Available by cell phone
ResidencyDuke University Medical Center
7920 ACC Bld
Raleigh, NC 27617
919-908-0000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mary Peavey to a friend?

6.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UNC Fertility to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Dr. Peavey was an amazing doctor for us. She really went above and beyond to help us understand each step of the way. She would call on the weekend if I had a question, I never felt like just a number to her. We could not say enough great things...was great from the very first appointment. My husband and I felt very confided that she was doing everything she could to help us have our now son....She was very straight forward with us and when we should move form IUI to IVF. We always felt like she had our best interested in mind and what would be best for us.
UNC Fertility was a great clinic and we had a great experience their, the only thing is that the wait time could be rather long. Sometimes I waiting up to 30 plus minute for a blood draw but it just depend on the day. I just made sure I added more time then I thought I needed for the appointment...Mindy [nurse] was amazing, she always answered my emails or question with in an day and was always so happy and positive. I really missed her when we switch to our main OBGYN practice...For our IUIs they were around $500 for each round. With IVF we paid $2000 to start and then about $1000 for the medicine and then we paid $2800 for our PSG testing
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
Dr. Peavey was great from the very first appointment. My husband and I felt very confided that she was doing everything she could to help us have our now son. She explained everything about why we were doing each step and test. She was very straight forward with us and when we should move form IUI to IVF. We always felt like she had our best interested in mind and what would be best for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
To trust her and know that she wants the same goal for her patients
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
Dr. Peavey was an amazing doctor for us. She really went above and beyond to help us understand each step of the way. She would call on the weekend if I had a question, I never felt like just a number to her. We could not say enough great things about our experience at UNC with Dr Peavey
Describe the protocols Mary Peavey used in your cycles at UNC Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with IUI's not medicated due to the fact that it would not be safe for me to carry multiples. When those did not work we deiced to move on to IVF, we did one egg relative and deiced to PGS test those embryos. One the first transfer did not work. We did a few more test to get a better time window for the next transfer and added acupuncture. Our second transfer also failed so for our third we did all the things with acupuncture, added other medicine and had a successfully transfer and welcomed our son January 2020
Describe your experience with your nurse at UNC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mindy Soucy)
Mindy was amazing, she always answered my emails or question with in an day and was always so happy and positive. I really missed her when we switch to our main OBGYN practice.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility.
Describe Mary Peavey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UNC Fertility.
We did a eSET because due to me having cervical cancer 8 years ago we all felt that it was not worth the risk to do more then one embryo at a time
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility.

Dr. Peavey was very thorough in explaining our options to us and the processes going on inside the body. She took time out to make sure we felt comfortable. We always knew what to expect. She was also very considerate of our emotions during hard times, and she took time to personally call us when needed.... Our first cycle with Dr. Peavey was an IUI only, which had worked for us (along with an HSG) for our first daughter.
The nursing staff [UNC Fertility] worked efficiently and were all well trained in the procedures they were conducting....The clinic's biggest weakness appeared to be in billing. There were multiple occasions where pricing was misquoted and I was later charged more than expected, and there were some surprise bills when I had been told I had paid for everything involved in that cycle.
You are in good hands!
Dr. Peavey took lots of time out to discuss our options with us during appointments. On the day of our first consultation, she took a scan, since I was in a good place in my cycle, and we wouldn't have to wait a whole month to start treatment. She also called us after her normal hours to discuss options with us when we had big decisions to make.
Our first cycle with Dr. Peavey was an IUI only, which had worked for us (along with an HSG) for our first daughter. For the second cycle, we switched to IUI with letrozole. We also went on progesterone for a short luteal phase. After 1-2 more unsuccessful IUIs, we switched to from letrozole to clomid (still with progesterone) for a few cycles. We also had a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) again. We then planned to move to IVF, but wanted to take a month off medication first. During the month off, we got pregnant, which turned out to be ectopic, and required surgery. After recovery from surgery, we proceeded with IVF and were able to freeze seven embryos and transfer one. The transferred embryo worked and I am now pregnant.
The nursing staff worked efficiently and were all well trained in the procedures they were conducting.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
IVF - $12000 (plus medications) IUI - $800 (plus medications)
Dr. Peavey strongly recommended single embryo transfer, based on my age and my history. I am in agreement with this recommendation, as I did not want to have a pregnancy with multiples.
What specific things went wrong at UNC Fertility?
+ Read more- Read less

seeing Dr Peavey and UNC Fertility was a breath of fresh air. She was thorough, detailed but also readily listened and addressed any questions and concerns. She emailed me on a weekend (when it honestly wasn’t even necessary!) She took triple the time with me than the clinic I had visited prior... we felt as if she had our best interest in mind whether or not that was the most expensive treatment. Even after learning IVF was indeed our only option, she is still very mindful of our concerns.
The office [UNC Fertility - Raleigh] is new and you can see the level of care that went into the office space itself to be the best environment from a health standpoint (paint, air filtration etc) as well as comfort. The feeling leaving this office compared to leaving another local office we met with was incomparable. We knew this was the best fit for us...We have seen several different nurses at check in, lab work etc although we do not have a primary nurse yet in the process. (We have not actually began our first cycle, in progress) Each nurse and team member we have worked with has been professional, compassionate and very laid back (which helps in this environment)
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
She takes plenty of time to address concerns, take into consideration our feelings on things. She never hesitates to respond to emails (even on a weekend!) She spent ample time to diagnose rather than jumping to one conclusion and one treatment plan. When we first met with her, we felt as if she had our best interest in mind whether or not that was the most expensive treatment. Even after learning IVF was indeed our only option, she is still very mindful of our concerns.
Never hesitate to ask questions, ask for things to be repeated or email to follow up.
After visiting another local office and feeling as if my concerns were not heard and I was only a number and an invoice, seeing Dr Peavey and UNC Fertility was a breath of fresh air. She was thorough, detailed but also readily listened and addressed any questions and concerns. She emailed me on a weekend (when it honestly wasn’t even necessary!) She took triple the time with me than the clinic I had visited prior.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UNC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: We are not this far (waiting to be financially cleared))
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
From the moment you walk in we felt welcome. In a professional, clean, accommodating office. The doctor comes out to greet you in the waiting room and walks you back, as well walk you out after the appointment. The office is new and you can see the level of care that went into the office space itself to be the best environment from a health standpoint (paint, air filtration etc) as well as comfort. The feeling leaving this office compared to leaving another local office we met with was incomparable. We knew this was the best fit for us.
Due to office Medications
Single transfer is recommended to us

2020
Dr. Peavey was so nice and sweet. Being 27 I was one of the younger patients in the clinic. She took her time in explaining everything in detail. From the why it’s not working now to how we’re gonna get me pregnant. I felt hopeful for the first time in a long time when I left that day. ... PCOS and male infertility factor were our diagnoses. We are in the early stages currently.
Very clean and updated clinic [UNC Fertility]. One side is for bloodwork and consultations/meeting with your doctor. The other side is the lab for the embryos as well as the surgical suites. ... Nursing staff is wonderful! They are always smiling and making you feel welcome. ... It’s beautiful and well laid out. ... PCOS and male infertility factor were our diagnoses. We are in the early stages currently. Using 5mg of Letrozol on days 3-7 and then intercourse days 11,13,15,17. Our first month it didn’t work. So we’re going to try upping the medication and getting another semen analysis to see if IUI would work better for us.
2020
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
Dr. Peavey is very welcoming. Doesn’t make you feel rushed. Explains everything in detail. Makes a plan for you. If there’s something that needs to be tweaked she will do it as soon as possible. Quick responses on the portal from her or the nurses are awesome as well. I’m so glad I chose Dr. Peavey and I know one day she will help me be successful at getting pregnant.
Do it! Any excuse you have, throw it out the window. Go see her and it will change your life.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
Very clean and updated clinic. One side is for bloodwork and consultations/meeting with your doctor. The other side is the lab for the embryos as well as the surgical suites. It’s beautiful and well laid out.
Not sure yet. Waiting on bills to be sent.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Peavey was attentive and it was obvious that she cared about our treatment...She was attentive and knowledgeable and was informed on our reason for seeking treatment. While we appreciated that in Dr. Peavey, there was a lack of communication regarding our care and I often wondered if the doctors that actually did the ultrasounds and other checkups communicated clearly to Dr. Peavey... I went to the clinic about 5 times and only saw her once.
This [financial communication] was the most frustrating part of going to this clinic [UNC Fertility]. We were told that a financial person would contact us and 3 months later we still hadn't heard from them. The costs of our treatment was unclear...The clinic was nicely decorated and there appear to be many qualified doctors there. It felt like the overall environment of the clinic was seeing humans as numbers. I did not feel like I got the best treatment due to a lack of communication between the individuals on my case.
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions regarding who will be doing a lot of the follow-up care. I went to the clinic about 5 times and only saw her once.
Dr. Peavey was attentive and it was obvious that she cared about our treatment.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
This was the most frustrating part of going to this clinic. We were told that a financial person would contact us and 3 months later we still hadn't heard from them. The costs of our treatment was unclear.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Strengths [at UNC Fertility]: Variety of REs so one is bound to fit the patient's needs and personality. All doctors and staff I interacted with were optimistic and friendly which goes a long way. Weaknesses: I can't think of any. My experience there was completely positive...I only interacted with the nursing staff via the patient portal but every time I asked a question, I received an immediate or at least same-day response...I requested a Vitamin D and AMH blood test. The order was put in for AMH but Vitamin D was forgotten. So I had to have a second blood draw on another day to have my Vitamin D checked. I was not charged, of course, for the extra blood draw.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
I began seeing Dr. Peavey after having 2 chemical pregnancies in row. Besides all the "routine" fertility testing for my husband and I (thyroid, autoimmune, HSG, semen analysis, genetics, etc.), Dr. Peavey was also supportive and knowledgeable of several natural supplements I wanted to take. She was open to ordering any additional tests I wanted -- such as for Vitamin D deficiency and AMH/FSH -- even when she was confident those weren't my issues. Dr. Peavey and the entire clinic staff were kind and respectful even through my 3rd loss and understood when we wanted to take some time off. I never felt pressured or not listened to. Dr. Peavey made a point to sit down and answer all my questions in a non-hurried manner. She explained things as many times as I needed and drew diagrams to help us understand all the answers. After we decided to take a break from medications, we became pregnant naturally. Dr. Peavey was positive and excited for me even when I could not yet be excited for myself due to fear of another loss.
If you have a lot of questions or have researching online, Dr. Peavey is patient and prepared with answers. So don't be afraid to ask any and everything. She'll never make you feel like you're bothering her.
We had no measurable explanation for our failed pregnancies (3 chemicals in March, April and May 2019) besides poorer egg quality due to diminished reserve. So our prescribed plan for the time being was to keep trying for a few more months and then reevaluate. My husband and I both took natural supplements that I'd read about in It Starts With The Egg. I was also taking 5 mg letrozole (original OB's suggestion) and 200 mg progesterone (at my request) daily. I took the supplements from March 2019 to Nov 2019. I took the medications March, April, May, August and Sept. In Oct, I added a royal jelly supplement and stopped the prescribed medications. On Nov 2, I received a positive test that stuck.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
Strengths: Variety of REs so one is bound to fit the patient's needs and personality. All doctors and staff I interacted with were optimistic and friendly which goes a long way. Weaknesses: I can't think of any. My experience there was completely positive.
My costs were all covered by insurance. The only things we paid for were the HSG and SA (semen analysis). Neither was over $150.
What specific things went wrong at UNC Fertility?