Medical SchoolU. of Vermont
ResidencyU. of California Irvine
FellowshipUCLA
13950 Milton Ave
Westminster, CA 92683
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Marli Amin to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Medical Group to a friend?
2 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
2 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Amin is hands down the best doctor. I worked with her for a little over two years and, even though, this clinic was a drive for me and i knew I had good doctors available that were much closer, I still preferred to drive the 30 mins each way just to see her. She's incredibly kind, compassionate, empathetic, trustworthy and down to earth. She makes herself accessible to patients, even after hours, explains all procedures in great detail, delivers bad news in the best way possible - she's informative and direct, but also so incredibly kind and sympathetic in her delivery. She's the kind of doctor that would follow-up just to make sure you were okay, even days after.Dr. Amin was always there for any procedure and often changed her schedule just so she handled them herself. I'm one of those rare patients whose uterine linings just wouldn't cooperate and I appreciated that she would continue to try new protocols and often brought in research about supplements, eastern medicine, etc to try alongside the treatment plans so it was a more holistic approach. I cannot say enough good things about her and would recommend her to anyone living in the LA area!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
If you ask her, she will always make time for you, so let her know when you have questions or when you feel like want another consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Amin has the BEST bedside manner of any doctor that I've ever had, even outside of the fertility world. Obviously, infertility is a delicate subject and often very emotional, and she handles every situation with grace and kindness. She made herself completely available to me, even after hours, always took time to answer any questions we had and managed to deliver even the worst news in the best way possible. I always felt very cared for, emotionally and physically. I'm honestly so thankful to have worked with her during this incredibly difficult journey.
Describe the protocols Marli Amin used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
IVF protocol: I did not use Lupron in my protocol, but instead used birth control for a few weeks and then used Menopur and Gonal-F simultaneously. She monitored closely and adjusted dosage based on follicle development. Dr. Amin recommended a frozen embryo transfer, so we froze all, did PGS testing and proceeded with a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
Patty, along with the other nurses at RPMG were fantastic. They were all super friendly, informative, approachable and compassionate. I always received a phone call back the same day and they were always available to answer questions when needed. Also, the appointments are made by the nurses at RPMG, so you can ask questions over the phone, which is nice.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
While not the nicest looking office (RPMG Beverly Hills and Redondo are nice offices, the Westminster office is not as nice or up to date as BH), the staff here is excellent, there isn't as long of a wait, you always see a doctor and they can do non-surgical procedures like hysteroscopies and transfers there.
Describe Marli Amin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Dr. Amin was open to multiple, but strongly recommended eSET, especially because our embryos were tested. I appreciated this approach because it proved to my that this wasn't just about increasing her or the clinics pregnancy rates, but she was truly looking out for what was best for my health and the baby's health.
Redondo Beach
They [Dr. Marli Amin and her staff] were very specific to my cases never did I once here a comparison btwn myself and other cases. My case is very unique and unlike many others; and because of it I never felt she was very sympathetic and understanding.... There are many doctors at that practice. I can sincerely say there IS no weaknesses. If for whatever reason I had to see a different Dr; nothing was ever lost in translation, nor did it ever slip through the cracks. I was always able to reach Dr. Amin by email, and if she preferred to talk vs. emailing she would call me if she could. I even emailed her once while she was on vacation, and she responded immediately. I appreciated having her be that accessible.
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Don’t worry. The road ahead with any fertility treatment is difficult as it is. There is no need to worry if Dr.Amin is the right doctor for you.
They were very specific to my cases never did I once here a comparison btwn myself and other cases. My case is very unique and unlike many others; and because of it I never felt she was very sympathetic and understanding.
I had tubal dye study done prior to beginning and treatment. As a result we noticed there was some blockage; leading to a surgery. After that was done; we began the rounds of IUI. With clomid to help along the way.
Well informed. If I had a question re: meds I would always ask to speak to dr before hand. Of course, staff always needed to screen the call and I get that. When I advised any questions or concerns I had; they would help me without me needing to talk to Dr.Amin. Schedule kindly and greatfuly around my work schedule
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Be patient. Sometimes, like any doctors office they run behind. Rarely does it affect ones appt. This office is quick and very knowledgeable about your case regardless of who you are talking to. A weakness I would say would be is that they are not remotely close to where I live so sometimes scheduling appointments before or after work it’s hard with traffic it’s either the office in orange county or LA
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
$2,000-$5000
Yes, when we begin the IVF process she strongly recommends one embryo at a time. Considering my age
1 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Amin [at Reproductive Partners] is a dream. She has a magnetic warmth surpassed only by her knowledge of fertility and the IVF process. So personable and friendly while maintaining a level of professionalism that makes you feel like you're okay no matter what. She's honest and straightforward in a very nurturing way. Her actions are always in support of your goal of getting pregnant, even if it means her own business loses money. That's something I did not see from the other fertility docs we consulted with.
1 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Amin is a dream. She has a magnetic warmth surpassed only by her knowledge of fertility and the IVF process. So personable and friendly while maintaining a level of professionalism that makes you feel like you're okay no matter what. She's honest and straightforward in a very nurturing way. Her actions are always in support of your goal of getting pregnant, even if it means her own business loses money. That's something I did not see from the other fertility docs we consulted with.
Be patient with additional fees and trust you are in good hands. All you have to worry about is taking care of yourself during this very emotional and scary process-therapy, massage, acupuncture...it all helps keep you relaxed.
She is so warm and kind, always remembers us and waves when we are in the waiting room. Calls us regularly with updates and is always available for a phone call or quick consultation.
I did a minimal stimulation (because if you have less than 4 follicles during an avg cycle, more drugs will not help) IVF course of egg retrieval twice, on clomid for 5 days, then doing one HCG injectable a few days prior to planned egg retrieval. The egg retrievals were easy and painless with hardly any down time.
All so kind and wise. Incredibly professional.
All good
$5500 per retrieval cycle plus $150 for medications. $160/visit if I had a cyst (which had to be checked and monitored between cycles). Free embryo transfer after 3 retrieval cycles.
None, Other
Dr Amin was very warm and personable during all visits...She always gave time to answer questions and I never felt rushed.
None, Other
How was your experience with Marli Amin at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Warm, kind, doesnt rush appointments, explains everything in detail
Dr Amin was very warm and personable during all visits. She performed my IUI and explained everything completely. She also assisted on my uterine septum surgery. She always gave time to answer questions and I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?