Available by cell phone
Glendale
240 S. Jackson St.
Glendale, CA 91206
818-839-5764
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Surrey to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern California Reproductive Center to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Mark Surrey] always remembered us and our situation. He would always contact us with lab results, new information or just to check in. He was very informative and always presented us with options in moving forward with procedures or testings...We began with an egg retrieval, followed by a FET cycle a couple weeks later. My fiancé experienced hyper stimulation, severe bloating and swelling. Resulting in 2 taps to remove the excess fluids. The hormone injections may have been too strong for her body. We retrieved 33 eggs, made 5 embryos, 2 were mosaic.
The nursing staff [at Southern California Reproductive Center] was awesome, all very sweet, welcoming and polite. My fiancé had a lot of discomfort with the ultrasound probe. Except with one nurse, Sue. Who was extremely gentle and aware of her sensitivity, so we requested her every time and the nurses would coordinate to make it happen...Very nice, clean, plenty of seating, calming environment with lots of natural light. 8am - 10am there is a lot of patients coming and going. The administrative desk can be a little distracted at times. It would sometimes take a few moments to be greeted or acknowledged if they were typing, filing, etc. But overall very nice. The nursing team was awesome, always available, after hours or on the weekends.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Overall, Dr. Surrey was very great and very pleasant. He always remembered us and our situation. He would always contact us with lab results, new information or just to check in. He was very informative and always presented us with options in moving forward with procedures or testings. Financial stresses and work related challenges have been very present throughout our process. This is probably just a personal/emotional experience, but I felt as though Dr. Surrey was not mindful of our financial struggles. I understand he has an accounting department for that, but sometimes it almost seemed like we were encouraged to take the most expensive procedures/actions to move forward. However, if finances were not an issue, I probably would not feel that way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Educate yourself as much as possible, talk to others who have gone through IVF treatments successfully and unsuccessful. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Surrey was always very involved. He would personally check in on my fiancé in addition to his nurses calling us as well. If he solely spoke to my fiancé on the phone, he always volunteered to call me directly and relay the information, or encouraged me to call if we had any questions. We had a couple emergency situations, over a weekend, due to hyper-stimulation and Dr. Surrey, literally left the golf course to come see us at his clinic. He was also very warm and friendly and very familiar with our situation, considering all the other patients he has, it made us feel special.
Describe the protocols Mark Surrey used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
We began with an egg retrieval, followed by a FET cycle a couple weeks later. My fiancé experienced hyper stimulation, severe bloating and swelling. Resulting in 2 taps to remove the excess fluids. The hormone injections may have been too strong for her body. We retrieved 33 eggs, made 5 embryos, 2 were mosaic. Of the 3 viable embryos, two were Day 7 and one was Day 5, which we transferred. Unfortunately our transfer was not a successful pregnancy. A couple months later we decided to do another egg retrieval and freeze. This time Dr. Surrey lowered the hormonal dosage, which prevented hyper stimulation happening again. This time we got 20 eggs and just froze them due to finances at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Paulina)
Paulina was great. Very responsive and thorough with information. The nursing staff was awesome, all very sweet, welcoming and polite. My fiancé had a lot of discomfort with the ultrasound probe. Except with one nurse, Sue. Who was extremely gentle and aware of her sensitivity, so we requested her every time and the nurses would coordinate to make it happen. Olivia was also very helpful, she was aware of our finances and helped in obtaining coupons for medications. Desta was also amazing. He was the phlebotomist that my fiancé always requested as well. She does not like needles, bruises extremely easy and has delicate arms, so his care was highly appreciated!
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Wonderful clinic. Very nice, clean, plenty of seating, calming environment with lots of natural light. 8am - 10am there is a lot of patients coming and going. The administrative desk can be a little distracted at times. It would sometimes take a few moments to be greeted or acknowledged if they were typing, filing, etc. But overall very nice. The nursing team was awesome, always available, after hours or on the weekends.
Describe Mark Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Dr. Surrey was very neutral and didn't really encourage one way or the other. He educated us on the tradeoffs.
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Mark Surrey] followed up with me in a timely manner about our test results, next steps, and about what to expect from the treatment. He carries himself in an approachable way, so you are comfortable asking question and having him elaborate on any part of your treatment...Because of my age (40) and the amount of time we’ve been trying to conceive for, we were recommended IVF treatment...He presented as very capable at his job, and wished me well in the process. He was courteous and professional. He asked questions to get to know more about me.
Madelynn [nurse at SCRC] was very warm and helpful in describing the total process we would go through, what our next steps would be, and what to expect financially, emotionally and physically. She has been absolutely wonderful to work with...The team is very good at following up quickly on paperwork and testing results. They have been very helpful and kind, and act professionally. They are experienced and skilled. They are excellent at taking blood, I didn’t even feel the needle enter or exit my arm. Also, very excellent at ultrasounds. I fully trust the clinic in their ability to help me.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Native American
He is professional and courteous, very straightforward and tried to show sympathy and understanding of your personal situation. He said that he wanted to get to know my personal history that led me to his practice and asked question to get to know me and my husband better. He followed up with me in a timely manner about our test results, next steps, and about what to expect from the treatment. He carries himself in an approachable way, so you are comfortable asking question and having him elaborate on any part of your treatment.
He is skilled at his work and is able to answer any questions you have in this area.
I have high egg count and my husband has a high sperm count. However we’ve experienced secondary infertility. Because of my age (40) and the amount of time we’ve been trying to conceive for, we were recommended IVF treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madelynn)
Madelynn was very warm and helpful in describing the total process we would go through, what our next steps would be, and what to expect financially, emotionally and physically. She has been absolutely wonderful to work with.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
They are prompt on answering all of your questions, and routing you to the right person if they can't answer a question. The team is very good at following up quickly on paperwork and testing results. They have been very helpful and kind, and act professionally. They are experienced and skilled. They are excellent at taking blood, I didn’t even feel the needle enter or exit my arm. Also, very excellent at ultrasounds. I fully trust the clinic in their ability to help me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center.
I have Progyny insurance, so have very little out of pocket cost.
I will elect for eSET because I had a high risk pregnancy in the past and because of my age.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Surrey] read through our history with IVF prior to our consultation therefore all questions were made to clarify versus tell our whole story all over again. He spent >2 hours with us running tests needed to evaluate (way more than any other doctor we had been with). He did a great job at explaining everything without sugar coating it. ... We are still in the early stages, but I feel he has gathered more information on me than any other clinic/doctor
The clinic [So Cal Reproductive Center] itself is very busy - we had to wait 1 hour after our schedule time due to a surgery going overtime. Advice to people attending the clinic, prepare to be there longer than expected - set aside plenty of time for if the appt is pushed back and if it runs over. ... Following our consultation, the nursing staff never had to go back and forth to ask Dr. Surrey what was needed - it was as if they already new (good communication)
European, Other
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
He read through our history with IVF prior to our consultation therefore all questions were made to clarify versus tell our whole story all over again. He spent >2 hours with us running tests needed to evaluate (way more than any other doctor we had been with). He did a great job at explaining everything without sugar coating it.
He is worth it so if hesitant with your current doctor, Dr. Surrey is worth the second, third, fourth opinion
My first doctor was more friend than doctor, my second and third treated me like a number, and so far with Dr. Surrey I feel like a human being treated by an extremely knowledgeable doctor
So fat Dr. Surrey has had more items assessed than any other doctor therefore I can say that his protocols are more thorough. We are still in the early stages, but I feel he has gathered more information on me than any other clinic/doctor
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is very clean and seemed well managed. The clinic itself is very busy - we had to wait 1 hour after our schedule time due to a surgery going overtime. Advice to people attending the clinic, prepare to be there longer than expected - set aside plenty of time for if the appt is pushed back and if it runs over.
To be honest, I'm currently waiting to hear back from the financial department to find out the total costs.
We will see this year as I'm currently preparing for an egg retrieval
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center.

Dr. Surrey was kind and polite. However, he rushed each visit with him and was not very willing to answer questions. He avoided some questions or brushed them off. He did not really explain procedures and risks. I left each appointment with unanswered questions. ... However, with Dr. Surrey, I felt like a number. ... He also did not describe treatment in great detail.
The clinic [SCRC] was great at taking my messages and relaying them back to the team. I was always called back the same day. I liked that the clinic had some hours Saturday mornings. They worked with me and my crazy schedule. ... Maddie [nurse] was very kind and professional. She was very good about notifying me of the treatment plan and updates. She always called back same day, though oftentimes it was end of day. She did have a little difficulty with my prescriptions but communicated everything upfront with me
Write down all of your questions and make sure you don't leave without them being answered.
The staff at the clinic treated me like a human. However, with Dr. Surrey, I felt like a number. He was very hurried and did not thoroughly answer my questions. He also did not describe treatment in great detail. I had to ask the staff for more information later.
Letrozole with TI, Clomid with TI, Letrozole and Novarel for IUI, Clomid with Metformin and Prednisone and Novarel for IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Maddie)
Maddie was very kind and professional. She was very good about notifying me of the treatment plan and updates. She always called back same day, though oftentimes it was end of day. She did have a little difficulty with my prescriptions but communicated everything upfront with me
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic was great at taking my messages and relaying them back to the team. I was always called back the same day. I liked that the clinic had some hours Saturday mornings. They worked with me and my crazy schedule.
$370 for IUI, $19,000 plus meds for IVF
N.a
+ Read more- Read less

I felt that Dr Surrey was very knowledgeable with what my condition was. He let us know the options we had and also made us feel that if we had any questions or hesitations that we could always call and ask him....I was on birth control at the beginning to regulate my period after I was taking my stimulation’s and that was determined by the ultrasounds and what my levels where at the time which was follistum and menopur. Before my retrieval I was given antibiotics to help with any bacteria infections.
The clinic [SCRC] was great easy to find in Santa Barbara it was clean and the staff was awesome. The front desk always called to confirm appointments and they were on it with all the information. They were also great with emails sometimes it was hard to get down to the clinic so if we were able to do it over email or fax they always made it work for us.... The staff was awesome always made me feel very comfortable and they always made me feel important which is a great feeling when you feel so many emotions.
Make sure to have all your questions written down because he will take the time to answer them but it’s better to be prepared when you meet with him.
The staff is really awesome at the clinic the nurse Maddie always made me feel very comfortable and they all were very professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madilyn Will)
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic was great easy to find in Santa Barbara it was clean and the staff was awesome. The front desk always called to confirm appointments and they were on it with all the information. They were also great with emails sometimes it was hard to get down to the clinic so if we were able to do it over email or fax they always made it work for us. Just overall great staff.
Around 20,396
He wanted to retrieve the healthy ones and that was his main concern. If I choose multiples then I would have to talk about the chances of having twins.

2010 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr Surrey will tell you exactly how it is and what to expect. Weather you are ready for it or not...We have been working with Dr Surrey for so long that I feel he really cares for us and our having a baby...is a no nonsense kind of doctor. Is always straight forward and direct when it comes to answering questions or informing us on what is going on. He is extremely knowledgeable and we feel that we are in good hands with him and his team.
[Southern California Reproductive Center] is a state of the art clinic. And it seems to run like a well oiled machine. The staff all works well together, and they have a surgery center on site. All the staff that we have met are really nice and caring. Sometimes you have to leave a couple messages before the doctor will get back to you because they have so many offices...All the nurses that we have felt with at dr Surrey office have been great...
2010 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr Surrey is a no nonsense kind of doctor. Is always straight forward and direct when it comes to answering questions or informing us on what is going on. He is extremely knowledgeable and we feel that we are in good hands with him and his team.
All the nurses that we have felt with at dr Surrey office have been great.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
This is a state of the art clinic. And it seems to run like a well oiled machine. The staff all works well together, and they have a surgery center on site. All the staff that we have met are really nice and caring. Sometimes you have to leave a couple messages before the doctor will get back to you because they have so many offices.
They were willing to transfer either one or two but told us that if they do two the chances for twins is really high and all the complications that can come with that.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Surrey talked to me like I was stupid, he barely acknowledged my feelings or emotions about test results or diagnosis and didn’t even ask about how I wanted to approach my treatment plan. Cold bedside manner and very impersonal. ... I had a horrible experience with him. Not only did he misdiagnose me but he didn’t do the necessary blood work needed to prove my diagnosis was correct. Because of this misdiagnosis I spent months convinced I had PCOS when I actually didn’t.
They [Southern California Reproductive Center] made me feel like a number and made me feel broken. ... When I switched doctors they failed to send my paperwork over in a timely manner which resulted in my new doctor having to run all the tests over again. ... Everyone [nurses] acted like I was inconveniencing them when I asked questions or tried to be proactive about my treatment. ... I’m still receiving bills from them which only adds insult to injury.
I did one round of Letrozole with Dr Surrey and was so put off by him that I switched doctors.
Everyone acted like I was inconveniencing them when I asked questions or tried to be proactive about my treatment.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
I was very unhappy with the clinic overall so would not recommend them. They made me feel like a number and made me feel broken. I can’t give any strengths because I was so unhappy. I’m still receiving bills from them which only adds insult to injury.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Surrey] seems very knowledgeable and explains the process. He listens to the patient and is flexible to accommodate patient needs. I really appreciate not feeling judged and that he just wants to help me reach my goal of having a child. ... He initially recommended IVF because of my age and a previous c-section. However, I was not comfortable with the cost and wanted to try IUI instead and he was willing to accommodate me.
The [Southern California Reproductive Center] are all very responsive, kind and welcoming. I appreciate being treated like a human. The respond to emails and phone calls promptly. Also when they had an upcoming holiday closure during my cycle they made sure to let me know. ... She [nurse] was prompt, a good communicator and willing to explain when I had questions. ... The costs for IUI were reasonable.
He seems very knowledgeable and explains the process. He listens to the patient and is flexible to accommodate patient needs. I really appreciate not feeling judged and that he just wants to help me reach my goal of having a child.
He is wonderful, and seems to be very knowledgeable. If you haven't seen him, do!
He explains the process and his reasoning for what he recommends. He is professional and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madilynn Wills)
She was prompt, a good communicator and willing to explain when I had questions.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The are all very responsive, kind and welcoming. I appreciate being treated like a human. The respond to emails and phone calls promptly. Also when they had an upcoming holiday closure during my cycle they made sure to let me know.
Billing insurance for ultrasounds etc. The costs for IUI were reasonable.

5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
We needed to have my husband do a surgery the same time I had my egg retrieval [with Dr. Mark Surrey]. He had me on a low dose of meds but I actually produced the most eggs in all 5 rounds, 27 eggs 16 mature...He met with me multiple times, had meetings, personally called his friend/colleague for my husbands infertility problems, checked on me, called me personally every stage...He was very trustworthy, he was very sincere, it felt that he wanted us to have a baby as much as we did. He made his own calls to us every step of the way. I am going to try a 6th round with this doctor before giving up
They [nurses at Southern California Reproductive Center] were very nice. I didn’t see the same one every time, that would have been nice and comforting if I had...They are amazing at booking you and trying to go around your schedule. They make you feel warm and confident. I want to go to them another round except right now we’ve depleted our funds doing 5 rounds in 1 year...We needed to have my husband do a surgery the same time I had my egg retrieval. He had me on a low dose of meds but I actually produced the most eggs in all 5 rounds, 27 eggs 16 mature
5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I would say know that just because it’s Beverly Hills and just because it’s one of the best clinics that it’s going to work. Keep your hopes down until you see that baby with your own eyes.
They were very nice. I didn’t see the same one every time, that would have been nice and comforting if I had
It was 22,500 for a round and my husbands procedure was 13,500
for Me I only can do 1 embryo because of my unicornuate uterus

2020
He [Dr. Mark Surrey] was nice and was ready to get started when I was. He was able to get me in for appointments ASAP. I wish he would have elaborated on my labs and about the ovulation & Amh results further...I felt very comfortable in his office...I have not had any treatments yet. He recommended ivf...Also for patients who don’t have insurance I think it’s be good to give them the price of the tests he like to perform before performing.
The clinic [Southern California Reproductive Center] was in a perfect location with perfect parking. The office is cozy. The clinics strengths is their education. They are knowledgeable. They are available at squeezing you in for appointments in a short amount of time...$11,750 for ivf and $3000-8000 for medications...He [Dr. Mark Surrey] was nice and was ready to get started when I was. He was able to get me in for appointments ASAP. I wish he would have elaborated on my labs and about the ovulation & Amh results further...I felt very comfortable in his office...I have not had any treatments yet. He recommended ivf...Also fo
2020
He was nice and was ready to get started when I was. He was able to get me in for appointments ASAP. I wish he would have elaborated on my labs and about the ovulation & Amh results further. Also for patients who don’t have insurance I think it’s be good to give them the price of the tests he like to perform before performing. Other then that I felt very comfortable in his office.
To be more aware of telling patients without insurance what the costs of everything would be.
He made me feel comfortable
I have not had any treatments yet. He recommended ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Maddie )
Very nice
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic was in a perfect location with perfect parking. The office is cozy. The clinics strengths is their education. They are knowledgeable. They are available at squeezing you in for appointments in a short amount of time.
$11,750 for ivf and $3000-8000 for medications