Available by cell phone
ResidencyDuke University Medical Center
7920 ACC Bld
Raleigh, NC 27617
919-908-0000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mary Peavey to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 51%Don't recommend: 49%8

5.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UNC Fertility to a friend?
2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Peavey] is easy to talk to and very straight forward...She has gone out of her way to answer all my question and even made time after 5pm to get on a call with my husband and I and talk thought our next steps. I feel like she is in this with us...This time around we have added baby aspirin, steroids and a small course of antibiotics. The thought behind this is if its not harmful and there is data on it lets go ahead and try. We have also added acupuncture.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
Dr. Peavey is amazing! She has gone out of her way to answer all my question and even made time after 5pm to get on a call with my husband and I and talk thought our next steps. I feel like she is in this with us
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
She is a great listener and will answer all your question even if you think they are silly
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
I love our experience at UNC and with DR. Peavey. She is easy to talk to and very straight forward, everyone at the office knows mine and my husbands name and are so friendly.
Describe the protocols Mary Peavey used in your cycles at UNC Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with all the test, then did IUIs with not a lot of luck. We then switched to IVF since my insurance covers a good amount. We did a straight forward egg retrieval cycle and pgs tested. We have had to failed FMT with progesterone injection and estrogen pills. This time around we have added baby aspirin, steroids and a small course of antibiotics. The thought behind this is if its not harmful and there is data on it lets go ahead and try. We have also added acupuncture.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UNC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mindy Soucy)
Mindy is wonderful and so helpful thought this whole processes. She really makes everything easier knowing that I can just email or call her about anything.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
I think for the most part the clinic is great, they are good at communicating. They are hard to get a hold of the phone for simple question but I just go thought the patient portal and get things answered pretty fast that way
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at UNC Fertility.
Some morning they have been so busy you end up waiting up to 45min and other days you are in and out in 25min. It really just depends on the day
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility.
My testing was covered with insurance but then my IUI were not and they were $600 a round. I have new insurance and it covers everything at 90% so we are really lucky and so far have not paid to much for everything
Describe Mary Peavey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UNC Fertility.
I had cervical cancer 7 years ago so we are only transferring one embryo at a time
Raleigh

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility.

seeing Dr Peavey and UNC Fertility was a breath of fresh air. She was thorough, detailed but also readily listened and addressed any questions and concerns. She emailed me on a weekend (when it honestly wasn’t even necessary!) She took triple the time with me than the clinic I had visited prior... we felt as if she had our best interest in mind whether or not that was the most expensive treatment. Even after learning IVF was indeed our only option, she is still very mindful of our concerns.
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
She takes plenty of time to address concerns, take into consideration our feelings on things. She never hesitates to respond to emails (even on a weekend!) She spent ample time to diagnose rather than jumping to one conclusion and one treatment plan. When we first met with her, we felt as if she had our best interest in mind whether or not that was the most expensive treatment. Even after learning IVF was indeed our only option, she is still very mindful of our concerns.
Never hesitate to ask questions, ask for things to be repeated or email to follow up.
After visiting another local office and feeling as if my concerns were not heard and I was only a number and an invoice, seeing Dr Peavey and UNC Fertility was a breath of fresh air. She was thorough, detailed but also readily listened and addressed any questions and concerns. She emailed me on a weekend (when it honestly wasn’t even necessary!) She took triple the time with me than the clinic I had visited prior.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UNC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: We are not this far (waiting to be financially cleared))
We have seen several different nurses at check in, lab work etc although we do not have a primary nurse yet in the process. (We have not actually began our first cycle, in progress) Each nurse and team member we have worked with has been professional, compassionate and very laid back (which helps in this environment)
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
From the moment you walk in we felt welcome. In a professional, clean, accommodating office. The doctor comes out to greet you in the waiting room and walks you back, as well walk you out after the appointment. The office is new and you can see the level of care that went into the office space itself to be the best environment from a health standpoint (paint, air filtration etc) as well as comfort. The feeling leaving this office compared to leaving another local office we met with was incomparable. We knew this was the best fit for us.
Due to office Medications
Single transfer is recommended to us
Raleigh

Dr. Peavey was attentive and it was obvious that she cared about our treatment...She was attentive and knowledgeable and was informed on our reason for seeking treatment. While we appreciated that in Dr. Peavey, there was a lack of communication regarding our care and I often wondered if the doctors that actually did the ultrasounds and other checkups communicated clearly to Dr. Peavey... I went to the clinic about 5 times and only saw her once.
How was your experience with Mary Peavey at UNC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions regarding who will be doing a lot of the follow-up care. I went to the clinic about 5 times and only saw her once.
Dr. Peavey was attentive and it was obvious that she cared about our treatment.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
The clinic was nicely decorated and there appear to be many qualified doctors there. It felt like the overall environment of the clinic was seeing humans as numbers. I did not feel like I got the best treatment due to a lack of communication between the individuals on my case.
This was the most frustrating part of going to this clinic. We were told that a financial person would contact us and 3 months later we still hadn't heard from them. The costs of our treatment was unclear.