Marsha Baker

4867 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-783-4011

1 patient review filtered by:

She [Dr. Marsha Baker] was very proactive to get me the surgeries needed to correct my uterine abnormalities so I would be able to carry a baby to term.... She was very friendly and did most of my procedures. for monitoring appointments I mostly saw nurses but they would refer to her about adjustments in medicines if needed. also, she was able to get me the meds I needed through my insurance when they didn't want to cover a specific medicine but that was the only one I responded to so she knew it was worth getting for me.
How was your experience with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
be patient because it can take a bit of time to start treatment. I was hoping to start treatment within the first month of seeing Dr. Baker but she wanted to get my body ready for doing a treatment cycle so I didn't start meds until 7-8 months after my consultation with her. Again, that was also partly due to the way Kaiser works and it took a bit of time to get surgery booked.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She was very proactive to get me the surgeries needed to correct my uterine abnormalities so I would be able to carry a baby to term. The only downside was that when I emailed her, her nurse or a nurse in the office would get back to me which I think was more of Kaisers policy rather than her just not returning my message.
Describe the protocols Marsha Baker used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
we did clomid 150 mg with trigger and timed intercourse, clomid 150 mg with trigger and IUI, menopur 75 IU with trigger and IUI, follistim 75 IU with trigger and IUI, Gonal F 100 IU with trigger and IUI, follistim 75 IU and femara with trigger and timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
they we're good and always answered my questions and got back with me quickly after they got my blood test results.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
because it's kaiser, it's in a building with other offices...more specifically the OBGYN offices which stinks seeing pregnant women or newborns while TTCing. the good thing though is that the clinic, laboratory and pharmacy are all in the same building. downside is that the clinic is open M-F but only open half day on Saturdays. also, I believe the lab and pharmacy are closed on Saturday but there's a lab and pharmacy in a nearby building for Saturday's. a little inconvienent but still doable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marsha Baker at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
because my insurance was through kaiser, I had a reduced rate than if I went through a private clinic and had to pay out of pocket.
Describe Marsha Baker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
IVF was not an option at my clinic =(
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
the registered nurse told me to make sure I had my blood drawn BEFORE I came in for my appointment but when I went into the lab (same building but separate floor) the order wasn't in the system. I had to go up to the clinic and have them put in the order and then go back down to get blood drawn. that only happened once or twice in two years though.
Marsha Baker