6.7

104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
978-882-6767

2020, Unsuccessful
Barely spoke w/Dr Sabatini outside of initial consult and the call 1 month after I miscarried...I had a large fibroid in my uterine muscle that was protruding into my uterus. It was creating partial blockage of my left tube and taking up precious space in my uterus where implantation would likely occur. Every time I asked about it, Dr Sabatini said it was a non-issue. When I did get pregnant, the fibroid was blocking the ability to look at the gestational sac, the heartbeat, etc. The embryos were trapped between it & my uterine wall...
Not one Dr throughout my treatment [at Massachusetts General Hospital] seemed to even look at the chart before seeing me...[nurse was] Well organized, communications and specificity were terrific. She closed the gap between me and the doctors, I always felt well cared for...I called to say I was spotting, on-call didn't get back to me...When I left the clinic, getting my records was a DISASTER. They refused to fax, took weeks to process the request and sent incomplete records, requiring me to go through another round of requests...
How was your experience with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Great experience and very scientific, but as far as expertise with IVF, I don't know enough to comment. She was absent during my care except for the first and last appointment. My treatment was during COVID but there was no excuse for the lack of communication or follow-up. I was not impressed with this practice. I had a large fibroid in my uterine muscle that was protruding into my uterus. It was creating partial blockage of my left tube and taking up precious space in my uterus where implantation would likely occur. Every time I asked about it, Dr Sabatini said it was a non-issue. When I did get pregnant, the fibroid was blocking the ability to look at the gestational sac, the heartbeat, etc. The embryos were trapped between it & my uterine wall. It made appointments when I was pregnant a total nightmare. I saw 3 doctors after Dr Sabatini, all of whom could not believe the large fibroid inside my uterus was deemed "irrelevant" to my ability to get pregnant and none would have moved forward with a transfer until that was removed. I wasted my precious time & embryos at this facility. When I asked Dr Sabatini in my final visit what type of fibroid I had, she couldn't even tell me. It was bad. Would not recommend.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Find out how she will be involved and be prepared for coordinated care in the practice which might mean seeing doctors or students who are not familiar with your case so you have to repeat your history over & over again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Barely spoke w/Dr Sabatini outside of initial consult and the call 1 month after I miscarried. Apparently she was on sabbatical during my treatment - that was never communicated. Not one Dr throughout my treatment seemed to even look at the chart before seeing me.
Describe the protocols Mary Sabatini used in your cycles at Massachusetts General Hospital and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol. Menopur/Gonal and the HcG trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Massachusetts General Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Describe your experience with Massachusetts General Hospital.
Strengths: part of MGH Opportunities: better coordinated care across the doctors, improved follow-up from staff (I was spotting and on call didn't call me back...nightmare), be more innovative in solutions, look at Boston IVF and take some best practices from them
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital.
I cannot recall. I think $10-$15k for a retrieval & transfer
Describe Mary Sabatini's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Multiple embryo transfer for untested eggs if other factors like age were a consideration, was considered, though singleton was preferred & recommended
What specific things went wrong at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Doc forgot to order the clomid challenge as part of my original workup, causing a delay in getting started,then Covid hit - I called to say I was spotting, on-call didn't get back to me - Never saw my doctor after initial visit nor did I have any sort of communication with her or ability to reach her or another doc when I had questions - Teaching hospital, the students are a mix of good & not so good. One student doing my ultrasound needed to wait for the doc in a procedure to look at my ultrasound to show her where the gestational sac was in my uterus and explain the presence of the corpus luteum b/c I was pregnant. Created a ton of stress for me waiting - really just unbelievable they didn't know that - When I left the clinic, getting my records was a DISASTER. They refused to fax, took weeks to process the request and sent incomplete records, requiring me to go through another round of requests - their delays resulted in a nearly 2-month delay in getting started with my new clinic b/c they needed blood, tests, etc and couldn't re-run those b/c insurance wouldn't approve - It took my doctor almost 1 month to connect with me after I miscarried. 1 month later, she finally made time for me. Total disgrace. - I was diagnosed w/a large fibroid inside the uterine cavity and they moved forward with transfer and assured me it was fine. I saw 2 RE specialists and my OB/GYN afterwards and they were appalled that any doctor would do a transfer based on size & location of the fibroid in the cavity. It was also partially blocking my tube, which came up in an early test and they still moved forward. Wasted my time & embryos. There was barely a note about it in my records, doctor couldn't even tell me the type of fibroid I had (my OB who examined me after the miscarriage knew in <2 seconds what type it was and explained why it needed to be removed to achieve pregnancy)
Boston

Dr sabatini took over my care when my initial doctor left. I met with her once via a video chat, never in person and never saw or spoke with her again after that conversation. During my cycle I had to bring up details of the cycle which should have been known and scheduled into our plan which in the end caused complications. The cycle ended in a miscarriage, I never received a follow up call or an appointment. There was no concern from her about my well being, no concern if medically I was ok or to discuss future steps to help make our family
I would not recommend [MGH - Boston] due to the outcome of my results and the non compassionate non existent care/ follow up concern received/ not received...Nurses were friendly for the most part. I did receive extra medication from the nurse while at an appointment due to the concern of possibly running out prior to my trigger shot ...Monitoring appointments were quick. Scheduled time was provided but I would often be seen early...
How was your experience with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
I would not recommend her
Poor cycle planning. No follow up or concern for my well being or what steps to take post miscarriage
I do not remember which medications were used this cycle. There were no complications with the medications
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Kind and compassionate
Describe your experience with Massachusetts General Hospital.
I would not recommend due to the outcome of my results and the non compassionate non existent care/ follow up concern received/ not received. I did not feel like my individual case and situation was carefully reviewed or planned out. Nurses were friendly for the most part. I did receive extra medication from the nurse while at an appointment due to the concern of possibly running out prior to my trigger shot .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Massachusetts General Hospital.
More expensive than previous clinics used. My husband and I are both currently on a payment plan and still owe $4,000
Despite previous failed results we were allowed to transfer only 2 embryos and The remaining embryos were not able to be frozen

2015 - 2019, Unknown Success
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Sabitini is incredibly kind, and respectful. However I never feel like I had enough time in her office, and she was late for several of our planned phone calls.... Dr. Sabitini is brilliant. She specializes in infertility with cancer which is why she was the perfect fit for me. That said, I often feel rushed during our visits and always walk away with more questions.... She can have a tough bedside manner, but go in to your appointment ready to learn and with questions knowing that she is going to do everything she can to help you have a baby.
MGH is an incredible hospital with amazing staff. That said, they are all extremely busy and it would be nice to have more time per appointment because even though they have done this a million times, it’s my first experience and I’m terrified.... I have not received calls with all my test results although they do get posted online.... I am about to start IVF with ICSI and PGS. Dr. Sabitini recommended this treatment as I have a chronic cancer and have a very short window to conceive
How was your experience with Mary Sabatini at Massachusetts General Hospital?
I am about to start IVF with ICSI and PGS. Dr. Sabitini recommended this treatment as I have a chronic cancer and have a very short window to conceive and carry a baby before my cancer relapses. This treatment will give me the best shot.
Describe your experience with Massachusetts General Hospital.
We are still determining this.
What specific things went wrong at Massachusetts General Hospital?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Massachusetts General Hospital.
2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
The first IUI was great, a lot of information, timely detailed instructions. This second IUI (was suppose to be IVF) was confusing, received mismatching information from nurses, and generally was made to feel that they didn't really care about the outcome.
Danvers