Medical SchoolSUNY
FellowshipU. of Oregon
5320 S. Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118
702-892-9696
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Severino to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of Las Vegas to a friend?
Dr. Severino left our treatment strategy up to my husband and I, and gave cautious recommendations like starting treatment with just Clomid. After 5 Clomid cycles with negative pregnancy results, we decided to move forward with IUI treatment, which the Dr. didn't endorse nor counter. After 2 negative IUI cycles, we asked him if we should resign ourselves to IVF and he confirmed. It was the first recommendation we ever received.
How was your experience with Mark Severino at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas?
Dr. Severino hasn't given me any reason to mistrust his treatment plans, but his team has made me want to switch clinics several times. The patient has to drag information/next steps out of the clinical team each visit and the Front Office is frustratingly incompetent.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Severino at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas?
The patient must be responsible for requesting information and expectations since it won't be given unsolicited by the doctor/staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Severino at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas?
Dr. Severino treats you like a human, but you only interact with the doctor 15% of the time. The clinic staff/nurses at Sher definitely make you feel like a number.
Describe the protocols Mark Severino used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Briana)
Required several phone calls and emails for clear instructions. Delayed response time.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Las Vegas.
The clinic and staff have not been impressive in any way. The Front Office staff are mostly useless and always have to transfer you or "get back to you" and the nurse teams seem unorganized and uncaring. They once tried to take bloodwork from me before I told them it was not required for IUI treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Severino at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas.
IUI treatment cost about $5,000, including meds.
Describe Mark Severino's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas.
He's "not in the business of creating Octomoms."
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas?
2013 - 2017
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The last treatment I did with Dr Severino was IUI, and just with clomid because my insurance at the time would not cover anything else. So we were not very optimistic that it would work, and it did not. We have done 2 donor egg cycles elsewhere, and now we are going to be doing it again(providing we have the funds to), with a known donor this time...I've seen Dr Severino several times, and he also so attentive to our needs. I know once we have the funds to move forward with another cycle, we will get pregnant. He has worked with us through every step, he also takes the time to fill out extra paper work each time we apply for a fertility grant. I went back to him in 2013, because he also was a partner to Dr McConnell back in 2001, when they treated me with clomid to get pregnant with my daughter. I trust him to get us pregnant again.
2013 - 2017
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mark Severino at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas?
LIsten to what he is telling you, and listen and understand everything.
Dr Severino is very informative, and treats me with absolute skill and care.
They are also very helpful and sincere every time I interact with them.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Las Vegas.
I just have great things to say about them. I have never come across anyone on their staff that was not super helpful and very friendly.
proposed care will be about $14,000
I don't have any comments on that
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
My husband and I felt very comfortable with Mark [Severino] and his knowledge. We feel he is trying to help us conceive but we hope for better results. I would like to try every crazy possible option out there and available....Great bedside manner. Always explained although I didn’t always understand the explanations.... I tested positive for natural killers and we changed medical protocol to add intralipids and lovenox
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Mark Severino at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas?
My husband and I felt very comfortable with Mark and his knowledge. We feel he is trying to help us conceive but we hope for better results. I would like to try every crazy possible option out there and available.
Have patience because infertility is a hard road.
They all are so energetic and happy. They make me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Las Vegas.
Great with patient knowledge and making you feel important. Great front staff as well as financial staff. My husband and I have had great experiences. Weakness just that sometimes your appts are separated by a few hours but understandable bc they want results back in time for ultrasound.
We used attain fertility plan
Las Vegas
We tried IUI with Dr. Severino back in 2013 and stopped fertility treatments to peruse adoption. Now in 2017, I am back to try IVF. He listened to what I wanted and answered any questions I had. I never once felt like my family was not his most important thing. I couldn't imagine using another Dr to start my family with...Our first round of IVF with a frozen transfer, meds and genetic screening is going to cost $18,000.
How was your experience with Mark Severino at Sher Fertility of Las Vegas?
You have nothing to worry about!
He is such a kind man and is so compassionate with his patients.
I don't know what my protocol will be. We are just starting the testing for IVF.
They were so friendly and did a great job to make me feel comfortable. It was like I have known them for years.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Las Vegas.
The nurses are so friendly and it feels like you are family the minute you walk in.