Medical SchoolWayne State
267.852.0780
735 Fitzwatertown Rd.
Willow Grove, PA 19090
215.938.1515
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Martin Freedman to a friend?

6.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Philadelphia to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Freedman did exactly what he set out to do. ... My protocol was metformin and estrace daily. We added gonal-f and menopur with a lupron trigger. At age 39, we retrieved 35 eggs, 30 were mature. ... We got pregnant with our first transfer (under his care) with a PGS normal Male embryo. He followed our progress daily and called personally to congratulate us! He made sure our questions were answered the same day we asked. You can't ask for much more. ...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Freedman did exactly what he set out to do. His role was to help me get pregnant with a healthy baby. We got pregnant with our first transfer (under his care) with a PGS normal Male embryo. He followed our progress daily and called personally to congratulate us! He made sure our questions were answered the same day we asked. You can't ask for much more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Trust in what he believes...his experience in this process speaks volumes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
I felt like a human. He is very down to earth and goes out of his way to speak directly with his patients, even on a a weekend.
Describe the protocols Martin Freedman used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
My protocol was metformin and estrace daily. We added gonal-f and menopur with a lupron trigger. At age 39, we retrieved 35 eggs, 30 were mature. I ended up with 6 5AA embryos, sent for PGS. After PGS we had 3 normal males and 2 mosaic males. We got pregnant on the first transfer of a 5AA PGS normal male.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Melissa & Lindsay)
Melissa and Lindsay are top notch. If you call and they aren't available, you WILL get a call back on the same day. If you email, you WILL get a reply. They are super compassionate and are very invested in the care of their patients. Such sweet ladies!
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Mostly strengths with this clinic....i have never really had an issue that wasn't addressed immediately. They communicate well and make you feel important. The only major weakness is that all surgical and transfer procedures are done in King of Prussia, almost 2 hours away.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia.
We had insurance (at the time) with a $6500 deductible. The deductible was met quickly,.then 80 percent was covered. For a full cycle, including monitoring, recurrent loss blood panel, karyotype testing and PGS testing, we paid about $5000 out of pocket.
Describe Martin Freedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
He believes in PGS testing with one common goal, which is helping each mom have a healthy pregnancy with a healthy baby. He doesn't transfer multiple embryos if PGS tested.
Mechanicsburg

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia.

Poor Egg Quality, Other
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
We went to Dr. Freedman based on a recommendation. However, we barely saw him or spoke to him. He put us on some medications and supplements and then we had a retrieval 2 weeks later. Both our retrievals resulted in eggs but they didn't fertilize. However, after the second he said there is nothing he can do for us and we should look at adoption and/or donor eggs. I spoke with other doctors who said that it would take a minimum of three months for the metphormin and supplements to fully make an effect on my body which he didn't give a chance. When we went through the percentages in the beginning it wasn't until the third chance where we would reach a higher percentage chance. We weren't given a proper explanation when we were told this almost a week after our retrieval (the week was the worst). I believe the clinic is more concerned with their national success rates.
If you prescribe and recommend medication and supplements, give the patients a fair chance in allowing them to work. Also, provide better communication methods if you are not available have another doctor call. Do not leave hopeful patients waiting for over a week to get any answers.
we were in and out and although dr freedman and guttman knew us, the rest were nice but were like an assembly line.
VERY high dose shots of Gonal F/Follostim with Menopur and then a trigger shot (cetrocide).
Most of the nurses were nice. Jen though was only nice sometimes and not too personable.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Communication is not the greatest of strengths which I think is needed when dealing with patients who are going through such a difficult time. The ones who drew blood were nice but I feel that only 1 out of the 5-6 I saw actually knew how to do it without being painful...the rest hurt quite bad each time. the nurse staff with the doctors were pleasant. the call backs were always inconsistent and the information provided sometimes were thorough and sometimes was not. ifeel that they should provide you with the same numbers each time and then when you are on another round, they should give you your previous to compare to versus us trying to keep track of it all.
King of Prussia

At RMA, you are not always treated by the same doctor, although Freedman generally "oversaw" each cycle. Still, he often forgot how many cycles we'd done or which procedures we'd done.... In person, Dr. Freedman is great, answers your questions, and is very calming. However, as questions started to arise, it began to feel as though more information should have been shared and more options discussed. The communication was really our biggest issue, as we never really understood why certain treatments were being administered or what more could have been done.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Do your research beforehand and have questions prepared.
At RMA, you are not always treated by the same doctor, although Freedman generally "oversaw" each cycle. Still, he often forgot how many cycles we'd done or which procedures we'd done. We never discussed IUI in detail at first but got the call to "come in for insemination." It felt like there was a lot missing in terms of communication.
We began with Clomid only for a cycle. With the 2nd cycle, IUI was proposed by a nurse over the phone without any explanation or prior conversation. This was alarming since this was our first RE and we had no idea what to expect. We did Letrozole only for the next cycle, then 4 IUIs with Letrozole. On the last IUI, Dr. Freedman added progesterone (without any explanation, but again we didn't know any better amd just went with it). We got pregnant with this last IUI, but miscarried at 7 weeks with an empty gestational sac. I had a D&C, then once my levels returned to normal, we decided to take a break from ttc. Eventually, we decided to go with a new RE who might be more aggressive.
Nurses were average. They didn't really provide any extra information and at times were even too sympathetic. By this I mean that they made us feel terrible coming in after our miscarriage because their demeanor was a little too "sad" rather than helping us to be optimistic (making sad faces, saying "I'm so sorry" repeatedly).
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
We really felt like a number there. This is something we've realized more as time goes on, especially with our current RE who is so specific and personal. A strength would be that overall,RMA is very successful. However, this is only true if you have an easily fixable issue. Friends have gotten pregnant there within only a few cycles. But with us, they seemed to just "go through the motions," and when the typical methods didn't work, they went right to IVF as though it was no big deal. Everything seemed "scripted" in a way, without really trying to look for an issue and individualize our care.
We paid a copay each time except for blood only. Billing was the biggest disaster at RMA. we received many bills for hundreds of dollars for procedures that were covered by insurance. I would speak to someone in billing who would tell me they'd "write it off" ( not correct it), only to receive the same bill again. We ultimately left because the billing issues became so stressful. In the end, I resorted to crying to billing personnel on the phone saying that I was forced to leave and figure out something with another clinic because we couldn't continue to accrue unnecessary charges if we weren't even seeing results. The woman's response was to offer a 3 way call with my insurance company to "figure something out." They refused to look into the issue. Later, we received more bills months after leaving... for my D&C no less, which was a painful reminder. Also the bills were in my husband's name this time, for "tramsvaginal ultrasounds." He called and they again "wrote it off."
No comment
Willow Grove

IVF was [Dr. Martin Freedman's] first suggestion, due to male fertility factor. Doctor freedman started with standard IVF protocol, however initial round I did not develop enough follicles. Second cycle, estrace priming was utilized along with increase dosage of gonal f. After slight tweak moved forward with successful egg retrieval which resulted in 5 fertilized embryos...is adamant on one embryo at a time. Due to my age and first IVF attempt, we opted not to have embryos tested. After 3 failed single embryo transfers, doctor freedman suggested putting 2 in. Which resulted in singleton pregnancy. If embryos were tested, we would still do one at a time.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Doctor Freedman is one of the kindest and most empathetic doctors I have ever had. It was a long process, however from my first consult I knew I was in the right hands. Every set back we had, I never doubted my doctor and knew we would have the end result we had been waiting for. I can't recommend him enough.
IVF is a long and sometimes confusing process, Doctor Freedman is at the top of his field. Trust the information he’s providing, but remember to ask plenty of questions.
Doctor Freedman was empathetic the entire process, and explained every step of the way with us. We had a few setbacks and he was always optimistic our end result would be pregnancy.
IVF was the first suggestion, due to male fertility factor. Doctor freedman started with standard IVF protocol, however initial round I did not develop enough follicles. Second cycle, estrace priming was utilized along with increase dosage of gonal f. After slight tweak moved forward with successful egg retrieval which resulted in 5 fertilized embryos.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
RMA really knows what they're doing, and I never felt like I was a number. Information was always relayed to me the same day from the nurses, and if I had any specific questions my doctor would respond to me directly via email as well. All scheduling was always simple, and financing explained all the information for my insurance and then self pay options clearly.
Insurance lifetime max was utilized, after this was hit I paid the difference cash.
Doctor Freedman is adamant on one embryo at a time. Due to my age and first IVF attempt, we opted not to have embryos tested. After 3 failed single embryo transfers, doctor freedman suggested putting 2 in. Which resulted in singleton pregnancy. If embryos were tested, we would still do one at a time.
Willow Grove

I generally had good interactions with Dr. Freedman. I rarely saw or spoke to him during my cycles, but I saw him each time at pregnancy ultrasounds. During ultrasound appointments it often seemed like he was busy, which I am sure he was...Be willing to do most of your interactions with the nurses at this practice...I did three IUIs with Letrozole. There wasn't really an explanation for the medication or dosages. When I asked the nurse about next steps after the second unsuccessful IUI, she pretty much conveyed that she wasn't sure, but probably the same thing. I asked for the dose to be increased and it was.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Be willing to do most of your interactions with the nurses at this practice.
You often see different nurses and doctors at your appointments. Dr. Freeman returned my direct messages, but nurses communicated the majority of the time.
I had brief experiences with nurses at this practice during blood work, ultrasounds, IUIs and calls with results. They were fine.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I like that this office has early monitoring appointments starting at 7:00am. I was given Dr. Freedman's card with his email, which he responded to promptly. I almost exclusively interacted with the nursing staff which was mostly fine, but I wish there was more debriefing after unsuccessful cycles and involvement in the "game plan." After experiencing a miscarriage, I was never contacted by the clinic and they didn't follow my beta hcg down to zero.
Some IUI cycles weren't covered by insurance and those were $1000, plus cost of medicine.

2014 - 2019
I wish I would see Dr. Freedman more often as well as hear from him throughout a cycle. I know he is making decisions behind the scenes, but I usually only hear about them through the nursing team. He makes small adjustments as needed, but I'm not always aware of what those changes are expected to accomplish.... Several times Dr. Freedman has called late at night to discuss results and discuss next steps.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Come with lots of questions and don't be afraid to advocate for yourself.
My first retrieval I did 2 weeks of birth control followed by an antagonist protocol. Part way through my Menopur dosage was raised. I stimmed for 11 days and retrieved 8 eggs, all were mature, 6 fertilized, and 2 made it to blast. Both came back mosaic. My second protocol we eliminated the birth control because Dr. Freedman thought it may have over suppressed me and we could get more eggs. Same medicine and we retrieved 13 eggs, 8 were mature, 6 fertilized, and none made it to blast. We were shocked and have no good reason why it happened. I am planning a microdose lupron protocol next month.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic has flexible scheduling and is great about getting you in when you need to get there. Even my consultation appointment was made earlier because they called with a cancellation. They usually run on time and are always quick to respond to questions.
Currently covered by insurance
He is very adamant that single is best, especially at my age.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Freedman was totally invested in our success. He seemed to want things to go as well as we did at every stage of the process. He was always professional, super caring, knowledgeable, and always made sure we understood what was going on...Dr Freedman took the time to get to know us personally. He made personal phone calls to us at home, he was always a pleasure to interact with even when the news wasn't good...
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Never be afraid to ask absolutely any questions!
Dr Freedman took the time to get to know us personally. He made personal phone calls to us at home, he was always a pleasure to interact with even when the news wasn't good. We were so inspired we went back with our blessing and a gift for him.
I would have to look back at my notes to remember the protocol. I do remember that after the first failed transfer, he knew exactly what to do. We did a "natural" frozen embryo transfer the second time. Both were single embryo transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia.
I loved the personable nursing staff as much as I loved Dr. Freedman! After starting most of my days early in the morning in their office, I really appreciated how friendly and kind the nursing staff was.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
They can see you very early in the morning, and on the weekends. They also get you in and out as quickly as possible! The weekend office and surgical office is in King of Prussia, which is far for some, but a good excuse to shop afterwards.
They have package offerings for multiple cycles, which was so helpful and they figure out all payment options for you.
He strongly believes in single embryo transfers if at all possible.
Willow Grove

The news we received after the transfer was not what we wanted. However, he [Dr. Freedman] was positive, optimistic and comforting... Not ever pushy... thorough with our first meeting about how the process worked, etc. He was kind... After our last failed transfer, he reached out to me with a plan for going forward that we could discuss when we were ready...We used icsi to fertilize our eggs.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Freedman was thorough with our first meeting about how the process worked, etc. He was kind and comforting and if we visited another doctor and he was unsure with the results or response he would reach out immediately and make any necessary changes. After our last failed transfer, he reached out to me with a plan for going forward that we could discuss when we were ready. Not ever pushy.
Do research before going in to the first appointment. Have questions prepared. Be aware there is no guarantee and that they are providing the best care they can. Ask as many questions as possible whenever feeling uncertain.
The news we received after the transfer was not what we wanted. However, he was positive, optimistic and comforting.
We used icsi to fertilize our eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia.
I loved the nursing staff! The main nurse I saw was amazing she showed me how to administer what I needed, she was awesome if I called and had a question, they just made a scary experience so comforting.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic was prompt with any questions or anything we needed. The clinic was clean, easily accessible, and timely.
I signed up for an embryo retrieval with icsi along with a fresh and frozen transfer. The cost for these procedures, along with all ultrasounds and blood work, and medicine came to about 17,000.
When I received my fresh and frozen transfer, I was 31. He felt I was young and healthy enough with no reason to transfer more than one egg.

2005 - 2016
In the beginning, I felt like a human and had my son in 2006. The office merged and when I returned for a second child, I felt unheard and more like a number...I enjoyed working with him [Dr. Martin Freedman] in the mid 2000s, unfortunately I feel as though the merger of the practice decreased the quality of care. Dr. Freedman seemed uninteresting in trying to continue to do iui with me and my inability to afford ivf caused a lack of care in my treatment.
2005 - 2016
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
I enjoyed working with him in the mid 2000s, unfortunately I feel as though the merger of the practice decreased the quality of care. Dr. Freedman seemed uninteresting in trying to continue to do iui with me and my inability to afford ivf caused a lack of care in my treatment.
Listen to your heart. If you feel unheard go elsewhere. But, RMA gave me my only miracle and I am forever grateful
2 iui cycles with clomid resulting in live boy birth 2006. 6 iui cycles: 5 with clomid, 1 injections. 1 viAL used each time. No pregnancy. Recommend ivf
The nurses were friendly and good at drawing blood, but phone calls wereally not returned.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Strengths: doctors have years of experience and dedication. Weaknesses: lack of communication. RMA is dedicated and committed to helping families with their infertility goals; however I believe they lack in their understanding of the devastating of secondary issues.
1250 for iui each cycle and about 900 for sperms vial

2013 - 2014
He [Dr. Freedman] was very compassionate to our struggle conceiving. When my insurance made it difficult to get the medications I needed they worked with me and gave me samples as they were able. My only qualm was having to travel around to many different offices between working full time.... We did 3 cycles of IUI and they were not successful for me. Then he did an HSG. Around that time my family relocated to another state so we were not able to continue seeing him
2013 - 2014
European, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
He was very compassionate to our struggle conceiving. When my insurance made it difficult to get the medications I needed they worked with me and gave me samples as they were able. My only qualm was having to travel around to many different offices between working full time.
I remember being especially stressed and crying, and he sat with me.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I just really didn't appreciate all the traveling that I had to do. I chose the location in Langhorne but had to travel to King of Prussia for any procedures. My boss was very supportive of my journey and allowed me to flex my schedule accordingly. However it was just added stress for me.
It was really hard for our family because insurance did not cover any of our treatment. They were willing to work with us on paying for services rendered and also helped us with getting the medications we needed.
Langhorne

I'm glad that Dr. Freedman was my fertility Dr. He was understanding, informative, attentive and punctual. He spent adequate time with me during each visit . He tailored a plan that was great for my condition (PCOS)... was attentive, informative and honest. He made me feel as if my care was a priority and that i mattered...The information and test results i received were always available at the time that was communicated to me at my visit.
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Don't hesitate make an appointment TODAY!
Dr Freedman was attentive, informative and honest. He made me feel as if my care was a priority and that i mattered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Ceil)
The information and test results i received were always available at the time that was communicated to me at my visit. I received an explanation of all my levels and next course of action so that i was never left in the dark. Every time that i sent an email the nurse Ceil responded within the hour.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic staff were inviting and friendly. They knew my name when i walked in and immediately checked me in with ease. I never waited more than 10 minutes to be seen. The clinic was clean and organized.
Willow Grove

I was very likely one of many, many patients he [Dr. Freedman] saw on a regular basis but with each encounter he made me feel like he knew me and he had a personal stake in our dream and our success. He was rooting for me. He personally called me at home the night I finally found out I was pregnant...He was an incredible doctor and empathetic human being. I could not say enough wonderful things about him...
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Trust him. Ask any question you have to put your mind at ease, but he will provide the best care.
I was very likely one of many, many patients he saw on a regular basis but with each encounter he made me feel like he knew me and he had a personal stake in our dream and our success. He was rooting for me. He personally called me at home the night I finally found out I was pregnant.
The nurses were wonderful. You received a personal call after all labs and provided with the specifics - whether you understood what it meant or not - that was above and beyond. They were compassionate and friendly.

2014 - 2019
Dr. Freedman was compassionate and caring! He gave me hope during times that I wanted to give up. When I felt nervous about a few things during the course of treatments, he eased my fears and helped me feel comfortable as possible...He always answered my questions and allowed me to feel supported and cared for...4 IUI’s each for both pregnancies, and for both pregnancies, I ended up conceiving on the 4th IUI. Although statistics show chances decreasing after the third IUi, Dr. Freedman allowed me to stull try 4 IUI’s both times, which was my lucky number!
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
Again, Dr. Freedman was compassionate and caring! He gave me hope during times that I wanted to give up. When I felt nervous about a few things during the course of treatments, he eased my fears and helped me feel comfortable as possible.
Ask him as many questions as you need to. He always answered my questions and allowed me to feel supported and cared for.
Dr. Freedman was great! He was the doctor who helped me achieve both pregnancies. He treated me so compassionately and always cares about my well being. He always remembered my history and made me feel so at ease throughout the whole process. I actually went back to him to pursue a third pregnancy. Before I started treatment for that, I ended up miraculously getting pregnant in my own! He wa so caring that he still have me blood tests and early ultrasounds before discharging me to by OB, just to make sure everything was still okay! I recommend him to family and friends!
Clomid and Letrozole, along with Ovidrelinjeections. I also received 4 IUI’s each for both pregnancies, and for both pregnancies, I ended up conceiving on the 4th IUI. Although statistics show chances decreasing after the third IUi, Dr. Freedman allowed me to stull try 4 IUI’s both times, which was my lucky number!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
I dealt with Tina during both pregnancies. She was amazing, knowledgeable and really got to know me. She made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Try to get to the clinic as early as possibly, if you are going for bloodwork or treatment before work. Don’t be afraid to ask your doctor any questions you may have. Definitely research your options so your fully aware of your treatment and choices.
My insurance covered most services, but I paid out of pocket for Medications.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Freedman was very nice. He explained everything as it was going to happen. He was very thorough. He was also always on time. It was a nice clean facility and always had follow up calls. Great time.... They [RMA of Philadelphia] need to learn to communicate a little better with appointments. They seem rushed at times. They were great getting you in the morning but I feel like I was always being dug at with the needle for blood work. It made me nervous.... The staff were really nice.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Martin Freedman at RMA of Philadelphia?
The staff were really nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
They need to learn to communicate a little better with appointments. They seem rushed at times. They were great getting you in the morning but I feel like I was always being dug at with the needle for blood work. It made me nervous.