Martin Bastuba

Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists

Nurse available by email
Doctor available by direct line
Medical SchoolWayne State U
San Diego
6699 Alvarado Rd
San Diego, CA 92120
619.286.3520
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Martin Bastuba to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists to a friend?
Dr.Bastuba is direct and to the point. He is thorough and makes sure all avenues are explored before diving into expensive invasive surgeries. He has a good sense of humor, and is an expert at his craft. ... After a physical evaluation it was assumed I was born without a vas deferens. He then ordered bloodwork and an ultrasound to make sure everything else indicated I in fact created sperm.
The clinic [Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialist] is shared with another company, which can be a little confusing. The wait times we're not bad, but I don't feel I was given much direction thoroughly on what to expect next, or what I was to go through at that time. ... I was asked to provide my genetic testing results multiple times even though I brought in a hard copy on my initial visit. I also had some billing issues, which have since been resolved.
How was your experience with Martin Bastuba at Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Martin Bastuba at Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists?
Be prepared for the blunt truth of your situation. He will not sugar coat it, or instill false hope. If there is an issue you will address it, and if there is a solution he will explore it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Martin Bastuba at Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists?
I personally like the bluntness of Dr.Bastuba and although professional, he has a good sense of humor that makes you feel more comfortable than most doctors.
Describe the protocols Martin Bastuba used in your cycles at Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
After a physical evaluation it was assumed I was born without a vas deferens. He then ordered bloodwork and an ultrasound to make sure everything else indicated I in fact created sperm. After the test results came back, we we're in the clear to proceed with surgery. The surgery went smoothly and multiple vials of Sperm/ Tissue were successfully recovered. Our meetings we're brief and limited to a few, but we got in, found the problem, and got out with exactly what we wanted.
Not much criteria to go on, but seemed like they could use another staff member to help in the office. Response times were longer than desired, and seems like the person in charge of our request, happened to not be there.
Describe your experience with Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists.
The clinic is shared with another company, which can be a little confusing. The wait times we're not bad, but I don't feel I was given much direction thoroughly on what to expect next, or what I was to go through at that time. Found myself without detailed answers often
Describe the costs associated with your care under Martin Bastuba at Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists.
Sperm Retrieval surgery $3580 Ultrasound $550 Blood Work $420 Initial consultation $300 Dr. Visit $120
Describe Martin Bastuba's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists.
What specific things went wrong at Male Fertility & Sexual Medicine Specialists?
Martin Bastuba