meds.
Our embryos were not great quality so we put in 3. We felt that was the right choice and he would’ve done 2 or 3.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He earned my complete trust through his amazing work and understanding of our needs. For example, we were trying IUI and were unsuccessful. Dr. Sanchez reviewed our file and didn't let us waste more time or money continuing down an unsuccessful path. It was worth trying initially but when it was clear to him adjustments were needed he acted. Without prompt from us he worked up another game plan and shortly after we were pregnant. It was the compassion and dedication to our success that impressed us. You aren't getting doctors with photocopied action plans when you go to Florida Fertility Institute. The doctors and the PA, Andrea, give your unique situation customized treatment from start to finish.
Trust Dr. Sanchez with all your fertility needs. He will not disappoint.
Dr. Sanchez and his staff were compassionate and listened/answered all our questions and understood all our needs. They celebrated all our triumphs with us and were genuinely invested in our future family.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Florida Fertility Institute is an amazing group. Every one treats you with compassion and is extremely knowledgeable in their field.
$15-20,000.00

2008 - 2012
My experience as a patient..I would say was a devent one. He was fair and explained the procedure was not 100% guaranteed. Dr. Sanchez came to speak to me personally and made me aware he would not be there when I woke from the surgery....For the most part I had surgery a bilateral tubal reversal. I was advised I had tonwait 3 months before I could have unprotected sex (to allow sufficient time forchealing). Also I had to try for 12 monthd before Clomid could be prescribed.
2008 - 2012
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
I felt like a human because I was addressed by name and in a respectful manner. If they could not answer my question they would takevmy information and call mr back.
I must admit tje nursingbtean was great. With the exception of onr particular MA. She was so mean honestly. I later on learned they became aware of her behavior and she was dismissed. Mandy took her place and she is an angel.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
They are compassionate, clean record as far as I know and affordable. I say affordable considering everything in Florida is very expensive. I had to travel 4 hours but their price was one third on the cost for the btl.
It was very reasobale. The btl was one third of the cost of many clinics.
Tampa

Dr. Sanchez very strongly pushed ICSI-IVF for our Male Fertility. We did not feel like he addressed questions well. I was an IVF newbie and we were not educated well on IVF-ICSI or the possible risks or success/miscarriage possibilites.... I believe a mini dose protocol was used for our case. Low eggs retrieved.... The clinic [Florida Fertility Inst- Tampa] is difficult to get a hold of. Treatment didn't feel very personalized.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
The clinic is difficult to get a hold of. Treatment didn't feel very personalized.
I believe a mini dose protocol was used for our case. Low eggs retrieved.
Different nurses. Had to leave a lot of voicemails as no one was usually available to speak with. I had to do a lot of following up on my own. Andrea-the PA was available if needed.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Weaknesses-did not educate much at all on the procedure or the why's. Did not explain well why I was taking a medication. I felt like I had to ask to find out anything. The clinic shares an office/building with a weight management department. Strengths- Embryologist-Seth O'Gradney- kind, took the time to explain and talk through things re: male factor Gail-ultrasound tech Andrea-was a good resource
3 day transfer was standard at the time. Though I was told that a 5 day transfer would be more standard the following year.They did not recommend eSET in general.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I took clomid and had a trigger shot of ovidril for both of my IUI’s [with Dr. Mark Sanchez]. The first iui was negative. The second iui resulted in a chemical pregnancy...explained what we were dealing with and what our options were. He kept it real and didn’t sugar coat it... He took the time to make sure we understood what we were up against as well as the iui procedure. I felt very comfortable having him as my doctor. He was very nice and very professional.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez explained our fertility issues and what options we had. He took the time to make sure we understood what we were up against as well as the iui procedure. I felt very comfortable having him as my doctor. He was very nice and very professional.
Dr. Sanchez explained what we were dealing with and what our options were. He kept it real and didn’t sugar coat it.
I took clomid and had a trigger shot of ovidril for both of my IUI’s. The first iui was negative. The second iui resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
The nursing staff was very compassionate and caring. They were very professional and always made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The clinic was very efficient and very professional. They explained the costs of different procedures. I had no problems scheduling various appointments. I never had to wait longer than 20 minutes in the waiting room.
97.65 598.76 procedure 382.50 74.53 lab work 53.89 lab work 165.71 July 13 lab work 382.50 July 12 201.76 April 24 84.07 May 22 179.52 April 26 99.24 May 21 81.60 May 25 61.20 June 13 194.33 April 19

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Mark Sanchez] really does his best to make you feel comfortable in your current situation. Personally, I'd prefer a little more explanation though. His bedside manners are great. I feel like he truly cares and wants you to have a successful pregnancy.... [FL Fertility Institute is] Super expensive and they charge a 2% credit card fee, which I really don't like. The staff is all great though - Very happy with the care I've received thus far.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He really does his best to make you feel comfortable in your current situation. Personally, I'd prefer a little more explanation though. His bedside manners are great. I feel like he truly cares and wants you to have a successful pregnancy.
Be sure to ask lots of questions!
he does his best to make you feel comfortable
Mandy is super sweet and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Super expensive and they charge a 2% credit card fee, which I really don't like. The staff is all great though - Very happy with the care I've received thus far. Super expensive and they charge a 2% credit card fee, which I really don't like. The staff is all great though - Very happy with the care I've received thus far.
Pretty expensive (in my opinion). An ultrasound is $250 and the IUI procedure is right around $600.