Medical SchoolGeorge Washington
Glendale
240 S. Jackson St.
Glendale, CA 91206
818-839-5764
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mark Surrey to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern California Reproductive Center to a friend?
Dr. Surrey was kind and polite. However, he rushed each visit with him and was not very willing to answer questions. He avoided some questions or brushed them off. He did not really explain procedures and risks. I left each appointment with unanswered questions. ... However, with Dr. Surrey, I felt like a number. ... He also did not describe treatment in great detail.
How was your experience with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Write down all of your questions and make sure you don't leave without them being answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
The staff at the clinic treated me like a human. However, with Dr. Surrey, I felt like a number. He was very hurried and did not thoroughly answer my questions. He also did not describe treatment in great detail. I had to ask the staff for more information later.
Describe the protocols Mark Surrey used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Letrozole with TI, Clomid with TI, Letrozole and Novarel for IUI, Clomid with Metformin and Prednisone and Novarel for IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Maddie)
Maddie was very kind and professional. She was very good about notifying me of the treatment plan and updates. She always called back same day, though oftentimes it was end of day. She did have a little difficulty with my prescriptions but communicated everything upfront with me
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic was great at taking my messages and relaying them back to the team. I was always called back the same day. I liked that the clinic had some hours Saturday mornings. They worked with me and my crazy schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center.
$370 for IUI, $19,000 plus meds for IVF
Describe Mark Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
N.a

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Surrey] read through our history with IVF prior to our consultation therefore all questions were made to clarify versus tell our whole story all over again. He spent >2 hours with us running tests needed to evaluate (way more than any other doctor we had been with). He did a great job at explaining everything without sugar coating it. ... We are still in the early stages, but I feel he has gathered more information on me than any other clinic/doctor
European, Other
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
He read through our history with IVF prior to our consultation therefore all questions were made to clarify versus tell our whole story all over again. He spent >2 hours with us running tests needed to evaluate (way more than any other doctor we had been with). He did a great job at explaining everything without sugar coating it.
He is worth it so if hesitant with your current doctor, Dr. Surrey is worth the second, third, fourth opinion
My first doctor was more friend than doctor, my second and third treated me like a number, and so far with Dr. Surrey I feel like a human being treated by an extremely knowledgeable doctor
So fat Dr. Surrey has had more items assessed than any other doctor therefore I can say that his protocols are more thorough. We are still in the early stages, but I feel he has gathered more information on me than any other clinic/doctor
Following our consultation, the nursing staff never had to go back and forth to ask Dr. Surrey what was needed - it was as if they already new (good communication)
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is very clean and seemed well managed. The clinic itself is very busy - we had to wait 1 hour after our schedule time due to a surgery going overtime. Advice to people attending the clinic, prepare to be there longer than expected - set aside plenty of time for if the appt is pushed back and if it runs over.
To be honest, I'm currently waiting to hear back from the financial department to find out the total costs.
We will see this year as I'm currently preparing for an egg retrieval
Beverly Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center.

I felt that Dr Surrey was very knowledgeable with what my condition was. He let us know the options we had and also made us feel that if we had any questions or hesitations that we could always call and ask him....I was on birth control at the beginning to regulate my period after I was taking my stimulation’s and that was determined by the ultrasounds and what my levels where at the time which was follistum and menopur. Before my retrieval I was given antibiotics to help with any bacteria infections.
Make sure to have all your questions written down because he will take the time to answer them but it’s better to be prepared when you meet with him.
The staff is really awesome at the clinic the nurse Maddie always made me feel very comfortable and they all were very professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madilyn Will)
The staff was awesome always made me feel very comfortable and they always made me feel important which is a great feeling when you feel so many emotions.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic was great easy to find in Santa Barbara it was clean and the staff was awesome. The front desk always called to confirm appointments and they were on it with all the information. They were also great with emails sometimes it was hard to get down to the clinic so if we were able to do it over email or fax they always made it work for us. Just overall great staff.
Around 20,396
He wanted to retrieve the healthy ones and that was his main concern. If I choose multiples then I would have to talk about the chances of having twins.
Santa Barbara

He [Dr. Surrey] seems very knowledgeable and explains the process. He listens to the patient and is flexible to accommodate patient needs. I really appreciate not feeling judged and that he just wants to help me reach my goal of having a child. ... He initially recommended IVF because of my age and a previous c-section. However, I was not comfortable with the cost and wanted to try IUI instead and he was willing to accommodate me.
He seems very knowledgeable and explains the process. He listens to the patient and is flexible to accommodate patient needs. I really appreciate not feeling judged and that he just wants to help me reach my goal of having a child.
He is wonderful, and seems to be very knowledgeable. If you haven't seen him, do!
He explains the process and his reasoning for what he recommends. He is professional and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madilynn Wills)
She was prompt, a good communicator and willing to explain when I had questions.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The are all very responsive, kind and welcoming. I appreciate being treated like a human. The respond to emails and phone calls promptly. Also when they had an upcoming holiday closure during my cycle they made sure to let me know.
Billing insurance for ultrasounds etc. The costs for IUI were reasonable.
Santa Barbara

Dr Surrey talked to me like I was stupid, he barely acknowledged my feelings or emotions about test results or diagnosis and didn’t even ask about how I wanted to approach my treatment plan. Cold bedside manner and very impersonal. ... I had a horrible experience with him. Not only did he misdiagnose me but he didn’t do the necessary blood work needed to prove my diagnosis was correct. Because of this misdiagnosis I spent months convinced I had PCOS when I actually didn’t.
I did one round of Letrozole with Dr Surrey and was so put off by him that I switched doctors.
Everyone acted like I was inconveniencing them when I asked questions or tried to be proactive about my treatment.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
I was very unhappy with the clinic overall so would not recommend them. They made me feel like a number and made me feel broken. I can’t give any strengths because I was so unhappy. I’m still receiving bills from them which only adds insult to injury.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?

5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
We needed to have my husband do a surgery the same time I had my egg retrieval [with Dr. Mark Surrey]. He had me on a low dose of meds but I actually produced the most eggs in all 5 rounds, 27 eggs 16 mature...He met with me multiple times, had meetings, personally called his friend/colleague for my husbands infertility problems, checked on me, called me personally every stage...He was very trustworthy, he was very sincere, it felt that he wanted us to have a baby as much as we did. He made his own calls to us every step of the way. I am going to try a 6th round with this doctor before giving up
5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I would say know that just because it’s Beverly Hills and just because it’s one of the best clinics that it’s going to work. Keep your hopes down until you see that baby with your own eyes.
We needed to have my husband do a surgery the same time I had my egg retrieval. He had me on a low dose of meds but I actually produced the most eggs in all 5 rounds, 27 eggs 16 mature
They were very nice. I didn’t see the same one every time, that would have been nice and comforting if I had
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
They are amazing at booking you and trying to go around your schedule. They make you feel warm and confident. I want to go to them another round except right now we’ve depleted our funds doing 5 rounds in 1 year
It was 22,500 for a round and my husbands procedure was 13,500