Medical SchoolVanderbilt
ResidencyStanford U.
FellowshipStanford U.
100 Park Place
San Ramon, CA 94583
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mary Hinckley to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center to a friend?
Dr. Hinckley is extremely knowledgeable, and she's very good at explaining complex medical information in a way that's easy to understand. She is very patient, and she's willing to go above and beyond to answer even the smallest of questions. She has even rearranged her schedule for me a few times. She's also upbeat, optimistic, and fun to talk to. I've now seen three REs, and she's by far my favorite.
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
You're in good hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Hinckley very quickly understood that I wanted a lot of very detailed information, and she worked hard to answer my many questions. She often made time for a quick phone call with me. She was always so warm and cheerful!
Describe the protocols Mary Hinckley used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve at age 34, so we did two back-to-back IVFs to bank embryos. We transferred one high quality embryo, and that became my son. I had an additional three frozen embryos left over, and we tried two more times. The first try, a single embryo transfer, resulted in a miscarriage at 9 weeks that was later determined to be because of trisomy 15. The second try, we were planning to transfer the remaining two, but only one survived the thaw. That one resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Devronne Houston)
Devronne was so on the ball! Her communication was crystal clear, and she always responded to my questions right away.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
I like RSC. I didn't feel like a number, and I appreciated their multiple convenient locations. I interacted with many of the doctors and found them all easy to communicate with and seemingly very competent.
Describe Mary Hinckley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
Dr. Hinckley strongly recommended that we do eSET based on our embryo quality and my age.
2012 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Mary Hinckley was the best resource and partner we could have hoped for during our infertility journey. We LOVE her! It is not a road that anyone wants to be on... but if you have to travel it anyone would be lucky to have her by their side. She called me personally and promptly with results for EVERY test. She was very easy to get in touch with and spent as much time as we wanted with us at each appointment. Her warm smile eased our fears and anxiety everytime we saw her.
2012 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Don't hesitate to contact her at anytime with any little question. She is always happy to answer anything. I think I called her team at least one time a day!
Dr Hinckley was always warm and caring. She even became emotional before I did upon leaning about my third miscarriage. She made MANY personal calls and was very understanding about my anxieties.
I did 3 cycles of iui. One without medication. One with closed and one with Femara. The unit medicated resulted in pregnancy but I miscarried at 5 weeks. The one with clomid did not result in pregnancy. The last cycle with Femara resulted in pregnancy but I miscarried at 11 weeks. I finally became pregnant naturally a few months later. I saw dr. Hinckley at least every other week from 4 weeks- 8.5 weeks. She ordered blood tests every other day during all of my pregnancies. She called within 6-8 hours with results after every blood test. Ultrasounds were preformed at least every week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Devronne)
Devronne was amazing, patient and caring.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic was amazing. Very convenient, friendly, easy to communicate with. The one downfall is how expensive everything is. However, it is comparable with other clinics in our area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center.
We paid about 10,000. The initial consultation was $300 and each iui round was about $1000.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
My first appointment with her [Mary Hinckley] I was surprised at how much of my information she had already reviewed based on the packet I filled out prior to my first appointment. She had some really good questions and suggestions and I felt very comfortable with her. She also seemed very knowledgeable about different treatment options and helped us determine what was best for us...We are just starting our first IVF cycle. We have done all of the blood work, genetic testing, etc. We are starting with Provera to jump start my period, then she is having me take birth control for a month, we will then start injections. Unsure at this point exactly what medications, before we do the egg retrieval.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
My first appointment with her I was surprised at how much of my information she had already reviewed based on the packet I filled out prior to my first appointment. She had some really good questions and suggestions and I felt very comfortable with her. She also seemed very knowledgeable about different treatment options and helped us determine what was best for us.
She is very welcoming and the office staff is super friendly and helpful.
I have been so comfortable each appointment. She even comes out to the waiting room to bring you back to her office. She seems very informed of my history and is able to keep in contact with me often.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Tanna )
She is always available. I have been able to reach her by phone or email and she is able to get back to me the same day. Very informative of the process and next steps
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Very knowledgeable Always helpful and able to answer questions. They treat you like a human being and each case is different, don't compare to other patients or treat you like any other person.
We have some insurance coverage but total will be about $11,000
The clinic has a lot of success with single embryo transfers. This is something we discussed and determined eSET would be best for me. She was not pushy at all, this was a decision my husband and I made before even going into appointment
2013
Mary Hinckley is running a very busy office. Although she is very warm and compassionate, it would have been nice if she was more educated with expert excision treatment of endometriosis versus the ablation surgical methodology and what pros and cons were to get pregnant before versus after surgery. A more detailed report of the health and shape of my uterus would have been nice to have from my HSG she performed.
2013
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
You have to be an advocate for yourself and ask all the questions. Educate her on your body and things she may not know.
She smiled a lot and was very gentle when it came to doing my HSG. She was very upbeat.
She stresses using fresh sperm and baby dancing every other day. We tried Femara twice I believe with no results. I had one blocked tube and decided to get surgery for endometriosis. RSC does not really deal with endometriosis and how it effects pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: DevRonne Houston)
She was sweet but sounded monotone and uninspired, almost like the clinic was holding her hostage. Everything felt very legally binding when speaking with her. It left me with a cold feeling. I felt like a trial.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
There is something fundamentally wrong with a "center" concept. Women need a one-on-one feeling. It's not fun talking about making a baby with 10 different staff members throughout one week. This does not bring warmth to my womb. No warmth, no life.
Drugs were covered under my insurance. The cost of IVF were typical for California.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
San Ramon
7 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Mary [Hinckley] understands the extreme emotional and physical connection to a very difficult process and communicates the medical, psychological, spiritual and scientific aspects in a manner that is tailored to our unique situation. Exceptional doctor.... Mary was extremely adaptable to the daily even hourly changes, needs for documentation/blood work, etc. On top of the process which can be down to the hour on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
7 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Mary understands the extreme emotional and physical connection to a very difficult process and communicates the medical, psychological, spiritual and scientific aspects in a manner that is tailored to our unique situation. Exceptional doctor.
Let her guide you. Most doctors rely on the patients desires/decisions... she will guide you based on your needs/desires.
Amazing staff, doctoral care, attention to detail, warmth, precision, wherewithal, expertise.
Can't recommend specifics other than Mary was extremely adaptable to the daily even hourly changes, needs for documentation/blood work, etc. On top of the process which can be down to the hour on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
DevRonne could be the head physician at some of the clinics we have sought care from.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
You will be treated like a human being with the priceless desire to have children. You will not be treated like a number or paycheck. Clinic will cover the emotional and medical questions you may have with expertise, anything they do not know, they will refer you and manage the referral responses with utmost professionalism.
Some injections were donated at a discount.
none
2012 - 2017
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hinckley was wonderful, she is such a kind and compassionate doctor. I felt like she was 100% invested in my case and helping me become a mother. Anytime she called to deliver news whether it was good or bad I could tell by her voice that she was in this with me. She helped me remain hopeful in a period of my life in which there were a lot of disappointments and heartbreaks. I could not have made it through all of it without her help, I am so grateful to her for that.
2012 - 2017
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Be patient with the process it takes time, but it is so worth it and you are in amazing hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center.
Both nurses I dealt with during my first round and second round of trying for my two children were very compassionate. They were also responsive to my emails and calls. They were patient with all of my questions and always thorough in answering them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The weaknesses are the billing team, many times I had questions regarding bills and would leave messages for RSC staff and or their billing company and not receive a call back or not hear from them for weeks.
A fresh cycle I believe was 1500 at the time and frozen were 3500, plus cost of meds
San Ramon
We didn’t have a lot of time with [Dr. Hinckley] We dealt a lot with he assistant and nurses. When we did see her we felt like she was rushing through everything and did not explain things clearly... is a nice person but as a dr. I feel like she should’ve taken more time with us. I also wish that she should’ve explained things more clearly since we had no idea what was going to happen. Throughout our two cycles, iui’s and Embryo transfer I felt like we were just a number. I guess I just felt lost throughout our first cycle and knew a lot more for our second cycle but only because we had already been through one.
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. hinckley is a nice person but as a dr. I feel like she should’ve taken more time with us. I also wish that she should’ve explained things more clearly since we had no idea what was going to happen. Throughout our two cycles, iui’s and Embryo transfer I felt like we were just a number. I guess I just felt lost throughout our first cycle and knew a lot more for our second cycle but only because we had already been through one.
Do a lot of research before talking to her and write down a list of questions.
We didn’t have a lot of time with the dr. We dealt a lot with he assistant and nurses. When we did see her we felt like she was rushing through everything and did not explain things clearly.
I’m sorry I don’t remember
They were all extremely nice and knowledgeable. If they didn’t know the answer they would find out for us.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strengths: there’s more than one location. Nurses and coordinators are nice and organized. They rarely if ever run late. Weaknesses: we felt like a number. I know they are not there to tell you what to do but I felt like they could’ve guided us better.
I don’t remember exactly what each procedure cost. Ivf cycle was about $20k including meds. Embryo transfer was around $4-5k. IUI’s were about $2-3k.
No comments
San Ramon
We absolutely loved her honesty. She was always the one to call me with news and updates. I felt like she was working with us and on our side. She was empathetic and caring. I felt like she understood where we were coming from, and often would give us options (if there were options), but always also gave us what she'd suggest, without pressuring us.... She was incredibly caring and thoughtful. We received incredibly personalized care and felt that our course of treatment was tailored specifically for us.
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
She has different case nurses. We didn't like our first one, and after we made he switch, we were much much happier. That relationship is just as important as the one with Dr Hinckley herself.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Clinic was well organized. The entire staff was all very nice, thoughtful and sensitive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center.
Appointments were all very effecient. Only thing is certain tests/procedures did happen on specific days or within windows of time. So for someone working, it was sometimes a little inconvenient.
Approximately $15,000 for the egg retrieval, and fresh transfer (including medications)
San Ramon
Dr. Hinckley is a warm and welcoming doctor. She works quickly, but takes in everything you are saying and asking. When a problem arises, she does her best to rectify it even when it's not her fault.... Dr. Hinckley preferred a one embryo transfer for most patients, especially those in my situation (unknown reasons for infertility). However, once she got to know us as a couple she was willing to try two.
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and activate for yourself. She will help!
Dr. Hinkley genuinely cared about our journey. She seemed to want to get to know us and shared about her own family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Shanda (I can't remember the spelling))
My nurse was frustrating at times. She was very caring and compassionate. However, she struggled with getting back to me when I needed her. When I felt a sense of urgency with things, she did not always feel the same way. When I brought these things up to Dr. Hinckley, she was able to rectify the situation.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic was great for everything up to and through my embryo transfer. The two issues I had with the clinic were due to poor communication about payments. When I came for my first ultrasound after a positive pregnancy test, I was not told I had to pay for it (this was a suprise payment of over $300). After my transfer, when I had my embryos stored with RSC I had MANY issues when billing.
Approximately $18,000
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Mary Hinckley] was extremely kind and sensitive. Just what was needed for infertility treatment. She took quick measures which help save our baby at 5 weeks. Her kindness is like holding your hand. She's gentle and slow. I couldn't rave more... She was very tentative to my needs and took immediate action when we almost lost the baby at 5 weeks... We did egg retrieval so used injections then did progesterone oil shots for after successfull pregnancy for 12 weeks
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
She was extremely kind and sensitive. Just what was needed for infertility treatment. She took quick measures which help save our baby at 5 weeks. Her kindness is like holding your hand. She's gentle and slow. I couldn't rave more
Don't make plans. It's a roller coaster and just hang on for the ride
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Devron )
Devron was awesome. I spoke with her more than the doctor because your always doing something with IVF cycles. It's a busy process and Devron was always there to help!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Billing had some issues. Other than that the caregivers are awesome.
Medication was mostly out of pocket of $5k+ For the transfer and retrieval was close to $5k. All in all we probably spent around $10k
She encouraged single transfer. That it was safer for baby and patient.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Hinkley was extremely informative, listened to our personal history and shared her excitement with us...Our experience with the doctor was top notch and she made us feel that as long as we were in it for the long haul... we would eventually figure this out! I enjoyed all of our communication and felt like she was thorough from the start.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
Spend a little more time calling the patients and checking in on them.
I do not remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
Sandra was very helpful and I was able to reach her whenever I needed to.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The front desk staff was sometimes rude and disorganized but I think they were a little short staffed for a while.
We spent around 30,000 for an egg donor and two cycles of IVF
I was glad that she was willing to let us use two on the second try.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
2008 - 2016
She [Dr. Hinckley] explained everything in detail. I never felt unprepared for any procedure or appointment. She called me almost everyday feuding my IVF cycle to check in and give updates and prognosis. I felt as if she was invested in my outcome just as much as I was. She is an amazing Doctor who is kind, caring and so very compassionate...Dr. Hinckely never made e feel like just another patient, she genuinely cared in my outcome. She treated me like I was the only person she was caring for...
2008 - 2016
How was your experience with Mary Hinckley at Reproductive Science Center?
She explained everything in detail. I never felt unprepared for any procedure or appointment. She called me almost everyday feuding my IVF cycle to check in and give updates and prognosis. I felt as if she was invested in my outcome just as much as I was. She is an amazing Doctor who is kind, caring and so very compassionate.
She is great